Speaker 1: On scorn Lils Oscodia.
Speaker 2: This is the reader Panecky Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the reader Panicky Show. Coming up tonight. Why the latest news poll has the Albanizer government in panic mode? The lessons from the failed race based referendum. I'll speak with Dan Wild about that shortly. The latest from the US with Alex Stein and what major motion picture is being slammed as one of the worst films ever made. I'll discuss that with Kinsey Schofield and we never miss Left is losing it tonight. Kamala tries a new Jamaican accent.
Speaker 4: Have you know empathy man?
Speaker 3: You know for the suffering? Now, today's news poll shows the Coalition leading Labor for the first time since the May twenty two election. This is an enormous boost for the opposition and in particular Peter Dutton. Is the one year anniversary today of The Voice being defeated, and it was through the Voice that Peter Dutton showed Australians that he is a conviction politician. He can articulate a conservative position and is unashamed about pursuing those goals, something many so called conservative leaders in the past have failed to do and that strength, that contrast with the Prime minister is partly why Anthony Alberize's approval rating has also fallen to a new low. Now, let's have a look at some of the data. The Coalition have a two point lead now over the Labor government in the two party preferred figures, the two major parties did not actually see a change to their primary vote from the last News poll. Coalition is still at at thirty eight percent, Labor at thirty one, But that change in the two party preferred vote for the coalition is due to more preferences flowing to them. Newspaul showed that one percent of the Greens went down by one percent and one nation went up by one percent. Joining me now for more on this as Daniel Wild, Deputy executive director at the Institute of Public Affairs, Dan, what do you make of these figures? If they hold, will the Albert Easy government be a one term? Wonder?
Speaker 5: At the moment reader, if these figures hold, it will probably be a labor minority government, but of course the momentum is shifting against Labor and towards the Coalition. I think your assessment is right, which is that Australians are rewarding Peter Dutton and the Coalition for sticking to the values, particularly on the Voice to Parliament, where Australians did not want to be divided by race. We've also seen important policy around nuclear power, around big business and other key areas. So you know what this shows, reader, is that Australians will back leaders who have vision and who stick to their principles and who reflect and speak up for the values of mainstream Australians. And that is exactly what Peter Dutton and the Coalition are doing at the moment.
Speaker 3: Now. Today does mark the one year anniversary of the failed Voice referendum, and the Yes advocates are still in denial, utter denial about what happened and why they continue to blame things like misinformation and disinformation for the defeat of the Voice instead of accepting the reality that the overwhelming majority of Australians do not want to be separated by race. We don't want to have racial privilege enshrined into our founding document. Earlier today, there was a heated debate between a NO advocate Warren Mundine and YES advocate Eddie sinnot deal with the.
Speaker 6: Real issues of crime to deal with the real issues of education and deal with the real issues of economic participation.
Speaker 7: There were many, many pieces of misinformation. It was something that the No campaign was able to exploit and use very well. Warren's problem with the truth and honesty. Just continue worrying.
Speaker 6: This is the lie. This is the lie that he goes on with. This bloke is a worrying boy.
Speaker 8: Warren, and I got the statistics, I got all the information to show you you're often a fantasy world.
Speaker 6: Start focusing on the local people and.
Speaker 7: Stop going on with this stupidity about calling people lit Now.
Speaker 3: Voice architect Megan Davis has also lashed out. She took the opportunity to express her support for Labour's draconian Misinformation Bill because she says that the No vote was built on lies, so called lies that were propagated, and that the result could have been different if those misinformation laws were in place. Is she right down where the Yes camp victims of disinformation?
Speaker 9: Well, it shows that the elites don't get it.
Speaker 1: Reader.
Speaker 5: One year on, they don't understand why Australians voter know, which was the simple reason that we do not want to be divided by race.
Speaker 9: It was that simple.
Speaker 5: Now, the interesting question is whether those if these proposed misinformation laws were.
Speaker 9: In place, would the No campaign have one.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Maybe they wouldn't have because the misinformation laws are about censorship. They are about censoring the opinions of mainstream Australians. We saw unprecedented censorship throughout the Voice debate by tech companies and by government. And what it shows is that on referendum night Anthony Abernezi himself he blamed misinformation. Well, it's time to put up or shut up to those Yes campaigners who are saying the No campaign only one.
Speaker 9: Because of lies. What were they?
Speaker 5: What was the misinformation that the No campaign engaged in. They don't have any examples, because there are none. Australians understood what the Voice was about. They understood it very well and they comprehensively rejected it.
