Speaker 1: Well, welcome back everyone to another episode of Code NRL Monday's podcast. I'm joined by Fatima Kadou Hey, Fatima, Hi, I'll stay look at you this time?
Speaker 2: Sorry about last week and Bulldog Richie. How are you Bulldogs? I'd be I'm well, very good mate.
Speaker 1: I'm Alex also known as Nerrol Soapbox and winter is over for some hopeless teams this season. The Broncos got up manly, got up ubut and then we saw the Tigers with an unbelievable upset against the Sydney Roosters. Bulldog you wrote about this in Bulldogs Bite. What do you make of the Tigers over the weekend?
Speaker 3: Unbelievable? I really couldn't believe what I was watching as the game panned out. Where has this been? Eight losses in a row and they come out and bowl over the Roosters who have been incredibly consistent over the last what month? Month and a half, which beggars the question, well begs the question, rather, where has this form been? Why aren't we getting this every week with the Tigers? I know consistency in enerrole is difficult given this, but what they've served up over the last work eight weeks has been appalling at times, absolutely terrible. This gives them some hope. There's a pulse at Concord, but the pulse can only keep bipping if they actually start to put games back to back, and this is their greatest challenge. There's no point having a win like that if they don't back it up. This season's gone, but next year it's got to be a year whe they've got to start to put together some consistent results. It's hard, but this is a club that's been a failure a failure for fifteen years. We saw yesterday what they can do over to them.
Speaker 1: Well, so for Tim, let me ask you, is this more embarrassing for the Roosters or exciting for the Tigers.
Speaker 4: I think it's both. I think I think it's both of those things, just on the Tigers. Why I found that performance so impressive is it might have been last week or maybe two weeks ago, where Benji Marshall basically admitted that, yes, this team is mentally fatigue. The headlines, the roller coaster, the circus, the rest of it is actually getting to this team, and we'll see it now. I get that. I get that we're seeing that in our performances. Club on fatigue, absolutely, but it is true. You know, you could see it in the performances that this was a team that wasn't you know, I'm not gonna say I didn't want to be there, but was clearly struggling in terms of mental fatigue.
Speaker 3: You know what, they're not in aeral players. If they can't cope with that, they are not up to aneral standard.
Speaker 4: But the comeback and to beat the Roosters, who all of a sudden a lot of people are talking about being the Premiership favor over Penrith and in the way they did it, shades of what got everybody excited at the start of the year showed and I agree like that there is still some fight in there and there's still with some fight in Benji Marshall. There's still some fight in that team. The question now is can they back it up? Because I'm assuming they expelled a lot of energy to get that victory on the weekend. Can they back it up? And I think that will give us more of an indication of whether Benji has enough hope for it to be a building block into the summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but losing is a habit, so we see teams go on this skid and when you get that win, though, it kind of resets everything. You've got this opportunity. Now, Oh okay, the team's back. They're buzzing, the coach has got a bit more self esteem, a bit more confidence on what the playing group's doing.
Speaker 2: It feels that the team can now go into.
Speaker 1: The last I think they only have two games left to one game left, going with a bit of hope they could ruin the Cowboys season. Really, that could be a strong motivation for the Tigers. The Cowboys need those wins. So there's some really promising things out. I think, Bulldog, you're right on, like fatigue is not excuse every team is struggling. But I noticed in Justin Holbrooks pressa when the Newcastle Knights put out a future performance against Manly. Not that I'm complaining about it, and he said, oh, we've had a long run, we're tired. But when you've got results on the board, you get that excuse. When you've been losing and been putting in poor performances, you don't. And Tigers fans get upset about that. They say, why doesn't the media leave us alone? Well, if they were, just like you've said, bulldog. If they were just better, there would be less scripting.
Speaker 4: I think just the whole book was talking about mental fatigue. I think that's a completely different type of fatigue that you know, Yes, they're professionals, they get paid a lot of money. You know they should, you know, whether it's on the club to make sure that they've got the right people in place to help them deal with the mental side of things. I think maybe Justin Hodbrook was talking about sort of the physical side of things as well. I don't think you go on a run and you end up being mentally fatigue because you've been winning, Like the vibe is completely different when you're winning. So yeah, I get it they're professionals, but I also do think it's absolutely possible for a club mentally to be down in the doll drums after what they've been through and for that to be reflected in how they play.
Speaker 3: But the importantly we know about a false storm though we've had a minute, we've had false hope, and we've been let up the garden path multiple times in the last fifteen years, and they've all added up to nothing.
