Speaker 1: Let's go to Highbury first game.
Speaker 2: Michael, Yeah, guys are I have to say, first of all, is probably one of the.
Speaker 3: Worst games I've ever had to watch on TV. Secondly, I'm not going to go down to Ken Hinckley Josh because I think Josh cars coaching and Ken you do what he has to do. But this team right now in a bar injuries. I said that less than after the Crows, when we've only got the Crows to beat Nobody. Every Hey's saying thatsen are bottom sorce side. That makes us a bottom four side. The sad part is they've got a game plan of handballing out from from the defense through. This team has not got the skill to do it.
Speaker 4: You're Western Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: You've got Hawthorne and they do it. But they know how to do it because they've got players that are skillful.
Speaker 2: Ugh to it.
Speaker 3: Our team for years of Obblist radio stations for years, there is no elite legs and now can's change the game plan. If you want to handble out of defense, one too many handlers they turn the ball over Like my god. Well, this team right now, in this club is an absolute rebble. You've got to bottom out well, guess what they are going to bottom out this year because there's going to be some horrific defeats. This team will finish in the between eighteen and sixteen and no higher. Beget about your injuries. There's no endeavor. There's nothing there. And I put this down and I've said it two years ago when David Koch said we won't make your decision on ken Heaton until August, he should have kept his mouth shut, made the decision where we got knocked down Straights this and we wouldn't be in this predicament right now. I've had a gust for this club. They are doing me no favors and I've been supporting this club from the age of twelve years of age. I've had a gustbel they are going nowhere because they have got weak leadership and it starts from Kosche down.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michael, Let's head up to Queensland.
Speaker 5: Hi, Trevor Good you can't agree with what the guy just said. Then the thing annoyed meant it was a fascical game. The realities are it didn't surprise what it's getting beaten. I'm disappointing we got beaten, but you know what it didn't surprise me at all. I just can't understand how our club can be so farcical in the way we've a way we've gone over the last several years, I can't understand. I've thought about it quite a bit and I thought, well, name one other organization in the world, but let's a bloke have a season to say goodbye, not one game, but a season ends under no pressure at all this year apart from pride, and to be honest, I don't think you've got a lot because if you had, you would have he would have walked. But sadly, our club is going to go nowhere this year, and this year is going to be a total way of the year, and at the end of the year we're going to see several players go, you know what, I'm out of here. And it disappoints me because it shouldn't be this way. It's it's just disappointing. The lack of the ever tonight, and the other thing I thought I was the lack of fitness. Who is our fitness coach? Seriously, our blokes look flat ladders packed fair enough, they had one game one day less to recover than the Bombers.
Speaker 1: For probably hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you go, really they look terrible, and the amount of handballs and kicking that just never got anywhere near not a meter awake, but two and three meters a time. Some players, you go, that's a joke, but really these boys getting paid elite money to be amateurs.
Speaker 1: Thanks Trevor.
Speaker 6: You guys always talk about effor it's the first thing you pack, and you sort of spoke to that a little bit at times.
Speaker 1: The intent of the game today from the power.
Speaker 7: I'm not certainly not giving it out is a hot, humid or humid night tonight. But both teams had that, that's right. Both teams had really poor skills. Both teams missed multiple opportunities. But I think it comes down.
Speaker 1: To the end.
Speaker 7: Well, if you look at Esson and you're a fan, you kick nine to eighteen, and they go, we if we kickstraight, the game would have been over earlier. Their argument could be, But you know, you certainly can't disagree with some of the sentiment of the callers.
Speaker 1: I get that. I hear that.
Speaker 7: The frustrating bit in the worry I had come in to the game was got to bring the effort against a team who's had their backs against the wall all week after a really poor performance.
Speaker 1: Didn't put them away early. They're a proud club. They busted it.
Speaker 7: At times Port looked like they were a level above if you look at Georgia Yardisford to center. But then those opportunities out and really they just outworked us at the end in terms of fitness, same fitness set up has been for the last four or five years. So is it mental? Is it willing to hang in there long enough? All those things need to be discussed and get to the bottom of it all. But the reality is you go in the last quarter when you're almost conceding double disposals, contested, uncontested shots on go inside fifties, You're not going to win a game of footy. And that was the worry at three quarter time. You've got to finish yourself and work through it. We thought the cream would rise to the top. Will Lessenons certainly did. Eight double two to three double O double O. You can join us the conversation if you want to have. You say, put Adelaide fans on a tough night, Bombers by twelve. Sam's at Marion.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Timmy, my man, I'm just gathered. I'm sick and you can blame ten for one thing.
