Speaker 1: Five double a football post match callers, we'll take your.
Speaker 2: Cars, We'll do all the awards.
Speaker 3: Eight numble two to three double oh double, Oh what Agam's crazy?
Speaker 2: That last quarter that's probably to be fair one.
Speaker 4: That got away from Port if you you know, without an unbiased view, they actually dominated the last quarter.
Speaker 2: Some of these numbers forty.
Speaker 4: To thirty six contest a possision, thirty two to twenty seven. On the ground ball they dominated clearance twenty one to seven.
Speaker 2: Timmy in treaders, that's just hy mess.
Speaker 4: Numbers mess, and that resulted in twenty two inside fifties in a quarter and they kicked two goal six. It just couldn't capitalize or connect inside forward fifty.
Speaker 2: That is so disappointing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: That was a great match anyway it was. It was an arm wrestled a whole way through but Ports me field, No, that was the difference. They were able to get control of it through the middle of the ground.
Speaker 2: But take your hat off Port.
Speaker 5: I thought they were outstanding. They were adelaide found a way to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like you look at your midfield, you don't get much out of Dawson hu Bergman. I thought totally dominated. Saligo was okay without being great. You go who else was in there rank and had no influence in the game until three quarter time he copped the acid and even I reckon he might have got it at half time because you would have seen Matthew Nixon's reaction to the fifty he gave away. But he kicks two telling goals early in the in the last quarter, which was the difference in the match. And for Adelaide, they sit back and go, did we dodge a bullet? Well, they got the result. It doesn't matter. They went the four points and for Port you go it's a missed opportunity. Yeah, And as you say, the midfield's Peteling was probably the only one that really fired. He had the twenty four disposals, eleven contested, twelve tackles, so he was the one that tried to do his bit with on Zach Butters. But Zach just took control pretty much after quart a time.
Speaker 2: He was outstanding.
Speaker 4: Thirty three disposal, sixteen contested possessions, ten clearances he had. He was amazing through the middle of the ground. He just makes you miss and he causes that overlap.
Speaker 2: Well, for those of.
Speaker 6: You that have just tuned in and I'm sure there's planning. It was a five point result twelve twelve eighty four. Port Adelaide Adelaide Cross thirteen eleven eighty nine, and will go down shortly the showdown metal presentation on the ground.
Speaker 7: Either be has to be a port player.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, even though Adelaide win, for me, it's yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Either Bergmann or Rosie for me would be the two with Zach Butters around the on the market.
Speaker 5: I think you'd flip any of those guys.
Speaker 4: And I thought Adelaide's best when the game was there early was Stillthorpe was the most dominant player in the ground. I think he ended up with ten marks, eleven marks for the game.
Speaker 6: Look, I thought Laurel held you together.
Speaker 7: Oh he was good, filth was good.
Speaker 2: Philthorpe ten marks, five contested.
Speaker 7: I think Connor Rosi will get it.
Speaker 3: And we love you calls to eight double two three double A thirteen eleven eighty nine. The question before the game was Canpork keep the Crows under one hundred and four points, which is their average?
Speaker 7: Well they did, but.
Speaker 3: They didn't quite get the chocolates twelve twelve eighty four. Their want, their will, their desire, their crack, the one on ones, the scramble football. They were outstanding. They had an absolute crack and with all that footy in that last quarter inside fifty, they just lacked a little bit of class And dare I say that little bit of class could have been a blake by the name of Willie Rioli. Oh well, that was what you lacked in that forward fifty, that little crafted all forward that you don't have a matchup for.
Speaker 7: But the fat lady sang.
Speaker 4: Have you say, I've never seen a game where you lose and you get fifty six clearances to twenty nine.
Speaker 7: That's amazing. Well, that's amazing.
Speaker 6: That's about how ineffective you are into fifty.
Speaker 7: We are very ineffective and have been for some years, haven't.
Speaker 5: You wreck.
Speaker 7: No doubt about that.
Speaker 6: As they await the presentations, I'm not sure what they're awaiting.
Speaker 7: Let's take a couple of calls. Let's go to Moderny Heights.
Speaker 8: Hello, George, what's very surprised with that?
Speaker 7: Bigger bodies you're saying?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 7: Yeah, George, George, you're on mane?
Speaker 8: Oh how you go on?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 5: Good buddy? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Am I on the radio. Yes, yeah, but yeah, you wrung it all right.
Speaker 7: Great game.
Speaker 10: I love the fact that my team actually put in an effort.
Speaker 9: I'm very proud of them and they did an excellent job.
Speaker 5: And Timmy g God, we love you.
Speaker 2: God, you're an unbelievable man.
Speaker 10: Browie you're a good man too.
Speaker 8: But we love Timmy.
Speaker 3: You can love him. I think most do. World done, George. Hello there Maddy from the Gold Coast. Hang on, Maddie, take a breath that we're going to go down to the bandy line for the awards.
