Speaker 1: I get a team. It's Tiff and it's Harps and it's doctor Jeff. I probably should have.
Speaker 2: Done that the other way around. It really doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: We'll start with the girl with a sexy throat over there in the bloody bayside Melbourne.
Speaker 2: How is it sexy voice?
Speaker 3: I'm making some noise now, which is nice. So I had two days of full silence, and.
Speaker 1: As I said to doctor Jeff Bliss, so good, so good fortnight there. Yeah, it's a little hard when your job's talking.
Speaker 2: And you can't talk.
Speaker 1: Oh horrific.
Speaker 2: Did you have to cancel shows or yeah?
Speaker 3: I had to reschedule a couple and couldn't shout at my clients.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard to be a ball breaker when you sound like a fucking cartoon character, isn't it exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't scream at people if you can't talk to them. Step one, be able to talk. Ah, Doc, great to see you, We love you, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Hey you going? What are you doing? What are you up to? What's news?
Speaker 4: Right back at you? What am I up to? We're busy. Were doing a lot of health and wellness events and biohacking conferences and all kinds of fun stuff. It's hard. It's hard to keep me in one place here as we as we share and teach and get the word out that there are alternatives to drugs and surgery.
Speaker 1: What is the thing that people misunderstand or get misled on about.
Speaker 2: Biohacking?
Speaker 1: Like? What what is the average In Australia we say the average punter, just the average person.
Speaker 2: What do I think it is?
Speaker 4: I think there are some people who think that biohacking has a negative connotation because you're tricking your body. It's a hack. It's a trick. Whereas if we call it biostrategizing, it's just weak, too many syllables.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true, though it is it is a lot. Yeah, maybe that whoever created that, albeit insightful, maybe it wasn't the best name to represent what you do because it already people have an idea of what hacking is, and it's not a good idea generally.
Speaker 4: Right, gets people in trouble, you know if they hack into your computer system or whatever. But sometimes hacks so I mean, you know, do it yourself hacks at home? Right, you want to learn the best way to get rust off your fender, you know, you may, yeah, you learn a hack. So why can't we apply that for wellness and longevity?
Speaker 1: Now, I brought up this term the other day with somebody who is a clinical cycle works in the space, and it must just be what I'm exposed to on my my kind of stream of information that comes into my phone.
Speaker 2: But have you heard of a thing called iber gain?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yes, absolutely, in fact, thank you God, it was just made available here in the US, I think yesterday, Like this is very tamely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think all that guy's named Brian, someone who's been the guy leading the charge, who's a lawyer and a genius in this space. And RFK of course and a very popular and unpopular in some areas.
Speaker 2: Joe Rogan and they were they were in the.
Speaker 1: Oval office with the pres just and he was committing to kind of, I think, accelerate the research.
Speaker 2: And the approval and all of that of that.
Speaker 1: So could So my understanding is, and this wasn't where I thought.
Speaker 2: We'd start, but let's start here because.
Speaker 1: I think if this is true, you know, because everybody comes out and makes there's so many claims about so many secret pills, powders, potion, herbs from the amazon and peptides, and I'm not putting them all in the same category, of course, but there are so many things that we get told we should have or will cure this or fix that. But the science behind this seems like really really solid. And so people suffering with PTSD severe trauma, and originally the research was focused on veterans and it's kind of expanded now, but anyone with that kind of challenge or issue.
Speaker 2: But so people with.
Speaker 1: Severe trauma and PTSD one treatment with eber gain eighty percent are completely healed forever. And with a second treatment over ninety I think it's ninety four percent, and it's not And there's one treatment, so they have it once or twice, but not an ongoing thing they have they don't need to go top it up in a year. There's another guy to follow, a veteran who God it will come to me, but anyway, he he's a Purple Star recipient. Anyway, you know, he was traumatized. He was the whole shooting match about our post war. About ten years of his life was pretty fucked because of trauma and PTSD. He got treated, he got totally totally cured, and now he re enrolled he re enrolled, so he was a I think he was like a Delta Force operator and now he's re enrolled in some other area of the military. But yeah, it's I don't know, tell us to what you know what it is and how it works.
Speaker 4: Right, So, iber gin is part of a class of natural based neuromodulator neuro endocrine neurotransmitter changers that are typically known as hallucinogens. So it could be Ayahuascu. Eyebogain is one. There are a few others, and they all have a slightly different impact. You know, some of the places where you go and lick the certain kind of toad and get the hallucinogen. In any event, these these have been known for thousands of years to have healing properties. You typically most people with some type of harbored trauma manifest with some type of anxiety or depression. It's because there's this deep rooted part of your memory in your brain that protects that because it's too painful to let it out. And the process, the ceremony of eyebogain and how it's done allows you to go through and and cleanse that out of you. It's like a safe place to let it out and once it's out, it's out. Like you said, of those people are resolved. So you know, typically Americans had to go to out of the country, you know, go to Mexico for Abo Gain or or other places. Even though there were some quote unquote shamans, some shamans know what they're doing. Some got a weekend certificate somewhere. And this allows you to, you know, face your demons and remove them. And that really has been very powerful. And there have been some people that were outspoken on this. I think Tim Ferriss is one of them. And you know, I didn't know how much Joe Rogan was involved until recently because he's kind of the he's kind of the Craig Harper of the of the of the States really.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he can only aspire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this just came out, so it's very interesting and exciting. It will become available and they'll study it more. Even though there's a university here called Johns Hopkins in Baltimore and Maryland has a rich medical history. Just Baltimore's a rough place to watch out and they they've been looking at this for a while. It's been one of the homes of a lot of research so this isn't new, but I'm glad they're making it available because it's a lot cheaper than handfuls of antidepressants and electroshock therapy much. You like that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well it's interesting and it's interesting to.
