Speaker 1: On to every sixty rugul league from every angle, join again. The great good and tallis has been the jas James Hooper and Dave rick yal And what a huge game it's going.
Speaker 2: To be tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: It is the Dogs taking on the Panthers right here on Fox League. Big for the Panthers, the Panthers chasing a top eight spot and possibly the unlikely five peet and it starts tomorrow And I Gordy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was so close to writing them off.
Speaker 4: But they've back in the eight and they they went over the ditch and had a great winn. And now it's the Dogs one verse eight and it we couldn't script it any better.
Speaker 5: Epic game and a lot of different subplots. You're at Cameron Serraldo up against Divan Cleary, got the ex Panthers in the Bulldogs side. Now in Stephen Crichton kick out Burton. Big job for Penrith. Well, they have got a relatively I'm not going to say easy, but they can do it. I don't think they can win enough games to finish in the top four, but I definitely think they're finishing in the top eight.
Speaker 6: I think I was with you Gordy.
Speaker 7: Besides, you just about to right them off, just put a big red line through them. But they've fixed their defense because that was their problem early doors. They were leaking points like Panther sides we haven't seen in recent times. And they've fixed that. They're right back on track. And this is a really important game for the Dogs to show where the dogs are at. But as far as the Panthers are concerned, absolutely, they can not only make the eight, they can go all the way.
Speaker 6: They could be that first team to win it outside the fall.
Speaker 2: And this is their run home.
Speaker 1: As you can see, they've got the Bulldogs, Buy Eels, Rabbit, Os, West, Tigers, Titans, Knights, Storm and their last three of the Raiders, Dogs and Dragons. So it's quite the tough run home. They've got the Dogs twice, they've got the Raiders, they've got the Storm.
Speaker 2: We just saw the numbers before this.
Speaker 1: They've got to win six out of ten on average. They've got to win six out of ten to make the top eight.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't back against it, No, you wouldn't be brave enough. The guys.
Speaker 8: They're making the top eight.
Speaker 5: They're making the top eight from where they are now. Six out of ten to ten. No chance you'd think.
Speaker 1: They would, right, But it confirms to me how important this game is tomorrow night. If they lose, that turns into six from nine. Yeah, so you know that's that makes it a lot tougher, right, So they would be putting all their eggs into the basket for the tomorrow night's game. And the dogs for them, they've got a point to prove. Are they as good as what everyone's saying they are? You know, they come up against a team that have won four premierships, who are on the rise, and it could solidify how good they are going and where they stand in his competition this year.
Speaker 3: And the battle off the field is intriguing as well.
Speaker 4: You've got Serrouto up against Ivan Gus up against his old club, and the Penrith Boys playing against Penwouth Boys.
Speaker 1: Basically, I was coach Kevin Serroudo won't be rushed when it comes to finding a permanent spot for the prize signing of Lachlin Gallon.
Speaker 9: I think what we've done really well over the last period is just take it one week at a time, nothing too far ahead. That's all I've done. This week, we've got to buy to refresh, and he's been brilliant. He just says whatever, you know, I'm ready to go, And it's the type of people we want here. Probably got Plan A, Plan B, Plan so again, but you know he's there. It's a bit of insurance for our backs and his plan.
Speaker 10: Possibly the using the lead in that heels game where it comes on a behalf and Toaby.
Speaker 8: Goes to Ninemen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, possibly, can't say too much, fat it's good that we've just yeah, we've got guys fighting positions and guys that can play a number of positions and play different number of different roles and do what's best for the team.
Speaker 1: Bulldog's cash Cameron Serroudo as usual, not giving much away. But what are they going to do with Lachlin Galvin and when are they going to do it?
Speaker 5: I think he finishes up in the number seven Jump a breath, But I think the reason Siro is holding his cards tight is because they've got to get through this state of origin period. They're going to lose a number of players back into the new South Wales side, most likely Matt Burton, even though he doesn't make the final seventeen for the Blues. So they need to keep Toby sext and happy and to do that, and in fairness to Taby, his form war and Sid's good enough, but he does hold his position in the site at the moment. But I think one state of origin is finished, then I think he has to make the hard, long call. It'll be Burton at six and it'll be Galvin et Ceca.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree, and probably more immediately this game tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: I think it is fluid.
