Speaker 1: Get every morning, every day Adelaides.
Speaker 2: Emergency Emururgency Jick Chad.
Speaker 3: Okay, can I tell you what happened this morning?
Speaker 4: You came into work and I had Zoe produces Zoe pinned down on the ground and I was just laying into it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, save something for me, and I was.
Speaker 3: Then you were like, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: And I said, We've had a disagreement over this guy Ian on the Gold Coast talking about thongs on the beach and he wants to ban them, and Zoey disagrees and I can't agree.
Speaker 5: Zoey v Jody Old V the young Hey listener, Baby, it's a.
Speaker 3: Podcast, mate, it's low hanging fruit jokes.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't you find that some of that low hanging fruit is the sweetest?
Speaker 4: Well, you obviously do, absolutely delicious. You seem to go back to the low fruit a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm a simple man too.
Speaker 4: On top of all that, anyway, does chicks on the beach wearing g strings make you uncomfortable? Discuss my really picture?
Speaker 5: Let's chat?
Speaker 3: It is so time for ah let's go girl.
Speaker 2: Babies. Now what brings you guys here?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Well, I know we had ch chat yesterday, but we've had to convene hastily an emergency meeting of the Sweety Pie and Porium i e.
Speaker 2: Chit Chat ladies, welcome leasure.
Speaker 4: Something something's happened overnight that we're all sort of in strong disagreements about and we would really love your thoughts on this. On thirteen twenty four ten, okay, welcome Abby.
Speaker 3: From the newsroom. Thank you. She was single, loving to the weekend.
Speaker 4: Now no one knows because she's not really being forthcoming about what happened on Saturday.
Speaker 2: She just wants to take it one.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, did you just say we don't need to know about you. You're happy to tell us three hundred and sixty four days of the year about your parents of love and Zoe he has joined us as well. Zoe very career driven, beautiful, gorgeous young girl in her twenties and glowy.
Speaker 2: That's blow up. Zoe. Yeah, listening for the first time, She's.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is what's happened overnight in order to necessitate the emergency convening of this group. So the question of where the thong bikini should be banned at the beach has sparked a furious debate. There was a guy on the project last night, basically middle aged blow who's come out and said it makes me really uncomfortable when women wear bikinis at the beach.
Speaker 2: You also need to know that his name was Ian.
Speaker 4: I don't know, maybe he could be he's anyway, So I hate to say this, and this goes against him and every feminist bone in my body, but I feel uncomfortable when I see thirteen fourteen year old girls wearing a thong.
Speaker 2: At the beach. All right, well let's just have a little little listen to what a Hane's got to say.
Speaker 6: All right, I want young women to be so confident enough for they can wear I think wrong with an ordinary bikini that goes straight across the bum, as opposed to the song up it turns about when you're looking. You can't help it if you're walking down the street and you've got a couple of young ladies with their beer bums right in front of you.
Speaker 3: So are your immediate reaction to aan.
Speaker 7: Oh come on, you know my media. I first of all, he's what a middle to later aged man. I don't want to hear what you think about young girls bodies ever, That's my immediate take. I think one of the panelists made the point of don't look, and you went, oh, I can't help it.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can.
Speaker 8: I you can help it.
Speaker 7: Look look away, eyes up here in thanks sweety for me. I just think he has no place to have an opinion on women's bodies, their choices, what they wear. It's a taste thing. So just like that's not his taste. Yeah, he's certainly not a lot of people's taste as well. You know, it doesn't mean it should be bad.
Speaker 4: I'm sort of torn on this one because I'm all about young girls empowering their bodies, feeling good about themselves, because we have an epidemic in this country, in this universe really where women hate their bodies, and it starts in that young age. But also at the same time, I've lived through an age where women have been objectified my whole life, and so I sort of don't like young girls putting themselves in that position.
Speaker 3: I mean, is that wrong?
Speaker 7: I hear it, and I think maybe this is where we differ because you're especially you're a mum of four girls, and I'm a single.
