Speaker 1: Approche production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Secrets of the Underworld. I am Neil the Muscle comments. Welcome back to the Secrets of the Underworld. In this episode, I'm gonna be sitting down with one of my producers having a Q and A from fans and himself, which I am nervous as fuck. But anyway, let's get on the way.
Speaker 1: Let's go, mate. It sounds a bit more enthusiastic about.
Speaker 2: I don't like being under the fucking under the spotlight, and I don't like getting interviewed.
Speaker 1: So I've worked as a as a like a doormant at the cross during like hectic times you've been shot at before.
Speaker 2: I don't talk.
Speaker 1: I've well, you can't. You can't knock me, mate, It's all on camera, so don't be too mean about it. This is fine. We've got a whole bunch of different questions. Stuff to do with the questions, that's the problem. But that's the beauty of it. Made to ask you anything, and that's what we're going with. We'll start off nice and easy in hew some some more personal questions.
Speaker 2: Oh they're not easy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. This is an interesting question because we know what you've done for a living. But what did you what did you want to be when you grew up when you were younger, what did you dream of.
Speaker 2: Actually being a soccer player footballer?
Speaker 1: Really? And what happened there.
Speaker 2: When I when I with my mates got pissed fucking mcgirl's fucking nightclubs and they all went down.
Speaker 1: Did you get anywhere with it?
Speaker 2: Or I did in the UK? Yeah? I must have met in the UK? Did you know? I was on the Pools books. Then I went to Bristol City. Then I went to Shrewsbury, which is not big clubs, and you know it's I came over to it here for a new challenge. And I didn't realize in Australia was ten years behind every fucking cunt okay, And it was because when I got there, you know, I was down in Wollongong and the first thing they said to me, have you got a job? And I said, why do we need a job for? And then they said you need the job to fucking help?
Speaker 1: Was being a dorm in your first job? When your candles right?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 1: What was some of the previous jobs? Yet?
Speaker 2: I worked in a fruit market and I worked at the I also worked at Flemington's fruit market too.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, doing like doing the.
Speaker 2: Lifting heavy spuds and onions and all that ship.
Speaker 1: They didn't have you. You weren't going you know, twenty.
Speaker 2: Five nah fuck no, oh no, not with this accent, No fucking way. But I actually enjoyed that driving the forklts and that was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, but you're you're a big unit. You're a big guy.
Speaker 2: I'll take that as a compliment.
Speaker 1: You're lifting, is that where it started? Like you're bodybuilding?
Speaker 2: Like, no, I've always even when I was playing soccer, I always tried to, you know, go the way to do the weights and lift heavy. Like I remember when I was in the markets, I lifted three bags of spuds on my shoulders, which is the spuds with fifty kilo bags, so the undred and fifty kilos on my shoulders.
Speaker 1: Wow, this question is I love this question because now talking about you know, your physic, how much you lift?
Speaker 2: Why is everyone fucking that's a typical fucking male, fucking thing to say. I don't know, Like I've benched two twenty two twenty in my prime two twenty and that was only fucking five years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, so you passed your prime now.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not past my fucking prime. It's just when I was fucking more into it and like I was trying to compete. So I'm not past my fucking prime. Two twenty twenty twenty and I've done six six twenty on leg press.
Speaker 1: Wow, keeping this nice? This is I'm going to keep it nice and that's all right. Do you have any pets?
Speaker 2: Fuck? Yeah, I have. I have two dogs, British bulldogs, two cats.
Speaker 1: What's your preference? Are you a cat man or a dog man?
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm a dog man, but the cats make me relax. Yeah, It's it's funny how the cat can make me relax because I look at it and it's like a big fucking tiger. But my dogs, and my dogs like the loyalist, fucking I love the way the loyal to me and the girl for walks with me. And yeah, so I'm a dog man, but I love my cat. They make me, as I said, relaxed one tomorrow, I'm stressed.
Speaker 1: There's something something kind of cute about you know, more like you just pating little kittens on your cout. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always want pussies on my cou.
