Speaker 1: Every day, Adelaide. Let's talk about some of the most iconic movies that you've ever seen, and one of them has to be Finding Me. Yeah, isn't it gorgeous?
Speaker 2: You always think, just keep swimming.
Speaker 1: Just keeps swimming like he's got some issues. My goodness, she's got some issues, but she's so lovable, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some real stm memory and I can to your doory.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. You well, that is congratulations to us. We've just uncovered something.
Speaker 2: Every lack around the fish bowl is a new adventure for me.
Speaker 1: Yea, some serious short term memory issues, but very lovable. Marlin is the dad, of course. Yeah. And then you've got a name, Mark, the son, the one and only son, and Coral was his wife. Yes, in the beginning, there's a very very traumatic singing right at the starts where he's got all the babies. He's in his idellic little situation where he's got the prime real estate and he's sitting there with Coral as well, and then all of a sudden, a big bad barracoota fish just absolutely turns that scene upside down. They'll be fine, just get inside you right now. And then as we know, from there, it's just Marlon and Nemo. But then Nemo goes missing and he has to go find Nimo. That's the storyline. Yeah, so there's a few theories circulating the internet right now which are absolutely going to blow your mind.
Speaker 2: Is this what you've been up to in your spare time?
Speaker 1: I call it research for work. I watch kids movies, shut home and call it work. So we just assume that the Barracoutera destroyed the family and took Marlon's wife as well, Coral. A few marine biologists have piped up and where are the marine biologists when you need them? Well, finally they're here. And a couple of have said, well, here's the thing about this particular Saint Bear and Mind Pixar do not factually miss. They do not factually miss. They know exactly what they're doing for every single little detail. These guys have said, Hey, guess what guys, Unfortunately, Barracootera they do not eat clownfish ah, and they do not eat clownfish eggs.
Speaker 2: So what was the demise then? Who was responsible?
Speaker 1: On top of that? Guess who does eat clownfish and clownfish eggs? Clownfish? Right, the male clownfish will tend to tend to the eggs until they hatch. He'll scope out any unviable or damaged eggs, and yes he'll eat those if they doesn't think they're going to be good. Sometimes all the eggs will be eaten, especially during the parents' first few attempts. But in particular the female is very, very prone to eating eggs and then shifting off into a different space. So here's a conclusion. It wasn't the barracooter. It was his wife who destroyed the family. Why you just sink in and blow your mind. Why she's agreed a little clownfish, but she got hungry and ate all of the eggs except for Nemo.
Speaker 2: Wow, isn't that just shocking? It's a very sinister theory you've come up with it.
Speaker 1: It is the latest theory during the rounds on the internet, because, like I said, Pixar factually do not miss They would not make a mistake like that.
Speaker 2: Do you know what My take away from this is, what's that you should never have a day off Channel seven if this is what you get up to.
Speaker 1: These are the conspiracy theories that I'm sort of cooking up in the background, but that's from the internet. They go thirteen twenty four to ten. What did you just learn or learn later in life that really shocked your pants off? Okay, can we call producer Emily to the stage? Can on to you am? Couldn't morn it, guys.
Speaker 3: So this one was something my best friend actually takes me during the week. The numbers on a toaster. Yeah, I think we all assume that's just how toasty.
Speaker 2: It's your level of toastiness.
Speaker 3: So if you want a light brown, if you want to charg reeled, whatever.
Speaker 1: Six is really really gone for it.
Speaker 3: It's just how long it's cooking in there. One on the toaster knob is one minute.
Speaker 2: Ye Are you sure?
Speaker 3: Yes? The Internet told me so, it must be true. We've got a toaster in the kitchen. We should test this, We should test this. There is another one which I think is something that I literally only learned two minutes ago. Butt load is an actual measurement.
Speaker 1: Buttload yep.
Speaker 3: So if you say I've got a buttload of milk, that would mean you have four hundred and seventy seven liters of milk.
Speaker 2: Now you are welcome.
