Speaker 1: Again, I tell him it's the bloody you project. Doctor Jeff is just declaring his love for Tiff and just he's just put me in second place straight away at the top of the show, the only Child is back in therapy, it would seem, so I'll just be booking that straight after the show. Tiff, what's it like being the perpetual favorite on my show?
Speaker 2: Look, I'm quite partial to it.
Speaker 1: I haven't quite it seems to be a common occurrence. It's like, I feel like some people only come on the show so they can meet you. And you know what else? I hate when I go out and people say to me, what's Tiff?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I go fucked if? Like, hey, fuck t iif? Good? Ay, Doc, how are you.
Speaker 2: Listen? I am here to enjoy the entertaining witty nonsense that is, you know, is spun by you and your own Robin Quiver's Tiff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is that is who she is. What time is it over there in the thriving metropolis? It's seven fourteen in the am here? What is it there?
Speaker 2: Good morning to you? It's it's one fifteen in the afternoon in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Well give you up, but a cup? Are you at work. Are you seeing patients today? What are you up to?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And full disclosure, I was late to our get together today because I was running a little behind with patients. So I appreciate your your your understanding, and only dockumy pay fifty Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well he was given his first warning everyone before we went there. I told him that there'd be fifty percent reduction in payment this episode, which you know, I do it for his own good, because if there's no consequences, people don't learn. And I'm all about learning and teaching, and if I have to dispense a little bit of tough love, you know what, I'm going to fucking do it. That's that's okay. So even at your age, even with your status and your brand and your credibility and your disgusting wealth, you've still got to learn a lesson.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you, professor for making sure that I stay in my lane here. Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's open the batting. That's an Australian term. It's a cricket term that you won't understand. But let's open the bat I want to dive straight in. So I've spoken a bit about biological age. Is it possible to reverse biological age without a doubt significantly, and just just tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without a doubt. So biological age is probably more important measure of our overall health and potential longevity than our chronological age. Yeah, but we measure chronological age of meaning how old we are. But as you know, you can look at a couple eighty year olds and one is decrepit and gray, and you know, on a cane in a rocking chair, and one is playing pickaball. Do you have pickleball there?
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, pickables, just like in the stites. It's gone nuts.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. So, and it turns out that there are markers in the cell, different markers, certain products cells make or lack of products, Certain changes on the appendages to the genetic material called methylation, certain appendages to our antibodies called glycylation and or glycosylation, And these things are markers, and you look at them, you know statistically of how effectively old our biology is. Not our calendar edge, you can reverse those. Those are inducible one way or the other, and you can significantly reduce them, mostly by making choices.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Okay, I've got so if this is all bro science and this is just you're talking off the top everyone, And remember everyone, none of this is necessarily medical advice. We're just chatting which one's going to have the biggest impact negative impact on biological age over time. So consistent and regular stress as in distress booze like daily drinking, probably too much booze or shitty sleep over a long extended period of time. So stress, booze or sleep.
Speaker 2: Those are my only choices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can no, you can go wherever you want.
Speaker 2: I would say the largest mover of the needle is based upon your physical health, your exercise status, your muscle mass. Thoes all go together because if you do that robustly, If you exercise robustly, and we're talking you know, high intensity exercise, we're talking to work to failure, we're talking muscle gains. You can almost forgive a few little violations in the alcohol department, the eating department, and the neurological slash psychological stress department.
Speaker 1: You know what I find interesting about movement and obviously that's the space that both TIF and I have worked in most of our adult lives. Like when you go into a gym, it's changing now a little bit. But for the vast majority of my life, whenever I would go into a gym, especially a weight room, most of the people that you see in there probably don't need to be there as much as the people who do need to be, you know. So there's this huge group of kind of sixteen to thirty five year olds, and it's good they're in the him and it's good they're training. But the people that probably most need it physiologically and from a health perspective, like forty plus, tend to be the minority in there. But it's shifting now a little bit. I think you yep, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: See the same thing here in the States. And I think that what you do in a decade determines how you will feel an age in the following decades. So if you are in your forties and fifties and you're busy working and doing things that you say, oh, I'll get more into exercise in the next decade, you're going out or wrong. You need to do stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: I've spoken about this a bit lately, but why do you I know you're not a psychologist, but why do you think we're so reactive rather than proactive. Is it just because you know, taking action is uncomfortable and it just requires effort, or you know, why do we wait until stuff falls apart?
