Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moroar.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Coming up tonight, Prime Minister Anthony Albanezi to finally meet with President Trump, and Alish Nielsen is here with an exclusive preview plus Trump friends to drop the hammer on Hamas, But will he send in the Marines? And who's responsible for the government shutdown? Finally a Democrat speaks the truth. But first, it has been a massive week. But I don't want to look back on what's just happened. Instead, I want to open a window into the future, the future of the Democrat Party, which is gearing up for a generational civil war as a breed of new, slick, social media savvy, young and very hard left politicians push to elbow out the oldies and aim to get a play on the twenty twenty eight Yes, twenty twenty eight, We're almost there ticket. Now their targets aren't just the old guard you know, the Pelosis, the Bidens, the Clintons. Instead, they are targeting people like Gavin Newsom and Kamala Harris, Yes Kamala Harris, who think twenty twenty eight is their time and that these young whipper snappers have to wait their turn. I mean when it comes to Kamala Harris, I know, don't laugh about this. It's serious. She is not letting this thing die, even saying this about her presidential campaign last time, which may be the most singularly audacious thing she has ever said while she was there promoting her new book one hundred and seven Days.
Speaker 1: That is decent. But that is a decent resume. But go ahead there.
Speaker 3: Well, some people have actually said I was the most qualified candidate ever to run for president.
Speaker 1: I like you, I like this. Some people say, very nice, but go ahead. I'm just speaking fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, under delusional. There is a picture of that interview. But you know what, guess what, I think she's still going to do it. There's going to be an effort to put her up, even though most of the old guard will wind up falling behind another candidate, California Governor Gavin Newsom. And I'll tell you what. As bad as he is, just think about what he did to California and imagine that happening nationwide. Well, I don't think this rising generation of radical young Democrats or democratic socialists as they call themselves, are going to wait their turn. And not only that, I think they're also far worse because these are not idealistic young liberals like say John F. Kennedy committed to America and the capitalist system, but instead they're determined to overthrow it. They are outgrowths of the legendary squad, and they include radicals like New York mayoral candidate and radical socialist Zoron mom Donnie, who has been forced to back away from his anti police rhetoric, but even twenty four hours ago couldn't bring himself to say that Hamas should disarm.
Speaker 4: Do you believe that Hamas should lay down their weapons and leave the leadership in gaza?
Speaker 5: I believe that any future here in New York City is one that we have to make sure that's affordable for all, and as it pertains to Israel and palestein that we have to ensure that there is peace, and that is the future that we have to fight for.
Speaker 2: Well, an absolute gold star to Zoron's media trainer there, I mean, how well was that answered? But there is another candidate as well from this younger generation waiting in the wings, who not only ticks all the identity boxes, but is also even more bonkers than Kamala Harris. I speak, of course, of Alexandria Ocasio Cortes, leader of that aforementioned squad. And what's important to note is that she both talks a lot of lefty rubbish but has also grown increasingly powerful within the Democrat Party. She's played a very good game getting very close to power. And she was in a fine form in a CNN town hall on the government shutdown Thursday, where she and Bernie Sanders were given essentially a free kick to dump on Republicans. Now, some of it was pretty wildly entertaining, and just goofy, I mean, get a load of her talking about big corporations and environmental pollution.
Speaker 4: Here, rivers in rural areas were on fire because of corporations poisoning the people who lived in those areas, poor middle class communities getting poisoned and dumped on by corporations like Deloitte.
Speaker 2: Deloitte, last time I checked, there were an accounting firm that just got in a heap of trouble with the Australian government over a bogus report they handed in generated by AI. But speaking of pollution, here's what she is describing when she talks about a clean environment.
Speaker 4: Instead of talking about having air that's drinkable.
Speaker 2: Ah, that sweet, refreshing, thirst quenching air. Oh. And she also declared war on Republican boys.
Speaker 4: And they are able to radicalize and target and exploit a generation of young boys in particular away from healthy masculinity and into an insecure masculinity that requires the domination of others who are poorer, browner, darker, or a different gender than them.
Speaker 2: Now you see what's going on here. Of course, only liberals can express a healthy masculinity. And if you like in border secure, well you're mentally ill and probably racist to boot. But put away that goofiness. And it is quite clear to me that AOC is trying to position yourself as the de facto leader of the Democrat Party laying down the law here in this next clip about what has to happen to end the shutdown.
