Speaker 1: On scoring in Zastrolia. This is the Wader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panee Show. I'm Danikiti Giorgio coming up tonight.
Speaker 3: Inflation drops to its.
Speaker 2: Lowest level in four years. Will cut through Labour's spin on the numbers. Donald Trump's new Press Secretary, Caroline Leavitt delivers a takedown of the liberal media. Bartia Ungasadan will join us head of course left.
Speaker 3: He's losing it.
Speaker 4: Can someone tell me what MAGA men find attractive so that I can wear the complete opposite?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Jody me now is News Corps senior writer and columnist at Patrick Carly and Patrick. Nice to see you. Thanks for joining me. Let's start with the latest inflation numbers. It's fallen to its lowest reading since early twenty twenty one. The trimmed mean the Reserve Banks preferred measure dropped three point two percent in the year to December, compared to three point five in October. Headline inflation increased two point four percent in the twelve months to decend, but compared to two point eight in October, and the Treasurer was out spreaking the data.
Speaker 6: On every measure We have now made substantial and sustained progress in this fight against inflation. Inflation was much higher and rising fast under the Liberals, and when we came to office, we've been able to get on top of this inflation challenge and to get it down in a very meaningful way.
Speaker 2: Patrick, What do you make of the numbers and a state and federal government subsidies giving us a false indicator of the clear state of play.
Speaker 7: Look, this is great news for Australians. It's the first time we haven't had a rate cut since November twenty twenty five, and I think we had thirteen rate increases on interest rates this Actually, these numbers do give the Reserve Bank grounds to actually drop into interest rates later this month. Look the political spin on it is fascinating. Jim Chalmers, I think he used the term soft landing at some point today. After three years have been buffeted by rising interest rates, rising power bills and a cost of living crisis that really has really struck Australians hard for so long, to actually suggest that this is a soft landing is pretty ambitious.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 7: Look, it's good news, it's definitely good news, and it might have a bearing on the timing of the federal election given it is the first good news for many, many months for the Albanzi government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but will that cut through to votes after, as you said, years of the cost of living crisis.
Speaker 3: We'll find out now.
Speaker 2: Look, there are warnings that deep seat risks becoming a greater threat to national security than the Chinese owned social media platform TikTok Deep Seek from by China says it's developed an AI model that's almost on par with the best of US offerings like Open ai and chat GPT.
Speaker 3: Patrick, I think this is a worry.
Speaker 2: This is clearly a concern, particularly when it comes to the AI world, but also China.
Speaker 3: How concerned should we be about it in Australia.
Speaker 7: I think we should be slightly terrified, Damika. Look this took the world by surprise. Yesterday we saw the tech stock markets worldwide collapse.
Speaker 1: No one was expecting this from China.
Speaker 7: And look, the securit AI is about collecting data, and we know that China can be the nefarious and it's gathering of data and exposes people. It exposes businesses potentially to the misuse of their data in ways that we probably can't even quite fathom.
Speaker 1: At the moment.
Speaker 7: I think the entire world, all the experts have come out and sort of said, this is scary.
Speaker 1: Watch this space. AI is going to be the future.
Speaker 7: And China has shown again and again that it is interested in using and strategically getting ahead of other nations in the Western world by misusing data. So I think it's a pivotal moment in history.
Speaker 2: This I completely agree, and I do agree. I think we should be terrified by this. Now let's talk about energy. The Nationals leader David Little Proud says the potential coalition government will start work on a first nuclear power plant.
Speaker 3: The very first day if elected.
Speaker 2: Patrick this contradicts previous comments by the coalition that it would take two and a half years of community consultations prior. But regardless of how important is it to have a debate in this country on nuclear and energy, we.
Speaker 1: Haven't been allowed to have a debate, have we for years?
Speaker 7: And the rest of the world, dozens and dozens of countries are rushing to take up nuclear technology, in great part because AI will use up so.
Speaker 1: Much power in the future.
Speaker 7: Look, and the other thing that has been left out in the debate here is renewables aren't going to cut it the entire time. If we don't have nuclear, then we're going to be reliant on gas and to a less extent coal for a long time to come. I think we've been very let down by the lack of debate about nuclear. It may not be the answer, but it certainly should be on the table, and it should have been on the table ten twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: We need a discussion on how we're going to keep the lights on in this country because it's it certainly not happening under the renewables fantasy.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Now this is extraordinary, Patrick. Any public sector project over ten million dollars in New South Wales now needs to undergo a gender impact.
Speaker 3: Assessment before it's a proof of funding.
Speaker 2: The Daily telegraphs reporting that Treasury has imposed gender impact assessments on new budget proposals. So cycle paths, bus routes, drought initiatives and the mandates are designed to challenge the perpetuation of gender norms within policy decisions and highlight how women, men or gender diverse people may have different needs from policies. I mean, Patrick, America's moving away from DEI and this sort of nonsense. Why are we chasing it?
