Speaker 1: Appociate production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode about My Bad Mum podcast.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I feel like I need to change up the intro a little bit.
Speaker 1: Someone said to me the other day or the other week I think it was, and they were like, imagine if you started it, and I was like, I balk it it every time. I go, oh, I can't start that. That's not me, that's not my place, that's my role, that's not my role. And then I sort of like, you know, you practice it, and I was like, it doesn't even sound the same. Can't even sound the same. I'd have to probably sing my way into it or something like that. Well, I just wanted to touch base with the fact that I don't know if you can see my pants. Yes, do you remember these? Look at this, Katie. If you're a true mum from our age, Yeah, yeah you remember these?
Speaker 3: Yes, clip pants. Yeah, they're back. They look very comfy.
Speaker 1: They're so comfortable, and Elsie was like, mom, I love your pants. I was like, I get it. I used to love my clip pants too when I was when were the clip pants in like nineteen ninety Isn't.
Speaker 2: It funny because obviously it just it's just recirculating even when scrunchies came came back. Also, our kids obviously they don't remember the first time around, or you know, probably the tenth time around.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, maybe it's and it's only our second.
Speaker 3: They're all recycled.
Speaker 2: But it's funny how our kids think it's like a brand new thing.
Speaker 1: I know. But that's what I loved about it, because she's like, Mom, I love your pants and I'm thinking, mate, I used to unclip them all the way up to the top here. Yeah, like full spice girl. Yes, you know, the spice girl. But these these might be a little bit more fine, so they only go to the knee, a little bit more Mum conservative from country road. But looks like them looks like they go to the top, but they're not.
Speaker 3: But they're just fake buttons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are just fake. You're a mom that I hide that.
Speaker 3: Am I had Mum for enjoying them getting it wrong.
Speaker 1: This gives me actual joy.
Speaker 2: This is actually not dissimilar from what we were just talking about in terms of things being old fashioned and then coming.
Speaker 3: Background again kind of things.
Speaker 2: So Amelia was talking to me about this guy, so she used the word fit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 3: She was like, he's really fit.
Speaker 2: And then she jumped in with, oh, by the way, that's gen Z language for hot.
Speaker 3: I went, oh no, And then I really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Saying this because I went, ha ha, No, it was always fit in the day, we always used to use the word fit.
Speaker 3: That's not gen d that's very millennial.
Speaker 1: Not being new right now. And you didn't also need to just give me a little hate.
Speaker 3: That's a dick. Yeah, that was a dig. Yeah, because I get that a lot. Oh mum, you're so millennial. And I'd used that the other way round.
Speaker 2: Recently, when the girls were talking about how one of their friends was smoking cigarettes semi formal after party, and I thought about it for a second and I was like, how do I make that really uncool? And I turned around to them and went, How'm millennial of her? She was smoking cigarettes?
Speaker 3: Howm millennial?
Speaker 1: I know? And then you have that moment and you're like, rather probably smoke cigarettes than vapes, So sure, yeah, do.
Speaker 2: You know that apparently vapes are so toxic that they're not supposed to go into landfill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've told you before. What I've said to my girl is like nothing like scare mungering, But I was like, when you pick up a vabe and your friends say just try it, it tastes like strawberry. I said, what I want you to picture, like, really envision it. Close your eyes and envision at putting that can of martine in your mouth and then just spraying it in your lungs. I was like, because that's what you're doing, oh mom? And I was like, no, that is what you were doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if mortine smelt like strawberries, that's what you're doing. Yeah. I've read a lot about and I'm certainly not encouraging anyone just starts making cigarettes if they don't. But at least with cigarettes you have the ability to rejuvenate your lungs if you stop, Whereas I think once you vaped, the damage is.
Speaker 3: Done and repair it.
Speaker 2: So I've heard anyway, I mean, I'm an expert, I'm not a scientist.
Speaker 1: Do you want to really go down that track? Because you know what I was talking about with my girls that is not repairable.
Speaker 3: I don't even don't start talking about alcohol in your liver. I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: No, it was actually about babies, but my child is such a funny conversation and it was only the three of us girls at the dinner table, but I had that same conversation where I was like, yeah, but you know what, those muscles around your vagina, they're repairable, they bounce back. You can restrengthen those. I was like, but the ones in your bottom, you can't restrengthen those, So you can't have a baby out of your bottom?
Speaker 3: What hell?
Speaker 1: We somehow got into like who wants to have kids? Who doesn't want to have kids? And I'm sitting there going, obviously you're ten and twelve. I was like, can we just let's talk about this in twenty years? No rush, Like, let's talk about it when you're thirty or something, you know, like twenty eight thirty. Oh mom, you were you were twenty eight when you had me. Like I was like, yeah, okay, let's talk about it when you're twenty six. Let's not talk about it now. No one's having kids.
Speaker 3: Early.
Speaker 1: One of them turns to me, he goes, I want to have a baby, but I don't want to have it out of my vagina, And I thought, where the fuck is it going to come from other than the And I was waiting for her to just go I'm gonna have it like you, I'm gonna have it to cut out of my tummy. And then she goes and I don't want it to be cut out of my tummy because that just scares me so much. And I went when I just laughed out loud. I was like, well, where are you expecting the child to pop out from like this? And she goes at my bottom and I was like, obviously the other one was laughing her head off. But I did lead down to the road of going vagina muscles bounce back, but your bottom muscles don't, So don't do that. That's irreparable, Like it's a.
Speaker 3: Choice, just on that.
Speaker 2: How nice that they are still at the stage where they will talk to you about that stuff though I know I'm embarrassing, mom, don't talk about that.
Speaker 1: I know that there will be a time. And this is like, you know, obviously coming from other moms with like older kids, older girls in particular, as well, like the in between age of like mine and yours sort of going like there is a distinct age where it all starts to drop off a little bit, like where you are actually so uncool. Yeah, and no way I would ever talk to mum about that, And that's probably one part where I go. I really look forward to that part. I know that I'll have to do some work around my self esteem.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, you feel shit about yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, you go from being like hot property, Yes, mum, you're cool. I want to see it. I want to chat with you. Let's have a laugh about such random things that probably are highly irresponsible of being a mum talking to your daughters about but then to nothing. Yeah, not needed.
Speaker 3: Nah, you really do have to do some work on yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you do with your time when you don't have anyone to talk to. That's what I'm going to be like Katie. I'll just be like I'm sitting there at the dinner table and they both won't talk, and then I'll just be like, no, wonder people talk.
Speaker 3: Talk At one point, they will talk. Eventually, it will be.
Speaker 2: Eleven pm where you want to be asleep, and then they'll tell you about the whole entire day. What's happening with friendship groups, what happened at school, everything. I'll tell you everything, but it won't be at a time you want it to be.
Speaker 1: Sam tends to be the same. I will be a asleep and then be absolutely annihilated from the day of what it was. Plus I would have gotten up at four point thirty to train like all of the above in the one day, and then comes in and wakes you to want to talk No, and then makes you feel bad for not wanting to talk. I just wanted to talk about the day.
Speaker 3: While you're asleep.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Katie through the room.
Speaker 3: The room.
Speaker 1: See I'm seeing you get it? He goes, oh, like storms out. Oh, this is on you. You're not communicating.
Speaker 3: I'm asleep. I'm asleep.
Speaker 2: I've got a very strict don't wake me up for all in my house. Moms deserve to sleep when they can sleep.
Speaker 3: They need to be just to sleep.
Speaker 1: I do things around the house that might slam things. Slammy Slammerson comes out, especially if you've fucked with my sleep. So now I'm gonna fuck with yours.
Speaker 3: That's what I haves