Speaker 1: Appoche production.
Speaker 2: Competition. Time Christmas has come early for a lucky girlfriend for hire listener, I have teamed up with my friends at Censuis to give away a prize of their adult products, including all of my favorites like their Edge Delay Gel and Raging Bull for guys, plus different loubes and my tingly hot fave of Frenzy Extreme Gel for the girls. To have a chance to win this prize pack, simply follow us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts, plus give us a cheeky five star rating. Head to my instagram at Karli Electric one word to find the competition post to comment done. Alternatively, if you are in the closet with listening to this podcast and don't want anyone to know, you can send me a screenshot of your follow and five star rating directly to my DMS. Good luck. This competition will end at midnight on the twenty fourth of November, so get cracking golfriend vie with Calie Electric. This is not a how to guide for people wanting to get into the industry. I don't want people to think that they're going to necessarily learn something here. It's more just a fun and interesting take on the industry, but also just coming from my point of view, I'm sitting down with my producer getting down to the nitty gritty of the sex worker industry. Being a full sex worker at times can be downright and petrifying. So after today's episode, you might want to rethink throwing in the towel and quitting your day job. Welcome back to Girlfriend for Hire. I have had an insanely busy week. It has been one of my busiest weeks on history. A lot of couples, a lot of couples, couple I do, I do, and I have two that I just really want to mention. First of all, I had a couple's booking where the couple were sixty five years old, really sixty five. It was great, had a really good time, lovely people, even probably going to hang out with the lady. Socially, she was great, We're gonna go out for lunch, we'll do like rules, Look what rules? There are no rules. We're consenting adults anyway, So this woman was fantastic. She was amazing. We're gonna do lunch. But just to be booked by sixty five year old woman was just fascinating. I've actually not ever kissed a woman who's sixty five years old, like full tongue like that, were full of personality and really interesting and yeah, so for me it was I've just not you know, often I will get sixty five year old men, but that's not often. That's actually quite rare. But to you know, have sex with a sixty five year old woman was definitely not my bingo card. It really was not something that I was anticipating. But yeah, I just saw them during the middle of the day and it was just fantastic. It was just a GFE.
Speaker 3: So it was just.
Speaker 2: Really lovely, very sensual and you know, doing all of the things.
Speaker 3: GFE is the girlfriend experience for those of Yes, Yeah, so it was just that's to me that it was like a wholesome booking for this older couple obviously, but but she was more involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just really proud of her for stepping out and so she never know her whole life, has kissed a female or been with a female, and just decided that her and her partner it was something that they wanted to try. Good on them. I hope when I'm that age, I'm just getting escorts.
Speaker 4: When you're you're doing more than anyone that I just be doing right now.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, but I kind of pitch when I'm sixty five, I'm just going to be I don't know, home with my two cats and a cup of tea.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, I find that hard to believe that. Yeah, right, And can I ask this it's probably a bit personal, but you say the session was like a two hour booking do older?
Speaker 1: Do older clients last longer than no? No?
Speaker 2: No, the older that you get, the less that it functions properly. Like it's kind of you've had your stint, you know, and it definitely doesn't work as well as it should. But that's fine, that's fine, that's no problem.
Speaker 4: There was something trending this past week and a bit about how long is he expected time to have sex. There was like some surveys that went out and one of the discussions from I heard from a couple of female pundits was guys think that lasting longer is better, but it's not actually the case.
Speaker 2: No, I'm like, you know, ten to twenty minutes. Girl, Like, I don't know. I'm a busy lady. I've got things to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a common misconception. I feel, Yes, think's going to be longer. My girlfriend says, three or four minutes.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're doing well, well, look you'll get there.
Speaker 1: Brutal.
Speaker 4: Well, you're fresh from a lovely little thriesome for this week's episode. That sounds like a really fun story. But this week, what are we talk and we're talking quite the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yes, So these are a few different horror stories that I have been privy to and I just didn't want to make them about, you know, female sex workers being attacked or anything like that. This is quite a broad spectrum of you know, maybe some not so nice things that can happen to you if you're not careful. So anyway, the first one I actually I saw this online. This was a couple of years ago, and it just absolutely scared the shit out of me. And you can only imagine this happening to you and how you would feel. So this female sex worker in Australia, an escort. She took a booking and you know a lot of women don't do the background checks like what I do, or they don't. You know, you don't need a deposit to go and see them, You just turn up. So you can be very anonymous and god, I can't even it's making me sick even thinking about it before I've said it. So, her client rocks up to her doorstep. She opens the door and it is her ex stepfather. So from when she was a little girl, he was her stepfather for a few years, and he was on her doorstep to have a booking with her when she was an adult.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, in what.
