Speaker 1: The routines you create.
Speaker 2: It needs to be realistic for the worst version of you, because otherwise you're just setting yourself up for failure.
Speaker 1: And this is why a lot of people always.
Speaker 2: Talk about I can't see things through, I can't do have its, I fall the bandwagon. It's because you're not setting yourself up for success for every day. A couple of years ago, I was plodding around the house and I walked past a mirror in our bedroom, and my pipheral vision I caught the glimpse of a woman, and sadly I no longer recognized her anymore. On that day, I was wearing my token uniform, which was leggings and an old red Hot Chili Peppers T.
Speaker 1: Shirt, which I love, by the way.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't what I was wearing or my attire, but it was just the sunken look on my face.
Speaker 1: It's like I was there, but I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't really there, and I had didn't even realize, but I had someone else's whippicks on my smeared across my top. And that wasn't the only thing I stopped noticing. It was the fact that I had well and truly co signed on my own burnout. I thought, you know, for the first few years of my girl's lives, that being a mother meant not needing at all. So you know, I did the things and I showed up, and you know, I thought it was okay, because that's what you do when you love people, or so I thought. But then I realized, as the girls got older recently, that the whole time they were watching me and learning, they were learning that women don't get to come first. And I didn't want that for them, and I didn't want that for me. And that was the day I decided that I needed to start giving a shit again. I just started giving a shit about myself. You know, I disappeared into motherhood without even realizing it happened.
Speaker 1: And it happens to most of us. When there's small.
Speaker 2: People, other people that need you more than you realize, it does make it hard to be anywhere on your to do list at all. And this is when I decided to go through a doable glow up. So today I'm going to be giving you the ten changes or ten rules that I've done over the last two years to go through this doable glow up. Now I know we see glow ups all over Instagram, all over TikTok, and usually it involves, you know, getting up at four o'clock in the morning and like putting that snail goo on your face. I'm not going to be telling you to do any of those things, but I will say I have bought that snail.
Speaker 1: Goo and it actually is pretty good.
Speaker 2: But this is just like my health and fitness journey that I've spoken about before. I knew for this it had to be realistic, it had to be sustainable. And I know when you hear glow up, you tend to think, you know, the person's just after the aesthetics or of the you know, it's more of a superficial thing. But this was truly just putting myself on my to do list again. And I know, like any of us, it's only human too. When you feel put together on the outside, you naturally feel better on the inside. You feel more confident, you feel like you can take on anything like it's nothing. There's nothing worse that you know, when you have to duck down to wool Worth speaking from experience, and you look like an absolute dag, like you just I remember the other the other week, I literally went in with no shoes on and no socks because I was just ducking like dropping the kids off at their friend's house, and I was like, I don't need to get out of the car. And then I had to go buy food, and I was just like whatever. But then the one time you go to wool Worst and you you just look disheveled, with like a bird's nest on your head. You see, it's like it's a bloody high school reunion and you see everyone you've ever met in your life of suddenly in wool Worse. And look, it's not like a vain thing, but it is human nature just to feel you just feel like you can take on anything. And I have an amazing hack at the end of these ten rules or ten changes that will literally make you feel put together that every single day by doing two things, and you'll always feel ready for anything. But I'm not going to just be giving you these changes that I've done. I want to be actually telling you why, like why each one of these is equally as important as the last for your doable glow up. And there's nothing wrong with wanting to be healthier, hottier, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to be happier, healthier and hotter.
Speaker 1: Mind you as well.
Speaker 2: I feel like so many people I know now who are in their thirties are just honestly looking better than they ever have. And I think it's because that's sadly when we maybe wake up to ourselves that it is time for us to, you know, to care about you again. And I think the next time you really struggle to give time to yourself, I want you to pitch your eight year old self and try and say no to her and her needs, because I know you won't be able to. And I just like a little reminder that it's not vain, it's not selfish for wanting to focus on yourself again, you know, bringing a human being into the world, even for those on here listening right now who aren't mothers. Like society in the world needs so much of us, it seems. It could be work, could be family, could be friends, it could be all all these commitments showing up online like it's a lot and motherhood or not, we lose ourselves essentially now. I know for the other millennials out there too, when you think of a glow up, you do tend to think of like, you know, maya from Princess Diarus and there's Parloa and it comes in with his team and then he does like the whole makeover, and you see then and there that she does feel a lot.
