Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne Way, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 2: Be great.
Speaker 3: This is Jason Lauren. No, you're one hundred. Well, good morning and welcome to Snowbar.
Speaker 4: Good morning. Jay's morning, Clint. We're coming to you live from Mount Buller this morning.
Speaker 3: Hang on, we're cutting it up on the slopes.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you were.
Speaker 3: The guys had to say, how long did you last on the slopes.
Speaker 4: I was, we're going to get tonight.
Speaker 3: I lasted a lot longer than you. That's a good point. Oh god, I just remembered I've left my skis out there. I have to return them to the high shop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they can stay outside.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, No, I've left them at the slopes on Burke Street. I'll tell you what. This is very cool. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We we got up here yesterday into a top of Mount Buller. Not a great deal of snow up here. But it was dumbing last night at dinner.
Speaker 3: Was last night was amazing, A nice little poona, a little bit of pasta. The snow was falling down in the background. I felt like I was in a little rom com and you guys kicked on. No. No, Then I looked over and saw Clinton, and I was on the other side of the table. I'm like, oh, no, more of a comedy.
Speaker 4: Just you guys kicked on and went out and saw the sights and sounds of town.
Speaker 3: Last night, he comes the lecture from guys. It was good, it was good. We we tried to support small business on the mountain.
Speaker 4: Good for you.
Speaker 3: We went to staff quarters.
Speaker 4: Oh you went to the staff How did they let you do it?
Speaker 3: Is that where we were? That's why everyone thought I was a ski instructor.
Speaker 4: They would have taken one look at you and gone he ain't a ski instructor.
Speaker 3: Macau All the glasses in the quarter. Were we at the stuff last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's always a mountain like this, a pub or a bar where all the staff gather.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's like we're on below deck, but in the snow. Basically, yeah, okay, long Bow.
Speaker 4: But I've had a great time up here at Mount Below.
Speaker 3: It has been awesome. I'm going to bring the kids up as well. The drive, long drive wasn't that bad. It's just more like I had you guys in the back doubting my ability to climb the mountain.
Speaker 4: Well, look, you weren't that confident coming up the mountain. I think that was part of the struggle.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently we didn't need chains yesterday, but I was hoping the chains were on there because the Jason's driving.
Speaker 4: I was hoping Jason was going to have to stop and put them on, just for comedic value, to watch you try, and.
Speaker 3: For everybody listening what I was going through your stairs. I was driving Lawrence cart which is like a semi trailer, a huge bloody defender. And then as I'm going up the mountain, I've got Huey and Dewey here in the back seat going you know what, you go off the edge, you'd be dead. You'd be dead down that road. Was us saying that louis not a very good jar and I had her singing bloody Tina reda change, do we need to change? It was quite the ordeal. But yeah, look we had an absolutely ripping, up ripping after that.
Speaker 4: Here this morning, what's it cold up here? This morning?
Speaker 3: We're at the snow.
Speaker 4: I know how I think it was going to be that cold.
Speaker 3: So did I because when we arrived, I got out of the car in your shorts and a T shirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's minus it's minus one and a half.
Speaker 3: I had to go the souvenirs store to buy some goggles and gloves. Did you buy some pants?
Speaker 4: No, you went to put ski boots on with ankle socks on.
Speaker 3: The lady at the high Shot really had a field day. She's like, you haven't done this before, have you?
Speaker 4: What gives it aways? At the board shorts or the ankle socks.
Speaker 3: So you're in an attitude this morning? All right, you got a mood? Hey?
Speaker 4: What why mine about it?
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm going back to bed. Hey, Cooder has made headlines with a promise. He's got to try and get behind him and make him a little better with him.
Speaker 4: You know what, it's a long shot.
Speaker 3: With the cost of living at the moment, he's got my vote. We'll reveal what he plans to do for Melbourne and the city area coming up after six point thirty this morning, not only that five k question on the way as well, but coming up next all the details. When I how do they put again cut the slopes? Shed the snow, stop talking started shedding? That's the one. This is an over one hundred good morning. Hopefully a bit of snow up here at Mount Buller currently one degree where we are minus.
Speaker 4: One minus one minus one minus one. There could be snow falling, but it's too dark to tell.
Speaker 3: We del road trip. We're calling it snover. I met some of the people that we gave trips to last night as well.
Speaker 4: We did. Where did you bump into them?
Speaker 3: I bumped into them in the bar? There was how unexpected we got to walk through the bar again everywhere, So honestly it's a thoroughfair. It's like a food caught at Westfield. And yes, there was one lady who was lovely. She brought her daughter up because her You know when people you've just met someone and they're really going to details. So it was going to bring the harby, but he's really injured. He's growing.
Speaker 4: Oh you're not good for skiing.
Speaker 3: Did you ask what happened? It was because like the daughter was there, I didn't know how it was injured? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I mean a groin injury? You followed the footy. There's a lot of groin injuries in footy. Is it like a splits situation?
Speaker 3: I've actually here we go? How did you that's Alwa's been out of action for forty years exactly. That's the drought playing tennis.
Speaker 4: Actually a slide, it's a splits, right, that's how was.
Speaker 3: On clay on a clay court to the groin, mate, rip the sack.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's different story.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, how did that happen? Beard trimmers? Yeah, it got you know, like like the little teeth on the beer trimmer.
Speaker 6: It was like.
Speaker 3: Good people get there stuck in the later at Westfield some croc oh, sorry, don't do that at Westfield.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you didn't tear a groin or any other body part when you would you say he attempted to ski yesterday clean because we did the big drive up here and I thought, I'm going to go have a little nap, and you said, I'm going to the ski shop. I'm going to go get fitted for skis.
Speaker 3: I was fifty to fifty, I'll be honest, not a skier, not an adventurous sort of person.
Speaker 4: So he turned up in board shorts to the snow. If that gives you any indication of how much of a not a skier he is, shorts and a T shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got all the ski gear. They decked me out. So you looked the part.
Speaker 4: And why did you choose skiing and not boarding?
Speaker 3: I have so I've only seen the snow once before because I grew up on the mean streets of Brisbane, so we didn't have snow. And then I spent three years living in New Zealand. So it was the first time I saw snow. And I was like a thirty five year old man in tears, like crying watching the sun the snow come down. It's like, this is.
Speaker 4: Amazing, beautiful, it'snning.
Speaker 3: And everyone looked hotter in the snow. Most of you see me in the gear. When I put the helmet on, the mood of that place turned okay.
Speaker 4: So you went down, you got fitted for your skis, your ski boots. Now they're uncomfortable, aren't they.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of work. It ain't no beach holiday we just struck on your bodies and jump in the water. There's a lot of work to get prepped for the snow. So you've got your boots fit, You've got your ski pants, your ski jacket.
Speaker 3: Then as I'm walking out of the yeah, I got I wasn't gonna get the helmet because I wear the hat and everyone. Everyone in the room looked at me and went get the helmet. You have to wear safety first, exactly like I mentioned before. Didn't have goggles. So I went to the gift shop Boughts.
Speaker 4: I had to buy the goggles. What do they cost you?
Speaker 3: So goggles and gloms I got for a super ripping deal at eighty bucks. I wore them.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you went on.
Speaker 3: For two minutes.
Speaker 4: You went on the chairlift.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was fun.
Speaker 5: So one of the hardest things to do is to get on and off that chairlift, especially, that's the first thing you did.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: The problem was when I left the ski high place, I thought you put your gee's on there out in the front of the ski. Oh God. Eventually got up the stairs, got onto the chairlift that.
Speaker 4: Was walked up the stairs.
Speaker 3: No, I took them off again. I was like, no one else and I'm going up the stairs sideways here when you go up because the boots are so thick, and then the whole, ah, the whole getting on the chairlift, I thought it stopped. They rowed you up like the movie World. They checked the hardness and everything. They did not care less. No, They're like.
Speaker 4: Hold on bar coming down I saw a video of our digital guy, Perry nandos, Yeah, getting off the chair lift, you had little sneakers on and.
Speaker 3: He was to what a sad little man he was on the chair. He's not built for snow. And then getting off the chair lift was quite an ordeal. And then and then I took to the slopes. I did the pizza, but the chair.
Speaker 4: So the chairlift drops you twenty meters from the front door of this beautiful hotel we're staying in and you what you pizza to the front door and then said I've had.