Speaker 1: You know, you sound like a sweetheart just for a split second. For those that don't know, I really stir you a lot producing this podcast. You give me a hard time, I do give you a hard time, so that that's not going to change.
Speaker 2: This especially does my reels every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the one that does reels every week and then deals with your complaining all the time. Let's look at let's get into your life as a as a bodyguard. I know that in other episodes we've spoken about this before. What was your first day like on the doors when you got to the infamous level of you working the cross and working with John?
Speaker 2: Like, so, what was like working for John on the doors the first time? My first time working for John on the doors was I must admit it was. It was nerve wracking because I knew whose door it was. I was nervous as fuck in case I made a mistake. And yet I've been doing it prior to this, probably how many years been seven years prior to be working on his doors, and I felt like it was my first time on the doors. I just didn't want to make a mistake and I wanted to show that I was worthy to be on his doors. And as I said, when I first found seeing Tongue and Sam and I said low to him, I wanted this job, That's what I wanted. I remember shaking his hand and saying, I want your fucking job, And that's that was my aim. I didn't. I never want to just be a dormant. I never wanted die. I wanted to be more than what just the dormant. What was the more than a dormant?
Speaker 1: You wanted to do that?
Speaker 2: I wanted to be a body guy. If I was going to do security, it was always a bodyguard, not to like John and it was I never thought of that. It was just that if I'm going to do security, it's got to be for a purpose. And that was the purpose, to be a bodygud.
Speaker 1: So you spent a lot of time work the doors in King's Cross and looking after all kinds of people that would come into the place. For a person like me who gets denied all the time for what she is, I'm wearing what actually happens in the VIP room and what is some of the craziest things you've seen happen in there?
Speaker 2: What of my what's the craziest thing? Listen, It depends whose VIP room it is like ritually, you know what it does. It depends whose VIP. If you're if you're somebody, you'll get away with it. If you're nobody and you've just fucking hide it, then you're just a normal person. I've seen people have sex in the VIP rooms openly have it, you know. I've seen fucking drugs all of the tables, and there's no hide in it. It's it just depends whose it is, whose VIP is. There's probably I've seen a lot of sex, a lot of sex, a lot of sex.
Speaker 1: Have you ever a partagon?
Speaker 2: I have not such a part in it, the VIP sex. And I didn't watch. I just see and I went, well, ship and then let's let's make sure no one's looking at that one.
Speaker 1: He didn't watch.
Speaker 2: No, definitely didn't watch, especially with the people I knew it was.
Speaker 1: It was who's the who is like, who is the biggest name you've seen getting up to that kind of mischief in the VIP room? Fuck plot?
Speaker 2: Okay, probably the biggest person. I'll go a little bit down because he's not the biggest, but he's his father's big would be what's his name that his father owns Virgin.
Speaker 1: Ransom.
Speaker 2: Yes, his son, his son was having sex in the VIP room and so and and King's Cross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you just sat and watched.
Speaker 2: Well in the day, I was looking after him that night.
Speaker 1: And so when something like that happens and you're looking after someone, do you have to stay there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But you know what you can if either turned the blind guy as long as no one else sees it, and as long as a girl is like five of it, and she was because she was that was his missus. And they just got a bit too much on the drugs and that's it. But then they went to finish it off downstairs and the.
Speaker 1: Toilet, and you had to allow that as well.
Speaker 2: Well. I had to walk with him to make sure the one got in the fucker disabled.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm a knock back a person in a wheelchair, because that's quite a job. How did you start working with more high profile people? What was the gateway to that was?
Speaker 2: That was was probably my look that probably got me into a lot of jobs. My luck, my posture and probably be me in too professional I am. I'm I'm very professional at my job. I tried, you know, if my standards tie whatever, job I'm doing in that kind of industry, and that's always been but it'd be mostly my posture it guess me, and you're just standing tall, standing tall, and the staunch they.
Speaker 1: Go kids, work on your prospects, stand up.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh. Sticking with like nightclub stuff. You mentioned drug use in the VIP room. What's the most amount of gear you've ever seen in this been in the same.