Speaker 5: Tonight only I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: If you're gonna debut a player, do not leave him as a sub for three quarters.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm big on the sub to them.
Speaker 8: That's embarrassing. And he can't do a finger. Poor fella. He's been sitting down for three and a half barter three quarters on the bench players. I'm going to name him.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Both still lets us down at crucial times, not once, not twice, not one year, not two year. In crucial times. They don't want to work. They're flat rosy, just ring your ring, your ring, your ring, horn Francis dropping marks even three kicks away. If you're gonna recruit someone, I don't care if he's fifteen, if he's twenty five, if he can't kick a set shot from inside twenty five meters, three rounds in a row. When you're going to pull him off and let him know why you pull him off, Timmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a good night, Sam, not a good night, thank you. Let's got to know what hijiant skills report that hi Warran.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty disappointed with this. There's one thing I like, there's a young more right, yep, flyer. Yeah, he can hold his head off. I think over twenty five twenty five touches, I think, but here's a scenior players. I'll tell you what, don't want to have a good look at himself. They let the club down really bad, and not this scene you play. I think Wanes could hold his head high. But the other and they clue to captain. They went listening when the game was in the balance. That's all you're going to say. But the young fellow, I think he's going to be a huge player for the club.
Speaker 1: Young Morales, what do you think?
Speaker 9: Line?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't disagree with what you're saying. I did say it had had you know, Connor had been quiet and he had a wonderful start at the season. Jason had been quiet. Then he kicks a beautiful goal. But it's few and far between, you know. I thought, you know, the key senior players, where they did they win their positions?
Speaker 1: I thought it.
Speaker 7: Merit and goys, brain's going really well. Now I'm struggling here. I thought des will work through it. I thought Shield was big, Caldwell had a couple of big moments. You're looking for midfielders who dominated for port Ollie Wants probably had the most five clearances. Morales was good twenty seven. Bergen I thought it was great. Bergman was great. Connor has twenty two, but it wasn't to the level or Horn France. It's both at twenty two, but you wouldn't say they had a real effect on the game. There were moments they had, Yeah, that a quarter a half. But if you look, you made fourteen midfielder pow Pepper fourteen, Drew fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just not getting.
Speaker 7: Enough footy out of those guys, and particularly full to center, when the majority of your guys defenders getting the footy that tells you where you're positioning is so I thought credit to Essen and as I said in the call, that we needed a big last quarter and particularly your senior players had to stand up, and I thought essenence players did that instead of our Sadly, it's.
Speaker 1: At the glen Elk South Hi Brant.
Speaker 10: Yeah, how are you going? Hey, Brian, look really really disappointing, really disappointed. I just I just don't get what he's going on with the senior players. Connor Rosy, he's our captain. There were a number of efforts tonight which is not Port Adelaide. Mate. You've got to tackle people, you've got to pressure people, going to put your body on the line. I love Travis Folks. I respect what he's done for the club, but I've got this horrible feeling he's getting played to get to four hundred because he was woeful tonight. He turns the ball over late in the second quarter. There was a contest in the middle of the ground. All he needed to do was get position the ball or topoke it forward, but he stopped, went down and luckily Radigalia and defended Ko and it was the point right enough enough, he's too slow, he turns the ball. What about running into the forward line all on his own? George yass kick it over the top to him.
Speaker 5: But what did he do?
Speaker 10: Kicks it straight to well enough enough. I respect the guy. He's been a terrific servant for the footy club, but the game has passed him by.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: I think in answering that, Brian, and you know he entitled your opinion on that, I think the whole plan for both was that there were no promises this year. But I think what's happened, not just from both, from other players. We're seeing right now. And I never used injury as an excuse. But if you look at the likes of Butters, Burton, Marshall not you know, Zerk Thatcher Lacocious, they're probably five who you go there straight in the team great?
Speaker 1: Is that fair.