Speaker 3: Well, they may say that the suggestion that the Ullery statement from the Heart was more than one page would be a piece of disinformation, when of course it wasn't because it was certainly more than one page, and they objected to that fact being shared. And you're so right. What's often called disinformation misinformation are just inconvenient facts that left don't want to the public to know about. And I think really throughout that debate, Dan, the most impactful arguments were the arguments from the S camp. When you actually broke down the positions these people had what they've argued for in the past. When you quoted them word for word, which I often did in columns I wrote or on this program, that is what really brought the message home to Australians that this is something that we do not want in our constitution. We do not want to have racial division, racial privilege enshrined into our founding document.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right, And if there was misinformation, it was by the Yes campaign. I mean remember the Prime Minister himself said, oh, this is just a modest proposal.
Speaker 9: It's a modest request. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: It was fundamentally changing the entire edifice of our parliamentary democracy by permanently enshrining racial division in our nation's founding documented. So it's just a tiny little request. It was never a grassroots movement. It was a movement designed by and for the elite activist class. And that's why Australians voted for it. They're not silly. They understood that this was not going to create one job, stop one crime from being committed, or fix one single problem out in the bush.
Speaker 3: Now, let's have a little trip down memory lane and see how the likes of Warren Mundine and Just Enterprise were treated by segments of the media.
Speaker 8: We're going to sit here and cop laws from.
Speaker 3: Well, we're not going to sit here. You abusing before a National treasure like Marcia Lanton who never said that Australians were racist and her.
Speaker 9: Words were twisted. I'm going to stop you.
Speaker 3: Their warrant.
Speaker 6: People make the decisions.
Speaker 3: I think, well, we've just seen who Warren Mundane is.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 3: Do you have any thing further.
Speaker 11: To add I didn't say that Australians are racist.
Speaker 3: National Treasure Aron, Here is a video that Warren Mundane was referring to, and yes it does appear to be to show that National Treasure Marsha Langdon did actually say that the No campaign was racist while speaking at a Regional West Australian forum.
Speaker 11: Every time the No case raises one of their arguments, if you start pulling it apart, you get down to base racism. I'm sorry to say it, but that's where it lands. Or just sheer stupidity.
Speaker 3: And remember these hideous remarks that Noel Pearson made about just Center namber Jinpurprice on ABC Radio during a fifteen minute winch fest that the ABC allowed to go unchallenged.
Speaker 12: She's caught in a vortex. That reminds me of Pauline Hanson twenty six years ago, because paul and Hansen got caught in a vortex, and it's a celebrity vortex, a celebrity bortex. It's very compelling, that gets her out in front of people and that gets a lot of cheers, but it's also a redneck celebrity vortex. And their strategy was to find a blackfellow to punch down on other blackfellows.
Speaker 3: Dan, there was so much ugliness, so much division. Has the country healed from that yet?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're still bitterly divided, reader.
Speaker 5: The Prime Minister has comprehensively failed to unite us after the Voice defeat. We've got the activist class that keep on trying to divide us. They understand why Australians voted no. My concern, though, reader, is that we won the war, but we are at risk of losing the peace because, as you know, these activists don't stop just because Australians democratically voted no. We've still got treaty processes underway where I am in South Australia. They've got a state based voice to Parliament even though two thirds of South Australians voted no. So at the end of the day, we need to make sure that racial division of any kind is refuted because it has no place in our country.
Speaker 3: Now let's move on to the state premiers being accused of being disrespectful after a number of them, including the Victorian and New South Wales premiers, a declined and invitation to meet with our Head of State, King Charles the Third when he arrives in Australia this week, and no state premier will attend a special reception in Canberra later in the week which is said to be attended by a number of high profile political and community leaders. Premiere just Into Alan from Victoria has declined to attend. Instead, she's sending a junior labor MP, Nick staykhosts I've never ever heard of him in her place. New South Wales Premier Chris Mins. He says he's got a cabinet meeting so he won't be able to be there. Queensland Premier Steven Miles has got an election campaign, has mainium premieres overseas, and the South Australian premier has also got a cabinet meeting, and Roger Cook from WA has other commitments. Stands so not exactly the red carpet treatment for our head of state there. Do you think that's fair enough? Do you think this is just a deliberate snubbing, or they're too busy with other things, or is it actually a principal position. If these premiers are Republicans, should they be sticking to their guns and saying we're not going to meet with the king because we don't even believe in that system.
Speaker 5: I think it's probably deliberate, to be honest, And even if they are Republicans, they should still respect the institutions of our constitutional democracy which have afforded them the opportunity to be in the positions that they are, and they should be more respectful to the king, because it's not just about the individual who happens to be the king at the time, as I say, it's about the institutions which flow from that. And we have an incredibly stable democracy, a well functioning democracy because in part the monarchy sits over that.