Speaker 3: That's good that they used to use that for wine. Casks and barrels. Buttload is four hundred and seventy seven liters.
Speaker 1: Give us a buttload of wine. Thanks. I had a buttload of wine at Josh Josh's wedding.
Speaker 2: You camera go, yes, you did. I think it was a couple of buttloads.
Speaker 1: Actually, thirteen twenty four ten, what did you just learn about that really shocked you? Maybe you've just learned or you learned a later part of your life. You went, oh, my gosh, it completely changes everything.
Speaker 2: So that clownfish ate its own babies is that we're using.
Speaker 1: That is the theory because clownfish will eat clownfish, and female clownfish will tend to eat their own eggs, but barracudas do not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know, shocking stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's going on there? I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Definitely noted here.
Speaker 1: We have established at your doory, so I'm pretty sure you've forgot that whole conversation, Polly.
Speaker 2: We are asking the question this morning on thirteen twenty four ten, what did you just find out later in life?
Speaker 4: Go for it can confirm clownfish are very territorial in the road think, and they're born non gendered and the more dominant one turns into female.
Speaker 1: Well but here you go, ooh, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: I've lost a couple of plownfish myself because the female has temps them.
Speaker 1: Really, so can you can you confirm that this is probably what happened to Marlon's family?
Speaker 4: Owning this myself with my own experiences. This is only last year, I lost about two or three. Yeah. I got to thinking about finding Nemo and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the character.
Speaker 1: Thanks coming together.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Holly. Let's go to Robin from Diamond Creek. Good morning morning.
Speaker 5: How you doing.
Speaker 2: We're good. What did you learn later in life that you didn't know that the.
Speaker 6: Letter W is called W because it's two us put together?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it.
Speaker 1: Is so simple, isn't it.
Speaker 2: How do we not know that?
Speaker 6: I never put any thought into it?
Speaker 1: But there you go, it makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: That is incredible. So it's just too little used. Gathera's W incredible, Robin, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Do you agree Robin that when you're breaking down it kind of sounds a little bit lazy, doesn't it. It does seem a little bit lazy in terms of when we're inventing letters.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it could be a little bit more original for sure.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Let's go to Shelley. Hey, come on, go for it. Would you learn?
Speaker 6: I learn where they're saying mad as a hatter came from. It's from well, apparently when they used to mold the felt hats, they used to put mercury into help the purpose, and then people would wear the hats of mercury in and they drive.
Speaker 1: Them around the bed and go, okay, hey, hey, Shelly, do you know where they're saying mad as Jodie before she's eaten comes from?
Speaker 2: Oh you're on fire today, Thank you. Good morning, David. What did you learn later in life?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't realize that the honeycomb in violet crumbles and stuff is different the honeycomb that comes out of beef.
Speaker 1: This is a lesson learned. I think this might be a male thing as well, but I reckon there was a time as a youngster as well, David, where you're like, here, we're I'm just going to feast on some delicious honeycomb and you quickly realize it's just wax with honey on it.
Speaker 5: I just didn't realize there went that many bees out there, and I was watching Bad Homes for Gardens and it's like, oh, we're going to make honeycomb to nine? What is this guy on about? And I was I was absolutely dreaming anyway, and I was a grown up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a lesson?
Speaker 2: What a betrayal, David?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 5: It was aren't we just getting it out of the hime and covering it.
Speaker 1: In chocolate, a little purple wrap on it. All of a sudden, bang, there's your violet crumb.
Speaker 2: There you go, Thank you, David saman What did you learn later in life?
Speaker 4: I learned when I was nineteen or twenty years old. But pickles are cucumbers.
Speaker 1: Yep, Jody, you're you're looking like you didn't know this.
Speaker 2: Wait, pickles are cucumbers.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: How do you how how just pickled in like vinegar or something?
Speaker 3: So yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Oh no, this is Jody to describe JODI's express and right now is I'm blown.
Speaker 2: So pickles are like those little baby cukes and they've just been soaked in vinegar and they pulled into a jar.
