Speaker 1: We've got every day Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Joj You know I love love, love, good love.
Speaker 1: Also, you love a good wedding. I've never known a man to be so enamored by going to a wedding.
Speaker 2: Good music, good people, all gathered together. What could be better than that? It's so good to stay of your life. Very lucky. We get to celebrated wedding right now now.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there is no one that we love more than came I God.
Speaker 2: Josh, I love you. Guys are lushing. You're going to be a beautiful bride, Josh.
Speaker 1: Josh and Marissa getting married two days.
Speaker 2: Hey, firstly, you're working on your wedding day. I just had to get my mind off it. Yeah, everything kicks off after ten. But it's like, just come here and pretend like everything is normal. But I'm glad we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: Dedication, dedication.
Speaker 2: He's everything been smooth so far. Yeah, Yeah, it's been amazing. I mean, Maurissa's done everything so yeah, very easy. Yeah, can we do this? And this is not supposed to be an omen I think. But thirteen twenty fourteen, what happened at the wedding? What was the unusual event that happened at the wedding, because it's a day that, on paper is always supposed to go smooth yep, but there's so many opportunities for it to veer off into different directions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything happened on your wedding day, I.
Speaker 2: Remember, And I didn't tell my wife till after this because I knew that you would absolutely freak out. But we gave our dog to somebody else to look after that day. And then as I was on the way to the Barossa to go set up, I got a call saying, oh, by the way, we were in North Adelaide and the dog has got off the lead and she is just absolutely run. She could be anywhere. We're not really sure. So I've turned around straight away and at one stage driving down warm Drive and I see this little fluffy white dog going at a thousand miles an hour, just running along the side of it. Found her, Thank goodness, stopped her and she felt like a hummingbird, that's how quickly her heart was going.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, calmed her down and set her off in a different spot. A friend of a friend of a friend ended up looking after that night. Didn't tell car on the wedding day because she would freak out at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, but that.
Speaker 2: Was almost an absolute disaster.
Speaker 1: And then you and Indiana got married and lived happily ever after.
Speaker 2: She was my second wife. Definitely not the story because you made a couple of little cracks at this thing, Joe, what do you mean marriages?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, he said so flippantly. I do remember for my destination wedding in Bali. So the night before the wedding, we had one of the guests and he was a friend of my husband's and he was like an MMA kind.
Speaker 2: Of fighter, classic Jaden from Maths.
Speaker 1: No, but he sort of dabbled in that sort of stuff, and so in Bali there's like a real underground fight scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so the night before he decided like had a few drinks obviously and decided to like tee up a fight.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And so in the backstreets of Bloody Jim Bar and Bay wherever it was, he's had like this punch on and then over the wedding, like can you believe odd? I know, it's an odd story, but it happened.
Speaker 2: It got the crap beaten out of him. Yeah that's good, isn't it? Black Eye and everything, all of it.
Speaker 1: Wow, the whole works anyway, what happened to you?
Speaker 2: Nothing is quiet, not thirteen twenty four ten. What happened at the wedding and what made it super memorable? The other thing that we're paying about a dollar one of happening today.
Speaker 1: Is me having another wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said it, you jumped on board. I reckon. Josh Murro is going to cry when he sees his beautiful role.
Speaker 1: You most definitely will one hundred percent. Do you have any idea what she's wearing?
Speaker 2: No idea, Okay, no idea at all.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and.
Speaker 2: The best reckond of your white wedding dress, won't it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's such a boy. Go away, go away. We're going to a wedding together, my wedding.
Speaker 2: Which is seven years ago.
Speaker 3: Now, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, time, Oh you got the itch seven years that's when it happens.
Speaker 2: Which for seven year reach? Was that a bad thing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I don't have the issue at all. I am now getting to the age where particular things are starting to get itchy, and that's not good. It means I'm sort of fast approaching the forties. Yeah, okay, let's not go down that path. Can I remember at our wedding what we used to do because I'm from New South Wales originally and a lot of our mates from Sydney. It's an NRL heartland and rugby union and what the thing that we do after we've had at least one sip of any sort of alcohol would be to potentially form a scrum later in that night. So we ended up forming a scrum which was basically New South Wales versus the Allies everybody else South Australia or other mates from anywhere else. And it would have been about a forty man scrum, so twenty each side, and we formed the scrum instead of going from one side to the other. Unfortunately, we went from say the north side of the to the south side. But the band was set up in the south side and the guys pushing from the north were aggressively winning, and I remember the band goes bokes literally about to converge on the drum. Kittens my goodness, Yeah, she went off her face.
