Speaker 1: On scorn Leeds Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the readA Panety Show coming up tonight, A packed program. The Great Douglas Murray joins me shortly to discuss everything from Oprah and Jasinda Dern's seconding love into the Australian Left fawning over Greta Thunberg. Senator Drinda Cox accuses the Greens of being deeply racist and tolerating a culture of violence. The panel will be here to cover that and much more. We'll have the latest from the US as whole show, Donald Trump recording a huge surge in support from migrant voters, legal migrants, and left is losing. It features more than one Democrat lying about the riots, including this congress woman.
Speaker 2: Don't miss the part you are.
Speaker 4: Don't think that somehow because they called out the National Guard, there was valor, there was no violence.
Speaker 5: But first let's bring in the panel.
Speaker 3: Joining me now to this gus Today's headlines is Sky News contributor Primi Sween and research fellow at the Institute of Public Affairs Saxon Davidson.
Speaker 5: Let's start with the Greens.
Speaker 3: Their well former Green turned Labor senator during the Cox has accused the party of tolerating a culture that permits violence against First Nations women within its structures, and in her resignation letter, she also said that the party is deeply racist, while referring to an incident where she says she was assaulted at Perth Airport by a party member, which was ignored. Indeed, I was advised not to report it to police. And incidents involving my staff who were isolated by the state and other MP's officers pro.
Speaker 5: I'll start with you.
Speaker 3: This is a pretty serious allegations right here. Do the Greens have a problem with race? Are they a racist party?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't think so when you look at the makeup of the Greens. But this is one angry woman, isn't it. You know she's just going to get even as much as she can. I believe she approached Labor and joined them because she had a hissy fit because she wasn't voted Green leader. She thought that the Grass was going to be greener with Labor. But of course, prior to that, when she'd left Labor to join the Greens, she found them really patronizing towards women and indigenous people.
Speaker 2: So now of course.
Speaker 6: She's back, and I think she'll fit really well into labor because she's a mean girl.
Speaker 5: And it's full of mean girls.
Speaker 6: But to be making these accusations she's a political opportunitist.
Speaker 5: Well Saxon.
Speaker 3: If she has been a victim of violence or that incident at Perth Airport where she said she was assaulted, I think it's really quite important that she takes action, whether she lodges a formal complaint with the party or with police. I know she says she was told not to at the time, but she's no longer a member of the Greens and you would think it would be the responsible thing to do to report this matter.
Speaker 7: It's absolutely the responsible thing to do that if you've been assaulted, as Senator Derindacox has alleged, that you report it to the police. It's the natural thing to do and the right thing to do. But I just wanted to add to this whole thing is that the Greens are the party that represents the most extreme version of wokness, the most extreme version of identity politics, and it is the natural consequence of all these ideas put into one that they're going to turn into each other because all of their policies pit everybody against each other. That is the natural consequence of this extreme form of wokeness that they all represent. And so of course the party members are going to go after one another because they've been trying to piece Australians and the general public of Australians again each other.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I find that those who are obsessed with race and racial issues often do find themselves on the wrong side of these issues because they see everything through that filter of racial politics. Now, US Secretary of State Mark or Arubio has unleashed on a number of nations, including Australia, for placing sanctions on two senior Israeli ministers, the National Security Minister and the Finance Minister. Ribio said in a statement that these sanctions do not advance US led efforts to cheap a cease fire, bring all hostages home, and end the war, and that the United States urges the reversal of the sanctions and stands shoulder to shoulder with Israel.
Speaker 5: Here's what Australia is.
Speaker 3: A Foreign Minister, Penny Wong had to say about this matter.
Speaker 8: Australia has applied targeted financial sanctions and travel bands to two senior ministers in the Israeli government it Ministers Bengevie and Smotrich, for their role in serious human rights violations and abuses relating to Israeli settler violence in the West Bank. We have applied those measures in coordination with Canada, New Zealand, Norway and the United Kingdom, and together these countries are sending a message you have ignored the international community and we do not tolerate it.
Speaker 3: Saxon, what is this action by Australia and a bunch of other countries, UK, Canada, Norway, New Zealand.
Speaker 5: What's it likely to achieve.
Speaker 7: It's probably going to worsen the massive anti Semitism crisis that we have here in Australia that we've witnessed ever since October seventh and twenty twenty three. I mean, other than that, I don't see any point why we should involve ourselves in a conflict in the Middle East, particularly, and also we should not be undermining the only liberal democracy in the Middle East in a war against terrorism. I don't think this is will achieved months much in the broader global politic, but it will certainly found the flames of anti sensus.