Speaker 3: Young girl one of my children.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can say it For.
Speaker 7: You, I understand the protective element because of that, Whereas for me, that's even more reason to empower yourself.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, Abs, Yeah, it's a tough one from a perspective.
Speaker 3: Of that's why we call this meeting.
Speaker 9: From a perspective of it's like our bodies are a vessel and that's what gets us around from A to B. And why are we looking at them, objectifying them, and why are we even having this debate in twenty twenty four men in speedos and broad shorts being objectified and all, God, don't wear that on the beach, like nobody does that, but also like to flip it on his head if you just to catch off there when my mates we speeders, don't you worry, I aggressively.
Speaker 2: Object the fire.
Speaker 4: Conversely, if a bloke was wearing a thong, I wouldn't like that either.
Speaker 9: And I understand that.
Speaker 2: This thing.
Speaker 4: Well. The other point that he made Ian Mate was when he's in the boardroom, because he's obviously a very serious businessman, he said that if there's a woman with her breast spelling out, or you know, wearing inappropriate clothing, he doesn't take her seriously.
Speaker 3: Take a listen, you know, I have.
Speaker 6: Seen women at you know, fairly high level networking beatings there were very much exposing their breasts and anything. Well, you've kind of lost a bit of business credibility straight away, you know.
Speaker 3: Again, I mildly agree with Ian. I agree on that.
Speaker 9: I think as I've always been taught, when you're at work in a professional setting, you know, your arms aren't out, your boobs aren't out your legs. That's how I've always been taught in a professional setting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I want people to take seriously what's coming out of my mouth. I don't want anything else to distract from that. Not that I could ever have boob spelling out in a meeting.
Speaker 2: I do it. Do you know what my breasts are? My calves?
Speaker 3: We've got some texts here.
Speaker 4: Women should be able to wear whatever they want, whenever they want and still be respected.
Speaker 3: That's from Zoe, a producer.
Speaker 8: No it's not.
Speaker 4: It's from Page from Newton and also Ali from Plympton said, I'm with Jody here. I don't want my daughters to be objectified just I mean, I just doesn't sit well seeing thirteen fourty year old girls with g strings at the beach.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it.
Speaker 3: And I never thought i'd agree with the knee and ever.
Speaker 5: I suppose that's very true. Thirteen twenty four ten. Please get involved in this conversation. You would love your thoughts on this. But I suppose when you do think about it in terms of if it's your daughter, particularly at a young age, you start going, well, that's a little bit different. For example, our daughter Lottie is only three. Yes, but the other day she wanted to put on her bathing suit by herself, thought go for it, in which she eventually emerged with her bathing suit.
Speaker 2: On, but it was around the wrong way. Yeah, okay, So what that meant was.
Speaker 5: Probably a little bit of a room at the front, an aggressively exposure of the buttecks and also because it was inverted at the back, was now wearing at the front.
Speaker 2: Both of our little nipples were exposed. We did have a good laugh.
Speaker 5: But we thought, wow, well, I'm just not sure that's what I want the public to say.
Speaker 4: Goodness me And you know, like it's a common mistake that people make putting their bathing suit on backwards.
Speaker 3: It's just really awkward when you do it.
Speaker 2: Beats all the time.
Speaker 3: The love of God, switch it around.
Speaker 5: On the other way and my finally it fits at the front. Seriously, grow up, the orders even going on? What's even going on anymore?
Speaker 3: Here's what you're waking up to, Adelaide.
Speaker 1: What's the news today?
Speaker 4: Every you need to know to start your morning, And let's start with the biggest breaking news on the planet at the moment, Abby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is big.
Speaker 9: So out of Buckingham Palace, King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer. So obviously we know that he went in to have treatment on an enlarged prostate. He was only meant to be there for one, maybe two nights, but he ended up being there for three, so we sort of knew that maybe they'd found something or something wasn't quite right. But they have said that it's not prostate cancer, but they haven't released what type of cancer. Probably the biggest news is that Harry is coming from the US over to the UK to visit.
