Speaker 1: We get morning every day every lazy adelaides, I don't know Jod's. I'm seeing the same headline more and more often, and each time I see it it shocks me less.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: And as because I'm a parent of a five and a three year old, here's a headline mum slammed after putting toddler on a leash? Is that shocking? Not any more for me? By a social media mum of one. Rachel Butcher has hit back critics after using a common parenting tactic to prevent her child from running way in crowded areas. She shared a photograph of her son with a backpack on and rain's attached. She explained stopped him from running off when they are at the shops. Kids on leashes. Thoughts on it get involved thirteen twenty four to ten. As a youngster, and particularly without kids, I used to look at some of these kids and be like, what is going on? And parents pull your head in. Now I'm still not at that stage, but I'll tell you what. Brothers and sisters certainly open to it.
Speaker 3: I actually don't hate it. I mean it's a safety thing. It's super safe because toddlers will run off anytime, anywhere, and you have absolutely no.
Speaker 2: Control over it.
Speaker 1: Yes, like our kids are the worst, particularly your kids. Oh my, we at that level we can insult each other's kids, I think so.
Speaker 3: I think you do it quite regularly, So that's fine. But no, if you're concerned about the safety of your kid, chuck them on a leash.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other day, I was watching my three year old daughter and just define gravity. I don't know what was going on. She was walking on the roof, like upside down on the roof. You think kids care when you say, don't run across the road line, that's dangerous. She needs a leash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they genuinely don't understand danger. You have to teach them. And if that involves hooking a leash onto their neck, so be hitten.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what one message would be is to the youngsters who are like, oh jeez, I would never do that. You just got to put yourself in a situation where you get a five and a three year old. I'd like several leaf a leash for every single occasion of my son and my daughter. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know what this is akin to people who have never had children, like I want six kids, just have one, and then see where you sit with it.
Speaker 1: If I had six kids that have three leashes each.
Speaker 4: I baby sit seven kids quite often. But in saying that, it's usually at someone's house. I don't take them all out together. I'm in the camp of like, oh my god, that's so ridiculous. But one time I went to ANDHL shopping center and I walked in and there was these kids trying to climb the ice cream thing, and this guy goes, these your children?
Speaker 5: And I was more trying to thought, ye are you serious? Number one?
Speaker 4: Do I look like a mother? And number two? Do I look like I'm from the North. Oh I'm not anyway, So they definitely needed a leash. So look as I get older and probably once I have little, tiny darling babies, oh probably.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the irony of that story is is that you're at Underhale shopping center and you were on a leash. Those kids were guiding you around.
Speaker 5: Nobody can ever leash me.
Speaker 1: So now at the stage where someone says to you when you're kids, I'll put it on a leash, like it's a good idea. Every now and then, as a man, you sit there and you think, wow, what would I do in a particular situation, like a really confronting situation. Would I man up? Or would I just squirm out the back like a little weasel and forever feel like an absolute pussy cat? You know what I made?
Speaker 3: So, for example, if you were to be confronted with someone who wanted to fight.
Speaker 1: Yes, or if your family was in danger, yes, say someone intruded into your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw this study on the weekend which I found very very entertaining, but also like, I wonder, what's a category I've been It turns out that almost ten percent of men think that if they got into a fistfight with a line, that they would win with an actual line.
Speaker 2: Have seen that meme?
Speaker 3: In fact, I think I sent it to your wife where there's a woman standing at the kitchen sink, and that's.
Speaker 2: A thought double.
Speaker 3: So there's fifteen different thoughts about O, I'm got to do the kids homework, I've got to pack the lunches, I've got to do this, I've got to.
Speaker 2: Do this for work, blah blah blah. And then it flips to a man. It was like, could I take on a bear in a fight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: This is the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely is the thing. So not only do we think about it, we think what are our chances of actually winning? And would I be brave enough to even take part in it?
Speaker 2: Okay, all valid questions.