Speaker 7: Just wait, run seat.
Speaker 11: Many Tonight's voting of the Showdown Medal has been carried out by a panel of industry experts. I now like to invite Milliana, who is a variety grand child, to present the Showdown Medal, awarded to the best player on the field and the winner of the Showdown Middle from the Port Adelaide Football Club.
Speaker 3: Connor Rosie had to be his first half was outstanding. Yeah, and look when there's a margin.
Speaker 7: Of only five points, you can go either way. You happy with that, Camper Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, gat question, well, yeah, I think the three best players on the ground were those three that we mentioned. Bergman Rosie and Butters and then as you said, Sidney, I think Warrel and Phil probably the two Adelaide that would be the top five for me.
Speaker 2: Support it goes a long way.
Speaker 12: And to the Crows, yeah, great game and thanks to everyone to keep turning up.
Speaker 5: We'll be back there and find it out for the rest of the season.
Speaker 7: So thanks you will. Fifty three thousand here today was a messy crowd.
Speaker 11: Congratulations and thank you very much to Milliana. I would now like to invite Variety chairperson at Sally Pike to present the Variety Showdown Shield to Jordan Dawson of the Adelaide Football Club and the Adelaide CROs.
Speaker 3: Well, you did a number on in Bergman, didn't he bog last week team coaches votes leading the Coaches Award and then and his colors lowered boy bloke that just as you said, Timmy can play in every quarter.
Speaker 13: Just want to say thanks support our lad always a great battle against you guys and we highly respect you guys. To our fans who showed up on the Away Showdown, unbelievable, mysterialt here and we love having you guys here. Two Variety, thank you for sponsoring the event. As always, such a great cause and we love playing for you guys and to our boys.
Speaker 5: Awesome win.
Speaker 3: It's up Port and Jordan Dawes and the Skipper. At thirteen eleven eighty nine, the Crows to twelve twelve eighty four, a classical showdown by five points.
Speaker 7: We're going to take your calls, do all the awards with treaders and campaign that you go back to the Gold Coast. Shallow Maddie.
Speaker 14: Yet the guys here going. I feel like it it's not a it's a lost, but there's I'm just so not disappointed like I usually am. I feel just I can take a lot of positives from this for the future, for the rest.
Speaker 15: Of the games.
Speaker 14: Everyone picked up to be smashed. I heard you throughout the week, Row we you know this is a five point margin. You did not think you truly didn't think you with lots of RIALI that that was going to be the margin. So I'm just so proud of the boys despite the loss. The thing is is a lot of times when we win games like this and I just hear so much praise on the opposition that it's just nice that there's a balance and giving you guys respecting how well Port played in good times, because yeah there's a loss, because Adelaide brillyant this year it's just cruising along and this was this. They got scared and they'll learn from it. I think Adelaide get better from this loss, to be honest, which is frustrating. But hopefully Port can also gain some strength and get some wins on the back of the confidence from this game, because these this games, these games might like finals.
Speaker 8: Boys.
Speaker 3: Well, Port Adelaide bought their absolute best endeavor and as Timmy said in the in in in the lead up to it, when there's a ball in the middle, there's a Port plan and a Crows player, I want the Port player to win it. The scramble ball, the fifty to fifty ball, the out numbering it. When there was a skirmish, Timmy, Port won of them. They had they had read and that's what you asked.
Speaker 6: Tighlight the efficiency of the two sides.
Speaker 7: I thought, yeah, what on just going on?
Speaker 3: Let's go to Blackwood, Hello, Adam.
Speaker 5: Yeah world.
Speaker 10: Unto Connor, Rosie thought he was outstanding tonight, brilliant, great leadership for things Ford line for Port Adelaide pretty ordinary. I'm not blowing Mi security others, but you know we're in a deficiency. Was just shocking at periods of that game, crucial times when we had a little bit more composure, but not only composure, but there had to be a sense of a game plan. I just thought when we took the ball closer to the fifty line, we just seemed to just seemed to be seemed confused, disjointed, all sorts of stuff there. The other thing too, at that time, the AFL with all the rubbish that and all the mistakes and competency that they continue to throw at this game. That time, that this game showdown Port Adelaide versus the craze next year stand alone Friday night game Adelaide Oval and I hope youse guys can just point the finger to the AFL and all those other victoryings over there. It's not all about them. It's not AFL. It's AFL, not BFL. And you saw tonight what a contestant was put that on the big stage Friday night football. It's a bloody time. We need Friday night football showdowns. If it's a national game, that's what we need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Adam, I think they've had one. I think the Crows at a Friday night showdown. This is Saturday Night, which is also standalone. It was a national TV audience. I don't think you'd be terribly disappointed with that. Fifty three thousand we here in a cracking game, eighty four plays eighty nine what was on a margin of five points. Crows are out in the middle of the ground getting a photo for the fans with the camp the shield.
Speaker 7: Have your say, let's go to Highbury?