Speaker 3: So that's good.
Speaker 9: Maybe hopefully they'll repair some of that relationship. But yeah, it's a wait and see. Hopefully he'll be okay.
Speaker 3: You should mediate that chat.
Speaker 4: I'd love to to be honest, Yeah, Harry, Harry, stop me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be nice, Except.
Speaker 2: Ch exact shake hands. I mean it, actually mean it.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be interesting to see what happens though, because obviously there's all this talk about whether the king would abdicate and let Prince William step up.
Speaker 4: So maybe so given and we were having this discussion before, So given, if William William would be, and then who's next in line, because Harry is like put a line through himself, it would be George, right, Okay to George, I'm gonna put this in footy terms for you. So Harry's ruled himself out with General Soness, so he can't be.
Speaker 3: The king, would become queen. Oh that would be nice. I'd like that.
Speaker 5: So it was already saying, so Rose's out with General Soness, Butters becomes captain, Yes, and then what Houston becomes a vice captain?
Speaker 2: Is that what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yes, we've got.
Speaker 2: Its and you become queen Jackson knew the I already was queen.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about this?
Speaker 4: It was a huge night at the Granny Grammy, mainly for the girls. So Taylor Swift is one album of the year. Okay, guess what, She's won it three times more than the Beatles. Now and two more than Adele and one more than Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 2: She's been very, very, very very successful.
Speaker 3: So have you watched her documentary?
Speaker 8: Abs?
Speaker 3: Have you watched her documentary? I started it and stopped. I remember that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'm a bad swifty couldn't hold your attention. There was a part in it where she missed out on a Grammy and she was so down in the dumps and she's like, and I remember this, She goes, I've just got to make better music. And now she's just come out and set the world on fire and she will go down in history as one of the greatest.
Speaker 3: How good Miley Cyrus?
Speaker 8: Oh no?
Speaker 4: There was a bit of a side note because Killer Mike, who's a rapper, won a Grammy and then he got escorted away by the police for an altercation with security.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 2: Nice job there, Killer Mike.
Speaker 3: Congrats your favorite Killer Mike's song?
Speaker 5: How dare you on radio? Ask me to choose just one Killer Mic shot? When I love them all equally like my.
Speaker 4: Own children, al Kayla Minogue want to Grammy as well for pad Padam And also Miley Cyrus won her first Grammy and she thought she'd immortalize her in song.
Speaker 3: Have a listen.
Speaker 8: I didn't want to leave you, but had to.
Speaker 10: I didn't want to fade, but we did started to crime then, remember.
Speaker 2: I find that unbelievable.
Speaker 11: Before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it's crazy, isn't it. That's a that's a fit. She's doing quite well post breakup, isn't.
Speaker 3: She, Miley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's landed on her feet. Yeah, good on your Miley. Finally, Abs help me out with this one as well, because what a study has just been done that people aren't going to go out and celebrate Valentine's Day because I've got no money.
Speaker 9: Essentially, Yeah, we all know that the cost of living crisis is killing all of us at the moment. So this Valentine's Day, people are going to stay in and eat in classic.
Speaker 2: That's what I'd rather do.
Speaker 3: It's so expensive going out and stay neat in. Would you go out?
Speaker 10: See?
Speaker 5: I'm someone who all I care about is getting my tummy full. I don't really mind what sort of goes in there, Hence why I microwave my eggs most mornings.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to a cafe for that, are we?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So as long as you've got food dissatisfied pretty much.
Speaker 5: So if I at the end of a meal, and particularly it was a fancy me, I'll be like, oh, we could have saved so much money.
Speaker 4: Well, and producer him just made a good point. What about Kara, what do you well?
Speaker 2: She she would.
Speaker 3: Quite like to be satisfied as well on.
Speaker 9: Valentine's Day, That's true, she'd have to go elsewhere.
