Speaker 1: Get day, Adelaide, Welcome to the studio, news reader, Abby.
Speaker 2: Who can I just say, Joe's is an absolute gift from the heavens.
Speaker 3: I don't mean that savings.
Speaker 4: You don't move, Actually, he you just give me attitude all morning. I walked in here before you said a very unsavory name to me, is I walked in like it's.
Speaker 3: A term of infection.
Speaker 1: It's an infection. It's a term of infection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that actually makes a lot of sense. Big difference between affection and infection.
Speaker 3: There is a significant difference. Anyway. My name is Abby's affection, okay, term of affection. Okay.
Speaker 4: So I told you guys about this over the break, and we thought, you know, because Abby's life is a show, let's bring it on to a So my sister, my beautiful sister, I'm gonna put her in a tamra. She came down and stay with us because she'd had some over the holiday period.
Speaker 3: So she an infection or an afection. So she luckily has no infection yet.
Speaker 4: So she said, oh, look, I've got all these vouchers for facials and for massages and things like that, and I haven't used them, and I'm not going to it because she doesn't like that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, Sam, husband, if you're listening, stop buying it for it.
Speaker 4: So I thought, you know what, that'd be great on my holidays to go and get a facial in a massage. So when I go to windodaspar at Hyde Park.
Speaker 3: I walk in, Hi, Hey, you going, yep?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 4: Go through and I have this beautiful, this amazing facial massage.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, and do do do it? Oh wow, it's just amazing, you know.
Speaker 4: I walk out and the woman says to me, oh, you've got thirty five dollars, and I went, ah, oh okay, and thinking she meant, you've got thirty five dollars, you know, so you have a product worth of product or something too, and I sort of went oh okay, And then I went and she said it again and she said it a different way, and I said, sorry, what are you saying? She said, well, it's one hundred and fifty dollars, but you've got thirty five dollars left on the card. You've spent one hundred and fifty. So then we've realized and I've gone out, I've paid because you just as you do, you just I just thought, okay, yeah, cool, paid walked out. I emailed them to say, I think there's been just you know, there's just an error here.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have been charged for this.
Speaker 4: But then on an Doda you can look at the transaction history.
Speaker 3: She used one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and thirty or one hundred and fifty dollars of this voucher back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: So I've gone to Endoda, had this beautiful treatment, and I'm out one hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: I thinking it was meant to be free.
Speaker 1: WHOA, Yeah, that's good. That's just you know that, that's sisterly love right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it got me thinking, what do you you know? What gift has gone wrong? Essentially? Have you gifted something to someone you'd already spent it? Have you been gifted something it was all it wasn't you know, you had to go and use it.
Speaker 3: It didn't work. What gifts have gone wrong? They did twenty four ten get involved. I had one, so you guys might remember that. On a Friday here we have like a team meeting and we spin a wheel, right, so exciting like an oval slash five double a wheel and you spin it. If you spin up the number one, you win the major prize. And on this occasion, the major prize was a night at the Adelaide Oval. Okay, lo and behold, Jody spins the wheel and up comes number one. So they give me this voucher, right, and it's it's a visa voucher, so basically, but it's to use at the Adelaide Oval. And so I call up the Adelaide Oval and go to cash in said voucher and go and have a lovely evening with Greg Cotty and the Adelaide.
Speaker 4: Because that's something that you should ead with four children. But anyway, well maybe that's how they came about in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sound anyway, and I try to use the gift voucher and they're like, I'm sorry, this has got thirty five cents on it.
Speaker 1: That is not enough. That is not enough money. So who's the blame here?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know what did you do? Did you pay? No, of course not. I just brought it back to the office and I was like, ah, this has got thirty five cents on it. And then you can see the transition transaction history and someone had gone through and spent like seven dollars at the OTR and Elizabeth and I was like, all these little amounts at different places. And then what I discovered is that people have been stealing these vouchers from Saint Cole's and going and using them and then putting them back.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they've got to be activated.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. How do I look like a finance expert back gift cards to you? You've got a bloody expert about anything, Todyottie is there was thirty five cents on my voucher.