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 7: I look, it was interesting, Danika, wasn't it. The sort of got implemented very secretly back in October last year, obviously because they sort of figured out the wider world and the taxpayers would say, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 1: This is crazy?
Speaker 7: And if you look at some of the retrick that you just referred to, it's talking about harmful in the norms and linking those to attacks on women in public places.
Speaker 1: Well, that's ideology gone mad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've been fighting sexism for decades and decades quite rightly. The idea that this is somehow going to help the fight is.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous, absolutely, especially when you look to America.
Speaker 3: They're fighting against the DEI.
Speaker 2: Yet here US taxpayers are forking out money for these sorts of programs. Please, Patrick Carlin, nice to chat. Thanks very much for joining us on the show this evening.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump has offered an olive branch of sorts to the UK government, praising Kiir Starmer for doing.
Speaker 3: A very good job thus far.
Speaker 2: The US President has even hinted at visiting the UK soon after holding a phone call with the Prime Minister. I mean, did Trump speak to the right person?
Speaker 3: Joining me now?
Speaker 2: Is gb News host Darren Grimes, Darren, great to see you as always, Thanks for joining me. Look, it's all very pleasant. It's very diplomatic, isn't it. But you know, I wonder how that phone call went down if Kio Starmer apologized for his past attacks on Trump and for the comments of members of some of his cabinets, some of whom called Trump a racist, degenerate.
Speaker 8: Well, indeed, it's good to be with you as ever. Look, I think Donald Trump here is just swapping his maga hat for a diplomatic one. You know, at that juncture, it's probably a top hat, given how gentlemanly he was about someone that's been utterly beastly about him. But I do draw the line at praising Kiir Starmer. I mean, you know, Trump saying something nice about this particular leader is really quite astonishing. Indeed, this is a man who has trampled over everything Trump holds deer, whether that be freedom of expression, national sovereignty, national interest. They chake Os Island's military base shared between the British and the US, and frankly Diniko as well, national patience. He certainly tested that once or twice. It's a bit like Jeremy Corbyn, the former Labor leader, hosting a garden party for the Royal family. It's just it's odd, it's weird. But look, this is plain and simple. This is Trump. This is flattery, this is charm. This is the occasional curve ball he likes to keep us all on our toes and especially the international community. But for Kir, I think you're right to ask whether or not he stammered out an apology for all of those absolutely colorful comments that he It's more colorful than one of those trans flags that he and his troops hurled Trump's way over the years. I imagine it went a little something like this, Hello, mister President. Yes, indeed we did call you a racist degenerate. No hard feelings though, okay, and Trump probably just shrugged it off right and said you're doing a great job, better than sleepy Joe, because you know, whilst Joe Biden was incompetent and failing, Keir Starmer is calculated and sinister. And I'll just thend by saying, to hit that home, sixty four percent of Brits now disapprove of Keir Starmer's government. Right, That's the highest on record. It's astonishing stuff.
Speaker 3: Now, it's astonishing, but there you go. You could be getting a visit from Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Maybe you can come over and then clean that UK labor government up, Darren, you.
Speaker 3: Can take over I help and take over. Goodness me put some more in that place. Now.
Speaker 2: Look, more than fifty relatives of asylum seekers have been given permission to come to Britain every day. The number of family members of refugees granted visas to settle has more than trebled in a year. Darren, Why is this happening? I mean there's already a migrant crisis over there. Why are the doors wide open now for relatives as well?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean, look, this is clearly because Britain has endless room. Right, We've got endless resource, We've got taxpayer cash to burn. I mean, forget the house and crisis, the Cumberland healthcare system. We've got the world's most expensive energy bills. But look we've decided to roll out the wealth can mat for every distant cousin and uncle twice removed of asylum seekers that are already here, many of them that have arrived illegally. It's nothing short of national suicide, right, especially when you look at the bigger picture. Just today we found out from the Office of National Statistics that Britain's population is actually on track to hit seventy two and a half million by twenty thirty one. That's three times what Australia currently is, with far less room obviously than Australia as well. I mean, migration alone actually adds five million people in just seven years. And that's not to mention the number of small boat migrants coming over as well, that you guys managed to sort out with a little bit of national interest and well political will that is sorely lacking from all of our lot. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to find out they're on some kind of hormone replacement therapy that they like to talk about so much. Everything from birth rates, death rates, it's all irrelevant now because Westminster's obsession with mass migration, it's tearing apart the national fabric. Just today I've reported on three asylum cases in which there have been knife attacks, stabbings, arrests, imprisonment. It's spiraling out of control and no one in the country wants it. So you know, I can't understand for the life of me why it's happening other than this is the political class showing how very far removed they are from the people that they purport to serve.
Speaker 2: Well, you're right, and it can't go on like this, especially with those population statistics that you just listed out. I mean, where are you going to house all these paper oils? People are under pressure as it is. It's just absolutely extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Now, just stopped oil, Just stop oil. Activists there at it again.