Speaker 9: So you know, this is really sort.
Speaker 5: Of university student activism level stuff that I think most Australians look at and they think it's pretty petty, to be honest, no matter what side you're on, it just looks petty.
Speaker 3: Well, he is still the head of state. So even if you're a Republican, I guess the argument would be until we are a republic, or if we are ever become a republic, this is the system that you've elected to participate in, and you've got to respect the head of state. Dan Wild, thank you for your time this evening. Now, education and particularly school choice are big election issues in the US. Doesn't receive the coverage it deserves, but it is certainly an issue tens of millions of Americans care passionately about. On the one side, you have the left, the bureaucracy, the unions led by this woman.
Speaker 13: Whether it's wages or a dignified retirement, or education opportunity or college without crushing death, or family leave or healthcare or housing, any of the things are important every single day.
Speaker 3: We need to fake to.
Speaker 13: Get Kamala Harris and ten Wall selected.
Speaker 3: Are you ready are you ready, Oh dear, that's Randy Winkgarden, the president of the American Federation of Teachers. And on the other side you have my next guest, who has been one of the most effective advocates for school ches, Corey DeAngelis. Thanks for your time. Randy there has targeted you personally in her speeches. Tell me why you think school choice is such an important issue.
Speaker 6: Well, look Brandy's video.
Speaker 2: There is basically free advertising for the school choice movement.
Speaker 6: Every time she opens her mouth.
Speaker 2: That should be counted as an inkind contribution to the Republican Party because she's fighting the trapped kids in her failing government run, unionized, monopolistic schools. And do you want this unhinged lunatic educating your kids.
Speaker 6: This is why we should have school choice.
Speaker 2: Families should be able to choose the school that works best for them, that has the best math, reading and writing outcomes, and also that in a way that aligns with your values. You want a curriculum that is not far left socialism. You want the schools to focus on the basics on education, not on indoctrination.
Speaker 3: Well, tell me about school choice. It essentially means that the parents have the power. The funding is attached to the child, so they could put their child in a school that may not necessarily be the one they're zoned to, but it's, like you said, one that matches their values, or has better academic results, a better sports program, whatever they're looking for. Where do the Trump and Harris camps land on this issue? Is this something that Kamala Harris may be willing to compromise on.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris is a communist who thinks your kids belong to the government, whereas Donald Trump understands that parents are the primary decision makers for their own kids.
Speaker 6: He believes in school choice.
Speaker 2: He's called for full throated universal school choice. He's on the side of parents. Kamala Harris is an enemy of parental rights and education. She could have chosen Josh Shapiro. He's the governor of Pennsylvania, a must win swing state in the US that Democrats need to win in November.
Speaker 6: She didn't choose him.
Speaker 2: Because he supported school choice. She chose Tim Walls, the tyrant, who was a former member of Randy Winegartens and American Federation of Teachers, and the Democrat Party in the US is a wholly owned subsidiary, the teachers Union. So Kamala Harris is going to do the bidding of the teachers unions, and that means trapping kids in their failing unionized in doctrination centers, whereas Donald Trump, he knows families are in the best position to make the best decisions for their own kids' education.
Speaker 3: And Randy Winegarden, I've got to say, she really did disgrace herself during the COVID era her desperation to keep schools closed for as long as possible, despite the fact that schools were open in much of the world, even places where there were lockdowns, and masking the smallest of kids, all sorts of measures that were just crazy, but the unions backed them strongly. Now, Trump has said that he wants federal education dollars to follow the student Tell me what that would mean for parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the US, we have the US Department of Education at the federal level provides about eight percent of funding. It shouldn't exist at all. I mean, it was great in nineteen seventy nine. Is a payoff from Jimmy Carter to the Teachers Union, the National Education Association, and in our constitution, the word education does not exist. So the entire department is a violation of our tenth Amendment.
Speaker 6: It should be up to the states.
Speaker 2: Each of our states have state level departments of education.
Speaker 6: That's all you really.
Speaker 2: Need, and we also have local school boards as well. But Donald Trump fighting for school choice, you can also abolish the department. There's a bill while also passing a bill in Congress right now called the Educational Choice for Children Act. It's a tax credit where people can get their federal tax dollars back to be used for KATE to twelve education expenses. So it's not actually, you know, federal public money following the student. It's people keep getting to keep more of their hard earned tax dollars and using that for.