Speaker 1: Hello, Michael, Yeah, guys, I think it was a great game, prob the one of the better games that Bortle out of played.
Speaker 8: But I'll give you a big tip.
Speaker 1: This game is going nowhere because of the umpiring. Like Conor Rosey got done for deliberately out of bounds and there was a couple occasions and you can't even deny this rower because you're at one eye cross and there was no free kick. Why don't they please because these umpires have got no idea on deliberate out of bounds. They are a joke and they are ruining in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not going to defend them.
Speaker 7: Timmy's been saying for years.
Speaker 3: Just make them rule like the sample last disposal handble or kick is out of bands.
Speaker 7: I'll say this again in the last.
Speaker 3: Quarter and we thought it might happen and Campo called it. It wasn't Rankins day, but he did have two moments and he kicked two goals from what was it.
Speaker 7: Six inside fifties.
Speaker 3: Port Adelaide have twenty inside fifties in that last quarter.
Speaker 7: There is no doubt they missed Willie. Really, you missed.
Speaker 3: That crafty, brilliant goal kicking sneak that he is. And you know, you think if the week had have played out differently, he probably would have still been in the team.
Speaker 4: Well the other thing too, I just had a quick look where you guys were talking to some supporters out there, so you talk about that though, Rowie. But essentially it came down to probably two things. So Adelaide they kicked eight goals, two from Marx so both teams had twelve thirteen so port had one more mark inside forward fifty. They kicked three goals five right, so eight goals two to three goals five from a mark from a set short point of view. Adelaide kicked nine to two Port Adelaide sixty six.
Speaker 2: So Adelaide took their.
Speaker 4: Chances and connected a little bit better. And the other thing too. And we've highlighted this on Tuesday, guys around the nine to thirty how important it is to get the ball inside that area Adelaide kick six goals three, Port three goals four. So your ability to get it into that area there not only market, but then have the ability to hit the scoreboard from a set shot is really important because that just takes the win out of the sale.
Speaker 2: There are three really important numbers.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go out of the rooms.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well that was sudded with Gusto.
Speaker 5: We'll go down the rooms.
Speaker 3: We're talking to a Port player, a Crow's player. We'll do all the awards. This is after the game. If you've got a leaky roof, total roof restoration, do it right with right price roofing. Taking your calls, we'll do the injury report thanks to see Okay, legal, let's go to Woodville.
Speaker 16: Hello Gary, Hey, fellas, I'm a Crow supporter, and you take the four points and you move on. But who's the Crows tackling coach tonight? And there's a lot of pressure out there and in the free game. A couple of weeks ago, we'd get close and that sort of brush us off. I just thought that was really really portant on the Crows tackling and if you look at the game, Adelaide had most of the better players on the ground. We want, Yeah, that's great, but sort of glosses over, you know, some of the things that we're not quite right with the Crows game and if they're going to be a contender, these are the things they need to sharpen off on.
Speaker 10: What are your thoughts, Well, what was the technic?
Speaker 4: Well they had, they had, Adelaide had twenty one more tackles. It's the broken ones that allow. I think what you're trying to get to is the ones that Butters and horn France has just accelerate through and they just fend off and get through. I think Adelaide's a reasonably good tackling team in terms of their pressure, but it's those really important ones where they just don't nail those guys and they get goal side and that causes overlap.
Speaker 2: So it's not a numbers thing.
Speaker 4: It's probably the effectiveness of those ones as well that you miss.
Speaker 3: They were very poor against Freemantle. I'll give you that. Let's got to Mary and Sam.
Speaker 17: Jimmy, I'm discussed. Yeah, we've got too many passengers. Why was McAtee in that side for what role? Jackson Mead can't get a kick? How many turnovers did Adelaide get from our goals? And our set shots have been woeful ever since Scottie Hodges left. I love Finlayson, but that number eleven should be banned from the club.
Speaker 18: You gave it to John Butcher.
Speaker 17: You said he couldn't kicked. I'll tell you what is a much better kick than half of them people in that site, Timmy Ginnover and Stephen Rowe. You can laugh now, but you'll get yours at the end. Mate, you'll get yours at the end. It's not a threat, but you'll get yours and you'll crumble. Get yours, Go.
Speaker 3: Port and we're good on your seem You're sorry, sorry, loser, Look like what.
Speaker 7: Would I get?
Speaker 2: What does he get?
Speaker 7: And Megan's Finn Felans not that there was one of his.
Speaker 6: Betters of his better games, he competed well, he kicked three. The thing about the MC and tee one I actually said it on Friday RAWI when sorry Thursday when the selection came out, I was obviously shocked at the sweet one, but the MC and tee one, I thought to myself, they must be bringing him for a role. I didn't see that tonight. I didn't see him actually playing a role, as in being a defensive forward or anything like that.
Speaker 2: So I was a bit confused.
Speaker 5: As the boy came in, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Think he was bad like I'm in the second quarter. I thought the pressure from the smalls. He's not a big he's not a big position player.
