Speaker 1: I get a Champce. It's it's Jumbo and it's Cookie. It's the Bloody You Project. It's us, It's you again for the million time. It's thirtieth of January. As we record this, it's two oh three in the RBO. I don't know why I do that. I do. Do you know why I do that? Tip? It's the U project, like station ID time Check. Yeah, I can tell everybody that's currently it's twenty one degrees in our city by the bay here in Hampton over there in Port Melbourne. Where is that where you live? Do you? Thank God? I don't know.
Speaker 2: You'll not know.
Speaker 1: I don't know Ellwood, Elwood? What's a temp in Elwood? Right now?
Speaker 2: I've got no idea I've got. I haven't worked for se N for a million years like you, so I don't. I don't slip into time check mode.
Speaker 1: You know, that's what we need. Station ID time check, weather check and coming up after the break, coming up up on the other side of this, we've got the news and Tip Cook's coming into studio to talk to us about, you know, all things buddy health and wellness more on Melbourne's homosport next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've just been doing a version of this, which irritates. I mean, when I record a bunch of my intros to my show, I kind of do all editing and then I have intro recording moment and they all said and I'm like, it irritates me because I do the same thing. We were around. It's the same. I'm like, oh, spew.
Speaker 1: Isn't it Isn't it funny? How like with this right where there's no well for me or you, there's no pressure for maybe somebody else doing something like this, there might be pressure or perceive pressure. But when you've got to do, like, give me something where I've got to talk for now, no problem. Give me something where I've got to talk for thirty seconds, I fuck it up thirteen times in a row. Yes, you know where you go. You know, let's say I've got to I've got to do an intro for a pre recorded whatever, and I'll go all right, here we go, all right, all right? Oh fuck? And then you know it's like that, you know, like I was going to do I was going to do a podcast the other day on a particular topic. I know the topic. Well, I fucked it up literally about I don't know seven times, and then I crack the shit. So I threw the glow mesh in the shag pile, I threw the dumpy butt and window threw all the toys out of the fucking cot and I went, fuck that title, I'm not doing it. You can all get rooted and the world clearly doesn't need to hear that shit. Fuck it, And then I sulled.
Speaker 2: You know what, funny though, I love I actually selfishly love hearing this because the times when we've done like a double episode and you have to record an intro and you do it in front of me when I'm on the screen, you can just go bup and pop it out and it's brilliant, and I'm like, how does he do that? So I love that when because I do the same thing. When someone's not on the screen with me, I can't do it, whereas if there are people on the zoom screen bang on about anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know. It's it's funny how we get in our own way. It's that it's that I did I did an episode speaking of such things, I did an episode just before and I know this is not where we're going today, but fuck it, who knows where we'll go. We always talk. We just had a three minute chat everyone about what we're going to talk about, and then we continue. Then we proceed to talk about none of that. But I did. I did because I think this is relevant. But I did a chat about you know, the difference between what we think and what is real, like the the the perception versus the data. You know, it's like I feel or I think not like I'm not good enough, but there's actually data and evidence to say, well, you are good enough. You know, you're not the fucking best, but you're good enough. Or I'm on lovable or whatever. Well, yeah, I get it, you feel that, but people love you, so you're not unlovable or do you know what I mean? But despite the evidence, we can still believe stuff that isn't true, so much so that we've even got real world outcomes and data and evidence to say that, no, you're not fucking useless. Yet in the middle of that knowledge, we can still feel or even think or believe we're useless. And it's like I'm sixty as fuck and it doesn't go away, like it doesn't it just like the volume goes down and I've done some great shit, like as in, I've done really cool things in my life that I never thought I would do, but the feeling of supreme confidence just is never there.
