Speaker 1: Five double a football post match callers.
Speaker 2: As Obrian taps it down, this will be the final play for twenty twenty four for the Crows. It started with so much expectation and excitement and has ended with so much dissatisfaction and disappointment. The Swans will go into finals with a thirty one point win at home and the Crows will lick their wounds with a long, long off season.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll be the one to say, thank god that season's open. That was hard work.
Speaker 2: That's the full stop this game need that I think in the season really eight double two three double o double O. Let's let you put the full stop on the season as well, because it's been a grinding one for a lot of Crows fans. This is our after the game for ACE Transport Solutions. If you need more drivers, A Transport Solutions need more drivers, Ace Transport Dot Au. Get on the phones, Crows fans. We'd love to hear from you on the back of what was the game to forget and maybe a season of forget as well. So much that just didn't quite go right in so many different ways.
Speaker 4: Camp.
Speaker 2: I would love your assessment quickly on this game, and then we'll talk about the years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean they won the last quarter Adelaide, but I think Sydney pretty much put a Q in the rack.
Speaker 6: But Adelaide kept trying, which is all you can ask.
Speaker 5: I guess at the end of the day, for some little bit of respect, you know, ultimately the first you know, three quarters, Sydney were all over them.
Speaker 6: They couldn't defend them. They couldn't get it done around, particularly around the turnover game. They were too slick.
Speaker 5: With their ball movement and their handballs and particularly out of their back half. So I guess a couple of the highlights, Riley Philthorpe had eight mark seven of those are inside fifty kick three goals three, so.
Speaker 6: He looked, Yeah, he had no answer for him.
Speaker 5: The inside fifty for the Crows gamper they had what's that fifty for the night?
Speaker 3: So where would that sit? Says a bad average?
Speaker 6: They normally had average about forty nine, so.
Speaker 3: It's about average. It just feels like Riley phil Ford is at the point of his career where you know, Stardom beckons that's the most exciting thing about this list at the moment. They've got a guy there who has all the tools.
Speaker 5: You can build something around come hopefully you know, Folk can improve again. You know, I think he's he's improved this year. He's one of the players that have gone this year. Yeah forty yep, career best for himself. So that's that's two key forwards. And you throw your eyes at ranking in there as well. So they've they've got enough five power forward for mine. I think they've definitely got that. But you know it's it's still for me around the midfield. You know, they got showed up again today, you know, with class and run and carry and you know the highlight I guess you know, Bond goes to Gerrol Gordon, who we spoke wholly about at halftime. He only had five disposers after halftime. Who maybe if you go from that from the start, what does that change the result?
Speaker 6: I don't know. You know, hindsight's a.
Speaker 5: Wonderful thing in our game and you never get too many wrong in hindsight there.
Speaker 6: But ultimately, you know, that's a win.
Speaker 5: You know, we know what he can do now, they know that they've got that in the kit bag in terms of what he can do if that's what they want to potentially do.
Speaker 4: But they just.
Speaker 6: Controlled the gum.
Speaker 5: I mean after halftime Sydney had what's that seventy nine marks in a half, so they've just controlled the ball pretty much.
Speaker 6: On the back of that strategy of trying to shut.
Speaker 5: Down Goulden, they just gave Blaky kick two off half back. They had no answer for him Roberts, So the two actually the three highest possession getters at the end of the day, Nick Blakey with thirty two, Roberts with thirty one, and Mills for twenty seven.
Speaker 6: So they just controlled the game out of the back half.
Speaker 5: And if you talk about marks fourteen, ten and ten in the same order, so they're just controlling the game and you just couldn't get it back off from So at the end of the day, Sydney was far too good.
Speaker 6: We know that the top of the ladder for a reason.
Speaker 5: But from Adelaide perspective, you know, after the week they had with the showdown and the whole Joshua Shelley stuff and all that sort of thing got blown out of the water in three quarters to be honest, And what the.
Speaker 2: Best thing is I think for the Adelaide Crows going in the off season is you're only as good as your last game.
Speaker 4: We saw the gold club.
Speaker 2: That's the gold standard, that's the benchmark the Sydney Swans, and that's what the Crows would aspire to be in years to come.
Speaker 4: So they got to look at it tonight.
Speaker 2: They saw where they sat against that tonight and as you said, they.
Speaker 4: Put a score on the board. Ninety points isn't a bad score.