Speaker 2: World did he think that this was going to be a good idea? In what world did he think that she was going to be? Like, Hi, Brian Nick, call it in. It's been years, Like, oh man, it's so good to say you. I can't wait to service your penis.
Speaker 1: And like yeah, because it's not like he's mixed it up. It's oh my god, messed up. He's gone. He knows I get that messed up.
Speaker 2: He knows full well who she is. He has contacted her and has just thought that it was a good idea that that this was going to happen. There's absolutely no excuse, and there's no way that he wouldn't have known who she was, Like, there's no way that that would have ever happened. The chance of that happening is so minuscule and so of course what did she do. No, she didn't have sex with.
Speaker 1: Them, obviously did the full service.
Speaker 2: With filming. Now, No, of course she turned him away. And see, a part of me just thinks that it's some weird ploy to just you know, obviously the breakup or something wasn't good, and there's some type of blad blood there and so it was just a you know, just to either rile them up or to get back at the mother for some So that's actually happened, and that just absolutely I can't have a feeling.
Speaker 4: You have a very strict yes, no no mates, no interaction. If I've known you privately, yes, don't even I.
Speaker 2: Have so many boundaries in place, and I talk about them all the time. It would never get to that point. If somebody had paid a deposit and their name is familiar to me because I have their name, There's no way I would just refund their money. There's absolutely no way that I would ever ever ever see someone.
Speaker 1: No think you have you had attempts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah really yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many are we talking?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Just you know, people think that it's a good Oh we've known each other for a while. Sweet, I'll just come book you. No, it doesn't work that way. I'm not going to. I don't I get to choose who I give my body to, and I don't have to do just for money, give my body to somebody just because they think it's a good idea or it's an idea that they've come up with. No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had like a friend's X or something?
Speaker 2: I actually, oh, do you know what? I had confessions on my Instagram a while ago, just like a couple of weeks ago, and I had somebody write in another escort and she said that she booked a client and the client was her partner's best mate, and so she went through with the booking.
Speaker 1: She still did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, holy shit, Yeah that was her confession.
Speaker 4: I get you know what though, it's the friend hot Yeah, Like have.
Speaker 2: You kind of always been like, oh is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I was going to say, because you've spoken about infidelity before the podcast, ethically, it's kind of the same, isn't it? Like what's good for the goose type scenario?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not good at carrying around secrets, and I wouldn't want to carry around a secret like that. That doesn't make me sleep well. At night, and I have to be able to sleep well otherwise I would look like a piece of shit. So yeah, that kind of talking about boundaries does lead into the next story on my list. So the next story on my list is actually something that still gives me nightmares. I'll give a bit of a trigger warning that it does touch on violence against women and sexual assaults, So if that's not your thing, please just for the next couple of minutes, just skip ahead. So why I have so many boundaries in place, and why I talk about them so often, and why I probably have more boundaries in place than most sex workers that I know, And it's because of this one thing that happened to me, which still to this day gives me absolute nightmares. So back when I didn't have strong boundaries and I didn't even you know, know, to search people's names or look up their phone numbers, I hadn't yet learned that because I was still green, I had a man contact me and he wanted to book me for a whole weekend and so that for me is ten K and being green, I was like, whoa, this is the most amount of money that I'll ever make in one time, Like this is insane. I have to do this booking. This is fantastic. I've made it and was talking to him back and forth, and a couple of sex workers at the time that I was talking to I said, look, I've got this guy and once it booked me for a whole weekend, and they were like, look, that's kind of alarm bells because no one books for a whole weekend. And now that I've been in this industry for six seven years, I've never been booked for a whole weekend. It's a fuck load of money. If you've got ten k to spend on a stranger that you don't even know, well then you're really irresponsible and stupid with your money. Nobody's got ten k to just give a random like it's it just doesn't It doesn't happen. So they were like, look, alarm bells. I'm being so excited. I'm starting to pack a bag, I'm getting ready, I'm getting all my lingerie together, and he's still texting telling me to hurry up. And you know, there are all these little like red flags popping up along the way him telling me to hurry up. Okay, you just booked me, and I've got a drive for a few hours to see you, like just little things. It got to a point where a concerned girlfriend in the industry called me and she said, Carlie, stop, I know you're excited. It's a lot of money, but you just need to just get a deposit off him. Just tell him if he's got ten k to give you, he's got money in the bank, A one hundred dollars deposit to confirm his identity is important. And if he can't pay that one hundred dollar deposit to you for you to even just