Speaker 1: We got get you the money every day, every lazy Adelaide day.
Speaker 2: I've said it once. I feel like I've said it one hundred times. I'll say it once more. Fridays are done right, Joe's when you get a nice little injection of Ryan Fitzy Fitzgerald.
Speaker 3: Can I bring up this week?
Speaker 4: How special it was alboy let us play backyard cricket at his his house at Kiribilly House during the weekend. How you know how weird it is being from portla Lunga and a southern boy from forty k south of Adelaide to then rock up the Currabilly House and have a look at security and snipers just with you, to have these red laser beams on your head, knowing what your background's like walking into Kurrabilly House, it's a very surreal moment just to be like rolling the arm over to the Prime Minister. Chris Min's the new South Wales Premier was there as well and it was a great.
Speaker 3: Day, a brilliant day.
Speaker 5: Is Kurribilly House a sort of oh can we crush at your place?
Speaker 1: Kind of vibe as well? What's it like in front? Did you go inside?
Speaker 4: No, it's actually been underwhelming, like it's yeah, it's a really old house, Joe's. They only have one toilet down on the bottom level that everyone has to use to get changed into their cricket whites, so that there was a big line up to get into that toilet. These stairs that go upstairs are all riped off.
Speaker 3: Do you know the funny thing about this.
Speaker 4: We've been doing this for a few years now and Elbow a couple of years ago. At the end of the day, it's a great day. We finish about midday. We have a big barbie and stuff and have something to eat. But as everyone's packing up, he grabs one of our technicians from Nova, Robbie Zamora Legend, and goes, hey, Robbie, I've got a new television upstairs.
Speaker 3: Can you come and wire it up for me?
Speaker 4: So it was like he bought a television off the back of a truck hot and he got one of our texts to set up.
Speaker 3: He's Telly in his.
Speaker 2: Bedroom talking and gard I did hear a via Jason Lauren as well that Clint stand Away was there and did a very very good job. And then he told the story about how when he went to one of the toilets there. There was air freshener in there, and was the good old fashioned orange power remember the orange yes.
Speaker 4: Which is also remember that you can also get the orange goo remover.
Speaker 3: It's really really good. It's good stuff.
Speaker 4: So I hope no one annihilated the Prime Minister's toilet. We were looking for the seller. There's an amazing wine cellar apparently, but we couldn't find it.
Speaker 1: That's disappointing.
Speaker 5: What's it like just standing around having a beer with elbow post cricket?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you do? What do you put your hands? He Curtsey? Do you give me a kiss on the forehead? What do you do?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: See our bows?
Speaker 4: Easy to have a conversation with, you know. The first Prime minute, I came up with this idea to play backyard cricket and raise money for charity. And we do it for Lifeline and tea and mental health and stuff and it's a great day. But we asked Julia Gillard this is how far back we win? She knocked us back. Kevin Rudd knocked us back, Tony Abbott knocked us back. The first Prime Minister to let us do it was actually Scott Morrison SMO was the one who said, yeah, come over, and it started with Scomo and we've been doing it every year since. So it's a great day and we want to continue it. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: The Prime minister ship in Australia is sometimes a bit of a popularity contest and look Scomo is one of the more popular prime ministers. You're a bit of an interesting spot there, fits can we do this? Goes bloody oath, you kid.
Speaker 4: I think it's his His legacy will be the backyard cricket game and trying to play the ukulele on sixty minutes so.
Speaker 1: Much springs to mine every single time.
Speaker 3: Bruce there.
Speaker 4: Do you know it must have been one of those moments where he said to his missus, I'm going to go for it.
Speaker 3: Just you've just got to back me up here. I'm going to go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And she didn't back him up.
Speaker 1: She was like one of.
Speaker 5: She was like one of the partners of those Australian Idol contestants who went, yes, you've got a great voice, star, you should definitely do that.
Speaker 2: They're just saying those hurtle things because they're jealous.
Speaker 1: Yep, yes exactly, We're well done.
Speaker 5: On the match this week. That was absolutely huge for you guys. Front page of the Tires are here and also front.
Speaker 1: Page of the Daily Telegraph in Sydney. It was huge.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, can I just say I showed Richard Wilkins the front page of the Advertiser and there was a headline underneath Richard Wilkins that said fat cats, fat cats, which he wasn't too happy with. So poor Dicky has put on a couple of cages and they obviously pointed it out.