Speaker 1: Know that, you know, some of the things which I think Rogan said in that he spoke at the White House and all of them did, but like only a few years ago, it was classified literally as dangerous you know, I begain and misclassified.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was this is just government control, right. They didn't want it out there. Big farm doesn't want it.
Speaker 2: Out Yeah, that's yeah. Anyway.
Speaker 1: And in other news, so I listened to this podcast the other day, which I've banged on about a little bit on the show, but I'm I'm really interested in and we'll go to some listener questions in a minute, but I'm really interested in on the science and the psychology of pain. Like I just think pain is a fascinating thing. And listening to this what's her name, Her name is Rachel's Zoftness. It's a weird name, but a cute name, z Ffness. And she was talking about, you know the way that pain works on psychosocial, emotional, mental, physiological level and all of that, and she was it's just there's so much we seem to not understand about pain. And she spoke about some research I can't equal. I can't remember that an equals I think it was maybe N equals.
Speaker 2: One hundred or two hundred.
Speaker 1: But people that were functional, healthy, no symptoms, and they are all, I don't know, kind of thirty to sixty or something, and they did X rays and all kinds of scans on them, and something like ninety percent of them or eighty five percent of them had bulging disks or back problems or all of these things that should lead to as we normally think pain, but they are all pain free. But because they didn't know they had these things. And then quite often when people are made aware of something, then the pain comes, you know, because now they know they have this thing that should cause pain, but before they knew that, there was no part.
Speaker 2: So stuff like that fascinates me.
Speaker 1: And people who think they've got something and they're sick, but then they realized they don't have it.
Speaker 2: I won't bore my.
Speaker 1: Audience with this again, but just quickly, this guy that seemingly had put this huge nail on a construction site through his foot and boot was in agony, and they treated with him all kind of treated him with all kinds of painkillers, got him to hospital, and when they finally cut the boot off, it hadn't gone through his foot at all. It had gone between his big toe and his second toe, so the skin wasn't even broken. But this guy was in extreme agony, and even when they gave him the painkillers it didn't And then you think, how the fuck does this work? And then instant relief because they went, mate, You've got not only did it not go through your foot, you don't have any injury at all. And he's like okay and good, Like how crazy? What are your thoughts on the science of pain or what do you as a physician and an observer of human behavior?
Speaker 2: What do you know about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean there's there's a lot. It's complex or so many pieces good to psychological piece you just mentioned, and you know things things you're imprinted with as a child. Maybe you watch others respond to pain, and then maybe that guy with the boot, he thought I was yeah, I probably penetrated my foot. I should have pain, So I'm going to react like like society expects until he's is cognitively corrected, you know. But we see real pain too, and pains in different forms, and you know, central pain and neurological pain and all kinds of things. So you know, we're learning more about pain all the time and how to address it. But there's a lot of physical pain that's you know, a lot of my job deals with physical pain and how to treat that. And you know, we always try to get to the root cause of it. Right, if there's if the tiger has a thorn in his paw, you got to pull out the thorn, yes, if, But apparently if a tiger thinks you there's a thorn between his paws, his tees me, it's not.
Speaker 1: I think it's all about belief because belief to an extent drives physiology, or at least has a physiological consequence. Like if you believe you know something bad's happening and it's not, your physiology respondses though the bad things happening, right, you know, Or conversely, something great's happening when you're actually in danger. You're in danger, but you don't know, so there's no fear, so there's no fear response in the body because you just don't know, you know, so I think our brain turns it all on or off to an extent anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's experiment with the guy where they have like a baffle and a rubber arm and oh it's the guy's like, ah, oh wait, that wasn't me.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, where they've got that little board where he can't really Yeah, so over time it feels like that's actually your arm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, I was thinking about so with biohacking, we're trying to understand our body, and we're trying to heal our body, and we're trying to get there the quickest, healthiest, safest way. And I've been thinking lately about like trying to build a relationship with our body, like interception or interroception, where our body is always telling us stuff. They're always signs and signals and information coming from our body. But at the same time, I think either one with a lot of us have really disconnected from that knowingly or not, or we don't know how to interpret that or what to do with that, and we'd almost rather trust, you know, the person that we met seven minutes go to give us a pill to fix the thing versus listening to our own body.
Speaker 2: Not that we should necessarily prescribe stuff for ourselves.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, it's like it feels like something that's probably kept humans alife for a live for millennia many millennia has kind of been cut off because back in the day, we didn't have pills, powders, potions, surgeries, antibiotics, not like we do now anyway, And so they just understood what their body was telling them more. But now that seems to be almost a thing of the past.