Speaker 2: This time they have interrupted a west End performance of the Tempest in London. The two echo Es ellots climbed on stage to one fell an orange banner which said, over one point five degrees is a global shipwreck.
Speaker 8: Have a look there, several bonds I wicked in comes.
Speaker 10: My mother breast from something, Darren.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it drives me nuts to say this.
Speaker 2: A few weeks ago, to women spray chalk paint on Charles Darwin's grave in Westminster Abbey.
Speaker 3: Now this they're not helping.
Speaker 10: Their cause, are they? Oh?
Speaker 8: Absolutely not. If they were, if they cared one eye auta about their cause, they wouldn't be flying about more times than the US Armed forces, or indeed, you know, they would get themselves over to China, which is burning more call than Sourn's mo door. I mean, this is absolutely fascical. The West End is so taught walk and captured. Though that to be perfectly Frank, I assumed it was part of the performance at first. This is about It isn't about saving the planet. This is about creating chaos for these kinds of activists. This is about control. They don't want you to have your one measly holiday every single year. They don't want you to have cheap access to food and energy costs. They have it all for themselves so they can afford to take on the financial burden, many of them in comfortable middle class positions. They're not equal warriors, ultimately right, They're attention seeking drama queens, which is no doubt why the West End was attacked in the first place. I mean, the irony about screaming about global shipwrecks whilst ruining the performance of a Shakespeare play, the very man who had written a few tons about shipwrecks himself. It's farcical and Darwin's grave, as you mentioned, being attacked with this chalk paint billion idea. These learned middle class idiots, these privileged prats. This is a man that explained evolution. Well, evolution seems to have stopped pretty short for the families that have given birth to Just stop oil idiots, news flash, right, you don't further evolution and advancement of human ideas by kelln Off energy supply and actually showing that you're overgrown toddlers with arts and craft supplies that look like something that's been done in middle school. It's that they're absurd, and the sooner we laugh them all off as we are right now, the absolute better.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'll just lock them up, get rid of them seriously.
Speaker 2: Just you know, you go to the theater, Darren, to watch a play, not to be interrupted by absolute lunatics.
Speaker 3: It really drives me nuts.
Speaker 2: Now, look, I have to ask you about the Ginger and the winda our favorite toothsome Harry and Megan, and what a shocking few weeks they've had. Not only were their lives laid bearing that damning Vanity Fair outicle that were called out for posing in pictures during the bushfire crisis in La. Her Netflix series was delayed, and now Darren her podcast. The podcast is said to be delayed as well. Bumma, I was looking forward to that one as I'm sure you were too, Darren.
Speaker 8: Oh, look I've taken the time off work already.
Speaker 10: I'm absolutely good at them beside myself.
Speaker 8: Look, I've been counting down the days until Beggar blessed us with those dulcet tones of hers talking about how hard life is for a jam making millionaire duchess in Montecito.
Speaker 3: Look, it's been it's been a rough few weeks for the judger to.
Speaker 10: Be fair though, hasn't it right?
Speaker 8: The vanity fair spread laid them bare? The Netflix series is in limbo. Prince Harry accepted an undisclosed settlement sum in his apparent crusade against the press for privacy. And now, of course Megan's podcast been delayed.
Speaker 3: Ough, whoa me?
Speaker 8: I can't bear it. We need to start a goalfund me of something. Honestly, it's probably because right she's running out of people to throw under the bus that this podcast has been delayed because it's so painfully boring that they don't know what to put in it. It's a limited series when your entire personality is based around victimhood and victim narratives. And now, of course we've got the former UK Home Secretary Sowella Bratherman, and she's thrown a spanner in the works, hasn't she by calling on President Trump to release some very important documents.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, actually we have that.
Speaker 2: So of course he was allowed entry to the US in twenty twenty despite having admitted in spare to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms.
Speaker 3: And you're right, this is what Suella Breverman had to say.
Speaker 11: He listen, I think there's a very strong case for President Trump to intervene and to direct the release and disclosure of these documents. The American people should have the right to know what's happened here, Darren.
Speaker 2: So she wants this to be investigated. Do you think he actually will be deported because.
Speaker 8: Back in the UK, well, I mean luck, she's calling on Trump to actually release those visa records, and if they are released, well, according to his memoir, they will indeed find evidence of an admission of drug use, which would have, as you mentioned, Baim from entering the United States. I mean, Harry banned from America. It's enough to make you shuld have because I've got the perfect plan for him. Though a decoy, he wouldn't be welcome here. So maybe you know, we'll ban him his entry or something like that. But if he gets himself into the English channel in a rubber dinghy, we'll probably put him up in a luxury hotel if he claims asylum, and we'll say to him, we'll give you bed board and benefits right up his streets. Sometimes they're five star hotels, Danika, and he can complain about his family and let the British taxpayer pick up the tab. This is the perfect solution for this privileged prince.