Speaker 3: Well, certainly upset the Americans prove. I mean, that is not a good situation. Right before the PM is due to meet with President Trump. To have the US condemning our action, you really have got to wonder what we are thinking.
Speaker 6: It's going to be quite an uncomfortable meeting. I think for alban easy with Trump because we're out of step with them in so many ways. But this in particular, this government hasn't got a mandate. They didn't go to the voters and say that this is what they're going to do to Israel.
Speaker 2: How dare they?
Speaker 6: And it's so extraordinary that we have this situation where we have a democracy, the only democracy that in the Middle East, that is being attacked and sanctioned by so.
Speaker 2: You know the rest of US.
Speaker 5: And it's appalling what's going on.
Speaker 6: What about the misdirection of your anks to ham us the terrorists, That's what you sho should be doing. And the fact that Albanize is going to be, you know, coming cap in hand to Trump about the tariffs and the trade. Plus of course he's got to somehow's you know, defend his lack of spending on defense and now this it's going to be a very uncomfortable meeting.
Speaker 5: It's not making it easy for himself.
Speaker 3: Now, before you go to go, I need to get your take on the project being no more. It's been revealed now that nearly one hundred jobs will be impacted by Channel ten's decision to acts. It's a flagship current carent affairs program. It's been on air sixteen years. There were reportedly proof tears in the newsroom as a Channel ten president Beverly mcgavey address staffed and told them that the lefty talkfest shouldn't call it that.
Speaker 5: That's my term.
Speaker 3: She said, it just doesn't stack up any longer. She also said it's a click baity show and you guys had to live through that. But I think more than anything, there's a lot to be proud of, and we're really proud of the show, and we're really sad this day had to come, and it's just a reality that it did well. I don't know how sad she is. Those comments are a little bit all over the place. Proue are you going to miss the project? And know some people like hate watching.
Speaker 6: It, Well, frankly, I've never I can't stand it. I would never watch it because a bunch of poor community medians trying to be funny about, you know, woke things just doesn't cut it. And the writing's been on the wall for that show. It's been on borrowed time for so long because the ratings have been so pathetic and they've been out of sync. That and Q and A I will be dancing on their graves. I'm very sad for the people who've lost their jobs, the people behind the news, the cameras, But otherwise, good riddance.
Speaker 5: Saxon.
Speaker 3: You're a millennial, You're the target demographic for this program.
Speaker 5: Will you miss it?
Speaker 3: Have you been hate watching it or in fact admiring it?
Speaker 5: No, I will not miss it.
Speaker 7: And this whole thing really I mean, if a tree falls in the forest and no one sees, it didn't really happen. It's the same with Q and A. As Pruce said, this isn't going to really change the media diet of many Australians. I'm surprised it's survived for sixteen years. Considering that, I mean, the ratings have been suffering ever since or twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, it's almost a decade ago. Now, I'm really surprised it has lasted this long and I don't think this will meaningfully change any Australian's life.
Speaker 5: Well no, but it will.
Speaker 3: You know, we have enjoyed the content occasionally because it does give me a little bit of a little bit of content to play with for Lefties Losing It and other related segments.
Speaker 5: But you know, I'm getting no love for the program.
Speaker 3: This is now the second night where I've had just a panel who refused to have watched this program. How can this be sixteen years? It's one logis Saxon Davidson.
Speaker 5: From McSween thank you for your time tonight, joining.
Speaker 3: Me now is one of the finest thinkers of his generation, an author of best selling works, including his latest on democracies and death cults.
Speaker 5: Douglas Murray.
Speaker 3: There's a new author who hopes to be an international best seller to She has a book called A Different Kind of Power, and she's got oprah sprooking it.
Speaker 2: The different kind of power is kindness.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, It's all those things that you think are weaknesses or a taught a weaknesses.
Speaker 6: Empathy, sensitivity, self doubt and humility.
Speaker 2: That powerful.
Speaker 3: Douglas, you've called Lisinda Adirn, the Queen of performative.
Speaker 5: Caring in the past.
Speaker 3: Did she exercise what she preaches when she was Prime Minister of New Zealand.
Speaker 1: Well, very much not.