Speaker 1: I heard a story. I was talking to a woman once who was like that she got married at the Adelaide Oval, and I was like, oh, that's wonderful. How was it and she said it was a good day until my grandpa died.
Speaker 2: Okay, good at the reception?
Speaker 1: How's the time he actually passed away at the wedding.
Speaker 2: Wedding slash wake, isn't that See that's interesting. That's a good cost saver.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they could have done it too for one deal.
Speaker 2: It's a money saver.
Speaker 1: Something wrong with you too? There is definitely walking.
Speaker 2: Her down, walking her down the aisle and or scar walking him down the aisle in the casket giving him away. It's nice.
Speaker 1: You do take your insensitive in films today?
Speaker 4: Do we take them every day?
Speaker 2: We're right in check with that, aren't we, Abby Daby.
Speaker 1: Doo th fourn? What haven't at the wedding? That's going to Cindy, good morning? Clean this up for us, please, Cindy.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm not sure if I can prideing with a number of years ago and we were probably the first more of our friends to get married, so it had very much a party at the sphere about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and until we found probably three months later, three of our friends announced at the same time that day were pregnant, and then all three were conceived at.
Speaker 2: The wedding perfect. Do you know what that means, Cindy. It means that your the wedding was so good yea, that everyone was so aggressively in the mood. That is exactly what you want from your wedding.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Cindy. I hope that doesn't happen at our wedding this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yes, look how my wife isn't going to.
Speaker 1: The wedding, so that would be bad, wouldn't it. Let's go to dev What happened.
Speaker 7: Well, we had a beautiful wedding ceremony, lovely days, went back to the reception and we had a band. We had a big party atmosphere. Nine o'clock comes and we were doing speeches and my husband was looking very pale, and next minute somebody came to me and said that he had Gastro was former king going to the toilet. Had to lead the ceremony and leave the reception at half past nine, and I stayed danced the night away at a great night and then went back to the hotel through the honeymoon sweep that was smelling like, oh yeah, that was our funny. That was our wedding day.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, well look Mary later.
Speaker 1: You four. I love it. Dev's like not gonna let it.
Speaker 2: I think you made the right decision because you know you've got to effectively play host.
Speaker 6: That's why I had a great night.
Speaker 1: Hey did this happened the last wedding I went to, which was my brothers. That happened to my husband. He got gastro halfway through, so the speeches were on and all you could hear from the toilets, which were close proximity, is in like, he's where you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 3: What's smoothe news?
Speaker 1: I mean, when you think news, you think Abbey in the news room. Let's go to her immediately and find out what's headlining today. Dale, good morning.
Speaker 8: So obviously tomorrow is an zach day, so six o'clock all of the dawn services will be happening across the state. One of the biggest ones obviously is Adelaide at the War Memorial North Terrace, SA National War Memorial at North Terrace from six am and Portnaalunga, where I'm from, always a.
Speaker 4: Really good service. They put on a really great service.
Speaker 8: Another big one is also Blackwood as well, So I really do encourage you. Obviously, most people have the day off it's a public holiday, but I do encourage people to get up and yes it's hard sometimes to get out of bed that early, but it's obviously really really really special that we go when we pay our respects.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we've got Antac Day tomorrow. Another thing off the back.
Speaker 8: Of that is our poor Blood Service again needing more blood. So they're asking people to roll up their sleeves and go and donate blood, maybe before they're going off for a long weekend or taking four days off. They reckon they're going to need an additional one thousand, two hundred donations. So we need about extra one hundred and eighty donors in South Australia. So if you can go and roll up your sleeves. I always feel really guilty. I have no iron, so I can.
Speaker 1: Never done You've got no iron.
Speaker 8: I donated once and my doctor said you can never do that again. I have an iron transfusion to get it put back into me. Oh my, so you donated blood and then you had to have an infusion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really sorry.
Speaker 8: Life blood every and they call me and every time I go, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 8: So I always feel super guilty. So if you like me, it's not good. But if you can, I really encourage you to go and donate.