Speaker 7: You know, we saw it in that in the most recent performance that Galvin.
Speaker 6: Played where he came on and Reid Marty.
Speaker 7: Was taken from the field. We spoke about at that time. Reed was actually surprised that it unfolded that way. Toby Sexton was surprised that he went to nine at the time.
Speaker 6: And I think it's the same again tomorrow.
Speaker 7: I think it's how the game is going and how Galvin gets into the game. But long term, and even at some point this season, Galvin will be starting in the halves. He is the future of the Bulldogs in the halves, and unlike Toby Sexton, who hasn't got a contract next year. And that's the bottom line.
Speaker 1: It is a unique situation where a club that is coming first, is still experimenting with what's going to be the best formula heading into the finals and to possibly make you run at the premiership.
Speaker 2: It doesn't happen too often.
Speaker 4: No, but that's a luxury and you think like we're guessing, but you think that's whoever's playing better out of the nine and seven, the other one gets the hook like it's pretty simple, like when you're sitting in the coaches box. But someone's feelings is going to get hurt.
Speaker 5: The other interesting thing around the whole halves can under Im Gordy is Toby Sexton has been the starting halfback for the Bulldogs for the entire season they lead the premiership, has played his form warrants selection in the side. But what I find interesting is he's been off contract for the entire season and his manager keeps yapping about all these other contracts and several clubs a million dollar offers.
Speaker 8: It's all waffle.
Speaker 5: There isn't Actually we're yet to see another club formerly table and offer for Toby.
Speaker 8: So that probably tells you.
Speaker 1: What hasn't any club sign him? And is there any offers on the table?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I don't think there are, and that's my point, that's my point is that as good as he's playing, and as much as he's held his gloves up and posted above his weight this season, I think the fact that other clubs haven't been forthcoming with offers showsure that they're obviously also serned something else in Toby's game that they're not entirely sold on.
Speaker 1: It's incredible that the harsh reality for Toby could be that he's played the whole season at seven, as a dominant seven, leading the competition, he could finish a new South Wales Cup.
Speaker 8: Well, that is the reality.
Speaker 5: That is what will happen once they get through the state of origin period.
Speaker 7: There is also there is also the chance that he stays there and they continue to use Lachlan Galvin as an X factor from the bench. Both did you not win a camp with Jonathan Thurston on the bench who.
Speaker 6: Played it, who was very much.
Speaker 3: Not comparing.
Speaker 2: It's a possibility, but an.
Speaker 3: Ex factor from the bench, but they're not going to do that.
Speaker 6: I don't think they'll do it, but it's not out of the realms of possibility.
Speaker 5: Hoop, No, I don't think it happens. I think they bought Galvin. I think they've the conversations with Galvin that he will be wearing the seven jumper and I think, provided everybody gets through after the state of origin period without injury concerns, Galvin's wearing the number seven jumper.
Speaker 7: I think if no contract offers come for sext and from rival clubs, I wouldn't be shocked if the Dogs still keep it, try and keep him for one year on a cheap deal.
Speaker 5: Well, he does in fairtasy forms. He deserves to be a great Yeah, yeah he does.
Speaker 2: He really does.
Speaker 1: And it's just it really is fascinating. I hope we're wrong. I hope he does play in the team. I hope he does continue to be in that side, whether it's in the starting team or off the bench. I'd love them to use him and reward him for the hard work he's put in and the success he's had under pressure and a key position when no one really gave him a chance.
Speaker 2: It says a.
Speaker 5: Lot about the respect and the buy and that Camra Torado's got from that Bulldogs group. That Reidmarty wasn't happy the other week, Toby Sexton might not be happy in a couple of weeks once it all shakes out, but he's still we all got them all dilled in and invested in winning games. Tomorrow is huge if they front up, and I think it'll be a tight game.
Speaker 8: If they get another win.
Speaker 1: That's a big statement, huge for a number of reasons for both clubs, the Hoops the Seagles. Now you've done a bit of Dan today or throughout the week about them and where they sit at the moment, and apparently they are.
Speaker 2: Quite frustrated with DC and he's.