Speaker 1: That's not an ideal gift at all.
Speaker 2: No shocking gifts that you've received, or maybe even shocking gifts that you've given, and you know that it's a bad gift, but you like, do you know what, I'm just checking this off. It still counts. I've done what I needed to do. Thirteen twenty four to ten heads up as well. Best Cause will go in the draw for five course meal with matching wines at Kingsford at the Barossa Thanks So Winter weekend escape.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: I'd say you'd give some shopping shocking gifts if you actually ever gave me one.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yeah, that's coming to your annual gift is coming very very soon. Remember when I gave my beautiful wife car that jewelry box from Neds.
Speaker 1: It costs like one hundred and thirty bucks.
Speaker 4: It's been one hundred and thirty dollars on a jewelry box Neds in welland shopping center.
Speaker 1: Now, well, this is convenient.
Speaker 2: I can go to Cales, get a haircut and also go popp in the Neds as you do at welland at welland.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a great, great little shopping nod to that one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 1: Did I promise you?
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 2: It cost one hundred and thirty bucks. And it's the first time ever that I gave a car a gift. And she's like, I'm sorry, I can't be polite about this anymore. We're taking them back.
Speaker 3: You even went to Tiffany's once and got her she still hated it. You're the worst gift.
Speaker 2: You've ever yes thirteen twenty four. Ten shocking gifts that you've received, or maybe some shocking gifts that you have given.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Rosemary.
Speaker 6: Good morning, good morning, welcome back guy.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you Rosmie. What did you get?
Speaker 6: Okay? I got a gift and it was pasta.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: I mean, in what form did it, calm Rosemary.
Speaker 6: So basically it was a birthday gift. And some friends know how much I love pasta. Every time we go out, I always order pasta. It's always passed. So they got me a whole faster worth of pasta. Every single past they you would think of Fristilly penny everything with it. It was like a huge plaster to be there, and there was so much pastor in there. Like I reckon, I had about six months worth a pasta.
Speaker 3: I don't hate it, Rosbary.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it's a pretty good gift for you there, Rosemary, like it was.
Speaker 6: It really was, but it was a bit unexpected. I was not interesting that so it was a bit of surprise and shots at the same.
Speaker 3: Time, apart from being very calb heavy, I think that's a wonderful give Rosemary. And at least it wasn't one of those macaroni necklaces.
Speaker 1: And you're like, this is junk guars, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: But one of those gifts as were we like, I'm a little bit disappointed, but it's actually really practical. Yes, I've been given my license. I think it might have been my parents. They paid for my license for the next ten years.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: It's like a three hundred dollars gift. Yeah, but you're like, oh, it doesn't have the wow factor. That's very practical.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you mister missus Hayes. That was a lovely thought. Rachel, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hey, how are you good?
Speaker 3: You DoD your gift? Go please?
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness. Money there's always a great gift to be given because you spend anything. But a family friend sent money laminated in a sheet so you couldn't get it out. Well, so you know, a couple of fifty dollars notes laminated in it, you know, and you know it looks beautiful, but logically it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: What happens? Can you? Can you unlaminate something?
Speaker 7: You can't? It just yeah, it heats up and the money sticks to the plus. So yeah, it's good gift.
Speaker 3: You know what. That's someone got given a laminating machine and it's just gone overboard.
Speaker 1: I'm laminating everything. I tried laminating my hand before. That was really painful. I'll try fifty dollars nights.
Speaker 3: Oh, Rachel, thank you so much for you call Shannon, good morning. You dodge your gift please.
Speaker 8: Good morning guys. So a couple of years ago, my grandmother gave me a scratchy pack because I just random scratchy for gripple. They she had scratched them all and only put the winners in there because she didn't want me to be disappointed by getting.
