Speaker 1: You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clints here as well, and so how's this guy?
Speaker 2: Our next guesst as a towering defender for the Weston Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: Want to pretty effort for a big man.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Roy, Hello, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning. How you I'm going?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: How's the hamstring?
Speaker 2: Really good?
Speaker 3: Actually we were down by so much that a little bit of tightness in it. And yeah, they just figured they'll take me off just to make sure we're ready for this week.
Speaker 4: All right, wait, just mid question and the desk has started going up to get power.
Speaker 1: Windows. Just got to raise the desk because he's so bloody talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, it was.
Speaker 5: Jeez, it was a toyrit old night there at Kiddineia Park, wasn't it? For the Don's house? How is Sammy Darcy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I've given him a couple of texts and you know, you don't you don't want to send too much because he's obviously going to get bombarded by a lot of messages.
Speaker 2: But yeah, very.
Speaker 3: Disappointing for him. You know, he's such an important part of our team and I'm sure he will go away and you know, attack, he's rehab. Is a very driven player and you know we're going to miss him, but it's a great opportunity for other places.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 5: What did he actually did so he didn't sorry earlier.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's done.
Speaker 3: He's done his AC I don't know how much how many other things he's done around it, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's obviously really disappointed.
Speaker 5: He's had a few knee issues sort of back end of last year as well.
Speaker 4: When you see that happened to someone on the football field, I hate it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not the best part of our game. And you know we're always at risk going out there, and you know, just see it happened to one of your good mates is always disappointing. But I mean we put ourselves at risk every time we go out to see.
Speaker 5: What was interesting was a lot of the commentary post that injury and a lot of people riding off the dogs already. I mean, do you sit back and just sort of have a chuckle at that? I mean, what are around round six?
Speaker 3: I mean we've had a disappointing couple of weeks and a few injuries that we've got now, but you know, we've got guys that are coming through that are ready to come into the team and play their role. And you see teams that win games that have really good role players. So we just got to have guys step up and play their role. But yeah, I mean you're losing Dark. You can't really replace him, but we've got young guys that can come in and you know, compete.
Speaker 4: The Cats are so good down in Geelong, aren't they? And then you see someone like Jeremy Cameron who kicks ten goals? What do you do do you just like, how do you address that at three quarter time? When you're like, how do we stop someone like him? At home?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I'm really good friends with Jazz.
Speaker 3: The first time I played against him, I think I kept him to one goal, and it hasn't.
Speaker 2: Gone the same way the last couple of times. I think I checked him a little bit too much that first time, I got the wood over him.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean it doesn't help when we're not playing well as a team, and you know, the ball when it's coming out the front and coming in quickly, it's really hard to stop someone like that. And he's obviously a very good player. He's been a very good player for a long time, long period of time. I think he's kicking nearly.
Speaker 4: He's a freak.
Speaker 2: He's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And yeah, the way that he just sort of moves, it's really hard, especially when the ball is in space. If we're able to slope down a little bit more, might have helped you guys like Buku and James Donald to not get goals. I mean I think I had one or two kicked on me from him as well, So it is difficult, but I mean it's just you need to you need to play a little bit better as a team and put a live a bit more pressure on the ball.
Speaker 5: So better to have him as a teammate than an opponent, as what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've had him as a teammate for five years and it was always good watching.
Speaker 2: I can sort of do my thing, but yeah, it is definitely better having teammate.
Speaker 1: Do you watch much footing apart from like when you're not playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I watch pretty much every game we go to a game. No, I don't think so. I mean I stand out a little bit too much. You're sitting in the crowd, even just sitting in those seats, they're pretty small for me.
Speaker 2: I haven't gone to us.
Speaker 1: Just sitting there for two hours and watch it.
Speaker 2: Leads are pretty much around my head. So yeah, I like to sit on the couch and watch the game. Hey.
Speaker 5: The other big issue of the weekend revolves around the Carlton Footy Club, who've got a few issues on and off the field. Bailey Smith spoke post match post the Geelong win around the issue of He highlighted men's mental health in the wake of the Elijah Holland Holland's situation. Let's see it from Bailey first and then get your opinion on it.
Speaker 6: There's one thing I want to touch on, which is maybe out of pocket, but just I just wanted out at Dawson Family this week and Elijah Hollands last night.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm out.