Speaker 2: Their forwards are doing the job when they get in there, but they don't get in there enough and Sydney they broke open the defenses. So we'd love your thoughts on the season and the game tonight. Eight double two three, double o, double over. I feel like the next week is probably going to be a bit of an exit review for the Crow's supporters as well, So let's start it off with John at West Croydon.
Speaker 7: Hi, John, how are you going fellas?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Just touching on what Campo said about the slick ball movement of Sydney. Does anybody in their right mind actually think that the Crows in year five under the current tenure have improved that much from year one? And I'll tell you why. There's three pillars at this footy club that I laid this blame on Number one John Olsen, he was on your program ROWI interviewed him about the reappointment of Matthew Nicks and Rowe was asking why it was done so early, and John's response was why not? Well, what a magnificent measure of success that is?
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 7: Well, why not my grandmother? Then we have Tim Silver's coming on here, continually backing up Matthew Nicks on the back of what you just have to look at his results to be thinking, hey, what is going on here? What are these guys actually thinking?
Speaker 9: We then had.
Speaker 7: Adam Kelly throw a talk about values and standards in the meantime, our leadership guys throw young Rachel under the bus. Now the boys on your program, I think it was probably yes or when the Rochelley things came up. The breakfast guys put it beautifully.
Speaker 9: We are year five.
Speaker 7: Values and standards in year five are the sum of what fifteenth on the premiership table and a crap footy club. And that's pretty much where we're at. Because urani as good as your results, and Urani as good as the leadership in your football club. And I don't rate John Olsen, I don't rate Tim Silvers. I don't rate Adam Kelly and I don't Matthewnique.
Speaker 3: Thank you, John, Which to your point about four years ago they improved, Well, here's the win the win titles seven eight last year eleven eight seven eight, eleven eight. I mean, if you chart that on a graph, you're not saying it's particularly exciting growth over that period.
Speaker 2: But let's just defend the board for one second in regards to the growth. So twenty twenty was when Matthewnics came in three wins. That was the beginning of a rebuild. The next two years were also classified as rebuild. They went and COVID, so they went three seven eight. That's growth, that's building, that's development, that's experience into players that they've recruited. Then you get twenty twenty three, which I think was somewhat one out of a box. They sat in the eight for pretty much the entire season and then they fell out right at the death. So with eleven wins, it could have been twelve if Butts and Kenny nuts. But for what we knew in the if Crow's fans over this summer, this last summer gone were predicting a season of this quality, I think they would be probably in the minority. There are a lot of fans with a lot of excitement heading into this year. There are a lot of fans thinking that Matthew Nicks had grown the team from when he began in terms.
Speaker 4: Of a win.
Speaker 2: Trend upward over those years, and I think a lot of the players had been putting experience into maybe fifty to fifty at this point were the right players and the wrong players. Who knows how that will all end up, but at this point I think the question around why did they sign him when they did. I think at the point in time that they had they had enough to say they can back him in. But if they had more information they definitely would have got a different answer, absolutely right. But in that moment, that's what it looked good.
Speaker 3: At that moment, they'd never had a period of footy with expectation. So at the end of last year, the leadership of the club havn't said rebuilds over. They said finals is the goal, and then one round in the expectation.
Speaker 6: The word expectation started coming in now.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the downfall in a way, because that's when you put that into the player's mind that hey, we're ready to play fine.
Speaker 3: Just to round out that thought, though, it just strikes me as there would have been two questions. I would have thought that ninety percent of people not party the decision would have asked when it came to the resigned the coach. Question one, who are we bidding against you? Is there a danger going to lose the coach?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: It didn't seem like that was true. Haven't heard anything subsequent that would suggest there was any bidding war.
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 3: And the other one of us would can we just see what this looks like for a month or two months in a season we've got expectation, and then maybe round six you go, if it's going, then we say, let's so there's no chit chat or distraction or so forth. This is one of the most peculiar decisions, and.
Speaker 6: It happens, you know, not just in Adelaide. Does the AFO as a sport?
Speaker 5: When was the last time someone you know pulled the trigger from a club perspective? And you guys might be I've been trying to think about it as well and going, you know what, I know that coaches in the last year of his contract.
Speaker 6: But we'll just wait, We'll just wait.
Speaker 5: But first, for some reason, like in NBA or the NFL, they know that they just wait.
Speaker 6: They don't that's rightly.
Speaker 5: They wait and they go, well, let's see how it goes, and ultimately, if that coach wants to leave, will get a better offer.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, I've.