Speaker 3: I wonder how he would cope, Darren, But you're right.
Speaker 2: I mean the UK labor's doing it to every single other person that enters the country, then Prince Hurry is no exception. Oh, Darren Grimes, love having a chat with you. Thank you very much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 3: My pleasure.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Still to calm everyone's favorite segment, Left He's Losing It, Plus.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump's who Press secretary delivers.
Speaker 2: A takedown on the liberal media, Bartia Unger Sagan joins me with the details.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for Left. He's losing It.
Speaker 2: Starting with Hollywood has been Glenn close sounding the doomsday alarm about Trump's America.
Speaker 12: I'm a big reader of history, and you know, I mean unfortunately, I think not enough people in this country. I'm just the history and what we've just gotten ourselves into that's very dangerous.
Speaker 2: Well, it's about as dangerous as this next video. Has anyone done a welfare check on old Glenn?
Speaker 5: The sun comes up, the sun goes down in my hair is a symphony all its own. It's so beautiful it takes my breath away.
Speaker 2: She's come a long way from her fatal attraction days, hasn't she? And those days have taken a toll clearly. Now the question has to be asked, why is Hollywood so woke? Well, let's ask actor Anthony Mackie what Captain America represents for him.
Speaker 13: For me, Captain America represents a lot of different things, and I don't think the term, you know, America should be one of those representations.
Speaker 1: Like it's about.
Speaker 14: A man who keeps his word, who as honored dignity and integrity, someone who is trustworthy and dependable.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Captain America doesn't think Captain America represents America. Quite a tongue tie there, And speaking of fatal attraction.
Speaker 4: Can someone tell me what maga men find attractive so that I can wear the complete opposite.
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Oh look out all you maga men.
Speaker 2: Don't make yourselves look too good or else. Now to Donald Trump's executive order on banning trans people from the military, and it's got this trans democrat in it is.
Speaker 15: The military is the largest employer of transgender Americans. You heard up to fourteen fifteen thousand members identify as trans, and fifty six of our retired generals have said that our trans members are.
Speaker 5: Ready to serve, they are fit to serve.
Speaker 3: This will only make our military very.
Speaker 15: Less ready to serve by taking fifteen thousand people who volunteered out of service.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if China is thinking about preparing its military for battle with trans people, because I'm sure a diverse military is.
Speaker 3: Up front of mind for Beijing.
Speaker 2: Now, a quick public service announcement from the folks down in Mexico.
Speaker 3: And let me make something absolutely clear, unless there wasn't.
Speaker 5: Already, if you got it for Trump, you are not allowed in Mexico.
Speaker 6: You are not allowed at Gawos, Cancun, Perto Wayerta Auas Caliendez, none of that.
Speaker 3: Guess what baby, that's all in Mexico. You don't like us, we don't like you.
Speaker 5: Don't go there staying your country.
Speaker 3: Figure it out?
Speaker 2: And who wants to tell her that the difference between Americans going to Mexico on a vakatzionair not to stay there illegally and overwhelm their systems. Now to the bitter Banshee's over at the view and the dim witted Sunny Austin as always who has offered her unusual and crazy use and this time on Trump's deportations.
Speaker 9: The Europeans that come here that oversteer their visas are undocumented, but they don't come across the southern border.
Speaker 3: So I think there's a very clear message.
Speaker 9: As to what this president wants the look of a criminal migrant to look like what an undocumented migrant. And I think that's racist.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, it's racist because he isn't targeting Europeans.
Speaker 3: Does she listen to herself?
Speaker 2: And this is where Sunny probably should have stopped, But no, no, no, she continued with the mumbo jumbo, claiming living in the country illegally isn't a crime.
Speaker 9: An undocumented immigrant is not a criminal because he or she is undocumented.
Speaker 10: That is a civil offense.
Speaker 9: So to call people illegal is in and of itself, I think xenophobic and racist.
Speaker 2: And this is where her IQ, the low IQ shows, because you actually have to legally enter a country.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. It's just so hard for these loans to understand.
Speaker 2: Now to the backlash over Selena Gomez as Britney Spears esque meltdown over deportations, and guess who you could always count on for support, Yes, it's sacked CNN anchor Don Lemon.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 16: Now we live in a time where Selena Gomez, even though she is, you know, a wealthy star, she can't have an opinion. She can't post online how she feels about deportations and immigration without being made funner by.
Speaker 14: The far raid or the maga folks. And just like everybody else, just like you folks who are criticizing her, she can state her feelings online on social media, just like you are.
Speaker 2: Poor Donnie trying desperately to seek relevance, and I know just the fix ppleics keep them coming. It brings tears to my eyes as well.
Speaker 3: Now to the ice truck which has got the lefties panicked.
Speaker 13: Patrol.
Speaker 10: That is so much.