Speaker 9: And it's so bewildering that clip with Oprah because Jasindra Arden says all the things we're taught the weaknesses like empathy. I'm sorry, as I know in the education systems across Western countries it's nothing but empathy. Most of politics, the media and education is all that we should all be as empathetic as possible and we have to understand other people, and we're not taught that that's a weakness. If anything, everyone is overstuffed with the idea that it's the single greatest virtue and as just into our edit, shwe and demonstrated I when she was premier. The fact is that it doesn't get you very far, certainly doesn't get you everywhere. Simply being somebody who says they feel empathy or speaking in a sort of broken husky voice, sounds like it's going to crack with emotion at any moment because you're just so overwhelmed with empathy. Can actually do some pretty mean and unpleasant things to people, like going through the harshest lockdowns of I think any country outside of the communist world during the COVID pandemic, it's quite extraordinary. And also from somebody who says that things like self doubt taught as sort of things that are problems. Again, no, I mean I wish Cindra Aden had had more self doubt. She said on the recent book tour that she think she wasn't sort of suited to be Prime minister. I wish she'd have that self doubt a few years ago, because she could have saved her countrymen an awful lot of heartache.
Speaker 3: She could have had all that sensitivity and empathy was missing when she was even preventing doug pregnant New Zealand women from returning home. There was a case I covered at the time of a woman who had to reach out to the Taliban for help because she was in Afghanistan because New Zealand would not permit her to return to give birth to her child.
Speaker 5: But while we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about performative caring, Greta Thunberg has been deported from Israel in economy class the humanity or dear and Douglas. President Donald Trump wants her to consider anger management classes.
Speaker 10: She's a strange person. She's a young, angry person. I don't know if it's real anger. It's hard to believe, actually, but I saw what happened anger management. I think she has to go to an anger management class. That's my primary recommendation for her.
Speaker 3: But Greta remains a heroine too many, including to this far left activist in Australia. She's an influencer who recently Douglas gave an address at the National Press.
Speaker 11: Club raising awareness, drawing attention to, and growing media coverage for this genocide that Israel is perpetraarying against Palestinians is not Instagram activism or social media selfies. Let's talk about the fact that raising awareness is not weakness and that's not performative.
Speaker 5: Douglas, what's your response to that? Is that heroism?
Speaker 3: Is she using her privilege for good as that activist claims.
Speaker 9: Well, first of all, I've never been a fan of Greta Thunberg. I wasn't a fan of hers, even when she was effectively created as a construct to make people make it masic. It impossible to oppose her because you remember, she was a school truned from Sweden, and not only was she a child, but she was also was she autistic or something so you couldn't criticize her or everyone said, why are you beating up on the autistic girl child who simply wants to wreck all of our economies? And like, why would you, why would you say anything negative about her? And of course it was just it was a total political stunt. She's clearly just sort of created in more than one ways by her parents to sort of be this weapon against fossil fuels and so on. I mean, she knew nothing about that. She knew nothing about energy costs or fossil fuel extraction or anything else. I mean, she just left school early to be demonstrably even more ignorant than she would have been. And then through some weird part of her autism, perhaps she moved from loving the green movement to loving the green movement of Hamas and so often said, she's color consistent at any rate, they talk about a genocide which is not going on. But as we now know from this, yes obviously performative piece of activism where they turned up with a boat full of Instagrammers and less aid than Israel gets in every other hour in normal times. This performative thing of trying to land in Gaza. I mean, in a way I was sorry that she didn't land, because it would have been interesting to see the welcome that Hamaz might have given her. But of course, what we know about Greta Funberg and this is her unbelievable ignorance of the conflict that she was actually trying to sail into this time. The reports are that when the Israelis board of the ship took them safely to port in I think an ash DoD, and they were trying to show the activists the footage that Hamas took themselves on October seventh of their enormous pride in earth raping and butchering as ready women and others, and Greta Thunberg and co. Apparently turned their faces away because they didn't want to see the reality that started this war. Certainly this phase of the wall, they didn't want to see it. So once again, these people are about raising awareness and someone they will literally turn their faces away from reality if it doesn't fit their bigoted, blinkered picture an idea of it.
Speaker 3: And she was asked about that once she got off the plane Douglas and she I think referred to the footage as propaganda and she wasn't going to watch that propaganda. It really is quite incredible because, as you know, you've seen that footage.
Speaker 5: I've seen that footage.
Speaker 3: It comes mainly from her mass they're the ones who filmed it, and it's the work they're very proud of. So for her not to even have a look at what started this war just shows you where she's at. Let's go to the La riots. We've seen incredible scenes of violence and destruction, lootying, arson, police officers being attacked, and curiously, or perhaps not curiously, we've seen the Mexican flag flying high through a lot of these protests, whilst the American flag has been burnt, it's been spat on, it's been stomped on. Here is one protester explaining why he's desecrating the American flag.