Speaker 2: I think the modern world has given us certain easiness and laziness, And it's just the dopamine release. Was sitting in front of the television or in front of your phone is immediately gratifying compared to the more delayed gratification from consistent workouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well we do love a little bit of dopamine, don't we. And that idea of again a well worn path of conversation here, but the idea of delaying gratification is not the most attractive to people. It's like, no, just wait, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. How far away are we from creating I don't know if this is the right term, you'll know, but creating tissue in a lab that we can use to repair injury, you know, like Achilles Tenon's knees, Like creating human tissue, if that's the right term. Yeah, you know, rather than what we've been doing for the last thousand years.
Speaker 2: Well, we do that in some ways now. I don't know if we're creating a lab, but I mean, people can donate tissues for that purpose. Some of these umbilical cord cells that are donated can go into an incubator in a lab and they can spit out more to an extent, So that is creating it of sorts, and we're getting better at learning how to well strategize or modify it or induce it to make you know, more specific healing elements. So we're doing that now. It's not readily available everywhere, and some of it is considered experimental, but nature's done this for us for so long, right, the womb is theater, and the birth products are so amazingly restorative and regeneritive. So it's here, it's here now, and it's just growing fast.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this yesterday when I was listening to a dude talk about or two dudes talk about transhumanism, which my understanding is it's essentially the kind of the intersection or the merger of biology and technology and like. And obviously there's already a level of that, of course, we're using technology and operations and medicine already, but the kind of evolution of that where more and more we're going to see this integration of for want of better term, human and robot or biology technology to have this this hybrid new kind of version of a human over time. Do you ever think about that? What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen, we already have ellen of transhumanism. We have neuralink elon Musks company, where you have electric electronic implant. But before that, there's something called the Dobell eye. It was basically an array of detectors that you could wear in a set of glasses and they are wired into an array of elect electrodes that lay on top of the brain in the back of the brain and the occipital lobe where vision is detected in someone that's blind. But let's say they they're optic nerve never developed during their when they were a fetus, so they have they have ability to the light and the and the perceived world hits these detectors. They're like little cameras. It gives electronic or variable impulses to an array of areas in the back of the occipital lobe, and the brain is an AI. It's a neural network. It starts to recognize patterns, it starts to define those and get and get used to them, and pretty soon you can they have vision of sorts. So this is this goes back, you know, twenty five thirty years. This is not new. Elon Musk has got it down to a smaller device and maybe even an externalized device eventually, which would be nice because nobody likes to have to have their head open to put an array of electrodes in there. But transhumanism, though, speaks to these technologies that would allow our our data to be downloaded into a continuous form, you know, your soul or your mind or your memories into a digital form where you could upload them later into someone else, or into a new version of yourself that's not as biologic or something like that. That's that's sort of the underlying concept.
Speaker 1: Imagine that, Tiff. Imagine downloading your consciousness into some kind of external hard drive or something, and then and then uploading it later once you get I don't know, I don't know, or maybe yeah, you might get a new body later, you might get a donor body, and you know, I become Brian, and Brian becomes me, and then I just upload Craig's consciousness back into the new donor body and now I just do life. I don't know, I don't know. It freaks me out a little bit. Would you do neural link doc if you knew it was one hundred percent safe?
Speaker 2: If I think it's safe, We've been doing things like that all the time for years. I'm not worried about the safety profile. But how you'd have to have a need for it, like if I lost vision or the use of my limbs. Of course they would.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I'm misunderstanding. I thought neural link, like Elon's version, is essentially access to the Internet in your brain, among other things.