Speaker 2: Just like mister Whippy, these lefties will believe anything, including this conspiracy that Ice is disguising their trucks as ice cream patrol and playing.
Speaker 3: Music to lure undocumented immigrants. Queue the panic, Cue the warnings.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Guys? Quick little message for all all the Latinos out there. I'm just gonna see keep you keep your eyes open, pay attention.
Speaker 3: Eyes open.
Speaker 2: Well, in reality, it was, after all, just your average run of the mill Las Vegas ice cream truck.
Speaker 3: Well done, gullible lefties joining me now?
Speaker 2: Is Newsweek opinion editor Bartia Unger Sagan Bartier.
Speaker 3: Good to see you. Thank you very much for joining me this evening.
Speaker 2: Let's start with illegal crossings, because there were less than six hundred recorded at the southern border on Sunday, a dramatic plummet from the thousands regularly encountered at the height of the Biden administration's border crisis.
Speaker 3: Bartia, how significant is this?
Speaker 2: As I said, at its peak, more than six thousand people were sometimes encountered at the Southern border. How big of a testament is this to Donald Trump?
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for having me. It's always so great to be here with you. This is a huge deal. This is why Donald Trump was elected. This is his mandate. This was the immigration election because for working class people, who are the people who gave Donald Trump his victory, immigration is an economic proposition. When you flood the country and you flood the market place with millions and millions and millions of illegal immigrants, those people end up competing for jobs with Americans and driving down the wages in working class industries. Step one to getting working class people higher wages is controlling the supply of labor. And that is really what Donald Trump is doing. Promises made, promises kept. It's clear that the cartels who traffic these humans into America know that there is a new sheriff in town and that he's very very serious about what he's doing, and he's taken on a multi pronged approach. They've started the mass deportations of people here illegally, including many criminals. He has also empowered ICE agents to actually do their jobs protecting the homeland. And then he has empowered the Border Patrol by designating these cartels as terrorist groups. And so in all of these ways, Donald Trump is not supporting the American people, not just doing what the American people sent him to do. But he's supporting the working class men and women and going out there and doing these very difficult and very dangerous jobs. And let me tell you, Deniga, this is really unifying. You have the mainstream media out there wailing about the rights of these people. Well, first of all, illegal immigrants do not have constitutional rights. You have people like Selena Gomez weeping about the removal of murderers and rapists from this country. But you take those elites out of it, and Americans are breathing a sigh of relief. And that's whether they're Democrats or Republicans. This is a very unifying issue. And if the Democrats don't figure out how to talk about immigration in a way that is respectful to the American people, it's going to be very hard for them to come back from this.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and this was a kay election mandit, as we know, and Donald Trump is delivering already a week in office.
Speaker 3: I think it's from afar.
Speaker 2: It is wonderful to see a leader who is just getting down to business.
Speaker 3: It's terrific.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about the new Press Secretary, Caroline Leavitt, who really appeared to nail her.
Speaker 3: First performance at her first press conference.
Speaker 5: Have a look at peace the thirty five hundred arrests aces meve so far since President Trump came back into office.
Speaker 17: Can you just tell us the numbers how many have a criminal record versus those who are just in the country illegally, all of them because they illegally broke our nation's laws and therefore they are criminals as far as this administration goes.
Speaker 3: I know the last administration didn't see it that way.
Speaker 17: So it's a big culture shift in our nation to view someone who breaks our immigration laws as a criminal.
Speaker 3: But that's exactly what they are.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what a star. She was prepared, She was ready to go. Is this a taste of what press briefings will be like from now on? No nonsense and straight to the point.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely. And I think the pride with which she delivered the administration's position to a room full of aggressive journalists who are, you know, clutching their pearls at this This is what you're going to see again and again from the administration. I think in his first term, Donald Trump really struggled to understand how to speak to the American people when you had the media in the way, lying about him constantly putting their values ahead of those of the American people, and not so this time around. He has figured it out. He has come in like an assassin. He knows exactly what to do, exactly the right people for the job are to get it done. You look at Tom Homan, he's just like Caroline Levitt, a happy warrior out there, proud of the job that he has been given to do to protect the homeland and protect the American people. And I don't know if you were following this, but over the weekend, the president of Columbia refused to allow the repatriation of a plane full of column criminals who Donald Trump was sending home. And immediately Trump, who was by the way golfing at the time, hopped on truth Social and said, that's it, sanctions, tariffs, We're not putting up with this, And within forty five minutes, the president of Colombia was offering his presidential plane to bring those criminals home to Columbia. We are not messing around anymore.
Speaker 3: And as an.
Speaker 5: American, I can't tell you how amazing it feels to have a president who is doing exactly what we elected him to do. This is what democracy looks like and all those lefties were trying to convince us he was a threat to democracy. It is the exact opposite. We are getting what we voted for. And it feels amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I must have. I'm quite jealous.