Speaker 2: Any movie's Actually that's actually really sweet as so awful.
Speaker 8: But it was a bit. Yeah, it's odd, but.
Speaker 2: He's a good one, Shannon. What sort of wins we talking about?
Speaker 1: Were they?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: He didn't win twenty thousand dollars? Did it was like a three dollar winning Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think it was like seven dollars in total or something.
Speaker 6: I think support was.
Speaker 3: Isn't that such a grandmother thing to do? I don't want my poor little boy to be disappointed, so I'm going to give him the winning scratches. That's cute and nice.
Speaker 2: That's from yeah, from the heart, and thank you so much for everybody who has calls. Here's what you're.
Speaker 3: Waking up to, Adelaide news.
Speaker 1: What's the news today?
Speaker 3: News? All the information that you need to know to rip into your day, So you just hang out the water caller. Does anyone hang out at the water cooler anymore, I think. So it's true in the fact, yeah, and just be like, hey, do you hear what's happening in post news news?
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden the water caller goes blood blog blug now and it does that.
Speaker 3: That's when you know it's near the bottom. You get to call the water cooler man come around and replace it. Anyway, we digress having the newsroom, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Wow, haven't I missed you too? Not so sixty Minutes was a really emotional one.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 4: Grant Stevens, who was our police commissioner, and his wife Emma were on the program talking about the loss of their youngest son, Charlie. So if you remember, he was allegedly hit and killed, sorry, allegedly there was a hit and run at school and the driver, Darren Rwanda, has come out and he has pled guilty to two lesser charges so it avoids a trial. But you know, obviously we lost Charlie and he was eighteen years old start of his life, which was obviously very very sad. But yeah, they talked to sixty Minutes just about, you know, going on about life after the crash in the incident.
Speaker 3: Two things that stood out for me.
Speaker 4: One was that there's been around two hundred and twenty thousand dollars which has been raised so far in Charlie's name, and that's for Operation Flinders, which is essentially taking at risk teens and popping them into a like an adventure therapy program. It's helped over ten thousand at risk teenagers, which is just absolutely amazing. So they spoke about that, and they also spoke about how Darren has written this letter to say how sorry he is and has taken responsibility and yet it was a really emotional interview, but I think one that a lot of people would have been watching and speaking about because you know, we see Grant Stevens is our police commissioner, but he also is a dad and that's where people can relate, you know.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was really good, really really good interview, really powerful stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a snippet from what he had last night.
Speaker 2: We're trying really hard to get on with life, but there's always this sense of.
Speaker 1: Not having Charlie. There's a gap that is very very deep.
Speaker 3: Isn't it? And I think I think the reason people can relate to Grant Stephen so much is because he was the one we all looked to during COVID H and he was so stoic, and he was so resolute, and he was so courageous in the way that he guided this state through what was unknown territory. And to see this happen to him now always like, well, of all the people, shouldn't be him or his beautiful wife. So yeah, it's a very sad story. Speaking of not sad stories, is Margot Robbie. I didn't know how to segway there, but Margot Robbie is expecting her first baby. Oh from Bobbie to baby. So people's reporting that Margot Robbie is pregnant. She and her husband Slash producing partner Tom MacAlley are expecting their first child. She debuted her baby bump in Lake Homo on the weekend. That's nice, isn't that? Lovely?
Speaker 1: Put on you?
Speaker 3: Margot love Margo Robbie.
Speaker 2: I just sort of feel like the baby's probably going to be flawless, I think, So do you get that feeling as well?
Speaker 3: Have you seen Tom? Have you seen Tom Ackley?
Speaker 4: No, Cutell doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 3: She's stunning. Yeah, I know, so at the start of the year she said she was taking break from being in front of the camera after Barbie, and she said, everyone's sick of the side of me. Well, no, we're not dull.
Speaker 4: We're all she's doing a Sims remake. We're not remake, sorry, but a Sims like movie. Is you know the Sims Yeah, you when you were younger.