Speaker 1: Well sometimes they're not even that they're the big ones. They're just soaked in the jar. Pickled. It's pickled cucumbers. Pickles are pickled cucumbers.
Speaker 2: Flip me over and call me hazes, I do not know that.
Speaker 1: Wow, doesn't it? Thank you so mad though, because I reckon as a youngster. I learned this when I was eating pickles, loving them, and then saying to someone how much I hate cucumbers. Yeah, and I'm like, well, the same thing, and I was like, how very do you? That's so not.
Speaker 2: Goodness gracious, this has been so enlightening this morning, I know how educational, but you know, I'm going to forget it in about five minutes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'll remind you about nine o'clock you'll.
Speaker 2: Go pickles and cucumbers, will be like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: He's where you're.
Speaker 2: Waking up to Adelaide's to snooze news. So this is where we get you up to date with all all the information, the latest in news from the last twelve to twenty four hours and abs. You never want to start with one of these stories. No, it's absolutely horrible. So there's a major police investigation has been launched after a young Adelaide girl died. So she's a five year old, So emergency services scrambled to a housing trust property at Vololta Avenue at seat In just before four o'clock yesterday, following reports the five year old girl was found unresponsive. Also disturbing, it was reported by another child in the house.
Speaker 7: So yeah, this is interesting.
Speaker 8: And there's word as well today that maybe the child isn't from she didn't live in that home.
Speaker 7: Okay, but no one's been arrested.
Speaker 8: There hasn't been any charges later or anything yet, but it's one that will definitely be watching this morning.
Speaker 2: And also Major Crimes say they're involved because of the age of the child.
Speaker 8: So watch this space for this story. But it's a horrible one, very very sad. Heading in a different direction obviously. We're on weather watch today because it's going to finally see some rain across South Australia. A little bit is happening across the skies at the moment, but it's set to ramp up from some rise.
Speaker 7: Producer m drove through Mount Barker this morning.
Speaker 8: She said it was super windy and a bit of debris on the roads to just be careful there.
Speaker 1: I'm sorr, I'm sorry. Can I just say something? Can I just say something great? For the gardens, well, the.
Speaker 7: Farmers need it. We are desperate.
Speaker 8: We're so desperate for it, so it's good, but just keep an eye out for obviously roads are going to be slippery, so we do have a road weather or er out. There's some power outages as well, affecting around six hundred homes of businesses in North Brighton, Oakland's Park, Summitton Park and Warridale, so there's some lights out across that region as well.
Speaker 7: To just be careful if you're driving this morning.
Speaker 8: It is going to be a top of twenty two at the moment though, so that's great, but it is going to drop as we head into the day.
Speaker 7: So yeah, good weather.
Speaker 2: Chat certainly had a little power outage in here this morning. That's okay, that's another story for another day.
Speaker 1: That's all right. We're soul about we'll fire through. You better believe that. That is your post snooze news. Just a quick remind as well. Port Adelaid tickets our hottest tickets in town right now before the Matilla to take over tomorrow. Up, it's okay, we're living in the moments. We've got some ticketsing way. Just after eight o'clock Port Adelaide beat Carlton can we talk, Nicki Minajh, Absolutely we can. We've always got space for Nicki Minash.
Speaker 2: She has been mocked and received some fairy mixed reviews from fans. After she was asked, she asked for a moment of silence for her dear friend Princess Diana. Yes, you heard Bertard, she said, Princess Diana is my dear friend.
Speaker 1: Wait, the late Princess Diana. Yes, and we're talking very late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so she called for this moment of silence and then posted the video on TikTok. And here's some of the comments underneath. A dear friend of mine question mark she been dead since nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: One person sister, she's gone.
Speaker 2: A dear friend of mine she was fourteen when she died, someone said on X goodness me, so.
Speaker 1: There, I guess she was fourteen years old when her good friend Princess Diane unfortunately passed.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have experience in this space because you also like to I don't know both that you're dear friends with certain people.