Speaker 2: I'm dragging them because they're dragging us. Immigrants built this city. There's no denying that, and when they're trying to take that out, it's not okay.
Speaker 5: It's just not okay, Douglas.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump could not have hoped for a better ad for his immigration and his deportation policies then what we are seeing in La right now. Just the violence and destruction and lawlessness is I think just lending further weight to his policies.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: You know, if, funny enough, all of this ties up together, doesn't it reta? I mean the Democrat policy of sanctuary cities, where if people break into America illegally and then are in the these cities will act as sanctuaries for them have caused cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco to become even Slamia than they were in the lead up to this under massive amounts of Democrat rule. I mean up to twelve million people around that as a conservative estimate, broke illegally into the United States during the Biden administration, and the Trump administration has said that they want to prioritize deporting the more than half a million illegal migrants who have criminal records, and it was a raided to try to arrest criminals in Los Angeles that has led to this outburst of rioting, of attacks on American lease and others. And once again we see this odd thing in our time. The Democrats when they decided not to police the border and just to encourage people in, and to encourage people in that include criminals, and yes, include some people who want to be law abiding once they're in the United States, but are costing American taxpayers whilst they're being there by their presence, by Social Security that they sign up for, and much more. It's they still pretend that it's the empathetic good thing to do to encourage from the border onwards literal lawlessness, and that anyone, including federal agents who are trying to enforce the law, are the bad guys. I mean, this is upside down to a crazy extent, and your right reader, there couldn't be a better boost to what President Trump is actually trying to do, because he keeps saying these people who are coming include people who hate our country. And then the American public see people lauding the Mexican flag and Palestinian flags and all of the others of course, and literally burning the American flag, protecting foreign criminals, and assaulting American police officers. I don't doubt that in a small amount of the online left and fairly large numbers of people on the streets of LA they want to back the lawlessness and attack the police. But I think the American public, as they demonstrated last year when they voted Donald Trump back into office, have demonstrated that actually they do side with the police. The American public do side with law and order. They don't side with people who pretend that it's the police that provoke disorder rather than the rioters. They don't fall for this idea that innocent people are just expressing their fear about about ice or anything else, and that therefore they can't resist going and looting the local apple store in la I mean, it's so upside down all of this. And until we get past this era in which doing the wrong thing is celebrated and doing the right thing is condemned, we are going to continue to be in all of our countries in unbelievable trouble.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, before you go, I want to ask about the fantastic piece you had for this Spectator in recent days on Richard Hermer's campaign against Britain. That's the headline. Douglas is the Attorney General. He says he just wants to make the world a better place. Why do you say he has a campaign against Britain.
Speaker 9: Once again, somebody who just wants to make the world a better place. And in the case of the Attorney General of England and Wales has in doing so, consistently warred against his own country. He's getting cover from other lawyers about this, you say, oh, no, he just accidentally ended up as the lawyer for shin fein IRA's Jerry Adams. He just you know, it happened to be his turn to represent al Qaeda terrorists, after al Qaeda terrorists, Isis families and so on, as if it could have happened to anyone.
Speaker 1: But that wasn't the case.
Speaker 9: Hermer's campaign for years as a lawyer has picked up every sort of anti British person he could and represented them as hard as he could. It's again, it's it's so bewildering in so many of our countries that in the West that we have so many people in very powerful positions who are who are against the countries whose people they're meant to be supporting they're meant to be representing. I mean, I'm just amazed.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: I would like the British government to have the interests of the British people at heart, as I would like the Australian government to have the cares of the Australian people at heart, and the American government have the cares of the American people at heart. But again and again we have elected and in this case unelected representatives who just seem to have spent their career hating the country that they then want to represent. I don't know what we've done in all of our countries to deserve people at the top of our societies who are meant to be looking out for us, looking out for everyone apart from us.
Speaker 3: There's this self loathing that is so prevalent, isn't it. And in the political class, in the activist academic class, amongst celebrities, it's fairly dominant in the culture, and it's pretty disturbing. And I noticed the Attorney General recently compared the Tories and reformed to the Nazis, so he's as a great thinker as well.
Speaker 5: They're Douglas Murray. He has apologized for that.
Speaker 3: Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 1: Great pleasure as always.
Speaker 5: Still to karma lefties losing it.
Speaker 3: Plus Donald Trump records a huge surge and support from.
Speaker 5: Migrant at the left, and see that coming. Tinum McQueen has the lagers.