Speaker 4: If I were Mike Johnson, you should be in that office negotiating with a keen Jeffries every damn day until we reopen this government. And any day that you don't do that is a failure. It is a failure. And until there is accountability for people who refuse to work to work, then we're going to continue to be in this cycle. So you know, in the Senate, the Senate majority leader is John Fund. He should be negotiating with Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 2: I yes, Chuck Schumer, the Senate Democrat leader, also from AOC's state of New York, who famously doesn't know how a barbecue work. But I'm glad she mentioned Schumer because Schumer is another one of those oldies. The young Democrats socialists want to get out of the way. And there's a lot of talk right now that AOC might try to challenge Schumer for his Senate seat, giving her a launching pad to hire office, just in the same way JFK moved into the Senate from the House and then onto the White House, a past similar as well to his Vice President Lyndon Mainz Johnson. And it was telling how both AOC and Bernie blew up when the host of this town hall suggested that AOC might challenge Schumer.
Speaker 4: But are you saying that Senator Schumer should not be worried about a primary challenge from you?
Speaker 2: I mean no, let me jump in on this.
Speaker 6: Talking about I have a country that is falling apart.
Speaker 7: We got a house housing crisis, a healthcare crisis and education crisis, massive income and wealth inequality, a corrupt campaign finances, and the media says, well, you could run what are gonna run for? Nobody caresbody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what. That's not a no, is it? Look? I reckon moves are already a foot, and she might not even wait so long as to do that challenge. Shreer's term isn't up until twenty twenty eight. The Democrat field to run against Donald Trump's successor is looking fairly unimpressive. Let's just say, and just waite, I bet we see a white guy Greeney California Democrat in Gavin Newsom heading up that twenty twenty eight ticket, and I would not be surprised to see AOC rounded out as the Hispanic female hard left progressive on the undercard. But all that speculation aside. What we are seeing now is something much bigger, hard left young Democrats, socialists, Mom, Donnie AOC, plenty of others who are trying to steer the Democrats hard to the left believing and this is their logic here. They believe that by mirroring Donald Trump's surge to the nationalist populist right, they will be able to find the same sort of success by going to a radical populist left. And that's so much of what the economics of people like AOC and Mom Donnie are about, to say nothing of their social policies and what God help us they might do about American foreign policy. Well, personally, I think this is all terribly dangerous. I mean, God forbid they ever get into power. But I also think this is the wrong track for the Democrats because as much as he's characterized as being a hard right radical, so much of what Trump believes in, you know, strong borders, no boys and girls changing rooms, cracking down on violent street crime in cities, well this is what most normal people believe in, too, what people like AOC believe in hard left democrats. Socialism isn't going to get too many takers outside New York. And as I always tell my Democrat friends and everybody who watches this program, rule number one of winning elections is simple three words. Just be normal. But for some reason, the Democrats have lost that art, and they don't seem to be on the way to regaining it anytime soon. Well, joining me now, is Sky News is Washington correspondent Analyst Nielsen Analyst, Thanks for joining me, Welcome back to the US Report. First of all, I got to talk about this meeting that Prime Anthony Albanizi is going to finally have in the Oval Office next week. We have been waiting for months and months and months for this encounter to take place. What's going to happen?
Speaker 8: Look, I think it will be a bit of a checkbox meeting for the American side, at least, I know that they've been feeling under pressure for a while because the Australians have been very kind of upset at being so far down the list. Look, Anthony Alberanezi, he's just not someone who has a lot of leverage, influence, kind of identity within Trump worlds. But also we're just not actually in harm's way either. We're not getting the worst of the tariffs. We've got the lowest level that the US is giving anyone in the world. It seems like UCAST is going to go pretty well, and so it seems like we're just kind of not a priority. And I know that we've had it really good for a long time. We had such a star role in the Trump administration when so many countries weren't dealing with him, and then we got the extra visit to the White House because Biden bailed on the Quad meeting and we wasted millions of dollars for a meeting that never happened. So I think there's that kind of managing that expectation as well. But you know, you just never know with Donald Trump. He could be in a really bad mood that day, or if Albinizi says something that's considered talking down to him or kind of making a joke of him, I can imagine it will turn very quickly.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister has to walk sort of a fine line with Trump here because on the one hand he has to look at like he's your standing up for Australia's interests, but on the other hand he can't look too obsequious otherwise he'll annoy his labor based back home.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and look, I mean, if Kirstarma can come and do the whole dance, don't there's no reason Australia can't do the same thing. Just be deferential. It's our biggest ally. Frankly, it's been pretty good for Australia, our relationship and Honestly, I'm hoping they've done something like I think they should have just gone down to the Perth mint get a gold submarine, write Uss Trump on it, show up with that. It'll be in the Oval office for four years. He'll love it and we'll be in the good books. And so I think it'll be not coming in trying to election them on anything. It would be also my biggest yeah recommendation. If anyone cares about my opinion, well.