Speaker 2: It's just not to say that there is a good lead in this world. And I think you write such a good point. He's got credible team around him. He's just picked the right paper for the job. And I think it's a testament to his strong businessman assets.
Speaker 3: So I think it's absolutely terrific to see.
Speaker 2: Now, Bartia, we finally have an update on those mysterious drones which had been flying around New Jersey.
Speaker 10: Here we go.
Speaker 17: I do have news directly from the President of the United States that was just shared with me in the Oval Office from President Trump directly an update on the New Jersey drones. After research and study, the drones that were flying over New Jersey in large numbers were authorized to be flown by the FAA for research and various other reasons. Many of these drones were also hobbyists, recreational in private individuals that enjoy flying jones in meantime. In time, it got worse due to curiosity. This was not the enemy, Bartier.
Speaker 2: At least we know that they weren't foreign, But does it still raise questions? Is this for It feels like the mystery is almost deepened.
Speaker 5: It's amazing because I remember the moment that I knew that this was not a danger. It was because Donald Trump, at the time, not the president, just a you know, a person running for president, got up there and said, you know that he basically did not think it was a foreign threat, and it was clear that he had been briefed.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 5: I think most of these were planes, and a lot of the footage it looks like drones, but if you look at it a little bit longer, you can tell that they're actually planes. So I do think there was a bit of a sort of moral panic here. But certainly people just feel a lot safer in general knowing that Donald Trump is in charge, and so I think people's sort of willingness to feel like we're under threat is a little bit lower now because things seem a little bit calmer overall globally thanks to the leadership here at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough, absolutely, though I think, god the mystery still deepens.
Speaker 3: We still want to know what the research is now.
Speaker 2: It is all over for lefty and anchored Jim Acosta, who was announced he is leaving the network.
Speaker 3: Have a listen.
Speaker 18: It's never a good time to bow down to a tyrant. I've always believed it's the job of the press to hold power to account. I've always tried to do that here at CNN, and I plan on going doing all of that in the future. One final message, don't give into the lies, don't give into the fear.
Speaker 1: Hold on to the truth and a hope.
Speaker 3: Gosh, what a loser. Good riddance.
Speaker 2: And here is one of his best moments from the archives just last week.
Speaker 18: This is not Fox, Congressman.
Speaker 3: You can't just spin a tail and pull the wool out.
Speaker 18: Of people's eyes.
Speaker 1: This is CNN, this is the news.
Speaker 5: We're asking that out and.
Speaker 1: Tell the truth.
Speaker 3: And that's why more people are watching the cartoon network.
Speaker 5: SpongeBob reruns right now.
Speaker 1: Jim.
Speaker 3: And here he was being shut down by Donald Trump.
Speaker 19: Since you're attacking us, can you give us a question, mister prison elect present elect. Since you are attacking our news organization, can you give us a zation? You are attacking our news organization, and you give us a chance to ask a question, Sir, sir, can you stay mist President elect? Go ahead, you say question.
Speaker 10: No President like, can you give us a don't be remaining us?
Speaker 5: Can you give us a question?
Speaker 1: Don't be any question?
Speaker 3: And you're not going to give you can stay?
Speaker 5: Are fake news?
Speaker 3: Bye bye?
Speaker 2: Jim Batiyah is the fight News finally patering a out.
Speaker 5: It's so amazing watching that clip now, because at the time, of course, the atmosphere in the country was very different. The media had a lot more power and a lot more of a lock on how information was distributed. And we know that when it comes to the mainstream liberal media. Actually the mainstream media overall in America about ninety six percent of journalists our Democrats are liberals, are progressives, They're from the left. And so they had this lock on the dissemination of information. And they were constantly portraying Donald Trump as a white supremacist and a white nationalist and a racist and a totally evil, completely dastardly character, and many Americans believed it. And now what's ended up happening is ten years later, eight years later, you have really a big difference in how Donald Trump is perceived. Millions and millions of Americans realized that they were being lied to by the mainstream media, that Donald Trump actually had their best interests at heart and actually agreed with them on the vast majority of the issues, so much so that he was able to run this unity consensus campaign and flood to victory through, you know, winning the popular vote. So that whole situation of how Trump was lied about so successfully in the first time around, and then he ended up being the proof of concept of how evil the media is, how much they lie, how big the gap is between where the media is and where the American people are, to where people just stopped paying attention and stopped listening and voted for the man that they thought would have their best interests at heart, and just circumvented the media altogether. Now, I think what we're going to see here is CNN is clearly trying to regroup, and what they're trying to do now is get back to the center, is to reflect the truth rather than the Democrats party line the way that they've been doing for the last ten twenty years. And it'll be very interesting to see if they succeed in doing so. One thing is certain, Danika, is these people are completelyffeckless and craven. They don't have an original thought in their head. The mainstream media in America, they're herd animals, and so they just follow each other. So I think the fact that CNN is getting rid of some of this very left leaning pro Democrat talent signals that there is going to be a shift as the media tries to become profitable again. I do think it's a little too late for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agrede too little too late for sure. Now dozens of top former intelligence officials are urging members of the Senate to confirm Donald Trump's nominee for Director of National Intelligence, Tulsi Gabbard. It comes as she faces scrutiny from some senators have been quite critical of her intelligence expertise. Bartia, Why is she under a lot of pressure here? Because I note that she's a military officer, She's got more than twenty years of service and multiple combat deployments.