Speaker 4: Absolutely nothing, which is why I said, so, yeah, totally agree what we see is enough there for a building block because there is so much more to go, you know, and probably looking back, the excitement over them at the start of the year was a bit of a false storm. But I mean there's something there. I don't know if I don't think they're going to play in the top eight next year, but you know, if they scrambled like they did, I think there was this five minutes into the second half where you know, they defended three straight sets. We hadn't seen that from them for a really long time. That shows that there is some fight, that there is some care, and they have the right attitude.
Speaker 1: So well Tiger sides, at least there's some fight in the team, like, at least they've got something. When twelve went off in the first ten minutes or something, I thought they're doomed. Then Billy Smith's scores in the corner, and I go, there's going to be an absolute flogging. At least there's some fight.
Speaker 3: Build there, certainly is. I always get perplexed at Tigers fans who come at the media for a perceived over examination of their side. My argument back is, is this what you accept? Do you not want the media to call out your side? For consistent failure. Do you not want the media to find out why your side is going so ordinary? Why pick out the media and bag them. Shouldn't those questions be directed at the club to find out why. Yeah, you're bagging the wrong people. Get to the club find out how it's gone so bad for fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I agree, it's an easy target the media. It's fine. I doesn't bother meat orter for ducks back. However, it just it fascinates me that they go for the media rather than actually going they're playing the ball, not the player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting because you look at the Broncos and all the media scrutiny they've received this year, you know, and in past years. When was it when they won the wooden Spoons? So you know, Canterbury, how much studenty have they been under in the last twelve eighteen months. So I don't know, it's not just the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you avoid scrutiny when you win, so and it's been a decade and a half of incompetence, so that's part of the reason.
Speaker 3: What about the Roosters. I mean, we talk about the Tigers winning, good luck to them, but that loss could be a hammer blow to the Roosters, who I still think can win the competition. I'm not going to write them off. They're on thirty six points with the Panthers and the Warriors, so not the end of the road by any means. But it was just the way that they lost. They looked lethargic, they look weary. They had no spark that had a tann of ball inside the opposition. Twenty did bugger all with it, let's be honest, and their big stars just didn't stand up. I thought Sam Walker was average at best, Chairs didn't do a whole lot. It's a real week of soul searching, because if they don't pull themselves out of this quickly, the season of hope can evaporate very quickly.
Speaker 2: Well, and we've seen that happen with the Sharks.
Speaker 1: I was trumpeting their chances only a few weeks ago, and they barely got by against the Titans after two consecutive losses. Yeah, the Roosters look like they just thought this game would fall over and they'd win, which is credit to the Tigers.
Speaker 2: They did show the fight to defend.
Speaker 1: But in addition to that, but the Rusters didn't go right in the second half no longer need to I sa Toya Cherry, Evans Ramsey out the back. Why did they keep going left or like meander through the middle? They It just looked like a team that expected that they would win and didn't get that result. But to be fair, they've had this in them. They have been on a nine game winning streak and been one of the best teams in the competition. But they've only played three excellent games. So I'm not willing to write them off because they've played plenty of games like that and one. I still think they're one of the best teams in the competition. Do you think they go all the way?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think the Warriors are for me, are the team that's going to go all the way. But it was interesting watching the Roosters because you're right, what we saw from them sort of were those bad habits that they had before they went on their runs. So I think Billy Smith, you know, makes a poor defensive error, it leads to a try. I think, then he makes another handing error they can't defend. It leads to a try, Lindsay's at Lindsay Collins era try and then Afar who White who has been easily their best player all year, their best, most consistent player, comes up with a loose spoor, a brain snap moment that hands over a possession that allows Jock Madden to kick the field goal. So you know that was really you know, it was discipline and not being able to back up defensively. On the back of that poor discipline, we hurt them.
Speaker 1: Wilto be really happy about the Roosters Warriors. So this is out out of those top three teams, the three contenders, they've probably been in the best form in recent months. They actually had the toughest game in the round as well. They were the only one going up against a strong Top eight team, and as much as there was a fight back from the rabbit O's, the Warriors really just showed their premiership credentials. My thought on the Warriors right now is that I don't actually think it matters who's playing in the halves, not because they're inconsequential positions, but that's how clean and clear Andrew Webster's system is. But as well as how dominant his pack is they play. I've been having online this week for saying the Warriors play boring footy, but I don't mean boring in that it's not creative. It's just that get down the field, kick to your corner, put pressure on, put increase your line speed, make them make a mistake, and then capitalize on the back of that bulldog. When you say, survey the three title contenders at the moment, where do you put the worry?
