Speaker 1: Get a bushy here. Now, you might have seen on the news the bird flu is on the rise. But I'm not worried, nah, because we've got the twenties on the cakes. Now, if you don't know who the twinies are, you might have seen them on Jimmy Kimmel last year when they went crazy viral when they said this on the.
Speaker 2: News run, he's got a gun.
Speaker 1: They're twins, their wildlife warriors, and they're more in sync than n Sync. Welcome the twenties. You shared the same foe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we's right.
Speaker 1: I did not know that we had Australian birds called boobies. I've got a lovely bunch of flowers. Really, who's the better drive?
Speaker 2: We'll wear the same.
Speaker 1: Today. I'm here with Bridget and Paula powers. It's powers right, yes, Whereas I prefer to call them superpowers because not only did they save a bunch of pelicans and other birds, but they're also they've got like a mental telepathy going on. Would you say that's true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well people say that.
Speaker 1: Well there we go. So you went very, very prolifically viral. About a year or so ago. You were awarded the most viral video by Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, right, Actually it's coming up twelve months soon.
Speaker 1: Gee, Willikins. I don't know which way to look now, Hang on, which one's Bridget, Which one's Paula? I'm Bridget, your Bridget, and I'm poorer Paula Bridget Paula. Okay, Now what is it that you said that made you go so viral?
Speaker 2: Run? He's got a gun.
Speaker 1: If you didn't see it, you were living under a fucking rock. How do you find people respond to, you, know, your unison?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people are getting used to it.
Speaker 1: We've finished, we got a hang of it.
Speaker 3: Yes, we hope, so like we have tried not to talk together, but it doesn't feel right.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, it's just crazy because it's like I'm seeing double because the way you're like, you're not bunging it on at all, are you?
Speaker 2: No? No, yeah, we do get along.
Speaker 1: The same gestures.
Speaker 2: That's nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do get a lot of conflict about that because people think that we are putting it on.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you think you're just trying to like play silly buggers.
Speaker 2: And yeah, wait, yes that's right.
Speaker 1: No, I can see right now. It's very much in unison. Now, one thing I've got to ask you about the connection you've got. Have you ever been in a fight?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So you never yell at each other?
Speaker 2: No, no way?
Speaker 1: No, is it pointless because she'd say the same thing back to your Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably, yeah, probably.
Speaker 1: Imagine what an argument would be like. You'd be like, Bridget, you're blah blah blah blah blah, and she'd be saying it right back to you. So you don't fight. No, you spend like all your days together. Do you ever have time apart?
Speaker 3: Like when we're working here, one of us could be in another cleaning enclosures and yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you ever go to like a restaurant without one another?
Speaker 2: Or no? No? No, no, I.
Speaker 1: Play a game. I want to see if you end up with the same answers here would go finish this sentence, I've got a lovely bunch of flowers? Really, have you heard this song? I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts doodling.
Speaker 2: Flowers?
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Epstein didn't.
Speaker 2: Clue.
Speaker 1: No, Na, do you know Jeffrey Epstein, I've heard it. Yeah, he's not a good guy. This is fascinating. Well, the old saying is Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself. The burgers are better.
Speaker 3: At there we go, We've got one, And my favorite Hemsworth.
Speaker 1: Is Chris Really all right, this is Rob?
Speaker 2: This is wrong?
Speaker 1: So now how long have you had Rob?
Speaker 2: Where Rob is six years old?
Speaker 1: Alright?
Speaker 2: Rob?
Speaker 1: Can we say hello?
Speaker 2: Rob? Rob?
Speaker 1: Now he's very protective of them before when I walked past, he didn't want a bar of me. But maybe if I'm not. It was at a friendly neck, was.
Speaker 2: It, Rob?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was a friendly Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was like I was getting pinched on the ass at a nightclub. To be fair, Rob, No, I'll give you the ass, No, Rob, Rob, Rob. Enough men to commune all so that's Rob. I'll could get that now. I have a theory that blumbers are terrible parents because they always have their nest in the freeway. They're like, hey, work it out, kids, Is that how you were? Are you like foster caring for like bad plumber parents.
Speaker 2: Sometime and kids hitting too.
Speaker 3: They chase the parents and then grab the babies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does that have a weird you guys out when you finish each other's sentences, like you know exactly what you're both about to say.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it just happens.
Speaker 1: Naturally, second nature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, you're.
Speaker 1: Not like, shut up, I'll say that that never happens.
Speaker 2: Because tight right, we're very close because I.
Speaker 1: Saw on Jimmy Kimley shared the same fie.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, so you just like chat tip.
Speaker 1: Are you do you have Do you have partners?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, have you had partners?