Speaker 2: Room, Oh, because the most master gear I've seen. Well, now this is testing, because it's just gonna get me interrot.
Speaker 1: Allegedly for.
Speaker 2: See this this two incidence here. Okay, there's there's been like a lot of parties I've been to in the hotel rooms where I've seen like a lot of fucking cocaine on a table and it's filled the whole fucking table and then we've made a massive line from it. But then again, I've also been in a room where I've probably seen on a on a dining table probably maybe one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Pills one hundred thousand, yeah wow.
Speaker 2: And they're putting them into bags.
Speaker 1: So a room with some people that probably shouldn't get caught with Yeah wow, Hey, I hour of a thousand pills is crazy, Like did you see how these kind of came about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a there was a time when I went with a mate and he said, I've got to go to seven eleven and I said what for? And he says, I've just got to get some loaves of bread and I've got to drop some off to my to my mates because you know they've for lunch and all like that. So that quickly had to go for a run in the car. I said, all right, I fucking know, I'm thinking, why is this so for an agent to go for a fucking life of this fucking bread man?
Speaker 1: What time is this you're talking You're talking.
Speaker 2: About nine o'clock at night, and I'm thinking, what the fuck? So we were driving in the car and back then you know, you got you're in a fucking old commodore and you're fucking driving around s s and then fucking all of a sudden he stops in the middle of the road and I go, are you doing it? And he goes, wait, they're coming to they're picking up my loaf. And now was what what are you talking about? And this car would stop. Why is winning down? He put his winner down? Look for bed, go over the over to him and go, what the fuck you do? What the fuck are you seriously, You're just going to seven to eleven himself.
Speaker 1: This is like a drive by. Yeah, breadeck change, bread exchange.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, like when we get back, he goes what the fuck was all that about? And he just goes bro and then he opens up the bread and he just goes see and he got it's all cut. The bread was all cut in the middle, and there's all the fucking drugs stuck in the middle of the bread, the loaf of bread. So fucking what's it called fucking wonder wall whatever it's called? Fucking I was gonna say, what fucking whole meal is fucking get spread around? Or would you want multi grain or do you want fucking white? Like what what the fuckro you know what I mean? But it was just that's how they used to do it back in the day.
Speaker 1: Just bread runs, bread runs.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know I was going to drop off, that's the thing. Well, I just thought I was just going for fucking like a legit, going to pick up bread, you know what I mean. And then he tells me when he gets home and here like he oms up the bread and it's got it. It is. It was just like a fucking you know when you get a sudge on the and the sausage in the middle and then you just see it. It's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Okay? And what's the most amount of cash you've said?
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of cash because I used to do a lot of collecting.
Speaker 3: I've seen a lot of a lot of collecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the most amount you've had to collect?
Speaker 2: Uh, what I've succeeded with it? Or of or about to go and get give me that you're probably looking about. I want to collect, but maybe six k that's it. But then the most I have in my hands legitly legit Umm, you're probably maybe talking maybe two hundred k, two hundred k in nuts? Yeah, have is that?
Speaker 1: Did you feel it? You've covered that much cash?
Speaker 2: And there I was. I wasn't feeling. I was just looking at it saying, funk, I'm going to get away with this.
Speaker 3: How can I do a sneaky on?
Speaker 1: And have you ever No, I don't know that's a professionalism. Have you you speaking about the amount of a lot of drugs you've seen.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of drugs.
Speaker 1: Have you ever partagon in drugs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, I've always been. I'm ashamed to say that I've partaken. I've had my fun with drugs.
Speaker 1: Right, had your phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Have my phone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: What about when it came to working out? Did you ever get on the gear? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not ashamed to say, yeah, I've abused the gear. I've abused the gear more than I abused party drugs. You know. I used to abuse it so much that you know, I could put five meals in one day, and then five and probably maybe four hours later, ten meals in one day because I thought I was shrinking, you know what I mean, for my shirts were loose on me. Then I think I was shrinking. So I go to the fucking my mate put front of five meals in me. Then I take probably in a carry the Dinabol pills, which you know were oral pills. When I was on the doors, I probably could carry about maybe thirty to forty pills in my pocket and taken my night in case I shrunk. It was that bad?