Speaker 1: Lack of I would say, I don't know to it to make a decision here and to tell everyone what's actually going on, who's playing for next year and how long that is and all the rest of it.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, if I was Manly Braith, I think they've got to make the tough decision and the hardline decision. They need to take the captaincy off daily Cherry Evans and make Jake Traboyovitch the leader of that club because he's the spiritual leader. Anyway, there's all sorts of factionalism and infighting at the moment, and yes, from what I can gather, I think in those seven minute speed dating egg tim meetings that went on last while the reviews. I think that Anthony Sebold did speak daily about moving like just ending the distraction, because he's getting asked about.
Speaker 1: It at ever, so it has Seabel gone to DCE and said, mate, we've had enough.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he said we've had enough said. I think he said words to the effect of we think it would help the group, the team and the club if we could draw a line under it and we had some clarity right and that everybody can actually try and get our season. Well, he hasn't been forthcoming as he because we haven't heard anything about it. He's going to the Roosters, we all know that, but he still doesn't want to for whatever reason, he wants to go on with the game.
Speaker 3: Fellows.
Speaker 7: This is the situation the way I saw it when all this broke in and around DC's contract. At the time, I was a firm believer that DC needed to stand down from the Queensland State of Origin team to not only prove to the wider public but also every single manly fan that he was invested in trying to win this premiership for the Seagulls. Now he didn't do that, which is absolutely justifiable on his behalf.
Speaker 6: We've then see him drop from the Queensland Origin team.
Speaker 7: His form has never been the same this season, ever since the contract saga, and now we have this situation where the club is having internal talks about stepping away from the captaincy. How this has been handled has been nothing short of shambalic.
Speaker 2: Really, you mean.
Speaker 7: The entire situation from day one on and until now with still no clarity around DC's future.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculously been shambalic from.
Speaker 6: Club.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I would argue that, yeah, in relation to this is a you know one, he's a club legend. And how it's got to this point in time to hoops Hoops's development that they're having discussions about stripping of the captaincy now, I mean, but they shouldn't be happy happening, but collegend halfway through?
Speaker 1: So who should have made the call? Man Like, should DC have said months ago where he was going? Or should the club the club presty months ago and made him make that decision, or they've.
Speaker 7: Used kid gloves on DCE to try and propel him through this year.
Speaker 6: That's what I believe. It's back for anything, and it as well clearly the.
Speaker 5: How other harsh reality is it could well end up costing Anthony so Bold his second coming as an NRL coach, because they need to win Friday night against the West Tigers, and they need to back it up again the following week at Brookvale in front of their home crowd at four points against South Sydney.
Speaker 8: If they suffer two bad losses, I.
Speaker 5: Think the drums are beating and I think that mainly may Well make a tough decision.
Speaker 1: The perception is that some of the players are off the coach and some of the players were off each other.
Speaker 2: Is that true? Is there any truth to that?
Speaker 5: I think a lot of that's true. I don't think I've said it previously on R three sixty. I don't think Jake traboy Itch and Daily Cherry Evans since Daily's decision. I don't think Jake's a massive fan of Anthony Seabolt at the moment. I think Toddy's struggling with him to a degree after being shifted to the centers and the review that he had last week. And they're not the lone Rangers either, Like, it's not a good setup.
Speaker 1: What you just said to me, it sounds horrible and it probably explains why they are where they are now, it feels like it's like they've got to go backwards. They go forwards here like this is a bit of a mess. Like even if they get rid of the coach, if you know the players, if they're off for each other and on the same page too, that's an issue in itself. You need you probably need a new leadership kept to come in and just what the slate plant like.
Speaker 5: I'd say a bit of a mess As an understatement, I would say it's toxic at the moment.
Speaker 8: Yes to your question about leadership.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm saying they've got a daily As much as he's been a great servant for Manly, he's been well paid at the same time, but he's done them a disservice this year with the way their season has completely imploded based on his decision. We've never been told the truth. We've never been told the real reasoning. I know there's no problem with the coach, there's no problem with the management. No, no, there's no problem with offers or anything like that. I've just decided it's my decision on going in.
Speaker 8: A different direction.
Speaker 5: It'll come out at some point, but it has completely derailed and destabilized the Seagle season.
Speaker 8: And I don't know he needed to grow up.
Speaker 3: So once he made no one knew what happened before that.
Speaker 4: But once he made the decision, he's got to come out and just own it, and then I think everybody would move on. Has this affected Tommy Turbot? Is there pressure on the club now to sign the legend even though he's moved to center. Is there pressure on Manly to get some good news?
