Speaker 1: A little bit of a trigger warning on this episode. There is talk of DV domestic violence, So if that is something that is not for you right now, this episode may not be for you. This is my first time I've got someone back, and I'm really excited because this wonderful woman, Meghan Pistetto, is a very good friend of mine.
Speaker 2: We chat on the phone. It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: We have these in depth conversations, mostly just gossy gossy gossip about people that we know, because gossip is a good thing. We ended up having a bit of a conversation in this one where you could have turned off the microphones and we would have just kept going.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't have known. We were just chatting. And I think that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: So you are just going to be in on our chat and I think you're really gonna like it. So here is Megan Pistetto and I having a chat. I'm so glad you're back. You know, we haven't had any repeat. You're our first because I wanted since we started the pod cast, and especially since I started going solo, I wanted, like after I cannot get my legs, my legs are caught.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't get them out from where they are right now, like seriously, and I'm cramp enough.
Speaker 1: Yes, since I started recording solo interviews, I wanted to have a year later, like how were you a little bit later? It was time last year, wasn't it? Well? Yeah, because ANGREI and I were still recording together this time last year, so.
Speaker 2: It would have been so welcome back. You're our first return guest of the post.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I'm back because I feel like the last interview I wasn't in a good space.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you were very worried about the last one.
Speaker 3: There was just a lot going on, yes, being docks harassed. I just was so tired from maths.
Speaker 4: It was just a lot. But I'm feeling better this year.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you what's burnout like? Because it would be real in this kind of thing, because you your podcast is your baby, it's your personal business. It's your brand, and the boss, the employee, the employer, your everything, everything, and so what you make of it is depends on how successful you are. So like most people who have their own businesses, they have to work so incredibly hard to get it to a point where it's you know, kind of working on its own and burn it can really really happen.
Speaker 2: So does that happen for you? Especially with Maths?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Maths is kind of like it's like the super Bowl, but for me, like that season, I don't work on any other shows that intensely a because even if I did put out that much content for another show, like the audience just isn't there, so you wouldn't get the views, it wouldn't pay off for you. So Maths it's it's worthwhile to kind of work hard and put all of the content out because it's going to pay off and the audience is there. So Maps is like what feb till April and then there's a bit of like flow on effect and then they'll get their Instagram's back and then the second round of drama.
Speaker 2: Kick off again.
Speaker 3: So but it's I'm okay now because when Maps is on, it's four nights a week. So I'll work like like up in the morning, six or seven and work till like six at night, have a bit of a break, dinner, gym or whatever, and then I work from when the show's on like seven, seven thirty till like eleven doing socials and stuff. So they're big days, and like some of the days were like sixteen hours and I don't like have a day off during maths, so I do this like intensive period of like NonStop work. And I actually felt okay this year. But when I stopped and the show was over and I started to like rest and like have a normal life, I actually got.
Speaker 4: Like severe burnout.
Speaker 3: And I think it was like when you stop doing something like that, your body then crashes because it's so used to that high, you know, volume of workload and intense periods.
Speaker 2: That it's working at the level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, work at that level that your body just acclimatizes, and then when you stop, your body's like oh what so I started, I did have really bad burner. I'm feeling okay now, but like severe, Like I woke up at nine o'clock one morning, after sleeping twelve hours, had breakfast, I had to go back to bed.
Speaker 4: Like it was I can't explain it.
Speaker 3: It's like severe just tiredness, fatigue, like crazy. But I'm feeling okay now. This season wasn't as as bad as last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last year was seemed a lot worse, yea. But also you're there'd be a match fitness that you're starting to get.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: So every season you know.
Speaker 1: What to look out for, what to not let affect you, how to work so you can be at your optimum.
Speaker 3: I think that's what helped me this year because last year I didn't block out a lot of outside noise and things that were going on, and I not played into it, but I got affected by it and I let it affect me. This year, there was some stuff happening at the start of the year, you know, like I had a court case that was ongoing that I ended up just not going to because I was like, it's either that or maths, and I just weigh up what's more important. It's if I go and you know, pursue this because legal stuff obviously takes like a lot of time and energy. I think the energy is probably the biggest thing. I was like, I'm going to flop this whole season, and my content's not going to be good. So I just chose to focus on that and put that as a priority and blocked out some other stuff that was happening and really just focused and like didn't let anything distract me.