Speaker 1: And what made you like because obviously you don't seem to be that bad now.
Speaker 2: No, I've contained it, I think, what more helped me was when I started to compete, and then I started talking to people you know about the gear and they knew it because they were bodybuilders, and how to you know, do it properly? But before that, you know, I was I was banging it in my chest, banging it in my arms everywhere, just to make things grow here.
Speaker 1: What's agerally, feel like you're your ideal size now? No? Never fucking way you want to do the girl small?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I feel so. I'm small at the moment. This is small for me now.
Speaker 1: I know why when I say you're looking a bit thin, you get to King's Cross has a pretty notorious reputation, especially back in the day. What's your view of the Cross now?
Speaker 2: Shit? Absolutely, shit, terrible. Like as I said to people, you go on the Cross now, it's not about the Coca cola sound, It's about the Wolff sound on the left hand side. It's it's all family orientated. Now there's people pushing prems. You wouldn't see that, you know. I mean, it's terrible. No nightlife anymore. It's all derelict. It doesn't matter if you've got a few night clubs still left there. The place is gone. To shit.
Speaker 1: It's terrible, and do you think like obviously lockout laws were a big, massive part of that, but you were kind of there as that era.
Speaker 2: I got out in two thousand and and just on twenty forty I got it.
Speaker 1: So you were there when lockolence on the cross was mass closing an issuhuge that.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that was should have been the main issue for the cross, because there was a violence all over Sydney. You know, the George Street ivy had the same thing, the same deal, Circular Key had the same deal. You go down to Wollongong and they sayd the same deal. But the Cross was made as a point because of the cross, and they closed it down because they always think it's biking instead of starting the tuble. It was never bikings, it was it was just okay, there was a few instances that shouldn't have happened, but the end of the day, instance happened all over Sydney, all over for Queensland, you know what I mean. So it shouldn't be just one area, but I know it was generated everywhere. But that's an iconic place, King's Cross where everyone you you come over from overseas and that's what you're f this and you want to see King's Cross because the coke sign. You know, back in the day, they came to see the trainneys, they came to see the fucking ship clubs. And now it's just gone.
Speaker 1: Do you miss it?
Speaker 2: Do I miss King Truss? Yeah? Yeah, But I'd never go back now because it's not an error to go back. It's just it's the young generation of ruined it.
Speaker 1: You say, like other people have ruined it. And it wasn't just bikes. And we'll get into the bike stuff a bit later. Who are the worst people to say lined up to come into a club? I think the category of people that are kind of coming.
Speaker 3: For Paramata gonn this fuck fucking hell.
Speaker 2: Anyone who wore tns there you go. I mean, that's the fucking mullets, the fucking rats tails. Then you know you are, you're walking in with for your Paramta, but you're not what I mean, fuck you.
Speaker 1: Know they were like I asked me this, then, is there someone in the tarns from Paramount in your line? Are they worse? What's worse that person that you just described or seven wines deep blonde woman.
Speaker 2: The end?
Speaker 1: Still I would have thought some of the ladies would have been really difficult to do with.
Speaker 2: The ladies with the trainees were really the trainees were terrible. And some of the trainees that I believe or not, would turn up and they've got a driver's license with a male on it, but they're fucking dressed as a female. How then am I supposed to recognize you?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? So when I go, that's not you, what do you think do you think they're gonna one took the fucking shoe off.
Speaker 3: To throw at me, and it was, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it's the girls were never that bad. Actually, it's that, you know, you get some guys who would be in the line and they'd stand there by some fucking hot girls and they go, this is my girlfriend And I go, oh, yeah, what's this and she go, oh, sure, you know what I mean, because that's how they used to get them, you know what I mean. It's it was always the ones with the tns couldn't get in, so they get the hottest girls to walk in. What's their birthday? It's a birthday party? Can we come in? Oh what's your date of birth? Or what's this or what's your girlfriend's name? Or whose birthday is it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Whose birthday is it? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's but why wouldn't you just let people in the like? Because I've done that. We've all done that way with the girls.