Speaker 2: They gave the blood back.
Speaker 1: It's rednated back into Abbey's veins. Have you ever donated, Yes, because you've got ice in your veins.
Speaker 2: That's because it's it's there's not blood there, it's oil. Because I'm a machine, I've donated twice before. Yeah, it's a really simple process too.
Speaker 4: And get they give you snacks and everything.
Speaker 2: I think I have a nice big cookie, but it's not. It's nowhere. It's not painful at all.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: I think people think that you go in there, it's going to be really quite painful. It's not. Yeah, it just takes a few minutes.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's Andrew's takeaway from a life saving procedure that he's done. He's like, I got a cookie, nice big cookie, CHIPS's Cookies.
Speaker 4: You can have a hot chocolate, perfect day.
Speaker 1: Well worth it.
Speaker 2: Go stuck yourself up, Susie.
Speaker 1: I guess who slipped into the Adelaide airport yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't tell me, Sporty Spice.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, Melci slipped into town. Who saw that coming?
Speaker 2: This is off the back of whose fiftieth was it was the Victoria be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because David David does anyone followed David Beckham obviously?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He writes the nicest things about his wife. Yeah, so lovely.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't say them very sexily, does he. She's all right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So she had her fiftieth birthday and all five Spice girls were reunited and he took a little of them singing a long dist stuff right now, thank you very much. Nice anyway, so she slipped in the sound. She's doing a DJ set on Wednesday, and then she's doing like a little national tour of the country in Melbourne and Sydney and Brisbane.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Did you know she was going?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did.
Speaker 1: Did you invite her around to your home at West Croyton?
Speaker 2: I did, actually, and I got a couple of dots in that text and then she just didn't write back unfortunately.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Actually, this is the true story.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: I know the bloke who's bringing it here. Oh, he's a mate. And he said, do you want to speak to on the radio? And I said, as bloody lately we do.
Speaker 1: And then what happened and he.
Speaker 2: Said, look, I'll make it happen. I think she needs to do at least one radio interview. And then he came back AND's like, I'm sorry, she's just flat out refused to do any media at all. Yeah. Right, so I thought he did, we go we have mel c in the over theos. That'd be pretty cool. Oh not to be.
Speaker 1: That would have been great, And once again you disappoint all of us.
Speaker 2: So close to doing something useful. Ah dear, all right, let's talk some footy news news notes. So they're saying that could be a bit of a a loophole for footy fans to get some Grand Final tickets, and it is this. If you're a GWS supporter, then it's probably a good time to support the Giants because they're sitting on top of the ladder. They might play in the Grand Final. Here's an opportunity for you to get yourself a Grand Final ticket. If you become a Tier three member of the Giants, you're about seventy six dollars, and then the Giants make the Grand Final, you could be amongst ticket allocation. Then you'd have the opportunity to buy a Grand Final ticket. As we know, grand Final tickets no matter who you support absolute Hens Teeth. Seventeen thousand tickets were allocated last year for opposing teams and Collingwood played in the Grand Final. They have one hundred thousand members, so even if you're a member of a football club and they make the Grand Final, you absolutely no guarantee of getting a ticket, So jump on board the Giants. Seventy six bucks.
Speaker 8: Abs is he I mean, it's not a definite, but you wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: Seventy six dollars. That's a good investment.
Speaker 2: Looking pretty good though the boys. Jesse Toby Green, you won't play this weekend.
Speaker 1: That's mate, Toby Green.
Speaker 2: No one's head.
Speaker 1: That's suspended eight times and you love.
Speaker 2: Him, do you know what I'm saying? Though, at least he's not kicking people in the head, that's what That's what his move was. Early on he extend the leg out and he was getting blogs in the head. Okay, I love him.
Speaker 8: So he's really cleaned up his act now he even shoulders them in the head. I love that You're obsessed with a bloke who is one of the dirtiest players in the league.
Speaker 2: Well, he's very skillful though, yeah, mixed on top of that as well, and he's a captain and he's a character.
Speaker 8: And also filthy Jody, horses are filthy animals.
Speaker 2: So very good, very good. Call out special theme today on Jody and Hazy. And that is a wedding theme because our good friend Josh Morow is in charge of all things visual. It's time they're not today.