Speaker 3: You're watching the Rita Patty Show, and it's time for lefties losing it and the hopeless. LA Mayor has called for a curfew as a violence and destruction continues. But don't tell Maxine Waters that. No, the veteran Democrat congresswoman claims there's no violence.
Speaker 4: Even those who were out of step with what we're advocating.
Speaker 2: Peaceful protest did not create any violence. Nobody was shock, nobody was killed. Get it in your head. And so when.
Speaker 4: Martial law is called, what are you going to say? I missed the pont don't miss the point. You all don't think that somehow because they called out the National Guard there was vital There was no violence.
Speaker 2: I was on the street, I.
Speaker 4: Know, and I went from downtown Detention back out into the community talking to people. What happened in Paramount, what happened in come To, what happened in Inglewood. So first of all, get it straight and don't just rely on what you've been told.
Speaker 2: Are the few incidents that you start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no violence. You all are just believe Maxine Waters. Don't believe your lying eyes. Meanwhile, Nancy Pelosi is wondering whether all the violence and arson is the work of mysterious anarchists or is it just the exuberance of the moment.
Speaker 12: When there is a gathering, a large gathering of people, the anarchists see it as an opportunity and they move in. So always have to be careful whether you see a burned car or broken window or whatever it is. It may be the exuberance of the moment, but it may be the anarchist setting.
Speaker 5: In exuberance of the moment. Unbelievable. But the lines did not stop there from Nancy.
Speaker 3: She also said this earlier today, and what you're about to hear is the opposite of what actually happened on January sixth.
Speaker 5: You know, the only riot in.
Speaker 3: The past decade the Democrats haven't loved.
Speaker 12: On January sixth, with violence against the Constitution, against the Congress, and against the United States Capital. We begged the President of the United States to send in the National Guard. He would not do it. Not only would he not do it when law enforcement people were being harmed. Let some leader have died. Who will not send it in?
Speaker 3: Where does one start? No, Nancy did not request the National Guard. It was Donald Trump who urged their use. It was Nancy Pelosi, who was speaker then, who ignored that urging and ignored the desperate cause of the Capitol police chief who wanted back up, and of course no cops were killed on January sixth, or because of January sixth.
Speaker 5: All these people do is lie and.
Speaker 3: These protests, these it's are spreading to other Democrat strongholds like New York, Chicago, San Francisco. Let's see this interaction in New York and doesn't this sum up the anti Trump left. Watch these two white protesters mock a black woman who just wants to go to work to feed her kids.
Speaker 2: I can't know, you could just know.
Speaker 5: How is it the people.
Speaker 3: Not only do they ignore her please and lecture her that this is peace as they block the roads, they then laugh at her for wanting to go to work.
Speaker 8: An white people feel about starting a black woman from going to.
Speaker 13: Work, Oh no, not worse.
Speaker 8: So you don't care about starting black people from going to work.
Speaker 3: And this is what immigrant voters really think about Donald Trump immigration and deportation policy.
Speaker 14: Take it away CNN, Immigrant citizens, immigrant voters, foreign born voters have gone tremendously to the right on this issue in twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five versus where they were in twenty twenty closest to or trust more in immigration.
Speaker 2: You go back to twenty twenty.
Speaker 14: Democrats get this, held a thirty two point lead on this issue. Immigrant voters were in the Democratic camp. Jump forward to twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five. Look at that shift, a forty point shift to the right among immigrant voters. Republicans now lead on this issue by eight points over Democrats, more so than any other group that I could find. The group of voters who became more hawkish on immigration were in fact immigrants themselves, immigrants who were registered to vote in this country.
Speaker 3: And those immigrant voters are becoming increasingly pro Trump. Despite the NonStop lies and hysteria from the media painting Trump of some sort of racist.
Speaker 14: There is no block voters that shifted more to the rate from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four than immigrant voters, and Donald Trump, at least in some surveys, actually won that vote. On average, it's about equal.
Speaker 2: So there may be all this.
Speaker 14: Stuff right about undocumented immigrants and Trump being harsh on them, but immigrant voters themselves have increasingly liked Donald Trump and have increasingly moved to the right on immigration into the Republican camp.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Sky News contributor Tina McQueen. Tina, no group of voters has more strongly moved into the Trump camp than immigrants, legal immigrants, and that's something that would blow the mind of the average political pundit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 15: Look, most of these legal immigrants have left countries where they're fearful of gangs of you know, turmoil, So they're very protective of their status in America and are very reluctant and do not want these violent thugs, illegal thugs from other countries entering at all.