Speaker 2: No, I think Look, I think your counsel is very wise here, but you know, behind the scenes diplomatically, of course, we had a much different ambassador during the first term of the Trump administration than we do now. I've heard concerns that Kevin Rudd has not managed this relationship to the degree that it could have been. In fact, that the Trump administration has been not thrilled with what they've gotten out of him, despite you know, the other positive indicators that we've had. Can you let any insight on that.
Speaker 8: Look, from what I can tell, I don't think he's really tried. I think what he's done is really try and target Treasury, Commerce, State Department, and I think he's just known it's a bit of a wash trying to fit in with Trump world when they're just so opposite, and he's a policy wong, he's left wing. The one thing he has is being very anti China. But also just anyone who googles him knows exactly what he said about Trump, and it's just not something you can run away from. And the difference in that, I know everyone says, oh, but so and so said something critical about Trump, and what about Jade event they admitted they were wrong, and so Drud's never done that, and so it's one thing to say, yeah, sure, he's representing our interests. Why would they be thrilled to deal with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Well, we'll see just how Kevin Rudd shakes out of all of this down the road. But let's also go watch some other foreign policy news who we've had a call with President Putin. Between President Putin of Russia and the US President Donald Trump had this to say a little while ago.
Speaker 9: I would say it within two weeks or so, pretty quick. Marco Rubio is going to be meeting with his counterpartner, as you know, Labrov, and they'll be meeting pretty soon. They're going to set up a time and a place very shortly. Maybe it's already set up, they've already spoken. And I thought it was a very good phone call. I thought very productive. But I'll be meeting with President Putin and we'll make a determination.
Speaker 2: So he's got a meeting with Vledimer Zelensky of Ukraine tomorrow. We've got a Trump Putin meeting in a couple of weeks. Here is he trying to knock together some sort of solution to the Ukraine Russia war here in the same way that he's done in the last several weeks between Hamas and Israel.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, he wants this done. And he said it time and again. He's solved seven out of the eight conflicts. He likes being the peacemaker. He likes having the world influence. And I know it's been such a thing for so many years about oh the neocons, they want to be world police, and so isolationists. Americans like being the world police when they win. They like getting it right, and they have been getting it right. So he wants to continue that. And he gets to say that it was all started under Biden. It wouldn't have happened if he was in the White House. That's I mean, I think there is some truth to that. He's so unpredictable on a world stage. You don't know when he's going to drop a bunker buster on Iran, so you don't mess around. And I think he knows that. Similarly, by watching what happened in Israel with Hamas of them just being worn down, he knows that Putin's getting worn down as well. And so when he's making those jokes about well, maybe I will give a couple of thousand tomahawks to Zelenski, you don't know if he's joking or on. And Putin doesn't know if he's joking on on. So that's how he's wielding his influence. And he wants to bring this to an end. He's embarrassed that he said it was going to be solved on day one because he thought he had a relationship with Putin that hasn't happened. And I think he's got a chip on his shoulder about that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean, look, it's amazing that a guy who learned a transactional backed up by force negotiating style that that's worked so well in the Middle East. Who would have predicted that? But just you know, staying with the Middle East just for a minute. There's been the prospect now raised of American marines potentially even going into Gaza to somehow keep the peace. You know, you say that Americans like to be the world policeman, But did people sign up necessarily for keeping peace in Gaza when they voted for Trump? Here is there's going to be a bit of blowback on that idea because I know there's concerns about that relationship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think no Americans want to see any more Americans die in any conflict zones that aren't directly defending America, and so that would be very toxic. I think if Trump ever sends marines into Gaza, we will never find out about it. It will be so discreet. They'll be disguised as something else, probably for some kind of other Arab ally we will never find out about it. They certainly wouldn't do it publicly. And I mean, people forget that we have had attacks on US baces during this war. And also don't forget one of the biggest casualty events was Biden building that two hundred and thirty million dollar pontoon that sunk after twenty days. People forget a serviceman diet after the injuries he sustained in that and it achieved nothing. It was supposed to bring all this aid into Gaza and it didn't happen. So when you just I bring that up because it shows how invested America has been in this for so long and how hard they've found this until Trump's come in and reset it, and He's used those business contacts. He knows that money talks more in the Middle East than foreign policy wonkery and like just that kind of traditional diplomacy, and so he sent in Jared Kushna who's just pulled off the extraordinary in.