Speaker 6: But you can't be in the side just to tackle. You can't be inside just to tackle.
Speaker 2: Hasn't they have to be.
Speaker 4: Every team in the AFL because you're covering for blokes who don't do it.
Speaker 6: We're going down in the rooms. Apparently we've got Darcy Foggety.
Speaker 12: Yes, thanks boys, we're down in the crow's room, straight down fifty seven winters.
Speaker 5: Darcy Foggetty joins me.
Speaker 12: Now, Port were coming back in that third quarter. How did you get together as a team to stop that momentum?
Speaker 19: No, they definitely came in the end, and yeah, I got a little bit scared. They were able to get a bit of movement and get some free flowing footyre happening late, which is not ideal, But yeah, I think we needed to be a little.
Speaker 5: Bit better late in the game.
Speaker 19: We've stopping their flow, sort of controlling the ball, and I think we got a little bit lucky at the end. We're able to sort of get Keenie and Berto to take some really important marks late that saved us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fop Campo up here, mate, Congratulations.
Speaker 2: There was a bloody good game to watch.
Speaker 4: It was a real armressle as they always are. Once again, you've just got colors lowered through the midfield, particularly around clearance. We probably thought that that might have been particularly after last week what you did to Carlton and their midfield probably just didn't go your way tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were really strong in there as well.
Speaker 19: They're really a really powerful midfield. They've got some real weapons in there. But no, obviously we've got to be better. We've got to stem the flow a little bit and keep fighting. But at the end of the day, we can get up there as forwards and help out. We can tighten up as backs and really sort of make it an armorous outside of the stockage. But yeah, we can do things, but we need to get better in the stoppage. As well, mind you, we need to keep it tight and play to us drengths.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well the end result sixty two inside fifty support.
Speaker 2: The Backs probably put a crash elve on. To be fair, I was lucky with a little bit of inefficiency from Port. But isaact rank and didn't have his best night.
Speaker 4: But geez, he just at the crucial stage late in the game kicks two really important ones.
Speaker 19: Yeah, one hundred percent. And that's the thing with Ranks. He always has moments, which is massive for us. And he's such a big team lifter. Yeah, like you said, he might not have been as impactful tonight, but he still kicked two of the most important goals for the game and that sort of lifted the team, got us back on track, got us settled, And yeah, he was a real pivotal part of tonight. He keeps fighting and it's a real credit to him and that's why he's such a good player.
Speaker 4: He warrant true drove mate, congratulations, good performance. I want to get into the mindset of the forwards. Early days, it looked like it was a bit of free footy, contested marking, plenty of opportunities, and then it turned pretty greasy by the looks, and it just turned into a scrap be in front. How did you see the mindset have to shift throughout the game.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think yeah, early days we're getting the looks, especially we're filthy, it was Mark and everything. Text Towards the second half of that second quarter, it was Mark and everything.
Speaker 5: So we're getting really good options.
Speaker 19: But like you said, it did get a little bit greasy, the ball got jewey. Then we just sort of had to turn it into a surge game, so we sort of adapted. We knew it was going to be a bit of a dog fight, and yeah, we just sort of wanted to get field position and sort of go from there. We just wanted to win half as keys and sort of try and get as much of a contest as we could.
Speaker 5: That was an interesting dynamic.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Bergman goes to your skipper and Dawson, which then puts Slocky challengeses that the defender there were times you tried to isolate him.
Speaker 5: Was that the plan to try and isolate.
Speaker 4: Him deeper in the gospare a lot we saw with great effect this time last year in the first showdown.
Speaker 19: I think we wanted to get isolation as keys.
Speaker 1: Just in general, we wanted.
Speaker 5: To sort of, I guess, yeah, play with a little bit more space.
Speaker 19: We didn't want to be competing against each other, which maybe we've done a.
Speaker 5: Couple of times in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 19: We wanted to get some space so we could sort of work. But then obviously once the ball slows, we want to be able to get back together and sort to help each other out. But no, it wasn't it wasn't a real focus to get him down there. It was just sort of who was who was the deepest, was gonna was going to sort of get a bit more space.
Speaker 3: With about one minute and thirteen seconds on the clock, fop, the ball went forward from Jason horn Francis back with the flight of the ball went Mark Keane and it was a little bit of a Leo Barry you Star moment.
Speaker 5: It was mad.
Speaker 19: I'll tell you that that was probably the loudest I've heard ao when horn Francis got that clearance and was charging down. But yeah, Kenny was massive. I thought all the backs stood up really well tonight. They were under the pump. Why he said was sixty three inside fifties. I think he said they had and they fought their guts out. But Kenny late sort of said of the ship, and then Bertie a little bit after that was they were massive and they probably saved it in the end for us, which was which was huge.
Speaker 7: I don't want to influence campikers.