Speaker 5: To I was about to say, that's a very interesting point. I should run it by her.
Speaker 9: The study does show that eighteen to thirty four year olds will spend the most this year, and flowers are highest on the agenda.
Speaker 3: Like flowers.
Speaker 2: Life is like flowers as well, because like they die, they die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also they're fifty bucks.
Speaker 9: I had a bunch of roses sent to my workplace one Valentine's Day. Yeah, and as much as I was like, oh, for God's sakes, it was actually the cutest thing every where he is Yeah, well, yeah, what's happened to him?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think I would say he's avoid all flowers unlessen from into flora.
Speaker 2: We've always said.
Speaker 4: That, you know, in the middle, you know how in the middle of the Simpson Desert, like a big pile of cargo planes that are no longer used, and they're all like it's like a graveyard. I imagine somewhere there's a big pile of men. It's just like a graveyard of Abby's ex's of all.
Speaker 2: Piled You can see it from space, dude.
Speaker 3: I see them every night in my dream.
Speaker 5: That's your post snooze news. First question for the sixth Them Vendue Machine quiz coming up. Hey, rate me at reading the room?
Speaker 3: Oh? Truly awful?
Speaker 2: What do you mean, truly awful? That's not fair.
Speaker 3: No, the most obvious cues in the.
Speaker 5: World just go yeah, well, okay. There was that time where you guys were all crying. I thought it was a leaky eye competition and I didn't quite read the room. But apart from that, I feel like it's not too bad.
Speaker 3: No, you are the worst of ces.
Speaker 2: No, I tell you. The worst is Demi Levado. Oh Den.
Speaker 5: Levardo has been slammed for performing her song heart Attack key words heart Attack at an event hosted by the American Heart Association.
Speaker 8: The Heart.
Speaker 5: The AHAs and You'll Go Red for Women Red Cross Collection Concert was an event intended to raise awareness about deadly cardiovascular issues.
Speaker 2: So, Demi, who's so terrible reading the room? We know that?
Speaker 5: When viral off the footage of the performance was posted to social media, sparking, as you'd imagine, a lot of confusion. It's been reported that she explained to the audience that the song heart Attack had many parallels for her. She said, it's about my journey and a reminder for all of us in the room just how strong the mind heart body connection truly is. I think I'm I have a heart.
Speaker 4: It's meantime, sixty eight year old Gary who survived, he's hard to ack this sitting out.
Speaker 2: With that guy?
Speaker 3: Is she taking the piece?
Speaker 5: It's gone, You're like, get her off, get the iPod on, just shoffle it play anything that's.
Speaker 2: Not working at all. Seriously, Demi, wal could be worse than that.
Speaker 5: It's like turning up to a feminist convention playing this.
Speaker 2: Do you like that? Ladies?
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go down to the teachers convention. How are we going, Guys, no one's reading the room these days.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 5: The worst examples that I've ever seen, though, and I'm pretty sure there are absolutely true, was the Annual Convention of Healing for Sufferers of erythrophobia, which is genuinely a genuine fear of the color red. Jojah Cat was a special performance justin poor taste.
Speaker 2: Isn't it ridiculous?
Speaker 4: Dear Susan's up the back, just in the fetal position, rocking back and forth, sucking your tomb.
Speaker 5: Don't you don't you hate red? Clearly the worst example that I've ever seen, and still to this day absolutely still try and recover. When I took my cat Hueye to the cat's recovering from chronic stress due to sudden exposure to large quantities of water. Convention, would you believe that our good friends CARDI be Meghan the salling.
Speaker 8: Web.
Speaker 2: Why does this keep happening?
Speaker 5: I'm talking someone, please think of the poor kiddy cats recovering. Just a lot of firing up in the background here, let's go. I swear this isn't serious at all, but come on, let's go.
Speaker 12: Ah.
Speaker 5: This is producer Zoe who's had a recent glow up QA gillow.
Speaker 8: Raddled by your little pregame excitement that you.
