Speaker 1: It's nice to be back at work though. Guys, or were we six weeks apart from one another?
Speaker 2: Do you miss me?
Speaker 1: I actually didn't think about you once, except for when you sent me a happy Birthday text on the wrong day.
Speaker 2: Did you miss me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Of course I saw you, probably a bit more. But no, I haven't seen you for like four week Christmas.
Speaker 2: Nothing's changed, God.
Speaker 1: No, nothing's changed.
Speaker 2: You're in New York.
Speaker 1: I went to New York. I went to New York and then I went to the Caribbean. But you know how, like when you're in America or places like that, like sometimes weird things just happen. So New Year's Day, I'm not gonna lie. I had a little bit of a hangover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shocked. What times you go to bed New Years? E?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh like five? Oh?
Speaker 2: Mom? I know Mom's normally asleep by what so.
Speaker 1: New York, New York. But we'd also only just got there, so we were a bit so we slept in late work. Cutlet we partied on news.
Speaker 2: E Did you get the glasses where it says twenty five?
Speaker 1: I wanted them. I didn't get them, but I had a top hat, really a plastic top hat. There was a top hat or a headband option, and I went the top hat.
Speaker 2: New York really know how to do New Year's.
Speaker 1: And for like the days leading up to it, every street corner is just selling those glasses and the hats. And then I got to News even I was like, how do I not have the glasses? I kind of thought were we were going then have the glasses, but they didn't, but they had the top hats anyway. So Newyear's Day we were not feeling our sparkling best, and like over there, you just you just go on the internet and order whatever you want. Things just happen. So we ordered ivs to get like rehydrated. Everyone's doing them now.
Speaker 2: You really were, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they just they take away your headache, They give you hydration, some vitamins.
Speaker 2: There's the difference. In Australia, we go and get a slurpee. Yeah, in America they pay down a couple of europane exactly.
Speaker 1: What he enrolls the nurse into the hotel room, gives all our friends likes. We watched a movie, went back to sleep, and then woke up.
Speaker 2: And they really work.
Speaker 1: I you know how I know they work because I woke up at like six point thirty on Yesday night, and I was like, let's go again. I'm a woman, I feel amazing. Let's go out for dinner. We were going to stay and we like, it's nears day, let's go out for dinner. So we went out for dinner. We came good, went out for dinner, went to meet some friends after dinner, and then things were kind of packing up. Even though it's a city that never sleeps, things were kind of closing because it was New Year's Day, everyone's peak. And these guys, these American guys, are like, oh, there's a cool bar that's open around the corner. It's a bit of a dive let's go there. So we're like, okay, So there's six of us. So we walk into a like a dive bar. Like it's like, I want to say, fifteen meters wide, twenty five meters long, just a long, skinny.
Speaker 2: Very New York like locals only like old school, like like in Coyote, ugly like.
Speaker 1: That, minus the bras on the roof.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: So there's like a couple of little booths, so four other people as there's ten of us in the bar. Right there's a little juke box in the corner. We're just having a few nightcaps, thinking this is it and then we'll go home. And then this girl walks in and goes to the jukebox, right standing right next to me on her own, mind you, putting her dollar bills in and I look up and look left. It's Rihanna red Ye. Wasn't someone that looked like wasn't someone that looked like I looked at my friend Lucy and I was like, Lucy, that's Rhianna. She was like, oh my god, that's Ray.
Speaker 2: Now at this point, are you thinking, is she going to request her own song on the track?
Speaker 1: No, the jukebox was full of like Bruce Springsteen and the light on her own with a security guard, but on her own. So she goes and stands at the end of the bar and I'm like, no one else has noticed. And I see Paul down the end and he looks at me. He's like, sick. That's Rihanna. Sick like he couldn't really care less to be honest.
Speaker 2: But typical. Yeah, I know, bloody.
Speaker 1: She's just standing there on her own, minding her own business, having a few drinks. I went to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Was she chatting with her security gain.