Speaker 1: More confident afterwards.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it's a bad thing wanting to change, you know, certain things about yourself, as long as it's like it's for you, as long.
Speaker 1: As it's not for anyone else but for you.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be the Princess of Genovia to deserve a bit of a glow up. Now, these aren't like you know, this isn't going to cost hundreds of thats of dollars. This isn't going to cost hundreds of dollars. This is just small, repeatable habits that you can do every day. Included in these ten changes and rules is not just the physical stuff. It's also your environment and then also mindset shifts that honestly have changed my life. And I can't even tell you when I started this, like glow up journey. I look back at photos and I'm like, holy crap, Holy crap. And you're allowed to say You're allowed to feel good about yourself, you know, like we don't judge here so let's do it, all right, guys, So get your notebooks out, get your notesap out, and here are the ten things that we're going to change.
Speaker 1: For your doable blow up. All right.
Speaker 2: The first one is edit your wardrobe. So I ruthlessly edited the crap out of my wardrobe. This was like one of my first things I did. And this goes hand in hand with the next point, which they're linked obviously. But when you have multiple items of clothing that you don't feel good in, that is not going to be helpful for you, like day to day life with time trying to put outfits together, and also like so many of us hold onto items of clothing that just don't fit our current body. It fits a body that we had maybe five years ago. That's just like trying to keep a pair of shoes that you no longer fit into. You don't need to be reminded of, you know, the past every single morning if there's like a negative connotation with it. So if every morning you're going into your wardrobe and you're looking at a bunch of clothes you wore before you had babies, that's not going to like set you up for the best day. And if you've heard of anything like the capsule wardrobe. This is where you have pieces that you can mix and match. And this is I guarantee you you have most of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Already in your wardrobe. Now.
Speaker 2: It's having like basic things like maybe two or three T shirts in a certain colors that suit you, which is coming into my next point, singlers, and then like maybe two like a maxiskirts and pants and you can literally just mix them up every day. And one thing I've loved this is not sponsored, by the way, but I found this app called Alta Alta or something or alto. So Katie from SPP, she's my head of design, she told me about it. Basically, it's like this app and you take photos of everything that you own and it kind of aizs it and makes it into like a nice picture.
Speaker 1: So you could take a really shitty photo of like a T shirt.
Speaker 2: And it's going to make it look like it's on that shop website, if that makes sense. And what I love about this app too is there is it creates you like a little avatar that literally looks just like you, like full body avatar, and it can suggests like outfit combos and you can have a full calendar, and you can see what you're wearing for like every week, every.
Speaker 1: Month, and you can follow people on there.
Speaker 2: So I'll give you guys, if I could have a link to my own, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a little social media thing. I feel it's so cool.
Speaker 2: But one thing I love about this app too is I'm going to get into culing your wardrobe in a second, but I love this because I pretty much told myself everything I have in my wardrobe I have to take a photo of and put it.
Speaker 1: Into this app. And if I've picked up a piece of clothing and.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want to do that, that usually indicated to me that A I didn't love it and B I wasn't going to wear it, and see, I need to get rid of it. So it's having that extra filter on top to like make sure every piece of clothing you have is intentional. It makes you feel good, it makes like it's comfortable, you can wear it like even on your worst days. That's the things you want in your wardrobe. So here's everything I did to edit my wardrobe. You need to pull absolutely everything out and you can do this in categories and I do recommend doing this in categories because that's like a whole other extra bit of mental load for us is just sorting things.
Speaker 1: So, for example, I did a bunch of my jeans the other week.
Speaker 2: I had all these pairs of jeans that didn't even fit me anymore, and they were like the tight jeans that I never loved, but they were in fashion, and I'm like, you know what if they come back in fashion, I don't even care.
Speaker 1: I don't want to wear these anymore.