Speaker 1: This year, I noticed that as well, and I thought it was really really good because last season we would chat throughout and you this season were kind of like, I'm not you know, I, once this is over, I'm going to give you more of my attention.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. I didn't speak to people for weeks. Yeah, but it was like but times for my most period at time when.
Speaker 1: You look at the grand scheme of things, and it's really important that you did that for yourself, I thought, because and if I asked you anything, you would say just go and listen to the pod because I can't repeat myself because I wrote and I'm thinking, oh my god, how many friends must hope that's the same question.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, did you see what I'm like? Can you please listen or like even just sleeople in the face of the group and stuff. And I got really annoyed. I did a post and I was like, guys, I've put so much effort into the podcast, please I get so annoyed on the group chat when we do the episodes each night, when someone's like, oh, I can't believe this or that, and I'm like, guys, it was in the podcast, and like, I'm not expecting everyone to like make my podcast a priority, but it's just kind of annoying when it's like you have to repeat yourself because it's like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all there because all the answers, you need to do that.
Speaker 1: And that was good because it actually made like, for someone who has a podcast, it's hard to listen to other podcasts, but yours was really I mean, all podcasts are great, but yours had the answers that I was asking you personally for and it made a lot more sense for me to just do it that way. But you know, I thought, oh, we'll just have a conversation because we're friends.
Speaker 2: But once I realized.
Speaker 1: That that's but just four more friends, that's like all your time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's not what I'm like. My podcast is so amazing. Everyone needs to listen, But I go there and that's why I put it in. Yeah, specifically go to effort to think about what people would want to know, like what questions are going to pop up when they're watching, or what are things that are a bit left unexplained. So I do go to that effort to kind of answer questions that are going to pop up. So that's why I'm like, guys, it's trust me, It'll be in there. And then if yeah, if I've got four people asking me questions about maths, it's like, I also have twenty four contestants that I'm speaking to, and that's probably what takes up most of my time. So it's checking in with all of them each day. This happened last night, Like do you have any more info about it? Or what's coming up this week? So it is very hard to it's a big job for one person to keep in contact with all of these people. Obviously I'm not speaking to all twenty four, but yeah, so that's what I was going to ask about.
Speaker 1: How do you get to talk to them? So it's a bit of a referral system.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, So before the podcast, when I was freelance and doing this content, but I would sell it to different outlets, I would have to find out who the contestants were. Either like I'd work with paparazzi and they would be shooting and they'd send me a photo like and it would be sometimes just a photo and you'd have to identify who they are, or you'll get a contestant from a previous year that says I know someone or someone reached out to me for help and then they put me in touch.
Speaker 4: So it's a bit of a referral system.
Speaker 3: But it was quite hard back then because I didn't have anything to show them, like it was a bit of a trust exercise of like, no, trust me, I'll help you and I won't screw you over. And now that the pod, so it's quite hard to convince them and get them to work with you because it's, yeah, it's just based off trust. But now that the podcast has been going for so many years, people know it and they know me, and they know that I don't know reveal my sources, that I can be trusted and hopefully that I do a good job. So now they kind of come to me, which is good. Or they can just listen to the pod and be like, oh, okay, cool, that's what she's all about, like getting the story out and stuff. So yeah, it's usually a referral like someone will know someone this year, like a couple of mutual friends that I had with people, and then once you kind of talk to one contestant, they're like, oh, I'm friends with this person. I'll get them to talk. Can you help them as well? Or they'll just reach out to you once the show's starting and they start hearing your podcast and see the article.
Speaker 1: Villains just reach out to you and say, I think I've looks like I've got.
Speaker 2: A bad edit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm getting screwed over. Help. Usually, what's the reason for reaching out all?
Speaker 2: Can you tell?