Speaker 1: So there was a particular moment in my household quite recently, which I am not proud of at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You always wonder, in a split moment, say if someone broke into your house and you came face to face, Wow, what would you do?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I think I think most blokes have thought about this, and blokes say, look, I've got weapons under the bed, or you know, I'd punch him in the face and i'd grab him, I'd time up all those sorts of things. Yeah. The other night, it was about one o'clock in the morning and it was stinking hot. Oh yeah, so, and I was asleep, but I don't think I was fully asleep. And you know when you wake up and you get startled and there's that sort of moment in between reality where you're still sort of half asleep.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: There was one particular moment where the mirror, it's a big mirror in our room fell off. Oh no, so he was attached to the wall and it completely fell off. So much so that when it hit the ground, one it's smashed, and then two it's fallen front ways, so then it's smashed again.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So there was a small moment, like a really really small moment, where I genuinely thought that we were getting broken into I'm in bed with it, my wife and my three year old daughter who still sleeps with us. Yeah, and in my moment where I'm really tested on whether I'm going to be a man or not and whether I'm going to protect the family. This is basically all that came out of my mouth. It was dense at of miment. My thoughts were on here. Instead of jumping out of bed and jumping into a fighting position, all I could do was go And I had my wife Car literally say to me or he can't, it's just a mirror that's falling off the wall. And then the next day, I think at one stage a little bit of time to pass it. And then Car I had to say, can we just address your reaction? Did the mirror falling off the wall last night? I think Car is ready to go, Like she cocked the fist and she was ready to go, And I was in the corner, hiding behind my three year old daughter.
Speaker 2: Do you know the worst pub about this story? You put that mirror on the wall you thought you did a grad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? On top of that as well, she's what a guy, not handy and also an absolute pussy. I remember a few days ago and we spoke about Kelly Clarkson, how she told us what she likes to do in the shower. Remind me, yeah, you a fish? She said she likes to and she can't help, but she likes to quite regularly urinate in the shower. That's classic, classic dirty bird, Kelly.
Speaker 2: Cloves, classic Clarkson.
Speaker 1: And I told you how much I like to eat in the shower and also drink beers in the shower, because the shower's there for much more than just washing yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what. There's another celebrity that jumped on board the shower train, and that is living your life in there. So can you take a shower with me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I highly recommend you do. Don't take this the wrong way, but come on, take this little journey. But let's have a shower. Oh, there it is. Jessica. Bill's the latest to come out to do something in the shower.
Speaker 2: What does she like to do.
Speaker 1: She's offered an insight into a daily routine by revealing her peculiar habit of eating in the shower, which is divided opinion, of course, but she's taken it the next step up. She said in a recent TikTok post that she likes to eat and drink in the shower shower privatey arthans like cereal or yogurt, tea popsicles, to which she said, I know melk factor right, but safe? You know anything that drops, you're good. Love that from Jess.
Speaker 2: I love your just beal impression.
Speaker 1: Oh. Basically, what she's saying is you can do absolute utely anything in the shower, and I mean anything. I don't think you understand what goes on in the haze household inside the shower.
Speaker 2: Do I want to know while we're showering?
Speaker 1: Do you think? What do you think Car and I get up to in the shower?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, what do you go and have a guess it's escalated?
Speaker 1: Go on?
Speaker 2: Well, the kids home or the kids out?
Speaker 1: The kids they might be home, they might be out. I'll tell you anyway. Number one, Car and I actually got married in the shower, which is nice. Number two Car gave birth to all three of our kids in the shower. That's how much we get around the shower. Yeah. Number three, the kids are homeschool, so we teach the kids in the shower whilst they're showering as well. So basically what we do in the shower is everything except for wash ourselves. Yeah, so that's just that's just a bit of an insight into what happens in the haze.
Speaker 2: That's a real twist on showering things.
