Speaker 1: OSSes is the Chrissy Swan Show. Let's talk about Margo Robbie, Chrissy's clique. Margo Robbie is going to be, if not already, one of the legendary actors.
Speaker 2: Of our generation.
Speaker 3: Without question.
Speaker 2: She is smart, she.
Speaker 1: Is wonderful, she has extraordinary business savvy.
Speaker 2: She's just a wonderful, exceptional woman.
Speaker 4: And most importantly, she's a naussy. She's and we get to claim her.
Speaker 1: I know the new mom has sat down for a podcast. I wonder if this was after the baby was born or before.
Speaker 4: I listened to a lot of it. It's called talking Pictures of the podcast. Yeah, there was no real chat of the baby, so I feel like it was in the can before she gave birth.
Speaker 2: But also.
Speaker 1: It's very like her to not absolutely compartmentalize that and she will never.
Speaker 3: Talk about it, which we love.
Speaker 2: Well, we still don't.
Speaker 1: Know that what the baby's called, which I absolutely just cute. She has talked about her so far glittering career. The first bit that I want to talk about is something this you know two or three, the very interesting story of Babylon. Now, this was a film that came out not that long ago, within the last five.
Speaker 3: Years twenty twenty two, I want.
Speaker 1: To say, yeah, right, last three years, and I loved it. It was visually amazing. Brad Pitt was in it, Mago Robbie obviously, and Jean Smart, who has found newfound fame in Hacks.
Speaker 3: What a line, what a trio, so.
Speaker 1: Extraordinary, And the film was great, great script, great cinematography, all great, great costumes. And it absolutely flopped at the box office, which is a story that sometimes happens to films that go on to be legendary. Yeah, okay, and she still doesn't know what happened.
Speaker 5: It's a total history lesson on this critical moment in movie history. So I don't I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't get it either.
Speaker 6: And I know I'm biased because I'm like very close to the project and so obviously I believe in it, But I still can't figure out why people really hated it. I wonder if in twenty years people are going to be like, wait, Babylon didn't do well at the time.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: You know when you hear something like Shawshank Redemption was a failure at the time, whatever it is, and you're like, how is that possible?
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of our favorite films just absolutely tanked at the box office.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that about Shawshak Yeah, because the way people our friend's Brownie in Pain, the way they crapped on about it was as if it was the best thing that's happened since slice Bread.
Speaker 1: Agreed, agreed when she did Eye Tanya, which is the it's a biopic of Tanya Harding. I think her name is the very scandalous ice skating story. Now, Margo produced that as well. It was kind of her first foray and start in it, and I feel like that really gave her enormous confidence in the Biers, and it gave her the courage to read out to Quentin Tarantino, one of the most influential directors of our time.
Speaker 2: And say, hey, I'd like to work with you.
Speaker 1: But she didn't just do it by or a manager, which is what everyone would do. She did it in a way that would speak to Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 5: Obviously, you have an agent at this point, you call them and say can I get a meeting with Tarantino? He'd probably have done the meeting, but you I don't know if he.
Speaker 6: Like takes generals though, But I you know, I'm a huge Tarantino fans. I'd read about him. I know that he like is a bit more of an analogue kind of guy. Like everyone knows Tarantino doesn't have a cell phone, and everyone knows that, Like he handwrites the front page of his script. So I thought it needs to be a handwritten letter. And I'm a very analogue person too.
Speaker 3: Like I I write.
Speaker 5: So this wasn't even taped. You wrote it?
Speaker 6: No, I hand wrote it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, smart.
Speaker 3: She's a good egg.
Speaker 2: She's a good egg.
Speaker 1: But she's like, Okay, how can I make myself different? How can I make myself stand out?
Speaker 4: Also, I know the voice of a gal after a night party. She's had a big night just before that. Really, absolutely, yeah, there's this little slight hadskin vibe in it.
Speaker 3: Really I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she's just crying in the corner because her newborn won't be quiet.
Speaker 3: Who knows all that.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to more Ariana grande content. I love this song was lucid every time I hear it. Of course, it's popular from Wicked, which is you know, breaking it in at the box office, and rightly so, her music team put to her, Hey, why don't we mix things up a bit.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do like a rap version of this?
Speaker 1: And Ariana Grande said no, And the exact line is I want to be Glinda, not Ariana Grande playing Linda.
Speaker 3: I get that good on it too.
Speaker 4: My favorite part of what she said that at the start of that sentence was absolutely not absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But I just want to check in, how's everyone with their holding space for the lyrics of define gravity going?
Speaker 2: How this week people.
Speaker 6: Are taking the lyrics of defying gravity and really holding space with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and feeling.
Speaker 6: Power in that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that the what was happening.