Speaker 3: Got a theory on that camp. And it's a bigger sport where it's probably a good sport topic. But you've got soccer around the world. You've always got the threat of relegation. There's a real danger if things don't turn around, you just slip into irrelevance. Your club disappears off the map. In America, every franchise is run by a billionaire with an ego that's bigger than his bank account, and you don't get results. He says, I don't get on pain out. I'm sacking him. I'm hiring in footy. And the Crows are in the most precarious position here. When you've got a membership base, it's huge. They're never going to get seventeen thousand people there. Yeah, and they want to be good, but there's no real there's a you can't I said this earlier in the week. You can't fake desperate fighting for your life, for your existence. Today you can afford to you like a guy and you think someone's good and ever around the club's on the same page. It's good. We can afford to be a bit more pay. We're going to afford to go into year six next year with the coach who's got a winning record about thirty five percent. Now, I know it's not the whole picture, but I just I've got I've heard the arm that's right. Yeah, it's a lot of evidence. Ken an ingle Farm, what do you think?
Speaker 10: I think what that last boat said was absolutely perfect spot on. I'm right behind him and I'm discussing in the craws, mate. I mean then players tonight.
Speaker 11: I mean you talk about dropping Rochelley dropped himself, Josh, don't give a crap what John Olson and Tim Silver's. If I was you, mate, I'll be telling them now.
Speaker 9: I said, you're lucky.
Speaker 11: I want to play for you next year, mate. I mean, you're making me feel bad about doing what I've done. I'm on there trying me guts out. He's a young player. Now, you look at some of these coaches that are playing in these in the Victorian teams. They don't win five CI scumes in a row and they're gone, mate, They're gone. Right. How many times have we watched this going on for ten fifteen years?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 11: And another thing the Crows we won two premierships and then from that time on we've been just garbage, not garbage. But you know we just haven't been. We just haven't. And we're supposed to have been the team for South Australia. Mate, We've had all these teams to pick from, We've had all the money bought as far as I'm concerned, mate, they've come in and they've proven to be better at selections than us. I mean we're at Joe, I mean fair weather supporters. I mean, look at that teen mate, I'd be saying to him, what are you doing back to Ireland for? We want you to play this last game?
Speaker 9: Mate.
Speaker 11: This is what it's about. It's a team game. And as you just said, you said the right thing. They're getting too much money here, right, there's four teams too many in this competition and when Tasmania coming in an orbit territory, it's just going to be an absolute joke. It's not going to be back and watching this senfil when there's only three or four teams winning premierships for the fifteen twenty bloody years. I mean, I can't get over mate. I'm sick of watching it and the mistakes that some of our players were making tonight. I've been that leg kicking the ball in. I mean even Taylor Walker doing what he done right and other players that Jordan that the captain, I mean, isn't he's supposed to be in the middle of the park. What's he doing on the blood Yeah, he went back on that defender. They put him on the bloody back line.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Ken, thank you for your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of people, a lot of Crows fans want to have there say though, but we appreciate you and your passion. Mark and Freeling. What do you think.
Speaker 8: I got to disagree with a lot of what I'm hearing at the start of the year. If they two thought about all years text didn't pay until well he was on one leg when he came. You take those two, your best three forwards out of any team, especially in the developing team. He's going to struggle. The only two things that Nick's I think, well, one thing he's done wrong and one thing he's probably sort of done right. He's got to put some of these young guys through the middle. Is you're never going to find your next for Tracker or Bonton Pelly. But Ricelle could be one of those guys that his role. He comes into the team based on a half forward planks, roll up to the contest as an extra midfielder. The ball gets kicked in on our forward line and it's one verse three week in, week out. The guy needs to wake up for that. The other thing he probably if I could give him some advice they start looking at is when we're kicking the ball in defense, just go you know what I mean? Pretty much mucking around, But now myself in the train of thom.
Speaker 3: Can make a lot of sense. And I think a lot of listeners would have seen this. Certainly did the rounds on social media the last week, given how will Hawthorne have played when they finished that clear? But I think you guys might have played it on the sports show Did You Wear? I heard it somewhere where where Tom Mitchell was being ripped apart by Caro and Maddie Lloyd. It was on the Couch or one of those one of those shows and for this was about two years ago for his decisions to ditch Tom Mitchell and the Agro Mirror. And they were saying, you've gone too hard, your kids aren't ready, your teams think and he said, and he'd just been to visit Angeposta Coglo was itself theright time, and he went and saw him and he said, yeah, but if I have Tom Mitchell, I'm not playing. This is exact quoting I'm not playing Will Day in the middle.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: And so that now the difference that's come out now and people and again, as you said, Kebo hindsight, it's twenty twenty, but he was a bloke getting ripped apart for those decisions. And I just don't feel and I think, what's Marcus saying that the Adelaide Football Club mode those sorts of decisions.