Speaker 2: I feel like you were following my friend and I this morning when we walked because I said this to who I had the exact conversation where I said, you know, and I've been thinking about it a lot and realizing it all week in a really intense way, and I just said, I just don't understand why in the middle of not failing things right now, I feel like a failure. And I know that that I don't understand what's going on with this and what creates the intensity around it. At times, it's like a puzzle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you objectively, when I can look at what you're doing objectively in terms of your career and your development, you're learning whatever and go well, you are definitely at the very least improving and growing and evolving at the least. Right, But in the middle of that objective reality, your subjective experiences, I'm dog shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I feel like I feel like I know there's growth in one direction, but I feel like there's a decline twice as big in the other direction, and it's such a funny experience.
Speaker 1: Well as Eckhart tool and many other spiritual teachers would. And you know, missus, I've got a rock in my bra because I've been to Nepal and I had enlightenment.
Speaker 2: I haven't been to Nepal.
Speaker 1: Sorry India, Sorry India. But is finding that like being aware of that without becoming that I'm aware of it, I'm not. And I realize like I can think things that are lies, like all that are not true. I can even believe it's true while at being completely untrue. You know I'm not good good enough to I actually said, and I'm probably sorry for repeating this everyone, but you haven't heard it. Tiff. I remember like one of the events, and we're going to do another event. We're going to do a big U Project event at the Communi this year. Everyone, So batten down the fucking hatches, start saving because it's going to be super expensive. So sell a kidney and get ready. Now it's not going to be expensive. But I remember, you know this, self doubt this, I'm not good enough. Who the fuck would want to listen to you or read you or watch you. You know that's been ever present despite the fact that I know that some people do, but I still feel like, who would and why would they? And even though I'm going okay at the moment, I'm just lucky, it's just a phase. It's going to go. But I remember one day at Deacon when we had a room full, we had just under seven hundred people, and I was just in the zone. I don't know why. It's one of those days where it feels like it's coming through you, not from you. It's like you're throwing three pointers at the free throw line and every ball is going in every basket without even touching the net. It was like that, and everything was just working and I kind of had this moment where I looked up and I don't know if this is true, but it seemed like there were seven hundred people in the palm of my hand, just captivated by what was going on, and they were just fully present and they were and what I was saying was landing and there was connection and there was tears and there was revelation and there's like and I just had this moment where I went, fucking the hell, I'm not shit, I'm not shit. This is oh my god, I can do this. You know, this is I'm not terrible, you know, And I remember thinking, I don't this is what I thought to myself. I've had the few times in my life, right, and this was one of the maybe five times in my life where I've gone, don't forget this moment. This is an important moment for you. And I remember it really clearly, and I remember at the end of the day because it was you know, we have lots of good days with those workshops and seminars and conferences that we do, and You've been involved in lots of them. But at the end of the day, everyone had kind of gone and just picking up some shits, and Melissa comes up to me, and we were on the stage and the last person had filter out of the filtered out the room, and she was just packing up her suitcase with a myriad of things that she takes and she just looks at me and she goes, this is actually what she said. She goes, what the fuck was that? And I go, I don't know. I go, I don't know. She goes, oh my god. It was like, you know, when there's just something special that happens, you know, it could be a one on one conversation with someone. Yeah, you know, and even on that day, Yeah, but I don't know. That's the thing about connection and communication and being able to, you know, be in the middle of something amazing with people and creating that experience.