Speaker 1: You can get involved as well to your bunch of dirty birds. I for dou below nine one nine because Jess bills come out and she's bang on board, especially the pop school thing and the coffee thing, and everything hits the floor. I'm not sure if she's eating it once hits a floor. Showers are free goes, aren't I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure about eating yogurt in the shower, Like, what if the water gets into the yoga?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just turn it up or not. Let me get on your back there, yoa, it's what have you been doing?
Speaker 2: I've never suggested showered together ever again.
Speaker 1: Dirty back, give that a bit of a scrub please, this may take well, folks. Let's get to the break.
Speaker 2: Quite the fort What the fork.
Speaker 1: The Love edition?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the luck because we love love.
Speaker 3: But we thought we'd flip this thing on its head for Valentine's Day and talk about specifically the things that your partners do that drive you insane. I mean we could have got around, you know, all the lovey dovey stuff and the beautiful romantic things, but no, screw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you need to know the things you're doing wrong in order to delete those things you can keep on going in a good direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: So this feels like a maths experiment. So we are the ex Yes, so we have approached both of each other's respective partners and asked for a list of things that they think we do wrong in a relationship, the things that we do I e. You and I that drive our partners insane. And at this point I'm very, very nervous about what Gregotty has had to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you like me? Would you like to rip the band? If you want me to go first, sure, Okay, I've got a list right in front of me, and get straight to it. Firstly, extremely erratic. Secondly, consistently shoplifts and sword money laundering. No, I made them up. I'm not sure if that's sure or not, but this has great. God, he's list of things. Let's almost call them ix of Jerdyoti. Number one leaves garage door up and just walks inside. I'm even irritated by that.
Speaker 3: I know. Sometimes I think I've put it down, but I actually haven't.
Speaker 2: And the worrying thing.
Speaker 3: About that is that our garage, if it's up, goes straight into the house, so anyone can walk off the lame way.
Speaker 1: How'd you get in? I just walked straight through.
Speaker 3: It, straight into the open garage.
Speaker 1: Gets mad at me for not listening when I am listening, or don't need to listen because I've heard it before. Yep. Ah, jeez. I think I can understand exactly where Greg's coming from there.
Speaker 3: But he fails out mid conversation. Honestly, he's a shocker. I'll stop, I'll just stop talking. You're not listening, are you? And just need I'll be halfway through a sentence and he'll just walk out of the room, like, where did that conversation go?
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 1: He's trying to move on? Yeah, I stopped living the past, Jae're trying to go forward? Yeah, right, And lastly from greg otdy keeps signing up to play netball. Some people don't know when enough is enough. Make col Greg oh, it's late night netble. Your achilles and your acls must be sitting there hanging by a thread.
Speaker 3: I know, and I just signed up for winter two. I bet you did every Saturday winter.
Speaker 1: So there's your list from greg Otty for you to self improved. No doubt you really really listening to that and make some adjustments.
Speaker 3: I've been in contact with Kara Hayes and her list is extensive. I asked for three dot points and she's gone over and above and given me four. Well, so firstly claims to be the clean tidy one, but he's tidying means throwing everything into the closest copboared slash draw, in turn creating more mess. He's never touched a mop or spray and wipe in his life.
Speaker 1: Excuse me very much, my beautiful wife, car Yeah, ah, okay.
Speaker 3: Interesting where would you find Where would you find the spray and wipe in your home?
Speaker 1: What's in the home? First and four months? Sometimes it jumps from different spots, does it? I think it's under the sink. I assume it's under the sink.
Speaker 3: The spray and white playing hide and seek with you.
Speaker 1: Maybe I know the kids probably put it somewhere.
Speaker 3: This one, this next one is infuriating. What about this eats the snack size packages brought specifically for the kids lunch boxes, I e Tiny teddies, but does so at night when no one's around.
Speaker 2: So I go to make lunches at six a m. And I have nothing chure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can absolutely agree that you should see me on Friday night as well, after three or four beers. The amount of tidy teddies I've murdered entire population in one hundreds of them.
Speaker 3: You're just sitting on the couch with tiny teddy's in a headlock, just biting their heads off.
Speaker 1: Oh head first.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about this one? This is gross?