Speaker 2: Back back then, there was a certain crowd that was that had to come into that club, and then it deteriorated over the over the years. But the thing is, I was told, don't let this this kind of criteria into the club, and it was always the same ones. You know, I've cut people's hair on the door to let them in. I used to have scissors on the door to cut people's hair, and I used to collect them in the in the meter box. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I used to make a serial killer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to cut them off. They've been kept, they've been grown their hair for fifteen twenty eight years, and I cut it off just so that you get in the club.
Speaker 1: You still got some of that hare.
Speaker 2: I actually went to DC's not longer for a re union. I've seen that. I opened up the box to sieve there's any hair left in there.
Speaker 1: None left? Well, you were you worked for John in some of his big clubs. Ye, have you ever been shot at?
Speaker 2: Yep, what happened? They missed? Obviously pretty shit shot.
Speaker 1: You're a big target.
Speaker 2: Yeah, d CMS was the first one. They've done a drive by d CMS, the first that the week before. Actually they've done the proper run. They've done a practice run in the car. They sat in it and we all just thought they were messing around, like they came past, made a noise, but maybe five of them, six of them in the car, and they put their fingers outside the windows like a pointed like a gun and laughed and sped off. And then the next week it was for real. But it was by chance that you know, God knows why I touch toward why I did it. But ten minutes before the shooting happened, I moved the ballyards closest to the door, and I usually stand right by where the bullets hit where there's a there's a hair dressers next to d c MS the main door, and I moved them to buy outside the main entrance, and all the bullets hit where I usually stand.
Speaker 1: Wow, but they weren't like they weren't coming for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was a hit on me. That was a hit for me because because because I was one of the main boys for John, so it was come to take me out.
Speaker 1: Wow, but here was a hit. Did that make you consider quitting?
Speaker 2: Now? My whole life in you're in a bubble for that. For that, there's no scared about being scared or in situations you back off. You you were always I wanted to be first.
Speaker 1: There is that them? You said that was the first one? How many times does this.
Speaker 2: One? I've had a gun pointed to my head that was a King's cross when he went to go into dream Girls, and then I had butted them twice and he dropped the gun. And then there was a drive by my unit in Neutral Bay.
Speaker 1: What are you thinking when a gun is pointed at your head?
Speaker 2: To get the gun out of it as soon as possible, Because I thought he was gonna shoot youjun So when I was when he when he made the run for the door, he was doing it for a couple of minutes, walking past past me all the time, and I thought, Fuck, what's up this guy? And then all of a sudden I watched him again, and he unzipped his jacket and went for inside it and put his hand inside and went well, and then all of a sudden, he just pulled it ran to the door, and I ran with him. And then as we're on the stairs, as if you know, if you go down the stairs, that's where dream Girls is, you're on stairs, he put the gun to my head and he had it on my on my my probably on my temple. And then I just kept head buttoning until he dropped it, and then I threw him down the stairs.
Speaker 1: So did you in that moment when you decided to like fight back, because most people would freeze and be like whoa, whoa, WHOA?
Speaker 2: I know, I did.
Speaker 1: You just know he wasn't going to die.
Speaker 2: And I knew. I knew I had him in a good position and he wasn't as built as me, so I knew I had, you know, over him to do it.
Speaker 1: Has there ever been a moment that you were scared? Then you're talking like you weren't really scared.
Speaker 2: Because you're in the moment, And the fact is, you know you're in this bubble where the power that you have, you're not scared. It's only when you know what it's only when you I walked away and then I see the situations that I was in, Then you really know what you've been in and you've done, then you think fuck even though it's gone, then you think fuck that was scary.
Speaker 1: Like you've got kids. If either of your or any of your kids were like I'm going to get into the game.
Speaker 2: Not a chance, right, no chance, no chance, I'd fucking slap them.
Speaker 1: So you're like, it's not a way to live.