Speaker 2: Winding back to that idea of the you know, feeling one way about our reality when you know our perception of it, do you reckon there's a relationship. I wonder if there is to me, if there's a relationship between in hope and risk. Right, So, when you're in when you kind of perceive where you're at and you're in this shit spot, there's only hope. There's only hope because there's only one way. It's like, when I changed to do the stuff I'm doing now, we were in the middle of a pretty shitty situation where things will looking grim. I'm like, well, it can't get worse than this, so I'm I'm going to do something new and brave and bold and wonderful. And the only place to go is up. And then all of a sudden, when you start to build on that and you get a little bit better, a little bit better, you're not at the bottom rung anymore, and it's like I could also fall. There's lots of hope. There's all that hope up there, and I'm closer to it, but also I could fall from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Look, I think that's interesting because when you go, well, there's only hope, I'm like, well, there's definitely hope if you're that way and you can find that. But I think there's also strategy. There's also great questions. There's like, oh, well, I'm in a shit spot, all right, so you just acknowledge I'm in a shit spot or I fucked up, or I'm physically or mentally or financially or professionally out of shape or got that's cool, all right, Then what's one thing you can do today tif to make some ground? What's one thing you can do. What's one conversation, What's one decision, What's one action? But yeah, and that I think that ability to be able to feel like you're not good enough but still try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know, I don't know. And it's like, you know, you and I are similar in that I don't think. Well, I don't know. Maybe you're way more naturally gifted than me. I'm not sure, but I don't think you think And I definitely don't think I don't think either of us inherently think that we're fucking geniuses, so we're probably similar in that, And I don't think either of us were inherently you know, you're probably well, you're definitely more genetically and probably more sporting in terms of being gifted than I was, you know, But I think we're similar in that we both don't think highly of ourselves, or we didn't. Maybe we're getting a bit of confidence and awareness now hopefully not arrogance, but yeah, I think that being able to recognize maybe I don't have great self belief, or maybe I don't have heaps of talent, or maybe I might fuck up. But definitely, if I don't try, I'm never going to grow, learn evolved, that get better.
Speaker 2: Like how did you when you got to a point of like stepping up in it? Let's like, so, whether it be corporate work or speaking or any of that, when it was time to level up and step into that new paradigm, how did you? How did you do that? Because that's when it bolsters me sometimes in the middle of and when I say transaction, I don't mean a financial transaction, but like maybe a conversation in exchange or an opportunity or feedback on something. I notice internally that almost the unworthiness or I'm not this or stuff comes up or I go, so how do you manage? Because that's for me, it's probably one of the biggest things that I keep coming up against.
Speaker 1: So for me, I have had to be willing to fuck up and fail and get uncomfortable and look silly, like if you can go, I'm probably going to get embarrassed. That's okay. I'm probably gonna not do this. Well, that's okay. I'm probably going to make more mistakes than I'm going to get things correct. In the early days, like for me, it was I've told this story, but I'll just briefly retell it. Like my first couple of speaking gigs, I mean, that's that's really overselling what it was. But I was talking to a group and I did get paid, right. But so the first one was in at a timber yard, and it was in the staff room or the lunch room, talking to a bunch of blokes who didn't give a fuck and you know, really weren't interested. But the guy, the guy that owned the business, I was his trainer, and he loved the shit I said, and He's like, the shit that you tell me, My blokes need to hear that shit. And I went and told them the same shit, and clearly they weren't him, and they weren't interested. But one or two guys. But in the middle of that quite painful thirty minutes in the lunch room, there were just one or two glimmers of connection and hope. And it may be a smile or maybe a laugh or and I just I just had this speaking of hope. I just went ah, like those little so those little moments of connection or those little, tiny little wins, they felt amazing. And I went, oh and a few times, like for the first year that I did stuff like that, and I did probably seventy percent of what I did in the first year was for free, and thirty percent I got paid a dollar fifteen, right. But it was in the middle of doing all of that and every time coming away having done a three out of ten or a two out of ten, or a four out of ten, or sometimes when I was on fire, a five, right, but being able to learn and see in my self growth like I knew, I I like, I'm not good yet. I know I'm not good, but I was terrible and now I'm just less shit. Right. So it's like, if you know you know Brad, that you and I both know jiu jitsu Brad, Right, So if I go and roll with Brad, if I do jiu jitsu with Brad, I know that Brad could kill me seventeen different ways in sixty seconds and I couldn't do anything about it. So, and he's a he owns in a cab jiu jitsu academy, he's very experienced, is very good. He's one of the best probably in Australia in terms of in that you know. And so, but my job is not to go and beat Brad. My job is to go in and go, right, well, Brad's great at this, I'm shit at this, and to work at getting better, not at work at beating at Brad or being as good as Brad, but going well, Craig, you're a You're not even a one out of ten. He's a nine. So you're you're a half out of ten. And so yeah, for me, it's just about that, you know, It's just about going well. I've just got to work at being better and maybe down the track, I don't know, maybe I'll have a podcast that thousands of people listen to. Or maybe I'll write a book and someone will buy it, you know. Or maybe I'll write a few books. So maybe I'll do a talk and I'll be fucking terrible, but maybe one day seven hundred people will pay to listen to me and I'll be great. Who knows, or you know?