Speaker 5: Oh bless him, and I did hear him on your show say that normally when he's on the front page of the papers because something's gone wrong.
Speaker 4: So well done, or it's another relationship with a high profile woman.
Speaker 2: So you appreciate you. Thanks for your time. We'll do it all again next week.
Speaker 3: See you're spawning.
Speaker 8: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain how all content, graphic language and nudity, not that you'll see it if it easily offended, Well you're about to find out just how easily your father. He's on your money, Jody and has sex for nothing.
Speaker 2: We found a space where Jody already absolutely shines because it feels like you can be yourself. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know what you're trying to say. But if this is anyone's wheelhouse, it's yours.
Speaker 1: My friend.
Speaker 2: It's probably what seventy thirty you reckon?
Speaker 1: Yes, you're what.
Speaker 2: It's a load management, thank you. It's a space for us to be just a little bit riskald but blue before we move on straight up after seven o'clock, I've got one for you. A sex expert or aka a sexpert, has gone viral on TikToker for TikToker got old, you're not for the top five things that you should never ever ever say in the bedroom because real mood breakers out of major Yeah, so he heads up for those up and comers who are really trying to find their life partner, you're not going to luck them down with this first and number five and that is is this your first time?
Speaker 1: That's so offensive.
Speaker 2: It's really offensive. I don't think there's any way that you can take that as a compliment. Is this your first time? Why am I that awkward? And that's starfishy?
Speaker 5: Do I definitely not know what I'm doing and what I'm touching and what I'm tasting you.
Speaker 2: Know, okay, number four I like this one as well. I think I've been in this situation that's been said to me. Is this the amount of sweat normal? Have you talked to a doctor?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sweaty mgee, sufessive sweaters lou yuck. Even those dudes in the gym, and they don't bring it tow what how is anyone ever having sex with them? Ever?
Speaker 2: You're having sex with these dudes in the gym?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: This is not something you say? It's more so just to look. And that is the look of disgust. Oh, so it could be one single, quick little look that can make people go well clearly and set you in a zone. We're like, well, I've lost all conference.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know this is quite linking.
Speaker 2: To the sweat thing too. Probably this is quite visual.
Speaker 5: But if what's the look of disgust in the bedroom for you? If you had to give it an right ready on three to one, two one go.
Speaker 2: That situation, let's go. It makes me turn the lights off while she keeps looks to discussed that I can't see number two And this is a big funt as well. Are you almost done? But what it is saying is that you are having such little pleasure that you wanted to end sooner rather than when I you said, are you almost done? Because I hope you keep on going forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one has ever said that.
Speaker 1: No, but we're busy women. We've got things to do anyway.
Speaker 2: And the final one, it's really nasty as well. If you're physically against this sort of stuff touching your skin, why are you breathing so hard.
Speaker 1: Because I'm excited because.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying myself. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: It's tricky territory, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is tricky territory. And I really feel like the majority, the majority of these things that have been said are being said from probably women to men. Yeah, I just yeah.
Speaker 5: Have you ever been on the receiving end of something where you thought, oh, why I ain't doing this right?
Speaker 1: Something wrong here?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's number three. Oh, it's probably the look of discussion, yes, and you feel like and then once you get in that sort of zone, then maybe you're trying too hard makes it much worse.
Speaker 5: I've got some advice for everyone if they're feeling a bit nervous in this area. Right, all you have to do marry to Greggs then you can never go wrong.
Speaker 2: You scream out Green Go, I'm so sorry, Go Goes, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And you're like nothing.
Speaker 2: Joe's tomorrow history in the making. That's what's going to happen. Very very confident that South Australia will beat Victoria in the One Day Cup Final and then to thirteen years drought if you don't mind. Yes, in terms of this space, it's been even longer, nearly thirty years since a boy's held up a shield title one of the absolute favorites, and the heart and soul, the glue of the side joins us right now, very very like it's Jake Laming. Oh Jake, Oh Jake, Thanks guys, thanks for having me. Is that fair heart and soul glue of the side.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say that as much, but I probably have been around the longest.
Speaker 1: Now, are you the oldest insight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think I think as has me, but obviously he's away representing Australia most of the time now, so yeah, fortunately that is me.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: You Does that mean you're the most mature? Probably not.
Speaker 6: Probably a little skipper Nathan McSween is beyond his years immaturity, So I'll probably give.