Speaker 3: And one of the reasons for Trump having such strong backing on this issue from immigrants is that their view of illegal immigrants has changed markedly, really shifted dramatically in a few years.
Speaker 16: Let's have a look at that data, how immigrant citizens voters feel about people in the country illegally.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and this is where it all kind of comes together, Cape Paul. When look at this the net favorable rating immigrants who are here illegally among immigrants citizens again, those registered to vote in twenty twenty, look at this plus twenty three points on the net favorable rating.
Speaker 2: But look at where we were in.
Speaker 14: Twenty twenty four minus six points underwater. So immigrant citizens have become increasingly unfavorable in their views of those immigrants who are here illegally.
Speaker 2: So I think it's so important when we're.
Speaker 14: Talking about this debate from a political angle, to separate those out who are undocumented immigrants versus those who are here legally and those who are citizens and those who are voters.
Speaker 3: And Tina think a lot of legal immigrants are seek of being compared to illegal immigrants, having the issue conflated as if the term immigrant covers both groups when it doesn't, and a lot of people on the left, a lot of the so called liberals in America make that mistake consistently now. Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, claimed today that Donald Trump has not called him, not even left a voicemail.
Speaker 5: He also said.
Speaker 3: Americans should be alarmed that a president deploying marines onto our streets doesn't even know who he's talking to. That's what newsm claimed that prompted Donald Trump to show the receipts.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 16: The first call the Gavin Newsom was not picked up. The second call Gavin picked up. We spoke for sixteen minutes I told him to essentially quote, and this is quoting the president, get his ass and gear and stop the riots which were out of control. More than anything else, this shows what a liar he is. Said, I never called. So here is the evidence, and here is the call log that the President sent me from his phone. This was Dune the seventh.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's so much to unpack there, but let's start off with how does the governor forget a sixteen minute phone call with the president?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 15: Look, he's got selective memory. It's just ridiculous. And what discussed me more about Gavin Newsom. He is such a liar today. I watched that speech that he tried to put out, but there were so many technical difficulties. He said that Trump was holding a military parade for his birthday on June the fourteenth. So deceptive. It's the US Army's two hundred and fiftieth birthday on June fifteenth. It's also flat day that has been celebrated since seventeen seventy seven. I can't believe that Newsom gets away with this. He's a deceptive liar trying to damage Trump. And this has to be called out consistently.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I think a lot of people see this as a big win for Gavin Neuism, that all the lefties and calor going to band around backing him and he'll again be the favorite to be the next Democrat presidential candidate. But I can't see how he is going to win holding these positions. He is just going radically left again. After showing signs of moderating now played earlier Maxine Waters Congresswoman Maxine Waters claiming that there is no violence or lawlesseners during these protests.
Speaker 4: Don't think that somehow because they called out the National.
Speaker 2: Guard there was violence. There was no validce. I was on the street.
Speaker 4: I know, get a street, and don't just rely on what you're being told. Are the few incidents that you saw there was no valid Of.
Speaker 3: Course, the footage of what's really happening has been a superpose behind her there. But what do you make of how the Democrats have responded to these rides. She's a veteran congresswoman and she not alone and trying to deny the violence and just standing with these rioters.
Speaker 15: Look, they're delusional, And I think going back to the Black Lives Matter movement and the George Floyd, I think they think it worked for them men, when there is such an anti Trump feelings, it's not working.
Speaker 5: Now people are waking up to it.
Speaker 15: They don't want violence in their cities and to be the normal American just looks at them and scratches their head. Then what are you going on about? Turn the television on, look at the vision. It's absolutely insane that they continue to say that these are peaceful protests. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Reader, Well, we know they're not peaceful because even the Democrat mayor of LA has now instituted a curfew, so they don't do that lightly. But she said that there's just so much violence and lawlessness, so many shops being looted, so much damage being done to.
Speaker 5: That she's had to take this action now to.
Speaker 15: Five days or sorry read, it's a shame it took her five days to instill that.
Speaker 3: But well, exactly because she was amongst the head in the sand cruz In claiming that, yeah, there was nothing to see here, and Donald Trump was overreacting, calling the National Guard in Now.
Speaker 5: President Trump announced earlier.
Speaker 3: Today that he will restore the names of Fort Robert E. Lee and six other military bases that honor Confederate War leaders for a.
Speaker 10: Little breaking news. We are also going to be restoring the names.