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's hard if you build up a personal relationship with your sources, which you do and I think like people kind of criticize that, and it's like, that's how journalism works, Like you have to have strong sources and you have to have good relationships with them, and they they need to trust you and you need to trust them. So you do form friendships and you know, good relationships with them. So it's kind of like if you've had a good experience with them and they seem really nice to you, it's it can be a bit confusing to them if they start behaving really badly on screen and you're like, is that about edit? Or did they do that? But you know that's only one side of them. They're not always that bad, Like they just had their moments. It can be a bit tricky to separate the two of like, oh, but I really like them as a person, but yeah, they did horrible stuff on the show. So it can be tricky, but I usually just ask around to like a few other people and I'm like, oh, hey, so what did you think. Do you think that person's actually getting about it or was that how they were And you just get a sense of what other people, what their perception of it was.
Speaker 1: Do you get many of them stopped talking to you say, can't I can't believe you've said that on the podcast. It's not true, even though even if it is, because I know that you don't report anything unless you've checked it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the thing is, it's not it's yes, it's checking. So usually I will if I get a story, especially if it's something that's quite controversial, I will check it in terms of I'll ask another contestant, is this what happened? And then it's like you've at least got two sides of the story, and it's you know, one source said this and one source said that. Include them both, and it gives you a bit of a more rounded view. But I do reach out to all of the contestants at the start of the season and I say, hey, here's my number. Let me know if you need anything, like if you ever want me to put any stories out for you or share your side that's not being shown, or if things aren't portrayed accurately, let me know.
Speaker 4: So I do give everyone the chance.
Speaker 3: At the start of the season, for example, I even message like Jack and Tory. So then it's like if they don't speak to me, and I've only got the other side, and I'm putting that out and I've tried to get their side and I can't.
Speaker 4: It's like what else can I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, You've given them the chance, so they're.
Speaker 3: Almost doing a disservice to themselves by not And then it's like, I can't force you to speak to.
Speaker 1: So speaking of those two, they didn't you. No, I haven't spoken to them. Okay, I think I don't know if they're actually speaking to Oh No, I think they're speaking to the Daily Mail. Like everyone kind of has their personal outlet that they trust and work exclusively with.
Speaker 4: So it is a bit of like a guber competition.
Speaker 3: Well, the funny thing is that you know that Daily Mail dude, he always gets the you know, the Jackson Harrison's and the Deans and those toxic dudes, and I always get the really nice people that are lovely, and so I'm always like which team do you want to be be associated with that group or do you want to be associated with my group?
Speaker 1: Well, I just had someone DM me this morning, a woman I've known for quite a while, just through Instagram since I was on goggle.
Speaker 2: Box, and she said.
Speaker 1: It's she pointed out how many men like Dean and not Jack because she said Jack will probably join them, but Dean and Harrison. Oh, because I posted something about one of the stories that Harrison did and a guy called Will has done a stitch with it and it's been brilliant, it's so good. And she said they do these things so they'll get just people looking at the you know, stories. They just want eyes on, numbers on. And I'm like, well, that's why I never go to them directly. I'll watch Will's video instead. She said, Dean Wells has just commented on Barbrastriss post because it was about a Democrat or something. She said, it's just so he will be engaged with a heap of people. I'm like, yeah, I know, but I never really knew, like I never really figured that they are just they're just purely fall back and forth as many people as they possibly can.
Speaker 3: They're just trying to get attention, like they are so desperate for attention because obviously not getting it in other ways because they don't have other stuff to offer, so they will just be controversial and offensive because they know that will get a reaction from people. So it's the same formula they follow every year. Harrison's definitely picked that up from Dean because you know, he's seen how much attention it's gotten. But I at least once a week will get someone sending me a comment from Dean, and I actually don't even read them anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't care. Everyone knows he's.
Speaker 2: It's a disgust you have to remove.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, I don't need to share everything that he says because we all know he is an absolute scum of the earth. And same as Harrison. Now, so this is what I mean. At the start of the season, where I was.
Speaker 2: You know, not.