Speaker 7: I think the move to center actually delays the negotiation phase of resigning Tommy Travoivitch. If we think back to about three or four weeks ago, there was certainly discussion at that time to push forward and try and resign Tommy on a new.
Speaker 6: Deal we've spoken about here on the show.
Speaker 7: But now that he's moved to center, why a man why would Manly or for that matter, why would his management rush too Manly to re sign based on the fact that he if he's a center, he's not earning fullback money going forward.
Speaker 3: But he can still earn Tommy money.
Speaker 7: Tommy, well, depending on how this goes, Gordy had center, he's influenced. Well, Look, clearly, we know he's capable of having an influence, but that positional change could delay negotiations, No doubt.
Speaker 1: I think you'll get overs because of the time he's put in there and the player that he is, he'll get more than the usual story. So you know he's not going to get He'll get a lot less than he would have fall back, but he's going to get more, a lot more than the average center you would think, right or not.
Speaker 5: I think the styler like that Tommy is and the service that he's already given the club, he'll understand that. He understands the stage that he's at. He's twenty nine now. I've seen him interview this week and he's saying all the right things and he's putting up a brave front. I thought the CEO Tony Mestrov probout a little bit of a loose carry last week when he came out and said Sebes is safe at this point, and then he's tried to wind it back and hit reverse and smother it up this week with the no, no, that's not right. He'll be our coach until the end of twenty six, twenty seven. Well, I just don't see that upening.
Speaker 1: Just off the back of that, the sea Bowl succession plan he's micking a fat compleee or are there others in the mix?
Speaker 5: I don't think mis a fader comploye, not that manly certainly haven't had those conversations over the course the last twelve months.
Speaker 8: I think there's a push from.
Speaker 5: The old boys for ex players like Chad Randall, who's doing a very good job at Canterbury Banks down at the moment under Cameron Surreldo started his coaching career at the Seagulls, and also Matt Ballen who's up at the Bronco.
Speaker 4: And just as this question, what why are clubs doing their work in the dark and you watch Brisbane, it's a big brand. They could have opened it up, wouldn't you think, mainly with the club that they are if they're going to get rid of Anthony sid but don't you open it up to see who comes out of the woodwork.
Speaker 1: I don't like the different factions of old boys suggesting this or putting this person forward, like as a leadership group, as a board, be professional and seek every option you possibly can and do as much research as you can to see who is the next best coach and who would be best fitted and suited to our club, and what do we need in the coach that's going to bring out the best in us instead of our all he's an old boy, you played for us, Yep, we want that.
Speaker 2: That doesn't always work.
Speaker 7: At a lot of clubs know what they want and they just go get the coach they want. They know what their club and character is about, what they stand for, what style of coach makes this ticket our club, and they go get them. We saw it happen with the Bulldogs wanting Cameron Serata. We saw it at the Sharks wanting Craig Fitzgibbon. They know what they want mainly should know who they.
Speaker 6: Are, they are and what they want.
Speaker 1: Historically, some clubs just go for the new shiny toy or the biggest and best and whatever it may be, but it may.
Speaker 2: Not suit their club. It's like players, it's what players.
Speaker 1: Are going to fit into your group as well, and what's going to bring out the best of the guy next to him and the coaches similar well.
Speaker 5: In fairness, Camera Tororodo was the best shorty toy when Gusts signed him at the Bulldogs, but the first season that he had coming in as a defensive coach, and I think they looked seven hundred and fifty. It was a record number of points that at that stage, I think the jury was still out there.
Speaker 11: But he grew, He took Max to the roster, inherited, made hard decisions, done the work, you know, And it comes back to the coaches that have put the prep in, done the work, had the experience of success and failure, seen at first hand, worked under the best coaches in the game, know how to deal with stress and know how to deal with, you know.
Speaker 1: All the tough things as well as the success that comes with the coach. And I'm not putting I'm not saying don't go with Randall or Balance, you know, I don't. I don't really know much about them as coaches. I think they're doing great things. I'm just it's more than just your old boys going all right.
Speaker 5: Well, he's an ex well on that point about elboys, I think historically Manly has always been a club riddled with factionalism and in fighting. And when Tony Mestrov came in, he made some really hard decisions and from an outside point of view, it actually looked as though it might have settled down.