Speaker 2: It's that I've been doing some work with a friend of mine. He's a speaker also, and we're just following some processes that from some of his coaches and that he does, so he's walking me through. It's about idea, generation and content and just really valuable stuff, a way of thinking. Like my brain hurt when he introduced me to this stuff. And after the first we did a co working day together, that night, I messaged him and said, hey, with love, fuck you because yesterday I was a speaker and I knew what my message was and I knew what I spoke about. And right now I feel like dogshit that doesn't know anything and can't even articulate to you in an empty room what I'm talking about, because it was introduced to this entirely new level of a way of thinking and understanding things that just wasn't familiar to me. Yeah, and that that's so confronting.
Speaker 1: What did you Okay, so what was the How long ago is that?
Speaker 2: Oh? A couple of weeks?
Speaker 1: So what's that? What do you know now? Like you felt shit straight away? What do you know now? And what have you adapted? And what do you think now about that?
Speaker 2: So I think that I realized that I I'm great at telling stories, but I'm not great at articulating what my point is before being like I'm great if you, but if a company comes to me and goes, we want to talk about this, this is our what we want to get across. I'm awesome at going through our mental filing cabinet and nailing that. I'm not great at some one going what do you talk about? What do you want to come and tell my company? I'm like, oh, And then in the trying to pull that out of my head, it's like the messy fucking sock draw. It's everywhere, and my brain goes from I can't categorize cleanly and clearly and create flow with my points, and I know I do it on the fly, but I just feel like there's value in understanding that if I want to be able to portray what I do when I have opportunities to connect with people and companies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, that is interesting. I think we can complicate it. Right. Yesterday I spent half a day with I haven't said this yet, have I? Maybe I said that the kids from Lara Secondary College. Right, great, your twelve kids amazing. We did it at ballaratt Uni. And whether or not I'm talking to you know, elite sporting team, which I do, or I'm talking to a company like a corporate space, you know, in a fancy fucking conference center, or I'm talking of blokes on a construction site, or I'm talking as seventeen year olds at a school or at a university. It was. The common thread is that you're trying to help them think better, do better, be better, create better outcomes. Right, And so I reckon you can distill it down to a ten twenty second elevate a pitch as they call it, which you can then build on. So when someone goes to me, what do you do, and they're really asking what my job is, I go I help people change stuff. The end it's like I don't know what that is. You know has seven words or six words? I help people change stuff five words, right, and they're like, what is what stuff? I go, lots of stuff, you know. I go head stuff, mind stuff, life, life stuff, habits, behaviors, you know, thinking outcomes, results. Oh, how do you do that? And I go, well, you know, I'm an excise scientist. I'm doing my doctorate in the mind PhD in you know, psychology. So we think about all the human stuff, you know, like the thing we have in common is we all want to succeed, we all want to be healthy, we all want to be happy. And so we open that door. And oh and then so just by going I help people change stuff, you know, then people go generally almost everyone says what people what stuff? I go, all people, all stuff. You know. It's like at least open the door, Like here's what we know. It doesn't matter what environment or what person or what situation. Nobody in front of you wants to be less happy, Nobody in the room wants to be less healthy, Nobody in the room wants to be more of a failure, nobody wants to be more fearful. Right, and so it's like I think once you try and over talk it or over explain it, you do yourself a disservice, you know. So I tend to go, oh, look, I work with teams and athletes and companies and individuals about just helping them create better outcomes in their world the end, you know, or whatever, because invariably there's a question, nobody goes ah and walks away. They go ah, cool, thanks by, Like they don't do that. I've never had that done. So what I do is if I go, oh, well, thanks for asking. Well, actually I do a range of things. I'm an author, you know. Then people are shut up, like I'm always like undersell over the liver. Just open the door, say something a bit interesting but also authentic, open the door a bit, and then let them come through and ask you stuff if you want. But I mean, the nutshell of what you do is the same. Your job is to help people perform better whatever people and whatever perform means better habits, better