Speaker 3: He took to the slope side. Did you know the most degrading bit? I did stack it right at the end, and I stacked it right next to a bright sign that says slow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, you haven't lived unless you're stacked it at the snow.
Speaker 3: All the videos, lucky for me, were captured on socials. If you want to check him out. We are doing snobah. We are alive from Mount Boulow this morning.
Speaker 4: Current temp it's minus one point three Jayson. Look, the sun is just coming up. Well you can't really see the sun, but there is daylight appearing out there. And there was plenty of snow overnight.
Speaker 3: It was bucketing down. That's more than a dusting.
Speaker 4: You call it a dumping here, not bucketing.
Speaker 3: A dumper, a dusting or a dumping.
Speaker 4: That's a snow turn right up.
Speaker 3: I hope we're going to dump tonight. Careful? Yeah right?
Speaker 4: Maybe not?
Speaker 3: Okay? Ye, no, gotchay different, gotcha? Jason Lawrence. One hundred thousand dollar minutes? So yuys coming up next week? Oh yeah, celebrate the special birthday. This show is clocking up one hundred shows.
Speaker 4: We're turning one hundred.
Speaker 3: How's that?
Speaker 4: I know? It's flown by.
Speaker 3: It's been such an awesome run here at nov We've loved it, We've loved everyone that's been a part of the show. And so to celebrate we are going over two weeks, we're going to be giving you the chance to win one hundred thousand dollars and.
Speaker 4: It's pretty simple to win it. There is absolutely no skill required. Would you call it dumb? Luck yep, very us.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is pick which minute in the show between seven and nine is the one hundred thousand dollars minute.
Speaker 4: So each day there will be one minute in that time that is like the Golden minute. And you randomly have to hit the buzzer within that minute and one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big over it A big buzzy, A big buzzy. I've asked her a big buzz I had to practice on the buzzer yesterday.
Speaker 4: Is it What color is the buzzer?
Speaker 3: The buzzer is red. Yes, the buzzer is red. But I was having a practice with Mitch Nate. We did a full big tech meeting. No one brings a plate to those. It was very boring. But like you hit the button, all the lights go. The studio turns into a rave party. It's very grave. It's very deal or odeal.
Speaker 4: Do we know what the minute is?
Speaker 3: No? Oh, not even we because.
Speaker 4: We shouldn't be trusted with that act.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 4: No, it's going to be so much fun. I'm sorry, I'm like nervous already.
Speaker 3: So if you want a chance to come in and be in front of the button and go for the one hundred thousand dollars minute, make sure you are listening next week. Okay, that's how you can actually get in. Hey, last night we had a little celebration for our hundred show as well.
Speaker 4: We did and our gorgeous team. Our production team organized a cake for us to celebrate our hundredth show and also to celebrate our successful start to hear at over.
Speaker 3: I was coming back from the bathroom and one of the guys grabbing me and they go, you got to sit down. The cakes coming out, and I thought we hadn't been briefed that. I thought I wasn't brief Did you know about someone's birthday? I had an inkling about the cake?
Speaker 4: How did you know about the cake?
Speaker 3: Did they bring the cake to be?
Speaker 5: Because Lauren wanted to go to bed, so I was trying to stop her, and I was trying to stifle her bid too, So I was briefed about the cake.
Speaker 4: So the cake came out and the whole restaurant sung Happy Birthday, and we're all looking at each other like, what, Who's.
Speaker 3: You don't love public happy birthday singing?
Speaker 4: I know, well, you know what. I don't mind it if the whole restaurant's doing. It's when it's like a bit lackluster that you're like.
Speaker 3: Where do you sit on when a restaurant has all the staff come.
Speaker 4: Around an marry archie band?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon the staff love it No, yeah, right, no.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the cake came out and everyone in the restaurant at other tables just saw a cake coming out. So everyone started seeing a happy birthday. It was no One's birthday, and the beautiful cake said congratulation. It ran out of letters to write congratulations, so I just said congratulation and then number one.
Speaker 3: Did we pay per letter?
Speaker 4: We run out of money, we ran out of space. So all night did you get the cake? From Mount Buller.
Speaker 3: On the mountain? And another s.
Speaker 4: And I think it was gen Z who organized it. She said it's no for colors, and I was like, it's pink and blue. It looks like Ginger reveal. K. She goes, not it's red. I'm like, no, it's pink and blue. Sis. Congratulations, Lauren, congratulations, Clint, congratulations Lauren and Jason, we're having a boy. Clint wanted to do that thing like have you seen on Gender Reveals at the moment where there's a cake that says congratulations and you put a wine glass in and.
Speaker 3: Then you pull it out with wine glass and then everyone gets her.
Speaker 4: We should have done that because the way you but when you chopped it up, no one wanted to eat.
Speaker 3: Its hands, chopped it up and offered a suppe. Congratulations, congratulatorulation guys. Good morning Melbourne and welcome to your Friday Eve. That snuck up, didn't holla for a present?
Speaker 4: That is Friday Eve. We're coming to you from Mount Buller.
Speaker 3: Look out there, it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: It is like a whitewash out there.
Speaker 3: We are live from Ayleberg House at Mount Buller. I can tell you now the lasagna last night was on point.
Speaker 4: Well. I had the spicy vodka pasta.
Speaker 3: Clint just had the vodkas. I had. The steak was delicious.
Speaker 4: We had a team dinner last night. Yeah, Grutton, I had that like the pressure of did you guys want to share on trays? A lord for the whole table for you?
Speaker 3: Did well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that's a big job.
Speaker 3: Do you happy?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very happy. He wasn't paying, he was wrapped.
Speaker 4: I did it. We did over order in the mains there. There was many taken back to the staff.
Speaker 3: Being well looked after. They're an incredible crew up here. Hey, Clint, any updates on Petraca and the D's.
Speaker 5: So it's been reported today that he had a sit down dinner or catch up with the Melbourne Footy club captain in Max Gorn and a few other teammates as well, to try and sort of thrash out the issues. It ended in hugs and high fives, but with Petrarca still so he wants out.
Speaker 4: How do you know it ended in hugs and high fives public space?
Speaker 5: They were They were at Motor in Hawthorn restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's interesting to do.
Speaker 4: He played the home game.
Speaker 3: You come to me, big fella.
Speaker 4: Yes, we can't argue in public.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I always do that with Lou If we have to have an argument, I'm like, should we shoot up to Westfield and go to the food court a couple of things to discuss?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, good idea. You just keep a lid on that.
Speaker 3: No one loses be spilt in public. We're going to Westfield. Obviously got dramas, so he's sticking by it. He wants well for the time being.
Speaker 5: I think he still wants out until it's going to be too complex to get out.
Speaker 4: If they do, you think it will happen?
Speaker 5: Was he gut my gut says he'll still be playing in Melbourne next year and that won't be a you awkward at all?
Speaker 4: My gut says he's going to Carlton.
Speaker 3: My gut says the breakfast buffer is about the worry I believe.
Speaker 4: So Melbourne, we are on the hunt for a new Lord Mayor. There's been lots of chat about this because, let's be honest, Melbourne CBD needs it. We need some things to get us back into the cree. And one of the most talked about people in this race for the Lord Lord Masship you would call.
Speaker 7: Yeah you get why not they wear robes? Oh yeah, they're on special occasions like the pave. Uh what's a salary. Yeah, it'd be a couple of hundred, like a government job where like you've got a stuff up.
Speaker 3: To get Yeah, I think you get a meryal car as well. Yeah, or a driver. I don't think there's flags.
Speaker 4: Do you get a driver?
Speaker 3: You'd get a driver drive now, you'd get a driver someone or a luxury car. It'd be like a statesman.
Speaker 4: As the lungbody.
Speaker 3: Can we get something nicer for our prime minister than the statesman? Please?
Speaker 4: Well, someone who might be in the meryoral robes shortly and in the Statesman Clint is Anthony Kodafiedi's we spoke to him the other day and we said to him, what are you going to do to get people back into the city. And I think it's because we asked the question that he went, oh quick, come up with something.
Speaker 3: We need a strategy.
Speaker 4: On Mondays he's going to give people free coffees if you're in the CB eral cut, he said. Most Melbournians love coffee and our cafes are renouned around the world for it. So those that make the efforts come into the CBD on a Monday will shout you a coffee. Coffees are limited at one purpose.