Speaker 3: Well, I went out on a limb two weeks ago and I said it would be East the West in the Grand Finals, which is Roosters the Panthers.
Speaker 2: We shan't let you forget.
Speaker 3: No, you shan't, And I'm more than happy for you to bring it up when you want. Having said that, I can't go back on my word, so I'm going to sit here right now and stick with what I've said. Otherwise it looks like I'm pissed week and I don't want to do.
Speaker 2: That, or you're open to new information.
Speaker 3: I don't know. But look, to be fair, they still all are on thirty six points. Yeah, so it's not like one of those two are fallen away. The Panthers will be right there, as will the Roosters, but certainly in terms of form and momentum, which is crucial at this point of the year, you find the good teams start to build that momentum about three weeks out that's right here, right now, and the Warrior's big pack of forwards are just absolutely pausing, creating havoc.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, I think I write about it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I did write about it in the Tackle, about the Warrior's power game, and I think that's what sets them apart. Like if you look at you know, the teams that have those sort of dominant forward packs, the Warriors for me right now playing the best power game in the NRL, but also their bench, you know what I mean, Like their bench Come on, and you know there was Eddie Arama Taba who for me had a bit of a breakout game. He makes a break and I think he sets up Chanelle Harris to Beta. It might have been, but he makes that break from an even just as unbelievable pass from Demetric Bymonga, you know. So. Yeah, I just love the way they play. Yes, it's simple, but at the same time you want to watch them because you want to see all the freaky things they're forwards can come up with. What I liked about their result the most is Yes, you're right, bulldog. They're all on equal points, but there is a single point separating the Warriors and Penrith, and I love that they were cocky enough to go after that single point, to put themselves at the top of the ladder.
Speaker 2: That would have been a direction coming down from the coaching box, right.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, come on, yeah, if you're putting a field got this is so disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Look at the Warriors. You see the lot of the don't you. Andrew Webster learned his craft, he learned under Ivan. He obviously listened, he learned, he digested, he was educated, and there's a lot of similarities in the way that they play. And if you look at Coach of the Year, it was only last week I was seeing in the praises of Justin Holbrook if he could have taken them from last seventeenth, the fourth or fifth, he's coach of the year. But it can change very quickly. One bad loss and you look now and you think, gee, how can we go past Andrew Webster. He's going to have to be coach of the year, isn't he.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I still rate Wholebrook just because of the story. I don't know what influences how that decision is made, but to take a team from the Doldrims into the top eight is impressive. But Andrew Webster's equally is impressive. And that's the thing we talk about their bench, their forwards coming through, forward's coming off the bench. It's really easy to have a great next man up culture when you have an excellent system. So I think there's times where it's like the attention goes to the players, but it overlooks how much great work Andrew Webster and his coaching staff have done.
Speaker 3: Just going to meander to the left here with the Coach of the Year, you look at the and there's a few contenders. I think it's an award that has to go and hold until Grand Final day. I think all the other awards can be handed out at the Daim Medal, which is a glittering night. But I think the Coach of the year it should probably be announced on the rostrum when they hand out the trophy.
Speaker 2: Well, this is good.
Speaker 3: I think the premiership winning coach pretty much you get it most year.
Speaker 2: Oh I was going to say, is that what you think it should be?
Speaker 1: Because people say it should be iving, it should be even clear a year after year after year, So like why are we talking about Hoolebrook. Some people say it's not the most improved coach award, it's the best coach of the competition.
Speaker 2: So for you on that, do you.
Speaker 1: View it as the best coach as the coach that got their team to win the camp or it created the most transformation in their team.
Speaker 3: The criteria for Coach of the Year is uncertain. We don't actually know. I don't think it's ever been actually fed out a blueprint as to why you are voting for the Coach of the year. But you will have coaches who have done extraordinary well, like a whole book example. But the coach of the year should really be the bloke that holds up the trophy. He's got his side to win the premiership. I just think that, no matter how many arguments you throw forward, he's the best coach of the comp because he's got his side there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I viewed it's like, well, he gets to have the premiership credential though, premiership winning coach. I love the story. I really love the story of the Knights this year. Like, yeah, everyone wrote them off. I bet you two wrote them off. I didn't write them off, but no one thought that they would be good this year, especially after that trial game against the Bulldogs. You know, they've gone and scored forty seven more tries this season compared to last. Their attack was completely revolutionized, and even that game and they were woeful against mainly they were absolutely terrible.