Speaker 17: To Fort Pickett, Fort Hood, Fort Gordon, Fort Brooker, Fort Polk, Fort ap Hill, and Fort Robert E.
Speaker 5: Lee.
Speaker 2: We won a lot of battles out of those forts. It's snooked time.
Speaker 3: Jange, Tina, Joe Biden renamed those bases honoring the Confederates. Back in twenty twenty three, the nation's largest base, brag was briefly known as Fort Liberty.
Speaker 5: But all that is over, Tina.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and I think, look, it's a great thing to do, as I said, particularly on the two hundred and fiftieth and birth of the US Army, to honor these legends that the military have a great respect for. And we're absolutely disgusted when Joe Biden did what he did and renamed them.
Speaker 3: Well, the military has really been boosted under Donald Trump, hasn't it. We've seen record recruitment numbers, we're hearing morale is high again, and there's just been such a dramatic shift in the culture of the place.
Speaker 15: There's now a great respect for the military, and you've got Pete Heskeith doing a fabulous job, and you know, people are proud now to join a four that they see is honorable and doing the right thing. And you know, you don't have to be some sort of DEI program to further your career in the army. They see as a legitimate career move. So it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: RETA. It's great to see.
Speaker 15: I wish it would happen in Australia quite.
Speaker 3: Frankly, absolutely return meritocracy to the military.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: There has been some disquiet from elements of the Trump base about the lack of arrests by the FBI, some criticism of cash Patel. Here is Cash Pateel, the FBI director, explaining what his team is finding and what they're doing.
Speaker 18: When I first got to the bureau, found a room that Comy and others hid from the world in the Hoover Building, full of documents and computer hard draves that no one had ever seen or heard of. Lock the key and hit access and just said, no one's ever going to find this place.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So my guys are going through that rate now, what's in there?
Speaker 2: A lot of stuff?
Speaker 18: I mean, that's the thing. People are like, well, okay, go arrest them, and I'm like, okay, well how about you let me run a methodical investigation.
Speaker 3: Ah, this is going to take time, Tina, And that's if they find.
Speaker 5: Evidence of criminality.
Speaker 3: You would think whoever's been guilty there has had plenty of time to destroy the evidence.
Speaker 5: They knew there was going to be a change in administration.
Speaker 3: Are we going to see those arrests that so many in the BASEA wanting to see?
Speaker 15: Look, I think you will, but as you said, it takes time. And it's great to see such transparency and such honesty from the government, but it will take time. But I think, yeah, Cash Betel, he's not going to muck around readA, not at all.
Speaker 5: No, No, I don't think you will.
Speaker 3: Before you go, I've played examples of the American media doing its best to paint these violent protests as mostly peaceful, just like they did with BLM and Antifa. They're blaming the administration for the violence that's happening. And one man who would ordinarily be doing that, but he's not at the moment, Tina, because he's been suspended by his employer. That's ABC's Terry Moran. He was suspended after this bizarre tirade against President Trump and Steven Miller.
Speaker 5: Part of it I'll just read you a little bit of it, because it went on for some time.
Speaker 3: He said, it's not brains, it's bile. Miller is a man who is richly endowed with a capacity for hatred. He's a world class hater. And he also said you can see this just by looking at him, because you can see that his hatreds are his spiritual nourishment. He eats his hate. I mean, the whole thing was crazy. And now there's reports coming out of the ABC that his colleagues, at least some of them who are talking to the New York Posts, are saying they want to see him sack. They don't want to just see his suspension because it makes all of them look terrible.
Speaker 15: Well not an that it's costs ABC millions of dollars, So presenters are now going to tread more carefully regarding Trump. They don't want to cost their jobs and television stations any more any more money. But yeah, I think they are calling for you sack, and hopefully he will be sack and tautal lesson.
Speaker 3: And it was only a few weeks ago that he got a one on one interview with Donald Trumps and how quickly things changed Tina McQueen, Thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 5: Thanks reata still to come.
Speaker 3: An Australian Ivy League student blows the lid on the culture of censorship at Harvard.
Speaker 5: David Hogan joins me next. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is an Australian Ivy League student who has experienced first hand the climate of hostility and censorship at Harvard University, where he's studying for his master's degree. David Hogan, Welcome to the program. David, what do you make of these accusations? We keep hearing of anti semitism at Harvard and even coordination with the Chinese Communist Party at the university. The Trump administration is certainly at war with the university. What has been your on campus experience?
Speaker 1: So thanks for having me read.