Speaker 2: Well, the Crows for a long time were saying we need experience alongside the youngsters to give them someone to learn in a mentor. But is that still taking away from other players? I suppose that's a question right now, Campo, if you were in the position of Matthew Nicks, would you be doing it any differently?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 3: What's happened, it may well be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's an interesting one because I think you know, you talk about if you use your example will will Day, He's picked twelve and he's a star.
Speaker 6: You play that, So ultimately whose Adelaide's Will Day?
Speaker 3: Well, Luke Pedlers picked twelve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, and they played him at a position, they played forward.
Speaker 3: That was the different experience that he may never be Will Day right now, I take that point. But just in terms of how the two sides approach the same task, it's dramatically different, totally different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I guess that, well, once again, that's a that's a list management discussion and where they see, you know, and it's also a coach.
Speaker 3: You know, what do I need?
Speaker 6: What do I want?
Speaker 5: You can see the team that they played tonight. They're good decision makers, they're good kicks, they're.
Speaker 6: Hard, they're tough, they.
Speaker 5: Run, you know, they've got all those attributes. So yeah, it's it's it's a combination. For me, it's not just one thing, you know that needs to be fixed that My worry is is is it gonna what's the upside? Where's it going to come from? They're going to go, They're going to get an early pick. They're going to get an early pick this year pick in a talented draft, a midfielders draft. They need to nail this one. Yeah, you know they do, there's no question about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clutch time is now absolutely get it right.
Speaker 3: There was two Jordan's out there tonight, James and Dawson and now there's Jordan on the line from Coramanda East. Jordan. Good evening to you can boys.
Speaker 12: I just think it was a real failure of the year. We had some really good performances, but that's an absolutely disgraceful performances. And to say that we're moving forward when we can't even not even make the finals on the Matthew Knicks absolutely stupid.
Speaker 8: I think something really needs the off season.
Speaker 3: Thank you gone to Jordan, Thank you mate.
Speaker 2: So some interesting ones. So Carlton Away from Home was a great win I think for the Crows. That was early in the season. That was their first one of the year. Can I preface that though, And I was really strong on this. If you remember when on Tuesday they went back.
Speaker 6: But they got away with that right Carlton kicked themselves out of that. It was too fair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they had they led in like sixty entries or whatever. And because I remember.
Speaker 6: Rowe got on their back. I go, mate, they're not back.
Speaker 5: But that that was a fifty to fifty one to say the least.
Speaker 2: Then they had Port Adelaide by five goals. There are the wins where they beat up on North Melbourne, West Coast and Saint Kilda. But then I went against the Giants at home, which at the time was significant because the Giants were well, they were on a bit of a slope, but still there aquality side and we'll play strong finals foot, isn't it. At the time away from home at Dye had with a Marvel rather by two points. Was it was a thrilling win. And then the Western Bulldogs at home. But other than that, that's their season.
Speaker 6: And they drew against Brisbane of course, and that was the other one.
Speaker 4: So that's it. Yeah, that's not that's all they got to hang their head on.
Speaker 5: It's not a great, you know, set of numbers. Hence why you finished fifteenth. I mean, ultimately that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Thanks Jordan, let's got a giant nord by guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's pretty It was pretty ordinary night. The guys like Joanes and borle Ace. They're not up to stand it. But you've got to be honest. Jones, how long has he been in and oupisode? No, I don't want to sound like I'm be negative, but that was very ordinary e for tonight and sign Walker up. What story he's going to use a lot we've all got to use by day in sport, you've got to be honest. He's not very honest if he's going to put his hand up and go again, look at his performance tonight. No, Chase no legs speed. At this level, you've got to have legs speed, and that's how we need him in the forward line.
Speaker 2: That nah, who is thirty five years of age going into next year in April.
Speaker 5: It's for me, you know, you go through If you're comparing the two teams tonight, and we're comparing the top of the tree at the moment to now, the class difference is for me at this point in time, now, whether those guys can take it to the next level. I mean, all these guys like Gordon and all those you know they took you know that he's played almost one hundred games. But if you're comparing Chase Jones, for example, now I think that's a little unfair tonight on the basis that he was a sub.