Speaker 2: I love the bag of jeans, I love the flares, so I got rid of them. And you know, there's deep pop now, so it's not like you're just like, you know, obviously you can donate it, but you can put things on deepop and make money from it. And I do love deep hop in general. Now, I want you to ask these questions. These are your wardrobe editing questions. The first question is does this fit the body I have right now, not three years ago. The second question is do I feel good in this? And the third question is have I worn this in the last six to eight months? Because of course we've got seasonal changes, but six to eight months generally you can tell if you're going to wear something or not. And this next question is the one that really helped me. If I saw this in a shop right now, would I bite? And if you're not sure, that's a no. And if you're really really stark, the best question is if I had to downsize into a smaller house or a unit and I had a very small wardrobe, would this come with me? That one helps a lot. So that's the first change I made in my dor book blow up. The next one is related to this, and that is and if you guys follow me on socials, you would know what I'm about to say.
Speaker 1: Learned about my color season.
Speaker 2: Honestly, finding out what colors actually suit me was the biggest glow up tip out of everything, and it makes shopping so much easier. And if you've never gone down this rabbit hole yet, which is the color seasons of autumn, summer, winter, spring, and then there's sub seasons within it. So there's like soft autumn, what is it like warm autumn and deep autumn? And I'm a soft autumn. But basically, these are the seasons that naturally like will make you look good and alive. And you know how some colors you'll put on it just makes you look washed out and a little bit dead. Well, once I figured out my color season, which I'm actually going to get an amazing color season professional on the on the show. So I'm really really excited for that because honestly, I can't tell you how much this has actually changed my life.
Speaker 1: And it also made me.
Speaker 2: Realize why my hair looked better as like this copper color than what it was blonde, because it's in my color season and I never realized that. And you can get swatches of your season. So say, once you get your color season analysis done, it literally will tell you if you like what jury is a better for you, like what hair colors, what make up everything?
Speaker 1: And it is.
Speaker 2: It just makes it's like a cheat sheet for life. And so once you use the editing questions I just told you about, plus use your color season when you go shopping, I literally will only go to certain colors now and look, if there's a color that's not in your season that you.
Speaker 1: Love, wear it anyway, like whatever floats your boat.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not saying I only stick to these things because it makes you look good. I think it really is about what makes you happy as well. So I'm a soft autumn, which means I'm better in warm, muted tones.
Speaker 1: But I also have I think a sub season of spring.
Speaker 2: But again I haven't done been done professionally, so I'm excited for I actually might get our color season professional to even like analyze me on the podcast, and you know, I might be completely wrong and I will cry and I'll be very confused. But once I'm like ninety percent sure I'm a soft autumn. But then there's like, you know, your sister season. So I also look okay in spring colors, which I'm wearing like this bluish top like today and it doesn't look half bad.
Speaker 1: So I do better with gold jewry.
Speaker 2: I do better with like when it comes to whites, it's better if I wear ivory than like a stark white, because stark white makes me look really washed out and also black shi just the no no for me. Now, Change number three is edit your space just as ruthlessly as you did your wardrobe. Now, of course this isn't technically our body or our physical appearance, but we all know we are a reflection of our environment. And when you're waking up every day to mess and like clutter, that's going to affect your stress levels and in turn, yes, it's going to affect things like your digestion, your skin, so many different things. So we're doing like a full doable glow up for all the areas of our life. There is a Princeton study on this as well, so so visual clutter competes for the exact same part of your brain you use for focus and self control. So your scattered house is quietly draining the same battery you're trying to use to function. And I know, you know, trying to edit your environment, so like decluttering, organizing, finding the best storage can super overwhelming. But with anything like this, I want I don't want you to think of the whole house. I want you to think of that draw, that bench, that corner of the house, and start in the areas that you know that you're in a lot or that.
Speaker 1: You feel that really affects you.
Speaker 2: So usually it's things like the kitchen, like your bedroom, your bathroom, things like that that need to be functional. They're the ones that are also going to probably annoy you the most if they're not working well. So I want you just to choose one era in your house that you can focus on, and honestly, I feel like even if your bedrooms a good place to start, it's where you wake up every day.