Speaker 3: It to him.
Speaker 2: He's pretty perfect, isn't he. He's perfect as he seems you're looking a him. He's a good looking roost, he's got the perfect teeth. He's just pretty outstanding. Yeah, he's just one.
Speaker 6: Of those characters, as I just said him before. But Alex Carrey, you know, people say he's a nice man, he's good looking, he's got everything, And I genuinely think Nathan McSween is one of those other yeah right, characters that are on the path of that type of person.
Speaker 2: Any weaknesses, Like can you tell us something about even Kerry mc splain what he tells he's got tinier or something like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I got I got one for each so Kez. I don't know if you're watched any social media in the last little bit, but he is very tight with his money. Really get him to buy the beers first if you go out with yeah.
Speaker 5: Well that's interesting for the bloke that probably earns the most of the whole tame correct.
Speaker 6: Correct, And then McSweeney he does have odd looking toes, really don't have it all.
Speaker 5: Well, you just mentioned there that you're one of the oldest in the team. How do you think that makes me feel because back in the day I used to babysit you, Jake, babysit you, you and your sister when you were knee hider Grasshoppers in England. I did set one hundred percent, sat and watched you as Toildren.
Speaker 6: I can't I can't believe it when you know, when people are talking about it and you know where you're around for this, did you see this? There's all these different things and I'm like, yeah, I was actually at that game. Yeah, oh yep, I've done that, or I've done this, or I've seen that, and yeah, it's just so many it just feels like it wasn't that long ago, but obviously it is.
Speaker 1: Well it really does.
Speaker 5: And the last time that South Australia Want to Shield your dad played.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, and once again I was there. I was only two or three, but I remember a grand part of the time. He had me up on his up on his shoulders and we were at the game and running out on the ground and all those experiences. So you know, I've seen it and hopefully we can recreate that again.
Speaker 2: Mate, can't wait. And seriously, twenty seven degrees it's a good spot as well. There's nothing else going on. Get down and get behind South Australian cricket team because hopefully it's history in the maker.
Speaker 5: I love you, mate, where you've been the last thirteen years when we've had no success.
Speaker 1: Now you're all over them like a rash.
Speaker 2: She just popped up out of a crack, goes south straight. Jake, thanks so much for coming and mate, and good luck. No thanks, It's time for some accountability Friday.
Speaker 8: Somebody royally forked up the top four things that forked.
Speaker 2: Up this week. Okay, so this is the part where we have to be a little bit cannibal. Maybe we learn in this space, and I'm looking forward to the day that producer says, Hey, guess what, we can't do this segment anymore because you guys were flawless.
Speaker 5: That is the big glittery unicorn in the sky that is never going to happen.
Speaker 2: Feels like that too, it does. Sometimes you can do a daily for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, but you Molly, what you've got for us this week?
Speaker 9: Okay, we're starting with number four. This is maybe my favorite of the week. There's a lot of things we love about you, Hazy. Obviously, one of those things is not your knowledge of popular health.
Speaker 2: Foods or Burnside with all their fancy foods.
Speaker 5: It's not Burnside bash just because they've got an elite shopping set.
Speaker 2: Passed me another Asahi bowl? Can I ask you a question? Producing can ask this to you as well. Have you, guys ever eaten an Asahi bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't love them.
Speaker 2: I've never. I've never consumed one.
Speaker 9: Is it a sai or a Sahi?
Speaker 2: I've consumed a bowl of a star?
Speaker 5: He don't all there's not too many bowls of a Sarhi?
Speaker 2: Getting around birds?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 9: Number three Jodie, Yes, oh no, oh, what do I do? You're an impressive operator. How long have you been in radio?
Speaker 1: It's three hundred years? Yeah, it feels like that. You do have a few issues.
Speaker 9: One is reading our most important piece of paper, the run sheet.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking not right now, I'm thinking in the next five or six minutes. Okay, all right, Well, you're you're so keen to this. I know you're so very keen to this.
Speaker 5: But what I have come to understand is that you're out of this ship. So we do whatever you say.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm most catching Okay, oh, I'm reading the run sheet. I think you should the sun. I just guess the stage those where you can't pretend that that was supposed to happen anymore. No, I just feel the curtain back.
Speaker 1: I get it all right. Number two.