Speaker 2: It could be that's fair. But the reason you would do that right now because you cannot utilize a computer and you need to use eye movements or thoughts to to to access the world socially, I don't. I'm not ready to do that because I still have most of my my faculties at the moment.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, yeah, allegedly. What's the What are the prize and cons of as as we extend lifespan and health span? I don't know if we by the way are we going? Are we extending it? Are we extending health span? Or or is it going backwards? I should I should start with that question.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, we had been slowly extending lifespan, health span has There's no good measure of health span and populations that I've seen, So we don't know the answer to that. COVID drove us backwards because you measure the statistics and there's so many deaths between twenty twenty and twenty twenty two, and we're actually still seeing increased mortal diseases, you know, cancers and things that might may or may not be related to the COVID virus or the COVID vaccine. And so I think we need to zoom out thirty thousand feet and look at this a decade from now to answer that. But we have the ability our health to move forward with extending healthpan. Our health system in the States doesn't allow it. In fact, it specifically works against it.
Speaker 1: In what way we.
Speaker 2: Have a sick care system, not a healthcare system materially active, not proactive. And it's you know, people are given solutions for bad behaviors like what they eat and what they smoke and what they drink, and the best solution is free of charge, and that's not doing those things, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, yeah, yeah, Let's get to the calls rather than the symptom. Let's let's change the behavior. Let's change the behavior. Right, what are the uh, what are the pros and cons? Again, and this is just an opinion of maybe down the track having a generation of people that live to one hundred and ten, one hundred and twenty, and they get to one hundred years old and they're relatively operational and functional. That a good or a bad thing?
Speaker 2: Well, it can be a good thing if those are healthy people, you know. That's why we're talking about health span. These are not only just people living longer, but they're functioning and you know, contributing and enjoying and all that. So they're not lying in a nursing home bed, you know, waiting for a diaper change. That's not health span, that's lifespan. So we have that. Now we have super centennarians, people over one hundred you know, you know, out there contributing, driving, independent, more and more than ever. So the problem is our statistics on life expectancy take in all people, people with war health, people with you know, you know, self inflicted poor health as well, so they dragged down the stats. If you took populations of people in their eighties, nineties and one hundred and beyond the older you live Comma the older you will live, Meaning if you can get to that point, you have a chance your chances of getting further are better.
Speaker 1: Do you think that like the idea of while still obviously using medical professionals, but the idea of people kind of trying to understand they're on ziology in the way that their body responds and playing with the different variables with you know, nutrition, sleep, strength, training, supplementation, all of the things that you know, trying to modify stress and how we work and where we work, like trying to teach ourselves how our own body works and becoming almost like our own doctor in a way. I feel like that's not the worst idea.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I think we need to take ownership. There's a lot of passiveness at least what I see, and people, you know, showing up at the emergency room or urgent care or primary doc saying set fix me, give me a pill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a certain you know, I don't know, demand or desire to have it just you know, flip a switch and make it better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're seeing AI kind of creep into everything. Of course, what's the what's happening in the medical space at the minute. You guys using II in any capacity with your work, and what do you think that This is a big question calls.
Speaker 2: First and foremost in the science side of things. AI will improve our ability to make predictions and decisions based on on scientific data. So many things in clinical medicine are based on one to ten scales or these these linear scales, whereas the true behavior is not a linear behavior, and they're they're dummy down into into these uh you know, the these non parametric, fuzzy symp systems are dummy down into statistics of systems of numbers that don't work, and we still use those because no one on the statistician side called out the doctors long ago. H So AI is a non parametric system. It allows us to take different data that is weighted differently. It allows us to assign weights to data and it's self assigns. That's the beauty of it. So pattern recognition and medicine is the key. AI is going to help us with that. It's going to help us figure out more difficult things, difficult patterns or things that fall out of a pattern is a pattern, so you know that's important It's also helps us take large amounts of data. You know, some people come to me in a doc. I've been sick for years. I've seen twenty doctors. Here's a big stack of records. If you review these, you'll have a better sense of what's going on with me. And that's you know, it's gargantuane work. That's hours and hours of work that you don't get reimbursed for. So so you could drop those into an AI and say, summarize these and you know, don't leave anything out, and you know, there's a lot that will save us time and figuring out patients. And on the therapeutic side, think about designing new enzymes and proteins and medications for problems or peptides which is you know, growing so fast. That's that's really the fun stuff, right, Design me the best peptide that that binds and blocks this receptor and causes people to be happy all the time, you know, I mean you could get that right.