Speaker 6: KATE the twelve education expenses.
Speaker 2: And you can also abolish the Department of Education at the same time.
Speaker 6: But we also have at the state level.
Speaker 2: There have been twelve states in the past three years that have passed universal school choice, having state.
Speaker 6: Dollars follow the child.
Speaker 2: And this is why Randy Weingarten's freaking out on stage just because we're winning so much. I'm almost getting tired of winning Rita. We've had so much momentum in the past three years more than we've had in the preceding three decades. Because they fought to keep the schools closed. They upset parents who got to see what was happening in the classroom and vote.
Speaker 6: Bacham said it best.
Speaker 2: We cannot continue to send our children to Caesar for their education and be surprised when they come home. As Romans, parents aren't surprised anymore.
Speaker 6: They've woken up. They're never going back to sleep.
Speaker 2: And that could get Donald Trump into the White House in November because he's on the side of parents.
Speaker 3: It is, like I said at the start, a huge issue for so many voters. Tell me about how much more is being spent on education and whether that's increased the academic results of the average student, because the spending seems to have exploded. You shared some data showing that around twenty thousand dollars is spent per student per year. That's one hundred and sixty percent more than one hundred and sixty percent high in real terms inflation adjusted to what was being spent in nineteen seventy. But the results are dropping. Where is that money going? Is it all going to the bureaucracy Like that graph which I.
Speaker 6: Saw, Yeah, exactly. The government school system has become.
Speaker 2: More of a jobs program for administrators and adults as opposed to an education initiative for kids. Since two thousand, enrollment for students that only went up by about five percent, Administrative staffing increase by about ninety five percent, about fourteen times the amount of student increase in places like Chicago, where they fought to.
Speaker 6: Keep the schools closed for two years.
Speaker 2: Here in Chicago, they've increased their staffing by twenty percent since twenty nineteen, but their student enrollment has decreased by ten percent. And what other industry do you lose your customers to the tune of about ten percent and then you go on a hiring spree. That's because it's a monopoly, has no incentive to spend money wisely. But guess what when you have school choice, when people can vote with their feet take their money elsewhere, well, the providers of the service, the district schools start to say, hey, maybe we should spend our money wisely, maybe we should listen to the pay parents. And then that is a rising tide that lifts all boats. Competition improves the outcomes in our government schools when parents can take their money elsewhere.
Speaker 6: So this is a win win solution.
Speaker 3: Corey Deangelas, thank you so much for your time this evening. Thank you still to come your favorite segment, Lefti's Losing It, Plus the latest from the US with Alex Stein, including a Donald Trump is appealing to jen Z voters. Welcome back. Now it's time for lefties losing it And let's start with the many accents of chameleon Kamala. She can go from Ivy League to the ghetto.
Speaker 4: So friends, sixty four days, let's just get through the next sixty four days.
Speaker 3: She's even pulled out a little Latino heat in recent weeks. But I believe this this may be the first time she's tried a Jamaican accent.
Speaker 4: Have you no empathy? Man, You're not for the suffering of other people? Have you no sense of purpose?
Speaker 3: She's so authentic, so likable and confident. Of course I jest. Now, Kamala has a man problem. And it's not just Doug knock him out, m Hoff. No, He's not the only one causing her headaches. But the fact that so many American men, including black men, do not want to vote for her. Now, the reasons are numerous. They're real and valid reasons, but of course the simplistic take is that these men must be sexist. Here is Barack Obama lecturing the Brothers as he calls them on why they must back Kamala.
Speaker 14: You did not yet see the same kind sort of energy and turn.
Speaker 15: Out in all words of.
Speaker 6: Our neighborhood's and communities isms.
Speaker 11: I was run.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 14: I also want to say that that seems to be more pronounced with the brothers.
Speaker 3: He then went on to lecture them about why they must pick Kamala and why any reluctance must be due to what sexist, misogynist monsters they are.
Speaker 14: You just aren't feeling the idea of having a woman as president, and you're coming up with other alternatives.
Speaker 6: And other reasons for them.
Speaker 14: And so now you're thinking about sitting out or even supporting somebody.
Speaker 6: Who has a history of tech agree to you.
Speaker 14: Because you think that's a side of strength, because that's what being a man is, putting women down. That's not exciting.
Speaker 3: Now that little ranch inspired some feedback from members of the black community, male and female.
Speaker 16: I want Barack Obama and every Democrat out there to know you do not own Black people.
Speaker 1: We are not slaves.
Speaker 16: Our chains are gone. We do not owe you anything, and we don't have to give you an account for how we choose.