Speaker 6: Of pocket saying it, but I think it's about time af I'll get amen's mental health round.
Speaker 1: It just makes you feel.
Speaker 6: Sick during the week and hopefully the AFL community wraps arms around them and we can do something. So yeah, let's put a danner on the week, I suppose, but yes, so there.
Speaker 5: Is an active investigation both at the cart And Footy Club and also at the AFL HQ, who are awaiting a bit of report from the Blues as to what the hell was going on with Elijah Hollands.
Speaker 4: It was hard to watch.
Speaker 5: It was so hard to watch.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: We send him and his family our best thoughts on Bailey's comments and also what you did see. As someone who watches a lot of foot you would have seen that distressing footage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I only watched the first half of that game. Yeah, I saw a couple of little things on TV. But then the next day when I went on TikTok, there was just so many videos of a larger and it is disappointing in a way where you know, people don't know what he's going through. We're under a lot of scrutiny every week, and you know, some people don't realize that we are human beings. And I agree with Baz in the sense that we do need a men's mental health round. I mean, I think we're at that stage where it'd be really good for the game and you know, drawing awareness to it. I mean, there's so many passionate fans, but they have direct access to us now and in our social media. As I've said with myself and others, and you know, it's really hard for some players, like young players to handle the scrutiny. And yeah, we don't know what's going on with the larger but you know, I'm hoping that the club's getting his arms around him.
Speaker 1: You spot on with you don't know what's going on, and like you said, we're waiting for the club to hand down the report and stuff. But it was amazing watching the narrative change over the weekend.
Speaker 4: People assumed and then people got concerned. It definitely changed. But do you think do you think clubs in the AFL do do enough to help you as players and people involved in the AFL manage their mental health.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a we have a full time site that's in every week. But then you know, it's just it is on the player to go on.
Speaker 1: Is it? You know what I mean? Like we work for companies where they're like here's the free you know.
Speaker 4: Or he is right, it is up to the play to go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean me personally, I don't speak to him at all. And you know, I'll see him passing in the hallway and I'll say how you're going and just have a general chat. But I mean I don't go seek out and see him because I feel like I'm always in a good mental space. I mean, I feel like if I wasn't, i'd probably go and talk to him. But some players, you know, probably feel the same like I just want to blow it off. So I mean, it's it's always hard. You don't know, like if they want to speak to someone or they want to seek someone else, and sometimes they feel more comfortable speaking to family and friends, and yeah, it's it's a hard one to sort of grasp on what you could do.
Speaker 4: And there is a lot of support for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, there's definitely you know, where you can sight outside of the football club if you want as well.
Speaker 5: And I'm match day Rory just on that. You know, do you spend a lot of time chatting to your to your teammates in the lead up to a game, because I guess there's a lot of commentary about whether you have more people around the footy club, around the change room at the Blues could have or should have picked up on his state of mind. You know, do you what do you do personally? Do you spend you a sort of a more spend time alone or do you sort of immerse yourself with everyone.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing, Like everyone goes about it differently. You know, there's guys that will sit in the corner and just sort of visualize, Like I'll do that sometimes, but you know, I'm more of that sort of joke around and have a good time before we sort of switch on that last thirty minutes and you know, start getting around each other. But yeah, I mean I don't know if anyone sort of knows the pre game, but like I said, there's guys that sort of zone in and like really focus and don't speak to many people, which, yeah, I've seen lots of people go about it that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you see the MCG yesterday?
Speaker 2: Did you enjoy the Irish jig? Actually didn't get a chance to see this.
Speaker 1: Every time there was a goal, they're getting into it. Look at if the m c c stuffs Ginness, you would about to roll out the Green Hair Brother.
Speaker 5: The affair of goal songs songs after I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't think I have one.
Speaker 1: About you know how like the whole to a young team, they've all got their little celebration move, they'll do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I did say if I do kick a goal, again as a backman. I was going to throw the Kobe Bryant Iso play and I said to the boys, I've actually kicked a goal of the back. I'll do that, and so because I'm running back to the goals, which.
Speaker 2: Is pretty funny.
Speaker 4: I love it. I think it's that stuff going on.
Speaker 5: You're all right, thank you for coming in, no thanks having it's always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: How you got on this week?
Speaker 2: We have Sydney on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Sydney yeah, yeah, because on the sheet Alde alright, well good lucky to say no thank yous and
Speaker 5: Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials