Speaker 1: It's Lucky Dip time. Thanks for joining us. It's Mail and Monty today and every day. Hello, it is us, Melamonte. This is your Lucky Dip episode. And yeah, thanks for listening in. If you're a new time listener, thank you if you're an oldie. So many people have been reaching out at the moment and saying like I'm from you know, back in the on the couch days, like being with us from day one, which is just so because that's like twelve years. So thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a long time. Yeah, and people you know, naturally will flip in and out of you know, you listen to a podcasting like I try something new. That's commitment.
Speaker 1: It's such commitment. So thank you. So mel this is gonna like this is something I used to do a lot and then and I just stopped and now I've started again. And I know you're gonna roll your eyes because often we follow on Instagram people who are right into this and we're like, it's nauseating.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I know, I don't. You aren't I yeah, I am right back in to manifesting. Look, I don't think that's a bad thing. I think even if that works on a place ebo level. Yes, it doesn't matter. I look, I'm into horoscopes and shit, so yeah, true.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, But sometimes like the people who are riding it are a bit nauseating because it's like their life is so perfect. I manifested this and this and this, so I'm like, I'm trying not to be put off by that, and I'm trying to get back into it. It's something I used to do a lot, and my friends used to say, fuck, You're a master manifesto because it would be like I watched The Secret years and years ago when I was doing like my radio apprenticeship. In all I call it my apprenticeship, but I went there and I was I've got right into the Secret, and I would write it out, I would feel it. I would live as if certain things were going to happen, like I was going to get picked up by Nova and get a radio show. Certain things I was very specific on and they would happen. And I even used to do it with little things like a game like I'm going to get a car park out the front, and then it would fucking happen, like it became comical.
Speaker 2: I think that the theory of it makes sense in that I guess, you know, like that old thing what you think about, you bring about and I do believe that you put energy out there too, right so, and you know when they talk about people's frequencies and stuff, which is why sometimes you might feel connected to somebody that you might have met once or twice or totally. You're like, you're so different, but how do you feel that? But the only thing that pisces me off is these people that get on and they're talking about how they manage in fested this and that, but they also married very well, and like that's not manifesting to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know.
Speaker 2: I mean, and when you read a few self help books and then think that you're able to start, you know.
Speaker 1: Coaching people on it and stuff like that, yeah, I know, I know, And I know that a lot of people are into it and a lot of people also find it horseshit. But the thing with manifesting is you have to actively work towards it too. So when I say, you know, I manifested working at Nova and getting a show at Nova, I also worked my ass off to get there. So but then again, I'm like, very few women get have radio gigs, so it was like, yes, the odds were extremely against me, but I worked hard to it. But I constantly visualized myself, but I did the work for it as well. And there were other things like that, things like the car park though you couldn't explain that, like I would picture myself actively getting a car park and then get at it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, please imagine us like just getting I don't know, really rich.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing now, because I've got back into it, I've done a vision board and I'm journaling daily. I'm a new person.
Speaker 2: I'm into the New Monty. I'm into her too, the New Monty.
Speaker 1: The New Monty TNM can you call me that? From now? But I just realize I've been in such a slump for a couple of years, and I've got this buzz in my belly. And I know it's because my health's turned a little corner where a while ago I had that nerve ablation and then I occasionally going to hospital and it has kept my migraines at bay. Yes, and so now I've got a buzz in my body to create. It's like I have this feeling in my tummy and I'm like I'm going to take advantage of this. And the other day I got Sam at his work to print out on Miracle a printer that actually works pictures, and I got a piece of cardboard and I bought blue tag and I've stuck them up and I've put it in my bathroom. This morning, i walked into the bathroom and realized it had fallen off the wall. So that wasn't that good. But I've moved it to another wall. And I'm trying to daily manifest these things into my life. So I'll talk you through them.
Speaker 2: Tell me, tell me, here's the problem.
Speaker 1: They're quite superstitial, superficial and materialistic.
Speaker 2: Well i'd look, you know, I don't think that's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm doing with it. I'm using it as a game because I'm like, everything actually at the at the moment is okay. Like the boys are in an okay place, my health is okay. Yep, everything is okay. And I'm trying to really acknowledge that because I find a lot of the time, if something's not good, I will write off the whole day and go that was horseshit. Where really, if I broke it down, it would just be an hour or a couple of hours of that day that weren't good, but I glass half empty everything that I'm like, that's fucked. So then day after day after day, yes, becomes a shit day where really it's only snippets of the day. Yes. So I'm trying to acknowledge what's going well when I'm journaling, and then I am going, Okay, here's my list, and I'm literally have a list of things that I want and I'm trying to attract in my life.
Speaker 2: I don't even know who the fuck I'm talking to. I'm fucking Oprah Winfrey. Have you had a lobotomy since we were I don't know.
Speaker 1: Today I'm like, who am I now?
Speaker 2: This is good? This is very good.
Speaker 1: I'm conscious that this is going to go up and down in terms of my motivation, and even today when I was journaling, I'm like, today is great, and I have to acknowledge that I can have great days, but life is up and down, and so I need to remember this when there's a bad day that I feel really good again.
Speaker 2: This is the gift, right. I don't want to sound shit when I say this, because I know there are a lot of people that are going through a lot of really fucked up stuff. But I think this is the gift in when you do go through really hard times that when things do start to come good, you appreciate it. So if you've been unwell, yeah, you don't appreciate feeling well in the same way. It's like you appreciate it so much more much because you know what it's like to be sick and you think, fuck, I just want to feel normal again or whatever. Yes, so you know, no rain no rainbow, they say, so true, So tell me, tell me.
Speaker 1: I want to do this list and then I want you to do some of yours. So have a think while I'm listing out, mind okay, because I want you to start manifesting as well. I wish it's a different word. Yeah, anyway. One of the things I have is on the vision board to start with the non materialistic and superficial is a picture of friends jumping on a beach, and to me, that represents if I'm jumping, my health is good because if you've got a headache, there's no fucking jumping going on and we're on a beach. And one of my best memories and days in my life was when my beautiful friends Claire and Jacko got married in Bali. Yes, and I had, for some reason, total freedom, like we were in a gap where my mum's health was good. Yeah, and Bax was only had one kid and it was I felt free and I felt really happy and it's one of the best days of my life. So when I see that picture, I get that feeling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's good. Yeap.
Speaker 1: Then another thing is the new Lexus. Have you seen the new lexuses? I told you we're going through really materialistic look fucking sick. No, a boxy land Rover. They're awesome.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even know Alexis if I I'm not a car person.
Speaker 1: Well I'm not either, but I saw one the other day. I'm like, I want one of those. That's so I'll printed out a picture of Alexus.
Speaker 2: No judgment. This is almost a new segment. Yes, when do you want.
Speaker 1: Don't never do it again, like all of the other segments you come up with. But I've got a picture of our podcast and also icronic that I do with brook or around chronic health, and I've got a number one stuck in the middle of it.
Speaker 2: I like that. I'm into that.
Speaker 1: And then I've got a logo of Chemist Warehouse there because I'm trying to secret a beautiful partnership with a great brand that is in line with our podcasts.
Speaker 2: My favorite store of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's your favorite store. And I'm like, whether it's a Chemist Warehouse or something like that, I want us to get a beautiful partnership with a company so then we can get some more money in from the podcast and we can do this as our actual proper that's your side hustle. Like, yep, as much as this is our favorite thing we do, it is a side project because it doesn't bring in the big bucks for us. Yeah, so there's that. Then I've also got a house on there that I want, and I've also got like a picture of a kitchen and a bathroom done designed by YSG. Do you know that designer? No, Like they're the ones who did Zoe and Hamish's house.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the style is fucking phenomenal.
Speaker 2: This is the thing about like like Zoe and Hamish's house, right, Like I watched that and I was like, oh my god, this is incredible. Yes, but there is a level of wealth you need to have to be able to have a house like that and know that in five years.
Speaker 1: You need to redo it.
Speaker 2: It's going to have dated that.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean. I would have gripped back YSG version. I just love the style and I don't have that in me that I would love to be able to hire a designer to do a beautiful bob for me.
Speaker 2: Well you know what if we become the next Joe Rogan's Yes, I mean you you can update in five years totally.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing is I'm secreting a certain amount of money going into my bank account each month because at the moment it's zero. Yes, So I'm like, I'm going to add some more zeros and a number at the front.
Speaker 2: How does it work? Do you see it? Is it like you see the statement? Like you see the screen with the money on it? You know what it is?
Speaker 1: For me? I try and get a feeling. I try and think about what I want, and then I try and arouse a feeling of excitement and cringe worthy alignment with it. Right, So then I see it and I get the feeling of oh great, this has come in. And also I'm picturing financial freedom with it, but also being able to give a lot away. Yeah, because I know how good that makes you feel when you can be really generous with your money. And I'm picturing being able to take my girlfriends away on weekends together and being able to say to our family, Hey, we're going to Fiji and we're shouting all.