Speaker 2: This and as you say, it is ordinar Jared kushm Kuscher said he could solve it because he read twenty five books on the subject. And you know what, they've done a hell of a lot better than so many decades and decades of experts who thought they knew what they were doing, but clearly did an analyst Nielson, thank you so much for your time here on the US Report. Now let's go to former senior advisor to President Trump, Christian Witten. Christian, welcome back to the program. Here, big breaking news here. Former US National security advisor to Donald Trump, John Bolton, has been indicted. A federal grand jury has indicted mister Bolton on charges of mishandling classified information. And it sounds from the reports I've read, he is alleged to have sent sensitive documents to relating to national security through a personal email account. That's a big no no if you've got a top secret clearance. The US President had this to say, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know that.
Speaker 9: You're told me for the first time. But I think he's a bad person. I think he's a bad guy. Yeah, he's a bad guy, too bad. But that's the where it goes. That's the way it goes, right, that's the way it goes.
Speaker 1: Well, I want have you reviewed the case against him?
Speaker 9: No, I have it. I have it, But I just think he's a bad person.
Speaker 2: A Christian put aside the great call out to some of his best material with the you're just telling me this for the first timeline here. But if this is true, if these allegations are correct, these are very serious allegations. Ordinary people with security clearances who've done things like this have been put away.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 10: You know, I was talking to a friend who was with the FBI in San Diego, and every year there's sort of a young non commissioned officer who shows some lowly classified information to a girlfriend because he thinks it's cool and you know, end of career, probable jail time. This, on the other hand, is someone who served at the Justice Department and at the State Department and at the White House and knows exactly what the rules are, had access to the highest classified information, and at least according to the which is just a government accusation, it's not conclusive proof, but held a sensitive compartmentalized information, top secret information, the highest level stuff at his home and put it into email and used it in his book. So this is someone who knew the rules and broke them pretty clearly according to the indictment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean that would put the lie to the idea that this is just sort of a revenge prosecution here, because this is a narrative that they keep pushing that, oh, well, they're going after John Bolton or Letitia James because they're just trying to get back Trump's just trying to get back, is it enemies? But that's not necessarily the case here, is it.
Speaker 11: It's not.
Speaker 10: Actually, this is a case of an injustice being put right through prosecution because Bolton so just so clearly he put this book into the review process. He sent the manuscript just four months after he was fired. No one writes a book in four months. That means that throughout his short tenures national Security Advisor. And this was rumored at the time, and frankly I warned some friends at the White House that he did this when he US ambassador the UN. He was working on the book while he was still in government. That was probably one of the big reasons to go in, I think, was to make a splash and come out. But Joyce, Judge Lambert, who's the name you may recall from the Lewinsky scandal era, a Reagan appointee, basically told Bolton because the government was trying to stop publication, all the books were published, all they were already distributed. And the jet says, well, I'm not going to stop this now because I can't. But it seems like you broke the law that was in the early Biden administration. Biden didn't prosecute it, and now Trump has, so finally justice is being served.
Speaker 2: Good good good stuff. Hey, Christian onto other news here Ata Washington. Here, this shutdown of the government is remaining in place. US lawmakers are trying to shift blame the Democrats, are trying to blame the Republicans. But since Democrats have just blocked an eight hundred and fifty two billion dollar bill that would have at least kept defense funded through September, I don't know how the Democrats can keep saying that it's the Republicans that are responsible for this when they're the ones holding it up and explain to us the majorities that are actually needed to pass funding bills, because I think some of our viewers here in Australia need a little bit of understanding of that process and why it's not just a straight majority vote.