Speaker 3: Uses my toothbrush and acts like I'm the outrageous one when I get mad or you deny.
Speaker 1: Doing it because they're not your germs. They're not my germs, they're our germs. And just in response to all of these things, absolutely all of these things I didn't know that I just time, thank you, thank you for.
Speaker 3: We might as well go one more because I would hate to lead the list incomplete. The fourth it needs me to tell him how to help when it is blatantly obvious. I e. A full basket of washing, needing folding, kids still in their pjs when we're going out, kids needing teeth brushed at bedtime? Does she have does this, poor, poor long suffering wife of yours have to spell those things out?
Speaker 1: Do you get one? And it's solid directions? Absolutely I need directions. I expect me to read the room. Just tell me what to do when I'll do it. Wow, very simple creature.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: They teach this in primary school, probably about year two or three.
Speaker 2: It's called initiative.
Speaker 4: And this is the problem with men across the board, the country, universe, the worlds.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this thirteen twenty four to ten. Please, What does your partner do that drives you absolutely insane?
Speaker 7: What the hot? What the.
Speaker 2: We love love.
Speaker 3: What we thought we'd do is flip this script on its head and just talk to people who've been married very very very very long time, or those people who have broken up and are spending it alone, those people who still have the ick.
Speaker 2: Over their ex.
Speaker 3: And we've asked the question this morning, what does your partner do?
Speaker 2: That drives you insane?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a beautiful open space. Maybe use this to air your problems so you can fix them.
Speaker 2: And that's good. That's good because you invent, you get it all out.
Speaker 6: In the open.
Speaker 2: It's cathartic, and then you can move on.
Speaker 3: And what does your partner do that drives you crazy?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 5: I love this segment.
Speaker 9: It's amazing.
Speaker 8: I've got so many I can.
Speaker 2: Leave the biggest one for me, the biggest graph I have.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's with me, it's looking after my children.
Speaker 8: But for him, it's babysitting.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, wow, Emily, what's his name?
Speaker 2: That may be May.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm going to call it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know what? I was just jumping abot for the great man. I'm sure that he's learning this for the first time, and he didn't even know that it was Nick of yours.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure we heard about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just feel like if you, well you didn't actually physically Birthday's child, but you had a real big part in creating them.
Speaker 2: It's sitting when it's.
Speaker 1: Your own children. It feels like sometimes, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: WHOA, I'm just trying to contribute, Tim, what did you probn to do that drives you insane.
Speaker 7: Buives horses.
Speaker 1: Likes in like a genuine horses.
Speaker 7: You got it, you got absolutely crazy. We have over twenty horses.
Speaker 1: You put them.
Speaker 7: I least two properties for it, and it's crazy. And she also has eight horse rugs, which I call mount Rugmore, which gets used.
Speaker 6: Tim.
Speaker 3: So she'll just go out. Will she call you and say I've seen a horse? Do you mind if I buy it? Or she just does it? Well?
Speaker 7: She says she's going out to buy a horse, and I say yeah, that's fine, and then she comes home with three Yeah, yeah right, Oh oh god, that's annoying. I can't even buy a beer.
Speaker 1: Imagine imagine Tim view we had to buy a by and you came back with three. She'd be so angry.
Speaker 7: Oh you got it. You nailed it on there. You're right with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Tim, thank you so much. Hey Scherie, what does your partner do the drugs? You insane?
Speaker 8: We work together and he'll as open up the door and just let my roop and then close the door. Was sitting next to me and she just looks at me and goes. Honestly, the twelve year old boy and he will just do it like multiple times a day. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's just boys meaning boys, isn't it. We're just trying to do our best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show me he loves me.
Speaker 3: Affection. Oh my goodness, Well that's outstanding, CHERI.
Speaker 1: I feel like all these people now are in a much happier place because I've got off the chests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is how I showed my lab show your love by squeezing it in.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like we have much gas than you guys. By the way, We've got to expel it more. I've never once in my life heard my wife pass win.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, I can't hate me. You have saying that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, that's weird. She calls me up all the time and fucks into the phone.