Speaker 1: It's how you start your day.
Speaker 2: And I also have my thirty day de clutter challenge to you guys because it breaks down literally all the things you need to do clutter.
Speaker 1: But it's only a little bit per day.
Speaker 2: It could literally take you five minutes, not even a day, and you tick it off. And as obviously that's dopamine, so I'll give you guys a link for that below as well. Now this next change, even if you do this alone, if you can do one thing for this doable glob, this honestly is the key. This is the one thing that I feel has the biggest domino effect. And for me, this has really helped me with you know, energy, my skin, my mood, everything, and that is having thirty grams of protein with your breakfast and that's before coffee.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, not fun.
Speaker 2: But once you do this and even do it after one day, and you feel you have like energy for longer and also you just have more patience, Like my mood's better, my brain functions better. And there's a lot of reasons for this, like there's actually obviously science and things to this.
Speaker 1: But so they say this is obviously with studies.
Speaker 2: They've said smoother energy, So protein slows the absorption of caffeine, providing a steady release of energy rather than a sudden spike and crash. There's balanced blood sugar, which alone, if you struggle with acne still like meat, blood sugar regulation is actually so important and I had no idea about that. And I'm going to talk more about skin a bit later, but starting with protein helps prevent the jitter inducing cortisole spikes caused by black cops on an empty stomach or not black coffee or ice slattes. There's also enhanced brain functions, so amino acids in protein support the production of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin, boosting focus and mental clarity. So also the team will love me more as well and my kids. If the others didn't convince you, this one will. So this one also it says you will get better digestion. Now there's another thing that's linked to my digestion massively, which I want to talk about in another step. But coffee on an empty stomach can increase acidity for some, So eating protein first creates a buffer in your stomach lining, so it just gives you a.
Speaker 1: Little extra cushion. You know, I struggle with acid. Acid.
Speaker 2: Wow, that sounds like I'm just having a rave every weekend. Okay, I don't struggle with acid. I just struggle with my stomach acid, and also says here for the low iron girlies, there's reduced iron interruptions. So coffee can sometimes interfere with iron absorbed and protein intake can help counteract this effect. So look, I'm giving you lots of reasons why. So for me, you know, with these glow ups and routines and things like that, you need to be okay with doing the bare minimum. So for me, I talk about lowering the bar, which is literally a step, and the routines you create, and you know, the life you want to lead, it needs to be realistic for the.
Speaker 1: Worst version of you.
Speaker 2: So if there's a version of you which is inevitable because we have a twenty eight day hormone cycle that wakes up and she's not feeling too crash hot, she's feeling sluggish, she needs to be able to be able to do this as well, because otherwise you're just setting yourself up for failure. And this is why a lot of people always talk about I can't see things through, I can't do habits, I fall off the bandwagon. It's because you're not setting your self ups for success for every day. So I want you to pitch your worst day and that version of you need to be able to do these things. So for me, you know, being able to have thirty grams of protein before coffee. If I've done that for the day, that's a win in my books, Like I've done my glow up step for the day.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. So even if you can pick one of these, it's.
Speaker 2: This now number five. This is more of a look kind of vibe. This is fine your signature hairstyle. Now, I love a good mumbun. I love a mumbun I pump dry shampoo more than most people probably should because.
Speaker 1: I am an oily girl.
Speaker 2: But once you have a hairstyle that you can nail and it's low effort that takes you less than five minutes, that will make you feel so much put together.
Speaker 1: So I struggle with this for a long time. You have the GHD curls.
Speaker 2: They never just looked that great, and I learned it at makeup school, but it didn't make a difference. So years ago I grabbed myself the dice in air up, and I feel like people are either a love.
Speaker 1: Hate relationship with the Dyson.