Speaker 10: Right. Well, a lot of things in the Senate require six the out of one hundred senators to vote for klod sure to stop a limit debate, and if you don't get that then you just assume debate will go on interminably and don't proceed, move on to something else, or go home. There are things called budget reconciliation that only acquire a bare majority under the current rules of the Senate, which actually Republicans could unilaterally change bills like these do need sixty votes, and that's unfortunately why Democrats, who only have forty seven seats, are able to obstruct this. Typically they wouldn't. This isn't deciding all of the next fiscal year. It's just extending appropriations while the debate goes on. The Democrats, I think, erroneously think the politics of this are on their side. But the military has already missed one payday. The next one comes up at the end of the month. So it's not just people who are you studying spotted at owls in California for the Forest Service. It's actually people who matter for our national security who are now not being paid for work that they've already done. And I think, you know, people are going to start getting more upset with the Dems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that is pretty shocking. That give it everything that's going on in the world. If you're not giving your soldiers a paycheck, that seems like a pretty bad idea of Christian Witten. Thank you so much for your time. You're always love having you here on the show. Now, don't go anywhere, because after the break, the Great Carol Markowitz is going to join me to reveal a startling new survey that shows the whole fever for non binary genders could finally be breaking. But first, earlier in the program, I talked about that CNN town hall segment on the government showdown, Shutdown. Well, the White House has just posted this clip of the event when Bernie Sanders is asked a very important question, have a look at what the White House did with his response.
Speaker 3: Republicans have been appealing to audiences, especially young people like myself online using social media. Why does Republican messaging on social media seem so much more effective than democratic messaging? And what can we do about it?
Speaker 7: Well, that's a great question. I think the Republicans are effected. They have learned a lot about social media and by the way to Tousin hurt that they have friends o all all of the major social media platform.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to put it out there that maybe actually Bernie the Right does social media better because they have a sense of humor. Hi krama, Carol Markowitz. After the break, do not Go Anywhere, Welcome back to the program. In in a moment, Carol Markowitz joins me with an exclusive study about gender identity. Turns out the kids maybe all right after all. But before we bring her on something absolutely extraordinary happened in the US Supreme Court Thursday, and I just had to bring this to you. Justice Katanji Brown Jackson, a black female justice on the Court, just compared being black to having a disability. Yeah, that's right, she said it. And if any white guy on the Court said that, well, the New York Times would be starting a national conversation that would last forever. Now, to give you the background on this, Jackson was making an argument in a case brought by the ACLU after Louisiana redrew its congressional districts, and when they did so well, there was only one district with a majority of minority members left. In other words, the problem that she was addressing is the idea that ethnicity or race was not being used to raw congressional districts, which should seem pretty fair to anyone who thinks that, you know, people vote on their interests, not on the color of their skin, because this is America we're talking about right now. A little bit longer here, but stick with me. I want to play all of this because it is gobsmacking. First, Justice Jackson laid out the background behind the Americans with Disabilities Act. What she said was just like the Voting Rights Act.
Speaker 12: Congress passed the Americans with Disabilities Act against the backdrop of a world that was generally not accessible to people with disabilities, and so it was discriminatory in effect because these folks were not able to access these buildings, and it didn't matter whether the person who built the building or the person who owned the building intended for them to be exclusionary. That's irrelevant. Congress said, the facilities have to be made equally open to people with disabilities, if readily possible.
Speaker 2: Okay, you see how she set this up. Now listen to her knock it down.
Speaker 12: I guess I don't understand why that's not what's happening here. The idea in section two is that we are responding to current day manifestations of past and present decisions that disadvantage minorities and make it so that they don't have equal access to the voting system. Right they're disabled.
Speaker 2: This is the whole thing right here. This is the poison of identity politics, the soft bigotry of low expectations that the left, even a black woman of the left has For people of African American heritage, to be black, they say, is to have a disability to be a minority, they say, means that you vote as a block, not as individuals, and that the only way you can be represented in the Congress is on the basis of the color of your skin. Well, frankly, that is racist. There is no other word for it. I mean again, whatever happened to the old line about the content of your character? Well, we're not seeing it here. Well, joining me now is Carol Markowitz. You know her well. She is the New York Post columnist and host of the Great Carol Markowitz Show. Carol, thanks so much for joining me tonight, And I want to get to an exclusive report you've got in the New York Post where you've uncovered how the gender madness amongst America's youth has been pushed by radical activists and the study shows the study you've reported on here shows what many of us have thought for years, namely that the idea that there is no gender or that gender isn't binary was in fact fad being pushed by radical activists in the US. What could he tell us about nace.
Speaker 6: Well, I can't claim credit for making the discovery. It was a researcher named Kaufman and he found that the numbers in various studies of non binary students non binary youth.
Speaker 1: Has sometimes been halved.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's as low as a third of the number it used to be five years ago. And it's a really amazing change because the thing is, and I say this in the piece, non binary is the easiest one.
Speaker 1: It's the one that I say.
Speaker 6: If I were a teenager and I had the control of making my teachers and my parents and everybody else call me whatever pronoun I decided from day to day, It's.
Speaker 1: The one I would have picked, for sure.