Speaker 3: No, we've been we've been for twenty five years now and then we never had time for relationships, no time for guys.
Speaker 2: No, no where the smart ones.
Speaker 1: But well who and the animal kingdom have kind of gone. Yeah, I don't need men. The female praying man to seat the male praying man just se after meeting.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You haven't eaten anywhere. So have you ever dated anyone?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no one, no one interested at all? No, No, you don't ever go.
Speaker 2: We just love nature.
Speaker 1: Have you ever met David Attenborough?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, but I've but he'd been an amazing men to me.
Speaker 2: He's quite a hero, isn't it.
Speaker 1: What about Irwin's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know we've met.
Speaker 3: Yeah again and we're still really good friends with Bob Ierwin.
Speaker 2: We go and visit him regularly, because.
Speaker 1: Did he take you under his wing, so to speak in the early days?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's Steve. Yeah, is that what happened?
Speaker 3: Our brother went out fishing and they brought a big green sea turtle in. And then so everyone because we've just moved up here on the coast and someone goes wing Steve Berwin, and we didn't know who he was at her time, and then as soon as we seen him, we knew who he was. But we're too more interested in the green sea turtle. And then we went to the zoo to volunteer, and then Steve put us on after a week to work at the zoo. Yeah, we worked there for a couple of years. Then we started our own organization for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Then what have we got in here?
Speaker 2: Booby what brown boobies?
Speaker 1: Boobies?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all came in very weak.
Speaker 1: Yep week boobies all right. I did not know that we had a strat birds called boobies, but that is soon to become the biggest most loved bird on the internet. But let's talk about the pelicans. Yes, so there's pelicans everywhere. We got rob over.
Speaker 2: There, right, Yeah, he is We raised him from an egg.
Speaker 1: So you're like mama bear. Anyone comes near you, even if it's a bird, he will.
Speaker 2: Ye, he's very protected.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, he tried to eat Bluey before.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was no good. Then again, blue is a bit of a bust.
Speaker 2: Do he comes in?
Speaker 1: So this is Bluey's like collection?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Now did any of my presence make the collection? Nah? I felt Wait, oh no, that made the collection? That was mine. Yep, but my eyebrow brush hasn't made it yet.
Speaker 2: No, but he'll probably turn on the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: So he's laying all this stuff out to attract a shield of right, Yeah, that's right. Okay, there's nothing quite like leaving a pile of crap on the floor to track.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: No, we want to clean it up, but we can't do it.
Speaker 1: No, no, because he's trying to find some other woman to do it for him for the rest of his life. Clearly, he talks smack and then leaves stuff everywhere. Sounds like a dude, doesn't it. I want to see how well you know each other. I wanted you to go and stand next to Greek and I'm going to ask one of your questions and then when you come back, we'll compare it.
Speaker 3: Well, they'll be probably different.
Speaker 2: But that's what I want to say.
Speaker 1: Paula, what's your favorite meal?
Speaker 2: Lasagna?
Speaker 1: Okay? What's your best trait? Oh? Looking after birds that you're caring?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're caring?
Speaker 1: All right? What's your worst trait?
Speaker 2: Leave my closing side out?
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually I do that too.
Speaker 1: Who's the better driver?
Speaker 2: Nowhere the same?
Speaker 1: Who's saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? Who's tidy? No?
Speaker 2: Where the same? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's not like someone who leaves something somewhere and there's one who actually places something somewhere. No, Ma, you're the same. Yeah, oh god, this is the opposite to the married cup. What's been your favorite ever rescued?
Speaker 2: A jabbaru?
Speaker 1: A jabbarou?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: And finally, do you ever just want your own space?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, alright, Bridget, you didn't hear any of that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you've.
Speaker 1: Tried to whisper. We used our quiet voice. Okay, Bridget, I asked Paula these questions about herself. So what is Paula's favorite meal?
Speaker 2: Olasagna?
Speaker 1: Bluddy?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: Okay? What is Paula's best trait?
Speaker 2: I don't think she's got one. That's what this is when you're like rescuing, That's what she said.
Speaker 1: What is Paula's worst trait?
Speaker 3: Leaving her clothes inside out?
Speaker 2: How do you know this?
Speaker 1: Who's the better driver?
Speaker 2: We'll wear the same?
Speaker 1: Yes, who's funnier?
Speaker 2: Both the same? I guess that's what I said. Who's tidier tier? Well, we're identical and tightness?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like I'm not We're not playing silly buzzes here like this is they're seriously answering this the same. Okay, what's been Paula's favorite rescue?
Speaker 2: Rescuing? A jabber rue?