Speaker 4: We're way to reactive to that. So right, people have it. You know something's wrong, they get immediate you know, help, look at me, help me, something's wrong, right, and you get pills thrown out you So yeah, I mean on thousands of years ago, you'd get plants or leaves rubbed on your wound or even you know, these African tribes knew how to open the skull. You see. You know, brain surgery isn't new. It's one of the oldest types of surgery. So you know, people with certain ailments, they would release the evil humors by opening the skull. It's called trephonation.
Speaker 2: Wow, how long is gone with that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean this has been done for thousands of years. And they would chew on like coca leaves, you know, for anesthesia, and they would take these stones and they would you know, cut off square, you know, into the into the skull and let it, let it ooze open, let it let it heal open. You know. So wow, that's not new. So I think we just are. We have way many more options. So people always, oh, go get look at this, fix this, give me something quick fix. You know. That's that's the mentality, at least here in the States.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like we've had.
Speaker 1: Digressing away from medicine a little bit, but I feel like over the whatever, they keep moving the goalpost three hundred thousand, I think they're out to about a million years of like human kind of cognitive you know, smartish humans doing stuff. And you think about all the former or some of the past civilizations, like where they're building pyramids with what were how we don't know, we couldn't do that today. Like they're moving one hundred ton rocks across sand and then getting an eighty ton rock on top of that up to this thing that's three hundred feet high and when you look at the corners of the pyramid, they are absolutely millimeter perfectly aligned east west, north south right.
Speaker 2: What we can't do that today, That's impossible.
Speaker 1: Today we don't have the technology or the whatever, right, But they did that then. I feel like there have been civilizations maybe that.
Speaker 2: Have come and gone, that had their own.
Speaker 1: Own technology, their own genius, their own capacity to do amazing shit. And maybe we're not the most evolved group that's ever been.
Speaker 4: I think there's credibility for that. Now. There's a there's a great TV show here in the States called Ancient Aliens. Do you get that one?
Speaker 1: I think we do. I haven't. I think that's on. I think that streams in one of our platforms.
Speaker 4: They cover these topics and the you know, the compelling you know, petroglyphic evidence and things like the pyramids, how perfect they are and things. And interesting here in the States is that in the last couple of years, eleven high ranking scientists have either been killed or missing who deal with some of this potential knowledge UFOs and all kinds of things. There's something that we're not supposed to know that we want to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think so too. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there's definitely a lot of shit that is known by some people that is controlled right so that that can't get out because apparently it would freak us all out if we all knew, or there'd be some kind of negative impact.
Speaker 4: Perhaps, yeah, that's not we have mass rioting if yeah, if we knew what we're not supposed to know exactly, that's social control. Governments need to maintain that social control. But you're here to disrupt it, and that's what I love about you, Craig and Tiff.
Speaker 1: I do think like the older I get, the more I know that I don't know much right, and I'm not being falsely humble. It's like, oh fuck, I thought this, it's not that. And then I think, if I be as objective as I can be, which is not very because I'm me, But if I'm honest, I go, well, I've been wrong about maybe as many things as I've been right about, so assuming everything that I think now is right is just an exercise in ego and arrogance. So do I think things categorically are true?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do I believe things yes? Do I know that both of those could be wrong? Absolutely, because I've been wrong so many times. So I think when it comes.
Speaker 2: To you know, if anybody had spoke to me.
Speaker 1: About aliens and shit ten years ago, and I'm not an alien kind of devo, I would have gone, nah, not real, true, not true, bullshit.
Speaker 2: And then the more that I hear stuff, go oh maybe.
Speaker 1: And then you hear about the vastness of the universe and you think about like, how fucking unimaginably huge the universes, and we go, no, we are absolutely the only life form in the universe.
Speaker 2: No, it's just us.
Speaker 1: Well, how the fuck would I even have the beginning of understanding to know that that's true. Maybe that's just a story that we tell ourselves because the other story is a bit terrifying or uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And the truth is, we don't know that's the truth.
Speaker 1: We can believe there isn't, but we don't have evidence that there isn't. And you can also say, well, we don't evidence have evidence that there is. That's also true, but we don't have proof that there isn't. So, as you know, it's that being open minded, especially when it means having to consider the thing that makes you comfortable or is very familiar or is integrated into your identity. When you think about that being wrong, well, of course, emotionally you push back against that because I don't want to be wrong, because that's going to fuck up my last thirty years of reality, because I've believed this since I was twenty.
Speaker 4: And that's where the Eber game comes in.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yeah, Well we all grew up in a model that.
Speaker 1: Tells us that, you know, only doctors know well, doctors are great, but maybe not only medical doctors have insight into healing and health and recovery, and you know what appears to be magic outside of the four walls of the logic that is medicine. Anyway, Hi, doctor Jeff, I'm marked from Yeah, I'm marked from Brisbane.
Speaker 2: I'm forty eight.
Speaker 1: I've got a bulging disc in my lie back and constant stiffness. Am I a candidate for regenerative treatments? I like how he writes? Or is that just hype?
Speaker 4: What Mark?