Speaker 2: And at first I hate it because I didn't understand and it like whip your hair around, whip your hair back and forth, and my hair wouldn't really stay that well. But once I learned how to use it with like moose and you use it when your hair is like eighty percent dry, I just get this lovely, like lovely, this lovely blowout, and I can do that literally in under five minutes every day now, I'll do it for the gym, I'll do it for whatever, and it makes me feel just put together because I don't want to wear makeup every day, you know. So for you, it could be heatless curls, it could be a slickback butt. I personally don't do well with that one. I don't know if it annoys me a little bit, But so for me, I do the dice and air wrap curls. And there's hacks for this too, like if you do the dice and air rap, apparently if you put your hair in a high pony and you just curl like the ends and take it out.
Speaker 1: It does the same kind of tricks. So find your signature hairstyle.
Speaker 2: That you could do in your sleep, and you'll just notice you feel again. You'll just feel more confident for the day. And I really with this whole doable glow up thing. I have to say a bit of a mini storytime interruption, but when I had my girls, especially the carp of my first daughder, I had terrible postnatal depression. I was it was just absolutely brutal, Like you know, Ryan and I we wanted babies, we had the baby, and then I was like, why am I not happy? And I was just absolutely a mess. And then this is where I literally discovered my routines. And I talk about this in my book, like all of these things I'm talking about now is all from you know, my past experiences and things like that and what I've learned along the way. And I talk about all of this stuff in my book, but in more detail, and I guess the more why behind it. And I started trying out my first morning routine when Harper started sleeping through because she really did give me false hope and because Willow did not sleep through for a couple of years, but she started sleeping through, and I was like, you know what, you know, you know, when you have a baby, you're covered in like bloody milk and all crap and you just feel like so yuck most of the time. So I started, you know, getting her set up for the morning, and then I'd have a shower and I would literally just brush my hair back into a ponytails. It's like a low pony or a mum bum, but I would.
Speaker 1: Actually brush it. I put on a little bit of.
Speaker 2: Concealer or some balm, and I would put on something comfy but like cute. I'd open all the blinds, I'd play music like I started a full morning routine and it really did help so much. And that's when I realized, like, this is not superficial shit, like this is really powerful.
Speaker 1: And then more people can realize, like it's not vanity, it's none of that really can tap into this.
Speaker 2: So yes, try heatless curls. Personally, I suck at those. I can't do them to save my life. Try slip back bar and try your dice and whatever works for you. And yeah, have your signature hairstyle that you can do every day now Number six, which is to do with our skin. I've struggled with my skin for the longest time. So in high school i'd get, you know, your normal little breakouts like you know, more like the little hormonal ones. And then for years I didn't have it, the acne. And then I did comp prep, so I did those bikini competitions and I lost my period. It was it was a time. And when my period came back, which don't recommend that, by the way, my acne was horrific, like cystic acne along my cheeks on the jaw line, like where you get your hormonal acne. And ever since, I've had it on and off. And I know my skin is just very sensitive to things like fragrance and things I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: And I'm very.
Speaker 2: Oily, so I get clogged paws so easily, and that's what actually causes my acne now. And I've learnt a lot about my skin lately. And again I'm not a professional, but this is just what I've learned.
Speaker 1: For me, my.
Speaker 2: Luteal phase, I get very oily, so your oil production like you see when production ramps up in your luteal phase. And for me, because I'm already oily. Yeah, it's an oil factory, which leads to clogged paws, which leads to them turns into pimples.
Speaker 1: So for me, I have to do it. I have to alter my.
Speaker 2: Skin care routine for those ten days, like literally, but it makes a difference.
Speaker 1: But this step is simplifying your skin care.
Speaker 2: So I've done the fourteen step skin care routines and I had the worst skin in my life. Sometimes less is more, And you know, if you've just got your cleanser, some type of hydration serum, moisturize, SPF, you assorted, and like for me, I've added in now it's like acne friendly, like a peptide serum at nighttime. And I've also started using a zylic acid because it's like a lighter. It's like I think it's an exfoliant. Again, I'm not a dermatologist, but it helps with like acne fighting bacteria. And I just don't use actives all the time. So I started skin cycling, which I can do another I can do a full episode on my acne and things like that, and you know, just really researching the things you're using to make sure they don't have poor clogers.
Speaker 1: Now this is for people who get acne, of course, so look.