Speaker 2: But that was their first.
Speaker 1: Loss by more than two points since Round eight. What is this team we're watching like? For me, that's a coach with incredible credentials. I'm voting I'm still going for Hoolebrook for Coach of the Year. Well, the true identity of signing double O seven has been revealed. Joey Marnu is joining the Chiefs. He said that he would only ever go back to the Roosters, but I guess tax free money.
Speaker 2: Talks, Bulldog. What are you making of the Chiefs?
Speaker 3: Now? Great bye, No doubt about that. Joey marn who was an elite player in the Enneral several years ago, he adds to what is an obviously incredibly impressive recruitment drive. However, I want to point this out. Okay, let's go through the list one by one. Brian Totto outstanding, absolutely outstanding, Alex Johnson wonderful player, getting too all the end of his career wrecked.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Zak Lomax will have been at rugby for a year picking up god knows how many bad habits. Joey Marnho French rugby four three two or three two or three French rugby back to the general is an incredibly big jump to make. We look at Jerome Leuy. His form this year has been patchy at best. He's got another year next year before he goes there is a year old and that year is at Paramatta hardly setting the competition on fire. So and Kinda Watson is obviously getting older as well. So you look at that roster. It looks great on paper. I'm just trying to break it down to say, I don't think it's as impressive as what some people think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's got a lot of star power to it.
Speaker 1: But I would suggest that most of the players that they've signed this might be their last contract. But by the time I think Leui and to O we're get into the Chiefs are going to be nearing thirty. I think Manu will be thirty two. They don't have that much footy left in them. But at the same time, so what are you saying Boulder, do you think that they'll make the AID? Do you think that they're building a squad that will be respectable.
Speaker 3: I don't know about the age of shit. I want to know about their forwards. Yeah, because their forwards are very light on. I want to know about their forwards. I can have a bit more of an educated stab. I guess as to where they'll finish in that year. One. Look, it's going on a different path the Perth. They're going down the tradesman like path. This mob's going down the glamour path. And that's fine. That's a good analyswent My only as I said, my only reservation here is that the signings look very good on paper, but when you peel it back individually, there's a few flaws in there, which are people I don't think are digesting fully.
Speaker 4: But there's also a lot of experience and a lot of premierships. Yeah you know what I mean. So yeah, and I do see where Bulldogs coming from. It feels like you could probably there's a question mark you could put aside next to every signing, but you look at what they've achieved at the NRL, what they all rep players in some form. So yeah, I think they're putting together a pretty good team.
Speaker 1: People said they remember when the Dolphins came in and people thought they were going to be terrible because they sold They signed a lot of old players from the Storm and a lot of experience that seems to work with a new franchise getting that experience where we've seen at least proof concept.
Speaker 2: So I don't think that.
Speaker 1: I don't think the Chiefs will be Premiership contenders. That's definitely. They're absolutely assembling a top eight squad. Though a lot of fans, though of other clubs, are really frustrated, Bulldog. They say it's unfair. This tax free salary for the players is just creating an completely unfair playing field.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's unfair?
Speaker 3: Of course, it's unfair, but every club agreed to it. Yeah, all the clubs knew what was going to happen. They just didn't look at the fine detail. They were offered the four million and they're all greedy gutses and they grab the money and guess what four million bucks was offered to me? I grab it too, yeh. What I'm saying is, though they didn't go through and really look at the fine print down the bottom which said tax free, contract acts, free third parties. Now they've realized, Holy hell, this is the bomb that's gone off in the in a row. None of us anticipated this. We all thought that P and G would run Stone Motherless last, and yet here we are talking about them potentially being a top eight in their first year. So it's unfair. But who's to blame. The NRL, I think had to give them some concessions, otherwise they would have been a disaster. And no one wants any new club to come in and be crap from year one. They're not going to be and that's because of the contract situation.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And not only did they take the money, but a part of me still feels like I'm talking to club types, is they really underestimated the Chiefs's ability to be able to now somebody like the why And once they did that, all of a sudden, the Dominoes four became.
Speaker 3: A cool place to go to some degree, where before that it was a place you wouldn't compound in the third world nation.