Speaker 8: And when the Seagles are going well.
Speaker 5: When they're making finals that they were last year and they won Week one, the noise goes away. But the minute that the losses start the mount and especially when you're losing your sides like Newcastle, the Gold Coast and with respect Paramatta, well, all hell breaks loose.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: Despite signing is the Tigers chief playmaker Jerome Leway, he is happy to hand the seven jersey to Latu Feinu this week.
Speaker 10: Seen glimpses sixteen little bits here and there, but he hasn't played eighty minute yet, which is what I'm excited about. How you can impact the game for eighty He's sped forty here and there. But I think he's also excited to take the field in that starting seven. I've got full belief in him and what he can do and what he can bring to our team. And I think I'm just excited because he's king to get out there, strut his stuff and just beat him do what he does.
Speaker 1: Dram There signed to the Tigers to be the main man, but now looks like he's going to be happy to take a back seat to Fayner, who has got a lot of potential and could be the next half back long term?
Speaker 2: How do you guys see this?
Speaker 5: I like it if you look at what Fayner was able to do for the West Tigers.
Speaker 8: They trailed sixteen zil against Cambro.
Speaker 5: He came on playing in a middle forward ball, playing thirteen style of a role and he helped turn the game. Ultimately, it led to the young bloke five eight being pulled off and he finished up playing the five eighth role. But I mean leui. He signed with the West Tigers. He wanted to be batman. He wanted to be the main man. Has it worked well off the back of five losses? Isn't he a better five eight? Is a better six than he is a seventh? So I think it's good on Benji Joey. I noticed Joey Johns said it over the course of the last week and whether Benji heard it or not, and clearly he's decided to make that better.
Speaker 8: Vision is a great Robin of.
Speaker 3: Paris, wasn't it was?
Speaker 7: I hope he has as much influence because you're paying him a lot of money to sit outside a rookie halfback.
Speaker 6: So look, Tim will tell.
Speaker 4: But half backs are half backs and then they can run the show. And I think it took away and I thought that when he let Glvin run the show bed and then you know, I think Lola is better. He's he's better second option. He's a very good players and then.
Speaker 8: He was.
Speaker 5: Off the field and pay what they had to pay to get. Yeah, And I think in the long run it will be a good signing.
Speaker 8: But it's the best move.
Speaker 2: For the club.
Speaker 1: We've had a tough year with Galvin and all that situation. It's hard to have stability under those circumstances. Talent of Silver begins meeting rival clubs already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's already met with Todd Payton at the Cowboys, some roles at Paramatta. I think he met with Anthony Sob at Manly today. This is a bit of a tough one break. I think this Tiger's local junior young gum will be out the door before June thirty. So I think this gets done. Yeah, in the next Well, it's got to be done by Monday, doesn't it. So I think he's still got.
Speaker 8: To gonment with the Knights.
Speaker 1: Front at this point or not that I'm aware the Yels Okay, ye, so well, the Tigers just let him go.
Speaker 5: I think they are going to let him go Gordon, and it's not particularly I don't like it, but.
Speaker 8: Happy Christ their captain.
Speaker 6: Can you like it?
Speaker 8: No, you can't.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 5: Happy he's there, he's their captain. They want to extend Ben. She's got to win games in the short term.
Speaker 4: Now, you're a Tiger's man. If I asked, is tell him better than happy right now?
Speaker 8: Not right now?
Speaker 3: No, but in eighteen months he's probably.
Speaker 4: Going to be he could well or twelve months, yeah, eighteen months.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, he's the future of the West Tigers.
Speaker 3: Yep, well he could have.
Speaker 2: He's not now.
Speaker 8: He's not now. He him unlucky gather. We've got a bit of the future of the West Tigers. Ye, that's out here.
Speaker 1: Is he's joined the list that we've concocted in our lab back cave, the lab Mitch Moses. These are the Goodbye Tigers, Tigers that debut but lost to other clubs. Mitchell Moses, James Deska and Woods, Ryan Papanous and Josh Hado, Carlochland Galvin and our talent is silver.
Speaker 3: I had because you left the club as well.
Speaker 2: When I left, they went downhill.
Speaker 3: That's a fair bit of talent.
Speaker 12: There.
Speaker 8: It was a kick in the guts back then.