Speaker 1: Give me a spell. You mean, I thought you were going to dub yourself in here.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no, because how often have you said on this show that your your cousin is Darren.
Speaker 7: Hayes Savage Gun.
Speaker 1: So the thing about that is you were one hundred percent don't know that he's not?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Could he be? The last name was got up. We're both songbirds.
Speaker 2: You also like to claim that Ryan Fitzgerald is your bff.
Speaker 1: Well is he not?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Well, okay?
Speaker 2: In fact, I think last time we were to the Harvest Rock Festival he ghosted.
Speaker 1: You go standing up about five minutes. So I thought me and FITZI was super tight and we always sort of flirt with the whole I come down south and my phone's on, brother, where's the invite?
Speaker 2: You have also been known to claim that you're going to marry Jason horn Francis.
Speaker 7: So there we go.
Speaker 2: You're Nicki Minaj one and the same.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of an arranged marriage, I think with Jason horn Francis. But just watched this space alright, it's very one side at the minute. But I'm just sort of chipping away, thinks. Yeah, Actually one thing does come to mind in terms of my short, ineffective stint at the Sydney Swans. Do you remember a boke? And of course you do, because you even if you have a slight knowledge of football. You know who he is, Michael Magic o'lachlin.
Speaker 2: Are you're just saying I've got a slight knowledge of football.
Speaker 1: I'm saying even if you did ever, I know you have a good knowledge. But even if you didn't know football, you know who Magic o'lachlan is. Mikyo so one of the greatest Swans to ever do it. So I was there for two years and you couldn't meet a more lovable character like Michio. Everybody loved me. If you didn't love Mikyo, there's something wrong with you. And everybody absolutely idolized him. I can't tell you just how low I was in the food chain at the Swans.
Speaker 7: I have a good understanding.
Speaker 1: I was a rookie getting paid twenty five thousand dollars a year to live in Sydney and I wore number forty eight. You didn't think the numbers went that eygh did you? I did not. So two years with Mikio and you just get around him as much as it possibly could, because he was just this absolute giant celebrity. Was Barry Hall Goods and Mikyo. Mikyo might have been at the top, just because he was so lovable. Anyway, I moved to South Australia the year after I got delisted, and I played footy with his little brother, Alex Tengle. He was an absolute jet as well. And it was Stanger's twenty first that year and Mikio, Oh my god. I remember marching up to the bed. I was like, what's up, brother, mikiyo. We had this nice little conversation and then halfway through he goes, anyway, so watch your name. Brother. Oh my god, I've never been and I had to introduce myself again. Yeah, And I told this once for two years and even then, like a minute lady was like, oh yeah, said there you go.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, we've been in the change rooms and in the showers.
Speaker 1: You've seen my jo it's you that was studying me inappropriately. That's me. Anyway, I'm catching up with Darren Hayes's Afternoon. He's going to love this, he's going to love this story, Joe. Something floated across my desk the other day and I was reminded as well of something that's happening in Norway, which is a really really good thing. And like we always say, the best way is in Norway.
Speaker 2: It's their national slogan.
Speaker 1: It's their slogan and it makes sense. So it's been going for a while. Hour in twenty twenty one, there's a law that requires any advertisement featuring edited image images must clearly label them as such. So this particular legislation, in effect for several years, aims to combat societal pressure to conform to unrealistic beauty standards, especially and this is the big one amongst young people. So when you see an ad for something and it's got a ridiculously handsome model or gorgeous girl in there that clearly looks fake, it needs to say hey, by the way, this is fake, with a little message in the corner, I love this. Yeah, why can't this be a natural, a genuine standard in Australia And it would really really save so much angst and anxiety amongst our young people.
Speaker 2: I just I feel for our young girls and young boys at the moment because so much of they're surrounded by on social media isn't real, you guys. It has been airbrushed within the but Jesus, and it's just putting so many unrealistic expectations. But I think the same of influences. They should declare when they're photoshopped. I think the same of Princess Kate.