Speaker 3: It's fair enough question question does he just have a tab at each coffee shop or is it like specifically set up coo to coffees.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't think it's a couda coffee van right because I think the plan is to put the money into the cafe and he is shouting them. But that's I think that's a lot of coffees.
Speaker 3: That's good. I like it.
Speaker 4: You cap it at one person, like I go to one coffee shop and then I go to the next coffee.
Speaker 3: It'll be like the pharmacy got when getting the suit of fed.
Speaker 4: You got a hand in a coupon.
Speaker 3: License. Did you have an arm and latte somewhere else? I'm going to need to see your license.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a coffee registry, yes, yeah, I mean would you travel into the city to get a free coffee?
Speaker 3: No? No, But I just think, like, if I think it's encouraging people to stop working from home, just get back into the office and just give you another reason. Jakes's side, I got a bloody coffee the other day. Eight dollars for a piccolo?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's exactly dollars.
Speaker 3: Where did you go, say nothing?
Speaker 4: Eight dollars around the corner for a piccolo?
Speaker 3: What is this? Not eight dollars for a piccolo?
Speaker 4: For a pilo? Not a piccolo? Eight dollars?
Speaker 3: Nah? Oh my god. You two sound like my parents to sit there arguing over.
Speaker 4: They've got that wrong. Tudor's tab is going to be expensive if it's eight.
Speaker 3: Dollars for you've got an amon croissant as well? Didn't hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Some of these chilling scale deal?
Speaker 3: What do you get for free? Thirteen twenty fourteen. Have you got a little go to place where you know you might go to a cafe get a little smoko Jenny always chucked in a free hash brown little potato cake or something like that.
Speaker 4: Didn't you used to have free ice creams at.
Speaker 5: Your house on tap, Lauren, Dad worked at Streets ice Cream and needsed to come home with a box of ice creams after he shift. You had the actual freezer with the slide top, paddle pops, Vannetta cornetdoss Vonetta Vanetta.
Speaker 4: Wow, would you work at Streets if you got a free Vonetta every day?
Speaker 3: I would have to be cut out of my house that current? Oh Hart, I thought you only get the Vanetta in the Giant Pizza.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's sort of Sometimes there's something embarrassing about people giving you free things, though, don't you think we think, oh, no, I want it, like I want to support you, and then they're trying to like, I don't know. Paul goes to this barber into our road. He's such a great guy. And when when Maddy Damon was in town, they walked past and Paul took him in to say hi to the barber who loves Matt Damon. And now you won't charge Paul for a haircut. Paul's like, no, mate, I want to support you. I want to pay you.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Paul's like, if you don't let me pay, I'm not coming in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's that's Paul being generous. But you know what if I was a barber and you brought Matt Damon in, did they still probably.
Speaker 4: Give you a freeing cut? His head?
Speaker 3: He just said, hello, did they stop for furt On? Madie was there?
Speaker 4: But yeah, the free haircuts?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten. What have you gotten for free? And in return we have free stuff to go? Thirty twenty four ten joined.
Speaker 4: Us on the air race that what we're doing.
Speaker 3: You got it? We got turned to dollar Cogan vouchers up for grabs. Coging dot com helps you get what you want for less. Cogan dot com. Now that is clicking awesome. Each morning when Clint picks up the coffees at my home in Richmond, see this is a scene. This is great.
Speaker 4: So get free things.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: Every now and then Adam, who we love a myo. No, he likes to give me a free espresso. But the issue is can be quite busy at that time of morning. So everyone watches as Adam and I have a little coffee catch up.
Speaker 3: There's like eight trader sitting there in high vans and we're cheersing our little espresso.
Speaker 4: See that's what I mean embarrassing. Embarrassing. Well, everyone's waiting for their coffee. You're at the counter chewing up his.
Speaker 3: Son talking highly about you and the mate. Let me tell you we are talking for reebies.
Speaker 4: That's right. Anthony Kudafis wants to give away free coffees in the city on a Monday his shout in his bid to become Lord Mayor and to get people into the city.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves a freebie.
Speaker 4: Everyone loves a free power move.
Speaker 3: How good is it when you walk into a coffee shop and the barista knows you order.
Speaker 4: It's just there's just it's like cred spread around here.
Speaker 3: I don't need to say double shot.
Speaker 4: Camera they know.
Speaker 3: Is that what you get with a hint of caramel?
Speaker 4: Someone gets in one of those. I'd like to see his face as he tried something like that. All right, let's see what else people getting for free. Jewelr and Corfield, good morning, good morning. What's your freebie? What is scoring?
Speaker 1: So it's my kids.
Speaker 8: Every time we go into the butcher, they put on a beautiful little smile and they asked for a free frankfist and they get pret little franksfort to eat every time like a yeah. Sometimes they asked for the big one, but mostly they get the cocktail.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 4: Okay, question about this because in Melbourne you have to cook a cocktail. But my fiance, who is a Queenslander, just eat some row dogs, eat some raw dog and apparently.
Speaker 3: You can't cooked.
Speaker 4: It's a Queensland thing, the rats cork.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be doing that cold like a cold but it's actually a cooked meats.
Speaker 4: Only Queenslanders who do that?
Speaker 3: Do you dip it in some dead ales? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely died. When I saw Paul, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I'd get food poisons and he's not cooked it is. I'll give you a hot tip bake, cooking it and cooking it. That's going to be the least your dramas when it comes to getting food boys from one of those pretty frank Yeah, let's take more course thirteen twenty four ten. What have you got for free? Aaron in Hillside? Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: I used to do PRIMI workw years ago and I did the Melbourne Marathon for Mother's Day and we were giving out little packets of tissues and hand sanitizers. And at the end there was that many leftover in boxes that they just said you take them. So I had my gallant dacked follers chissues and hand sanitizers. Oh my gosh, I still have them.
Speaker 4: Was this pre COVID because you could have done it serious black.
Speaker 3: Market I did.
Speaker 1: I did very seriously tinted selling them at the back of the car in the shopping Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can imagine your house getting raided by the cops for hand sanitizer.
Speaker 4: Remember the hand sanitizer shorty, Oh mate, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And the little Breece. Little Bruce stopped making gin and started making making sanitize.
Speaker 4: Because the gin distillery the same machine.
Speaker 3: It was horrible. Uh, let's go to Alisha in Ashburton again. Alicia, what'd you get for free?
Speaker 8: Good morning? My butcher got me two whole snappers.
Speaker 3: Okay, where I'm going to the wrong butcher because everyone's getting free stuff in their butcher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I means.
Speaker 3: Fish.
Speaker 8: Whole fish he got. We had chatting about you know, he's a great butcher, so we keep chatting. We talk about fish.
Speaker 3: He goes on.
Speaker 8: Next time I go out out to the Western Port, Oh grab your some and then I went, oh, yeah, nice. And then a couple of weeks later I came in and he goes, oh, you weren't in yesterday, and I said no. Anyway, he goes, I've got your fish for you, and he comes from the back and there are two whole snapper. He's cleaned them all for me, and they were fabulous.
Speaker 3: I think the butchers. I think the butcher's.
Speaker 4: Fancying the butcher's got the hotspot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think the butcher's handing out snapper to just everybody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my butcher's never offered me a cup. Absolutely, he went out fishing in Courtland for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think someone's got a little crush on you know what.
Speaker 4: I do love Achael Butcher. You can't beat it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, we we got recommended a really good butcher down Hampton Way right when we first moved. Here is a very boogie one meet Smith.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: Now the only problem is pay your rent, after all, that's the issue.
Speaker 3: I went in about twenty minutes before they closed, so all the little prices were gone from the window.
Speaker 4: I don't even know that prices.
Speaker 3: Well, I was raw dog and I had no idea how much mince was. And I'm like, oh, two of those steaks, two of those, two of those how much? Oh, Clint? I felt like I got two steaks and they're like, oh, that'll be eighty five bucks mate, And the place was full.
Speaker 4: And then you get those little mustards. Don't even look at the price you.
Speaker 3: No, there was no way, no. I mean like I had to actually overcompensate me, Like what a market you must be having a sale?
Speaker 4: Meet Smith is so good though, I don't know why their meat so good, but.
Speaker 3: Going abod to get back. Well, good morning, Melbourne, Happy Friday Eve, guys. This is snow.
Speaker 4: It is snover. We are coming to you from the top of Mount Buller. Look out there not great visibility.
Speaker 3: Specifically where are we, mister stunaway Alberg House. It is an absolute cracking location.