Speaker 1: Why would the bloke anyway? Is he a candidate for regenerative treatments? So I feel like we've probably gone here a befure, but let's cover it quickly.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, possibly we need to know more if you if you look at final discs, they do degenerate with time. They get shorter, they get you know, we get shorter because of that. Do you ever notice how after a night's rest of lying down taking gravity off, and you get into the car in the morning, you have to adjust the rear view mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because you're literally a bit taller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're taller. You've rehydrated a bit so. So discs tend to have some bulging over our lifetime. Bulging, it's is a diffuse relaxing of the annulst, just like we might get a little love handle around the middle, or maybe some wrinkles on the face. Bulging does not necessarily hurt. If you did MRIs of pain free people, twenty percent the minority, but still some real number would have bulges. Now, the pathological entity, the problem entity that does require attention often, not always, but often is an actual herniated disc. It's they are not the same herniations and bulges, and people, even doctors misconstrued those all the time. So herniations where some of the material the disc is actually out of place, and it's usually a very limited area on the disc. If you think of the discs as having an equator. Herniation is usually just one continent around the globe, so the herniations come in different forms. You might have heard words like protrusion or extrusion or free fragment. Those are all herniations. So if you only truly have a bulge, you probably don't need regenerative treatment. That's probably not the cause of your back pain necessarily. If you have a herniation that was misreference as a bulge because you were given that word or it's a popular social term, which it is here as well, then we would take a closer look at the MRI details. We would correlate that with your specific symptoms, not just your back pain, but where's your back pain? What provokes the back pain? Does it go down your butt or your leg or tingle in your foot? We need to know all this. You need to be examined and that's that correlation. That's the essence of the practice of medicine. Then and only then might we say, oh, okay, I perceive that some of these symptoms might be coming from this discarnation. We might try a test injection we block or numb the pain fibers along and the inflammatory chemicals along that nerve path that is a selected epidural injection at the side of that disc. It might only be on one side, might be. And then if you have at least a temporary benefit, because sometimes you can have a longer lasting but if you have at least a temporary benefit that's meaningful, then we say, ah, that is the disk. It is giving us trouble here because we block that spot and you felt better, then and only then we go with the options. The options could include surgery to clean up the disc that's slipping out, It could include another and if the injection lasts many, many, many months, you might well, let's do one of those a year or twice a year. And then we might look at regenerative medicine, which would be injecting in that same spot some of these highly anti inflammatory stem cell based cell signals. Now we have other techniques. Now we use peptides. I've talked about peptide as many times. It's my favorite topic these days. And then you know, we also take a look at you first. Maybe maybe you got a few extra pounds, a little too much beer in the midline, mid section, and we need to work on, you know, just restoring your core structures through the right type of therapies and exercise, and that I should have I should have led with that. That's actually come first. No, so we have the whole picture.
Speaker 1: You can tiff over there blowing our eyes with a microphone off. Turn on your mic for a minute. Yes, I feel I feel like I've caught something just watching you.
Speaker 2: Are you going to make it through this the show?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, mate, I'm not sure. Every day there's just there's a new symptom.
Speaker 2: So are you still full of snot?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Today more than ever? Wow? Wow, that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Shout out to those people eating a custard tide up moment. You're welcome, Oh, TIFFs, stop it, hope you hope you're enjoying your corn flakes.
Speaker 2: Perfect, all right, we'll go back to blowing your big red nose. You look like fucking Rudolph.
Speaker 1: You need some reindeer behind you and a sleigh such palih.
Speaker 2: Are are we precious? You'll be right, You'll be right, all right, turn your mic off. Blow your nose.
Speaker 1: So, I don't know what this this seems like. I don't know if this is much of a question.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Pete.
Speaker 1: Pete from Drew and Druan's a little country town where my mum grew up. He says, Dr Jeff, I would like your thoughts on the reality and the BS. He wrote BS, he didn't write the actual word. Well done, Pete, your thoughts on the reality and the BS of anti aging. I know that's a very broad question, but I don't know if you'd like to speak.
Speaker 2: To that at all. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like that, thanks, Pete. So you know your your grandmother tie how to do anti aging at the very beginning, eat right, sleep right, you know, brush your teeth, I mean, you do. All those things have anti aging qualities and properties. The modern world really buggered that up. So there are many things you can do to help slow and reverse inflammatory stress at the cellular level. That's really aging, what aging is, and and you're doing those things, it is anti aging. You can actually reverse the aging of your cells. And you know, because you are an equals one, we don't know if that makes you live longer or not. But when you look at populations of people who who behave a certain way, who walk ten thousand steps a day, who you know, eat organically things like that, they tend to be healthier and live longer. So we're learning more about those behaviors and techniques all the time, and there are many approaches to that. That's a topic that's on every day and I talk to patients about every day. So it's not BSPE, but you've got to do the work.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's part of the the barrier to real transformation, lasting transformation for people, is that like a lot of the stuff that works, the stuff that we should do if this is our goal, is not sexy or fast or comfortable, or you know.