Speaker 4: There. Yeah, you know, look just on that. I think at the same time that obviously those players are going to PNG because they believe in the vision, you know, they're happy to take their families there. They think they can relocate start a new life there. The rest of it, I think also the chiefs so would deep down know that they will probably end up giving more releases on compassionate grounds. And it would not surprise me if it's a couple of the players. Not that I know anything about this, but you know what I mean. There's also happens for the warrant that they can't anticipate that. Yes, I've got everybody on board for now, but those players still going to feel the same after twelve months, after twenty four months.
Speaker 3: They'll have the biggest rotation roster and then a rule by far, you won't see a Tom Traboy Wach type any year player at P ANDNG. They'll be there for their two years, then they're out. You said they're sharing in their vision. I think they're sharing in their cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know where there's any vision at all, or that can be the concern. That's and you know what, I've got no problem with that. I've always said when footy players come out and say it's not about the money, it is, and good luck to you. I'd take the money as well. I don't know why these rugby league players have to come out and feel at some sort of moral dilemma to say that you've gone for the cash. Take the money down, blokes, go and set yourself up for life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the thing. So the other criticism of this team is that they are motivated by the paycheck, not the premiership. They are going there to get the really great deal. It's not like they grew up going gosh, I cannot wait to play for Papua New Guinea. This is just an opportunity that they've taken on that. The clubs took the four million dollars, and I would take four million dollars too. What I wouldn't do is then winge about the four million dollars that I got because I didn't inspect the fine print.
Speaker 2: Bulldog.
Speaker 1: I'm going to throw it to a question to you to clear it for our fans in a second. But fans that are upset about the chiefs and the tax free salary exemptions that they're getting, they really should be taking out their fury at the clubs.
Speaker 2: The clubs signed off on it.
Speaker 1: The CEOs can't come out and say we're not into this because they've signed the deal.
Speaker 2: I suspect we're going to see.
Speaker 1: Far more coaches and players connected to clubs come out and criticize it.
Speaker 2: The clubs can't because they took the money.
Speaker 1: But there is an important caveat here that I want to clear up with your bulldog. So a lot of fans out there think that because they have the tax free exemption, that and it's doubling what they're paying, it means they can underpay players.
Speaker 2: But that's not how it works with the salary cap, is it. Now?
Speaker 3: The salary cap does state quite clearly that you have to the n ROR will set some form of a value on every player. So for example, Hudson Young can't go there for six hundred thousand dollars. He's clearly a lot better than that that the NRL will say, we think he's valued at nine hundred whatever it may be. So it's not correct what you're saying. The NORAL will step in and for Tiamy, you understand it to be the same that the NORAL will put an individual value on every single player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the way I understand it is the salary cap order star will expect that they are registered as market value at fair value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, and that means that at Hudson Young can't go for six hundred, It's going to be closer to a million, which means that every single signing at the Chiefs will be a superstar because they have to play the players what they're worth. They're not getting Jerome Leuie for seven hundred thousand, they're paying one point two. They have the same salary cap. Peter Landy's tried to explain that did a poor job at it, but he is saying like eventually every spot will be filled, but it won't be filled completely with superstars.
Speaker 3: I think what the club's fear, and it's a genuine fear, is that they just can't compete. They know if P and G come hunting one of their guns, they just throw their hands up. Now, what can we do? The Raiders of table the one point one million dollar offer a year over three years for Hudson Young, it's three point three. They ain't going to cut it. That's the biggest offer in the history of Camber going back to nineteen eighty two. And they still know that if P and G want him, they'll probably get him.
Speaker 4: Let's see what clubs are also doing in that breath is that they're allowing players to talk before November one just to.
Speaker 3: Pang Yeah, so why do you think that's happening, Because they want to know if you're going to go, then we want to know. Now. We don't want to hang around to November one because we want our money to go and plan to sign him, him, upgrade him, and then that's how the money is going to be spent. But by waiting around in November one, it's a ticking time bomb which just waits to go off, and it goes boom on November one, and by then other players may well have potentially decided privately to move elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Well, at the end of the day, this was never going to work unless there was some advantage given to the chiefs. So fans can winge about it, complain about it, but it's the CEOs who signed the deal. Well, as much as I'm sure the teams that are currently in the top eight wish it was settled. There's still hope. There's a glimmer, the tiniest glimmer of hope for Manly fans. It's not going to happen, but the Bulldogs generally have a shot of making the top eight Bulldog I'll go to you. Is this top eight settled?