Speaker 2: Nah, no fucking way, no way, no way. As I said, I got in by chance. It wasn't that I wanted to be what I ended up being. It was by chance, you know what I mean. Yeah, when I got my security license and I started straight away, you know, I was virtually one of the the main dormant on Home nightclub, you know what I mean, for your first job. That was a fucking big thing for me. And then within what maybe six weeks, I was given the role to be undercover for the drug run in the Home Light club, you know what I mean. The power that I got in the early days. And then from there I moved to Soho and I was head dorming there and working for the owner. It was just massive. So every time I went to a venue, I was given, you know, a massive role. So it just led to bigger things, and then you see what's going on in the end, and then you think, I want that, I want that. And I remember when I worked for John I. He was this fucking big guy and it was Tongue and Sam, I want his job.
Speaker 1: And you told Tongue and Sam, Yeah, And what was his reaction?
Speaker 2: Laughed at me. He laughed at me, laughed at me and put his big hands on my shoulder and pattered me and then walked off.
Speaker 1: And now then I give it.
Speaker 2: Still, I'm going to get your job.
Speaker 1: You say that you wouldn't let your kids do it, but you still kind of delve back into that world. So the regret mustn't be that strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't go back into it as the as I used to im A m I, you know, hang around or I do a few things. But I've learned my lesson from when I was Australia's most wanted you know what I mean. I was used and abused for that situation, and I told myself I'd never go down that path again. And when i've when I left John, I realized I was just a number in the end. You know, it wasn't as close as you think you are. To people that you know you are and you be just you leave and you say, well, look where are they now when you need them? Or they didn't. No, you're just a number that you've been replaced.
Speaker 1: Speaking of John, do you know what he thinks of you doing this podcast? You've been doing it for a few years.
Speaker 2: If he didn't like it, I would he would have reached out and told.
Speaker 1: Me, hey, is that the kind of level of Nah?
Speaker 2: Listen, John? Wouldn't John. John's John, his own thing. He gets on with his own stuff. I don't even think he would, you know, pat me on the back. If if this became a fucking, you know, massive in America, if the fucking it became the best podcast on Wild, I still probably wouldn't get a phone call saying well done, that's John.
Speaker 1: Have you watched The Last King of the Cross?
Speaker 2: Yes, what's the Last King? I knew this was coming, I've watched it. Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 1: To be honest, be truthful to your podcast, To be honest, I.
Speaker 2: Don't like it. Why so, it's it's not how I I've seen the Cross. To me, it's like watching John Wick. It's not It's not Least of the King's Cross. It's nothing about King's Cross. There's too much fucking I don't know, like John's John. But I've never seen anyone get thrown off a fucking cliff yet. But you know, I don't know. There's just too much fantasy in it. And I get you, one of you want to sell a show overseas and make it hype it up a lot. But to me, I'd rather see the story that everyone wants to see about. You know, your life and what happened. I know you can't tell too much about it because of you know, circumstances and noting like that, But I want to see it real, you know what I mean? The characters, You know what I mean. And I'm lost.
Speaker 1: And you've been around a lot of crazy moments. You know you've seen in there are actually confrontations between gang members and whatnot. Have you ever been involved in an altercation where you caused a lot of hardness on it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh should you?
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 2: I won't. I won't deny that because the end of the day, if I don't, it's ever I get killed or for the hospital. So back then, yeah, if there's been a lot like I couldn't even tell you this. There's been so many you know what I mean. I've been in Manly King's Cross, Oxford Street and if a fight broke out between rivals or someone was in the wrong area at the wrong time and it just goes toe for toe, you just got to do it. You can't back out. And if you back out, then you're made to look stupid. And you know, if if you if you think something's going to happen, you've got to fight to see you you gotta win like you can't. Yeah, man, like, I've seen a lot of ship like that.
Speaker 1: What's the worst fight you've been in?
Speaker 2: The worst fight in what way? Like? What are you talking like? Well? Like winning fighting? How bad it's got too?
Speaker 1: What? Okay, well let's start with this. What have you ever been beating up?
Speaker 2: No? No, not touch would have never been beaten up. Okay, And don't fucking everyone start fucking. It's not happening.