Speaker 1: She should declare when she's she took it to the next level.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean, you talk about the Kardashian generation, that's not what they look for, you guys.
Speaker 1: It's fake. It's completely fake. And there's some good memes going around. Anyone can be beautiful, you just need enough money for surgery. That is the Kardashians. So it links him with social media unbelievably also people posting only the unbelievably positive aspects of their life to make it a little bit unrealistic. What's happening?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a highlight reel, isn't it?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? But these photos and I want to ask you because it would break my heart. Right now, I've got a six year old boy who is he's all about comfort and hopefully he stays in that direction when it comes to looks and fashion, comfort.
Speaker 2: First, anything like his day.
Speaker 1: It's all about comfort. But I've got a three year old as well, and it would break my heart to know that when she got to the age of probably sort of eleven or twelve onwards, that she would be anxious and God forbid, would suffer depression because of these unrealistic standards.
Speaker 2: Well to extend on that. All the young girls these days too, especially mine, eleven and twelve year old are all into the beauty products because there are so many.
Speaker 1: YouTube eleven and twelve.
Speaker 2: And TikTok videos and you ask them what they want for Christmas and all their birthdays mecha products. See that's I don't know how many times I have to say to them, your skin is so perfect and pristine and beautiful, you don't need retional you're eleven years old. But it is such a massive influence on the next. So can you've got all this to come on?
Speaker 1: How can you have it? Because you've got an army of girls ranging from all different ages, so you'd probably know how to handle each and every time.
Speaker 2: Soon, I think I've tried and failed a lot just to give them the message that you know, it doesn't matter if you beg or small, short or tall, doesn't matter. It's what's inside that counts, and at your heart and you sense of humor in your kindness. But I just feel like it's falling a little bit on deaf years.
Speaker 1: Isn't so there's a very positive message in this in that's all the photos and stuff that you basically see are pretty much going to be fake and they're unrealistic. Love that to be a genuine standard in Australia. Who knows what's going to happen in the future. And I'll leave you with this next time you see Jodi and Hazy advertisement, look at the photos completely fake fake, that's that's not me nice, that's me brushed.
Speaker 2: That is you brush, But didn't you ask them to brush out a little.
Speaker 1: Bitte They got rid of some of my gray hairs and I said, I a little spot on the side of her head because I got a little bit alopecient. I had a bit of a patch like a coin size and I was like, just get rid of that, and they left it in. So there's a bit of truth to it.
Speaker 2: The dream this week, the Battle of the Bangers, where two songs go head to the head against each other, is.
Speaker 1: Go Tillies.
Speaker 2: So let's think of the most Australian song that you can possibly think of. And I've taken it one step further this week because I've gone the most local song that you could think of from probably the biggest hockypop bands Country's ever seen. Okay, yeah locally, Yeah, you've channeled into the bloody Hilltop.
Speaker 1: You have good selection or the boys have to miss with the Hilltop.
Speaker 2: The boys that you claim to be mates with, remember that.
Speaker 1: You remember I sat next to Dan Smith had a function at a Sammy d Foundation did in my night, and I, by the end of it thought they were genuinely best mates.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we interviewed the Hilltops not long after, and I just wonder, I just wonder if Dan.
Speaker 2: Smith even remember no real recollection.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's a good guy though. Yeah, all right, I lost him just by the way I lost him, and I fanboardy over it, yeah, because I was like, hey, some of your songs, can we talk about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And he didn't physically do it, but I was like I sort of felt like a bit of a here we go yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. And You've had some real hits and misses with people that you admire, like that time you met Brian Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that didn't go as planned. We saw things saw things going differently in my head with that month.
Speaker 2: We worked together at seven Sport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you champed me once Cham might have sported me as well, sport a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people that you feel like you've had a connection with that you really haven't. Anyway, play my song Hilltop Hoods. It is nosebleed section.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, that's good when the front, that's good. Jode's in the nosebleed section, a nosebleed section that is iconic to South Australia. And like you say, to the hip hop industry in Australia, the Hilltops, she genuinely put aussy hip hop on the map. Give it to the next level.