Speaker 3: He hates it when I do with three two one, But God, Josh Worrelz having a month of footy in't he?
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 19: Yeah, probably longer than a month at the moment. I think the way he's playing, in the confidence he's got.
Speaker 2: At the moment's massive.
Speaker 17: When done.
Speaker 19: I think he's been able to do that off the way Maxie, Mucklaney, well, all of them, Keeny Buttsy Lady.
Speaker 5: They're all playing together. They're able to support each other.
Speaker 19: And yeah, it was taking real advantage day. He's looking really dangerous and he's a real weapon for us, which is massive. Is such a such a good plant at the moment, and he's in really good firm, which is good to say.
Speaker 3: How's that shoulder you're seeing it's still heavily vantaged.
Speaker 7: You're getting jebbies in it? Or is it back to normal now?
Speaker 19: No, try I got a little bit of a job, but she's she's not too dard, which is good.
Speaker 7: Okay, can you swing a golf stick yet?
Speaker 19: I tried during the leaves and it didn't end up too well on the ad buddy twenty five points, so I'll give it a rest and I'll blame the shoulder on that for a while.
Speaker 3: Well, Fog, it's a showdown fifty seven when you go one up on Port Adelaide.
Speaker 7: Those three forwards again were outstanding. You got your two goals, which we love.
Speaker 3: Have a good recovery week because guess what you've got at the MCG next Saturday.
Speaker 20: What the magpie nuts Let him enjoy this one fair a fait.
Speaker 7: Break work.
Speaker 5: Thanks for you, Tom Perfy, Thanks guys, says it is.
Speaker 7: After the game thanks to Right Price review. That was darcy.
Speaker 3: Finally we'll try and get into the port range. We'll have your say, a five point margin to the Crows. Have've got lines of vailable. Let's go to Glen Gawie Luke.
Speaker 8: Hellay boys, you're on all right, yeah, good look okay, yeah, good and clear. I'm just running the Pastia The power won. The clearance is twenty seven and scored some stopping by eleven points as well. As the contested possessions by twelve and the inside puy by twenty two. But I think we've got to give more. We're got to give credit to the crowze. So because at the end of the day, how many grand finals that we say one by conversion quality play. At the end of the day, it was three moments in the last quarter ranking two goals change, you know, back with courage, with the four Riley O'Brien mark. At the end of the day, you've got to convert, and if you don't convert, that's what can happen. And I think you know, probably you know the crowds have had a hard run in the past. Thought we had a hard run leading some close games and this might be a good one to win a bit ugly because you can't always win playing your back and it might be a good one, say Roy, I think you should lift the lid. Had been a bit playing.
Speaker 3: No, no, look good no, look, don't encourage me, mate, back of the studio. Can you play? Can you feel it not? Don't hate Luke? Think you Here's the thing. If I gave you two sets of numbers from today's game, I gave you and you didn't know who the teams were. Said, here's this set of numbers, and here's this set of numbers. And I said, this set of numbers on the left, which the first one, I said, their four star players were their best players, and this set of numbers on the right, their four star players weren't even anywhere near their top ten. Which team would have won, You'd say the team on the left under that of one hundred. They had no right to win any end the Crows, but they won't.
Speaker 4: It was during their momentum bit that was when Adelaide hit the scoreboard and Port probably didn't. They did it in that second quarter leading into halftime that they were really they and they did convert because it got back into you know, only a couple of points of what it was, you know, eight points at halftime, but then Adelaide just regained some control. But yeah, it was just that last quarter they just couldn't quite once again.
Speaker 2: They still lost it.
Speaker 4: They still haven't won a last quarter, lost it by three again with those set of numbers. But the good thing for me, and I'm a mutual supporter, so that doesn't But for Port Adelaide, that's the model that they've got to keep doing consistently. So yeah, you might not have got it done tonight, but you're in the fight and there's a lot of good things that would come out of that.
Speaker 2: There wasn't whereas last week.
Speaker 4: The review on Monday, that would have been horrific to sit through because it was just one with a lot, But today it's one with a lot, with a lot of positives to come out of it. And no team's perfect. Everyone's working on something to try and make sure that And that's the difference between.
Speaker 6: How do you assess then that you can have all those numbers have that incredible landslide one way, because all the numbers you gave me on Tuesday when you came in, you know we're seven, seven, eighth, th eight, all those numbers. We absolutely dominated tonight. But can't kick a winning school.
Speaker 7: Class inside fifty.
Speaker 6: Well, I've said we're we're incredibly inefficient when it comes to us.
Speaker 4: I've been through this before as a coach. I remember distinctly, well the same winning clearance. We're winning the contest, but why aren't we? So you spend time as a coach and you drill through and you take the effort to go down and go what is it.
Speaker 2: Is it our ball movement? Are we not connecting?
Speaker 4: Is it the extra handball that's not helping us in terms of some of those things. Are we not taking the ball offline? Are we entering it from too deep? So even though it's inside fifties, is it just sneaking in which is an inside fifty?