Speaker 13: Obviously, these are very serious allegations and serious issues that I think all people can come and agree that it shouldn't be happening in terms of anti Semitism and any other accusations. I've personally had a fantastic experience. I've always wanted to attend Harvard and I've had a great time with great academics, and luckily I did miss most of the protests in terms of guys that have happened more immediately after October seventh than also last year.
Speaker 1: But overall I've had a great time.
Speaker 13: But as others have mentioned before, our free speech is still something that I've encountered and had slightly on campus, and that something that I think these actions from the administration are correct and taking on.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we do know that treatment of Jews has been fairly horrendous at Harvard, particularly since October seven.
Speaker 5: You mentioned free speech, What are your concerns with that?
Speaker 3: Are you concerned about how people with conservative views are treated?
Speaker 1: That's definitely the point that I'm referring to.
Speaker 13: So I think, like many universities across the West, Harvard and others in the US in terms of the IP League.
Speaker 1: Do at times have an environment where it isn't.
Speaker 13: Always entirely accepted or looked upon favorably for people to have conservative viewpoints. I have a lot of friends and a lot of fellow students that often aren't comfortable to express viewpoints given that they are shot down often rapidly and can impact people's academic performance. So it's something that I think really needs to be sorted out broadly across the West, not only at Harvard, but this is something that is so crucial to the continuation of our civilization and the continuing excellence of our academic institutions. People should be able to speak freely, particularly with conservative views, which we know, say, for example, in the US, were the majority of the last election. So I think this is something that people really need to be able to feel comfortable enough, and that comes not only from their fellow students acting respectfully, but also from having academics and professors that are open to these views won't look to shut.
Speaker 1: Them down and penalize them as soon as they're.
Speaker 3: Express Well, it seems incredible that mainstream views and you said, you know, we've just had an election and Trump one in the landslide. But if you express those views that are held by the mainstream, you can find yourself on the outer or at a university like Harvard. Do conservatives self censor they or do they speak freely and risk having their mark affected or having hostility from the other students.
Speaker 13: I'd say yes, certainly. It's something that people are very aware of. We obviously are prioritizing getting through our degree and getting through it as smoothly and efficiently as possible in terms of academic performance. So people definitely do self censor in the sense of not fully expressing their views at times in order to try and appease the markers and fellow classmates.
Speaker 1: At times.
Speaker 13: I've had an instance where I was told that it was better for me not to express conservative views, would have a specific professor just given that they had quite an opposite world view to mind at times, and that would just be easier for the class and for my academic performance in terms of that, well, those explicit instances might be rare. There is typically a general feeling that it's better just to keep those use to yourself and keep them for the pub after class. But as I said, I think this is something that's happening across the West, it's happening back in Australia unfortunately as well, and it's something that again I think our broader education system needs to deal with, and really I think it's an existential thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's definitely happening right here in Australia and have plenty of students who self censor, who put things down in assignments to appease their lecturers, who obviously are very left, so they know they've got to get a better mark if they regurgitate those views back to the lecturers. Tell me about that example you just mentioned. Did you end up self censoring there or not expressing yourself freely to make sure you didn't fall out of the lecturer?
Speaker 13: Well, I did, Excuse me, I did in that instance, just I wanted to get through the class and I suppose it's about picking a battles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did have to in.
Speaker 13: That instance, and I thought I'd be doing my classmates a favor if I wasn't pulling up there like through every time they said something.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I think a lot that's happening a great deal, which is such a shame because university should be exposed to diverse views and really be able to engage in some critical thinking. Now, right now, you may be in a bit of limbo, along with about one hundred other Australian students caught up in Donald Trump's decision to revoke Harvard's Student and Exchange Visitor Program certification. Do you expect to finish your degree at Harvard? We've had the US Secretary of Education Linda McMahon just saying recently she needs Harvard to show that they are serious about combating anti semitism and to better screen foreign students. Do you expect to finish your degree at Harvard?
Speaker 1: I definitely do. I'm on track to finish at the end of August.
Speaker 13: I've finished by exams, and now in the next few weeks I've got a practical internship compon. My understanding is that a lot of the provisions and a lot of the talk from the administration at the moment is particularly centered upon incoming students for becoming in August later this year. So in terms of current students and people like myself that are finishing off their degree at the moment, let's.
Speaker 3: Hope that is the case, because we'd like you to see you finish. But I think the policy to better screen foreign students is one that is fairly popular with the Trump base, so I think they're going to stick to that. David Hogan, thank you so much for your time tonight, Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 5: And that's it from me. Up next is News Night.
Speaker 3: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow night.