Speaker 3: Focusing it on kind of ignoring the outside noise, Harrison body shamed me and he said these horrible comments about me, not even just body shaming, a lot of other stuff, and I saved everything in a folder and I was like, all right, I'm gonna do an episode about this, and I'm gonna respond. And then I sat with it for a bit and I was like, I can't be bothered. I actually don't even owe this dudent, Like why am I even acknowledging something that he said. He's trying to get a reaction from me. He's trying to it would be giving him one. I'm giving him my platform, I'm giving him attention. I'm sharing his disgusting views. I feel like we just some people do just agree with. It's like he's not even worth acknowledging, And so I chose just to I was like, actually, you know what, I'm not even going to waste my time answering to you, like I actually owe you nothing. So that was what I mean, like just getting that noise out. But he has continued just to attack women and go on and say things. And Lindall came on my pod and she kind of she roasted him a little bit, but it was, you know, it wasn't that bad. She was just talking about her season of Maths and he obviously saw it. And then he posted this thing about all the maps me and the Maths brides being unmarriable because we're over thirty and we're not in a relationship, which is a whole you know, I don't even need to explain why that's so far, But Tani and Linda they all started calling him out and I was like, stop, because that's what he wants. He has now gotten a reaction from you, He's got an attention, you've shared your platform with him. He's probably got more followers. He then got national media coverage because every outlet then responded to you know, what he had said, and it's then amplified to a large audience. And there's some people out there that are going to see that and agree. And so I started a group chat with them and I'm like, guys, just stop acknowledging him. This is what he wants and narcissist like that. The thing that annoys them the most is if you don't give them.
Speaker 1: Attention, if you staff them of it, let them shout off into the abyss. And for anyone listening the oxygen right now, if you happen to have followed Dean or Harrison or Jack Stop or even Bryce from past seasons, and you just go and check whether you're still following them, like have you actively unfollowed them? If you haven't, go and do it right now. If you got your phone near you go and do it right now. Unfollow these kind of people because the best thing we can do is to take the attention away from them. And if they haven't got the followers that they want, that's just the beginning. So if there's there's your little public service announcement and homework for today.
Speaker 3: Did you see Carrie Bigmore did that amazing video about men's violence. He left some comments and everyone's been sending it to me. I haven't even read it. I'm like, I'd never want to know.
Speaker 4: I don't care. Like it's just we know that he's just the worst.
Speaker 2: So and you know that.
Speaker 1: Rice was the one of the worst I've ever seen on that show, and he's turned out to be the least worst of the four of them.
Speaker 3: It's not funny. I mean, he's still I don't follow him. I've got him, but I don't follow and don't know what he's even.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. But he's, as he says, as little as possible.
Speaker 1: He's kind of you know, I don't know whether he's still just I mean, this is a long game.
Speaker 2: If he's playing that, I told.
Speaker 3: You, so this is the thing with Jack and Tory. I think it's following the Bryce formula in terms of, like, I look, I'm not in the relationship. I probably can't judge, but I personally think that Bryce stayed with Melissa out of spite to prove everyone wrong because there was so much backlash. And it's like, if he ever broke up with her, then it's we can say we were so I told you so, so just saying her because it's oh, what.
Speaker 4: Else can you do?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, the really weird thing is people saying, oh, like I even't just said it? Then, could someone be playing a long game that high with the life. You've got someone who is your slave, someone who's taking care of you and doing everything that you want them to do.
Speaker 2: There are so many.
Speaker 1: Relationships like that happening anyway. Yeah, people who are in relationships that are you know, I mean this is all allegedly, but men who are cheating on their wives but not ever leaving them because they get everything that they want.
Speaker 2: They're getting it at home and they're getting it out of home.
Speaker 3: Well, these women as well, like just to generalize, you know, women that are in toxic relationships sometimes I don't realize that they are or like that they're treatment isn't normal, that's right, And I think they've also obviously got like insecurities that don't want to be alone. And that's the whole thing of like it's society thinks it's so bad for women over thirty or whatever to be not married, and it's like this is a choice, Like we could easily find a husband if we wanted to, but like, I'm happy being alone and if someone if I'm going to be in a relationship, they have to add to my life. But then there's some women out there obviously that don't want to be alone, like it's the worst thing being alone, So they just put up with these shitty relationships and treatment, and then I guess turn a blind eye to the cheating and the absolute pason.