Speaker 9: We love our listeners obviously, but the first time one is making an entry, this is a big four cup.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Shannon, good morning. I have two children, burn on the birth and we're doing a.
Speaker 7: Rock paper scissizen here right now?
Speaker 2: Can we let's hunt let's try.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 2: Let's let's time to go, come on home and come on down?
Speaker 1: Was hunt to ball on the first, oh February.
Speaker 7: No, this is going to kick out some who was play.
Speaker 2: My very goodness, big pokup.
Speaker 5: We had to all check the teas and seas after that because you can't have two people playing but the thousand dollars, right, it's not fair like an double chance.
Speaker 1: And weren't we all flat after that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens, but we learned something was that I don't know, but it was just a solid message. There was a solid message in that, all right.
Speaker 1: Finally, as I've said, we love taking your calls.
Speaker 9: On thirteen twenty four ten, another listener making the list this week. Uh oh, Vanessa from Elizabeth, if you're listening, you've taken it out with this.
Speaker 5: Hey, what happened when your kids got their hand on the phone.
Speaker 7: My grandson was four or five years old. His name is Nate. Yeah, he is about eight now.
Speaker 10: But then he got my phone.
Speaker 7: It took her photo of his you know what, and then it so most of my friends on snapchat.
Speaker 3: Oh well.
Speaker 2: He did that's as as he gets. Yeah, he did that. He did that.
Speaker 5: He definitely did that. Yes, Hey, look here's my Willie.
Speaker 1: Hey, your mum's friends. He's my little dude.
Speaker 2: All start early, don't they? Kids these days? I just don't know what's happening behind the scenes. Thank you very much, Producing Molly appreciate that. A lot to work on, as we say each and every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have you all start with reading. Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: When you change workplaces, jode's a new environment, new mechanics, new situations, you can find yourself and it can be a little bit trigger, It can be a little bit stressful.
Speaker 5: I think for everyone, you just want to fast forward at least three months down the track so you know what you're doing. You feel confident, You feel confident, and you begin to get to know your work.
Speaker 2: Mates, yes, workmates and also muscle memory. You don't have to think about your surroundings too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess all of us at this point, wish producer Molly could have fast forwarded three months. It's been an eventful a couple of weeks since you joined us. First, there was the Great Prime Minister debacle where he called in.
Speaker 1: He called in and.
Speaker 5: Said, Alo, it's Anthony Alberannizi here, and you thought it was some sort of fringe performer impersonating the Prime Minister. And then you were like, yeah, cool mate, I'm just going to pop you on hold.
Speaker 2: You had a valid excuse. Yeah, he literally just caught up on his font. Yeah, So using this situation like that that build the curtain back, like you there's a switch line and it's all very formal in terms of when you speak the high profile people. He just called off his mob.
Speaker 9: Also, I was going to osher what's his name, Gonsberg, Yeah, through a PR person before, Like I've had to wait to speak to him.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking, yeah, Albo's not ringing directs on his So do you have his mobile number now? I may have his mobile number. That's actually pretty cool, isn't it isn't that cool?
Speaker 5: So there was that, and you know, yesterday got very emotional, so you opened up about your inner metriosis battle.
Speaker 1: It's been such a rollercoaster.
Speaker 5: But I think maybe the low point, which we all thought would be elbow, was.
Speaker 1: When you.
Speaker 5: And to get around the Nova building. You have to have a swipe card, right, otherwise you get confined into certain spaces.
Speaker 1: You and it's all on camera. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 5: Locked yourself into the reception area, and then tell everyone what you tried to do. You went behind reception to try to make a phone call.
Speaker 1: What they helped.
Speaker 9: I couldn't think of any other way to get anyone's attention because I had no swipe card, no phone. And if you've ever been to aradio station before, everything is soundproof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so no one can hear you banging. Yeah I was calling help.
Speaker 2: Hello. I'll tell you what. If you want to trap someone and you don't want them to be found, particularly on the weekend, take them lock them inside a radio station. Yeah, that is some soundproof stuff. If you see the video, and please have a look at it at Jodi and Hazy on Instagram. It almost feels like you're in jail, like you cruiser. I think at one stage you're like rattling the doors, and then you started doing push ups, started doing chin ups as well.
Speaker 1: And then did you try and call the competition lined? Yeah, that's what I was trying to do.
Speaker 9: I thought if I called that in twenty four to ten, someone will hear me.