Speaker 6: So that's that's a pretty hard But.
Speaker 5: If you're comparing two players at ninety games apiece, Errol Gordon's clearly a step above what Chase in the same I'm not sure if they were in the same draft.
Speaker 6: Tuggers I can't remember. Might be able to chase it up quickly.
Speaker 3: But he's younger, yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe, yeah, he may have played more foot. You're right, well, I think you're probably right. He's probably in a later draft on the back of that. But you sit there and you go, you know, that's the difference. That's what you're talking about. Chad Warner the same.
Speaker 2: Like he's Gordon's twenty two, he's younger than Jonesfield Thorpe's age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah he was draft So you're sitting there going on, you know the class pick thirty two, Yeah, the class of Nick Blakey of halfback. That was I guess our Brodie Smith back in the day. Will you know on all Australian half back penetrating kickoff half back?
Speaker 6: Who's that now? Is it Nan Curvis? Is it Warrel is it? You know? Who is it? Off the back?
Speaker 4: Of that.
Speaker 3: Now, that's the thing Campo as well. I think a lot of fans go, well, it's young team and they're coming through. Well, you're all Goodin's twenty one, he's not going anywhere Chad Warner's twenty three. Like we often compare to port Adelaid because of the two team town thing. Oh they've got this young super midfield. Well, a lot of teams have got really young, gun talented players in the midfield. Hawthorne, Sydney, Hawthorne, You're well, you're coming from a long way back, so even after five.
Speaker 5: So the question is then will is it is it development or is it game style?
Speaker 3: Well? Can it?
Speaker 4: Can it be a combination? Like you said earlier?
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely, I feel like it is because if you're picking players that don't suit your game style, you're in massive troubles.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask you a question on the other side of this break and we'll get back to your calls eight double two to three double O double OW. But our last call I mentioned a contract around Taylor Walker. I will bring that up with you on the other.
Speaker 4: Side of this. We do have to get to a break.
Speaker 2: Our ace transport solutions post game Sydney winners by thirty one points in the Crow's final game of the year.
Speaker 4: Eight double two three double O double O. Mario calls next.
Speaker 1: Fine double as after the game.
Speaker 3: This is five.
Speaker 2: Our post game for Ace of Transport Solutions. They need more drivers going to ACE Transport dot Au.
Speaker 4: If you need a gig, that.
Speaker 2: Is our number eight double two to three double O, double O. If you want to get involved, we are taking your calls. Let's get out to Ronella Jimaz.
Speaker 4: Hey, there you going, good mate, mate.
Speaker 13: So the first thing I just wanted to stay is the young guys that we've got Billy. Billy is going to be a great player. I've brung up a couple of times and mentioned Rory. He's been an absolute soldier as we've discussed many times. But I think it's time to him to spend a bit more safe time. Obviously a few eerrors tonight that were one of them passed us a goal, and then there was obviously there's a few turnovers. Dan Curtain never to play Standford again. I think he's a definite player that will be a full ready next season and with another pre season under his belt, and I think he showed signs that he's ready to take that step, and with another preseason under his belt, I think midfield would be great for him. I just want to know what your thoughts are and that.
Speaker 4: What were Curtain's numbers tonight in him in front of yep?
Speaker 5: I do he had the ten disposals, had four marks, four contested positions, goal kicked, the goal, had force score involvements.
Speaker 6: So you know, as I said, he looked look better forward if you took a body of work.
Speaker 5: Once again, he's play a little a bit at half back early when he came in, he looked a little bit off at that point in time. I think that knee for me doesn't look right like I watched him in the warm up.
Speaker 6: Well you wouldn't have seen.
Speaker 5: It at the ground live, but he comes out in the warm up and look it's just his gate.
Speaker 6: Boy, it may well be.
Speaker 5: I mean, Riley O'Brien's got an interesting gate as well, so maybe that is the case.
Speaker 3: But good, he's a good talking point. I reckon if if you're critical of the way in which the club has in this this last five years, integrated high draft picks because he came in initially playing as a key defender, which felt odd. He hadn't played that way as a as a junior, as he said, he played half back mid yeh. Then he comes and starts playing a few center bouncers, plays as a sub repeatedly, very little exposure in game time, and then ends the season sort of playing as a third tall forward, sort of a general forward sort, which I think they found us. They certainly found a spot for him, but that felt like a I didn't feel like there was an overarching plan about how to get in involved, how to integrate him, and where to make him feel comfortable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he sort of got squeezed out of the back a bit, you know, with Warrel and Nan Curvis going on, and then Murray came back in, and then Keen obviously had been pretty good up until that stage, so he was sort of behind those guys. And so that's where I guess he went back and played mid at the Samfall level and started to get.