Speaker 1: Because the you know, we're told from birth really as girls, the best thing that you can get when you grow up is married and have children, not ever being that's the dream, not ever being told it's the nightmare, and you get stuck in it, and it's a really hard thing to get away from, and if you do, then you're going to be crucified by the very people who've told you that it's the dream. You're going to end up alone and lonely with cats or dogs. It's like, don't threaten me with a good time.
Speaker 2: I'm living that life now and I could not be happier.
Speaker 1: I went on someone's pod recently and it's a single pod and she was like, you know, did you think this for yourself?
Speaker 2: And I said, of course not. Like as a child, I remember.
Speaker 1: Having those conversations with my girlfriends of who do you think I'm going to marry? Okay, we'll say who you're probably going to marry, and how many kids.
Speaker 3: And the thing of like I want to be married by the time I'm twenty five, I'm going to have three kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, And you know, when I was a two, I wanted to have like a medieval style wedding.
Speaker 4: Oh everyone's planning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've probably still got my like, oh my god, a wedding plan from back then, and you pick your kids' names out.
Speaker 1: I used to draw medieval dresses with the big high oh my lord, with the head, oh maybe with the Princess Leiah type hairdoo, and oh could you imagine you.
Speaker 3: Should just have a single like a wedding for yourself? Like remember that in the City episode I always think of that because me too, I'm like, I think I'm going to get to a certain point where I'm going to do that and be like, Okay, well I'm not going to get married now, or like you know, if I haven't found someone or I've decided not to and just be like, you know, I'm just going to celebration for me.
Speaker 2: Have a registry.
Speaker 1: I love well stupidly Sarah Jessica's carries was it Manolo Blanik And there was only one thing on the registry?
Speaker 2: But a registry for a.
Speaker 1: Single woman would be a really great thing, all the things that you don't get because you haven't gotten married. Okay, this is the bit where we're going to talk about domestic violence. Just coming in here quickly to let you know. If this is something you don't want to listen to, just go forward.
Speaker 2: A couple of minutes. Do you ever get scared of what of? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well I get scared. Had to run in my house the other night screaming.
Speaker 2: Seriously, No, I want.
Speaker 1: To know, like, especially in the climate we live in right now with men's violence, do you ever get scared of the men coming after you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I would. It's a real fear. It's not it's a rational fear. It's not irrational at all.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing for me, it's like, I've been to the police so many times, you know, with evidence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what I was going to say, you've got you've got it all reported at least, and they're like, it's there, it's somewhere.
Speaker 4: But they don't do anything.
Speaker 3: So no, I go to the police all the time and I say, this person's harassing me and doing x y zed and they say, just get off Instagram, just get off social media. And I'm like, A, I shouldn't have to know, and my whole work is on social media, so I physically can't. And they said, well, there's nothing we can do. They haven't done anything to you yet. We can't do anything unless they actually do it.
Speaker 1: Legally they can't, but so they can record everything.
Speaker 3: There need to be protection in place before it gets to something happening, not just we're going to be reactive. We need to be proactive.
Speaker 1: That's where we don't know what to do. The experts don't know what to do. The victims don't know what to do, because what do you do about saying to the police, I'm scared of this person, and the police are like, well have they done anything? No, but I know they're going to well what if they don't, we have to presume.
Speaker 3: And I know that the police like obviously they are answering to laws and there's only so much they can do legally in it. That's not their fault. But you almost get just pushed off as like she's being dramatic, that she's over reacting.
Speaker 2: That's got to change.
Speaker 3: And the thing with the you know, all of these murders of women and abuse and stuff that we're seeing lately, that's hope, like everyone's talking about, thank God. And it's always most of the times a known perpetrator or someone who was out on an AVO or like known to police. Like, it's always that type of person. And that's what I was getting really triggered about recently, because I'm like, is it going to take something to happen to me to then be like I told you so, well.
Speaker 1: That's that's exactly what's happening. So I'm thinking this is me just thinking aloud. Now, if there was a registry of say to say to a perpetrator, hey, we've now registered you as someone who has done this, and this and this from this woman. If this continues and it goes again, you're going to be.
Speaker 4: There should be there should be a registry of you.
Speaker 3: People can look up prior offenses because or prior because if unless you're like a reporter or you have access to court documents, says no way that you can know someone's criminal past.