cover your fuel for that drive, well, then what is he hiding? And do you want to see somebody who is not being for coming like that I asked for. I told him, okay, I'm about to jump in the car. Can you please just transfer one hundred dollars. I'll be able to put feel in my car. And he very aggressively told me that there's no way in hell that he would transfer me one hundred dollars, that he had the ten k in cash sitting waiting for me. He sent me a picture of this ten k in cash, and I just there's something. I actually had my bag loaded in the car and I was in the driver's seat on my car and I sat there and I just took a deep breath and I thought, this doesn't feel right. I don't think I can do this without him transferring me one hundred dollars. It's not a lot. If you've got a lot of money, like you say you have, one hundred dollars is nothing. It's just covering my petrol so I can get there to you. We're going to spend the whole weekend together, like everything will be fine. Just please, here's my account details. Just transfer me a hundred bucks. No, started becoming really aggressive, really abusive, really foul, and I took my bag out of the car and I went back inside and that was the end of That was the end of that. Fast forward a couple of days, if not maybe nearly a week, and a report came through that a sex worker had traveled out to see this man and he had actually kidnapped her and kept her hostage for a couple of days. And I won't go into full detail of what he did to her, but she just made it out of life just she was actually so lucky that she survived the ordeal. But that's not something that you can I think come back from what she endured over those forty eight hours gives me nightmares. That could have been me, And I'm so aware that that could have been me. I could have been that girl, and then what would have happened to me? What would my life be like now? What would it going through something like that? I just I can't even comprehend. And so it was from that day onwards that I put all the measures that I have in place now that I feel like keep me safe.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I hear from people all the time, while it's your chose to do this job, you could just go do something else, do something safer, you don't have to interact with people. I enjoy what I do and I love my profession, but I have now got everything in place. So this knock on word, the likelihood of this happened to me is now so slim because I know exactly who I'm seeing, and you know, I've done their checks and you know they come through with flying colors, and they're the people that I see. I feel very lucky, and I'm very aware that you know, scenarios like this do happen to sex workers, and I find it absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 4: It's kind of crazy to have had that experience and then still be like, I'm going to keep in the industry.
Speaker 2: Well, people do say that, people like just go find a normal driving.
Speaker 1: That close call.
Speaker 4: But and I mean you've spoken about this on the pod before, but like you have qualifications in another role. Yeah, but the idea of like anyone kicking up is think about the idea of a deposit. And it makes so much sense why almost every week you bring up the idea of you using deposits to lock in bookings. I mean, you wear a hard hat when you're on a construction site. Yeah, you got oh and s rules in every other job.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So this guy was using numerous bona phones, numerous fake aliases and identities without having a deposit being paid. Well, then he could just be anyone. And so unfortunately this woman has turned up and you know the thing is that he potentially thought that she didn't have anything to tie him back to. However, of course his DNA led actually went to jail for this, and he was in jail for years and years and years. This happened quite some time ago, and he's just gone out.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it is something that that I'm just so hyper aware of and it's why I do the background checks on everybody that I see. And when a guy is like, oh, I don't want to give him my idea or I don't want to pay a deposit, I'm like, cool, see you later. I'm not going to argue with you to try and get a deposit out of you. If you don't want to pay it, fine, So yeah, I'm not putting myself. Yeah, nope, not gonna happen. I know, I know, And it's something that I've thought about and I didn't know if I wanted to speak about it. It's it's not it's not nice. It's not nice. And I think we all try so hard to normalize our industry when you know, at the same time there are things happening in the background which are fucking terrifying, terrifying. And yeah, so anyway, here we are, Well.
Speaker 1: We'll move from a pretty hectic look.
Speaker 2: It gets lighter, I swear it gets lighter.
Speaker 4: No, and that's but you know, it's real, and that's the whole point of the part, isn't it. But you know, it's not just with clients that you can kind of get in trouble.
Speaker 1: There's the law as well. In this kind of role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I didn't want the horror stories just to all be about you know, violence against women, Like I don't think that that is a road that I want to just make a whole episode about it. There are so many things in this industry that can be terrifying from both sides, for clients and for sex workers. Oh my gosh, So I had a client. This was a couple of years ago and here in Brisbane actually, so the laws have just changed in Queensland prior to the first of August just this year. Prior to that, there were entrapment laws in Queensland, So the Queensland Police had a full division just to entrap punters and sex workers potentially doing the wrong thing in Queensland and you would be fined and hauled before a judge.