Speaker 7: That the first toy Thwart's best twenty two eighteen. Then you've got Jones and a bit of Lord or Finlayson who's out of the team on form. So that's five players if you rever. But everyone has injuries, right So I'm not trying to make this excuse, but the reality is players like Boka was going to be a bit part player going forward because agent playing a role and no guarantees could play half samdful, half whatever now on a stage where a lot of guys are getting that. But that then puts more pressure on your current players to deliver their best footing. And if you sit back and go who's playing career best form this year? I think Rosies had a really good start today. He was down that level. Jason hasn't been to the level he was last year. I think Sins improved, Bergolin's improved, Farrell around the Mark, pow Pepper slow to come back off that knee. At the moment, Barry is a kid. Soldo Bergman I think has been great. Reality's sort of here and there. Georgi Ardis is as good as last year. No, but he's been their main forward. I think right now you're dealing with a little bit of player availability, bit of confidence, and the competition's probably got a little bit more competitive and on the on and probably exposed Port right now with the injuries they've got. And that's no excuse because at three quarter time this game was there to be one, absolutely and it's and it's judged on effort and endeavor. Away from home, that game was there to be one. You kick the first goal. If you've got the next one, I reckon the sales go. The win comes out of the sales at essenon. But to Essen's credit, they kicked the last four and dominate the game double disposed. There was double clearances inside fifties, kicked four forward to one four.
Speaker 1: It's the game.
Speaker 6: Timmy talked about, you need to be clean when the game needs to be one. I think Port Adelai just won't clean, not just excellent.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Port weren't clean all game apart from Essen's last quarter. The super Queen.
Speaker 1: That's exactly where it was to be one they were cleaner and that was so. But I hear what the Port fans are saying.
Speaker 7: Right now, Yeah were you one and two and was supposed to be a soft start with a really tough period going. The questions are being asked and for as a club, in the playing group and the coaching group and everyone involved in the footy club, you need to bunk it down and get some results because the fans demand them.
Speaker 6: Home games against and Kilda next week and then Hawthorne and gather around to come for Port Adelaide after the one and two start.
Speaker 1: Let's head to no longer? Hi, Andrew?
Speaker 9: Oh Hi?
Speaker 11: My comment is how can a team go from playing Prelium finals last year to where they are today? I understand, Butter's is out, You've got the statues out and we lost Houston. But yeah, what what was the catalyst for this?
Speaker 1: Over the What do you think it was? Andrew? What's your gut?
Speaker 12: Look?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm speechless. I think I get the sense that maybe the players has checked out already surely, and then yeah, I think we need some sort of change sooner than later.
Speaker 6: Is it fair treaders to potentially ask, thank you Andrew, that the Dan Houston loss in the off season was a huge catalyst in the game plan Stone.
Speaker 1: I know you don't like talking about game plan, but.
Speaker 6: That that style of kickoff half back and execute really well off half back via kicking, and he was a huge part of that. His loss made them think about how they differently distribute the ball from half back from now and we've seen a much more handballly focused game from there, and we've seen a lot of turnover from that, and it's caused some issues. It's put them under pressure, it's made them make rushed, hard, trickier decisions that they maybe can't pull off.
Speaker 7: Is that to ask such a big component the first bit, you're not going to replace Dan Houston. No, but the club made a decision they wanted to get into the draft the kid they really like by I think, yeah, apart from missing a couple of shots, I think he's he's going to be a very good player. So I get it and I hear it. But you've got to make this decision with Tazzy coming in, where your list is at, you know, with transition, with coaching. Okay, do we need to get into this draft. They're talking about year go and we had to be in it, right. So I've only been inside the walls for twelve months to see how that works. But the club made the decision we need to do this, and Dan was wanting to go. Dan was out, He had a four year contract. You could have held.
Speaker 1: You would have had an unhappy player.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but whether that's the right decision or not, people will be judged on that, right, and you've got to back your footy program to make those decisions. Like as a board, you sit there and go, well, what do you think is the best thing for the club. We want to get into this draft. You've got this player who is a buddy gun player but wanted to go for life after footy stuff. So you've got to make this decision. And some will say no, it should have kept him. Should have and I hear that. Other piers say you've got to move forward and you don't keep it unhappy.
Speaker 1: I hear that.