Speaker 1: So and is II being uh is it being embraced by the broader medical community. I feel like there's a bit of division or a bit of polarization. Some people are like running with it. Some people think it's dangerous. Is there a general vibe in the medical community, Now, that's fair what you're saying there. I think there is.
Speaker 2: There is embracement of the technology because most people understand the power of it. There are still those old fashioned guys and gals who think it's witchcraft. But that's okay. I mean, you know, open minds are the ones that pushed the boundaries to help find and foster new ideas that for success. So I think all in all, it's it's here to stay, it's coming, it's getting better and better. You know, we're using it for like a medical transcription, so I don't have to type my notes or rely on someone that's very expensive to type them up. I can use an audio AI processor to try to understand my big words by big medical words, which is way better than me trying to write them down because my handwriting is miserable.
Speaker 1: Well, those days of fast disappearing where you're going to actually have to use a pen and piper. I think we spoke a little bit before about the speaking of technology using apps and trackers and the like. Can you tell I don't think we told Jeff the story. Just quickly, your blood sugar monitor story. Yes, and the subsequent spiral tiff Nelly talked herself into it.
Speaker 3: Oh so suggestible put me under hypnosis in a heartbeat. I got one of the continuous blood glucose monitors, Jeff, because I was interested in looking at what my cookies due to my blood sugar, so I would have ehter data to convince myself not to have them so frequently. And by the second day, I realized that I was frequently dipping into hyperglycemia. That's the low blood sugar, isn't it hypoglassic I was dipping down, and then as I watched every night, I was going dropping down and staying in that red rat. I was so traumatic, but in no time I felt like I felt sick. I felt I was so I went from starting to feel good to feeling exhausted and horrific. And then just before booking an endochronologist, I thought, I'll just duck up to the chemist and I'll get myself a finger prick test, and the glucose monitor was completely off.
Speaker 1: We tell him what you said, tell him what your actual score was, and tell him what the monitor said.
Speaker 3: So it was dropping below three yeah, two point nine to three, and the monitor was like five five to six.
Speaker 2: Okay, we go off different units here, but I can see the relative value of that. Now the device you had, did it? Was it one you put on your arm and it pricked your arm? And okay, was it calibrated properly?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's a method to calibrate these things, because usually those work pretty well. Something must have gone wrong because I thought that with this hypoglycemia, the only way to solve it was to have more cookies.
Speaker 3: Well, I started eating oats before bed every night. I put a lot three kilos in a week.
Speaker 1: But you know what was funny was before that, right, you kind of put the monitor on as more a curiosity than any kind of you know, strategy, right, Yeah, and then and you were feeling fine, and then you didn't change any behavior. But then the monitor told you that something bad was going on, which actually wasn't going on, but you believed the data, not your own instinctive kind of you know, like your body is like fine, but this fucking piece of this gadget's telling you you're not fine. And then you believe the gadget and you actually became sick.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was so exhausted.
Speaker 1: Afternoon. You are very very easily like, how suggestible you very No.
Speaker 2: No, The beauty here is she had to go all the way to get a continuous glucose monitor because she wanted to make sure that what she knew about having too many cookies was actually the wrong it was actually a good concept. She could have just she could have just gone with her gut. Then don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you just don't eat the cookies. You've got the fastest metabolism in Australia.
Speaker 2: It's a problem.
Speaker 3: Do you just eat the cookies?
Speaker 1: I mean she puts on muscle like a boode that's on gear. I mean, it's so ridiculous. Yeah, imagine if you did do something of an anabolic nature, we'd have to call you Dave by about Wednesday. Speaking of gizmo's and gadgets, are there any health or or are there any gadgets that are being used in integrative medicine or biohacking that are kind of emergent? Doc? Is there any fun tech stuff that's happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where do we start? So let's let's start with photobiomodulation infrared anti inflammatory panels. They make they make a helmet to help stimulate hair growth. Probably too late for you, but most most people, well just messing with you.