thinking, better decisions, better operating systems, better protocols, better lifestyle. You know, it's all the same stuff, right even you know, It's like, I'm not a corporate guru at all, but I work successfully in the corporate space. But I've never ever been corporate myself, Like I've never been a corporate employee ever in my life. Yet I can go into the corporate space and thrive because everyone in the corporate space is a human and I'm pretty good with humans, you know. So yeah, but I think over time, I don't know if this is very podcasting what I'm saying, but fuck it, I feel like it's just you and me. I'm coaching you. But I think over time, you're going to get more succinct and more clear, and you know, it's just going to become more where, more and more, as you get more experienced and more confident and more competent, it's going to be not that you are in any way choreographed or you know, you're more person than persona, but as you do more and more my experiences anyway, for me, you just it's almost just like you're having a conversation, but really, you know, really like yesterday, sorry you go.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just say what I've really what I like and am drawn to about this process of working with Mike is the research and the deep dive into what are my thoughts? Where does this come from? What is the research like stuff that I like? Where have I drawn this from? And because I want to leave. I want yeah, I want to leave people with all of the directions I've looked in so they can go and look there too, like real clarity around I think just even the idea of it's made me go back and read books I've read before on specific topics and bring to mind, get real clarity on why I've landed where I've landed with all of this stuff, and what is the research and other people who talk about it, what are the things that I've agreed with and disagreed with, and how can I talk about that to a room because that's all relevant, Like all of it, all of the stuff that's my stuff is just a decision that's built on stuff that I have agreed with and disagreed with and maybe changed my mind about over time. So I've loved the process of going back to that and playing there, but it's just left me in a bit of a whirlwind of oh, I'm not used to thinking in this one's being used to thinking in a different way. And I know I use my brain a lot in what I do, but like it physically hurt. I was physically at home going my brain hurt feels like I've done a workout with my head.
Speaker 1: That's funny, Yeah, funny. Can I tell you a little secret. Yeah, your brain can't hurt because there's no pain receptors in it. But anyway, you're welcome. That's ten dollars. I'll send you the bill.
Speaker 2: You're doing a PhD. You wouldn't have been able to kill me that.
Speaker 1: But what what I was going to say to you is what I think is something of a relief for all speakers, is you're not the answer, like Tiff Cook, not the answer. Tiff Cook. I can call you a chick because you call yourself a chick, So please don't send me an email everyone Tiff calls herself that you're a chick. On the stage in front of a bunch of other people sharing thoughts and ideas and stories. Some of them are going to land, some of them are going to connect. Some people are going to be fucking inspired. Some people are going to be looking at their Facebook while you're talking. Some people are going to walk away and go, she's a gum. That was the best thing I've ever fucking heard. And a few people will go, ah, right, that's what we do. You go in there and you go I'm going to tell you some stuff that I think, some experiences, I've had, some insights I've gained, maybe a story or two, and then I'm going to explain why I'm telling you all that, and then you're going to maybe do something with it or not right. And so it's not like I never you know, I would never tell someone how to think, but I would talk about thinking. I would talk about metacognition and you know, metaperception, all of that. I would never tell someone what they should eat, but I would talk about nutrition. You know, I would never tell someone what would be the best job, but I could talk about the psychology of work and fulfillment and connection and purpose and what tends to work for some people in terms of you know, thriving not surviving in work for forty years, and you know, so you can talk about things without directing people, because there's some stuff that we know, Like I think we can safely say that if you have a job where you feel like it's meaningful and you have purpose and you have connection with other people and you feel like you're doing good and growing and evolving, and well, there's a fair chance you're going to like that job. But if you get paid a million bucks a year, and I know some people that think it wouldn't matter what it was. I would fucking love it. You wouldn't love it like I mean, if you had a job where you've got a million bucks a year, twenty grand a