Speaker 1: It's not happening. What's the worst thing you've done to someone.
Speaker 2: In a fight? But you know what I'll give, I'll give. I will give myself a rappier I've never used a weapon in a fight, and all I've used is my fists. I've never kicked anyone in a fight. I don't believe in that because I was a boxer, you know what I mean, in my younger days. So I've never believed in kicking anyone while they're down, or trying to kick them to get them down. I've always I've always punched, that's it punched, and then ended up slapping because I was leaving too many marks. But I will say the craziest I wouldn't say it's a fight because it didn't end up in a fight, because I knocked him out with one punch. But the craziest hits I've ever done on someone was it was an islander bloke in King's Cross and he was coming around terrorizing a lot of venues. And I remember he put it. He he sexually tried to touch one of the bar maids up and steal a handbag and money from the bar. So I waited for him to come past on this Saturday night, and when he did, I pulled him aside on the front door and I told him I'm going to fucking knock you, and he goes fucking try it, and I lined him up and I knocked him one punch and I had no word of a lie. That punch. I remember today. It was the last time I fucking ever hit someone with a fist and his nose both all of his nose went through both cheeks, so I'm talking, his nose was here, the other part of his nose was there. He had nothing there, nothing, And I felt I felt that bad that I put him into a taxi and told the taxi driver to go to the King's Ross Hotel as the hospital.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, sending him to.
Speaker 2: The hospital. I sent him to the hospital, and that was the last time I ever punched anybody.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I slapped him after that because I was I couldn't believe how much I'd fucking destroyed this guy's face, but I wanted to because he was fucking at the time the girl who he fucking tried to touch, I was, I was dating.
Speaker 1: Right, Is that the worst thing you've done? Someone Viva killed someone.
Speaker 2: Someone has died after me knocking them out. But then I was told by the the police that it wasn't It wasn't me that inflicted it. It was because he was high on and on heroin. That must have been a heavy It was heavy because at that time I wasn't a dormant at the time. Well I was was just starting off, but I was. I was working as a security guard in Westfield and he kept stealing all these dicing vacuums from David Jones, and then I caught him with his two mates. He was carrying an empty shyringe and the other one was full of blood. So that's why I did what I did, because he was trying to stab me with them and then I launched him and fucking apparently passed away that but they said he was high on.
Speaker 1: You've had a lot of sex workers on the podcast these past couple of seasons. Some people have loved it, some people have hated it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: What's the craziest sexual thing that you have done?
Speaker 2: The most sexual craziest thing I've done.
Speaker 1: This is a great question because anyone who listens to the podcast would know how shocked you always are at you know, the crazy things people get up to. Do you want me to run through a list.
Speaker 2: But I do know there's a topics because something I haven't told you.
Speaker 1: These are topics covered by some of the people that have been on your podcast. You know the Karli electrics. I know Leilani's and whatnot.
Speaker 2: That's why I bring them on because I've never fucking edited this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because to be honest, like for me, like editing the podcast and hearing you have these chats with these people. I don't want to be rude, Neil, but you kind of sound like a bit of a prude, not very adventurous in.
Speaker 2: The I don't really know what to say to this one because I'm a bit lost.
Speaker 1: He's just got a big missionary only vibe about you.
Speaker 2: Couldn't really answer that one, sorry.
Speaker 1: Just participated in the VIP room.
Speaker 2: Didn't even do that.
Speaker 1: Who is the worst person you've had to look after?
Speaker 2: The worst person? I'd say the worst person was probably Brian McFadden. I didn't never like them. I didn't like him. He was he was a tosser and I'll gladly say that. You know, he thought he was somebody and he wasn't. Didn't like the way he was dating Delta. She was too good for him, So that was another fucking reason. And he's an Irish count, so that's it, simple as.
Speaker 1: That, simple as that.
Speaker 2: Never liked what was it boyson? He was boson. I didn't like.