Speaker 1: He's the guy responsible for all the socials. And we could not be happier that we are going to a wedding on a Wednesday. Yeah, how good.
Speaker 2: And we're both married, and you've been married thirteen years.
Speaker 1: The beautiful part you've married thirteen times.
Speaker 2: Times not yet, am I right? Let's reminisce on our weddings just after seven o'clock. And you're an avocado lover as well, then it's an interesting time for you as well in this particular country because we've made the switch officially from hass to Shepherd Avocados. Yeah, that's right, Shepherd Avocados, the absolute inferior little brother to their big, absolute, good looking, gorgeous, luscious brother the hats.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I know you quite well, and I would have put money on the fact that you would have played hey Geronimo there from Shepherd. I just thought you were going to play it.
Speaker 2: What I still to get it? Hey, Geronimo Shepherd what shepherd avocados? Oh wait wait excise me? Wait wait wait wait nast find well next time, mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Taking to Reddit, one particular user has really caused quite a few row, accusing a particular brand of supermarket of trying to reband shepperd Avocado's posing a photo of the fruit with a sticker that reads green skin avocados. They've tried to redo these.
Speaker 1: Bad invent the avocado.
Speaker 2: Yes, The post read I see through you. A feeble attempt to rebrand the ship at avocado the worst season of the year. One Reddit user was quick to point out that stick was the name of the supplier. But it's all over instead of what the actual avocado is, so they know exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 1: So avocado's a good fat, right, it's healthy for you. It's a fat nonetheless, So if I'm going to have some fat like that, it's going to be your genuine, tasty avocado. The other one tastes it's like it's like dry cardboard.
Speaker 2: It tastes it tastes like wet cardboards, cardboards, trunchy, wet cardboard. So this particular user as well said Shepherd's the poor cousin of the hass. Another one said that Sheppard tastes like an ai avocado. I love that, like a genuine three D printed avocado. That's what Sheppard tastes like. It feels like as well, that it's not quite the real thing, but you're trying to get the real thing. Like if your friend was like, oh, I'm going out with one of the Pitt brothers and you're like, oh my god, Brad Pitten. She's like, nah, Doug, Oh, that's not quite the same, is it. Or you're doing Super Coach and maybe you score one of the Boss brothers back in the day you're like, oh my god, Michael Vass' is a freak. No, no, you got Brett, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Or I'm going on a date with one of the hem's worst. Oh my god, you're going out with Chris or Liam Luke.
Speaker 2: And for the NBA fans out there as well, you go to a Milwaukee Bucks game and you score it and it's a compo guernsey, Oh my gosh. Yeah, that's nazis absolute aweful brother Thanasis. And if there's anyone out there that actually likes shepherd avocados. Yeah, what is going on. Some of the people as well on this Reddit article posted this, I used to hate them, but if you handle and age them properly, No, no, no, they're great. They don't go off as quickly than ice and firm flesh and very tasty. Another user wrote, I like hass but they go weird, bruise and mushy way too easily. Shepherds are almost always pristine inside for the freaks who like their avocado crunchy. I grow up and I.
Speaker 1: Feel aroused at the moment, and I don't know if it's because you use the word firm avocado. We were talking about the Hamswors.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I darro Jardes. When we talk about the Hamsworth, I'll just say the word luke and that will de arouse you.
Speaker 1: We are in full scale wedding mode today. One of our own is getting married this afternoon ahead of the public holiday tomorrow, Joshy marrying Marissa, and it definitely got us reminiscing about our own weddings.
Speaker 2: And was your thirteen year wedding anniversary? Yes, they's the beautiful.
Speaker 1: Greg really was, And what a stunning, brave gorgeous human being I am married to. You know when people see two people and they're like, oh, one of them is punching above. I am definitely punching above with that man.
Speaker 2: I think you guys are quite suited. Yeah, I think I think Greg's gorgeous. I think you're a lovely looking woman as well. Without sounding inappropriate, woa whoa there you go?
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, you like that was a confident. It was my thirteen year winning anniversary yesterday, and you're getting all sexual with me.
Speaker 2: No, never again, never again, throw even a half confident your way. Favorite part of your wedding do you remember? Do you remember what you actually walked down the aisle to?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: That is, for me, the most memorable part of most.