Speaker 4: Restaurant was so good last night.
Speaker 3: Accommodation was very nice. Cocktails it's a bit early, but thank you.
Speaker 4: They were good trial plenty of them.
Speaker 3: Mind.
Speaker 5: I decided to dabble in the fireball Shot God, fireball, fire go down, Jayson.
Speaker 3: Well you thought it was schoolies week. We're going to need some gaviscon Oh, how's the heart. It's not great. Last night. Actually, has anybody got any tablets? I was like, oh god, this escalated. Gaviscon. Anyone got Gavescon.
Speaker 4: You have a few mats and a few fireballs, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it hits you, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Fireball is a very snow It is because it warms you from the absbsolutely.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. I'm going to bring the kids up here. This is a cracking location. All the kids dressed up in the snow. It looks so cute as well.
Speaker 4: Just just discovered it, Like you never knew families were visiting this night in the last twenty four hours. He's been look at all these families and.
Speaker 3: Kids having fun, but here we are fighting.
Speaker 4: You can put your kids in ski school and they go for long for five hours, pick them up.
Speaker 3: Do you ever get there's someone else's problem? Yeah, so what and you pick them up the end of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's incredible. A bowl of spaghetti and they go to sleep and do the same thing again the next day.
Speaker 3: See that's living, that's living. Moltpouler's season membership is on sale soon and the early bird offer is the best value on unlimited skiing and boarding for twenty twenty five with a ton of discounts and member perks included. So get in quick.
Speaker 4: That's the time to do it for next year.
Speaker 3: Thanks to the team as well. Looking after us. Oh no, I've look they've really looked after us. I've loved it. But I do have one issue.
Speaker 4: Oh, here we go, because it too cold for you.
Speaker 3: We'll get to my issue and see if you're agree. Next on over one hundred, we are alive from Mount Buller this morning. We are calling it snover. Some of our winners have just popped by to join us of breakfast. This is the lady whose partner's got to saw groin. Oh yeah, oh no, no, no different No, different partner, different partner, Your partner's groin's okay, right, different group, different group, My bad, every we'll get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be fair, it's the same ski.
Speaker 3: Gee, I really do, don't they? How's me on this? When I was cutting it up on the slopes.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, cutting it up, stop saying that, I.
Speaker 3: Had to say to this guy, I'm so sorry mate to cut you off. And then I realized it was Brady Executive PROD. But I just didn't know because you have the goggles.
Speaker 4: Yah, it's hard to tell. That's a good thing about skiing. You're anonymous. You zip down the mountain. If you're getting someone's sorry we.
Speaker 3: Zipping down the mountain. That's one way to put it. I have a small issue with the whole skiing situation.
Speaker 4: What is it? Skain's great? TA can have an issue with it. It's hard though, it's not easy, not.
Speaker 3: An that's all fun. It's the getting the higher gear. You need a lot of equipment.
Speaker 4: I went down yesterday because what did you come with? Like, did you have anything in your inventory at home that you thought, oh where this to the snow? Or did you come here and say I'm going to hire everything from boots to pants, jackets, to helmets to goggles, gloves.
Speaker 3: I bought three pairs of board shorts, one pair of thongs and a pair of nikes.
Speaker 4: You idiots, Where were you going to wear your.
Speaker 3: Thongs around the hotel?
Speaker 4: Oh? Godfather, he's your mate, glad. If I see you in thongs at the snow, I'm sending you back to Queensland.
Speaker 3: Here is the issue I have with the high gear. When they gave me the helmet, Yeah, they have the size on the outside. Goodness, what your bonds? Isn't that big? Isn't it? The die at the high shop said, this is the biggest. They make the.
Speaker 4: Helmets extra extra large. Do you have a big head?
Speaker 3: Can you put it on? Can you wa? I look like come on, that kid about to be shot out of a cannon close, eyes closed, Go.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is it slimming?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, not really?
Speaker 3: Wow, ex extra large?
Speaker 4: You do look like a stunt man. Yeah, not like the street one, not like the movie starf.
Speaker 3: No, right, gotcha the stump Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm not a helmet guy. It's important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, but it's for ease of the staff. So they can just go there's the extra extra large. We'll give it to this guy.
Speaker 3: It's like when we're in New Zealand.
Speaker 4: I did you know he can jump of the building side.
Speaker 3: Like they have that that sky tower off the cable. Yes. The only problem is before you go up, they weigh you because they have to adjust the bungee cable on the biggest loser scales. Yeah yeah, yeah, And then they get a text and the guy at the base of the tower rights your weight on your hand and you have to get in the lift with everybody else that's going.
Speaker 4: To the jump and you're going up, everyone's judging, everyone's judging.
Speaker 3: Yes, so degraded.
Speaker 4: Remember when I like, we love skiing in our family, and so I got my own ski boots fitted because ski boots can be uncomfortable, but you can get them made so they custom if you ski a lot, and they molded to your feet so they're very comfortable.
Speaker 3: These are the click ones click.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah yeah, and you get the inserts kind of molded to you. So I was getting mine done and I'm in the shop and it's as an adult, there's not many times you sit on like the steps, you know, like as a kid.
Speaker 3: Do they bring out the mathers metal?
Speaker 4: They do that, and she goes and then they have these like template boots that you try on and then they work out the best fit and she's like, oh no, we're going to need the wide fit. And I was like, can you keep your voice down? She's like, we need the white, the wide fit, and I was like, oky, embarrassed over here.
Speaker 3: There's only one thing. Are you going to be wearing these socks when you're skiing? Go for a little jog around cleats they've got a little running track in the shop.
Speaker 4: Deal got trauma from that? Mum would be like, how do they feel? How did they put your toes touching me? Go for a little jog and I'm like, Mum, I'm not going for a jog. I want to go for a jog.
Speaker 3: How do they look? Use that funny little mirror that's just off the.
Speaker 4: Floor shoes, go for a little walk and see how they feel.
Speaker 2: Ticking Jason Lawrence one hundred thousand dollars minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited about this next week a week clock up a hundred shows on over one hundred and to celebrate, we are going to be giving a heap of our listeners the chance to win one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: How good and it is so easy. There is no skill required, no talent required.
Speaker 3: It's very us just a big old guess.
Speaker 4: It's very It's a bit of dumb luck.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 4: It's pretty much sums up this show.
Speaker 3: So make sure you are listening on Monday. Each day we'll pick someone to come into the studio. They will sit in front of a giant red butt. All they have to do is pick which minute between seven and nine is worth one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be like a golden mystery, Golden minute almost.
Speaker 3: So if you're just sitting there and I reckon it's right now, you hit the button, bang, and if that is the minute, you were one hundred thousand dollars, confetti, cannons, got all that happy good. We're also also got some bribes. What do you mean, well, I'm thinking like, if they've been sitting there, they even hit the button AT's.
Speaker 4: Eight o'clock, we might give them like an ultimatum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mkay, you know what is a couple of grand walk now.
Speaker 4: Take this instead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, walk or or hit the button now? No walk now just walk.
Speaker 4: Four fit thee hundred thousands exactly. I like it. I like the sounds of that.
Speaker 3: Make sure you are listening from Monday. We'll be doing it for a couple of weeks here on nov giving you the chance to win a truckload of money.
Speaker 4: Yes, one hundred thousand dollars for a hundred shows. And to celebrate the hundred shows, we've been going through some of our favorite moments from the past hundred shows. Cleaned now. I'm not sure this was Jason's favorite moment. I thoroughly enjoyed this, didn't we Just? For months Jason had been talking about this toothache yet and he was so sure it was a toothache. But you refused to go to the dentist. You will go to a doctor.
Speaker 3: Anyone got any Europan.
Speaker 4: We've been at him. Hadn't we got every day? Go to the e N T or whatever it's e NT.
Speaker 3: He knows the throat about it. You at me about it.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't go.
Speaker 3: Well, I got the tooth removed, but then it sort of caused more damage. But then I finally you wore me down, and I made the boy.
Speaker 4: Down to go and do something to look after yourself.
Speaker 3: And didn't you love the results?
Speaker 4: So he actually went so his fifteen minute doctor's appointment that he couldn't possibly find the time to attend for the last six months.
Speaker 3: What's the diagnosis? So the gap from the tooth has started to hear, that's great news, that's a positive. Therefore bringing the swelling down.