week, but you fucking hated every moment of it, guess what your life is not. That's not success, that's not joy, that's just income. And so you know, I think there are these things that are broadly relevant, if not one hundred percent applicable all of the time. But as I said to these kids, yes there's seventeen. Yesterday was day one of year twelve. I'm like, what a fucking exciting time it is for you, you know? And I said, here's the thing. You know, No, there's no optimal career. There's no optimal plan, but there's there's the best plan for you, though, but your best plan will be the worst plan for the person next to you, and the career that blows your socks off. I'm like, how many of you want to be an influencer? Right? And of course no, not all the hands. I thought it would be everybody, but a few hands went up, you know, and you go cool. So for some of you, maybe that's what you should or could do for Maybe you'll be an architect for some of you, maybe you'll be a world famous chef, or maybe you'll be none of that. Maybe you'll buy a truck and you'll have a truck driving business and you'll transport stuff around it. Who knows, it doesn't matter, but it's trying to find this, you know, Like what's going to work for tif cook won't work for the next person. And you know, it's like I say that people don't don't do what I'd do because most people would hate it because I don't actually have a job or predictability, or I don't have a set wage. I don't have you know, I don't have holiday pay, I don't have sick pay. I don't have much security in that sense, or predictability or certainty. Most people would hate what I do because it's extremely financially vulnerable, you know. But I thrive in that. But most people don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's so much there's sacrifice in every aspect of what we do in life, Like because I'm thinking about it, you know, I think about that a lot. I could not fathom the idea of nine to five again with someone else owning my time, me having no autonomy, but also would love someone to pay me super and holiday pay. I'd love to be able to leave the job at work at five pm and turn my head off like there's and you go, well, you get a choice of what you are willing to pay for that, and you get to pay it like because seven days a week, any time of the day, I can go and walk my dog at my will any day I could, I couldn't theoretically just do whatever the fuck I want. And that's the price I pay. Is well, that you can do that, You've also got to fucking make enough money to pay yourself in super so you can eat when you're sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But I don't even think it's a price. I think it's the joy you get. I'm like, for me, there's like it's not even none of me feels like I'm missing out on I I feel like that. I'm like, I feel like I've been cheating for forty years. I feel like the fucking kid who got away with the cake, right, I'm like, just I'm the fat kid in the corner with a fucking chocolate cake and I'm just getting away with it, you know, like my mum, I reckon my mum for about the first twenty years, is like, what the fuck do you actually do? You don't have a job? You know. She didn't like even when I owned like a proper business, gyms and stuff, to me, that was a fucking scam. Like if I didn't own a gym, m'd be in a gym two hours a day anyway. And now I could just be in the place I want to be in and people give me money, and nothing that I do feels like a job. I'm around people who are happy, people who are getting in shape, people who are having good conversations, people who get excited to come to see you, people get excited to come to the place that you work at, and it's just this fucking massive, kind of amazing energy. And you're like, yeah, this is not a job. This is a scam. And I'm in the middle of this scam. I'm making dough fucking don't tell anyone. I hope it doesn't catch on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it did.
Speaker 1: Personal training court on Ah, well oh well, oh well that's that. I think. It's just you know, I was talking to these kids yesterday. Did you see the picture I put up of that young kid. No, oh, go to my instagram right now. I know this is not very good. Go to my instagram and have a look at the photo of that kid. And I now, if you want to see this kid everyone, his name's Declan. Just turned seventeen, day one of year twelve yesterday. Now, I'm not I'm not tiny. I'm five ten and I'm eighty six kilos.
Speaker 2: Dre just above his like your your head comes up to his mouth with your head comes up to his lips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look like I'm fucking four foot seven, yeah, and fifty two kilos and I'm five ten and eighty five or six kilos. And I don't think he would mind me telling you because dudes don't care. And he said to me, and he's in good shape. Right, So he's six five and one hundred and thirty kilos and he's in good shape, like he's an athletic six five one thirty.