Speaker 1: Weddings, watching Kara walk down the aisle. Oh my god, Oh did she look stunning? She would have been a beautiful creature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cried instantly. You know there's that meme going around the bloke where he turns around and looks at your body genuinely starts sobbing. Yeah, it was almost me. I knew I was going to cry.
Speaker 1: I just remember Greg being so sweaty. Of course, because it was and it was hot, and he was wearing a certain he just had sweat pouring off his poor little face.
Speaker 2: He would have been muttering on his breath as well at a thousand minutes per second, beautiful red balling.
Speaker 1: Exactly what he was saying. Now, I walked down to Colby, Cala.
Speaker 3: Starts in my ses.
Speaker 2: She comes, gorgeous, look at her been shiny, bit sweaty.
Speaker 1: Anyone got any powder?
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: This is a gorgeous song too, by the way, and it actually gets me quite emotional.
Speaker 2: Listen to it, please don't are you? Listen to it.
Speaker 3: And dry and it is a very very nice I just.
Speaker 1: In all seriousness, I am so grateful for my husband and my marriage. It has just been the biggest blessing of my life. So don't the.
Speaker 2: Day after the wedding anniversary that she forgot that's cool. I need you to imagine car coming down the aisle to this absolutely just perfection. How wasn't that it was a cover of the paper kites Bloom. It's a little bit left field, but we found this cover of this English lady that did it, and still to this day, seriously, canna be close to and I'm watching her coming down the aisle with this big grin on her face as well, literally looking around. I need you see your parents and her grandparents are there as well, and I love that. I knew right away, I'm like, this could be the most beautiful moment in my life. You know, you're always looking forward and you don't live in the moment, and there's a couple of times you're like, I'm so bloody thankful I lived in the moment. And she came down the old of this and was like.
Speaker 1: It's a freaking perfection, And she just looked like her face was pure happiness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had good weather too, by the way, it was like a degree, so she wasn't a shiny man.
Speaker 1: Can you telling everyone that Greg and I were a sweat mess on our wedding?
Speaker 2: Man, I love weddings. We've got one more wedding as well. Come up in the rise in terms of this team, and that is a producer Emily who's been engaged for it feels like the best part.
Speaker 1: Of for a five the entire time we've known her.
Speaker 2: Really come on him. Set at date and for goodness sake, invite Jodie Hayes.
Speaker 1: I think the day the date setting will happen. I'm not sure about you guys getting an invite. I don't know why you think you're getting an invite straight away.
Speaker 2: Come on, So just to paint a bit a picture, producer, Emily came from five double eight and she spent quite a long time there. She's got this really tit relationship.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, okay, he's going, Will going. Will is of course going. Also he's also going to be the MC. I'm putting him too.
Speaker 2: It will be that guy who'll be talking to all the grandparents and stuff.
Speaker 1: And shaking hands because baby love him.
Speaker 2: He's perfect. That's boring, I'll tell you right now. I need someone who's going to stack it on the dance floor and someone who's going to spew on a pop plant. Hi. We've been celebrating what the weekend is going to bring, and that is lift golf jokes. Can't wait.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest events I've ever been to is going to be spectacular. Good weather for it on the weekend. And one man who is already down there today is the gorgeous Tomren and he joins us now, Good morning from Grange.
Speaker 9: Hello, Jody Hallo, hazy, Yet it is beautiful night and Chris down here, but a gorgeous morning.
Speaker 1: Someone is playing in the pro our sheer.
Speaker 9: Well, this this might be my last cross because I'm expecting that after today I'm going to be invited onto the lift to art O. Look, God, it's been a pleasure. I've loved working with you, but this is it. I'm about to make my four a into the world of golf. So yeah, here I go.
Speaker 1: And who are we in a round with today? Tom?
Speaker 9: So, I'm playing with Mark Leishman and I actually played with him last year, and I've got a feeling I'm going to rock up and be like, okay, am I good to see it again. You know he's going to have that look like, oh my god, I have I've been stuck with this bloke again. I've got him and Lee Westwards, so English former world number one, so a couple of absolute champions. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or even worse, Renny, He goes, oh, get a mate, Hallet.