Speaker 4: Which is generally what happens when you have a tooth removed.
Speaker 3: The doctor was quite surprised from the tea c scam that I have a bent nose with what he refers to as fatty cartilage, a fat nose, bent nose. So is that the bulbous thing that I was referring to. That's your nose as you can see where's you see the bump in my nose bent? That's the bump there.
Speaker 4: He's got a fat bent nose and he needs a nose job, didn't they say?
Speaker 3: He said, we could be looking at surgery. Looks like the Great Ocean.
Speaker 4: We design your new nose. I'm thinking, I'm thinking Michael Jackson's style.
Speaker 3: If you get if you get a nose job and come.
Speaker 4: In like a real health But so is it just cosmetic the nose shop or is it Because it's so far, we've got no explanation as to why you've been winging about us all face the whole time. Because they said you.
Speaker 3: Were born he was born this way.
Speaker 4: He's sing it, Lady Gaga. He said, you got baby, I was born this way.
Speaker 3: That is a lot of fatty cartilage.
Speaker 4: How it's not fatt in your nose.
Speaker 3: While you're there, you m going to get up his snork listen. Okay, the first option is steroids, okay, to break down, to break down the fatty cartlage. However, the doctor looked at me and he goes, I don't know if we're going to be able to get them up with your nose.
Speaker 4: You have to you have to put the steroids up your nose.
Speaker 3: Like a steroid spray. But he said, your cartilage is so fatty, we're not sure it's going to take that.
Speaker 4: Can you breathe?
Speaker 3: No, this is the problem. I'm like, I'm snoring, but.
Speaker 4: You're forty two. How have you only realized this now?
Speaker 3: I haven't slept very well my whole life. We are at Mount Buller this morning. We're doing snover. We are Olberg House to be precise, Jas, thank you for the hospitality to call here at Mount Buller. Superb food incredible, The toasts over dinner questionable. Should we reprise it this morning? Absolutely not next time. I don't think we do open mic night. We just tuck into the mains. Hey, we are live at Mount Buller this morning. How good is this? Right? Mount Buller is celebrating one hundred years of skiing this year. It's Australia's most accessible premiere alpine resorts, three hours drive from Melbourne's beautiful Drive as well, So this joints celebrating one hundred years. Right, coming up, we're about to be joined by a skier who is one hundred and one years old. He's still skiing, Yeah, he is still skiing. He's still skiing. Before we get to him, though, I want to go outside, Lozzi, Oh this is reprising.
Speaker 4: Well right, I'm outside to.
Speaker 3: Throw to you as if you're on weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm walking outside right now.
Speaker 3: Now with a hit of you weather. Here's Lauren Phillips.
Speaker 4: Good morning. It's bloody cold here. I'm outside. I'm walking around to the window where you Pansies is sitting inside.
Speaker 3: It's lovely.
Speaker 4: Look it's minus one and a half. The bomb app says it feels like minus nine and a half.
Speaker 3: A bit of a wind chill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a bit of a bit of wind chill. Yes, there is not a single soul on the chairlifts as yet. In fact, there is. I don't think anyone else in my buller is awake other than us.
Speaker 3: Why is it in snow gear? You look you look like one of the Playboy bunnies. And then it's snow gear and the big furry jacket. I look like a pimp.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't exactly describe it as a playboy bunny, like a snow.
Speaker 3: Bunny, like you look great. We're supposed to be. Look, I'm not saying.
Speaker 4: Different between is snow bunny and a playboy bunny. And this playboy bunny is getting frostbite holding grotto.
Speaker 3: Lauren in the big fur coat and everything like rocks the snow. Look Lauren eskimo. Yes, I put on one of those jackets.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go playboy bunny my lingerie out here. I wonder I'm so cold. It is fresh out here, though, guys, But there was plenty of snow all night stuff, so it was. It was quite patchy last night, but plenty of snow fell overnight and it's it's beautiful and if not a little jilly out here.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait to meet this guy though, what guy, the one hundred and one year old You.
Speaker 4: Can I come back in here?
Speaker 3: I think I think he's he's guessed yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's a bit on the nose.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, this has been fun. I'm gonna wind it up and go back inside.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you made your way back here.
Speaker 4: You guys, just staying there by the fire with your fireballs and your hot toddies.
Speaker 3: Clint would you like another Bacon Nex slider? Jims On Lawrence, We are up at Mount bull and our haggards this right, Mount Buller is clocking up one hundred years right of just the ultimate skiing destination. Our next guest can vouch for it because he's been there every step of the way.
Speaker 4: That's right. We're very excited this morning, Clinty. We are here at Mount Buller for one hundred years of Mount Buller. It's one hundred of our shows as well, and so it was only fair we got the biggest legend of the mountain to join us this morning.
Speaker 5: He's a legend of the slopes. He's also a legend on the tennis court as well, because he's all of a hundred years and he's still playing tennis and still skiing every day.
Speaker 3: Henry Young, good morning, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Henry Young. You are one hundred and one and you were skiing on the slopes here at Mount Buller all day yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, sir, and it'll be even better today because we've got to know now, which is wonderful.
Speaker 3: Henry. You ski better than me. He's been doing better than experience.
Speaker 2: Twenty years really since I skied, So I'm really just I thought it'd be like riding a bike. I'd just come back to it, but it taking time, but I'm getting there.
Speaker 4: Henry, you haven't skied for twenty years. What made you want to come back to Mount Buller?
Speaker 2: Because I love skiing and I used to ski regularly every year that I think tennis has really taken over my skiing. So that and I play overseas as well. That so it's been twenty years since I skied.
Speaker 5: You played at the Masters World Individual Championships, is that right? And how did you go on the tennis court?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got to play down in the over eighties. It's every five years and the Masters, and they now, thank god, got over eighty five, so it's not going to be quite so hard.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't imagine there'd be too many competitors in the over one hundred category, Henry. So it is.
Speaker 2: But I'm retired. I've got time, and it's a wonderful thing about being retired. You do have time and you can look after yourself and I do that and I love my sport and so I indulge myself.
Speaker 4: So you said you haven't skating twenty years. You've come back to Mount Buller this year and you were hoping it would be like riding a bike. And was it like riding a bike? Did you pick it up easily?
Speaker 2: No, it was well, I suppose it is like riding bike. You fall off the bike and I've got one of these watches that tell you when you do a badger fall.
Speaker 3: Cooler than me. You're one hundred and one people were alerted yesterday that I had a fall.
Speaker 4: Has one of those watches, which she has a phone.
Speaker 3: I need one of those and I'm half your age.
Speaker 4: Anywy that'd be going off a lot, not.
Speaker 2: Really tagging as you. You've got to have it.
Speaker 3: You look amazing, Yeah you do.
Speaker 2: What's the secret? I'm not only lucky everyone. I'm born in Australia and really we are the lucky country. And that's why I'm why I'm here today, is that it's such a wonderful country. You know, we've got everything here and we don't really appreciate it as much until you go away and then you realize just how lucky we are.
Speaker 5: Well, Henry, thanks for your service as well, because you're a fighter pilot in World War two.
Speaker 3: I understand, Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: I was a sea Fury pilot. Well no, during the war, so of course he is. And then after the war. I loved it so much that when the Statius started a fleet their I served in the war Navy during the war, and when the status started a fleet air after the war bought themselves a carrier. The three of us who had flown together during the war said, you know, we should I was in New Zealand. He said we should go across and join up again because they'd love us. Part of the dea was that the Navy would supply pilots for the first two years while they trained up Air Force pilots to Navy standard. And the Air Force hate me.
Speaker 3: So don't get in a snowball fight because you're a good shot. I was actually just about to ask Henry, you and I want to race together down the slopes later? Who reckoned win? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, well I'm not rating now.
Speaker 3: I'd put my money on I'm getting better. I'm just I'm sitting here going You have been around for everything, please Academy one.
Speaker 4: All the milestones, jays, all the.
Speaker 3: Miles like you've seen it all.
Speaker 4: Henry, you are a living legend.
Speaker 3: Over one hundred and he's on the slopes like that is just incredible. Mate. We really appreciate your joining us.
Speaker 2: This morning's been my pleasure. You know, everyone's very nice to you when you get over one hundred, and has been very nice to me.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Did you get the letter from queen or the king? Did you get the letter for when you turned one hundred from the Queen?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, I got from the Queen and the Premiere and the Prime minister.