Speaker 1: And I found the phone.
Speaker 9: I couldn't crack the passwords, so I just thought, oh, what would it be? And over nine one night?
Speaker 1: So I just did nine one nine one.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, hang on a second. You didn't know the number.
Speaker 9: No, I didn't know how to get into her mote, all right.
Speaker 1: Phone, So Gina's fine. She couldn't crack it.
Speaker 2: How dear Gena's phone not being over not my mind? A passwords?
Speaker 1: No, it's a work phone.
Speaker 9: It's a reception phone, but it's not a normal will die lup?
Speaker 2: She just tried one two three.
Speaker 5: I just love that Josh would have had the phone going hello, nover you calling for red room tickets, calling for entry to the room.
Speaker 2: Here, I'm trying to run, trying to run show with it, thirteen three four ten what did you get locked out of I remember the first time that to my wife when it reseas she would when be for the longest time, and maybe not so much now. It's probably every second or third year. She's Scottish and she would make a point of going back to Scotland with her mum to see her grandparents each and every year. So the first time that she left and she talked to Henry when he was about maybe one years old, I was at home by myself for the first time in a long time, and wouldn't you believe it, like within seconds, completely locked out, completely locked out, And it got to the stage where it was dusk, and I was like, I don't want to I don't want to smash your window, but it's heading towards that situation, and i'd have made there. Who were a three year old and we put him through the doggy door. He did and said, mate, just you know, just trying to direct him. Three years old, tough age, tough, they get something in their head. You can't crack them right. So he got in there and as soon as you got in there, it started getting dark instead of darker inside, and he started freaking out, like properly freaking out, like just open the door, just don't open the door. Instead, he was almost batting on a rampage inside the house, so I had to go, I've got to do it now and smash the window and get in there.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's.
Speaker 2: Tough as well. When you smash your own window, you start calculating as well how much it's going to cost.
Speaker 1: And you're a bit of a nice as well.
Speaker 2: You're an idiot because it's completely your fault. And the keys in the corner there in the kitchen being like, hello, you're looking for me.
Speaker 5: Very frustrating Joe, very cute stories about being locked out of places. Hold my beer, please, you go one beauty, and it involved me in my g string, unable to get back in somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh my very goodness, I'm sticking around for that.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, creep, where did you lock yourself out of?
Speaker 1: Ashley? Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 7: I got locked out in Bali. We were with three mates and we only had two keys. One went home quite early in the night and me and the other stayed out at that really huge bar and she went to the toilet and lost me and she had the key and I had all the cash. So after like an hour of thirteen and I went back to the villa. My friend's room was on the other side of the building, so I was trying to get over the fence because she couldn't hear me knocking, and the security guard decided to help me and he threw me over and it was stone and I ended up with scratches all over my body. But eventually my friend on the second story woke up and let me Actually, I'm.
Speaker 5: Going to suggest something here, shoot me down if you will. Were there a few margaritas involved?
Speaker 3: There was lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just think my friend's a bit of a blonde, but she's not blonde. Because I don't know how she lost me. I sat in the same spot for like an hour waiting for her and then and she had no cash, so I don't know how she ended up getting back to the acromination.
Speaker 1: She to say that mystery will remain in Bali forever.
Speaker 2: That's it, it will live and die and Bali, oh, bless you. Let's go to nor London Downs. Let's go to Shane. What don't you Shane?
Speaker 1: Gooday guy?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Where'd you get locked out of?
Speaker 9: Shane's not a barley? Incident.
Speaker 2: But on the way to Bali in the airport, I locked your keys in the car.
Speaker 1: It was late for my flight, left all my luggage in the car.
Speaker 9: And left that's the Barley without bags and had everything over there.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Shane, you red hot mess. Do you know what?
Speaker 3: Barley is?
Speaker 2: A good spot though, where you actually can turn. I've been a couple of food trips where some of my fellow teammates have just turned up with a plastic bag because they rely on getting there and buying stuff because.
Speaker 1: Shame hang on.
Speaker 5: So you you you got on the plane for Bali knowing that your keys were locked in your car or your luggage was in the car.
Speaker 1: What happened upon your return?
Speaker 7: It's about three hours to get someone out there to get the keys out of the car.