Speaker 4: Ye, So like I could.
Speaker 3: Start dating a guy and not know that, yeah, five women have taken AVOs out on him and I'm putting myself into danger.
Speaker 2: That would be really good.
Speaker 3: But it's I just don't think it's a coincidence that most of these cases, it's like known to police, already took an av I already made a report, was already fearing for her safety.
Speaker 4: Like it's just what that needs.
Speaker 2: To be done.
Speaker 1: Part there, just that middle bit there. If the police could somehow say the registry is now you know you're getting I mean, I don't know, like you've got so many stars or black stars against your black marks against your name that now you're going to start getting fined.
Speaker 2: I mean, people could.
Speaker 1: Take advantage of that. But what I'm saying is what happens when then something does happen? Because I just posted about this this morning. What if we started charging the people who ignore the police, like the judges and the lee's who these women go to and don't take it seriously. The women end up daring let them off too easy. What if they had to go to jail as well for not for not? There would be a lot more visits, there'd be a lot more we're watching you. We're going to start, well, maybe if there's a register of enough proof where you've been stalking somewhere, where you've turned up and you've harassed them, or you've been sending them really bad texts, you have enough black marks against your name, you have to start wearing that ankle bracelet.
Speaker 4: A sign on your head.
Speaker 3: What it is that I actually think that because the punishment isn't big enough, No, we'll like say, get let off so easily that they're not deterred from that's readings, right, So I think the punishment needs to be increased and it needs to be taken seriously of I think I don't know what it is because it's like there's other punishments, like even if you are found guilty of like abusing women, like sometimes it's like, oh, good behavior bonds exactly has to change. They know that they can get away with it, and they know that they're probably nothing's going to happen. And also it's very hard to prove, like there's just so many factors that yeah.
Speaker 2: Is really hard.
Speaker 4: Well that's a crime in the UK now, and.
Speaker 1: It's a crime here is that Yeah, it's just become that's good, But it's really hard to prove that. Well, that's the thing is that may be an easier one to prove simply because you've got text messages, you've got bank you know, financial Well, that's the verbal stuff. You'd have to start recording. We have to change the law of people being allowed to be recorded without their permission if they're if they're doing a crime.
Speaker 3: Don't want to say it's ain't really crazy. So I was in a domestic violence situation before and I filmed the like, I started getting verbally abuse, so I was pressed record on my phone to film the video. I had a video of this person abusing me verbally physically and then smashing my so my they got my phone and smashed it on the door into like a thousand pieces. There was a witness there with me, so like my building manager had come in and I gave that footage to the police and the person like when I went to court about it, they were charged and found guilty, but I then got put up on the stand and questioned as if I was the person that had done wrong. I got grilled and I was like so nervous, like I probably didn't answer the questions well enough because it just was so triggering for me. But there was a point in the thing where they got let off on one charge because they said they couldn't prove it. It was the physical assaults. There was, you know, various things, but one of the physical assault things are like, we can't prove that those bruises were caused from that thing, And I was like, I've got a video of them hitting me. Well, I didn't do anything else like that could have got me bruises like that. And then the phone, the smashing of the phone as well, Oh, it could have already been smashed. We can't prove that even though we've got a video of them smashing it on the wall, we can't prove that that damage was because of like it's so hard to even if you have that physical proof.
Speaker 4: And I had a witness there.
Speaker 2: So that's where judges have to change. The judges need to say it is very clear that.
Speaker 1: You put those bruises on her, and it is very clear that you smashed her phone. Well they need to start leaving the victims more in that sense.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, these perpetrators don't get convicted because yes, they probably did it, and there's proof and stuff, but it's not enough to be one hundred percent you did this without a doubt, which is hard because it's like what more proof can I You don't always have proof. You're not always going to be able to prove stuff, like to the nth degree. So I think the burden, the burden kind of needs to be less. But then you don't want innocent people going away.
Speaker 2: But how many.
Speaker 1: Times that's happening anyway? And that's what you know? You get a jury, and that's very different. A jury can send an innocent person to jail, not with the beyond reasonable doubt. They are like, we think he did it, we think she did it, So you're in for life mate. One judge compared to a heap, like you can't. Humans are so fallible, Like how can you give one judge all that judgment? How can you give a jury of people who have no expertise legal world at all.