Speaker 7: So the club made a call, right, which is never easy because you're not going to replace him. See he wasn't And this is the chat that Andrew just said. He didn't play in the prelim last year, but he's an Australian. He didn't play the finals, so you've just got to make a tough decision as to what you think is the best system. You're not going to replace him, but I think forward a center. Our setup is actually better with albeit Lakosius who's now injured. Yep, right, You've got Berry, You've got Richards who are two half forwards get up and down the ground compared to what we had last year the people was out injured.
Speaker 6: This is before you get to cinta. This is the half back line. This is how you distribute it out of the fence.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 7: But you've got Burton who's injured tonight. Burton can use it well, yep right, Lucky Jones, Yes, he's learning his way. He's been sort of bit up and down. You've got Farrell who can kick it really well, so you're probably thinking, then you've got some other kids. You go, I think we can cover the half back if our midfield we think is going to keep going better well, and midfield hasn't dominated probably like the competition would expect just yet. Now we've got touch up against Colling We've got to touch up in the last quarter tonight and dominated Richmond. So it's still an early pitcher. But I hear that. I hear it all, and it's not straight science. You're always going to have a lag off half back when you lose. I think the best half back in the game are up there with I just think it's quite sick and you've made it tough. Yeah it is, and I'm not denying that, but I think fundamentally your half facts aren't exposed if your midfield's dominating and we haven't got our midfield going. That's true and I think that's the bit we've got to get right as a club still, to get our midfield dominated. Because you think Butter's comes back in right. Rosie's a superstar All Australian player, but not know he's had two really two games in a quiet game you've had nothing from But as he hasn't played, Horn Francis Is probably hasn't been to the level expected last year. Willem drew Olli's probably playing that role Travis. We probably weren't ex club's probably not expecting and he's probably not expecting to play every week. You're playing the kids like it's a it's it's a it's a challenge. Let's get to Mount Barker High, Luke.
Speaker 13: I agree, it's what you're saying. Warren esident had a lot of injuries too, so true.
Speaker 14: I don't, I don't. I don't subscribe to that excuse.
Speaker 7: No, no, hang on, I want to say this right, Luke. I'm not making excuse. I talked about what the parameters are and I have constantly said tonight injuries aren't an excuse for a reality. And I'm judging it on the last quarter's performance endeavor. So I want that to be clear.
Speaker 14: So okay, well, Badge, you clean that up. But today I liked a few things. I like Marius. I liked that I watched Burgoyne done. I think you know he's developing well. I'm impressed with Minch, George yardists in his first half, and I was happy with radically here on his first game. I thought that was I thought that was bravery and he wasn't bad, he wasn't great. But I'm just just.
Speaker 6: Look, might have lost your leader, Luke. Sorry about that. You were getting through the things you were positive about. Just in regards to georgi ARD's Timmy, were you happy with the way he went about it, and Christian Marius I agree. I think he showed some good glimpses tonight too.
Speaker 2: Georgiadis was the only sort of thing up for that looked dangerous in saying that his too too in the first term. In the first term, that was it. So that either means that he wasn't presenting enough or they weren't hitting him or whatever it was happening.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen second quartery miss too.
Speaker 2: It must have been out in the full months. Yeah, but he missed him, Yes, you're right, he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't score.
Speaker 2: Score, so yeah, he he looked dangerous early, but that was about it. So again the whole it was a worry of the game. And you knew the bombers were you know, that'd been attacked all week in their home town, so they had to lift. And I thought that the standard was appalling from both sides as a spectacle. It was horrendous and the mistakes made were horrible, and in the end it was just one team wanted it more than the others and overran them in the last term.
Speaker 1: So happened after the game.
Speaker 6: Leaky roof, total roof frustration, do it right with right price roofing eight double two to three double O double A. You can have your say, Port fans, let's go to Port Adelaide itself.