Speaker 6: His game going, and then they gave him.
Speaker 5: You know, played four minutes and you know, go through that scenario. But then he went forward, and even that game when he went forward and kicked two you know against the book, it.
Speaker 4: Was like it was junk time.
Speaker 5: Well, it was, and he had only had three possessions up until at a time he would have been the obvious one, but text got a poke in the eye and so he stayed on. So yeah, it's an interesting one because as a coach you's sitting in there, go wait. Players need continuity, they need to feel comfortable in their environment to perform. So we've sing that with Jakes Lego. I think he's a perfect example. He played wing play a little bit forward and then all of a sudden he got his opportunity and now he feels like, Okay, I'm at the level I understand the game and I can play to my strengths and that's that does take some time. And once again, when you're playing in a team that's fifteenth, it's difficult. It's difficult with your development because you're not playing clearly well enough to win games of footy and feel good and be on top of it and you get another layer of energy and sort of those things. So it's a tougher one. You look at the young players to say Geelong and Brisbane that get incorporated into their teams. As an example where even Sydney, you know, like Caden Cleary, he comes.
Speaker 3: In but sell six games and he's.
Speaker 5: Not expected to do you know, he's expected to learn his game, fit into the system, get some confidence, and then next year you'll see him explode.
Speaker 6: Did you see this kid go?
Speaker 5: And once again that comes back to a list management thing as well, like you know, and Adelaide sort of did tip out a fair few and slowly retired and Texas you know, on the way out. So there's there's reasons for But I think it's really important for clubs when you're introducing them they have clearly it'd be nice that you're in good form because they don't have to carry the load.
Speaker 6: You know, it can be.
Speaker 4: Hard, keep taking your calls. It's got a hectorvillehimax.
Speaker 14: Yeah, look, I think they should get Ken from Ingle Farm to me a motivational speaker really well, I mean yeah, I mean obviously I'm not a Crow supporter, I must admit, but I think their midfield is pretty wopal let's be honest, because they'll certainly have to start recruiting pretty well, won't they. I mean, I think, you know, maybe the Crows afl W might be better off. They're really struggling. I mean, but they're just you know, like it's getting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry man, grahams at Tennyson high Graham, Yeah.
Speaker 15: Good boys, Just a rumor I've heard on now it's totally a rumor. Taylor Walker has not signed up for the Crows. Thinks to you at this point that correct, So.
Speaker 4: At this point contract is not official known.
Speaker 15: Okay, apparently I've heard a rumor and I could be totally actually wrong. The poort adelaideur age. Shouldn't Taylor the walk for one year contract?
Speaker 4: I can't imagine Taylor. Someone's pulling your leg I reckon Graham.
Speaker 3: Well, they need a bit of helping the forward line. You know, it's pretty thin up there outside it.
Speaker 5: Georgiady's well, I'm not sure they're going to I mean, once again, if you talk about and his text going across the.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure they're going.
Speaker 5: To play text in front of Olli Laud and those guys moving forward in terms of their list, demographic, moving them forward.
Speaker 6: Once again, we're talking about what Hawthorne did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Taylor Walker, as good as he is, that would be an interesting show.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it. That'd be a great storyline.
Speaker 2: Good you imagine so camp, maybe we go around the table with this So with no contract officially signed at this point that we know of at least, and the Crows have left it clearly till postseason to make this decision or at least make an announcement if nothing has been signed at this point, are you signing Taylor Walker for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 5: After tonight's performance, I'm sitting there going is he physically able to get for another preseason and play at what the game asks you to play at? You know, so that that worried. That worries me a little bit. From a leadership person around the footy club.
Speaker 6: I think he helps Foggity. I think he helps Phil Thorpe. I think he helps Glant. I think he helps those guys.
Speaker 3: And not just forwards.
Speaker 5: I think he knowing Taylor Water very well, He's a wonderful leader internally Monday to game day and what he's been able to do over his career is do that and perform on the weekend. Now the question is he's clearly going to get a clip in terms of his money, but I don't think that's important to text and.
Speaker 3: There's no salary cap pressure with the adeot Football clumber.
Speaker 5: And ultimately, at the end of the day, it's what does Taylor want to do, because I think that's really important because he has to be totally engaged, because it's not easy, like the life of an a for football is not easy.
