Speaker 1: Jaysaren it's time to talk cricket. He can't wait. Australia has leveled the border. Gaviscar Series one all we're turning our attention to the Third Test in Brisbane and joining us this morning from Fox Cricket is the one, the only. Adam Gilchrist, good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 2: We are excellent.
Speaker 1: I know Lauren is deeen to ask about She's itching to ask you the first question, Gilly, go.
Speaker 3: For it lost, what do you go for it?
Speaker 2: I know she had a question regarding the Indian top order.
Speaker 4: I don't know a lot about cricket, and I said throughout ab coult, give me a question to ask, and he said, you should ask.
Speaker 3: Do you think the Indian top order is up to scratch?
Speaker 5: What do you think? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that.
Speaker 4: I think that they're very good, but the Australians are better.
Speaker 5: So that's what I think that you are on the money. You do know your cricket. The evidence on the evidence of what we saw at the Adelaide overal rebound it brilliantly that it was the reverse. In Perth, India dominated, but the found their mojos, which is good they've leveled the series up and it was a fun weekend in Adelaide. You know how to do it over there.
Speaker 1: All over two and a half days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, mues are.
Speaker 3: Too long, Laurence too long.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm actually trending to supporting that statement because I think in the sounds like I'm really old man when I say the modern game. But recently, I mean in New Zealand. England and New Zealand paid a two and a half days test back. I'm wondering whether it is should be trimmed back to a four day shield for good then Yeah, because the entertainment fact is still there. I'm not criticizing the quality product, but it's entertaining. It's just moving so much quicker these days. Maybe just fact it all day.
Speaker 3: Events a silly question after it.
Speaker 2: No, I just don't understand how Australia could ship the bed so bad a couple of weeks ago and then the complete reverse happened. Yeah, are they normally tighter than this?
Speaker 5: And Pat come and said the perse scoreboard didn't truly reflect where Australia we're at.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it was the humidity I got him over there.
Speaker 5: Well, the callboard said they got absolutely belted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Australian team traditionally have had like the critics come for the Aussies right, but time and time again, the likes of Pat Commens, Mitch Stark, these guys they just they find a way to respond to those critics. Like is Australian cricket in safe hands right now?
Speaker 5: I think people look across the depth of talent in say Sheffield Chill cricket and there's there's a couple of players sort of shining through a bit. Tam Conscious from New South Wales is probably the one that's the glaring of talent on the rise. But I don't get to a crystal ball gazing too much. I think deal with watch in front of you and the team responded well and it's one all.
Speaker 2: Lauren got hand up. Another question.
Speaker 3: My next question.
Speaker 4: Is do you think now this is just as someone who look, I don't know a lot about cricket, but I grew up Watch like I knew Adam Gilchrist, I knew Shane Warn, I knew all the rock stars back in the day.
Speaker 3: But I don't really know any of the players anymore. If the Wings clipped because their.
Speaker 4: Personalities are like they're not allowed to have too much personality anymore.
Speaker 3: But the ones with the personalities get criticized.
Speaker 5: Now that's society, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't library let him, let him be, let them be rock star.
Speaker 2: To be honest, you imagine a current player pulling out a pack of Winnie Blues in the stand and watching, you know, after he's you know, it's just been bowled out.
Speaker 3: The days, good old days.
Speaker 5: I think I think is a bit a commentary around that, and it's sort of in the public to hear that a little bit. I mean, when we're not really comparing apples and apples, if we're talking about any player compared to warning, when we're talking about personalities, and well, I remember we were standing lined up you make reference to the Winnie Blue that we were lined up at a boot camp to have a big week long physical and psychological tough foot camp where we were going to get smashed and tested you mentally and all that. And part of at the start, the doctor asked us thought to put our dependent medication. Anyone who had an I put your medication out, put your tabathat if you got bad back, warning, flug down eight pack. So that's the sort of character we're talking about. It you have to compete with.
Speaker 2: Would you look at him like I look at our team, right, we all went out for festive drinks on Friday and I'm like, Jesus, how do they back up? Would you say they're looking at him sucking back two packs, going how's he doing? And then go out there and go like he does.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. He was just, you know, a wonder of nature. You just didn't know how he function him, but he did. He was out on the on the cricket field, that was his domain and it was fed up. It was the best thing I did in cricket was the week keeper Shame warn And then at the end of the over, I'd go up the other end Glenn mcgraoen bowling over and I have Shame Warns down and next to me talking to It was just quality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see the good old days. I loved all.
Speaker 4: Your cricketers, rockstar cricketers from early two thousand.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't make him like they used to.
Speaker 2: Girl, Christ join us on the thanks to KO Sports, there's no off season with KO Sports. Get on board today, Hi, Gilly, have a great summer mate and enjoy some time with the family.
Speaker 5: Brilliant, great to chat and enjoy the cricket.
Speaker 3: Laurens. Lauren wake up feeling good on number one hundred. Lauren, I'm sous now