Speaker 2: Are we not getting it deeper? There's a lot of those things.
Speaker 4: That you need to drill down to to make sure you get the right answer.
Speaker 6: We'll love to go and have a look at the tape. Let's go to the room. Sam Dada is.
Speaker 5: In the Porta Delaide rooms.
Speaker 12: Thanks Timmy, joined to by Miles Bergman down here in the port rooms port Only. We're coming really hard out of the halftime too. The third quarter. Weren't able to capitalize. Where did it all go wrong?
Speaker 15: I think Adelaide were just better on the day. They obviously killed us on turnover, but I thought we brought some good pressure, a lot better than we have been in the past, so that's been a positive. Just couldn't capitalize on moments going inside fifty especially.
Speaker 2: And Miles tim giniv here.
Speaker 6: Firstly, did you enjoy your time in the middle And I loved the job that you did on their skipper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good fun.
Speaker 15: It's a good change first time, so yeah, I had a bit of fun and try to do my role as best they could, which I thought I did okay, but obviously.
Speaker 5: Not the result we're looking for as a team.
Speaker 4: Well, you're fast forward a week and your take on Geelong. Could we think go ahead and think that maybe a pee dangerfield might be one of those people you play on if he goes into the midfield.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 15: It was a little experiment this week, but we'll have to wait and see what Kenny things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it was a fair experiment. It worked really well. Well.
Speaker 4: The midfield was absolutely dominant. We talk about clearances and absolute smacking. So what was Ken's message straight after the game, because you did a.
Speaker 15: Lot right, Yeah, exactly like you said. I think it's a good improvement on how we've been going and positive signs, but obviously still a lot of things to work on efficiency going forward and making sure our defense is on with anticipation on their turnover. But some good signs going forward and hopefully we can get a win next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and obviously the focus goes to the next match, but you talk about bottling the preparation that worked really well this week without getting.
Speaker 5: The ultimate result. You go back a week and had a really poor performance.
Speaker 4: How do you ensure that you see what you see this week as opposed to next week.
Speaker 5: Does that get discussed as a group, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 15: I think, like you said, just following each week by week and acknowledging what you did well and what you.
Speaker 5: Need to work on.
Speaker 15: And I think there comes back down to pressure and contest, which we did really well tonight, but we just couldn't get all the way.
Speaker 2: Miles, great game.
Speaker 4: I thought you were sensational through the Jordan Dawson's arguably in the best half a dozen in the competition, and you really negated him along with Drew as well through the middle of the ground. But how important the decision I guess, And what was the midfield group?
Speaker 2: How do they feel about Dante coming in?
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously you've had a fair go with Jordan Sweet We're probably a little nervous.
Speaker 2: Up here around what that might look like.
Speaker 4: Because Riley O'Brien had a pretty good week last week against Tom de Conning, who's one of the premier rupmen in the competition.
Speaker 2: But it Geezy held his own tonight.
Speaker 15: Yeah, of course, we just show a lot of trust in all our players that the next man's going to step up. And he's been working really hard in the sandfull and really earned his position tonight, and he showed while we gave.
Speaker 5: Him the chance.
Speaker 15: He battles hard and he doesn't give up, So we love that about him.
Speaker 3: You'll, Skipper set the tone early, not just because he had twenty one touches up the halftime. Some of his one percenters he's tackling, he's chasing. He did a smother down at the riverbanks stand in that saved the ball, okay, and stuff to kick up the next one. But god, what a game he had to lead from the front like that from the half back fleet.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's been really good for us as a back line and as a team since he's gone back. Just a bit of leadership and voice down there and really help with ball movement going forward. And I think it's built him up the last few weeks in his confidence as well.
Speaker 3: So if Port play you're more in the midfield, you're more likely to sign with them.
Speaker 16: Miles, you like that one.
Speaker 5: I thought this question would come.
Speaker 15: I have been waiting patiently to play midfield. We've got such a strong group and a lot of boys that can go through there and it was really good experience tonight.
Speaker 5: And yeah, we'll just have to see.
Speaker 7: But that's your future, ridd it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're a star that I don't want to waste in the back line, but you're great. I don't want to waste you forward, but you're great. But I think mid field you could be a bonafarder in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 15: I'd love to stay in there if I could, but I'm happy to do whatever Ken he needs me to do. And I love the backline as well.
Speaker 7: Six years all right, just tell us I've got Trinity put a.
Speaker 5: Clause in their midfield only I like it.
Speaker 2: Negotiate hard mate.
Speaker 7: Well you keep going mate, You are terrific today. Thanks you Toms.
Speaker 6: Thanks very much, Maud, and you know that's great news that you're staying.
Speaker 5: At Port Adelaide.
Speaker 6: So well done, mate, and I's got all the best next week against so.
Speaker 5: Long thanks guys.
Speaker 7: Have god you've got to sign in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the attention to the board, text message the board now ten he said, ten, get it done?