Speaker 17: To vote the Democrats that unleashed Barack Obama into the while to shame us black men for not supporting Kamala Harris despite the fact that she's yet to unveil any policies that represent our interests. But if it was a white politician shaming other white man for not voting based on identity politics, y'all will call him racist. Why is it okay for Barack Obama, Kamala Harris and all these other people that supposedly look like me? Why is it okay for them to get on TV and shame me for not voting for them simply because they look like me.
Speaker 9: That's racist, brother, I don't know how else to put it. That is racism.
Speaker 17: I don't have to vote for Kamala because she's quote unquote black, just like I shouldn't have voted for Yo, because you got up there, you tap dance for the establishment, and you ain't do a goddamn for the black people that put you in office.
Speaker 18: You brother, you ain't got a last thing for us. In the eight years that she was in a White House. And you think you gonna pop up doing an election year and try to scold black myth and not wanting to vote for your candidate.
Speaker 3: Have you lost mine?
Speaker 15: I spent seven years of my life fighting your administration, you and Biden, by the way, for my husband's military benefits. My daughter died because of Obama care. I don't give a about you.
Speaker 19: This message is for President Obama first and foremost. You're not gonna tell me what I'm gonna do and what I'm not gonna do. Number One, I ain't gonna vote for Kamala Harris. I think that she's gonna make a bad president. She's a bad vice president. Everything she does, she tries to politicize it, and she hasn't shown the fact that she wants to put America first ever. So I'm not voting for that individual.
Speaker 14: What you thought you was doing, Barack Obama, Boy, you didn't stepped out there.
Speaker 6: All you did was black men off.
Speaker 14: Bruh.
Speaker 10: All you did was.
Speaker 20: Black men off.
Speaker 8: Why y'all think the American people's doing Why y'all think the Democrat Party.
Speaker 10: Owned black folk? The Democrat Party don't own black folks.
Speaker 21: Brh.
Speaker 6: What you thought you was doing with that. We see the play.
Speaker 10: We know we see the play. Kamala Harris is losing. She's not gonna win.
Speaker 8: The audacity of you to say to us that we are required and we better vote for Kamala Harris and that we don't want to see a woman in a position of power, You're a liar.
Speaker 3: Let's just say, sample, folks, plenty more where that came from. Now, let's check in with the man who Kamala Harris handpicked as her running night, Tim Walls. Here, Tim tries to reload a gun. This is the man they picked to inject masculinity and country vibes into the campaign. They set up this contrived hunt to showcase that masculinity and gun prowess. It's not working out too well. There. That is just appalling stuff. Now, there'll be plenty more left is losing at content with my next guest, And it seems Donald Trump's youngest son, Baron, has been influencing his father's decision to tap into the gens z market by speaking with popular influencers, comics, and podcasters, including Andrew Schultz. They sat down for a wide ranging chat last week covered some big issues, but they also covered some funny stuff too. Here, Donald Trump talks about how he comes up with nicknames.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 6: Poker hunters, and there is temp. Tim was good? What about done with Tim?
Speaker 22: It's hard to say. In other words, it's a lot and you can't stutter it through when you call it. It's really a lousy word to say, but it's quite accurate, right, Comrade Kamala, it's a little hard to say she's comrade because she's obviously a communist. She's horrible, So I call her comrade and it's not bad. But when you put the names together, it's a little like You've got to be.
Speaker 10: Able to pun.
Speaker 6: You're got to be able to put it out there.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in my second favorite Texan of all time, the host of Prime Time with Alex Stein on Blaze TV. Alex Stein Trump is made for these chats. He is genuinely funny something he's really not given a great deal of credit for you, and he seems authentic. Very different to what we saw from Kamala on the call her Daddy podcast did last week, or even when she appears with Stephen Colbert or Howard Stern. Big difference between the two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 23: I mean, Donald Trump is probably the best comedian right now in America, him or Shane Gillis, and he has the delivery of I mean literally of any top comedian.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody can compete with Donald Trump.
Speaker 23: And he speaks at those rallies in front of hundreds of thousands of people, So I mean, he's literally our best orator of my generation, which is kind of crazy to think that Donald Trump became the best public speaker in the world, but.
Speaker 6: I firmly believe that.
Speaker 23: And then on top of it all, He's going to go on Joe Rogan's podcast, so we're really going to get to see his laid back, kind of, you know, off the cuff personality.