Speaker 4: Know that their legal system is an absolute joke?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 1: Things have really got to change, you know, and us saying what do we do?
Speaker 2: What do we do? Maybe that's where.
Speaker 1: We start changing the legal system, changing the onus of proof.
Speaker 3: You have to prove that you didn't abuse them, Yeah, us having to prove that you did.
Speaker 2: I would just like to.
Speaker 1: Say to any young people that are listening, don't get into that relationship. If you feel a red flag or if someone around you has a really weird feeling for you, go with that instead, because your future is really awful. And by the time you get to that point of clarity of oh my god, I mean way over my head here, so many things have been taken from you physically, mentally, emotionally that could have really been avoided if we just start telling young people how much more they're worth. You know that, boys, Oh he hits you because he likes you, or mean to you because he really likes you.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's really cute. Stop that.
Speaker 1: Immediately he hits you, get away from him. If he's mean to you, get away from him. Don't ever talk to him again, until he has respect for you, until he's kind to you.
Speaker 2: But you start saying that to young girls. I remember being told that as a kid.
Speaker 3: I think as well, like women not that it's our fault, because you know, this is just what society has trained us to do. But women like excusing men's bad behavior or accepting it also like disadvantages the rest of us because then the men think that they can also do it. But if like we were all like unified and we're like, as a whole collective of women, we are not going to put up with this behavior, they wouldn't actually be able to do it. But then then there's some women that are like letting the team down because it's like I'm going to accept it. I know a good exact that's a pick me yes. So that's like it's just making the standard because it's like, oh, well, I'm going to find a woman that will accept it. And then another thing I think is like believing women like when they are brave enough to come forward. Obviously, I recently did a story on Ridge from Maps this season and two of his eck well, actually there was about six exes, but this particular story, there was two x's that came forward gave me a statement on the record. They didn't want to be named because they were like, I just don't want my name out there. I want to be I'm a private But they were on the record statements of you know, cheating, abuse, all of this stuff, and we were doing we put the story out there, and people in the comments are going, this is fake.
Speaker 4: I don't believe it. Where's your proof?
Speaker 3: And I was like, I have two women on records saying that this happened to them. I don't know what other proof do you want, Like unless I was in the room when you know they were having sex, like and I filmed it. There's like, that's as good as it's going to get.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't we believe them?
Speaker 3: It's just our default too, it is we need to see proof otherwise why I don't believe a girl. I don't believe that a guy would do that. It's like a We're seeing it happen so much, why are you not believing it? And I just think it's so important to believe women when they do speak out. Ridge's girlfriends as well. Current girlfriend Jade from the show she Like, made a comment slamming this ex that had spoken out, and I was so annoyed because I was like, these women are help, trying to help you. They are speaking out about what happened to them so that you don't have to go through what they did, and you're choosing not to listen to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that feeling of Oxy's tocin love is very strong. I mean I remember it as a teenager myself. I was obsessed with who I was crushing on, obsessed so much so that you know, they could do anything, say anything, didn't matter because I was just so in love with the good of them, even if it wasn't didn't last for very long. I mean, it just happens to so many And that's what we've got to get him young, because if we don't teach kids, girl kids to say no, get away from.
Speaker 4: Me, self love confidence, Yeah, then.
Speaker 1: When do we teach them. I want to end on this Believe women, Believe women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amen, thank you for coming in again, Thank you for having me coming to you this time next year.
Speaker 4: Put in the diary regular.
Speaker 2: It'll be after the season, after you've had a bit of a sleep.
Speaker 3: No, I'm uncontactable from like unless you're a mass contestant from jan to April. I'm like, I don't apply to anyone.
Speaker 2: Well, it's still April. No it's not. It's May. So I see you next May.
Speaker 4: Do you have coffee on my face, on your face, on my lips?
Speaker 2: No? Do you often get coffee on your face?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The other day I got home and I had like a chocolate here, and I was like, walking around, Oh, maybe just look like dark liplighter though, and.
Speaker 2: I looked like Pooh. You had Pooh on your face.