Speaker 2: Into everything that you put on your face, and even your hair products can cause acne on your cheeks when you're sleeping, and even your pillow cases. I have to change my pillow case every two days otherwise I will break out. So there's a lot, but less is more. So really just strip back the routine and go back to basics and you will honestly have much better skin for it. Now moving on to the next one, which is delete the habit that drains you. Now, for this you can do if you want. You can literally ride out your day step by step, and all your habits you'll do. Like maybe it could be having coffee before breakfast. It could be scrolling first thing in the morning. It could be wine every night. It could be for me working after five. And I want you to put like a plus or minus next to each one. So if something adds to it, gives you energy, makes you feel good, you put a plus next to it. Maybe it's reading, maybe it's having quality time with the kids, whatever it is, put a plus. And then everything that drains you or that you know affects you negatively, put a minus, and I want you to pick just you can pick just one. We're not going to go full ham, but pick one of those habits that have a minus next to it, and I want you to delete that one because again, it has a huge effect. So for me, my big one at the moment is working after five pm. And hey, there is going to be days when you're not perfect, but you will notice a difference. For me, before I started focusing on this five pm one, for me, it was having caffeine before breakfast because it had a ripple effect.
Speaker 1: On my entire day.
Speaker 2: My mood was off, I felt crap, I was getting breakouts from the blood sugar regulation, all of that stuff. So just delete one habit now. This one's probably one of my favorites. Mine is like the color season one in the breakfast one. But number eight. The eighth change I made was I lowered the bar. Now when we set out to do a new routine and things like that, if we overload ourselves with we've got to do this, We've got to do that and absolutely change everything that we already do and have huge high expectations on ourselves. The more friction you have and the more pressure you have, the less likely you're going to follow through with the task. So, for example, I actually talked about this in a episode a couple of weeks ago. But I used to always aim for ten k steps and I never would hit them. So the afternoon would roll around, I was at two k steps. I wouldn't even bother So I rolled it back to six k steps and then I would just go. Then I would get to the afternoon and I was at two k steps, So I'm like, oh, I'll just go for a walk.
Speaker 1: So I closed the.
Speaker 2: Gap between the goal and the reality of what I can do. Now I just want you just to even like again, it's like lowering the bar of the expectations on yourself. So instead of choosing to delete six bad habits, delete one. And the same goes for exercise. If you were like going from no exercise and then you're like, I'm going to go to the gym six days a week, that's a massive gap. Let's just like before you can run, you need to learn to walk.
Speaker 1: So lower the bar. The less friction means actually doing the thing. Now.
Speaker 2: Number nine, Now this is a really really important mindset shift. Now, this is the change I made, is I kept the promises I made to myself.
Speaker 1: Now, this is underneath all of the others. This has honestly got.
Speaker 2: To do with every single one of these things I've talked about, because the real glob is keeping the promises you make to yourself. What people don't realize is that, you know, confidence, self esteem, things like that, they all come from doing the things you said you would.
Speaker 1: Because if you always do the things you said you would.
Speaker 2: You approving to yourself time and time again that you can rely on yourself to follow through. You know, people like it. Technically it's just like discipline, but it's just really breaking it down to sound like you are keeping promises to your best friend. So whether it's like having a big skull of water in the morning, maybe it's gone for a walk, taking your supplements, having your protein. If you prove to yourself that you can do these things and you can trust yourself, that's where you're going to get your confidence from. You're building that self trust to do the things you said you would.
Speaker 1: Honestly, when you think.
Speaker 2: About it self, trust is just a stack of kept promises, it's like, and confidence is just the receipts of these. And you also notice when things get really hard in life, you know, when life throws as curve balls, you being able to have this self trust and this confidence is really going to help you be able to navigate these hurdles as well, because your belief that you can handle your life doesn't come from pep talks or affirmations. It grows from track record, from the evidence that you do the things you said you would. So even with our children like I, you know, with the girls, when they're suffering with things a bit more like anxiety, Like one of the girls has been struggling with school lately with anxiety, and even in the morning, which is actually another episode I'm doing next week, I just tell her to do the hard thing first. And because she does it, she's proving to herself that she can do the things, she can do the hard thing, and she can trust herself that she can handle anything that life throws at her. So her getting to school that day is always so much easier and lucky.