Speaker 3: You know the dead age. It's very nice. Do you put that on the fridge? What do you do like you put in a nice frame and display it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I have. Maybe I should, but I've got it where I can put my hand on it.
Speaker 3: Do you believe in upray ski a beer after you have a ski? Yes? But the ski, I think is a big part of every skin, speaking my language, have a fireball killing around.
Speaker 4: To ski to have the app ray. I know it's technically after, so are you allowed to just come to the snow?
Speaker 2: It's my hearing all fully now. Part of death, you know, it's just part of the deal. You've gone a flight deck these day without it, without the ear mouth. It's a chargeable of things, but not in my day.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: You know what we've done, and you can image with all the planes before they take off you you become deaf.
Speaker 4: And we're doing very well.
Speaker 3: Henry, we haven't gone to the war. How does that explain our here and Clinton? Sorry, yeah, exactly, Hey, Henry, thank you so much for joining us. Mate, You're an absolute legend. We really appreciate it. R out of a pause for here everybody. Yes, I ridden one and still on the slopes. This is snowba a little bit of winding cloud around today. Gunf tops of seventeen. You gotta still you still haven't seen the Katy Perry movie.
Speaker 4: Have I still haven't seen the Katy Perry movie. But I do love Katy Perry. I love her little life of the Lando Bloom. I love them what they're doing the other day.
Speaker 3: He's not in it like spoiler alerts.
Speaker 4: They were jumping out of calicopters or.
Speaker 3: Six years old. Yeah, mo's like ten years old. It's a spoiler alert. But you see the moment her and Russell break up and she's in the makeup chair just.
Speaker 4: About it's the Russell brandyre Yeah. It wasn't at a time. I don't believe you seen what's happened to him. No, we love Katy Perry. I love Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Mirror. Yes, yeah, they're cool.
Speaker 3: Turtles wrestle. How important weekend it is?
Speaker 4: Sunday Sunday.
Speaker 3: You start Father's Day Sunday.
Speaker 4: Fathers Day on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Day, Sunday. What are you doing for the great man me?
Speaker 4: I've got to talk to talk about because what are you about?
Speaker 3: You're doing munch?
Speaker 4: I am away this weekend?
Speaker 3: Are you taking it?
Speaker 4: So here's the thing. I am away for Father's Day, which I haven't told Dad yet. In fact, do you know what you know? How you said when you have a fight with your wife, Jase, you do it in a public place so you can't actually argue with each other.
Speaker 3: West Field.
Speaker 4: This is like me announcing to my dad, Sorry, Dad, I'm away for Father's Day. He'll be listening. But because I'm away for Father's Day, his birthdays in November, so I've already booked a bougie birthday lunch to make up for the lack of fathers.
Speaker 3: Have you been shopping? Do you go to that acceptable you go to the lunch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've booked him. I've booked a fam in from Beautiful Lunch for his birthday, hoping that that might.
Speaker 3: Get me out a present.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I have got him many gifts to make up for me being away this weekend.
Speaker 3: What you got him? I was surprised, Remember she told us and Bobby, if you're listening, it is a cracker.
Speaker 5: It's big, it's massive. I can't believe him. I think I can't believe he's splurged that much.
Speaker 3: Camp. I've always wanted to say to my parents, here's the keys, it's all yours. Like for you to be able to do that for Bobby's it's going to be the world to him.
Speaker 4: He's going to love his hat from the Mount Buller gift.
Speaker 3: Shop while riding his new Jet ski.
Speaker 4: It is father, Say what have you got your dat?
Speaker 3: I've been shopping. Yeah, it's all done. I have what is it?
Speaker 5: I'm not saying because he's a listener, this doesn't listen to he.
Speaker 3: Loves. I give you a tip, John, Clint hasn't bought you anything yet.
Speaker 9: No, you're not.
Speaker 3: My boys are doing today Father's Day Store. That's cool.
Speaker 4: I'll enjoy your pop plant.
Speaker 3: Is still Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: We used to have to paint the pop plant. To paint the pot, I don't think it's a.
Speaker 3: Proper plant handkerchiefs. Yeah, if anyone needs me to sign anything, I'll have a new gold pen on Monday.
Speaker 4: To greatest Dad ever munk.
Speaker 3: Yes, now I've got that last year.
Speaker 4: Ohn, get any better than that. I used to eat the chocolates before i'd give Dad the money.
Speaker 3: Of course. Hey, we are going to be celebrating tomorrow an incredible dad here in Melbourne. I can't say much at this point because it is a big surprise, but we're going to pull it the hearts. Oh yeah, yeah, it's you know what. It's going to be a big reality check. Yes, there's a family out there that are doing it really tough, but their attitude is just incredible, amazing, and tomorrow we cannot wait to introduce you to them. You'll hear it tomorrow morning, eight o'clock. They're coming in under the Discoverer of discoverer under the guys. That's one as a lie. We've told them they're coming for something, told them they're coming in for something completely different, but we've actually organized the ultimate surprise for them. And they are so deserving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is going to be a really special day for us tomorrow and from this family in Melbourne that need o.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Benneth Pultrow is making a return to the big screen. She's set to join Timothy Chamaley in the Ping Pong movie Marty Supreme. You enjoyed that one to me, big news day, that was our little hit of entertainment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happens in the Ping Pong movie.
Speaker 3: We'll move over entertainment tonight and we're gonna have to find out we are alive from the snow.
Speaker 4: What is it like down in the city. We're at Mount Buller right now. Visibility not great. It's bad, nearly minus two out there.
Speaker 3: Oh no, what's wrong? I gave away the goggles I just bought.
Speaker 4: There's a bit invisibilities down Did you give them too?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: After I did twenty meters, I thought that was it. I was going to retire from skiing.
Speaker 4: It's not a bad idea for you to retire.
Speaker 5: Actually signed them and gave them a similar The problem is I've got to get my ski gear back to the high shop, which is at the bottom of the slope.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a you problem you're gonna have to go down the mountain eventually. Why don't we put you? Do you want to go on a skoodoo?
Speaker 3: Oh they look fun, they do.
Speaker 4: Actually, no, I think you should go down.
Speaker 3: This is called Burke Street. This run right.
Speaker 5: It's very very busy. So if you can pizza snowplower down, that'd be good.
Speaker 3: Do you know what they've got at the top, Clint, you're with me yesterday when no lot the cops have snow patrol vehicles. Yeah they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah is Snowpopo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the snow Popo.
Speaker 4: Well, there's still rules on the mountain.
Speaker 3: They are actually going to be joined us this morning after eight thirty. We are going to be probing the Snowpopo.
Speaker 4: The snowpop po Po.
Speaker 3: What a gig like they just get to stay up here for a week, hit the slopes.
Speaker 4: Well no, they're not just skiing.
Speaker 5: They worked well, they got the radar out on Burke Street. See how quick people go?
Speaker 3: Surely there's no speed limit. I just thought, you know, I honestly believed you.
Speaker 4: There's a speed limit. Yeah, oh sorry, mister Hawkins. If you could get off the mountain, please, you asking way too slowly. Don't drink and ski. That's about idea, because then you don't get a ride down in the scold Do you get a ride down in ski patrol? The ones in the red with the big cross on it?
Speaker 3: I saw the sled of shame in action too. Yeah, yeah, that's that's not great for the credibility.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the torn calf sled. That's the old man injury.
Speaker 3: Let's do it for a mad buller to Geelong Morning, Benny, How are.
Speaker 4: You, morning, Ben?
Speaker 9: Morning?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: Then you normally play along with five thousand dollars question when you're in the car, how do you go? Yes, it's a bit of a mixed bag, probably the five K question as.
Speaker 3: I Yeah, I see here. You're a lover of board game. It's what you go to Benny.
Speaker 8: Yeah, have you ever heard of guitar?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Sounds smart, like yes, it's a very strategic game that you're gonna So it's like battleship, very strategic. Three you sunk my tug excuse me, tug boat? You played battleship before? Have you not played battle?
Speaker 4: What sort of put the little beads in?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I never really knew how.
Speaker 3: When you even lived and play battleship.
Speaker 4: We're a Monopoly house and it ended in.
Speaker 3: Now you'd be a Cludo house. Your game of life, He's so.
Speaker 4: Operation was my favorite? Maybe it's to pull your body We digress?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, Ben, here's the go. Do you want to go an easy question for fifty bucks, medium question for five hundred, or take on the hard one for five thousand dollars?