Speaker 3: Oh, well is that funny, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Hey, just quickly, let's talk about some Crows news. Unfortunately, couldn't get it done yesterday against the lines are close.
Speaker 1: We're close.
Speaker 3: I think we were all heartened by the fight that they showed.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Unfortunately for Kross fans as well, we probably getting the stage where you're like, it's good to show some fight and the loss is still a loss, and.
Speaker 3: They could have won that very aggressive and last year, whoa, there was some language too.
Speaker 1: You really vented in, you as really vented.
Speaker 2: Isaac Regan's probably going to miss three weeks. He's probably going to set straight to the tribunal. So he's had a bit of a hit on Brandon Stasovich because he didn't intentionally try to get him in the head.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter his head collected his jaw and can cust him.
Speaker 2: And if it's an action where you're even trying to bump, it's a natural action, but it results in concussion, You're in big, big trouble, unfortunately, our boy ranking it's.
Speaker 3: Going to miss we need at this point, is it?
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: And I'm starting to think individually, like does this affect his chances to score himself his first all Australian jacket and things like that, and maybe your best and fairest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what sort of bonus has come with that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: So even if he didn't intend to hit him the way he did, he's still going to get done for it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's ridiculous, it is, but that is a new rule you So you just wouldn't bump with the risk of accidentally having a head clash.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's what happened to Charlie Dixon. And the sample.
Speaker 3: Is that the end of the bump, then what should be.
Speaker 2: You can get away with the bump if it's completely claim, but if you bump someone and even if you accidentally hit them in the head and get them, you're in big, big trouble.
Speaker 3: Well, you've played football like you've played football, so like, how do you know what the outcome is going to be when you go in to bump someone?
Speaker 1: Very unpredictable. It's a hip bloke though it was a different times. It was a different time.
Speaker 3: At the Ponderosa, and you knew what the outcome was going to be when you did that.
Speaker 2: I tried to stomp on a bloke one time. This is a dead Dead series. We're playing against Port Adelaide. I tried to stomp on a bloke's foot and I missed, and I did it so hot I thought that I broke my own leg. I felt this real sharp jolt go up my leg. I thought that I'd crack my own legs trying to stomp on a bloke was It wasn't very skillful, so I had to make up in other ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, wonder he didn't make it in the AFL.
Speaker 3: Being absolutely filthy.
Speaker 2: Go to past six. Let's talk all things six to fifteen Venue machine quiz. Next, the first question question rather, Joe's going to drop it.
Speaker 3: It is winter, so I tried a little mini holiday escape to the Gold Coast. I thought, oh, go to the Gold Coast. They say it'll be sunny, they say, well, he rained the whole four days and it was cold the whole four days.
Speaker 2: Oh, very nice. So even the GC experiences winter as well, it would say.
Speaker 3: Exactly right. And you see things when you travel, don't you.
Speaker 1: You do, particularly on that route, yeah, Adelaide to the GC.
Speaker 3: You see things when you're at airports. And I had the absolute misfortune of encountering a man on the way back at the flight was Virgin Gold Coaster, Adelaide, And I knew I was on that flight. Do you want to know how I knew? There was a guy next to me that was wearing a bright pink beanie that just said truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, truck meaning code for another word.
Speaker 3: It wasn't true. Yeah, I'll give you the big tip. And it's confronting. I have to say. It's like when you see those bumper stickers and it's like see you in the NT and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was I think that's like a proper mini campaign.
Speaker 3: I know. I just I'm not apprude. You know, I'm not apprude, but things like that just make me curdle.
Speaker 2: No, I'm exactly the same, you know me. I'm the most immature person on the planet. Yes, But now with kids. Yeah, six year old in particular, and the three year old just picks up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: She will literally you say a word with any word that starts within, and you said the F word.
Speaker 3: And I was traveling with the twelve year old, and even I was like, oh my god, shield or Ice, think of the children.