Speaker 1: What do you play off? Just out of interest?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, I think it's nineteen. I'm horrific. I'm terrible. So it's like the good thing is there's not too many people down here, so I'm actually hoping there's no one standing in front of me, Jody, because I'm not kidding, there could be a news story tonight. I'll ring our chief of staff at work and say I've got the league yarn and I'm involved. I'll probably be in prison for killing someone on the course. So I'm just hoping no one gets injured while I played today.
Speaker 2: I just want you to be the guy because very stressful I hear program. Because you with all these pros and also all eyes in you, particular when you're tang off Rennie, you could be that guy that shanks it so hard into the turf that you actually snap. You would that could be me.
Speaker 9: Actually, as I see Casey Stoner who's playing in the Frome today, he's about to see off. So yeah, I'm just hoping he's got a worse thing than me. But I've got a feeling he's going to pipe one down a middle about and undred and sixty meters. But yeah, that's exactly right, Haze. I'm going to be throwing tan from doing all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: Tell me if you miss a part, can you please just for me go get in your home? Why don't you like your whole.
Speaker 9: Don't you want to go home? Don't you want to go? I definitely? Oh are we throwing it all out there.
Speaker 1: Very quickly before we let you go. There is a rumor going around this studio that perhaps the premier Peter Melanowskis might have called you last year and said this live golf thing is it worth me bringing over?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Did you give me a bit of a call and just got to ask a couple of questions, says, you know, what do you think in terms of pros and on. So I went back to him and gave my thoughts and I think he looked at them and went, oh, yeah, okay, none of those work. Good on your mate? Yeah, but yeah, I think he probably he probably had a few people on speed dial and then it came up to me laugh. But yeah, we just had a bit of a chat and about how it may or may not work. But yeah, I'm just so glad we've got it.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 9: It was the event, and I think you're going to be in there on the Sunday. Hopefully we can have a couple together and it's just a great event. I reckon it's almost as good, if not better than gather around.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We spend your time with you and your beautiful wife Sarah there last year, so I can't wait to get along again. Tommy, thank you so much for single handedly bringing live golf to Adelaide, and we appreciate your time.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Don't embarrass yourself today, mate.
Speaker 9: Okay, keep spreading, keep spreading that rumor, Jodey. But by the end of this, I'm the one that created it and did everything. Yep, let's just keep that going.
Speaker 2: All how Tom Wren, that's what you always say.
Speaker 1: What the pork watch the fork. So this was born out of the fact that Abby from the newsroom, who will now from this day forth.
Speaker 2: Be known as Abby Dabby Doo.
Speaker 8: So my uncle Dave, who listens because he likes hearing me say oh t a and he talks to me as I do the news, he used to call me this and it just sparked a memory. I went, oh my god, my uncle used to call me that.
Speaker 2: We just called you that before, said hey Abby date just in the intercom, Hey Abbi Dabby Doo, can you come to this shit? Like, how have we not said this before? I don't know here we are.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're sixteen months into the show. Yeah, and this is the first time it's occurred to us, So feel.
Speaker 2: Free as well when you do your news updates to introduce yourself as happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's I'll just go in and change it for the eight o'clock. Now, dear, what.
Speaker 1: The fot born out of the fact that you used to steal forks? Will probably still do and so we have no forks in our kitchen. Okay, workplace, but there are no forks in workplaces ever.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 8: I feel attacked and I just really you know that I have no longer still falks.
Speaker 4: You don't know, I don't I take them back to the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Check with your mother because you still live at home anyway, Now, Abby, w do you did me a solid last week? You looked after my house for me and my dog was seated. Why we went on holidays for a week. Thank you very much, very kind of you.
Speaker 4: No worries.
Speaker 8: I did, just want to you kept texting, obviously, we spoke all week and you kept asking like.
Speaker 4: How is everything? Is everything okay? You know how you going? And I was like, yeah, yeah, it's all fine, it's all good.
Speaker 8: Something did happen though, and I feel like I probably need to let you know, Rush, there was a murder in your house last week.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there was a murder.
Speaker 8: So obviously I still was coming to work, et cetera, doing my usual sort of shifts. But there was one day where I was out a little bit longer. I bes and I had a few meetings, and so it was just easier for me to stay at work for a.
Speaker 4: Little bit longer.
Speaker 8: So Sid was trapped. And then I hope, so Sid was inside. So Sid had been inside since like four am. So I got home, I think it was about eleven thirty, okay, and no docky door either, There's no doggy door.