Speaker 5: Ten?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you nearly do that. How would he do that?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't do ten? I'm doing ten. Is he in your leadership group?
Speaker 5: No, he's actually not, but he is heavily involved.
Speaker 4: Is he still only twenty four so he's not official leadership, but he is somewhere for me. Boys in Big Tom you talk about a guy mars twenty three.
Speaker 2: Years of age.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, and you wouldn't do ten.
Speaker 3: Now, hello, Josh, what's surprised though?
Speaker 9: Wait Josh, Hello, yo Josh. I just want to have a quick chat about Showdown medals. I didn't realize thirty two cheapies off half back got your Showdown medal. And I'll tell you what, if there was a certain individual in the media and that bloke played for another team, he would be copying it all week. I think Jimmy Peeling was absolutely robbed and he was outstanding all role at Silthorpe, particularly three goals ten marks. That's not easy to do let alone in the Showdown. But we're giving out Showdown medals for cheapies off halfbacks. Port Adelaide needs to get a grip, have a look at themselves and actually focus on some identity. I said it last year, I say it this year. Until they can win a hard ball and until they can actually play for some level of identity, they go no where as a football club. And it's never been sweeter.
Speaker 20: Josh, Josh Muppet isself that that's close to the call of he's so far affeck Josh, did you see did you see the fifty to fifty ball he won in the middle of the the middle of the game in the second quarter where he got absolutely smashed, pirouetted danced out and.
Speaker 7: I think that was a contestaball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, another thing I love about eleven out eleven contested possessions.
Speaker 2: Can you talk about Port?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's been a theme cheap, but the hardball has never been an issue for Port, Josue.
Speaker 2: So I got it done in both categories.
Speaker 4: Time as a fan to you, that's what I love about the gather around. You don't watch games where you're not invested, you don't care who really wins, But then you just I'm.
Speaker 2: Always wanted to go admire players who are brilliant.
Speaker 7: Thanks Josh.
Speaker 2: He starts to do that.
Speaker 7: Your input was well, it was yeah, it was there.
Speaker 3: Hello mate, Hello, are you at Clayton Bay? Where the hell's Clayton Bay?
Speaker 10: Okay, rowie of yours.
Speaker 5: Do you know where Milane is? Yes?
Speaker 16: And you know where the Murray mountains?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 16: In between there?
Speaker 7: Okay, beautiful on the river. All right. What do you think of thee Yeah it's but you think you might know? All right?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 7: Yeah, duck eads mate.
Speaker 21: Growing congratulations.
Speaker 7: I lost one hundred bucks when you congratulating me. I had forty points one Kimmy.
Speaker 8: And Warren.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't want to see Port playing that guernsey again until they actually earn it.
Speaker 5: It tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah one, I didn't not one of the last year.
Speaker 5: What did they wear this?
Speaker 2: Did they wear them?
Speaker 7: My god, I'm that used. Did you notice you did? I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they always wear it on their home showdown?
Speaker 3: Oh goodness me Timmy on that used to seeing Port nays anyway, that was a bit harsh this corrimandeles. We're going to do with the awards, so I hope you two are ready because eleven o'clock we're wrapping up the chickens that.
Speaker 5: Are we doing it together?
Speaker 7: Are we doing it separately?
Speaker 5: You do Port?
Speaker 7: You do Crows. This is after the game thanks to right Price Ruthing.
Speaker 18: Hello Jordan, Kody, boys, I'm just a fantastic game, absolutely heart stopping towards the end. I just wish that they could just play four quarters instead of just stopping.
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Which team? Probably both?
Speaker 3: Hello James at Mount Pleasant? On Mount Pleasant God's country.
Speaker 8: Jimmy, Hello mate?
Speaker 20: How are you?
Speaker 7: It be cold at Mount Pleasant? Wouldn't you got the fire?
Speaker 21: I'm sitting at the pub with a fire on and having a few Bruce khits after that? Good win, ROWI, I'm so happy mate. I'm with the Golling with the Border and they're happy that'll we won. So life's good.
Speaker 7: Hey, as long as we beat them at the MCG next Sat Day.
Speaker 21: I'm driving over ROWI so good this cross, Dame good.
Speaker 7: We lost last time he played that. We lost by a kick because an umpire stuffed it up.
Speaker 18: The big muttet Well, what else does it with the umpires?
Speaker 7: He correct?
Speaker 21: I agree with it, Rowie. I just want to say how mature Josh for Shlley was tonight when he kicked that first goal. I've seen massive growth in him tonight, and camp I'm sure you agree he didn't he did his mouth off to the crowd or anything. He went straight to his teammates when he marked it. I said, please go to your teammates and prove that you've changed. And guess what he did, ran straight to his teammates. And you know that shows me that he has changed. And that's what and that's what I want to rob it and you know what we want. And we should have got the Showdown Metal, but we've got the four points.