Speaker 1: For goodness. So, oh my very trucking goodness.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he had this big, long, flowing blonde mullet out the back as well.
Speaker 1: I just and then Philip wasn't.
Speaker 3: And then you walk down the aisle and you're like, please don't let me be next to that man, Please don't mate man. Sure enough he was in the aisle next to us. And thank god it wasn't a full flight being from the Gold Coast Adelai because most people aren't going in that direction this time of year, and so we can relocate ourselves down the back that I just thought, what goes through someone's head when they purchased that beanie and think this would be a fantastic idea to wear this in public.
Speaker 2: Know that they look at that beat and go truck, Yeah, I need to buy It's perfect.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm going to do just to make all the men on the planet uncomfortable. I'm going to buy a beanie and it's just going to have perry menopausal or pre menstrul pre mentul.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you know how it feels to feel slightly awkward, fellas, that's different tactics.
Speaker 1: It goes both ways.
Speaker 5: Now that's a job. That was a joke.
Speaker 1: That's a job, job, a terrible job. Half missed this the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm miss laughing.
Speaker 5: I misla miss.
Speaker 1: You haven't laughed from about two and a half weeks. I haven't.
Speaker 3: My whole family is like, what's wrong with you? You're so sad all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm bored.
Speaker 5: I need to go back to work.
Speaker 3: Is that because you haven't been around me? Yeah? Let's run without, shall we.
Speaker 2: It's saying that Abby is the drain when it comes to all things joker, lad, So welcome back to this space.
Speaker 1: Abs.
Speaker 3: Good to have you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: How kick things off and you don't mind you know the drill if you've got a joke as well, I mean, I fall double nine nine nine my nine, please text a throat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because the Internet is an infinite resource until it comes to jokes and then they can really dry up.
Speaker 1: I feel like they recycle the same jokes.
Speaker 2: It's kind of strange, isn't it. Anyway, I'm a dad, That's all I'll say about this one. Why did the line go to therapy? The like of therapy because he found out.
Speaker 1: That his wife was a cheetah? Which is crazy, the cross breeding and all those type of peace. Imagine a cheating with a man?
Speaker 3: Any interesting? Okay? Well do you want men to own next? Yep? Okay, mine's a little bit blue. Maybe it's okay all right?
Speaker 5: Abs is the queen of blue.
Speaker 3: By the ways, Yeah, I think I'm going to get fired from line today.
Speaker 5: She doesn't navy blue. This is sort of light blue?
Speaker 3: Is this is aqua? Okay? So a mum decided to clean up her teenage boys room, oh and discovered a bunch of BDSM gear O whips and chains and the like, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Classic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry about that, missus Hayes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And so the mom spoke to the dad and said, how do you think we should punish him? And he said, can I suggest not a spanking.
Speaker 5: Because maybe he'd like that? Okay, punishment at all?
Speaker 4: I'm ninety two point five percent sure that I've done that joke before.
Speaker 3: But anyway, moving on, Oh wow, moving on.
Speaker 4: Okay, there was a man who had three girlfriends and he was trying to decide which one he should marry. So he thought, right, I'm going to give all of them five grand and see what they do. So the first one gets five grand. She goes and buys this beautiful wardrobe and you know, all these clothes, comes back here.
Speaker 3: I'll put you this beautiful wardrobe.
Speaker 9: Marry me.
Speaker 4: Second one goes and gets him all these iPads and all these like tech things.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: He's five grand worth of tech, Like, you know, we can have an amazing life. Blah blah blah. Third one shush.
Speaker 4: Third one goes and invest the money, makes ten grand, gives five grand back to him, keeps five grand for herself. So he's like, who am I going to marry? Which one am I going to marry? In the end, he married the one with the biggest melons.
Speaker 2: Creatures you can really knuckle down and try to get all the elements out.
Speaker 1: Of it, and comes back to perhaps just a few different.