Speaker 5: On a.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I feel like Shane probably wouldn't have been in a great mood to have to organize something in that post Barley trip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I understand, Thank you, Shane, Just having a little chat about producing. Molly locked herself into the reception area here and over in her second week, didn't have a swipe card, frantically tried to bust into the phone system and guessing the password.
Speaker 1: What a hot mess you were. Anyway, the video is incriminating.
Speaker 9: It's on our Instagram at Jodie and Hazy.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it did remind me of a time that I was on a work trip and I was in a hotel room by myself and I heard a commotion out in the hallway at around two am. So I proceeded to jump out of bed wearing nothing but my underwear.
Speaker 2: A meal Molly now that you just confirmation actually could be Molly as well.
Speaker 5: Anyway, so as I take a step into the hallway, I didn't mean to do it, but I heard the click of the door behind me, and obviously I didn't take my swipe cart or anything, so I was just checking what the commotion was. And so there I am stranded in a d string in the hallway with nothing like just covering my boobs like that, and I went into full scale panic mode. And at that time, someone came up in the lift, so I had to poke my rather and I was.
Speaker 1: Just like, can you please help me, help.
Speaker 5: Make someone saw it, someone saw me, and also in my head, I'm thinking there's a camera footage of this, and anyway, so they went downstairs to reception and kindly got someone to come up with a spare swipey and let me back into my room.
Speaker 1: There you go, good things.
Speaker 2: There's a key message in that, isn't there. You should never enter a place where you could get locked into wearing just not much at all, even if just a G string.
Speaker 1: Well, cheers tips.
Speaker 2: We live and we learn, though, don't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah we do.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten Charmaine in the morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, what happened to you? Where'd you get trapped?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 10: I got locked inside somewhere. Now this story is slightly I racied so and one with little kids in the car, but I'll stay in a nice way, Okay.
Speaker 7: So I.
Speaker 10: I grew up in a small country town and one Saturday night we were all at the footy club rooms, and towards the end of the night, my boyfriend and I took ourselves off to the bathroom and we were doing a little bit of hanky panky again, you.
Speaker 5: Know, just deeling down on what happened in the third quarter, that sort of vibe.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And then when we came out, all the lights were off and we had been locked inside the cloud room. So we tried to get out, and then we set the alarm off, which was insanely loud and honestly would have woken up being tired town. So I started freaking out, thinking the police were going to come and arrest us for trying to break in. So then I had to call my uncle, who I knew how to key to the cub room, to come and rescue us and turn the alarm off. But the entire town obviously found out what had happened and who it was, and it was very embarrassing, and my parents were also very embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did everyone find out exactly why you got locked in the first place?
Speaker 10: Everyone just knew. So that's what we would have been.
Speaker 2: We were young. We were young.
Speaker 5: Was the situation at the time? Was he just wearing like a footag jumper?
Speaker 10: So when my uncle came, we were all ready to go.
Speaker 1: We did my uncle Mick.
Speaker 2: Once again. Joe lesson than that, I'm not sure what it is. Yeah, what an interesting space this is. It's a chance for you to choose the music and things get a little bit of competitive behind the scene.
Speaker 5: It's not going well for me this year. Normally I dominate this competition. I've been the reigning queen for two years running. However, since we've changed the format to a random generator that comes up with five or six songs that we have to like, buzz in when we hear the one we like, it hasn't.
Speaker 1: Been going well.
Speaker 2: It was two thousand and three, as year I graduated high school, you met with this one. It's a good turn, guys, what can I say? It's a good turn. I it's in an extremely different direction, really solid U turn?
Speaker 3: What do you hear?
Speaker 2: Good luck? I'm my mother. I scared myself there for a second.
Speaker 1: Graduated high school? You say, yeah, in two thousand and three? Okay, what sort of results did we go with?
Speaker 2: I graduated high school in two thousand and three? Looks like it bogged down the details? Don't you dare ask what my tr was? What's a yeah?
Speaker 1: It's like your HSC result. It wasn't good. I already know the answer.
Speaker 2: Do you Who told you? I haven't told anyone taking that to the grade.
Speaker 5: Anyway, We digress, all right, Camera guy, Josh, producers, Josh whatever you're calling yourself these days because you're hybrid operator.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: How did we go?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Can I have a little drumroll please, of course you can great devastatingly it's Andrew Hayes. He's on an.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: I didn't see this coming. I thought you were going to win this one.