Speaker 3: Well, this is huge, And for people who don't understand the Joe Rogan phenomenon and the massive, massive reach she has and the type of audience he has alex because it's not just conservatives or right l people. Joe Rogan was a big Bernie Sanders fan for the longest time. The whole COVID craziness seemed to red peel him a little bit. But he's got a very diverse audience, a massive audience, and Trump appearing on that program I think is going to be significant.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 23: One, I think that could be a huge difference in this election if you can actually sway some voters because Joe Rogan has a libertarian type audience, So it's really going to be able to be a huge I mean, this could be the momentum that Trump needs. And really, we're in the ninth inning.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 23: Whatever metaphor you want to say, our analogy, I mean, it's the end of the game. So they need to, you know, throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.
Speaker 1: And I think this could be big.
Speaker 23: So I'm excited for Donald Trump, you know, considering elections basically a month away.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, It's bigger than any interview on MSNBC or CNN or CBSABC. The reach that Rogan has is incredible. Now, things aren't going particularly well for Kamala Harris. Not only is Saturday Night Live finally mocking her, and some of their skits, I've got to say, have been pretty good, but even the young kids are having a go.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jenny, did you do your tourist today?
Speaker 20: Well, I grew up in a middle class family. My mom she was Indian and.
Speaker 24: I grew up in a middle class family, and we are proud of our generation and we all have we all had small blue towns, and we all grew up having small shops.
Speaker 6: Jenny, did you finish your school work yet?
Speaker 20: Well, I grew up in the middle class family, and we have small businesses. We had small businesses.
Speaker 17: It was great, Jenny, I thought, I told you to take out the dog.
Speaker 20: Well, I grew up in the middle class family and we made coll he greens. But they were so popular that we made them in the bathtub. Don't you just love fried chicken?
Speaker 3: Oh? Adorable but also pretty accurate. We've seen that from Harris just repeatedly, her absolute failure to answer the most straightforward questions and just going into these meandering stories about her childhood and her experiences and explaining what inflation is to us instead of telling us how she's actually going to address the issue.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and she says she lived in a middle class family, as she you know, her whole adolescence is basically in Berkeley, California, or Canada, which is a very nice place. And you know that's what's sad about Kamala Harris is that she's not genuine whatsoever. She's such a Phony's saying with Tim Walltz, like people would like her more if she was genuine, but she just tries to pand her to these people. And she's so inauthentic. Everybody can tell that she's not who she pretends to be. And second cheer is a Latina accent, the next second cha is a Jamaican accent.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's almost like.
Speaker 23: A stand up comedian at this point, doing just impressions of different cultures.
Speaker 3: Yes, but we're laughing at her, not with her. There's a difference there. Now, another woman who has been talked about as a future presidential candidate, Michigan Governor Gretchen Wittmar, has caused outrage after participating in this weirdness.
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 3: Alex explained it to me, you're in that generation that I don't know what that is? Is that some gen Z craziness? What is it?
Speaker 23: Well, really, what it is it is an attempt at just trying to be shocking and bizarre. And that's why that gen Z person you know to be I'm not trying to defend where but she probably didn't realize how weird this video was. And that's what this podcast was trying to do. They want it to be almost like pseudo sexual and it has all these kind of weird undertones, and it's supposed to be ambiguous.
Speaker 1: It's just supposed to be bizarre and weird and quick. And that's what it did.
Speaker 3: And that's why the Catholics. The Catholics are upset because they think it's mocking community, their religion and mocking Yeah, so I don't know if that's the intention, but the whole thing, I mean, why partician, I don't know. I'm gonna don't know why you're giving her a pass because she just looks like a fool. I mean, this doesn't elevate her standing in any way. She's the governor of a state, for the love of God. Now, the Trump rallies are continuing across the country. The assassination attempts have not slowed him down. This little interaction caught my eye, Alex. Have a look at the way Donald Trump reacts when a baby starts crying during a rally in Nevada.
Speaker 22: And don't let that be be bothering because it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 10: To me, is that beautiful? Where is that baby?
Speaker 6: That's a good looking baby. Don't worry about it. MoMA doesn't bother me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 12: Happy, beautiful, beautiful baby, perfect baby Alex.
Speaker 3: I had to look at some of the comments under that video, and it was mainly just women who were very impressed that he didn't get annoyed with a crying baby during a speech and an interruption. What do you reckon about that? Those little insights I think can be very valuable in telling you about a person.
Speaker 23: Yeah, one, I mean Donald Trump would be a dream grandfather to have, and obviously he likes children.
Speaker 1: He has a bunch of children, so it's.
Speaker 23: Proof that he's the opposite of Kamala Harris, who wants to be able to abort every single baby basically up until birth. Donald Trump actually loves little babies and wants to protect them.