Speaker 1: Last before, our bonus hack.
Speaker 2: Which is actually going to change your life as well, is do something, Just do one thing for you, just one thing. And the rule with this is the outcome doesn't get to be like money or anything like that it's just for you, just for fun. Now look bonus point, I guess for this if it is like, you know, you like to go for walks with your friends or something.
Speaker 1: But do like a hobby.
Speaker 2: Like I want you to think about what did eight year old you love to do or teenage you love to do that she never got to really do, or maybe it's something you've stopped doing a long time ago. It could be reading fiction, it could be you know, sewing, it could be anything.
Speaker 1: So for me, I got.
Speaker 2: Into playing guitar last year and that really this makes me, I don't know, it just makes me feel more creative in my work at home, and it just makes me feel so so calm because as adults we stop having fun. We only do things for a certain outcome, like to make money, to get fitter, to have a cleaner house.
Speaker 1: But we don't do things just because we can.
Speaker 2: And this is where you get to actually celebrate yourself and your younger self and just do the things that you deserve, because like, life is so short, and you know, if we're always just living in our to do list, we're gonna like miss out on the view as well. So it could be you know, paint by numbers. It could be coloring in, it could be reading. It could be like I would love to start a monthly book club. I would absolutely love that.
Speaker 1: But just do one thing that's that's just for you.
Speaker 2: You know, as I said at the start of this pod episode that you know, I got lost in motherhood of you know, just you know, at the end of the day, I would sit down and I'd done everyone else's things, but my own. I didn't do one thing for myself. I didn't even think about myself once. And this is your chance to do, even if it's five or ten minutes a day, to just celebrate yourself and do something for you. All right, So here's a bonus hack that I promised. So this is a way for you to feel put together, even on the most feral days possible, when everyone hates each other and mercury.
Speaker 1: Isn't in Sorry, I always do this.
Speaker 2: I love for my own drug before would say it fuck and mercury is in the microwave again or in bloody the oven. Sometimes now when you are like just really strut for time and you're like, oh, maybe you don't even have time to do your signature hairstyle, I want you to pick two things from the following.
Speaker 1: List makeup, hair or cute outfit.
Speaker 2: Now, if you have two of these things, you will look put together always.
Speaker 1: So think about it.
Speaker 2: A day you don't want to put your makeup on, If you have your signature hairstyle and a cute set on, you're gonna look put together. Or maybe you can't do your hair. You put your hair and up in a barn, and you've got makeup on, You've got.
Speaker 1: A cute outfit. You look put together. You're wearing a potato sack for the day. You do your hair, you.
Speaker 2: Do your makeup, you still look half decent. People might question you, but you still look hot. And this is the thing that will like again. If you do just two things, you'll always look like you're intentional. You'll look like this look is intentional. I'm intentional with why I'm wearing a potato sack today because my head looks great. So when you look at this durable glow up, it's really just about being realistic. We don't want to give up our carbs or our personality. But underneath all of it there is a formula which is less friction less clutter, fewer decisions and more kept promises, which all of this together equals coming home to yourself and celebrating yourself again because you deserve that. Not one thing on that list that I've just told you is actually hard. Okay, maybe editing the wardrobe is debatable, but you can do that in sections. You can start with the tops and then do undies or whatever. And a few of them are literally you doing less on purpose and being less productive on purpose. So here's your challenge from this episode, and I would love if you could please tag me on Instagram and show me what one you picked. But I want you to do just one of these things from the Durable blow Up. You can focus on one per week, and as you do them, they will become habits and you can tick them off. So please just do one thing. Do recommend the protein one. It's just as big to advice because it will do your health a lot of good. But please, yeah, please let me know which one you peek to tag me on Instagram. I'd love to see it, And if you haven't yet, I would love if you guys could leave me a review. It helps me get seen by more people and also subscribe to the show. I love you guys, and I will and I will be in your ears next Monday.
Speaker 1: Bye.