Speaker 1: All right, yes, function even Bob's rest. Okay, do you ever want does she ever want her own space?
Speaker 3: We've never thought of having the same space.
Speaker 1: I thought I was going to get. Oh my god, do they ever say or could we study you?
Speaker 2: Have you ever had pictures.
Speaker 3: We have done you or that that studies? Yeah, like doctor Craig, he did epig test. Well, I got five hundred thousand test tests and came back ninety nine point nine.
Speaker 1: So were you like probably the most joined, kind of symmetrical well unjoined twins on the planet.
Speaker 2: Is that I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're going to do rapid fire questions. Everyone who is on this show, I asked them the same questions. PALMEI or Parma Parma. There we go, shag Mary, date, Chris, Liam or Robert Irwin? Who'd you married?
Speaker 2: None? No?
Speaker 1: No? What about shag None? No, Chris? What about date? Can Liam?
Speaker 2: With no answer?
Speaker 1: I don't like that right? What gives you the ick.
Speaker 2: When someone picks their nose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty gross. Yes, what disease does a koala carry?
Speaker 2: Media?
Speaker 1: That's right? Crazy shaggers. What should be the mascot of the Brisbane twenty thirty two Olympic Games? Which animals? Bin chicken or the drop bear?
Speaker 2: The ibis?
Speaker 1: Do you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not car?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The humans made them get a bad name.
Speaker 1: Is it because they're in now?
Speaker 2: Beans?
Speaker 3: And yeah, that's right, lazy lazy humans not putting Lili stand down on beans?
Speaker 1: Who should the human mascot be between thirty two Olympics? Should have been Chris? Should it be Robert? Should Margo Robbie? Or should it be well bushy? Bushy would answer trick question? Now the final question, which tricks a lot of people. Would you rather eat lollies it tastes like pooh, or eat poo that tastes like lollies.
Speaker 2: Neither neither. But if you had to do the second one.
Speaker 1: That you'd rather eat pooh that tastes like lollies. No, no, no, it tastes like poop. Yes, no, that's a good answer.
Speaker 2: That's a tricky one.
Speaker 1: It's a tricky one. You actually go and rescue them yourselves physically.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, we do, and we also it pelicans from the RSPC members of the public, but we mainly go and rescue them. So when you go to like tap well we get marmullet big fish eating and then bill cat.
Speaker 2: So you just grab them by the bill. Yeah, but you've got to be very careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now, what is the grossest thing you've ever had to pull out of pelican's built?
Speaker 3: Well, we've had our arm down in the pelican's.
Speaker 2: Tummy.
Speaker 3: Hummy to pull a cook out saves him having stomach surgery.
Speaker 2: You've done a fool like, yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: And then if the hook's just sitting there on the top of the stummy, and if it's not lodged in in we pull it out that way.
Speaker 1: Do you to go pro so everyone else can have a look in. No, do you ever feel anything?
Speaker 2: You do? You don't really, do you know?
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in scenario where you're rescuing an animal and you're like, ship, we could die here?
Speaker 2: No? I guess what one? Yes?
Speaker 3: We did, remember I put on the farm that one. Yeah, we had a pelican and she was in the middle of the big dam and I just went straight down underwater and I used the pelican as a float because swimmers.
Speaker 1: Or really they say that if a bird ship's on you, that's good luck.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: Well, clearly they have not been shipped on by a pelican, because they're pelicans. Would you agree they're the worst smelling.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: That's what I'd rather pelican poo than humans.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fair. I won't want human to me.
Speaker 3: And we've been reggitated on.
Speaker 1: Out of Australia Zoo once and it was the most horrific thing I've ever seen. How did how did you deal with that? Did you?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, poor bridget, I want to go and check out your birds. Birds. Let's still whip brown.
Speaker 2: Yes, blue might on your bluey.
Speaker 1: Let's go look at some birds.
Speaker 2: You're jealous?
Speaker 1: Bluey, Are you gonna bite me and hang out? What do you do? Come join me, good boy, Come join me Blue. No, that's not nice, Blue Eye. Yeah, chat to me, Blue Talk to me what God is like to detO? Can you say shit?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Dear right, Well there we go. See we're tired, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Blue.
Speaker 1: Now, don't get my ball. He just said, yes we are. I'm just going to keep my eye closed because I want to keep that bullshit? Did you just say bullshit? This bird's insane? Well, thank you so much showing me everything. I think it's really good that people can see everything you do because you have a lot of birds.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 1: I can't deal.
Speaker 2: And it's nice meeting lovely.
Speaker 1: Meeting you too. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Ball.
Speaker 1: Oh there we got my five?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: Nice? Or carry your a bit much