Speaker 2: Of you okay, money bags.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm money bags in it.
Speaker 2: It's so it's so good. The hard part in that is I feel like I swooping in with the negativity, but I'm not because I love it. But I know myself like the thought of oh, yeah, I can think it, but there's always the other voice going, how what No, Like that's not going to happen, like be really stick, like something pulling me going be really stick.
Speaker 1: But that's also us with blocks because I sometimes look at other people and go, but why do they have it? And why if they've got it, can't we have that as well?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? People have and do things all the time, and it's like they're not any different than us. They might have different skills and have done different stuff, but it's like they're just a fucking human who has no idea what they're doing either, So why can't we do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love this same Okay, so what's going on your shopping list from the universe.
Speaker 2: I think with money, right, it's such a it seems like a really small thing. I would just I would be happy if my mortgage was paid off. I don't even feel like I need a shit ton of money. Yeah, I just if what I made was mine, if it didn't have to go out to you know, like bulls and stuff. Jeez, I would say that is sort of wealthy to me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, mate, there is no one who's more uge free, Like, yeah, there's no one, do you know what I mean? So it's like to have that and then have the money you make be your money is yes, fucking that's financial freedom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I think, you know, a lot of the things I think about are internal stuff about myself that I wish I could change. Like I wish I could maybe let myself be more of who I used to be, because I'm like, I used to be fun. Yeah, yeah, not fun anymore.
Speaker 1: I think that too. I also think now it's the stage where we're at is there's not a lot of room for fun. Although I see other people doing more and getting together with friends and doing this, and I'm like they're having fun. I'll give you an example. Right.
Speaker 2: It's like, sometimes I'm like, I can be quite chaotic. I'm going to say this and sound like I'm bipolar, but I'm not. But like I can be really happy one second, and then it just takes one little thing and I'm down again. Yeah. Right. But sometimes it's like I have this impulse and I have done it before, and this is why I resist doing it. I might start dancing in the kitchen and putting the music up really loud and just fucking around. The problem is that, for example, then my son takes it a step too far and doesn't know when to stop and stop now, okay, it's it's finish now, and it keeps going and then that becomes a fine So I'm the problem.
Speaker 1: It's like when your kids do a joke or you let them get away with being a bit cheeky to you, and then they take it too far and you're like, no, we connected for a second, and then you took it too fucking far.
Speaker 2: I know, you laugh at one joke, and then it becomes they can trying to reach that.
Speaker 1: I know it, I know it well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So more internal things I think for me, it's more like, you know, wanting to give myself more freedom, let go of guilty, you know, like just to be in a better mindset. I'd love, you know, and all the all the normal stuff other people want. I want to be able to go to the shop and buy shit without thinking, which I do, but I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know what you mean. Also, a lot of that stuff could if you went to a psychologist, you could work through and and get there.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't know. I've been to them before. Not that i'm off.
Speaker 1: Them, the therapist.
Speaker 2: I've done that too.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just I'm.
Speaker 1: Sick of telling your story.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of it. I'm talking. Yeah, I'm like, I think I am the way I am. I've got to do the work. Yeah, you know what I mean. And I've got a that sounded fair. I should read The Secret again. I watched that. I watched it when it came out, and I remember being like, oh my god, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: And then a couple of the people on it were like exposed for being frauds.
Speaker 2: Because it's sort of like playing on people's hopes and dreams and then when it doesn't happen, how much harder it is when someone's built you up to go. You can have anything you want. And actually also it's like the universe provides for you. I'm like, well, my fucking mom died of cancer in front of you. I've seen my kids go through some hectic shit. I've been in bed nearly for a year at one point.
Speaker 1: Like, fuck you. I know it's so funny anyway, So we're getting there with our law of attraction. But thanks for indulging me. Maybe because I said it out loud, it's going to make it more real too, Like next week I could be driving my lesus.
Speaker 2: I really like this. I think this is. I think this is really no matter what it is, Yes, it's good. Your positivity is rubbing off on me.
Speaker 1: So well, even if it lasts two days, at least we got two years. Who cares? All right, thanks for listening. We love that you choose our podcast to listen to, and we absolutely love hearing from New Chantel podcast is where you find us and we'll chat to you.
Speaker 2: So love you