Speaker 3: Elements correct, And also, can I just I feel like there's a big tension between us this morning. I was yawning at your joke. I was yawning at the woman who brought him all the teche. Oh that's all right, she.
Speaker 5: Jodes. Let's just jump back in shower. You know what I'm talking about. Let's all take a shower together. All right, it's happened again.
Speaker 2: A few like we keep on circling back to this particular point, which I've been on about for about.
Speaker 5: I don't know, fifteen to seventeen years.
Speaker 2: A TV host has revealed that she brushes her teeth in the shower, which has sparked a wild debate.
Speaker 5: I shouldn't. It should be absolutely part of your normal routine.
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 5: Why? Is why?
Speaker 1: What's the debate?
Speaker 5: Americans? Just catching up?
Speaker 2: A TV host was shocked to discover that her colleague brushed her teeth in the shower, sparking one of the all time debates over hygiene.
Speaker 9: So in my shower, I have on my hair products. The other thing I like to do is, oh there is my toothbrush. While I'm in here, I'm gonna put it on. Oh look at me, my conditioner setting in. I'm brushing my teeth and then all done.
Speaker 1: Our holder cobbed.
Speaker 3: Are you saying whatever you say man, say it with confidence.
Speaker 2: And Jenna bush Hagar started debate over the habit on today. So Jenna bush Hagar is George Bush's daughter there, Yeah, so come on, can we just grabe just for a second. And I don't know if you know this, And how would you know what I do in the shower? Well, I wouldn't brush my teeth for years and years. I do so many different things in the shower.
Speaker 1: What else do you do?
Speaker 2: I do everything but clean myself. Sometimes I come out of the shower and I'm dirty, and when I got in there before.
Speaker 3: I'm so afraid to ask what else are you doing in there?
Speaker 2: I like to eat fruit in the shower and also carrots. You've got to be very selective with the foods that you can eat in there. Obviously, it's ones where if you get water and it's fine. Yeah, I'd sometimes like to take a coffee into the shower as well.
Speaker 3: I heard about someone eating a yogurt in the shower.
Speaker 1: Brilliant, absolutely perfect. That's nice because you get a little bit of water that on yogurt. It's completely fine. No one's going to complain about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very strange. I think just talk us through the thought process. I'm going to have a shower. I'm going to grab a carrot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's all about just keeping yourself sort of re energized refuels and it's sort of knocking off not just one or two, maybe three or four birds at once with one stone.
Speaker 5: That's what it's about in the shower.
Speaker 3: I just need to circle back for a moment. There is nothing wrong with cleaning your teeth in the shower. In fact, it saves water. You're saving the planet and you're enamel.
Speaker 2: Spot on and you just have to slightly tilt your neck up to get the water inside your mouth before you rinse and gargle.
Speaker 3: It's so true.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant and it works.
Speaker 2: And I know the other things you think and you sort of touch on them before Jode's and it's a very dirty bird thought of you. But what I would say is in that particular space, Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, if you don't have kids yet, you wait till you've got a six and a three year old. And just how aggressive are they just they just charge into the bathroom. And if they were to charge into the wrong moment and you were doing something which was very.
Speaker 3: Untoward eating a carrot, Like eating a.
Speaker 1: Carrot that could scar them for the rest of their life. Do you know what I mean? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to catch out.
Speaker 1: Let's exit right here. Okay, special birthday to someone in your family.
Speaker 3: Not in my family. She wanted it to be, though, So we had an absolute epic tantrum slash meltdown on Friday night in our house. And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: Doesn't that just keep you alive?
Speaker 3: Doesn't it just remind you you're alive on planet.
Speaker 5: Earth and b your repairing good for the soul.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So Friday night, when we're just wanting to shut things down and go to bed, the four year old in our house, whose birthday isn't till think October, had a birthday party of her two best friends the next day. Lock in Hugo.
Speaker 1: How old? Sorry? How old?