Speaker 1: It's actually so what they would pose as clients.
Speaker 2: Yes, they would either pose as clients for sex workers to try and catch sex workers out offering the wrong thing or saying the wrong thing in their advert and you know, just trying to catch them unawares. So say in a case where this would happen, So say you're the female is offering natural sex, no condoms, very illegal quested for all the bloody time. And so if she says yes that she will provide a no condom service and the cop turns up and money changes hands, she then is arrested and put before a judge for you know, whatever things that she's done wrong, and she can get a get on the prostitution charge which will be on her record forever and she'll be on the sex offenders registry.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you this, Yes, the legalities around your profession because you say prostitution charge, but that's the job exactly.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like to be like, you're charged with prostitutions and what is it that you do for a living?
Speaker 1: Well, I work in prostitution.
Speaker 2: Thank you? Okay, okay. I love this because I love the realization that you're having right now as a normal civilian. And these are the battles that sex workers face. Our job is legal, but if you slip up or do one little thing wrong or get caught out for anything that isn't within the law, you can be hauled before a judge. In your job. If you make a mistake, you might get I don't know, into trouble from HR and a slap on the wrists, or they might you know, fire you from your job, or you might just have you know, a meeting with your boss. But in my industry, if you slip up, it can mean being put on the sex offenders Registry.
Speaker 4: The sex offenders Registry, yes, like notify the neighbors Karlie Electric lives.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. But see, this is why everybody has worked so hard for decriminalization in Queensland to peel back a lot of those really archaic, outdated laws. And so they all came through on August first. There's no more entrapment, there's no more task force, there's you know, a lot of the really like we couldn't even I wasn't allowed to be in another hotel room with another escort. That was illegal, and if we got caught in the same hotel room, boom off to court.
Speaker 4: Really yes, so that that means you couldn't do this, You couldn't do the team up sessions exactly.
Speaker 2: And you couldn't or you couldn't you know, get a hotel split the costs with somebody. Essentially, they wanted to keep us singular, but that also keeps us not safe. There were a lot of a lot of really bad laws, but they all got repealed, thankfully. Yeah, d Krim for Queensland came through. So Queensland has now caught up with a lot of the other states. So on the taxi line to get a cab home and he's absolutely maggot. A nice girl talking to him, strikes up a conversation. He's like, oh, she's hot, like full talking to him and he's into it. And she's like, oh, hey, by the way, like if you want to come with me, I'm an escort, Like I'll only chat to you one hundred dollars and he was like hell, yes, yep, yep, let's go. Boom. She arrests him. She was undercover. It was in put before a judge and he actually got convicted, and so he got put on the second fender's registry. And he said that it impacted He's like, I'm just a normal guy. I dunk and she was like standing there to me a hundred bucks. He's like fuck yeah. Like he's like I didn't even think twice. It's like the way that it impacted his life was so huge. He couldn't live near schools.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, you can't work with children, you can't get a blue cart.
Speaker 4: In this state, you wouldn't be allowed within certain ranges of not just schools, but like playgrounds.
Speaker 1: And that.
Speaker 2: Also having to disclose it constantly. He's like, I had to always disclose it if I started a new job or something like that. He's like, I had to disclose this often, and that to me is absolutely terrifying. That is a horror story. Your whole life being derailed because of this entrapment happening so innocently, and.
Speaker 1: Now you can't.
Speaker 4: But also, if there's one thing I've learned sitting here with you, Cali, is that's not how sex workers work.
Speaker 1: Wow, they're not catching up with you in.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. But that's just I don't know. See that to me is just a really old school like they saw this on Lauren Ora or the movies or something like. It makes no sense to me whatsoever that this is how that they would how they would do that. I'm sure there are women who are working from the street. I don't know any personally. I'm not sure that it even still happens, Like that's probably really naive for me. It probably is still happening. But yeah, poor poor guy, poor guy, I think he said that he just thought that it was a bit of a farce and that it would get thrown out of court because he didn't do anything wrong, and I think he even represented himself and I don't think it went very well. Well obviously not it didn't. So yeah, not great. But those laws now don't exist in Queensland, so you're all good drunk guys in taxi line.
Speaker 4: Anyone in the taxi line now belsh.