Speaker 4: So I walked in.
Speaker 8: I thought, oh, here we go. You know, going to be a few things to clean up. And anyway, I walked in, I was doing bits and pieces. I got my lunch organized, and I went to sit over on the couch and there was a Barbie doll with no arms and no legs.
Speaker 2: No essentially, thank you very much, Sid.
Speaker 8: Sid murdered a Barbie doll. I'm assuming Harper's because she's the youngest.
Speaker 1: It's not Gregs could.
Speaker 4: Have been his type flond hair.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Anyway, so this barbie ripped to smithereens right, and Barbie parts all over the rug.
Speaker 4: So I went and got the.
Speaker 8: Quum and I'm that kidding Barby thoughts that I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Pick up because she'd just chewed it to spitherens.
Speaker 2: Okay, disposing of the evidence.
Speaker 8: Oh correct, God anyway, so I well actually know what no snare can come out of Sid's bank account. Sid O's half for a Barbie boe okay, which Barbie wasn't do We know she.
Speaker 4: Was long and blonde. Interestingly no clothes on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, which is I used to do that back and they used to make them kiss, you know, I used to put them together.
Speaker 1: So Greg walked into the shower once and she's got a heap of Barbies at the bottom of the shower because she sits down and plays with them. Geez, they were strategically placed in the shower. He sent me a photo of them all, all the Barbies in the big bathtub, and he's like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: For the guys's.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four ten? What the fork? What happened on your watch?
Speaker 2: Before we get into a call, I've got producer Emily here because your beautiful, gorgeous husband Michael can sometimes just for a little bit asleep behind the wheel.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was working at an old job. So this was a couple of years ago. Max was not even one yet, and he's like, yeah, no, all good, We're all good. Nothing to report here. I get home late and then I see there's a big scratch on Max's face, like, oh no, what happened? I thought like the dog might have scratched him. Michael fell asleep on the couch. Max was not walking yet, so crawled into the pantry and managed to pull down a four liter jug of vegetable oil and pour it all over himself while Michael was asleep. Excellent oil everywhere.
Speaker 2: I just imagining a baby and was like, glo, just hit his head oil bar.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, sitting twenty four ten. Give us a call. What happened on your watch? Let's go to Jeanine.
Speaker 10: Good morning, going, beautiful people.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Thank you better for speaking with you. What happened? So?
Speaker 10: I was asked to how fit my great Auntie's house, but not being much of a green thumb, she did ask me to look after her bond size. I had to water them a particular time once a week. Unfortunately, being a bit of a party girl back when I was, you know, nineteen twenty, maybe forgot to possibly water every now and then. So she came home six weeks later, and unfortunately the bon size weren't looking too good. Oh my god, ave about twenty of them?
Speaker 2: Twenty in your defense to bonds, eyes are so bloody sensitive.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't even know where to start looking after a bonzize. And isn't there sort of some sort of like I don't know, feelings attached to in terms of the owners and their plants.
Speaker 10: I would say so if she's nurtured them from a very young age. And yes, unfortunately I was not the first great.
Speaker 1: Great meat.
Speaker 2: The other thing that comes with that as well, Jane is bonzas are very expensive if you go out and buy a proper little bonzeye and set you back heaps. But I had three bonzeyes because I thought that were cool in my early twenties. Was really cool.
Speaker 1: You're trying to pick up chicks, isn't it pretty much?
Speaker 2: And all three died almost instantly. I was putting in the right spot. They're supposed to get morning sun, yeah, a certain amount of morning and then all of a sudden, you go there and they're like dead. Yeah, you look at them wrong. They die, sensitive little buggers.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, all the ladies are like, what a gorgeous, beautiful, like sensitive man in touch with his feelings.
Speaker 2: It's a gorgeous brown bonzai you've got there. It's not supposed to do that, is it.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Dionne. What happened on your watch, Dione? One of your young guys.
Speaker 11: Well, a long time ago with me and my friend were house sitting for her parents.
Speaker 2: We had a little party.
Speaker 1: And someone coloring their little dog in colorful textas on.
Speaker 11: The Monday morning, their little white dog was the rainbow?
Speaker 2: Nice? And was it? Was it at all cute or was it infuriating?