Speaker 3: She she's four?
Speaker 1: For two best friends?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Scar, Yeah, two.
Speaker 3: Best skindy friends. Lock in Hugo. We're having a joint birthday party on the Saturday. Well, because she's the third part of this trio that did not sit well with Harper Body. So on Friday, the conversation went like this, I need you to change my birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This is conversation with dad.
Speaker 2: That man can change a lot of things spaces, but he can't rearrange time.
Speaker 3: No, and he very delicately tried to explain, well, your birthday is the day that you came out of your mother. I can't go back in time and retrace history and rearrange things and have you come out on a different date. I just can't do it, darling.
Speaker 2: Perhaps Harp, if we could, things wouldn't turn out too well for you. But we love you so much, so much.
Speaker 3: I love you so much. So in between the sobs and the hysterics, she's like, my husband drops this one. I'll email them on Monday.
Speaker 1: What sorry, half, We've got an email back. They're closed.
Speaker 3: So the conversation with I need you to change my birthday. I'll email them on Monday. It will be too late.
Speaker 2: I love as well that this is clearly do you know what this is? This has learned behavior. My mum has been pulling off this every year for the last fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Changed my birthday.
Speaker 3: Birthday.
Speaker 2: I'm going to just rattle off a headline which I don't think is going to surprise too many people when it comes to cats. Our cats hate us and are plotting our downfall. This according to a new study by Burns Pet Nutrition. It found that a third of cat owners have worken to discover that their cat was just staring at them and it's will freaky when they do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just you just what are you actually thinking?
Speaker 2: And if it had, if it was capable of stabbing you with a knife, would it If.
Speaker 3: This was the human version and I woke up and my husband was just staring at.
Speaker 1: Me, big question marks, I'll be like, oh, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Call the place is our life insurance in order? Because I feel like you can we one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Forty percent say that they're constantly wear of their moggi's watchful eyes at the window when they're outside, while nearly a fifth admit that they've had their cat leap onto them out of nowhere and promptly terrify them. Cat owners have also reported being mauled, and this is one I love the most, gas lit or spied on, and have had their property wrecked thirteen twenty four ten. When have you been gas lit by your cat?
Speaker 3: What does that even look like?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: Gas lip by a cat?
Speaker 1: I reckon.
Speaker 2: So the way that they gaslight you is that they've probably ate the neighbors food. They've probably got the neighbors feeding them as well. And what they do is they gaslight you into thinking that they're hungry and that you're a bad owner because you haven't fed them immediately, and they'll get a double meal.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: It's gaslighting and it's absolute more than gas lighting one on one or cat gas lighting.
Speaker 2: More than a third of cat owners say that they can pet their cat for no more than five minutes before it attacks them or runs away, with one in ten saying an attack has drawn blood. Your cats are really lovely, aren't they. They don't get super angry at all. That's a cat, by the way, truly awful.
Speaker 5: So awful.
Speaker 1: What about this one? You know they do this?
Speaker 2: Absolute freaks, Laura Crotch Harvey said. Laura Crotch Harvey, who's nutritioness that Burns, said, the reason why we love our cats so much is because they are wonderful and curious creatures.
Speaker 1: Oh we love to be tormented.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goodness me, it's really interesting, isn't it. I feel like cats and I don't want to offend cat owners here, because there's probably a lot out there. But you know, when you meet some human beings and you're like, you're not just not a nice person, You're like, you're a bit sociopathic, and you're delicious, and you deliberately do things that are nasty.
Speaker 1: You're a cat.
Speaker 3: You're a cat.
Speaker 1: You're probably a cat. That's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: What about the other day when I was petting you. It was no more than five minutes before I got this response.
Speaker 3: I was just trying to give a nice little just what you do when I try to eat your food, not even your cat food, This is me when.
Speaker 1: You touch my food. That makes a lot of sense. All the cat owners out there going, yeah, that's right. My cat is a psycho as well.