Speaker 5: You know why you have moore gas because you're so full of it?
Speaker 1: Yes, so true, big big cheerio, and welcome to all the teachers listening this morning. Oh my goodness, she say, do a good job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's it's probably not rewarded.
Speaker 3: Enough when you spend an inordinate amount of time with your children. God, you appreciate teachers today because you're like I've got four of them. They've got twenty eight in a classroom.
Speaker 1: Good lord, you have to say right now, they're sitting there, just canned down the day. It's just rocking back and forth. Monday. Oh my god, what about this? A teacher in the US has sparked an online debate by sharing a list of thirty two band words in her classroom. Yeah, she said, her name's miss t. If you get caught using these words, you'll write a short essay explaining why you chose to use the words in an academic setting to express yourselves, basically saying, be better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear some of the words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but for words you don't want to hear from a teacher, go write an essay.
Speaker 1: Go write and says four thanks you hang on is an essay? Two words? Even I know that I made a fasty eight. Here's some of the words. There's thirty two. Are not going to go through all them. Number one is brah excuse me broh. That makes sense. Number three, which I'm still getting my head around, is ooh we ski ye skie I'm reliably told is a song by Sexy Red.
Speaker 2: Oh there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number six is that's cap. That's very American, isn't it. Number nine, Oh my god, Miss t oh my god, Miss t oh god. Number eleven on my Mama. Number twenty was Gangang twenty seven. I'm just trying to imagine kids saying it's in the classroom as well. Number twenty seven were Big Dog, So you can imagine there's some when Miss t and probably hyper intelligent as well, just trying to educate the future. And all of a sudden she hears a driver around the bend.
Speaker 3: We've got an expression in our home that I can't quite get my head around. I'm reliably informed it's from Tiktop. But there's a lot of this because I obviously live with, you know, a lot of girls.
Speaker 2: This one slay girly pop.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what don't they don't make me dislike your kids, because right there, I love them.
Speaker 2: That'll say to me all the time slay gurly pop.
Speaker 3: What what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Slagh girly pop.
Speaker 3: Sleigh means sort of go off, and girly pop I think is someone who's pretty cool, like pretty chilled, right, has a nice attitude.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, the girls and ages, what are we talking to your girls once again.
Speaker 2: This is the oldest ones.
Speaker 3: Oh not even the four year old says it so for ten and twelve sleeve girly bop right.
Speaker 1: Okay, so slagh girlypop band in your house. Keep it to a.
Speaker 3: Minimum, I wish, But it's only because I half think that they're calling me cool that I allow it.
Speaker 1: What she is, Mum's dancing again. She has no idea what's going on? Look at the big dog. In our house, we've banned all references to KFC. The marketing has absolutely gripped our kids, right. This is a lot of you very casually on the couch.
Speaker 3: It down.
Speaker 1: So say I don't care. I think that's cool. They genuinely think that's cool. It is cool around and say that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: Play that again please.
Speaker 1: Un So say I don't care. I love sewing in a shut up and take my money as well. I love it.
Speaker 3: How she's like I love it? She doesn't love it, she loves it.
Speaker 1: This is the only KFC references accepted in our house.
Speaker 5: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Perfectly reasonable? Question from old school back in the day. If you've got some for double nine one nine nine on nine, what are the words that are banned in your house because sometimes kids and if you give them, I know sometimes when Henry says something and I'll slightly giggle and he's like.
Speaker 2: I'm on here, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And you're.
Speaker 1: Going to hear this for the next two to three months.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of this in our house.
Speaker 3: You can say that in here, but don't say it outside the house.
Speaker 1: Thrust that they're going to stick to those. Yes, I mean, sure we're competitive, and sure there's one hundred dollars faster about oup for grabs, but it doesn't need to be this personal. We'll say that much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Jade's watch is going off as.
Speaker 2: Well because my heart beats so high? Is it genuine?