Speaker 6: So the non binary one is the easiest one to put on, but it's clearly also the easiest one to take off, and so many have done that.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely fascinating that this fever has broken. I want to go on, though, because there's another story that fascinated me. In the New York Times this week, they reported that the Trump administration is considering a radical overhaul of the US refugee system that would slash the program and give preference to English speakers, white South Africans, and Europeans who oppose migrations. That's the way the New York Times reported it. But you go down further in the story, and they say the proposed changes would put new emphasis on whether applicants would be able to assimilate into the United States, directing them to take classes on American history and values and respect for cultural norms. That Carolyn really wanted to get your repeating on this because you were born in the USSR, in the old Soviet Union, your family was taken in by the US. And once your reaction to this, should the government be prioritizing people who are prepared to love America rather than people who come from cultures that bear a grudge against it and want to tear it down.
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely.
Speaker 6: And you know, I can't say that my family knew that much about America. Well, what my family did know about America they wanted in. They wanted to be a part of it. They knew about the freedom, they knew about the fact that you could live your life the way you chose to live your life, and they wanted it.
Speaker 1: They didn't know a lot of the details, you know. I always tell stories about.
Speaker 6: My parents getting to New York and seeing like a fancy department store and thinking like, Oh, there's no way we'd be allowed to go in there unless we show them our money.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 6: They didn't know all the details of American life, but they knew that they wanted to be part of the culture.
Speaker 1: They wanted their kids to be American. I'm actually named.
Speaker 6: Carol with a K because I was born in the Soviet Union and because my parents wanted me.
Speaker 1: To have an American name.
Speaker 6: But they misspelled it, and that's the way it goes.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think it's a misspelling. I think it's perfectly spelled Carol. But I also played some comments earlier from Kamala Harris speaking of great Americans here with the spelled of the K, claiming that she was the most qualified presidential candidate ever? Can she get any more ridiculous with this book tour she is on? And do you think that she may be trying to God help us, make a play to run again in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: It's certainly possible. And you know, I don't think she has any chance to.
Speaker 6: Get even out of the Democratic primary, but I could see it happening, because what else does she have going on?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. In that same interview, she was asked, like, what would be some of your major issues?
Speaker 6: And she couldn't name one, not one, This most qualified presidential candidate in history, couldn't name one thing that she might potentially run on in a future race. She just was always understudied, never had her homework done, never knew exactly what was going on, always was given projects.
Speaker 1: That were way over her head.
Speaker 6: And look, the president that she was vice president for was barely there himself. So we have no idea who Kamala Harris is, or what she wants or what she represents.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about you, but personally, I'm kind of hoping she makes a run for it, just simply because so much great material for this program here. Before I let you go, I also want to talk about this other story that was broken by Political politico dot com this week, which exposed thousands of text messages from young Republicans in a group chat with members joking about things like slavery and the Holocaust. And it's led to a huge controversy with Democrats saying, oh, everybody here has to resign, everybody involved with it has to be canceled. All of this. But jd Vance had an interesting response. He took to Twitter to respond and he said, this highlights the lack of outrage when it comes to Jay Jones, the gentleman who's running for attorney general in Virginia and his horrific text messages where he fantasized about killing children, which is fairly worse. I would say, now Vance wrote quote, this is far worse than anything said in a college group chat, and the guy who said it could become the attorney general in Virginia. I refuse to join the pearl clutching when powerful people call for political violence. Carol sort this out for us.
Speaker 6: It's tough because you know, when I read the political piece, my first instinct was they had a paragraph blaming these comments that these you know, idiots made on Donald Trump, saying, oh, this is this stems from Donald Trump's rhetoric, and it absolutely does not.
Speaker 1: So that was my very first take on it.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's difficult to say these people should be fired, they should have to step down from their roles.
Speaker 1: What they said was beyond the pale.
Speaker 6: But the Democrats don't do this at all. And so the governor candidate in Virginia win some Sears. The Democrats of Virginia said, oh, winsome Sears has to say that these people should step down, and her comment was perfect.
Speaker 1: It was like they should step down.
Speaker 2: Now you go, yeah, yeah, absolutely right. I think that's I think that pretty much sources it out. Carol Markletz, thank you so much for joining me here tonight on the US report. Now stick around because after the break a report on the latest news out of NBC where a DEI program is d EA D But first, let's check in with the president, who's got some words to say about Stephen Miller, his gloriously obsessive boarder security advisor.