Speaker 1: No, just on her own with a drink. Yeah, having a future killers, knocking back a few killers. So I went to the bathroom. I came out of the bathroom and I went to the bar to get a.
Speaker 2: Drink and she trying to go near her.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, there was it was just like a time.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me, she sparked.
Speaker 1: She goes, what's up? And I was like, I was trying to be like I didn't really know who. Well, I was just like I don't want to go fangus. I was like hey, and she goes, oh, you're not from around here, and I was like, nah.
Speaker 2: I'm Thisaien. Does you have your top ad on from the night before?
Speaker 1: And she said, I'm from the Bahamas? And I was like, I'm going to like I could not have been more dorky. Paul's at the other end of the bar just shaking his head looking at me like what are you you doing? Anyways? Like I panic, I was like, I'm going to get a drink. She goes, yea, I have a tequila. I've got some tequilla. Have a to killer with me.
Speaker 2: Did you introduce that, Lauren?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what I said, to be honest, but I had the.
Speaker 2: Tequila when she said I'm Rihanna.
Speaker 1: I don't think she said I'm Rihanna. No, I don't think she did. I think I don't think she needed to.
Speaker 2: Did you swap instagrams? Do you want me to tag you Rihanna? Well?
Speaker 1: Then, so we had a few tequilas and then I was like, well, let me buy you a drink you bought You've shouted me a couple Yeah, absolutely, She goes, no, it's fine. I was like, no, let me buy your drinks. She goes, okay, I'll have a prosecco. And I was like, and I'm like, should we get a bottle of champagne? Like by this stage, I'm like, we're friends. Shall we get a bottle of champagne?
Speaker 2: She goes oh, She's like I'm not.
Speaker 1: We ain't friends. So she bought it the cheapest drink she could probably like, let's she was trying to. So I brought it and I came out in a little little mini bottle of prosecco and she pulled and she was like, thanks, cheers, And I was like, I'm gonna go back to my friends now. So I go back to my girlfriend Lucy well because I run out.
Speaker 2: Of things to say, and she just shut you down.
Speaker 1: The next minute, this Ferrari pulls up out the front of this bar and this guy bounces in and the security goes, does anyone want to leave? And we were like what and he goes because we're locking in and it's asap, Rocky through the door, Shimmy's up the bar, jobs behind the bus stops are they dating? They're married with two children?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Starts pouring tequila shots and handing them out for everyone.
Speaker 2: So what are still life? What?
Speaker 1: It was so random?
Speaker 2: Meanwhile at Sonderbar on set right thinking I'm living my best life.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I was like if two of my best friends weren't there, I wouldn't have believed that it happened. Not a photo was taken.
Speaker 2: What did you say to?
Speaker 1: I just took his tequila and didn't say any.
Speaker 2: Did you lock in? Like?
Speaker 1: We locked in?
Speaker 2: And how long? We therefore partying with asap and re re.
Speaker 1: To pack up our hotel room in two hours to get to the airport. By the time I got home was very late.
Speaker 2: IV. Did you say goodbye to?
Speaker 1: I think I want another? What about that? You have a bottle of champagne. No thanks, that's.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, right, How did you get yourself in these situations?
Speaker 1: A sa Rocky in his Ferrari and then he went out the front and had a cigarette and Paul was like, I might go have a smoke. And I was like, careful, you don't know what's going to happen. What I don't know in America, everyone's everyone's not smoking cigarettes. Over there.
Speaker 2: You having a special smile.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I don't need a big boy down. We got a flight to catch Paul. Yeah, anyway, re Ra and then sorry, I watched a video that she posted on Years during the countdown three two one, Happy New Year, and she goes, I haven't had a drink in three hundred and sixty five days, and.
Speaker 2: Then her first drink was the prosecco apparently apparently apparently New Year's Day into it, ripped the vand aid off just one last time, you said, should we get a bottle?
Speaker 1: No thanks? Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on number one hundred Jason Lauren Boom on socials