Speaker 8: Gotta go the hard one? Five k all the way.
Speaker 3: Let's do it, go home five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're going to hear a question and then you're going to get a three two one countdown. You have to answer within that time. If your answer is correct, five thousand dollars will be in your back pocket.
Speaker 3: You ready to go? Yep? For five thousand dollars. Here comes your question. Remember if you don't know, yes, what is the emergency number in Jamaica?
Speaker 2: Three two one two three?
Speaker 4: Oh? He did? Yes, that's a good guess. What was the answer because you knew this? Clint one one nine, yes, yeah, not nine one one one one nine. And I don't know how anyone would know that? How did you know that?
Speaker 3: I saw it on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Ones? Or millionaire hot seats before it got where.
Speaker 4: We're ripping these lemon. Oh, sorry, Ben.
Speaker 3: Thanks for giving it a Crowny base one one night. Yeah, I'll just in case.
Speaker 4: Well, if I'm ever in Jamaica, I'll make sure I keep that handy in case of emergency.
Speaker 3: Question. If you don't nine one one here, does it go to triple O anywhere? No? I don't believe, so.
Speaker 4: Don't try it. Don't try no one try that. Please don't try that, because if it does work, we're going to be clogging the phones. Don't do it.
Speaker 3: What do you I can imagine you're to ask.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I can see people in their cars right now reaching for them. Don't do it. Don't don't. Mom's going to get mad if you do that.
Speaker 3: Phone down. Hey, it's just go on nineteen past day coming up next.
Speaker 4: Don't do it.
Speaker 3: We shouldn't laugh at someone else's expense, but it's yours.
Speaker 4: We like to do it.
Speaker 3: Well, this morning, we're going to because I've got something that is going to put you in the best mood going into a Thursday. Okay, this is going to put a smile on your face. You're going to have a bloody good laugh about it and I'll get it on the air on the other side of this Friday. If this is a number one hundred or today, we're calling at snover. It is Jason and Lauren Clint here as well. We are live from Mount Buller.
Speaker 4: We are at at Olberg House. We had a delicious dinner here last night. Sort of like returning to the scene of the crime when you come back here at six o'clock in the morning, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if everyone can have a look around for my credibility, I left it here last night.
Speaker 4: So it was like I also left my room key here somewhere last night, and someone had to get me into my right to get the manager to get me into my room, did you Yeah, I had to do the walk of shame. I went to the room and I was found the key back down. I go back down to reception. Oh, we're gonna have to get the overnight manager out. Excuse me, I've lost my keys.
Speaker 3: This is why we can't take the team out.
Speaker 4: Honestly, No, we do it once a year.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we are live from Mount Buller. Don't forget Mount Buller celebrating one hundred years of skiing this year and it's Australia's most accessible premiere alpine resort, just three hours drive from Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I highly recommend the Wood restaurant. We had a delicious meal and cocktails last night.
Speaker 3: In fact, you know what if you recommend it, Lauren, next time they do ads on this station, what have I done? Stitch up? They should hire you to do the acts. I had nothing to do with it because you're very.
Speaker 4: Good, don't What is it?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 4: This what I said before?
Speaker 3: So I just just go back for a second. How long have you been in the entertainment industry?
Speaker 4: Nearly twenty twenty years, So at the twenty.
Speaker 3: Year mark, you'd think you nail a script. We do.
Speaker 4: We do a lot of little scripts here and sometimes we get a little tongue tied twisted.
Speaker 3: And sometimes companies go, you know what, we know you're passionate, let's hire you to do the script. Passionate about the product, passionate about the product. Clint can't be telling me about the product.
Speaker 4: Line exactly what you're going to do, and that's really annoying you.
Speaker 3: I mean, Lauren Phillips, is the gale you want saying you're exactly the name you know as long as it's easy to say, because the other day the end of the show and goes, guys, do you mind just waiting? I just need to belt out a quick script.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was two lines.
Speaker 3: Two lines, and this is how it ended up.
Speaker 4: Choose between two gift options, the lift or the glow gift. Also discover eb I'm just going to do this second half in fifteen seconds because it's too odd. Also discover Embra Purer clinch shut up. Also discover Embra Purer.
Speaker 3: Still number ones.
Speaker 4: Also discover Embra Purer. Also discover Embra Purre's Embra purjofs mostly Fragrance. Also discover Emperor Purre's I can't say it, guys, I can't do it. I can't do it. Embra Purer joffs mostly I'm gonna have to sell it right down. Also discover Ebra Purresjoff's most love fragrance, fresh and fruity, this fragrance.
Speaker 3: Do you think maybe they've hired the wrong person him to be the face?
Speaker 4: I'm going to go from the top.
Speaker 2: Wonderful.
Speaker 4: Also discover Heber Purates I didn't say it wrong the whole time, e r b A. How would you say that?
Speaker 3: Erber you've been saying it beautifully.
Speaker 4: It's not Herber who.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but the lady at the cannon when I asked for it's going to be very confused.
Speaker 4: Shout out to my great class, Easy beauty, go in there and ask the lady is he there?
Speaker 3: They'll just give Melbourne a bit of clarity. What's the product? What am I asking for? When I go in there?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Tell him. Laurence said, you were from Mount Buller this morning.
Speaker 4: Buller, we are look out there, Bullet.
Speaker 3: Buller's Fiji the knaka. What are you doing? Ready? Do I get my light?
Speaker 4: To be honest, I'm not sure what planet was saying?
Speaker 3: House?
Speaker 4: We are? Can I get a beautiful spot here? I'm just looking out the window watching the what have we got out there? Ski school is getting ready to go?
Speaker 3: And the media umbrella umbrella in my mulled wine.
Speaker 4: Jason. Well, you know why I said, Buller, because Jason's sitting here in board shorts and a T shirt.
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Bro?
Speaker 4: He's gone the crocodile board shorts to scream snow.
Speaker 3: I'm about to go on the snow patrol.
Speaker 4: So he's gone shorts on.
Speaker 3: The buggy, not the band. You're unuffy. Yeah, they're going to take me for a hon Do I get to drive?
Speaker 4: Or is it just because you know who else is in the building, the snow Popo, and you ain't driving anywhere.
Speaker 3: That's going to be degrading. A grown man holding the waist of another man on the snow patrol going.
Speaker 4: Down the hill, especially in those shorts. You're gonna put pants on her. That's just silly.
Speaker 3: I told you I bought four pairs of shorts and a pair of songs. I wish we had have enrolled him in ski school with all the kids.
Speaker 4: I don't that's kids. The kids do not do.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 4: Feels like minus eight out there.
Speaker 3: You think I might burn up? Hey? Coming up next? Wow, we are about to probe the snow paper. You know how we like to probe the Pope. Yeah, different areas the Victorian police. Will this blew me away? They've got a cop station up here, Move over Mount Thomas. We got one on Mount Buller. Butler. No, I don't know the heritage of this joint if it's Italian, but they make a mean lasagna.
Speaker 4: The food in the restaurant would where we had dinner last night where we were this morning was so good. This is a great spot because the chairlift's right there. You can just ski in ski.
Speaker 3: Were you responsible for ordering the entrepes?
Speaker 4: I was. I did a good job.
Speaker 3: You went a little menu happy.
Speaker 4: No one likes no one likes an under order.
Speaker 3: Under order, good call, and.
Speaker 4: I think some of the staff took a couple of the pizzas home that we overordered to So you're were welcome.
Speaker 3: Do we have leftover?
Speaker 4: We do not. I gave it to the star.
Speaker 3: Damn it all right. Today you're gonna be a little bit of wind a round. Make sure you take it easy on the roads. A little bit of cloud as well. Seventeen is the top play a curl. The cops are here, Jason Lawrence, the snowfo.
Speaker 4: Yes especially edition of Probe the POPEO. Today it is Probe the snow Pop Poe and we are joined by Senior Constable Amy Starza.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks, what a gig.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's pretty good af here.
Speaker 4: Do you have a ski? Do you ski with sirens on it or how does it work?
Speaker 6: We don't have skis, but we've got the snowmobile with sirens and he does have sirens and like, yeah, if you're.
Speaker 3: Skiing, do you make the sound of the siren to get to the location?
Speaker 9: Only in my head?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Jace wanted to know earlier if there was a speed limit on Burk Street for skis.