Speaker 2: When when I hear stats like that, the first thing I think is wow, I managine how much food he gets to eat.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to what I you know, Like, the thing is, I was trying to emphasize to those kids, like you can pretty much do whatever you want, like, I know there are limitations, and but but don't do what mum or dad necessary. Like if what mum and dad want you to do is also what you want to do, well cool, but don't become a fucking doctor because mum and dad want you to become a doctor. Become a doctor because that's what you want. Become a truck driver or a train driver, or a personal trainer, or a fucking artist or a street performer, whatever you want. Like oh, yeah, but you've got to pay the bills. Yeah, you know what, You've also got to live and have some joy in And the thing is that it's like, well, let's find let's get an income, but let's have joy as well, and maybe we could do both. Maybe we can make a fortune and also do the thing that we love. And just trying to get across to them that you don't realize how much potential you have at this time in your life. And also you don't need to figure out the next forty years by Friday week. You know, it's like this doesn't I talked to thirty year olds who don't know what they want to do, and I'm like, guess what you've got another fucking fifty years, so chill, like there is no hurry, like even when I finished my current study, and like I reckon, I don't know. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I tell you what I'm not doing thinking about winding down or retire. I'm excited. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I go.
Speaker 1: Is there a chance I'll do some more study? YEP? I probably won't, But could I go and do like I would go and do a degree in something that I know nothing about just because I want to learn that. And it's never been not easier, but it's never been more convenient to study now because you can do so much online. A friend of mine's doing a master's in nutrition, primarily nearly all of it online. I mean, it's full on, it's a lot of work, but like and just to just to like talk to these kids and go, hey, the world is your oyster, Like there is so much stuff that you can do. But also then too like presenting with them the idea of intentional living, which is having said that, yes, there are so many options and so many roads you can choose, but also you're not going to accident wind up in an awesome place like you need to choose it. You need to do the work you need to. You need to keep getting up, You need to be resilient, you need to, you know, find your reason. You need to outlast the motivation. You need to. So also, it's not all fucking you know roses and you know puppies. It's like there's there's still work, and there's still discipline, and there's still effort and energy and you know, there's all of that. But at the same time, if like most of my listeners do, if you live in Australia right now, it's a pretty fucking good time despite all the doom and gloom that we're exposed to, you know, twenty twenty five, Like, there have been so many periods evolutionary, evolutionarily where humanity has been in a way worse place than we're at now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Can I share something brilliant on a completely unrelated topic.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: It's a new discovery. It replaces doom scrolling www dot explore dot org. Harps log onto it right now. This is a website that has live cameras around the world just watching animals. I watched polar bears eating bamboo for ten minutes yesterday instead of doom scrolling and my soul was on fire. You can tune into a puppy whelping room. You can watch the Seals, you can watch Eagles.
Speaker 1: It's explore dot org.
Speaker 2: Explore dot org.
Speaker 1: All right, it's coming up.
Speaker 2: Oh the pandas are so cute.
Speaker 1: Let me put on my specs. Oh wow wow, oh my god, this is.
Speaker 2: Real time and like no humans, just animals doing their thing.
Speaker 1: Gray Seals currently live. Oh my god. All right, well that fucked me up. Now I want to seal.
Speaker 2: A look at the polar bears.
Speaker 1: You really did not need to?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably? Yeah. Can you get another six months extension on your board?
Speaker 1: Board Eagles six streams? Yeah? See, I don't need this in my ah.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh there's a month feeding little eagles. Rather turn that off because that's noisy. Yeah all right, well that's that's just fucked up my afternoon.
Speaker 1: There goes my productivity out the window. It's been real cook Thanks listeners. By the way, Feb three, next Monday, we're almost there. It's Thursday. As we're recording. This Monday night, our new mentoring program gets underway. Get the fuck on board. Thanks TIV, Thanks helps