Speaker 1: That's another twenty percent off your feet.
Speaker 2: The uh. You can do a pulse electromagnetic field MATT also another use of electromagnetic uh, you know forces. They have vibration plates which you know, certain vibrations and even sound and harmonics are stimulate, stimulating, you know, useful activities within our cells. You also want to remove electromagnetic fields. At other times, you can do a grounding matress pad where you take the electric electricity out of your system. You can ground in the on the earth with your bare feet. Yeah, there's this tech called sunlight. We're supposed to get sunlight on our body, not too much, but also not too little, not just on our exposed areas. Youve got to go out there and expose yourself a bit.
Speaker 1: We've got is that why Tiff goes to the top of the mountain and puts a butt towards the sky.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently there's a whole group of people who expose their privates to the sun now and there. Apparently is very good for reproductive health and all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: So did you know that, Tiff. That's why I said that that's actually true. These people go out and they stick their their buttthole, they're they just point it to that's the sun. Yeah, that's right, just just sticking there a nurse up towards the sun. So so don't come over today between one and two. Imagine if you're out doing a bushwalk and you just climb over the top of the hill and they are a twenty people in a paddock doing that.
Speaker 2: That's the moon is facing the sun. So more back to the health tech, if we're being on this vision is you know the wearable health tech I think is great. You can really track things, whether it's an Apple watch, whoop band garment, or a ring. All these new rings are coming out now with more enhanced I think they got one ring I just ordered that charges itself on your body heat. So I haven't tested it out yet, but that makes sense. And they you know, we're going to have they're available a little bit that they've got these health monitoring clothes. They can check the electrolytes in your sweat and different things pH and and you know they've got things for toilets they measure what's in your urine and other waste products coming. They've got new little blood test devices where you can you can through micro fluid channels take a little prick of blood and measure quite a few things. You know, through a device you might have at home, or if you're a biohacker, you can check different things. And there are you know, besides the the the electromagnetic suits you can wear when you exercise to stimulate the muscles. You can use katsu bands, you know, the the compression bands on the muscles to take some of the blood float, get to failure quicker. And I'm just scratching the surface. You know, there are these we participate in these conferences they have here in the States and probably not just the states where they spoil this health tech. And it's it's just the ideas are amazing. What's out there?
Speaker 1: Do you follow that guide? Tif? Ben Greenfield's name, Yeah, he's like he's full on a he's not a doctor or any I think he's got a master's in something, but he's very he's in the mix. There isn't he doc? Am I thinking that the right guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You are. He's he's a very big biohacker. He's very active guy, doing lots of different things. He's out there a lot, a lot to be learned from his experiment self experimentation for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always wonder like the you know, how he is. How some people like really kind of consciously and strategically manage their health in an intelligent way, you know, make the decisions try and you know, turn off screens two hours before bed, all the kind of you know, sleep well, move well, you know, micro macro. And then there are other people who more worry about their health. And then it's almost like it moves sometimes from being like a discipline and a protocol and a strategy that works to an obsession that creates anxiety and stress. And so I'm probably one of those people where I need to be careful that I don't get obsessed with everything, you know, Like otherwise it goes from like I weigh my breakfast every morning, like I have certain ingredients and I just know where I have this many grams of this, this many grams of that. But I need to be careful that, like because sometimes I'll take one nut on or add you know, remove, or I'm like, what am I fucking doing? It's one gram and I have to catch myself. I think there's a time where it's like you move from being like disciplined and focused and kind of organized to being obsessed. I wonder where that line is, and I wonder how we recognize when we're stepping into. You know, now I'm creating I'm creating stress and anxiety around. All of this in itself is bad for my health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think because you're aware of it, you're probably safe from suffering it. Yeah, it is a thing. We see that the paralysis by analysis and stress by analysis, and well, you know, you're spending your whole day analyzing and you're not actually doing anything.