Speaker 9: This is many, many steps above, and I want to thank Steven Miller, who's right back in the audience right there. I'd love to have him. I love watching him on television. I'd love to have him come up and explain his true feelings sippit. Maybe not his truest failing that might be going a little bit too far, but Steven, thank you for doing an unbelievable job.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd love to know those truest feelings too, But you know what, I'm not sure I could broadcast them. Stick around because there's more un support after the break. Hey, welcome back to the program. Now joining me now is political commentator You know her well. Stephanie Hamill. Stephanie, thanks so much for joining me on the program tonight here and I wanted to talk about the White House's memorial to Charlie Kirk when he was posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. This is what some of what the President said at the event earlier this week.
Speaker 13: But it was a horrible, heinous, demonic act of murder. He was assassinated in the prime of his life for boldly speaking the truth, for living his faith and relentlessly fighting for a better and stronger America. Loved this country and that's why this afternoon, it's my privilege to posthumously award Charles James Kirk, our nation's highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Stephanie. I want to ask you about this because it was quite bittersweet. He awarded the medal to Erica Erica Kirk on what would have been Charlie's thirty second birthday now, when he was assassinated. The reverberations went around the world, and I can tell you that here in Australia, I still have people wanting to talk to me about Charlie Kirk. And what happened on that terrible day. How is the memory of Charlie Kirk being honored, but also how much impact is he still having now in death in the United States and among conservatives, young conservatives on the right.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, James, and you're not the only one where people are approaching you and asking you and wanting to talk about Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 11: I mean, people are so affected by this.
Speaker 14: This is something that I think about in people in my community talk about every single day. What President Trump awarding Charlie the nation's highest civilian honor on his birthday was just incredible. It was profoundly moving, and I am so thankful for President Trump for remembering Charlie on his birthday with this award because we are Charlie. For so many conservatives who's there to that share the same values as Charlie, which is faith, family, and freedom. This was really important for us and his widow, Erica Kirk. I don't know how she does it. Her strength and grace is just incredible, and she's demonstrated something that I've just never seen before, and so we have to give her credit and acknowledge her for that. And as for how Charlie Kirk's memory and legacy will live on. It's through so many voices and people that are standing up and feeling more energized and fired up than ever. Think about the movement that he put together Turning Point USA. It is a well oiled machine. If you've ever been to any of the events, there are so many hard working people that put together these incredible, incredible events where thousands of students get together with some of the greatest political minds in this country. And the last I checked, according to Turning Point, they've received one hundred and thirty thousand inquiries into student chapters across the country.
Speaker 11: This would have been Charlie Kirk's dream.
Speaker 2: Well, want to move on to this story here where this week en See News apparently announced they were eliminating their teams dedicated to covering various DEI issues, the specific channels for Black and Asian, American and Latino and LGBTQ groups, laying off about one hundred and fifty staffers. It seems to be here this is a big win for the culture that news organizations are starting to get the message that this sort of identity politics news coverage is not working for them and coming on the heels of Barry Weiss going to CBS.
Speaker 1: I'd love your thoughts, James.
Speaker 14: There's a lot to chew on here. My first initial reaction was NBC laying off their diversity push groups sound a little racist according to the left, but also, you know, I actually didn't realize that they had these these groups intact, that they have specific people pushing news for each color and race of of people in America. It's kind of sickening. As somebody who's bicultural. My mother is born in Mexico, I am American, I was born here. It's just hard for me to understand, like why they are creating different news divisions targeted at different people. As an American and even my mom being from Mexico and living in this country, we care about the news that all Americans care about it. It's really weird that they were doing that in the first place. And as for it being a win, I'm a little dubious. I'm actually thinking that it's the fact that they're not getting the ratings and they're not making the money, so this is the reason why. I mean, I guess it's a win in the sense that the audience has rejected it, so people are getting so tired of the race baiting and all of this actual division instead of unification.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's absolutely right. Meanwhile, on the left, I find this story amazing. Katie Porter and I've spoken about her before. She's trying to become California's next governor, and apparently she has refused to say whether or not there will be even more videos that will drop this week displaying her abusive behavior, which, if you've seen some of it before, has been pretty unhinged. Here's what she had to say in another interview this week.
Speaker 15: Should California voters feel confident that there aren't any more Katie Porter videos out there?
Speaker 16: Well, what I know is that I could have done better in those moments. I'm going to be focused on earning their votes and earning their trust. That's true in every election.
Speaker 15: But not just the CBS interview, the interview with the staffer. Can voters be confident that there won't be another one of those videos that's going to come to light?