Speaker 10: You really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess that takes us to a four to one for Battle of the Bangers. Ladies and gentlemen, you win. This one for this week is fifty cent the beautiful, gorgeous, wholesome song. It's called p Imp Enjoy.
Speaker 4: I need to know.
Speaker 3: I need to know now.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 3: I need to know. I need to know what to news today.
Speaker 2: To know this she is what you need to know.
Speaker 9: You know what you need to know with Jody and Asy what about this?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: What about when you drop your car to the mechanic? You think in safe hands?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And what I'm saying I often think when I drop it off the mechanic? Do I count the coins?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Do I check the glove box if there's a couple of loose notes? Maybe you count the coins just as a bit of a trust test. But surely they wouldn't be silly enough to steal.
Speaker 1: Also, could you be a bigger title? But they're coins? Who cares?
Speaker 2: It's seventy cents jokes, Okay, it's seventy cents.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay.
Speaker 5: So a woman was left with a very nasty surprise after taking her car to the mechanic. She was told on the Friday that there was a part needed and it wasn't going to be coming in for quite some days. So she left the car there over the weekend, looking to collect it on the following Monday. So when she went to get her beloved forward focused back, she checked the dash cam footage.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. Yeah, that seems off. It does sing a little random, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: AnyWho, she explained, he took it home, He left it parked in his driveway overnight, which is something that I don't even do. He took it through a McDonald's drive through with his kid in the car, and he also went.
Speaker 1: To seven eleven. Isn't that as well? As if the dash cam.
Speaker 5: Caught the car doing seventy one in a sixty zone, even hitting ninety three k's in a backstreet.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's extremely illegal. Is dangerous?
Speaker 1: Yes? So true? Thank you mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an interesting one, isn't it. Because you definitely shouldn't do it. There's no excuses for it. But what I'm focusing on. And in this story as well, they talk about how they see some reallyical cars. Yeah, the Ford focus was the one over line saying, you know, I'm taking that for the weekend.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like like an M three BMW or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I have to take this Lamborghini a for spin. That was Ford Focus.
Speaker 1: But what about this though?
Speaker 5: The current affair hit up ross White, who was the mechanic, and just said, hey, mate, what are you doing? And the news reporters show the mechanic the dashcam footage of him speeding, and he said, well, that's going by an uncalibrated GPS, so that's incorrect.
Speaker 1: And then he added that the.
Speaker 5: Drive through to McDonald's was okay because he was on his way to work.
Speaker 2: Even the reporter was on the way. Reporter was like, mate, it's not your car to drive still, it doesn't matter where you're driving to because you're not supposed to be driving it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Do you ever wonder what you do if you got hit up by it like a c A, Oh my god, when you panick?
Speaker 2: What did you sprint? Do you stop and ask? Do you stop and answer questions like what do you do.
Speaker 1: You say nothing. That's that's what I would advise people to do near zip it. Don't say anything because you're just going to incriminate yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a real tricky spaces betting what you've done though, one hundred percent. So a quick one for me. I got my Calais fixed. It had a really bad piece of its engine that was broken.
Speaker 5: Had you get it fixed it's a technical term, and a really bad piece of its engine that was broken.
Speaker 2: It was a cable chain or something, which is really important in car terms. So I don't want to go to the details because I don't really know. Anyway, I got it fixed at this particular mechanic in my house, and it cost around about fifteen hundred dollars cash. I paid cash, I think traditionally cross about twenty five hundred dollars. Anyway, when I got the receipt, I hand the receipt over to the next owner.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, two months into it, the car started playing up again like they hadn't been repairs, but he'd lost the receipt. So then when he went to the mechanic and said, hey, look I got this car and I don't have the receipt, but you repaired it. Blow up. The guy went, never seen you before in my life. And I went to the mechanic as well, went mate, it was on this date. Da da da da da. There's no bank transaction because it was cash, and he went, mate, I do heaps of these jobs. I've never seen him before in my life. I have never in my life been close to hitting someone really, and there's nothing I could do. There's nothing he could do. Part of me was like, mate, you lost a receipt, you idiot. Yeah, And the second part was like you your dodgy mate. You would sit there and be like, oh, don't die.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't have a receipt one. I don't know. I've never seen him before my life.
Speaker 1: I play tables.
Speaker 4: Get here.
Speaker 1: It's almost on you for going to a cash mechanic.
Speaker 2: I thought that I was doing everyone a favor.