Speaker 5: This is a this is an absolute kick in the guts for Tigers members and fans now because there's been so many false dawns at that club over.
Speaker 8: The course of the last decade.
Speaker 5: Off the back of three wooden spoons, the local juniors are something that they give you a bit of hope and they give you a bit of belief and you want to think that you look at the stronger clubs. The Panthers are the best example. They've got the biggest junior nursery. They arm off the back of that procession one and for the Tigers to just continually get boat to the punch in that respect, it's.
Speaker 8: A tough pill to swallow.
Speaker 1: The Ones for me is a little bit of a tough one though, because Talon didn't want to play with Appy and wasn't willing to sort of see out another year or so playing underneath him, right, So they've had to make a call on it.
Speaker 2: And it's not a simple call though, Gordy, I know you maybe think it is.
Speaker 7: I think it is, and I say it with the greatest respect to Appy and an absolute superstar of the game and what he brings to the West Tigers now and and second to that is how important he is for Benji.
Speaker 6: Let's not beat around the bushy.
Speaker 7: He's super important to Benji surviving long, longer term than his current contract at the West Tigers. But your future is your future and this kid is a local journe of the West Tigers.
Speaker 6: So his trajectory is like that. He currently has four NRL clubs chasing him and Appy He's.
Speaker 3: Not a bad player, man, He's not a very good.
Speaker 1: And I'm not I'm not arguing with you guys, but you three would have got rid of Corus out before the SILVERA Is that right?
Speaker 8: No, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: What about the line? What about so you can have him? But it's on the line. I'll tell you what's really got Harry Grant on the line is.
Speaker 5: When you look at the Melbourne Storm. Let's look at Melbourne Sale. When I had Cameron Smith and Harry Grant. They found a way to make that work. And you see at the stronger clubs at this point in time, the way the competition set up, the teams that are down the bottom are just getting better.
Speaker 8: Over all the time.
Speaker 2: In Melbourne with all their top talent in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: They the players want to be there, so they're happy to be patient and they're happy to wait their turn and.
Speaker 2: They probably going extra.
Speaker 1: You I've got it with Joan Peasant, happy to stay there, do his apprenticeship plan to the players. He would have been playing first grade any other club a year or two ago, but he sits back and because they know that it's a different it's just the Melbourne Storm and how they do it like, look like they've got all their players. Look at farl he'd be playing everywhere, starting every game for anyone, but he's happy to sit behind papping house and like so it's a hard, hard comparison when you've got talent who doesn't want to do that.
Speaker 2: You know, he wants to play and that's okay, that's fine. He's got every right to do that.
Speaker 3: You know, tell him got first grade money, proper money, would he stay? You reckon? Is it about money?
Speaker 2: Money?
Speaker 8: Want money?
Speaker 3: So he wants to start just twenty years old?
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 5: He's twenty years old and it is good enough Gordon to be playing in the NRL. So I think he just genuinely like.
Speaker 3: Him as I think he's really a tough one.
Speaker 6: So there's been some suggestions the bulldogs are having a look tell him.
Speaker 3: For you in the bridge.
Speaker 6: For you, I'm ruling the dogs out for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, going back to Talent Rookie who made the CALLA that would have been tough.
Speaker 7: There's been a suggestion that there absolutely has been suggestions throughout the game over the past month that Shane Richardson was preparing to back Talent of Silver, but at the same time said the Benji Marshall, look at your call.
Speaker 6: It's your call, and that seems all right.
Speaker 1: The great Lee had been tell us he's back, and guess what he has regret regrets about his position at the Tigers. Let's have a look at what he said. Not only do I not miss being chairman, I regret taking on the role. You have no real authority or power to affect any change. The real authority and power vests in those who own the club, the Holman Barnes group.
Speaker 2: He's fired some shots, well, is he right?
Speaker 8: In fairness?
Speaker 3: He is right.
Speaker 5: The homand Barnes group sit above the West Tigers n ROL club and they've got full control when it comes to the major decisions. As much as rich as the CEO, and he went in there with a brief telling every body that he wanted players who were in for the crocodile role and going to be prepared to do the hard yaka the Holman Barnes group.
Speaker 8: Whenever it's any massive decision.