Speaker 4: He said publicly he wants to play on next year.
Speaker 6: So I would imagine that that would be the case. Now, there'd be a couple of waivers to that.
Speaker 5: In terms of you need to make sure that you're at the level you know, and there's GPS, there's those sort of things measures around that, and it might be that he plays a certain amounting.
Speaker 4: So you think the good outweighs the bad, you'd sign him next for next year?
Speaker 3: I would, yes, okay, well, I would sign him on two provido two provisos. One, he is if fit, prepared to play a lot of sampful football.
Speaker 4: I agree with you completely.
Speaker 3: Now if you look at him and I say, text is the roality of the situation, mate, If you can be a mentor, but you can know you might play fifty percent of the season the sandful, and he says, I'm up for it, I signed him. The second proviso is the coach as the minerals to look a fully fit Taylor walk in the eyes say, mate, you're playing sandful. If both of those things can be satisfied, I'd sign him because I think to Campo's point, the guy's a legend of the club. His leadership is well established. That's an asset.
Speaker 2: Still, I think can you deserve the right I think at this point, if you're Taylor Walker to be sent off the right way and treated the right way by foota club, I agree with you, Will. I would suggest that they were to sign him, they'd.
Speaker 4: Play him the twos. But if they were to.
Speaker 2: I think at this point Darcy Foggerty and Riley Thilford quite clearly in the back half of this year proven that they are ready to own this forward line of the other football club going forward.
Speaker 4: They don't need text there anymore.
Speaker 6: It's good, it's a it's a really good question, Will, because I hadn't probably thought about that.
Speaker 5: You know, when you say the ten or twelve games, there's clearly what happens after that.
Speaker 6: Does he not play or does he play?
Speaker 5: Sample It's a good it's a really good question because I mean everyone's got an ego to a certain extent, is that the way he wants to finish his career.
Speaker 3: I think it has to be Look, you know, because he can't end his career like what we just saw.
Speaker 4: That's right, he's lasting that. No one knew what was going on. You can't end that.
Speaker 3: You think fans are unhappy now and he don't want and that's it's one of my I actually don't lie, you know, when you're getting to that end.
Speaker 5: You know, I went through with a great made of mine who I loved coaching Scott Thompson. He fell off very quickly, you know, and it broke my heart not to play him in two seventeen in the Grand Vinal.
Speaker 6: He didn't play.
Speaker 5: Because he he's an absolute warrior for that footy club. He could not have asked a better person, a better mentor player that gave you absolutely everything on the weekend, great role model during the week as a coach, you could go to him get honest feedback. There was no you know, it was black and white. But in the end it was Tommy think the game's just gone.
Speaker 4: Past him the end.
Speaker 5: And as much as he used to argue, you know, he used to be my tom like have a look at have a look like, this is not me, It's not I'm not trying to retire you but look at this, you know, and that's the hardest part of your coaching it. Then you know, you get great excitement from developing players and that's the bit I miss.
Speaker 6: You develop these young players and you see.
Speaker 5: Him progress through to become great two hundred game players of your footay club. Rory saw perfect example, you know, like you see those guys, but then when it comes to the end of there gone, you know, even with slowin he's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 6: Like your eye like you've got the rest of your life.
Speaker 5: But when you're so invested and those guys have got to a certain.
Speaker 6: Peak and they love the club and they want it to they don't want.
Speaker 4: To leave it the way it is.
Speaker 6: They want to leave the legacy when it comes to that. So it's a bloody tough conversation to have.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the insight on that.
Speaker 2: That is the real side of football, isn't it that we don't see I suppose as supporters a lot of the time and media we are just about out of time tonight, So thank you so much for your calls. We'll continue with the Sunday Roast tomorrow when the Drive Show and the Bricky Show of course during the week.
Speaker 4: But we have to get to our awards for the last time.
Speaker 3: You've forgot the awards.
Speaker 2: No, no, I just wanted to think profession because there's a lot of our callers I wish that wanted to get on there tonight and just haven't been able to get on to We have it under control, so let's get to our injury report. Nothing to report here for Calver Audelaide emergency ed tonight?
Speaker 6: Well was what was warrior?
Speaker 3: Was he subbed out? I don't believe was so.
Speaker 6: I hadn't seen anything that says that he was. You would have thought that was.
Speaker 3: An injury or that Crows tweeted tactical.
Speaker 4: That's the official that was that was him.