Speaker 16: I'm going to be honest with you. I know that that video and that video was several years ago, as you know, and I apologize to the staffer. That's super important to me and will continue to try to hold myself to do better. That's what I can promise.
Speaker 2: Now, Stephanie. By now, everybody has seen the videos, the allegations that she dumped scolding hot mashed potatoes on her ex husband's head. This woman could become California's next governor. What is happening in the Democrat Party that somebody with this sort of character seems to have risen to the very heights of the party of that state.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm laughing because I'm trying not to cry.
Speaker 14: How is it that the Democrats in California would even see a potential candidate in her? I mean, she's the leading candidate, and I understand that Governor Gavin Newsom is a very flawed politician, but this is.
Speaker 11: Almost even worse.
Speaker 14: I mean the video that you're talking about, she flew into a rage because her staffer had the audacity to accidentally walk in her background. I mean, she started shouting expletives at her. We've also read a lot more about how she's mistreated other staffers. We also recently saw a video where she stepped out of an interview screamed at a reporter because she didn't like the reporter's questions. And by the way, the reporter was probably a liberal reporter who happened to ask all of the other candidates the same exact questions. So this is a very messy situation. And I you know, she's apologized.
Speaker 11: And said, you know, it was like a bad day or whatever. She's just sorry she got caught.
Speaker 14: Okay, absolutely type of personalities. I'm very familiar with them, and I'm sure there's a lot more of that, And that's why she can't promise that there won't be more videos, because this is who she is, and so it's very concerning that she's the leading Democrat in California. I really hope that Californians will wake up, even if they're Democrats, and realize that they deserve better because this woman is unhinged and doesn't have the character or judgment to be in charge of such a great state.
Speaker 2: Well, Stephanie, very quick follow up. Do you think this could sink her campaign?
Speaker 11: I think it could. It could sink the campaign.
Speaker 14: But the problem is, for the most part, the mainstream media ignores these types of stories, and so a lot of the voters probably won't even know that this happened. They won't know the true character of this candidate, and so that's what concerns me. But if more people are able to watch news sources like yours, James, or some of the other news organizations.
Speaker 11: That I speak to, then they can be informed voters and.
Speaker 14: Decide whether or not they want somebody with such a hothead to lead their state.
Speaker 2: Well, Stephanie, we do have a few US support viewers who love us on the YouTube in America, so we'll see what difference that can make. We'll see, we'll find out, Stephanie Haw. Well, thank you so much for your time. That don't go anywhere because only in America is coming up. But after the break, before we hit the break, let's check in whether our old pal John Fetterman, who may be the last Democrat with any sense left in the United States, haven't listened to what he had to say about who's really responsible for the government shutdown?
Speaker 17: That's why, that's why shutting the government is really what the Democratic Party wants to do. And I follow country than party, and it's the wrong thing for the country in a period of chaos. I refuse to vote to shut our government down. I absolutely would love to have I would love to have a conversation about extending the tax credits for healthcare. Absolutely, but I would remind everybody too, this was designed by the Democratic Party to expire at the end of the year. This is not something taken from by the Republicans. That's they were designed to expire. Now, let's have a conversation to extend it and not shut our government down.
Speaker 2: If ever, there was a case of don't judge a book by its cover, it was John Fetterman. I mean, imagine that caring about America rather than your party. That's great stuff and you'll love to see it stick around because Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call only in America. Hey, so there's a lot of serious news around the place, but thankfully Artificial Intelligence AI is letting us have a little fun with it. And no one is having more fun with it than the team at something called it Diaper Diplomacy. It's a website which retells the events of the day with babies. Have a look at how they handled Trump's big trip to the Knessett this week and that moment where he was interrupted by a pro Palestine protester and O.
Speaker 9: Steve was chosen by me. He never did this before, but I knew him as a few things. He was a great businessman, but I know a lot of great businessmen. To be honest with you, he had tremendous negotiating skills, but I know a lot of people that negotiate pretty well. Although it is an art, people that can negotiate pretty well. But most importantly, see, he's just a great guy. Everybody loved him. Everybody they respect him, and they somehow can relate to him. I've known him for many years and I've seen it over over and over and again.
Speaker 18: Don't Ahua, They don't think I'm gonna come back. Sorry for that, mister President. That was very efficient, very.
Speaker 2: Efficient indeed, and hey, you know what else was efficient? Tonight's show went by in a flash. Anyway, I'll see you next week. Bye bye,