Speaker 11: Two just did.
Speaker 3: I felt like I was at the Adelaide.
Speaker 7: Zoom posure, a lot of chest beating, a lot of chest I love the enthusiasm.
Speaker 8: How are we feeling for this week's edition of Songs.
Speaker 3: A song the mental games in my own head start early. You will have to tell myself to calm down and breathe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you know for me as well?
Speaker 5: A lot of feedback too coming through by the text line after last week's result. This text as well reads from Derek from Plympton, and he said, horse get back on the saddle. Awful result last week, officiating horrendous love you you're very.
Speaker 4: Very very cool, so fired shots at the Yeah. I don't know if that's wise in the situation.
Speaker 8: YEA interesting choice.
Speaker 2: Crazy that I remember that text.
Speaker 8: It's crazy. Rattle it off on you, Derek, Derek, Derek might go to no.
Speaker 7: No, all right, same as always. We've got over hits and throwbacks or chestralized best of three. We've got a couple of listeners. You're playing for one hundred dollars faster past aboutcher. On Team Hazy is Cassie from Seacliff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got this cast. We can do it together because we're a team.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then on Team Jones we've got Tari from Gooler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're telling And now I'm representing a small child.
Speaker 2: It's good jomhibitions on the line.
Speaker 3: I probably loves past a very very much.
Speaker 2: Future generation, use your motherly instincts.
Speaker 3: Okay, actually I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean on the adjudicating side of things, can you just whim to be quiet during the songs?
Speaker 8: First rule, no adjudicating the adjudicator.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll play and.
Speaker 8: I carry on. Let's get into song number one.
Speaker 11: Please.
Speaker 2: I have no idea that.
Speaker 8: You got it, producer, AMA's got it, I've got it.
Speaker 2: I can't you I've got it, but I don't know that.
Speaker 8: Name is your brother, I know you know what to come on, guys, someone.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jody, Yes, it's I've got a good feeling, got a feeling.
Speaker 2: By no, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: By the way, I can't. I can't jump in.
Speaker 2: Then it's I got a feeling.
Speaker 7: No blow writer, good feeling.
Speaker 8: Disappointing start from both of you.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: Because because I had the because I had the lady in my voice in my head singing to get the.
Speaker 2: Singing that you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's the first thing we've ever agreed on, and it's crazy.
Speaker 7: The stakes a bit because nil all zero both sides, song number two.
Speaker 13: Here we got.
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 5: Okay, whoa that would be heaven by DJ.
Speaker 1: SAMs Clean alone Months Famous Schools, Back to Day two thousand and three alone Tonight.
Speaker 2: Classic.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's okay.
Speaker 3: I knew I knew this song hard, I didn't know them.
Speaker 2: You're going from the drawer here now?
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, Still I'm potential for a drawer. We could all win.
Speaker 3: A very small ear is listening, so I'm just gonna whisper.
Speaker 13: This, yeah, very quiet yea song number three?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no one listening. Come on guys, yeah.
Speaker 4: Jody, what do you mean? Justin baby?
Speaker 2: Let's take that?
Speaker 8: Is that a drawer is?
Speaker 2: Guess what? Guess what? No one wins this week? We all get everyone. It was so much better fun.
Speaker 8: Everyone wins.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 8: Can we have a drawer every week?
Speaker 2: I just you know what, I'm gonna be honest with this feels like a lost for.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: We're all happy there, good suf jokes.
Speaker 11: DJ.
Speaker 3: Something was a good credit where credits youve?
Speaker 5: I was about to say bloody clean bandit rather be what was going to do with that? I was about the jump last week?
Speaker 8: Yeah that was last week?
Speaker 3: Why didn't you do that?
Speaker 5: And then I would have done that, you would had a free Yes, yeah, you got it anyway, so late, I'm really proud.
Speaker 3: I was far too bloody nice this week.