Speaker 3: Well, No, clearly it's not settled because of the state of the table in terms of points. I think the top eight now will be the top eight. I don't think the Doggies will get there or bet they can still so as far as I can see there one went outside of the eight on twenty six points and the two teams above them on twenty eight other Cowboys and South Sydney. So technically we've got three going into two, haven't we if we really want to peel it back and make it simplistic. So it's up to whether the Doggies can pick up two wins, which they have to do. You've written down there. For Tima they play the Panthers and the Broncos. So look, I think the Panthers can end the Bulldog's hopes and that would mean I guess going to the final round that the top eight hunt is finished.
Speaker 1: But for Tima you need to win some points a Bulldogs fans, so do you think they can make it?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 4: I need to win points the Bulldogs fans, I think all I think they can beat Brisbane in the final round. They showed they've got Penrith's money in round six. I think it was interestingly for Penrith with no Jack Coggo who's been suspended, Ivan Cleary now has to make a decision about whether Blaze to Lunge comes in or whether he goes with Jack Cole. And it was that game in round six that really exposed Blaze to Lunge's defensive issues. Like Galvin and Preston, who were really good on the weekend, That combination with Matt Burden being on that right side as well, really exposed him that It'd be interesting to see what decision their IBN makes. Look Canibury were good on the weekend. Penrith I think found a bit of their mojo back. I think they I called them ratherless without Asao last week. I think Nathan Cleary handled you know, being without Yo a lot better against Melbourne. I can't see them winning Penrith, beat beating Penrith, so I think that's what will hurt their chancest to the end.
Speaker 1: It's a super steep hill to climb. Except if this is why it's nerve racking right now for rabbit Os and Cowboys fans. If that there's one team that delivers and performs against the Panthers, It's the Bulldogs. And that's why Bulldogs fans won't give up hope because they know that this team. In fact, if there's a team SURROUNDO knows how to beat and how to play against, it's the Panthers. So it could be this is going to be so exciting, it could be agonizing, or it could we could be going into the last round still not knowing the top eight, which is always awesome.
Speaker 2: For the season.
Speaker 1: And now for our final segment of our weekly episode, fans bs Messages of the week. If you are pissed off, if something's got you wound up, if you've got a strong hot take, we want to hear it.
Speaker 2: We've got two here for team.
Speaker 1: We're going to throw this one to you from Scott from Kayama, Lovely place to live, tax free, P and G deals. Now about beating NRL clubs, the game is chasing money, not passion.
Speaker 4: A bit of yes and a bit of no on that one. I mean, is there more passionate face when it comes to Rugbilly than PNG?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there isn't. They absolutely love it. And you know, like Bulldog said, which player really deep down. Isn't chasing money?
Speaker 3: Eric, I don't understand the question. Is it the game is chasing money?
Speaker 4: What does the game is chasing money.
Speaker 2: About the investment?
Speaker 1: Like would you ever go to P and G unless the massive amounts of money were available from the government?
Speaker 3: Okay, No, I get what he's say. I guess. Look, there are some issues there that the players are going to have to confront, but it's all going to be smothered by rivers of gold.
Speaker 1: It's all about the money. Scott, Sorry, mate, bulldog, throw this one to you. This is a spicy one from Gus in Melbourne, one of the few fans down there. Okay, So Bellamy's empire crumbles as young guns fail to fill the boots of legends. Is the end of an era? Is this the end of an era? In Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Gus thinks so.
Speaker 3: No, Gus, I can't agree. From memory. They've got Jermaina, Sarco and Bronson Cherry going down there. A couple of handy boyers, particularly Osako has been absolutely outstanding this year. He'll take over from will Warlbrick, who's going back to the Warriors. But look, while they got their spine there, Harry Jerome cam and so far long ago back there, They'll always be competitive. They throw a few extra players in there. Look, is Melbourne's empire over in terms of winning premierships? Probably? But are they going to be successful next year? I think they will be. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's just a course. The rules this year really hampered. It took too long for Melbourne to adjust, and then the rules changed back. The key issue for Storm is that they just don't have the forwards right now. It all hinges on Stefano and when he's off, it's not that much to do with the spine they've been injured. I reckon that Melbourne are too great a club in Bellum is too good a coach to be written off. So Gus, we disagree mate. The empire is not crumbling. They've just had a rough season. I disagree with Bulldog. I think they still could win one, even though I hate the Storm. All Right, folks, thanks so much for joining in. We'll catch you next week, and don't forget this Fozball lives