Speaker 3: World I James, I don't think anyone cares about the Showdown Metal. Last corps is Nigel from the river Land and then we're off to our war Jelnige.
Speaker 8: The couple of points that I was going to bring up is, you know our team selection.
Speaker 21: Travis both played his heart out.
Speaker 7: In the s A NFL.
Speaker 10: Now he would have been very handy for us tonight, and he.
Speaker 16: Was playing in the s A NFL.
Speaker 10: I watched the s A NFL game as well, and our goal kicking was terrible, and our goal kicking is terrible.
Speaker 19: As well in the AFL.
Speaker 17: Something's gotta be changed there, something has to be changed.
Speaker 9: And last point, the third four I'm not sure if you've.
Speaker 14: Seen that, but Francis Butters, the Francis Butters and Rosie were on the bench.
Speaker 16: We had momentum.
Speaker 2: And I just hear that nudge.
Speaker 7: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: Actually was more upset about Vizentine being on the bench. You know, it was only the nine minute mark of the last term and they got the clearances and got two goals and that was that was the difference.
Speaker 7: In the game for mine. I was just I was flabbergasted by that.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we are, let's do the awards. We'll start with the winning team with you Campo first in the injury report thanks to see Okay Legal Personal Injury Claim. For expert compensation advice, visit c l K legal dot com dot are you anything to worry about?
Speaker 2: Clean bill of health?
Speaker 4: Dan Curtain was a technical sub so they got through unscathed.
Speaker 7: Who was your beach with Home's Real customer home Builders Goal.
Speaker 2: Of the Day Goal of the Day I went isaact ranking in the last quarter all the time?
Speaker 7: Was that that soccer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he had a moment, didn't he? Thanks to again real Estate. If you were selling, they buying ready to go. They're brilliant.
Speaker 7: Mark of the day.
Speaker 2: I couldn't go past Mark Keynes in the last out of the game.
Speaker 7: That was easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were easy player spotlight thanks to unique home style foods. Give us your three to two one and a couple of apologies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'm not sure there was too many apologies to be fair, but I gave one vote to Peteling.
Speaker 2: I thought he was Adelaide's best midfielder.
Speaker 5: Two votes.
Speaker 4: Josh Warrell continues on his merry way with his form along in that back line stood up really well with sixty three entries. Did a great job. And I gave three votes to Roy Philthorpe who had fifteen disposals and ten marks, five of those contested, ten score involvements and three goals.
Speaker 3: Wow, he could have went off his own boot the first half. All right, truders. Probably a little bit tough year, but for the c K legal personally injury claim.
Speaker 4: Had a little knock but played the game out but has got cleaned up, played the game out, so no one's going to miss.
Speaker 7: Okay, Beachwood, Hames go all the day.
Speaker 5: Harned Francis in the third quarter.
Speaker 3: That will win goal of the year and it was a drop plant and he bounced off a player.
Speaker 5: Better than that.
Speaker 2: Rankings at the gyp oh okay, oh that.
Speaker 5: No, without even thinking about it was a good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well I am I am a good challenge of Sam p Yeah, yeah, break the jump down of the hands.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm with you, but he was leading till then.
Speaker 3: I am a bit of a gold fish only of a three second memory. Thanks for the gain real estate. If they're selling, they've got boys ready to go.
Speaker 4: I can't remember a real high flyer one, but i've gone radically. A couple of his clocks were really had a good couple of clocks. Yeah, so he's got good these last four or five weeks positioning wise, defensive wise, and clunking has been really good.
Speaker 7: How far away's Zeck Thatcher played?
Speaker 5: I watched him second game.
Speaker 7: He's still not conditioned.
Speaker 5: He's come from a fair way back, a pretty serious injury when he did it.
Speaker 3: Okay, the players spotlight is thanks to your Nie cam style food.
Speaker 7: Two were your three to two one.
Speaker 5: I think either of them could be in any order.
Speaker 4: I've gone Bergman one vote, twenty three and six clearances two votes, Butter's thirty three and ten clearances and Rosy thirty two and a goal.
Speaker 5: I thought he was, and I think you can flip him any order, And then there's probably other couple. I thought role was.
Speaker 2: Brilliant rewarding cheap.
Speaker 7: He's off half back as well. I agree with it. You didn't agree with that call it of course not being facetious. Don't say good call.
Speaker 3: I get yourself in trouble saying that you get in trouble saying that that was a bad call. Let's wrap the weekends up. That's about it. It's thirteen eleven eighty nine. The Crows have renout winners in showdown fifty seven by twelve twelve eighty four by five points. To think that after fifty seven showdowns is only one difference is amazing and it didn't disappoint with a five point when listened to Timmy and I from four.
Speaker 7: O'clock on Monday. Next week is going to be a ripper.
Speaker 3: Crows are taking on Collingwood, Port Adelai, Geelong here Dry round nine.
Speaker 7: And that's it. This is five double a football