Speaker 12: Toby, Yeah, yeah, guys, you can. Everyone's going to pull this game apart. But I kind of feel like if we were a Formula one race car right now and treaders, I think you've had to defend a lot, so I'd like you to maybe just to step back, and I'd like to let the passion of Timmy g sort of filter in here. I feel like, if we were a Formula one car, we've got two people trying to drive the one car. All of a sudden, we've got ten leaving. We're going to have a transition. We've had players left, and now we're doing a new game plan with the transitional period. And I feel like that's the first thing I get while they're trying to do it, because we haven't been able to make it work. However, it's so different. The players all look a little bit lost, and if you were to think about who's actually pulling the levers, there's a little bit of the old school players that are probably thinking, let's listen to what Kenniston. Then there's the younger guys going, I want to be impression of all to Josh car there's people in probably further up the club that we don't see on game day that are trying to work out where they are. So we're quite a fractured a vehicle right now, sort of hurtling down the road and derby days when we hit the corner right and we're going to succeed. But for the most part, I feel like we're right back in the battle right now. And as a port fan, we've lived through ache, but I kind of wish that we had not even made the great heights we have, you know, because we've missed our opportunity perhaps and you don't want to write off it might be round three, but let's be honest. I hate to see us coming up against the sides that are probably going to be at the pointy end, because they might put us to the sword and it could just get worse. And because someone really above the people that are making the decisions actually go and knock on the door and say, hey, enough enough, let's pull the rip cord now. If we're going to go through heartache, let's give it to someone else, and everyone's going to keep saying this every week. Make no bones about it. This is going to be rinsed for a peat Boys, whether we win or lose. That's how I feel. I'm sorry, that's sort of yeah.
Speaker 2: I need to apologize, Toby. I think you're brought on a couple of points. It's probably a big ask two ways.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Firstly, when the succession plan was announced my first comments where I think it's a it's a heavy candle to carry for so long, so that will get repeated, as you've just said.
Speaker 1: Tonight, Toby. And then to introduce.
Speaker 2: A vastly different game plan I think has been all we can see that it is. We're living through a work in progress, and living through a work in progress in season without your best twenty three. Well, we're seeing the results of that so far. So we'll keep We'll keep persisting. Let's see what happens with this, Timmy.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I can subscribe just quickly, as before we get to a cause to the to the notion that the players are confused as to who's running the FOOTBALLA when Kensy coach.
Speaker 1: Boys, let me say this charge any difference for last time.
Speaker 7: I get it. We're going to look at all this right. This is This hasn't happened overnight. This process now, it's as Mattie Richards had said on your show when it was announced, it's been a time, time in the making. I can't go to win and all that, but I'm just saying it's it's been and both have been on the across this board.
Speaker 6: The players have had time to adjust themselves to what this would be.
Speaker 7: It's been in the media for two years beforehand. It's just the club hadn't done it because you know what I mean, It was that there was a there was a process that was taking place.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: So what I want to say is, first and foremost Ken and I saw a report from Tom Morris and this probably hit it on the head, probably as close as anything. Ken is in charge, Josh's assistant. The only thing that's changed this year to last year, right from a management and coaching point of view, is the future planning and list management stuff Josh will sit in as opposed to what Ken would have done last year. That's the only difference. So kensas senior coach, Josh reports to him, and the game style wise, Tinkers fall two who's in charge, and how the coaching group is a group and Ken's the main men on that. I think that's that's the clear way of explaining it, to say this fighting and I get it's unusual. I get it's different, but it's it's hardly happened overnight.
Speaker 1: Let's keep your calls coming. Let's go to Mawson Lakes. Hi Franko, Hey, go.
Speaker 15: On, guys. If you call that football, I just I don't. I don't know what what is? You know, if theak it straight, the game's all over halftime. You know, been a member for a long time, but you know, to see what's been happening in the last you know, two or three weeks, it's just been it's been extraordinary. You know, you come out against Richmond last week, Yeah, great performance. But who are Richmond? You know, yeah they'd be Carlton, but who Carlton as well? You know you've got players like Horn, Francis and and Rosie who just absolutely spent out on their feet. Looked like we were like kids against men, you know, against the Essenmond side who got absolutely smashed off the park against Adelaide last week.