Speaker 4: Burk Street for those who haven't been to Mount Buller before, is the main run. It's a right you're on skis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no speed limit. You can go as fast or slow as you want.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the patronizing.
Speaker 4: You can roll down the hill as well.
Speaker 3: Get down there.
Speaker 4: What are you guys? What are you doing up here? Are you here all season round? How does it work? Do you live on the mountain? Do you have to drive up here every morning?
Speaker 6: So yeah, in the winter season, police are up here for the whole season. We spend a week up here at a time, and that week we're up here, we live on the mountain.
Speaker 4: How good keeping the mountain safe?
Speaker 3: Is it a pretty popular job in the forest, Like a lot of people putting their hand up.
Speaker 6: You only get to do this gig if you work in the stations surrounding an alpine area. So it's not open to everyone to do and for us to be able to work up here. We've got to do quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Of training for your Mansfield based right.
Speaker 9: Mansfield base yet cool?
Speaker 4: So the base of the mountain and then you come up for a week and how often are you up here? Do you do one week and that's you've done for the season or are you one week on one week off?
Speaker 6: So for me, this is my first deployment up here. I've recently just gotten qualified. But typically members might do four or five deployments.
Speaker 4: And what are you doing arresting people for aggressive snowball fights, stolen skiz?
Speaker 9: Yeah, sometimes.
Speaker 3: You should really look at a speed limit. Some people are very fast.
Speaker 9: No, so day to day entails different things.
Speaker 6: You know. Where we have a police presence on the mountain, people like to see us out and about and makes them feel really reassured that we're out there up here. It's a small village, it's a small community, and there's hundreds and sometimes thousands of people up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, do you have a jail up here, like a holding cell.
Speaker 4: Mount ball of jail.
Speaker 9: No, we don't have a jail up here.
Speaker 6: We need to put anyone in a holding sale, we'll take them down the mountain.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, Yeah, it'd be cold. In a prison up here, it would be very cold. Yeah, very cold.
Speaker 5: I came up here a few years ago because there's a missing man as well, you know, because people it's not just the snowfields, people that go hiking all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Mountball is a really big area and as you can see, the conditions can change it anytime, so it's not hard for people to get lost or disorientated and lose their way on the mountain.
Speaker 9: And then that's where we come in.
Speaker 3: So what do we got. We've got a police car, We've got snow patrol vehicles with lights and sirens. Yep, they look fun.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they are a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: The snowmobiles are heaps of fun and you get to have like do you knock off and go all right, let's have board, let's have a ski? Uh not really, just the hours we work is mostly you know, all the daylight hours there are, and we're a twenty four hour response as well.
Speaker 4: So no no.
Speaker 3: Upbraces for you, Jo, I'm on the fireballs. You take this one when you're on. You're here for the week.
Speaker 9: So when we're here for the week, we can get caught out at any time.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty happy place. Mail Buller, though, isn't it. You said you must see lots of happy people having a great time, families, couples, romantic up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, there's people.
Speaker 6: That come up here and they just love the snow and enjoy their time, and we want to make sure everyone has a safe and happy time up here as well.
Speaker 3: What sort of training do you have to do for this sort of deployment.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of training we need to do. We do a lot of different courses within Victoria Police. We need to learn how to drive the four wheel drives and you know, coming up here today, the road was pretty slippery and.
Speaker 3: Can you put the chains on? They look like quite the audio.
Speaker 6: We can put the chains on. They're not the funnest thing to do, but we can do it. It's part of our training. We also do a navigation course, so we learn how to navigate different areas and through bush lands to.
Speaker 9: Find people who go missing or need rescuing.
Speaker 3: We just used the navigation in Lawrence cart You guys should get that and it was pretty good too.
Speaker 4: Apple Masks. There's like one road up and one a few.
Speaker 5: A few bakery detours. The amazing bakeries around.
Speaker 3: A sport for choice. When you wear the uniform into the local bakeries, you get a free little niche tart.
Speaker 4: No I was going to put every time we probe the poper. We asked them if they just sit around eating donuts like in the Simpsons, and everyone says no, I'll give you a little tip.
Speaker 9: Under the stairs at the bottom there's a very very good donut.
Speaker 4: Man. Yeah, down there. These guys went out for a drink last night and they had to walk back up the hill. And I have heard about them having to walk back up to come home.
Speaker 3: We left one of our team members behind. Well, like, sorry, mate, we're cutting your lease. He's down there on the stairs. We're going to pick him up on the way.
Speaker 4: It for the donuts.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Hey, thanks so much for all the work you do. We love getting the Victorian police and you guys doing an amazing job and you keep never unsafe up here at Man Buller, so we appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Thanks so much. Appreciated.
Speaker 4: There you go, see you, Constable Amy Stars are there probing the snow Popo this morning.
Speaker 3: I'm going on a little hon on one of the snow Patrol vehicles soon.
Speaker 4: I mean, are you sticking around for a while because we might also need the medics. Can we get them on call?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're sticking around. See what I can do?
Speaker 3: Walk in? Can we warm up the defib We are sure you want to do this? Yeah, it's fine mate, we can get wrong. We are doing it thanks to what If. It is Ossie for travel and we are live at Mount Buller this morning. Alberg House is where we are. It is an absolute cracking spot. They put us up last night. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's been great, what a great We had a great night last night, had a great morning this morning.
Speaker 3: Did you guys hear Share got booked to you? Last night? Share performed.
Speaker 4: There was a concert. There was a concert singing. I believe she was singing. Believe she was good, cheer had.
Speaker 3: A few shampoos people that were staying in the room next to Lauren last night.
Speaker 4: I did. I put on a concert.
Speaker 3: Producers, whether they liked it.
Speaker 4: Or not, He's exactly right. They have no choice but to be my fan when I start singing.
Speaker 5: The hospitality here at Alburg House has been exceptional, hasn't it?
Speaker 3: Incredible?
Speaker 4: And beautiful morning this morning as well, beautiful breakfast.
Speaker 3: The wood room.
Speaker 4: He has local very nice.
Speaker 3: We are about to get out of here, but a massive thank you to the crew here at Mount Buller for looking after us, except Dave, who looked after us a little bit too well. Last night.
Speaker 4: Where's Dave? Dave's fault Dusty this morning?
Speaker 3: You know what He's going to kill me for something? Dave?
Speaker 4: Dave's steering clean.
Speaker 3: O the day. Do you know what Dave and I did last night?
Speaker 4: Now, I went to bed, so I don't know what you and Dave did. But when I said to Dave, how are you feeling this morning? You said I felt better?
Speaker 3: He's Dave, Dave, Dave, how are you? Dave? Why don't you tell Lauren and Clint about the video we film last night?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Do we have to talk about this? Well, Jase might want to talk about the video? What was in the video?
Speaker 3: So Dave and I definitely relate. He's got three kids as well, yes, and you know, unfortunately he couldn't go home last night yet to be here the dads went out on the town's night out. You're outing me.
Speaker 4: Hopefully Dave's wife and children aren't listening to what did they do on video?
Speaker 3: They listen to a different show. So Dave and I recorded a video quite early in the night, oh, pretending it was the end of the dinner. Oh that way, everyone looked pretty anyway, night, Dave, thanks for dinner.
Speaker 6: What great, What a great dinner, Jason, fantastic And it was I think he was recorded about seven point thirty.
Speaker 4: Seven hours before you wound up. Yeah, banked, banked it. That's smart day.
Speaker 3: That's good. Jase. I recorded a video as well, and we're about.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: That is it. We are out of here. Thank you so much to the current opt ball for having us.
Speaker 4: It has been awesome, so much fun.
Speaker 3: It's been a ripping twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: It has been.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of white stuff out there as well. Not go Forrahun. I'm actually about to go jump on the snow patrol. David, ash from the rest of you. If you should do this about.
Speaker 4: You wearing shorts dressed, have you got a jacket? At least I've got.
Speaker 3: A jacket on miss an idiot, Lauren, you should go nude.
Speaker 4: When he tried to call me BEFO already called me the playboy Bummy in enough trouble. We don't need him doing a Nudie run.
Speaker 3: Then again, the cops don't have a holding cell, so hey, have a great day everyone. We will be back from the Nova Studios in South Well, but tomorrow we will see then bye bye.
Speaker 4: Very's gonna be a good Jason Lauren. Jason Lauren wake up feeling Good on Noverer one hundred. Jason Lauren bollygood on Socials