Speaker 2: It's like wow, well fucker really walked into that. Really go the gym five days a week or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And you know, like a lot of the things that we need to do are fun or comfortable or convenient, and we are a culture addicted to fun and convenient and comfortable.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That seems to me like a mental barrier, not so much a physical issue.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, It's an instant gratification culture and people don't want to get off the couch and you know, or some people do exercise, but maybe they don't eat right there. You know, there are so many simple elements that you could apply to have a healthier longevity.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I don't want to mention any names, I'll get myself in trouble. But there have been a few over the last decade people kind of commenting or sharing publicly about.
Speaker 2: You know, big is beautiful and all of that.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying it is and I'm not questioning, but the messaging was being big is beautiful being you know, we all just need to accept how we are, who we are and all of that. And you know, and now some of these people who were very big and overweighthed a borderline skinny on ozepic, so when the possibility came to change their body drastically, they changed it. I'm like, there's a mixed messaging. I can take a post from you nine years ago where you go, you know, this is how I want to be and how I'm comfortable in this and I'm lovable and this is me. And it's like, now they weigh fucking forty eight kilos some of them, and or one hundred pounds or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know. And I'm not saying right wrong, good bad.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I feel like sometimes we tell the story we want to tell because that just suits us. It may not be the unequivocal, absolute, deep down truth Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: People feel bad about themselves when they don't fit in a cultural norm sometimes, and yes, and they have to give themselves a pat on the back say it's okay, I'm still lovable. I get that. That doesn't mean obesity is healthy.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yeah, I've been telling them that, telling that to people for years. It's like, you can be an awesome person worthy of all the love and respect. Of course, like I don't like people more or less or love them more or less based on their weight or their fucking appearance.
Speaker 2: It doesn't like it's not an issue.
Speaker 1: But I'm not talking about whether or not you're a great person or lovable or brilliant or creative or gifted. I'm talking about the fact that there absolutely is a relationship between the state that your body is in and illness and morbidity and health span and lifespan.
Speaker 2: These are not insults. This is science. There's not a criticism of you. This is a scientific reality that you're pretending doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: That's right. I completely agree with you that on that topic. And I'm not here to shame anyone. I mean, you know, there's a lot of reason's why you might be that way, and you know, people have trouble with wheat and we have more solutions now. Like you said, o zampek GP medications, peptides back a peptid topic. So these are very powerful and useful tools if done correctly, you still got to do the work. You got to change your lifestyle because once you stop that GLP, your appetite comes throwing back. You may go back to the very pathways that got you there in the first place.
Speaker 1: Speaking of this topic, it's probably relevant because I'm sure some of our listeners are using ozenbic and the like, which is, if you are well done all the support all that, what are some things that other than taking that, that people can do that are going to help the long term success and support their body. Because it's not all flowers and unicorns with these drugs. There are potential downsides. So what else should people who are using these things think about and perhaps even implement to look craft to themselves beyond the however long it is that I use the drug?
Speaker 4: Well, they need to be looking towards behavioral changes that stay after you stop the drug. They need to focus on muscle building, because you will lose some muscle during the process, especially with the ozepic much more so than let's say the Reddit truetide. But still you want to focus on muscle, which means you have to be eating protein and exercising hard, you know, work to failure intensity, different different types of things. And then you know, also, since you're not as hungry when you do eat, you really need to have intention about eating healthy things, because if you have a super healthy diet every now and then you want to go off the rails and have, you know, some really greasy pizza, you're going to be okay. But if you're having pizza and fresh frise every day, that's an issue.
Speaker 1: Definitely okay. Josh thirty four from the Gold Coast. I'm jealous of you, Josh thirty four. I tol my maniscous, but I'm still functional.
Speaker 2: Should I leave it? Fix it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: These are hard questions listeners, because doctor Jeff would normally at the very least see someone. So these are hard questions to answer. I guess, but to my miniscus still functional? Should I leave it, fix it surgically or explore other options?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I like the hard questions. I like this actually, So if you're still functional and that any related pain discomfort whatever word you want to use, is tolerable and you're improving. Yeah, and the tear is not a large tear. You don't have to fix it. Yes, you don't have to surgery for it. You know there's a knee jerk or a lot of the orthopedic doctors will see this. Oh, we've got to fix it, because that's that's your orthopedic surgeons. You know, are these smart people who then become cavemen and you know, you break a bone. Nay, all they want to do is fix it. You know, bone broke, You must fix bone. Same thing with her medical taire is right. Care must prepare tear, you know. No, it's not always the case. So if you're doing okay and it's not going the wrong direction, and now may not be the time to fix it, and it might be the time to look at some peptides or regenerative medicine to help improve the cartilage around there so you can overcome it.
Speaker 2: Roger that all right, Ryan twenty nine, Sydney.
Speaker 1: I've got tend and artists that just won't go away. What are your thoughts? He said, why do some injuries become chronic? That's what he actually said, But I'm like, well that if you want, and then how do we maybe treat this long term tendin artists?