Speaker 7: I know, let's get angry next day.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about this and I want everyone to get involved. On thirteen twenty four to ten this morning, we do have one hundred and fifty dollars into floor about you the.
Speaker 3: Film Times day actually for our best caller.
Speaker 4: So yesterday we had a conversation in chitchat about checking your partner's phone. So it was a pretty robust conversation about whether you should do it or not. And that led to a text from one of our beautiful listeners saying it's an anonymous one saying, I would love to know what people think about going through your child's phone and what age it's not appropriate anymore. That's a very interesting one, spicy, and it reminded me of a conversation. I was in Teltra for the better part of two hours the other day swapping upgrading my phone, and I was listening to a seventeen year old girl in a conversation with her dad. Now he was obviously buying her phone and data, and so it got to the point where she was like, and she's got a hand up in her dad's face, like stop stop, and he's going listen, I have enough data on my phone. She's like, yeah, but I use it for work. And he's going listen, I have the same amount of DAR and I use it for work all day, every day and that's enough. And she's like, yeah, but you don't need to check Instagram.
Speaker 2: Nah, got you there, dad, check mates fuitl done.
Speaker 3: Which brings me to my point on this.
Speaker 4: I think if you're paying for your child's phone, you can check that thing whenever and however you want to, however.
Speaker 3: Old they are. Okay, that's fair of each in it's technically your phone.
Speaker 4: But it's a good conversation to have today because it is the Carlie R. Ryan Foundation start ac commodate conversation about online safety. It's a Safe Internet day, so this is a good day to open up the dialogue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirteen twenty four to ten, what age is appropriate to stop looking at your kid's phone? My kids are only five and three that I have mobile phones. Yes, they're sort of dabbling in some iPad use, tablet use and Henry knows how to send text now via the iPad.
Speaker 2: He sends it to me and Mum. But that's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I sort of wonder what happens if I just sort of let him go and didn't text or check his phone or his tablet at all. Because if you don't keep up to date with what's going on, all of a sudden, you just sort of four down to fifteen years ago by and all of a sudden you've got one of these little fellows on your hands.
Speaker 2: Say my name. Goddamn right, that's.
Speaker 5: How it starts, ladies and gentlemen. You can never be too careful, little Heisenberg.
Speaker 4: I have to say I did have a parent approached me from one of the extracurricular activities that one of my kids does outside work, and she said, you might want to check.
Speaker 3: The group chat because there's a bit going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where they really let loose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm sort of, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit afraid to check it sometimes because I don't really know if I'm going to like what I'm going to find.
Speaker 2: I'm bagging you.
Speaker 3: My mom's such.
Speaker 10: A b.
Speaker 5: Thirty twenty four teen, what age is appropriate? To stop looking at your kids phone.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I genuinely think if you're paying for that phone, then it's practically yours and you can have access to it whenever. And it is really important to check what your kids are up to online because you know the internet is not a safe space.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, I'm positive.
Speaker 2: For example, what we discovered and we were at school as well.
Speaker 5: Even though there were filters on the Google search engines, if you spaced out the letters, it would get through wow, and then you'd be able to look at sports websites.
Speaker 3: Hey Claire, Hi, what do you think? How old are you for a start?
Speaker 12: I'm I'm twenty four. Okay, No, I completely agree with you. I think that your parents are paying for your phone, that they can go into it. I never got a phone until I was eighteen. My parents wouldn't let me have one until I could pay for it myself. Yeah, so they never checked my phone. But I if I went out somewhere, I just had a little k Nockier brick that I had to hand in when I got back.
Speaker 3: That's so cute.
Speaker 2: Did you have by the way, was it was it a big old fifty one to ten?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: No, but it was it was a brick, like I couldn't do anything but check mom and dad on it and say can you come pick me up? Because I didn't know how to use it.
Speaker 2: I can't get up to know good on the internet. Old school knock.
Speaker 3: Out and she's playing she's playing Tetris too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's playing snake. Yeah, trying to crack a thousand, say the big dogs with.