Speaker 1: I only know him was dating Delta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I didn't like that either, so fucking you looked Delta. Yeah when she used to come across yet and was that during the Yeah, she never came back up that because I told her, why the fuck would you come here? Like? I remember that time when she told me to walk into a car when she had a big argument with Brian and she was just saying, I hate the King's Cross And I said to her, I remember saying, walking down there William Street with her, I said, I don't even know why you come mere, It's terrible, it's not like you. And then she just like she laughed like that, and it was the last time I spoke to her. She never came back up there.
Speaker 1: Right, Do you still tay in touch with some of the celebrities that you've worked for? Are some? Not?
Speaker 2: Most? Not most?
Speaker 1: It's just a burn and turned to the last hole.
Speaker 2: Depends who they are, you know. If I if I if we hit it off good, then I do. If if we don't, then see her later.
Speaker 1: How did working for Underworld Figures shape your perspective on loyalty, trot and trust?
Speaker 2: Is there is no loyalty, there is no trust. Definitely not. I've seen that. Now. At the start, you think there is, because they're all patent on your back because they need you, they want you to be with them, They want to say that they have you and in their circle. But then once they're done with you and they spit you out. You know what I mean that if you're ever in trouble, are they there for you? But we're you make sure you're there for them. So, as I said, I was just a number.
Speaker 1: Were there any moments in your job as a bodyguard or dorman where you cross the realm from uh working a door into organized crime?
Speaker 2: I might open a couple of times. Yeah, but that's because of the fact of who was in our circle and I had to to protect the venue.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to get into any more of it. Okay, fair enough, the room just got a colder. What do you reckon is the biggest, if any misconception of the nightlife and working the doors and stuff in the old King's Cross days.
Speaker 2: You know, people used to come to Cross to see people like John Abraham, to see the bikers, to see the gangsters. But you know what, you could never see them. And I still get them people messaging me now saying when I was in the Cross, I could never see all these people because we know what we mingled. We were sitting far corners watching from afar, you know what I mean. We didn't want to stand out, so we were there, but we didn't make noise unless we had to make noise.
Speaker 1: Who's the most surprising person you've seen come into the club? You've got celebrities, that kind of makes sense, but was there anyone who saw coming to the club.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, yeah, Carl Sandlance.
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem like a surprise. I feel like he would have been a bit of a club guy that's good mates with John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why was he good mates? It was like when he started coming, like what the fuck are you doing here? Like that was a big surprise to me. That one that was a surprise because it even though he tried to fit in, he didn't fit in. Mmm, you know what I mean? And it was just the person you see on the radio was not the person you've seen in the clubs and King's Cross. It was a totally different person. He was trying to be someone who was not. He was trying to be a gangster. Really, he would love to be a game. He'd love to be John A. Brown, He'd love to be.
Speaker 1: And what's next for Neil? Obviously the podcast is going well, but what's on the horizon? What projects do you want to do.
Speaker 2: Well? I've got the sports podcast coming out. I wanted a TV show that's my main thing. Maybe a documentary myself on my life, or maybe just a TV show down the line, doing something else towards I don't know. I'd love I'd love a radio show.
Speaker 1: Radio is dead, mate's ap podcasts you get more on Amazons and podcast and a lot of fucking radio show that much.
Speaker 2: Plus I've got a book.
Speaker 1: This could be a sense of a question. Oh my god, but do you want to Neil? Do you want to be famous?
Speaker 2: I am famous? Answer your question? Google me.
Speaker 1: I can google plenty of faithful. Do you think you're frivs?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking well known.
Speaker 1: Why do you do the podcast?
Speaker 2: Well? Because I love it. I've always I did it because I wanted to get my story out at the start, because I didn't never think the book reached its potential to do that. So when I started doing it was about the Cross and me and what I seen and what I did. Then it eventuated to like other people in who were in my era, and that what the biggest thing that hit me doing a podcast was and it helped me a lot. Was doing the James English podcast. That opened a lot of doors for me in different different ways on how to operate a podcast with guests and then on what paths to go down. That really opened the doors for me.
Speaker 1: Well, that wasn't too that.
Speaker 2: I thought, you're going to show me more than what you did.