Speaker 6: Yep, thank you, frank co. That's that's the feeling of port fans at the moment. It has been a tough night to endure. Twelve points to the Bombers. If you're just joining us here on five double a football, Michael's at Blake for you, high Michael, gentlemen.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm going to follow one from my good mate Toby and just say it fractured that place at the moment, and you can see it. They're not they're not united. I don't. I don't subscribe to the theory that it's all harmonious because I completely agree. You've got new players that are going to go, well, he's the boss next year. I'm going to listen to him. All the old faithfuls that the Ken's looked after, his little favorites that have obviously got pictures or something that continue to get a game. We're not going to mention them by name, but they're obviously going to follow Ken.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 16: I don't think it works. That history shown it doesn't work. And this person has worked with his poor Ruse this it doesn't evolve. Poor Ruse is not going to work. We know where it's going to end up. Ripped the band aid off. Now that aside we've all touched on it. What I can't copy the effort in the last quarter. I mean, the game was horrific from minute one. The skills were shocking on both sides. We probably were lucky to be in every Essendon's poor kicking, but our season was no better either. But for the effort in the last quarter, he was just wasn't there. There was time and time again the ball entered our defensive fifty and there was just players taking on contested mark. It's the training drill on a Sunday. It's not good enough. I do want to say, though, I think Travis Poke's topping unfair wax and I'm seeing it on social media as well. He had the quart of the fortot to tell us how much he turned it over. I had a quick click through his stats because I didn't think I saw that he had a nine percent efficiency over eighteen touches at sixteen of them hit a target. So if he sees the problem and he probably needs to have another watch of the game while he is in the twilight of his career, he is not our biggest problem out there. I can tell you that for a fact. And if we think a guy having eighteen touches we pick then of getting the targeted our problem. We are probably more you know what than the early fell was.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michael. Just in regards to that final quarter.
Speaker 7: I don't I agree with every bit that Michael said on the last quarter effort. Absolutely, I'll forget about whether what you think it's fractured. I'm not getting into that chat. It's just the reality is agree Michael on that point. The game was there for us to lift and to grind it out and fight and be better. But essen was too good.
Speaker 1: For those listeners who might have missed it. What were those final quarter numbers as well?
Speaker 7: In the RS disposals, sen at one hundred and ten to port seventy two, it's contested ball thirty two to twenty, uncontested seventy forty five, inside fifty sixteen to eight four, goal four to one four. And then even on I'll just reboot this computer. Even on ground ball, ground ball was eighty two to sixty three.
Speaker 2: I mentioned that in the call, didn't I said, we're just not winning ground ball. Feel it and sense it, and let's stats back it up. Thanks to RAA, Let's go to open and get a George k boys, how are you on top of the world?
Speaker 17: Call again by you guys, Listen, you had a call on earlier say that he for the players have checked out. To me, I'll get a bit of a vibe this year watching a couple of the trial games, being able training and seeing the first three rounds, to me, it feels like they're going through the motion. And that's that's really concerning. I don't know what you guys think, but it just doesn't seem to be that rell grit that we've seen st of the last couple of years. And look, I don't dislike Ken, you know, hate the guy or anything like that, but I honestly believe that we need we need to prepare for the future. We ain't going to win a Grand Final this year. That says no way we're going to get anywhere near a Grand Final. So the sooner, I think, the sooner that Josh gets his feet under the desk and takes over this team in his own right, I think the better we will be moving forward.
Speaker 1: That's just my that's just my opinion, George.
Speaker 2: You know, want my concerns is, as I was mentioning, why you're in a a situation where you don't have your best twenty three available when you play, and Bombers are in the same situation. You just needed to find a way to win. I said it on the Sports show All Week. You just have to find a way to win, because if you can, you just scratch and bite and hopefully keep your name up in lights. Losing a game like tonight where it was winnable, albeit that both sides weren't putting on the best display I've ever seen, I just felt like the last quarter capitulation really concerns me. And what I worry about is the players that we've got that are definitely being targeted by interstate clubs. And it is if you have a horror season and you know, win ten games or something, and you know wherever that puts you on the ladder. The likes of Bergmann, Farrell and Butters that are being pursued by probably big clubs in Melbourne, that is a real worry for me long term. It's a concern.
Speaker 1: Let's get to north Haven High Dave.