Speaker 1: So if people are not exercising, I know you're not the exercise guy, but you kind of are. I mean, you work out yourself, and you're in this space people are doing not much like other than just general movement, kind of incidental activity, maybe a bit of occupational activity. Would you prioritize strength over cardio or cardio over strength if somebody was and I know we want both, but for you.
Speaker 2: I think longevity requires muscle mouse So I probably go with strength over cry of vascular because you do use your cardiovascular system when you're doing strength training. You don't necessarily you build strength when you're doing cardiovascular training.
Speaker 1: I picked you, what's your protocol? How many dies awake? Are you lifting heavy stuff? Oh?
Speaker 2: Gosh, when I'm well behaved, it's plates three days. I don't know that I call that heavy, but it is. It is weight bearing of sorts, and it's I work the stabilizers and things like that, and then the other three days when behaved is heavy. One set to failure workout mixed with twenty to thirty minutes of interval high intensity low intensity cardio, up and down, up and down.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you, in terms of your own kind of protocol have changed? Well done A one id on over the last side deck?
Speaker 2: Ye oh yeah, yeah. I mean I used to think that you had to do more reps, you know, to get muscles. That's not the case, you know, because then you're just doing reps and you're not necessarily working to failure. I used to think cardio was was also time on the treadmill, or time running or time bicycling or whatever. It's not. It's more about strategic intervals and things. And you know what, you can build your cardiovascular system in a hot Sama just sitting there, So there are otherwise to work on your cardiovascular system. I used to think that Ploate's was for the ladies, and.
Speaker 1: I I'm glad you've done the one idea on that, but all consers.
Speaker 2: It's quite good. I mean really, I have definitions and muscle fibers in places I've never had them. You know, you look at the leg and you could, oh, yeah, I remember studying that one in medical school.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Although it's pretty cool. So those are some of the things.
Speaker 1: I What do you do do you do reformer PLARTI is that like right in the bed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do a class usually five or seven people, and we try to go early and get it out of the way and get some energy for the day. That really gives me a mental boost, I think as well the blood flow or something.
Speaker 1: And what's your like for you personally? What's your optimal time of day for say training or working out versus cognitive performance? Like my my brain, my brain seems to work better between when I get out of bed and about three. That seems to be when I'm the smartest.
Speaker 2: I agree, I am more motivated, more, I get more done in shorter time. In the first half of the day mentally, However, historically, I love you know, something about that late afternoon sun that says beautiful, Well, let's go for a run. So getting up in the morning was and getting to the gym, and it has been something we've done in the last year. Yeah, at the insistence of my wife is like, come on, come on, come on. I'm fine, Okay, let's do it. And now I'm kind of used to it. And if I though, if I were left to my own devices, I probably go in the afternoon to the gym. When my brain is done for the day, I go to the gym and then you know, that's my destressed time. I can relax. That's my relaxing. It's better than sitting in front of the TV.
Speaker 1: Is your job stressful? I mean I know that, I know that you're dealing with complicated medical issues and people with real problems, But is the does it stress you? Or do you? Are you kind of, for one of a better term, immune to that. Like I do a lot of work, but I don't get stressed in my work.
Speaker 2: I aside from this challenging podcast, I do with this slow and understandably. Yeah, I you know, remember I'm I'm recovering neurosurgeon, so stress to me was an aneurysm rupturing in my face while before I clipped it. Or you know, someone dropping their blood pressure on the operating room table when I'm trying to finish the surgery. That's stress. So everything else is a bit. I'm well adapted to everything else. Can there be stress? Yeah, when I get behind with patients in a day and I've got I'm backed up and I'm making people wait, I get a little uh. I get a little stress, but nothing I can't handle. There The other stresses out there are more social, the haters on the internet who who aren't ready for prime time with regenerative medicine. There are a lot of bad behaviors out there in people who are either not loved by their parents or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like as we get well, for me anyway, as I get older, ironically, i'm more interested in I'm interested in my body working well. I'm interested in strength and bone density and posture and you know, cardiovascular health and all of those things. But I'm most interested for me in cognitive performance, just because I need my brain to work optimally because of all the stuff that I do, and teaching and communicating and problem solving and working with audiences big and small. What what should what could? What could people think about in terms of other than all the normal stuff like learning and you know, giving themselves cognitive tasks. Are there any supplements or anything that people can use that might help the way their brain works that that kind of get the doctor Jeff tick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, I'm very big on adaptogens, like some of the mushrooms out there, not those funny ones, Tiff, but the uh.