Speaker 1: It's asking you if you're having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: Well no, okay.
Speaker 3: People think we muck around, ju miss, but I honestly get anxious you do, because I can't don't cope with the aftermath when you win and you carry on.
Speaker 1: Because my shirt gets itchy. That's not take it off.
Speaker 3: Urge to punch you in the face is so overwhelming to me.
Speaker 1: I dodge it.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's yeah, please come on.
Speaker 1: Even I admit that I'm very obnoxious in this space. Extremely's self aware.
Speaker 6: It's good.
Speaker 3: I just said to him, if you win, don't carry on, don't carry on, and you went, I will.
Speaker 1: Every time I'm over the top, I always lose. Yeah, actually that actually sits well with you if I'm really.
Speaker 9: Let's hope you both straighten up and get on with it. There is a fast pass about your on the line, same as always overhits, throwbacks orchestralized.
Speaker 6: We've got Sarah.
Speaker 9: Sarah has picked Jodie before, so she's gone with Hazy today.
Speaker 1: I don't you know, Sarah, I'm glad to be your runner up. That's completely fine. Welcome, finally, welcome to the good side.
Speaker 11: Thank you, and good luck.
Speaker 3: Good luck Sarah. And I hope that your fearless captain Andrew Hayes is gracious if he does, in fact take out.
Speaker 6: Very much doubt it.
Speaker 1: Let's let's glote together, Sarah.
Speaker 6: Well, Joe's on your team. You've got Daniel.
Speaker 3: Hello, Daniel, Okay.
Speaker 2: I like these PEP talks.
Speaker 6: Like them a lot. Supportive listeners, Yes, all right, all song number one, let's go here we go listen? What is it?
Speaker 1: This would be? You got yeah? Black Eyed Peas song name.
Speaker 2: This is interesting.
Speaker 4: Why why half break through.
Speaker 3: Did you have to turn to me and go, don't dance like a stripper.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad this isn't visual.
Speaker 1: Hang on, hang on? What do you mate? What was your question there?
Speaker 2: Just halfway through?
Speaker 3: Did you have to stop and look at me in the eye and say, have you got it?
Speaker 2: When you knew you had it?
Speaker 6: Don't worry?
Speaker 1: Come on enough, hey, so pull it on the line.
Speaker 6: Please, No, you.
Speaker 9: Should move on because Joe's redemption is around the corner. It's right around the corner. Song number two, I.
Speaker 6: Don't know I did. Come on, Jad's.
Speaker 1: A what go on?
Speaker 6: Song?
Speaker 1: Name?
Speaker 6: Artist?
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 6: It's true?
Speaker 1: What do you doing?
Speaker 6: I'll count you down.
Speaker 1: It is Vanessa Carlton.
Speaker 6: Song name A thousand miles.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly, how.
Speaker 1: Honestly how no one is supporting me in this team. So all I'll say is, Sarah, we did a baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm really angry about this one. That was That was a good ten seconds.
Speaker 6: I looked at you Jo's you didn't have it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 12: How do you know?
Speaker 2: I genuinely had it?
Speaker 3: But I was waiting for him, but he had He took ten to fifteen seconds there and I'm going to run a timer over and you're going to allow this as the adjudicator?
Speaker 5: Are you going to allow this?
Speaker 9: I've said it before, I'll say it again. No adjudicating the adjudicator.
Speaker 6: All of you?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Cal Hey, do you want to play the last one?
Speaker 6: Just for yeah? Definitely not really, don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I would refuse just for you know what gigs. No, I absolutely will not. And I'm contemplating an email to the International Song Song Song Federation.
Speaker 2: Because that was a joke.
Speaker 1: Well, just just rewarn of the federations been a little bit tardy recently. Might take seven to eight days.
Speaker 2: For you to get back, really, you know what.