Speaker 4: Well, typically, Ryan, you know, things become chronic because your repair factors your ability to repair. You've outpaced it and you can't repair like you did when you were younger, and that repair is usually meaning that the inflammations become chronic and you have to do everything you can to fight that. And that could be an anti inflammatory diet. It could be you know, revisiting what exercises or rehabilitation or therapies you've done to build up the muscles around that tendon. Could be a really good flexibility routine, you know. It might be you need some type of anti inflammatory medication for a short while or an injection just to just to you know, break the cycle and then then really get in on working out. A lot of people are using something called shockwave therapy, now not electroshock therapy, but shockwave. So it's basically a very powerful thumping, like like you would do to break up a kidney stone, like a lith of trips. Yeah, yeah, And they make devices or certain clinics you can go to and have them break up sort of the tough tendon that that continues that cycle of inflammation. So usually tendinitis is more pronounced far away from the center of the body. So we're talking feet, you know, we're talking about plantar fasci itis, We're talking about achilles tendonitis, or maybe at the wrist or hand elbow. Those are those are the most common areas. I'd say that that that lead to persistence that you have to really fight.
Speaker 1: This is from Craig Harper sixty two, The U Project Craig riots good au old fuck how No he doesn't.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask you.
Speaker 1: About and for you to I don't even know what your thoughts are on this. I have a bit of an idea, but I personally know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I would have to guess a bit.
Speaker 1: But at the least ten, at the most twenty women who use testosterone, which when I say that to lots of people, they go like, that's not even something they ever heard of or thought about. And the immediate reaction is, oh, my god, like why would you you know? It's like, ah, why are women now using generally it's a cream, is.
Speaker 2: My understanding, But you'll know better than me.
Speaker 1: Why are women now being prescribed testosterone, which all of most of us go, well, that's a man thing for sure. Don't put that in there. What stood happening features, benefits and advantages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're all culturally attuned to estrogens for women and testosterones for men, but really we are all. Both sexes have some of all of that. They're in the same sort of path came biochemical pathways. They can convert to each other. To starsterone is meat into estrogen. So a woman cannot have estrogen unless she's making testosterone, and a woman has a normal amount of testosterone. If they lose that, they lose drive, they lose energy, they lose motivation, they lose libido, and they lose the ability to maintain muscle mass. So even when we do hormone replacement for women, we look at the testosterone level, and if we've replaced estrogen and progesterone and the testosterone is still low, we might ask some certain questions about their energy and other things and give them a little bit back. A typical in milligrams per deestolator for women we shoot for about fifty or so, maybe a little more, and men we're looking at, you know, six to eight hundred, so we're looking at less than a tenth of the male dose. So don't freak out everybody. You're not converting women into men. You're making them better women.
Speaker 1: You're not getting a jab in the bottom in the locker room of the gym.
Speaker 4: There are women who will do injections, just a lot smaller dose or a lot less frequently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are they?
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter. That was going to be a very irrelevant question. Do you think that the acceptance and the understanding. I know in Australia it's I think we're ten years behind America in some of these things. In the States, it seems to be this, you know, TRT seems to be a lot more acceptable, definitely with men, and a lot more common and less taboo.
Speaker 2: Like I've heard lots of actors and.
Speaker 1: Podcasters and you know, various people talk about it publicly, So it seems not to be the dirty dark secret that it once was when you and I and TIF. I'm sure, like I could look at films because I grew up in gyms with blokes taking steroids, like in the eighties, it wasn't even a thing, and you might as well have been taken creatine like, I won't say the name of the gym, but I worked in a gym where I would say it was a very room mentory fund like basic gym, but it was just it was like lots of tradesmen and cops and crooks and hard heads and bouncers and like. It was definitely not your five star facility, but it was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was an awesome.
Speaker 1: Environment and culture, and everyone trained like animals, but half of them were on steroids, and half of them would injected in their ass or their leg or their shoulder, literally in the change. But we're talking about nineteen eighty three and four. We're talking about four decades ago. But it wasn't seen. And by the way, everyone, I'm not suggesting that's a good practice. I'm just saying what was.
Speaker 2: But it seems to be shifting back now where people are thinking about it as a legitimate treatment.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, testosterone has used to restore a missing amount, and we have a lot of that here in America, where you know, were a lot of men becoming women, and they think it has to do with the microplastics that are interrupting hormones and things like that, But who knows be that as it may, there's a need for tesoscer and replacement. We're seeing in thirty year olds forty year olds very low testoscer levels, so yes, necessity. Now, anabolic steroids have a role too. If you have wasting away disease cockexia. You know they used to give it to you know, people with advanced aids yea, so who are losing all their muscles. So there's a role for that now. Of course, there's a downside anabolic steroids. You know, liver cancers and.
Speaker 3: You know you.
Speaker 4: Shrivel up your testes and you know they don't work in that kind of thing, So there are downsides as well. But you can win the bodybuilding championship.
Speaker 1: But when you said men a becoming women, you went talking about somebody transitioning. You were literally talking about their physiology changing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am. I'm talking about a culture of emasculation, chemical emasculation that's going on here in the States.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so interesting. All right, let me just have a scroll. I'm sorry, a lot of these are bit Rachel forty three from Barron Bay also jealous Barren Bay's absolutely beautiful doc. Are their lifestyle factors that make these treatments more or less effective.
Speaker 2: I guess we've kind of covered that in a way, but.