Speaker 3: Do Thank you, Claire.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Jack. What are your thoughts on this one? How old are your kids when you stop.
Speaker 3: Checking their phone?
Speaker 14: I reckon fifteen. Sixteen's a bit of a milestone for a lot of things. So fifteen, I'll stop checking your phone. I'll stop thinking about it. You can, you know, start just be coming out all half of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jack, you've got three daughters ages.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so they are eleven, six and one. So I got my hands pretty full.
Speaker 2: Yes you do, sir, Yes you do.
Speaker 14: You've got to be pretty on the ball. You know, some people start not you're right?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 4: Kay?
Speaker 14: Well I had the kid, she's my daughter until they're eighteen. I make the decisions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'd argue Jack that your wife technically had the kid.
Speaker 14: Well, hey, they come out of me too.
Speaker 2: That's so true. That's true. Take two to tango.
Speaker 8: Yes, so true.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jack. Let's go to Danny.
Speaker 10: Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on this one?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm a school teacher, so I spent a lot of my time poorting kids as families with social media issues.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I'm a.
Speaker 10: Really strong believer that you should be checking your kids' phones until they are eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, okay, having.
Speaker 10: The same passwords, you should be regularly checking their phone. And if you build up a relationship. I got two teenagers at home, and they'll come and tell me, you know, and not ask me, is this Okay? I've got this message? What should I do? But if you built up that trusting relationship, it's really important.
Speaker 3: So good because I guess, Danny.
Speaker 4: One of my biggest feez as a parent is that there's some bullying stuff going on behind your back and your kids the recipient of it, and they're not saying anything.
Speaker 3: I bet there's a you've seen a fair bit of that.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, they don't want to dub on their friends. But you know, if true friends, they wouldn't have spent the message in the first place.
Speaker 3: Wi's words Yeah, that time we had a voice of reason on this show.
Speaker 2: It feels good. It's quite refreshing, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's definitely a key message and all this, I think, and two very very key words, private browsing.
Speaker 1: We're going back in time on this daisy in time.
Speaker 5: That's the truck pulling up to take you for a trip down remny the lane.
Speaker 2: Okay, here, welcome to chapel board.
Speaker 3: You've got professional sound effects in the machine. You know that.
Speaker 2: But that's what's going up.
Speaker 5: Don't you touch anything too, by the way, Tuesday, sixth of February. Let's take a little trip on this day. Nineteen sixty six. The Great Rick Astley was born in Warrington, England. He is fifty eight years today.
Speaker 2: That's the great. It's very very loyal.
Speaker 3: Ever got Rick Roll?
Speaker 2: Ever got Rick rolled?
Speaker 3: Haven't you heard about that? What are you?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: It was like a worldwide phenomenon. Oh my god, produce him help him out here, please.
Speaker 11: So when you rickroll someone, you send them a link or send them an emails. I'm with a link in it and when you're thinking it's important or funny or whatever, and when you open it, it's Rick Castley singing never going to give you up?
Speaker 3: Wow, and it's called rickrolling.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've got to this point in my life and not being rick rolled. Yeah, I feel like I'm fine. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was what age when I learned wash goodness.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety one, Gary Ablett, that is a senior, announced his retirement, saying he'd lost the desire and motivation to continue at the highest level.
Speaker 2: Geelong's Gary Ablick has called it today.
Speaker 6: Abler, who turns thirty six next week, has finally as to come into a nagging knee injury that's kept him up for the rest of this year.
Speaker 2: Oh god, had his prime. What an absolute freaky watch.
Speaker 3: If only he could have had a kid who was decent at footy too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I age, You're like, oh, you know, I really wanted to be really good at football. So I'm going to coin Gary as well. But we'll see what happens. It's a real waiting process. Hopefully goes okay. Yeah, No one saw on feb six and twenty and fifteen was uptown funk by Bruno Mars. Sure he's small, but he's might, he's old, totally niggas Man