Speaker 1: The well then Tiff just switched off.
Speaker 2: I figured the lion's main shaga, you know, some of the ratie, some of some of the the you know, pro pro cerebral ones are very good. There are other neutropic stimulants that people take that can be useful. You know. The nootropic world is huge and you can look online. People are using all kinds of things for mental stimulation. Uh, you know, and getting more out of that. You know. Uh, there's a drug here in America we use for nausea called zofran is the brand name. Do you guys have Zofran?
Speaker 1: I haven't, I haven't heard of it.
Speaker 2: But on danceatron is the generic okay, and on Danceatron was originally studied as is a cognitive enhancer. So you you would take some in dance tron and go study for your test if you're a student, and and then uh later, you know, you you would maybe take some of the time of the test and you would have better results. So that's that's the kind of thing that that we've seen there.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that. Usually usually the things that we find out have some kind of cognitive benefit or neutropic effect. It's almost like that's an accident. Well, that's just a you know, like with my define which is that anti Noocalypsey drug, Well, that nocalypsy drug, I should say, I don't know what the brand I don't know what the actual name of that is, but the brand name in Australia is my definite. Have you heard of that?
Speaker 2: Definitely we have that too, which is actually used as a longevity drug.
Speaker 1: Now really really yeah, I want to ask you about that. I want to ask you about it. I want to ask you about that off air because I don't want people jumping on any protocol. Yeah, that's bloody amazing, And what about here's my last one just for you in terms of before we wind up. So stimulants like coffee, tea, what's your theory on that? Is that just an individual thing? How many coffees people can have and not kind of fuck up their nervous system or keep them awake or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is individualized. You know. I have people that can drink a pot of coffee and go to sleep. I have other people that you know, you can't touch it after two pm, it'll be up all night. So it's it's highly individualized. And how's to do with the speed in which you metabolize caffeine into its next molecule in the chain of being broken down, which is called parizanthine. Paris Anthene is the next pathway from the breakdown of caffeine, theobromine which you find in like chocolate, and one other methyls antheine. I can't remember the name of it top of my head. So some people suggest instead of having a caffeine drink, if you want a more stable profile, not that spike and then crash. They actually now make paraxanthine drinks, so you skip that caffeine step. Because that caffeine metabolism step is variable, and how fast you break it.
Speaker 1: Down parazan thinge what all right?
Speaker 2: Xantheine with an ax okaya x a N paraxanthine and that's uh. If you look up the biochemistry as a theobromine from chocolate and they all so so why don't you give dogs chocolate as they metabolize that into the paraz aanthein. It's too much of a cardiac stimulant for them.
Speaker 1: There you go, speaking dogs, tiss. Little puppy is not well. So she's about to head off to the vet, aren't you. Yes, well you can take her into the vet now and ring me later and tell me how she is. Tell us how she is. Doctor Jeff will say goodbye, Fair But we love we love you, and we love having you on the show, and our audience loves you and we appreciate you. So thanks for taking the time out despite all the piss taking. Thanks for taking the time out to connect with us.
Speaker 2: Thank you for again having me on the show. And for the listeners out there. I'm only getting twenty five percent of zero for this, so if you feel I deserve more, please write in send us a message. James. We'll take a vote. Maybe we can we can raise myself back to fifty percent of zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I may even give you a raise, so zero plus fifty percent. Moving forward, we'll have to renew your contract. Get your lawyers to call my lawyers, and we'll see what we can make happen. We'll talk offair, but thanks, We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Always take care