Speaker 3: Do you think that she will get this role?
Speaker 5: It's going to be tight, And the reason for that is because Tulsi Gabbard represents a threat to the worst parts of the entrenched deep state. Taulsi Gabbard is a woman who has said that her core belief when it comes to foreign policy is when it comes to fighting terrorism, she is a hawk, and when it comes to counterproductive wars of regime chi she is a dove. This is the America First foreign policy. And of course the Forever War's crew, which runs very deep in the Deep State, absolutely hate this idea that there would be wars that are none of our business that we should absolutely not be engaged in, or on the flip side, that we should have a zero tolerance policy for terrorism. They like it the opposite. They love to negotiate with terrorists, and they love to get involved in all sorts of wars that have nothing to do with us and turn people who are not our enemies into our enemies. The other thing that Tulsey Gabbert has been very vocal about is Paiza warrens amazingly she doesn't believe that the government should be spying on United States citizens. Well, this is a step too far for many of our elected officials, and honestly, her best asset may be the thing that ultimately sinks her in this race. I really hope she gets confirmed. She's a brilliant woman, a patriot, a hero, a veteran. I mean, what could you want more? She's great looking.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, she's like everybody else.
Speaker 5: In Dinald Trump's cabinet, brings so much to the table. And the very things that are her greatest strengths are the reasons that they don't want to confirm her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also she clearly loves America. It's just extraordinary that this has been delayed so much. Now, let's talk about the situation in the Middle East. Nama Levy, one of the four female IDF soldiers released from her Musk captivity at the weekend, has spoken for the first time, saying, after four hundred and seventy seven days, I'm finally home. I'm safe and protected, surrounded by a family and friends, and feel better every day. During the first fifty days since October seven, I was most of the time alone. After that, I was captive with my fellow observers and citizens who gave me strength and hope. We held each other strong until the day of release and after it. But yeah, you know, one can't even imagine what she and the other hostages have gone through.
Speaker 3: I think it's a reminder this is not Ava.
Speaker 2: There are still hostages being held captive, and we still don't know how many are alive or date.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, thank god these girls are starting to come home. I think it was extremely important to get them home. Honestly, when the enemy has your women, I don't think there is too high a price to get them back. I know most Israelis don't feel that way. They feel very worried about the terrorists who are being released from prison. I was speaking to somebody who was very close with a judge in the West Bank who put a lot of these guys in prison, and to see them coming out, it's very difficult to see. But honestly, Israel needs to figure out how to police these terrorists and how to protect its citizens. Getting those hostages out is unbelievably, unbelievably important. And I don't think anyone has to worry that Donald Trump is going to allow Israel to end up in a worse situation than before he assumed office. We've never had a president who is so pro Israel. I think that he's playing the long game. I think he has his sights set on normalization with the Saudis, and I think that that's the lens through which Donald Trump is proceeding here. He wants peace in the Middle East. He wants an economic normalization deal with the Saudis for America, and he wants one for Israel. And that is going to take some really creative thinking about how to rescue not just the hostages, but the citizens of Gaza from the Hamas terrorists and barbarians who oppress them as much as they do.
Speaker 3: The israelis no your spot on absolutely.
Speaker 2: And it was interesting, Bartia, because President Trump has actually invited the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nenyahu to visit the White House next week and become the first foreign leader hosted by the President.
Speaker 3: Bartia, How significant is this?
Speaker 2: The Israeli Prime Minister, I've got to say, has all but been abandoned by Western allies at a critical time of need. Why do you think that Trump is taking the time to get him now over to the United States.
Speaker 5: I think he is buttering him up to make a very difficult ask, maybe something about Palestinian statehood. Trump has a lot of leverage when it comes to Israel because he has been such a friend of Israel, and there are things he wants in return, things that may be difficult for bebing a tan Yahoo to give him, and I think that's a great thing. I mean, you know, sometimes your friends need you to give you the tough love, and there's nobody on this planet who can give Israel that like Donald Trump can. I think he's thinking really big. His first term, he got the Abraham Accords done, which if that hadn't happened, God forbid, I cannot even imagine what the last two years would have been like for Israel. There's no way they could have waged the war that they just did against MS if they did not have the backing implicit, albeit from the moderate Sunni Gulf states, And so you really have a different Middle East forming here very much under the guidance of Donald Trump, and I'm very interested to see what he has planned next.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I'll be interested to see if that meeting goes ahead.
Speaker 3: Now, before we let you go, I've got to ask.