Speaker 1: So I think the proof is in the pudding.
Speaker 3: Now, the pro biological reality sportswear brand Xxxy Athletics is released an ad absolutely blasting Nike over its refusal to stand by women and women's sport to protect it from the radical gender ideology that sees males identifying as women competing against women. Have a look, Dear Nike, you dear Nike you.
Speaker 1: Why won't you stand up for me? Why won't you stand up for me?
Speaker 15: Why will you?
Speaker 3: Why do you claim to support women and girls?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Oh, I mean you do, most you remain silent today.
Speaker 25: Males are our identity, our sports, our spaces.
Speaker 3: Men and boys are stealing opportunities.
Speaker 25: Metals, trophies, and our future and is not care or jas.
Speaker 1: In fact, it's often dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yet you refuse to use your platform to stand up.
Speaker 9: You say you're for social justice and progress.
Speaker 20: So why do you allow men's rights to come before ours?
Speaker 9: See?
Speaker 23: You, with a big.
Speaker 9: Platform comes an even bigger responsibility.
Speaker 3: You have a chance to do the right thing, not just do the easy thing, Alex, They're absolutely right. Nike has been very active politically. It's taken a stand on a bunch of political issues, from BLM to Burkers. It has used Dylan Mulvaaney to advertise its female clothing range, So it's definitely taken a position on this issue. It just hasn't taken a position that supports biological girls and women.
Speaker 23: Well, you know, I hate to say it, Rita, but I actually sided with Nike on this here in America because I like transgenders and women's sports because I can gamble on them and I can win money Like Leah Thomas. I mean, I'm basically wealthy.
Speaker 9: Now will we can do?
Speaker 23: They give us odds here in Las Vegas. I've won more money on these transgenders and women's sports than any of the women that could ever do. So I don't want to outlaw it personally, but I can understand why those women are affected, and I'm very empathetic to them.
Speaker 3: You are thinking of only yourself, but you're right, there won't be too many women in women's sport if we let the men participate, because there's a reason why we've got the different categories. How important is that issue? I said, it is one that some in the feminist movement are talking about. Obviously it's not up there with inflation or illegal immigration crime, But is it something that's been talked about and the lead up to the election.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it actually is a really big issue.
Speaker 23: And the San Jose State but women's volleyball team, there's been colleges forfeiting games against them because they have a transgender athlete. So it's just encouraging more transgenders to maybe transition their sex to get a competitive advantage in sports and America is one thing that people actually care about. People care more about sports than they do politics. So it is a big issue. But the only thing is I don't know if it's as big an issue as abortion or you know, the economy, but one hundred percent, it's an issue that gets talked about a lot, especially.
Speaker 1: In the media.
Speaker 3: Thank you Alex Stein, Thank you Rita. Still to Come, a major motion picture, has been slammed as one of the worst films ever made. Kinsey's Scofield will tell us what to avoid at the Cinema's next Welcome Back. Joining me now celebrity and role commentator Kinsey Scofield. Kinsey, Let's start with the controversy surrounding the latest edition of Vogue magazine. Critics have a criticized as its front cover portrait of Kamala Harris. It looks like she has been given quite the makeover, a bit of airbrushing there, and to add insult to injury, the photo was reportedly taken on October seven, the anniversary of Hamas's terrorist attacks on Israel. You think she'd have other things on her mind on that crucial date, Kinsey, Yeah, I.
Speaker 25: Mean Anna Wintour are remembering the biggest I mean that the most slaughtered Jews since the Holocaust. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Kamala.
Speaker 25: It is being reported by The New York Post that that is what she was doing. She would argue that she also planted a tree that day with her husband, who slapped his girlfriend and impregnated his the nanny, So she would probably justify it by saying, hey, I had a full schedule, I also planted a tree. But I think it's pretty vile to ensure that you've shot that Vogue cover versus, you know, really making an effort to listen to the Jewish community who have felt abandoned by the Biden administration over the last twelve months.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it's not just the conflict in the Middle East, which is ongoing, but the increase in anti Semitism, and it's amongst the left, it's amongst the people who back her. So she hasn't even an added responsibility there because we've seen it in university campuses, even within her own party. The squad has set some shocking things even in the last year. Now, Kinsey, let's move on to Warner Brothers sequel to its hit twenty nineteen film Joker It has garnered some of the worst ratings of any major film release this year. The film is a musical and features Lady Gaga, and fans are posting their reaction. They're not impressed.