Speaker 11: It was probably keep for us, a little bit infuriating for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can you at what point in the evening did someone go get me a crayon? Can you just got a color in the dog?
Speaker 2: Or that moment you go, I've got a great idea, passed me the dog.
Speaker 1: It wasn't actually it was one of our friends.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure, but it was funny.
Speaker 2: So did you did you? Did your friend have to answer to the parents?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she did, you got in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 1: Okay, worth it, worth it, It's so worth it. Good stories, school holidays at the moment. And what's the best thing as a parent that can happen when you take your kids away for the holidays.
Speaker 2: So that grandma says that she will come along on the trip as well and take your kids completely Grandma.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that woman that is exceptional. But I have found in my many, many years of parenting that the best thing that can happen is when your kids make friends with other kids. Therefore, they run off, whether it be at the pool or in a caravan park, and they're occupied, and they're happy with their little mates, and they're not bickering with each other.
Speaker 2: So just to really sort of knuckle down on some small little details young kids as well, okay, because you've got quite a twenty two year old or twenty three years old, yes, and a four hero is probably a certain age where I'm not sure you want to be friends with strangers and then dacking off for a few hours, if you know what I'm mean.
Speaker 1: And also you can make friends for life, like one of my girls made friends with a girl I remember in Fiji with a girl called Lilah, and they're still mats to this. They still like send each other messages on messenger and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, that is beautiful. So you've just been on a trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just went to the Gold Coast, And so what I tried to do is sort of up like a little arranged marriage between Harper and any other child that I deemed suitable.
Speaker 2: The wall.
Speaker 1: No, when I sit there and I assess the children who are playing on their own, and I assess the parents and think they look pretty decent people, and then you try and sort of marry the children up. Don't you do this? No one does this, yes, thirteen twenty four to ten. Please if you arrange little kid marriages when you're away on holidays. Yeah, So we went to the Gold Coast with four year old Harper and we're playing in the pool and there was another little girl in the pool who clearly was hating playing with her brother. And so I go into full arranged marriage mode, right, and I go, oh, Harper, why don't you go and jump in the water with that little girl? And Harper was like, because I don't know her, Mum, I'm like, okay, would you like me to introduce you to her.
Speaker 2: She goes, I'll hev lifting.
Speaker 1: She's like, what does introduce mean? It's like, well, when I say your name's Harper, what's your name, little girl? And then you become friends and she goes, Okay, why don't you go and introduce yourself.
Speaker 2: He came back back with some nice attitude.
Speaker 1: Do you needless to say that didn't play?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That doesn't happen too?
Speaker 1: By the one no, yes it does it does happen thirteen twenty fourteen or text line four double nine nine nine one nine.
Speaker 2: Are you forcibly trying to get your kids to meet other kids at the playground so that they can be entertained by other kids instead of you.
Speaker 1: Also, let's go one step further. Are you an adult who's still friends with the kid that you met on holidays?
Speaker 2: Twenty four kay hashtag tazzy things.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Stacey. Good morning, Stacey Waning? This is the thing, isn't it?
Speaker 10: Padda, This is a thing, isn't it?
Speaker 6: It definitely is.
Speaker 11: But my parents didn't actually have to marry herself. I just always came back with a new best friend no matter where we were.
Speaker 2: I love that social little Chris you were, Stacy.
Speaker 11: Or even now, like I'm thirty now and I go to concerts and stuff by myself my parents, who'd you go with? And I'm like, no one, but I made a friend in mine.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, Stacy.
Speaker 2: That is intense, Stacey.
Speaker 1: How can you remember as a kid how you would initiate the conversation because were you just like, hey, do you want to play with me?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Usually it was just I we'd be playing on the same thing, like I know those like jumping pillows and stuff. Oh yes, yeah, we'd just be playing on the same thing. And then all of a sudden, I've dragged them over to my parents be like, hey, mom, dad, this is my new best friend.
Speaker 1: And then fast forward, Stacy, when you're at concerts and you go by yourself, do you walk up to people and go, hey, do you want to play with me?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: I generally just start talking about the band we're seeing.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: You have a professionally easy way into there. Well there you go.
Speaker 1: Apologize.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, I'm sorry that you psychotically ship your kids out. I was wrong people to do this, so I apologized. You Chagula, it's not a tazzy thing. It's an Adelaide thing now