Speaker 18: There you go on fellas he speaking about Houston happily wanted to leave Sydney. They didn't let him go to truck They wanted to leave. Melbourne didn't let him go. I lover wanted to leave if Melbourne didn't go. Look, we haven't got enough Mungles in our team. I'll tell you. If Frances doesn't fire, the team is useless without him. He's had a couple of bad games, but without him we're gone. You know this handball game, I've watched it and you've got how many coaches you've got there? I don't know. You can see that been turning the ball again the China handled someone will five players around him? I mean all the coach has got to go. If there's four or five players around, don't give it to him. How much handballs do you need in a space of five meters? But anyway, speaking our captain, did you watch his You know? Look, how can I say anything? He tackles the one hand, he doesn't put enough pressure. He looks who's come to the ball. He's never first at the ball? Meed he does? You know they had to kick a ball? Have Look how much kicks? Yet he wants to handle everything. It doesn't doesn't got any feet anything? And how much goals do you have to miss? In front of goals? He's supposed to be a sharpshooter's bery. He's four chances or something of twenty five to thirty meters. They can't even kick him. I mean, everything's gone bad this year. I just don't know, you know, it's just crazy. I get upset, I'll get I have a heart attack watching the game. But today it was so pathetic. You know, boy, why you handler handbling? Some have got six people around you. Why would you do that? When a coach come out, they don't do it. You know, it's just it's just so sad to see this. It's just like watching under threes or under fours.
Speaker 1: Anyway, That enough, Thanks Dave.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's again another passionate Port Adelaide fan who's just feeling the frustration tonight.
Speaker 2: It is ratio to treader's on the RAA stats kicks to hanbles just overalls the tain.
Speaker 7: Uh two twenty four eight okay two thirty one one sixty eight for Essendon, so not so not too.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous fifty last week it was one to one.
Speaker 6: This is five double a eight double two to three double O double a all thanks to right price roofing. We've got enough time for a couple more calls before we get to the Awards. Esmond winners by twelve points. Tonight over the Power. Let's go to Adam at Blackwood High, Adham.
Speaker 19: Yeah, evening guys. Firstly, I just want to say that as a spectacle, that was one of the worst games that I've ever seen, absolutely in Ica nol and was any worse or any better. I mean, it was horrible to watch, inexcusable when you consider that the roof closed and there was no wind and just unbelievable and three goals ten first half by the Bombers and then port started missing after about the sixteen minute mark of a second quarter and it just hurt them. Nothing to hot ride home about for either team, and it just I think indicates that both those two teams will really struggle. They keep displaying that sort of form throughout the year, and the drop of the players and no wonder they were missing kicking left or right, missing the sticks, the way they were dropping the ball onto the boot was just horrendous. And they need, honestly somebody to pull those players aside and work seriously for a good long period of this week coming on their goal kicking and Willie Rioli normally backing for a couple of goals in a game like that, and he did not kick a goal and he was one of the main culprits. He was missing, shankingham and all that sort of stuff. He had a very very dirty night. I know he's normally very very good, but you cannot win a game with one bloke putting him one good quarter.
Speaker 15: Up in the forward line like Mitch Georgia.
Speaker 19: Artist unsighted after quarter time, unsided. So that's when you need the other guys to step up. Port have got serious issues in their forward line. Thanks guys, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Adam. Let's hit the pasaday and get a Paul good eighthllow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll give you a slightly different line. I don't think. I think the problem with the club and the reason where we're a flag for what twenty one years the people in charge. Now you're on the board there, Wine, I think your platform was to get elected. You're going to make changes.
Speaker 7: So who who are you talking about? Who's in charge? Were you talking Ken or you're talking Matt?
Speaker 9: Now I'm talking to people. Well, the people that appoint the coaches committee, they're the people in charge. You know, anyone can apply for a job, you get the job, and it's up to the committee or whatever the board to say, Okay, look we've here for X amount of years. You know, nothing's happened to here. Later Russell Lee but got the sack after five years and he made a Grand Final. The people in charge, right, they're the ones to blame. Forget the players. You know the players, they come in, they do what they're told and you know that. So what I'm saying is the people in charge, you know, they've got to make changes, either they go or whatever, But they're the ones to blame for the dire straits we're in. You can't lose the first game of the year, but not onety one points. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think anyone's disagreeing with the performances so far. Apart from last week, which was Richmond who's clearly rebuilding. It was a dominant performance. But yeah, I hear your point. There's obviously a process and what's going on. They'll be changed at the end of the year. But as I said before the reality is that those wheels are have been in motion for a period of time and the club made a decision.
Speaker 1: Whether you like it or not, there'll be a transition into the year