Speaker 6: I've seen it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really powerful. Yeah, that's why I wanted. I don't know that was happening.
Speaker 2: Can you just put your finger over here and I'm just going to.
Speaker 3: Hold you for the whole time.
Speaker 2: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show, It's almost Friday. Chrissy's cliquees Kanye West.
Speaker 1: You know, he's a confusing guy for me because I feel like he made his ex wife's life a living hell. So that's zero points from me. But man's a genius.
Speaker 3: He's a genius.
Speaker 4: And I think with that Swanny much like several other artists do we need to like? Can we see? Can we separate the allegations and the alleged things that have happened with their art? Can?
Speaker 2: I tell you?
Speaker 1: It's a really great conversation to have the next time you're at one of your fancy dinner Oystery Gin and Tonic dinners. Can because there's really no answer, but it's really interesting to see where people stand on Can you separate the art from the from the human It's.
Speaker 3: More interesting, I can can you?
Speaker 2: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Right? It depends well, and it.
Speaker 1: Does depend for you. I mean we're having this conversation now, but I'm fairly sure given how much deep diving you've done on the P. Diddy case, you would you you don't enjoy P. Diddy music as much as you did, and it feels weird.
Speaker 3: See maybe maybe it makes you appreciate it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can still listen to it, though I still think when I'm listening he's a bad dude. Dude, but this is a great song. The reason being, I don't think me stopping listening to his music is going to change any outcomes or history.
Speaker 1: I agree it doesn't, but it affects my enjoyment of that art okay, And the whole reason I listened to music is because I.
Speaker 3: You enjoy it, feel good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that stops it dead.
Speaker 3: Get what you say?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Kanye has got a new song and it features his two daughters, Chicago and Northwest in it visually and audio. So they sing on it and they're in the video and I cannot recommend it enough.
Speaker 4: The video has just come out, and it's the way I would describe it, Swanny. It's like Mario Kart meets Palm Springs me mad Max meets mad Max meets the Future.
Speaker 1: It is extra meets Gremlins after Midnight. It's extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Alright, let's listen to north Hawk.
Speaker 4: Must you ass you are?
Speaker 2: And they love Tokyo don't dashing?
Speaker 3: Dashing?
Speaker 2: It is as well.
Speaker 1: He did make Kim's life a living help, but gosh, he's made those kids' lives interesting.
Speaker 3: And then Chicago one.
Speaker 7: I like to have fun.
Speaker 4: I like to go to the beach time, Shine Away.
Speaker 2: Shine, that's her nickname, Shy.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's very wrong, but I'm obsessed with those girls, those kids, That's not wrong.
Speaker 2: They're so interesting. They're the most interesting children.
Speaker 4: Apart from my own I'm with your Swanie because you can tell Shi and North are very different. Yes, North's hectic, like a data in a bit crazy, Yeah, in a great way. But then Shi seems very much like Kim and gentle agree and make CUTSI.
Speaker 1: Try and google that video because it is absolutely mind blowing. You would have never seen anything like it Cold Bomb. Now let's move on to Robbie Williams. There is a biopic coming out about his extraordinary life. It's easy to forget because he's quite over exposed. You know that he has had the most extraordinary life up Down's fame, alcoholism, drug addiction, all of it, and he's really open about it. And this film is going to cover off everything. There is an interesting element in the film in that the old Robbie Williams through the years is not played by a computer generated version that you would recognize. It isn't played by an actor that might bear a passing resemblance to a young Robbi Williams. It's actually played by a CGI monkey. And it makes perfect sense to me. And this is Robbie talking about it last night on the red carpet at the premiere of the movie.
Speaker 7: Because it's unusual, right, that's the thing. I'm on the spectrum, so things are unusual to me. On that unusual, I don't pick up those sort of cues. I don't know where I am on the spectrum, by the way, but I just know I am. It's a monkey.
Speaker 2: Over it, it's a monkey, Get over it.
Speaker 3: Over it.
Speaker 1: The reason I love this is because I'm so easily distracted, and if I can't see something, it doesn't exist. So when I'm watching the movie, all I'm going to be able to see is an actor that isn't Robbie Williams. Yeah, okay, if I'm looking at a monkey that sounds like Robbie and looks like Robbie, I will believe that from the get go.
Speaker 3: To the end, and you'd stay focused on I'll.
Speaker 1: Accept that in the very first moment that that's Robbie, and then I'll never think about it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get what you say. I'm excited to see.
Speaker 2: Ida to see it.
Speaker 3: Our pal Lauren Phillips saw and said it was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Really, we were at the filming of the Other to take that scenes. At the last Robby Williams com.
Speaker 4: Boxing believe regulates him and joller up next to have a beautiful night se you guys.
Speaker 2: The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 1: For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com. Do you