Speaker 5: You look at the Lucky Galvin scenario, I think rich I actually wanted to fight and dig in on that and try and if they wanted to go the legal road, he was prepared to, but the Holman Barnes group overruled.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, all right, Cornella's halves are in the spotlight after a disappointing loss to the Broncos, but Brandon Trindle's not shying away from the criticism.
Speaker 12: Just when you lose games, it usually falls on the halves. So yeah, we just need to go back to the drawing board and prepare wealth this week. I think, Yeah, once we play a good game, I think those rumors are out the window. So he'll step up this week. Some really tough conversations and he's our marquee player and all the tension usually goes on him, but it's all our fault.
Speaker 2: But we'll move forward this week.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's good to have those conversations and have a look at what we need to do this week, and some really tough conversations, but well well needed, and yeah it's going to put us in a better position going forward this week.
Speaker 2: Dave Fitz he's cool truth and honesty session.
Speaker 6: He has BRA today this morning. It was held down at Shark Park.
Speaker 7: And I must say, in across Craig fitgibbons tenure down at the Sharks, I've certainly heard of no meeting of the sorts. He is a straight shoot of seven minutes long. It's certainly longer than seven minutes the straight shoot of Fits. But my understanding this one was about as brutal as it got. Under Fits his reign spoke about discipline both they deserved it, both both.
Speaker 6: With the ball and without the ball.
Speaker 7: Seven penalties, forty odd miss tackles against the Broncos, and defense is a massive focus. You have to remember that Fitzgibbon is renowned as a defensive coach and the Sharks defense has.
Speaker 6: Been in reverse in recent weeks.
Speaker 8: So and there you have it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've been working on to Dave's he's your status.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's straight out of the lab.
Speaker 7: Again, as we said, look, first year with Craig fitzgiven fifteen points on average conceited and twenty one the following season. It's strong yearing last year eighteen points average and now as I said, twenty three points. It's just not what the standards of what Craig Fitzgimmon is asking for. Clearly, this is a huge game now against the Melbourne Storm one Sunday afternoon in Melbourne. They have to respond.
Speaker 1: They have a good record against Melbourne in Melbourne, but Melbourne, I feel like they want to start flexing their muscles is a bit more. They've been winning games, but you know they nearly got beat by Cus. They've been leading, getting off the fast starts. It's a day game, I believe. So it's going to be very tough for the Sharks, isn't it good?
Speaker 3: It will bring out the best of them.
Speaker 4: Look watching them on the weekend when they got it right and they played good footing and they played through the middle of Sharks look pretty good and they just went away from what was working. So they halves their kicking game are their discipline was poor, the ball handling.
Speaker 3: But can we get another start up.
Speaker 6: On on drawing boards?
Speaker 8: On drawing boards and.
Speaker 3: Tough and tough conversations just before the end of the year.
Speaker 5: The storm daytime and the storm nighttime. We have a got that forty one to fourteen. They generally win an average score in the day and then of an evening it's a little bit more of a tight arm wrestle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't surprise me at all, Noll.
Speaker 1: And you know, like it's funny because Melbourne are clear favorites, or I think that they are, because if you look at all the teams now they're at the top, you ask the question, do they have another level? And I think most of them have reached their stealing the gun right, they can all win the camp.
Speaker 2: But you look at Melbourne and you go they're going good or really good.
Speaker 1: But they've got another level in them if they can get there, and then they will be very hard to beat.
Speaker 4: And the top four have separated from the rest of the competition really and all the others are inconsistent. And in the top four, Melbourne's the best side and if they had to play each other in around robin, you're back Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Every day of the week.
Speaker 5: In terms of depth, have got the best s depth of any roster in the NFL. There's a reason why they are still Premiership favorites even though they haven't hit peaks.
Speaker 2: Scary if they reached the.
Speaker 6: Don't be even more scary if Gordy's Queensland.
Speaker 7: So I'd pick up this series because Munster and Hary Grant will bounce out of that high on confidence.
Speaker 1: All right, Joanna is your key player matchups for a Round seventeen thanks to Ossie Broadband Hoops.
Speaker 5: I'm on the big game tomorrow night, Breath the Dogs up against the Panthers and Matt Burton and Penrith's chief playmaker Nathan Cleary all.
Speaker 7: It's that important game guys between the mainly Seagulls and the West Tigers and Tommy Turber we all want to have a look at him in the centers up against Adam Dewey