Speaker 4: No, anything we do. We want to focus on anti inflammatory lifestyle. You're gonna if you're going to pay, you know, a few thousand dollars for a regeneritive medicine treatment. Yes, you should be. We should get your diet dialed in. We should get your sleep dialed in. We should get your exercise regimen dialed in, your supplements, your nutrition, your mental space, everything should be. Yeah, you want to nest properly for this treatment so it can do as much as it can for yourselves.
Speaker 1: Rob for medeali'd sixty one. Aus can you explain in terms that I will understand? Good on you, Rob, stem cell therapy. I don't in then he rits I don't get.
Speaker 4: It, Rob. Let's let's you're going to get it after this, okay. So stem cell therapy is a way of taking our older bodies that can't repair themselves like they used to. What do I mean by that? Well, when you were three years old, you skin your knee on the sidewalk, and you know you would cry, Mother would clean it up, put a bandage on it, kiss you send you on your way and three days later in the bathtub, the bandage comes off and your scabsam was completely healed. Now fast forward your fifty seven year years old you fall down skin your knee and it takes two weeks for that bad thing to heal. You're the same person with the same genes. Why don't you heal like a youthful person. Well, because if you accumulated a bunch of inflammatory damage over the years, you've got a bunch of junk, you know, and your cells just can't do what they used to. Stem Cell therapy slash regenitive medicine is tapping back into that youthful healing and applying it to allow and trick and hack and encourage your cells to behave in a more youthful way to help you heal or repair something or slow aging. That's what it's all about. Yeah, yeah, Rob, do you get it?
Speaker 2: Robin? I think you got it? What's that?
Speaker 1: What's that dude? Divid doctor Divid Sinclair, isn't it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: You know that Divid Sinclair and that other less medical but more experimental guy who are really going down the anti aging rabbit hole, Brian Brian Johnson. You know that Doodo who spends like a million dollars a year up he's well in the biohacking space.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on and this is not a loaded question, what are your thoughts on?
Speaker 1: You know, their their research like a lot of Brian Johnson has really self it's an equals one. He's the he's the research and the researched and the researcher.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on the stuff that they're doing?
Speaker 4: Well, I think we need handle them separately. So David Sinclair is you know, works for a sponsored Harvard lab dealing with something called n MN, which is you know, from mitochondrial pathways. It helps supply you know, a nicotinamide marcule. There are many ways to get nicotinamide into your system. Yes, any D plus is what the goal is here in any D plus does decline with age. It's hard to measure if you need it or not because it's hard to measure the intrast cellular amount. And you know, he he controversially, you know, was was working towards trying to make it, you know, a patent or controlled substance for big pharma to take over. And when he was asked about that a year and a half ago at the A four M meeting, which is a big anti AG meeting in Las Vegas. He said, well, my lab is sponsored. I have to you know, I have to. They have to have a return on investment. So these are natural natural supplements. You know this this should not be controlled or limited. But it sounds like the best way to get N A D plus is to take a supplement called nucleotide riboside. And are you can buy that? You know, well, I don't know. In Australia, you guys are limited. We can buy it on our Amazon here. So that's a popular substance. I've tried different forms of N A D plus I V and what have you. I didn't feel anything. Some people do feel something, so maybe they're low. Maybe I wasn't. I don't know. You know, mitochondria are the goal here. Take care of your mitochondria and you're taking care of your cells. You got to have all the different B vitamins and if you if you're missing that gene that methylates it, then you got to get it methylated become in a methilated form. So there are many different aspects of mitochondrial health and NMN slash NR slash NAD plus is only one of them.
Speaker 1: Wow, if I feel like you're looking this up because you're going to get you and may achilo over h.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're always looking up. We're always looking up.
Speaker 2: The good doctor always.
Speaker 4: Wanted this is good. This is fact checker Tiff is right at it.
Speaker 3: Can I ask your question?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Thank god on behalf of way too many of the fame menopausal women in my gym and clients of mine. Frozen shoulder, bro, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Frozen shoulder. And we should add this hip tendonitis. A lot of a lot of women get hip pain. And those tendons in the shoulder and in the tenons, ligaments, the cartilage tissues, they get drier, just like a lot of body parts get drier and women their skin, their eyes, their privates get dry and things like that. So the tenons dry out that they're not as flexible, and it's a it's a symptom going into menopause that can be avoided if you do everything you can to keep your cells kick cooking along in a youthful way. And that usually requires the bioidentical hormone replacement you know that really help help that. And of course, nothing replaces good flexibility and strengthening and all that.
Speaker 2: They have it.
Speaker 3: Is there anything like it seems to be something that lasts for a couple of years even when you do the best things for it. Is there anything that moves that along quicker? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean there are you know, regenerative medicine, either injections or ivs, you know, you know, really really working on the flexibility some good year and yoga or stretching. You know, it's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to be a six week stretching protocol. It's going to be a six month stretching protocol. So yeah, you can work on it for sure, thank you.
Speaker 2: Sure, I've got two questions, two questions before we jam, doc, What is I mean obviously nowhere near your level and understanding supplements and all the things available to us and peptides and drugs and all the things that have been used by various people.