Speaker 6: He was the only concern.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was goal of the day thanks to Beechwood Homes, the real custom home builders.
Speaker 5: Well, they weren't spectacular to be but I went purely on way to numbers.
Speaker 6: This is my easy app I.
Speaker 5: Went Riley Phil for I thought he was the most dangerous and I love you know, he could have had a night out in a not a great performance.
Speaker 6: In the end, he probably should end up with five.
Speaker 4: I wonder if he wins in the game. Real estate market the night as well as it a few of them, well.
Speaker 6: He did, but I went, I went sideways. I went Riley O'Brien.
Speaker 5: I thought that contested late the game, we've always has had a great year in that part of his game. His rockwork, I think has been pretty good. And I thought he had a really good battle with Grundy to be honest, over the night, So I gave it to him.
Speaker 2: If you're selling the advisory of the game again in real estate now for unique home style foods our match winner of the night, you're three two one Campo.
Speaker 6: Well, it was tough. I ended up going one vote. Jake Saliga. I thought he his back half was pretty good. I mean, if you have a look at you had twenty.
Speaker 5: Five, had eight ground balls, eight contested possessions and eight score involvements, which is the highest on the ground. So pretty hard to go past that, you know, from that perspective. Two votes. I gave this Captain Jordan Dawson. I thought he'd tried his title off. I mean, he had a bad one in the end there, but he plays midfield, he plays forward, he plays back, He got tagged and still had an influence on the game and three votes I gave Riley Philthorpe. I thought that was a nice way to finish the game. I mean he was I thought he was great. Sixteen disposals, he had eight marks, seven of those were inside.
Speaker 6: Fifty, which is what you can what we're looking for him, and nine score involvements. So he was probably the most influential.
Speaker 3: When your head hits the pillow tonight as a Crow's fan and you want something nice to think about, you just think about Riley Philthorpe finished the season getting being best on ground and I get to watch him for the next ten years. Yeah, that's something to be exciting.
Speaker 2: Remember the start of the year and we thought he was going to change everything about the Crow season. Then we lost him. Well that's what you get to see hopefully next year from round one. That's certainly a positive. The Crow season ends in fifteenth eight wins, fourteen losses, one draw. That is it for twenty twenty four for the Adelaide Football Club. Mario calls during the week on this topic, thank you so much for joining us this evening. It's the Sidney Swans who took it out of the SCG by thirty one points, one hundred and twenty one to ninety will take you out. Andrew Reimer to join your next on five double.
Speaker 3: A dribbles it towards Walker who delayed the head order curtain.
Speaker 6: Who's going to run in and jickies first without the.
Speaker 2: Evening as Blakie Young contested to go straight to him. He skipped your lad out, put it through. He should he looks for the goals. He pins him back and he does Campo nostra to NuBus.
Speaker 4: Blake.
Speaker 2: Hee's got himself a goal, cutting him up through the middle and as a mark fifty out from goal Campbell he's got a loose man and the goal spore to be marked and it'll go straight through and it's man McDonald who has had a dirty nine. Gets a little bit of polish on it. Dawson can anble four now for Zach Taylor, who just tucks it under the wing, charges to thirty, kicks a goal.
Speaker 4: And nails it.
Speaker 3: So Blake he'll just open up the angle and make magnificent contact.
Speaker 2: He's kicked he second, he's pretty straight, but kick looks like it has the journey. He hasn't got the accuracy Eyn does. It's in the row Sea and that's a goal.
Speaker 4: Taylor Walker with his second goal tonight.
Speaker 3: So Zach Taylor will drive it straight through the middle. The youngster hees tick two in this game.
Speaker 2: She'll be able to nail this one. McDonald and does. That's his bread and butter. He's got three on the evening for Sydney. They finally register one after three quarter time. Walks in off the fence line. He's thirty meters.
Speaker 4: Out in the tough angle on the pocket. That'll be a great goal.
Speaker 2: It sneaks in, brilliant goal to Zach Taylor directly in front.
Speaker 3: He made great contact, He's kicked the goal. It's third world un Riley filter.
Speaker 2: It started with so much expectation and excitement and has ended with so much dissatisfaction and disappointment. The Swans will go into finals with a thirty one point win at home and the Crows will lick their wounds with a long, long offseason.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Double a's after the game thanks to Acid Transports. Acid Transport Solutions need more drivers, so get in touch with the team with Acid Transport Solutions now.
Speaker 3: AFL lay on five double A