Speaker 26: Guys, me and my WiFi have vie and we're going to go watch Joker Too. And the screening before us everyone's leaving, like, everyone is leaving early. There can't be that bad, right, I'll see the reviews are saying is bad, but everyone is leaving early. What the fuck is this? I'll let you guys know how I rated it.
Speaker 1: That's garbage.
Speaker 14: You'll see that movie right there, that movie right here, see that movie Joker Too.
Speaker 1: Trash.
Speaker 3: I absolute see a.
Speaker 17: Movie, not a Broadway musical.
Speaker 10: It's not what I paid my money for.
Speaker 21: They add nothing, They add absolutely nothing. Ultimately, I found the script to be very very thin, and if you were to take the musical numbers out of this, I really don't think you'd have anything left. My issue with Joker Too is that it fundamentally, fundamentally doesn't want and doesn't need to exist now.
Speaker 3: According to Rotten tomato Is, the film garnered a pitiful thirty three percent from the critics and just thirty two percent from the audience. And in addition to it's a box office opening, earning only sixty percent of what the original twenty nineteen film took. Kinsey, So what was Warner Brothers thinking with this one? Involving Lady Gaga turning it into a musical, and like we heard there from the critic, the actual storyline, the script is almost non existent.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I think Warner Brothers knew that this wasn't it. There's a great shot from Good Morning Britain where the reporter asks the stars every if this was everything they expected in Gaga, Phoenix and Phoenix kind of look at each other awkwardly and laugh, and you know. According to Punk News, Warner Brothers declined to test screen Joker to to audiences at all before the film was complete. So to me, that says we don't want it to get out, that this is a nightmare.
Speaker 3: But then why release it. It's not a little independent production. This is an expensive venture. You would think if you could tweak it and make it watchable, you would do that if your Warner Brothers. Now, let's talk about the Swifties. The ex girlfriend of Taylor Swift's current boyfriend, Travis Kelsey, has spoken out about how her fans, the Swifties, are trolling her online, just leaving disgusting messages. This is despite the fact that Kayla Nicole and Travis Kelcey stopped dating back in twenty twenty two, and Kelsey didn't start dating Swift until September twenty twenty three. Why would her fans be abusing this poor girl?
Speaker 25: Okay, so I told you were first to know. I've handed in my Swifty card. I'm no longer a Swifty, but I have to say that the Taylor trolling started after Kayla liked some mean tweets about Taylor Swift on social media the Swifties side. She also unfollowed Patrick Mahomes and Brittany Mahomes and was very public about it, saying, I unfollowed them because, you know, I was seeing them with Taylor Swift and it was upsetting to me. You know, it's the striystand effect. If people know they're getting to you, they're gonna go harder. So I think that she gave too much of herself away by acknowledging I'm hurt by Tyler and Taylor.
Speaker 3: Nah Kinzi rapa. Kanye West and his Australian wife Biancas and sorry. They were rumored to be on the rocks divorcing, but they've just been spotted in Tokyo together seemingly happy. What's going on there? Oh my god?
Speaker 25: An insider said that their relationship is definitely rocky and described the couple as not divorced yet. And a new lawsuit accuses Kanye of drugging and assaulting an ex assistant during a PDDY studio session, So there is no shortage of drama when it comes to the West family. In the same court documents, his ex assistant claims that Kanye allegedly told his wife that he wanted to sleep with her mom while she watched.
Speaker 3: What That's a different world to ours, kin z them. I'll just digest that and we'll discuss it next time. Before you go, Prince Harry Meghan Markell have come under five for accepting six million dollars in donations from Fidelity charitable like group that reportedly also donates to supposedly anti LGBT and anti illegal immigration groups. That is certainly at odds with the very woke Sussexes, and they're very woke brand. Is there going to be a refund sometime in our future?
Speaker 25: Well, I highly doubt that. But this, you know, puts a smile on my face because Harry and Meghan's motto is show up, do good, and clearly not google who you're associated with. This is one of a slew of people that Harry and Meghan should have second guest before getting in bed with, because you are who you associate with. And this is a very bad look for the Sussexes.
Speaker 3: Certainly very inconsistent with what they've told us there about before you go, just quickly, what's this story about Megan Mikael saying she's the most bullied person in the world. Did she actually say that or was she misquoted?
Speaker 25: Well, her team says that she didn't actually say that, but Rita I found an article in twenty twenty where she did say that. So she said it before, why would she not say it again? I think this is just a masterclass in gas lighting, considering the fact that she has been accused recently by twelve former and curtent employees in the Hollywood Reporter of being a bully.
Speaker 3: Kinsis Gofield. Thank you, that's it from mail. See you at eleven tomorrow Up next is Nears Night