Speaker 1: But like I first became aware of supplements in I would say nineteen eighty two three when it comes in Australia about that time called Masashi launched, which was they were they did like all the aminos and a whole range of different stuff. There used to be this thing called frack. There was another thing called gamma oles, and there was like desiccated liver was chewed by bodybuilders, like lollies, like all of these. And I remember taking el carnatine and l R janine and it was just this powder that tastes it like, oh my god, it was like the worst tasting thing I've ever It was.
Speaker 2: Like dry dead fish. It's stunk.
Speaker 1: But a whole bunch of things that I took, and I mean all over the counter supplements, but I remember one day realizing that I was now taking about forty forty five pills or tablets today and I literally went, I'm going to take zero for a week. It made no difference. It made absolutely no difference. Now maybe that's just because I didn't.
Speaker 2: But so my.
Speaker 1: Question is, in the last few decades, the most overrated but underperforming miracle drugs supplement that's come out and been all whiz bang and then kind of fallen on its ass.
Speaker 4: Oh interesting, something that's come out and fallen and then turned.
Speaker 1: Out well, something that got a whole lot of press that really fizzled out and we went or a whole lot of momentum, and it's like, yeah, no, it doesn't do it.
Speaker 4: Well, we've seen, you know, our own FDA reverse reverse themselves on many things. Let me think of a drug. Well, for a while, we were using these anti inflammatories back in the nineties and early two thousands called extra or bios. These were cocks two blockers, and they were very very effective using inflammatory pain for joint and spine issues, but we were causing all kinds of cardiovascular problems and heart attacks.
Speaker 2: I remembers vioux was killing people, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: It was also making them feel better until it killed them, so you felt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, died with a smile on your face, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they got pulled off the market. That's probably the biggest thing I can think of in my career.
Speaker 2: Up until his heart exploded, he was so happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Last one the opposite of that, the most valuable but perhaps underestimated supplement drug hormone, peptide whatever, but something that's really quite valuable for most people, but really underdiscussed, unknown and maybe underestimated.
Speaker 4: Ooh, I got two that popped into my head. I don't know where to go with this. I'm gonna I'm gonna give you multiple choice. I'm going to tell you both, and you pick the one, okay, right, all right? Melatonin and probiotics.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's a person dependent Like I use probiotics and they really move the needle for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for.
Speaker 1: Me it would be that, but for others it'll be melotonin. And give us the quick sale speech for each of those.
Speaker 4: Melatonin is not just to help you sleep. It is a It is supports cellular repair at night. It's a hormone that we just don't make well after puberty, so it helps replace that hormone, just like you replace testosterone. And it really answers your quality of sleep, your depth of sleep, and that means your cells are repairing better and you need that if you want to slow aging and heal other things. On the probiotics side, we have a very intimate relationship with the bacteria that live in us and honest and you have to have the right mix for optimal anti inflammatory, anti aging health. They support the brain, they support other parts of the body. So I do recommend a high quality probiotic.
Speaker 2: I mean, if what's your favorite.
Speaker 1: I know you take a lot of drugs, but what's the supplement that I'm kidding, like, either now or over time, what's the supplement or the support for you that's been like the best bang for buck so to speak.
Speaker 3: Creatine definitely, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, creatinees kind of or our awareness or understanding of what it does, because it used to just be like a get bigger muscles thing. Now we allegedly, doctor Jeff, it's a cognitive enhancer.
Speaker 2: Are you on that train?
Speaker 4: I totally am. I'm a personal creatine user. We recommend it to a lot of people. It's you know, it's it's hard to take a lot of creatine during the day. You have to be strategic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, perfect, you're the best.
Speaker 1: Tell people how to connect with you and your home address if you would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So listen to the U project to hear me. That's where you find me. That's the only thing I do. The rest of the month. I sit home and cry. But I you look us up. Our brand is re Celebrate our e c E L L E B R A t E at re Clebrate reselebrate dot com. You know what, if you put it on a social it will pop up for the most part. So we made up the word in sort of corner the Internet on it and home address is right here in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Speaker 1: Hey, listeners, this what I'd like you to do, right rather than doing a Q and A one.
Speaker 2: Firstly, maybe go.
Speaker 1: Have a look at the docs, the doc site, his background, his bio, the work he does, so you can get a like a a bigger understanding of what he does. And then based off that, go to my Facebook group or the you Project Facebook group and tell us one or two topics that you would like us to do a deep dive on.
Speaker 2: We can still do.
Speaker 1: Some Q and A if you like, but if there's an area or areas that you would really like us to commit, you know, twenty or thirty minutes too, and then we can do maybe two of those in the show. That'd be good because we also want to talk about stuff that you want to hear. Otherwise it's just you know, me kind of stepping into the wilderness taking the best guess at what might be valuable to you, the listener.
Speaker 2: So we would love to be guided by you in this way.
Speaker 1: Thanks TIF, hope you get better, keep your snid to yourself.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: I hope you're breathing, are you breathing all over your boy. Did I tell you, Jeff that tif's got a new bloke Everyone in Australia knows.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this is we've let it. Let us know in the States that you're off the market. There, let me let me cross her name off right now, Yeah, there I go.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, it's true. Appreciate you both. Thanks Stoff. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: Thank you anytime. Be well.