Speaker 1: Hello, everybody. Welcome too, Lucky Dip. It's your lucky dip. You're lucky ducks.
Speaker 2: You're ready for this, so.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi malam monte y'all. Hope you're going okay. If you're new to the podcast, thanks for listening. These are like our little bite sized nuggets. Yess a quick chat, little.
Speaker 2: Tidbit, if you will, could be anything, and it often is anything, would be facts, could be story, yes, yeah, well, sorry to take a sip of my coffee, my dead cold coffee. Yuck.
Speaker 1: It's so it's always shocking to the system when you're having a tea or a coffee and you put it down and you leave it just that minute or two too long, and then it's lukewarm or cold. It's just a whole other experience.
Speaker 3: My mum always orders her coffee extra hot. Yeah right, that surprises me too.
Speaker 1: It hurts. It's too hot.
Speaker 3: When it's too hot, it hurts anyway, each to their own. So today I read this thing. It got me right in the balls. Wow, I read.
Speaker 1: Its big balls there, babe.
Speaker 3: I know you know the ball tingle you get, you know, like when you look. I always say, it's a tingle in your balls. But you know what I mean, the pity your stomach, the badge even when you look down off something really high, or you go on a ride and you get that feeling like that butterfly sort of feeling. But yeah, okay, anyway, this gave me that maybe more intense goosebumps if you will.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it was.
Speaker 3: This guy named James McNicholas on Instagram. He is an actor and a writer and he does I posted one on my Instagram. He does these hilarious like he'll talk the lyrics to a song but in character. But it's so good his Oh okay, he's really great. But anyway. Pinned at the top of his Instagram page was something that he wrote the that his son was born, and I thought I would share it with you all because it was so beautiful. Okay, one day I'll take you to the football. You'll be cold and ask me which team we are. I'll buy a program for you, but it'll be me that keeps it in a drawer forever. One day you'll laugh at nothing, and it'll be better than any joke I've ever told. One day we'll build a fort. One day we'll go to Disney and you can meet the real Mickey. One day you'll cry so much I'll think you're broken. One day I'll tell you that when Mummy went into labor, I panicked and immediately ordered myself for Papa John's pizza. When the doorbell went she assumed it was the cab taking us to the hospital. It wasn't. It was a guy delivering an American. One day we'll watch Frozen, and then the day after that we'll probably watch it again. One day we'll stop watching Frozen, then we'll watch Frozen too. One day we'll go to the beach. I'll catch a crab, if they're not extinct by then. One day we'll listen to music in the car and I'll try and explain what UK garage was. One day, you won't need me to get you dressed. One day I might need you to dress me.
Speaker 1: This is fucking so sad.
Speaker 3: One day you'll figure out that your uncle is actually my brother and it'll blow your tiny mind. One day you, oh, fuck, this is hard, this is so hard. One day you'll be able to hold my hand instead of me just holding yours. One day you want to go camping. That'll be a firm no from me. But maybe you can join the Scouts or something and go with them. One day you'll draw me a picture, and I'll keep it on the fridge under a magnet that me and your mum bought when we went on a holiday to Magaloof. One day i'll ask you about school and who your mates are and what subjects you like. One day we'll go on a plane. No, we won't, and you won't be scared, because why would you be. One day you'll have an Instagram or TikTok, or a microchip in your brain, or whatever they're doing these days. One day I'll show you pictures and videos and try to prove I had a life before I was your dad. I'll say I had long hair and went to a party with famous people, and you won't believe me. One day you'll be too big for your clothes or your bed or for cuddles. One day i'll tell you we all stayed inside for two years because someone got off with a bat. One day you'll have a boyfriend or a girlfriend or someone else. One day you'll love someone more than me. One day, I won't see you every day. One day you'll be eighteen, and I wonder how that happened and why I didn't spend more time with you. One day you'll be angry at me. You'll realize all the ways that I'm mean perfect and in which I'm messed up, And all I can say is that I'm already sorry and that I always tried to do my best. One day we'll argue because I'm old now and I don't understand the world, because you think people should be allowed to marry their phones and I don't agree. One day I won't be here, and one day I wonder at how I knew all of this after just one day. But for now, that one day is more than enough. And I just read it and I was like, you know, we get so tied up in life. Like my kids are always like, oh, but can we do this? Can we do that? And I know that it's their way of wanting to spend more time. Yeah, And I try to say to them, you know, we can have that idea that, oh, you know, life's short, spend time together. There's also a reality that you have to work because if you want things, we have to work. But when I read that, I'm like, it does go so quick, It goes so quick, and that regret of thinking, oh fuck, time is running out where they're not going to want us anymore and they're going to move on with their lives, I know, and how hard that is for your parents, and how we don't really have maybe as much sympathy empathy, I don't know what the word is, as we should because that thought that we have, yeah, is probably how they feel as well. Yeah, that I thought it was really beautiful. Oh my god, it's so beautiful. It's just the whole time made me think of my three boys. Yeah, and just the same how it's like stuff has to get done, you know, around the house or you know, yeah, with work, and just how often I just don't.
Speaker 1: Do things with them. Yeah, Like I'm gonna get really emotional, but just like I'm Odie's world, Like he's three and he still hasn't figured it out. I've got flaws and he had you know, the older two have now where he hasn't. And he'll be like, mom, come do drawing with me, and I'll be like, I'm cooking dinner. And then as I'm doing that, because he's my last I'm like you should be doing that with him. But then it's like, but fuck, I have to cook the boys dinner. Like it's just you're constantly torn, you know, And then I know, but I try to do more. Like it's almost like I try with him, going he's my last do more with him. But you know, my twelve year old still wants me to lay with him at night, and Sam and I often will say there's going to be one night where he's like, don't need to lay with me tonight, and that will be the last, you know, it'll be, Yeah, the last of It's not going to be no one night and then the next night. Yes, that's like the start of the end of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like that idea they do say, like everyone thinks about the first of everything, but you never know when.
Speaker 1: The last ever know when the last.
Speaker 3: Year, the last time you pick him up, the last time you change a nappy, the last time you whatever. It just happens and then you think, oh, that doesn't happen anymore. Yeah, but yeah, just even that idea that you don't have compassion for your parents, for the people that they are. You hold them up to this standard of what you think they should be. But then when it's you, you think, I can be shitty and selfish and all those things because I'm still I'm still myself even though i'm your parent, and that you give up a lot of who you are for your kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Complicated, but I just thought, jeez, that's a such a mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so glad that you shared that. That was really special. Fun one.
Speaker 3: Just a reminder just to fuck up. I'm trying to make dinner.
Speaker 2: Your little last hole.
Speaker 1: Fucked school pick up already, little pricks? Why didn't they catch to the bus?
Speaker 3: You didn't go the after school program? All right?
Speaker 1: Everyone, thank you for listening. No doubt many of you are crying along then as well. And I know a lot of you listen to this on your walks so you're out there or work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll put the link to his Instagram page in the show notes. Yeah, so no offense, but don't message and say where did you get that? I'll put the link in there.
Speaker 1: In the show notes. There you go. Hi, everyone, Thank you as usual for listening to us. We really appreciate it, and you and get in touch with this anytime. Show and Tell Online is the place that you can message us and.
Speaker 2: We'll always get back to you.
Speaker 1: All righty bye for now.
Speaker 3: I love Vis