Speaker 2: Really talking my song up. I like this from you.
Speaker 1: I really really like your song to it. I'm going to be honest. So while we are talking about iconic South Australian bands, and given it is on theme as well for the Valut five hundred Monster, So two iconics South Australian bands, two extremely different songs.
Speaker 2: That's old chisel checking.
Speaker 1: They pretend like you don't know which cold Chizzler song.
Speaker 2: This is, mate. I've just I thought you might modernize things a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, what do you mean modernized?
Speaker 2: Go with someone a little more recent.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure which song's older, Cain or nose bleed section, no bleed sections? Pretty No, How dare you tell me to modernize things?
Speaker 2: It's celebrating fifty years together.
Speaker 1: Who's that? The Hilltops, the good songs.
Speaker 2: Get voting please, Jody and Hazy Instagram page. What do you want to hear tomorrow morning at.
Speaker 1: Eight o'clock Hilltop pull its nosebleed section or case san by Cold Chisel. This score as we sit here today is eleven to six in my favor. But but you're coming off a win.
Speaker 2: There is a trend. I think I've won the last couple. Actually, yeah, I think so?
Speaker 8: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Knows that producer?
Speaker 1: You're not sure about that one?
Speaker 7: Do you want to hear something funny?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Go on?
Speaker 8: Cashn was released in nineteen seventy eight, and the noseweek section was released in two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: That as seventy eight to two thousand and three water blur? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Well, for Jody it would have been.
Speaker 1: That's what it's all about. That's good banter, love you good stuff, and that's why I should vote for my song. Doesn't make sense, does it? No? It does good voting out Jodey Hazy.
Speaker 2: It's just texting my little four year old who is on her way to kindy as we speak, and the most magnificent thing is happening there at the moment to her little kindy, And they just the teachers, the educators there are so wonderful. They're teaching the kids all about Reconciliation Week because it is, of course this week, and which is really lovely. So when they get to kindy this morning, they'll greet each other in Ghana language.
Speaker 1: That's really nice.
Speaker 2: And they've been teaching them all their different body parts and how to say them in indigenous language, which is so beautiful. And so we're sitting on the couch last night and we were just talking about it all, and I said, tell me what all the different names for the different parts of your face are, and that's what she said.
Speaker 7: Your eyes, your eyes is man.
Speaker 2: What about your ears?
Speaker 1: Your ears is eerie?
Speaker 2: What about your nose ludla muddler?
Speaker 7: What about your head?
Speaker 1: Your head as love God?
Speaker 2: Okay? And so what do you sing every time you get to school?
Speaker 7: Got a low the ledge?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, God, Good's that she's four? So I just love that. We certainly didn't have anything like this when we went to school back in the day.
Speaker 1: Shut up, abby, mouthshut.
Speaker 2: I am only saying that because that was your cue for an age joke.
Speaker 1: It's good though, I mean for those who probably unaware, and we're not all one hundred scent up to date with everything. So National Reconciliation Week is a time for all Australians to learn about our shared histories, cultures and achievements and to explore how each of us can contribute to achieving reconciliation in Australia. And I completely grew with the Jodes. We didn't have this when I was a youngster, but if we did, where we could come together and share information and celebrate, it would be a really beautiful thing. My daughter went to EOC the other day in her brand new yellow dress which has a big smiley face in the middle and all different colors through the center.
Speaker 2: Of it, right as in the indigenous flag colors.
Speaker 1: Well in terms of all different colors to represent everyone coming together.
Speaker 2: Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: She's just really nice, very proud of her dress too.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately she was the only one dressed up. That's okay. She was a little lotty, just dances to the beat of her own drum.
Speaker 1: Yes, but she's still proud as punch she got to wear the new dress.
Speaker 2: Well to all the little little kinder kids going school this morning, make sure you greet each other in that beautiful language, and well done to everybody involved.
Speaker 1: He's said a really high standard too, a new language at the age of four. It's outrageous.