Speaker 2: So on another note, there was this is a big kafuffle that happened a few years ago and it really played out online for everyone to see. It was sometimes sex workers can be full of drama, very full of drama. We're all we're all really thinking, we're all small business owners, and everybody thinks that they're fighting for the same men. But you know what, half the world is full of men. Believe me, they're every why and so I just don't think that we need to, you know, have the fighting that that used to be around. Like there was a few years ago. It got so bad that there was an escort, you know, on tour and she had checked into her hotel and put a cute pickup of her in her hotel room. A rival sex worker saw online and worked out what hotel she was staying in, and she phoned the hotel reception and the police to let them know that they had a sex worker operating from their hotel and that this is what her name was. What happens mid client, full police riot team turn up to arrest her and the client. Yeah, this is stuff of nightmares. This is oh god, I can't even imagine how awful for her. But also as a client, you're just like, you're just trying to have some intimacy and you know, have a good Friday AVO and yeah, and have a full police team to arrest the two of you. She got put before a judge for that one. I'm not too sure what the outcome was. I how feeling it got thrown out and was dismissed. But that for me, oh god, it makes my skin crawl.
Speaker 1: Have you had many encounters with the police.
Speaker 2: Nah, I've called the police mid I've called the police midbooking, mid booking. Yeah, yeah, that was actually here on the Gold Coast. I was mid booking and I could hear next door a woman being slapt around by her partner and he was screaming at her, saying that he was going to kill her, and she was crying and you could hear stuff being thrown around and you could hear her being hit or you know, being pushed around. And I just looked at my client and I was like, I'm so sorry, I have to call the police right now. And he was like, no, no, that I understand. This is like it was like I don't know, two pm on like Wednesday or something. But I just gave them their room number and I could just kind of like that. I did my bit, but no, the police came to get a statement. So the police arrived. I was just across the road from the police station, and police arrived only a couple of minutes later. But I was with a client. So I am in a robe and he's in a robe looking like he wants to absolutely die.
Speaker 1: Going to say let the client leave.
Speaker 2: Cops. Well he didn't want. He paid for like a few hours and this was like, honestly, well, I said to him, I was kind of well, we didn't know. I didn't know that the police were just going to come straight for me. And so it was only a couple of minutes and then police were at my door.
Speaker 1: Could you have gotten in trouble for doing what you were doing.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: No, that was so when they said what are you doing?
Speaker 2: No, they were kind of like, ah, like, look at the both of us having some sexy time and you know, mid afternoon on a Wednesday. And so yeah, my client looked like he wanted to absolutely leave the planet.
Speaker 4: After you gave your statement, did you guys get back into the session.
Speaker 2: It was so hard. It was hard for like, I think that who knows. Look, I never heard from him. I never heard from it ever. Again, it was hard for me. I've my brain just wasn't in it. I should have I should have just yeah. Look in hindsight, I should have stopped the booking and just yeah. But I didn't realize what it was that it was going to be like that they were going to come to talk to me straight away and they wanted to train here through the wall into their Oh it was.
Speaker 1: It must be so crazy for a client.
Speaker 4: When you think about and I don't know what majority of your clients are probably more confident, well versed in what they're about to do. Would you say more people come in confident and ready or more people nervous.
Speaker 2: They're all nervous and petrified.
Speaker 4: So when you think about how nerve wracking it must be for some of them, whether they're like a part like they have a partner in their in fidelity or it is it is.
Speaker 2: And then you have cops turn up and say Gold Coast is a small place, like yeah, you know to be a business owner, like he was a small business owner on the Gold Coast, Like people obviously know who he is. Look, he may never see a sex worker ever.
Speaker 4: Again, I mean, like you just have this one experience. Ye, well that's a sign that I should not be doing this. Oh my god, Yeah, you know. I mean it's confirmed all my suspicions because I'd imagine someone booking a sex worker, they would go through all of the awful things that could happen. Yeah, in this session, my partner finds out what if there's a fire and now I'm out on the street, and like all these kind of scenarios for one of them to happen to apply, I feel like that person is lost to the industry now forever.
Speaker 2: They're Yeah, they're absolutely done. Look, these were some of the scarier stories that I've been carrying around, and at times they do give me nightmares and make me rethink my whole existence. So look, maybe you know, just put all your ducks in a row and think twice about what you're doing. There are very real consequences to this industry sometimes. On next week's episode of Girlfriend for Hia, we are going to get into what's been very controversial in the media at the moment. OnlyFans, content creators, and schoolies. I have a bit to say about that, So I'll talk to you then