Speaker 2: You about the transgender issue in the military. Six trans members are now suing Donald Trump over that executive order banning trans people from serving a Trump of course, signed the order, claiming transgender people sexuality conflicts with a soldier's commitment to an honorable, truthful, and disciplined lifestyle Bart. Yeah, I've got to say, I don't think that Trump will do anything, nor would he be worried about these six personnels suing him.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think so either. The thing that your viewers have to understand is that what Trump is doing is dividing the LGB from the t QIA plus whatever whatever. Trump is unbelievably pro gay. In fact, he has just appointed the highest ranking out proud gay person in American history, Scott Bessent to the Secretary of Treasury. Scott is married to his husband. They have beautiful children that they're raising in a beautiful home. Trump is very pro gay, but he does not believe that the trans agenda should be something that is seen as on a par with the gay agenda. I think he very much sees the transgender issue in a very different way. Many people, I think today are starting to see transgenderism as something akin to a mental illness rather than akin to being gay. And I think that the position that the administration is taking is that there are two genders. That is the view of the United States right now under this government, and that there is a difference between saying we believe that every person should be treated with dignity and protected from discrimination and saying that we endorse this as a worldview that we think should be spreading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're absolutely spot on them.
Speaker 2: But look good on him, as we said, Bati, Yeah, that he's taken control from the begin Bartia Unga Sagan, It's always a pleasure to.
Speaker 3: Speak with you. Thanks so much for your time this evening. Thank you so much. Snika Godez coming up.
Speaker 2: The Melbourne man forced to leave a venue all because he wore a Maga hat joins me to explain what happens next. A popular Melbourne venue has come under fire after it threatened to kick out a regular patron if he refused to take off his red Donald Trump Maga cap and not says he was told by management at the Captain Baxter that he was inciting political trouble.
Speaker 3: Would you believe?
Speaker 2: And I'm pleased to say, and not adjoins me now and look, first off the bat, I've.
Speaker 3: Got to say power to you. You're still rocking your Maga hat today.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 13: I'm very happily wearing it. I've got so many of them so they're not going to be going away for any time soon.
Speaker 3: No, good on you.
Speaker 2: Where with pride do whatever you feel you need to do. I've got to ask you, how do you feel now a few days after this happened, about being told that you were inciting political trouble because of that hat?
Speaker 13: Still embarrassed. It's far from the truth. I was definitely not there to incite any political trouble. I've worn the hat there four times in a row. There's more of a chance of me inciting trouble wearing my cart and football club hat in a Collingwood Cheeres squad. So to be told that I was going to incite trouble at a pub is just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And I've got to ask me, what if you were wearing a hat that said Kamala Harris or Free Palestine, for example, do you think that the same rules would apply there?
Speaker 13: I think I would have been given a round of drinks. But if anyone's got a Biden or a Kamala hat, I'm more than happy to wear it for about half an hour and try myself back at the same venue again and see what happens. But I can pretty much say it did have that vibe where if I was wearing that hat, nothing would have been raised at all.
Speaker 2: What does it say do you think about the state we're in society right now that that hat would cause so much fewer or what does it say about where we're at in Australia.
Speaker 13: I'm actually concerning because I've been wearing this hat for the last eight months. No one's actually said anything at all the whole time I've been wearing it. I am a Donald Trump supporter as well, so I wear it proudly. But in the last two three days it's been I've been in a lot more attention and a lot of it is positive, which is good, but it just makes you wonder when is things going to start leveling up. We're quite exhausted, sort of bounding down to a minority at the moment, and I think things just need to change slightly a bit better.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think if Donald Trump's taught us anything in the last week is that these sorts of conversations are no longer controversial. You don't have to be hide away from being a Donald Trump supporter. Do you think that you were discriminated against?
Speaker 13: I was definitely embarrassed in terms of discrimination. That well, that's something I'm seeking advising because it was just very surprising that it's a venue I go to very often. I'm known thereby by staff and security. And as I said, I've worn the hat there four weekends in a row and nothing was ever mentioned. And then all of a sudden, on Sunday, it was brought up to me that I had to leave if I didn't take the hat off. And I did take the hat off and carried on with the day, but it left a really awkward taste in my mouth. And then it was the next morning I realized I should make a complaint because when I did say I'll be taking this further, I was patronized by the venue manager that said, look, do what you want. It's going to fall on deaf ye's So nothing's going to happen even if you didn't make a complaint.
Speaker 3: So we are now this week unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Well, you're you're a proud Donald Trump supporter, and as I said, it's really great to see that you're still rocking that hat.
Speaker 3: You're staying true to yourself as you should be.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be you shouldn't be embarrassed to wear a MAGA hat. For goodness, say it's twenty twenty five. I think people need to loosen up. The world needs to loosen up, and I'm sure you would agree. There ed not nice to speak with you. Thanks for joining us on the show this evening. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. Good night,