Speaker 9: It does make things a little bit more interesting though, because it's been four four but now it's five to four in favor of Hazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's all happened for beautiful day today, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Ah? Yes, Nust, let's talk about this and I will want everyone to get involved. On thirteen, twenty four to ten, checking your partner's phone. Text from one of our beautiful listeners saying it's an anonymous one saying I would love to know what people think about going through your child's phone and what age it's not appropriate anymore.
Speaker 1: It's a very interesting one.
Speaker 3: Spicy, and it reminded me of a conversation. I was in Teltra for the better part of two hours the other day swapping upgrading my phone, and I was listening to a seventeen year old girl in a conversation with her dad. Now he was obviously buying her phone and data, and so it got to the point where she was like, and she's got a hand up in her dad's face, like stop, stop, and he's going listen, I have enough data on my phone. She's like, yeah, but I use it for work. And he's going listen, I have the same amount of data and I use it for work all day, every day and that's enough. And she's like, yeah, but you don't need to check Instagram.
Speaker 1: Anah, got you there, Dad, check Mates a flipbul time.
Speaker 3: Which brings me to my point on these I think, if you're paying for your child's phone, you can check that thing whenever and however you want to, however old they are.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair of interesting.
Speaker 2: It's technically your phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirteen twenty four to ten, what age is appropriate to stop looking at your kid's phone? My kids are only five and three that I have mobile phones. Yes, they're sort of dabbling in some iPad use of tablet loot use. And Henry knows how to send text now via the iPad. An he sent it to me and mum, But that's fine. Yeah, I sort of wonder what happens if I just sort of let him go and didn't text or check his phone or his tablet at all. Because if you don't keep up to date with what's going on, all of a sudden, you just sort of four down and fifteen years ago by, and all of a sudden, you've got one of these little fellows on your hands. Say my name God, that's how it starts. Ladies and gentlemen. You can never be too careful, little Heisenberg.
Speaker 3: I have to say I did have a parent approach me from one of the extracurricular activities that one of my kids does outside work, and she said, you might want to check the group chat because there's.
Speaker 2: A bit going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where they really let loose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm sort of, I don't know, I'm a little bit afraid to check it sometimes because I don't really know if I'm going to like.
Speaker 2: What I'm going to find.
Speaker 1: I'm bagging you.
Speaker 6: My mom's such a me.
Speaker 1: Thirty twenty four teen, What age is appropriate to stop looking at your kids phone?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I genuinely think if you're paying for that phone, then it's practically yours and you can have access to it whenever. And it is really important to check what your kids are up to online, because you know the internet is not a safe space.
Speaker 2: Se sure, Yeah, I'm positive.
Speaker 1: For example, what we discovered when we were at school as well, even though there were filters on the Google search engines, if you spaced out the letters, it would get through, wow, and then you'd be able to look at sports webs In twenty fourteen, what age is appropriate to stop looking at your kids' phones? We'll take calls next we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about should you check your partner's phone? I would love to know what people think about going through your child's phone and what age it's not appropriate anymore? I reckon if you're paying for that thing, you've got full access for as long as you like. Hey, Claire, Hi, what do you think?
Speaker 6: How old are you?
Speaker 5: For a start? I?
Speaker 10: Twenty four?
Speaker 2: Are? Okay?
Speaker 10: No? I completely agree with you. I think that your parents are paying for your phone that they can go into it. I never got a phone until I was eighteen. My parents wouldn't let me have one until I could pay for it myself. Yeah, so they never checked my phone. But I if I went out somewhere, I just had a little knockier brick that I had to hand in when I got back.
Speaker 2: That's so cute.
Speaker 1: Who knock did you have? By the way? Was it? Was it a big old fifty one to ten?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 10: No, but it was. It was a brick Like I, I couldn't do anything but tech coumm and dad on it and say can you come pick me up? Because I didn't know how.
Speaker 1: To use it? Can't get out to know good on the internet? Old school knock out.
Speaker 3: And she's playing she's playing Tetris too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's playing snake. Yeah, trying to crack a thousand.
Speaker 3: I say the big dogs with do thank you, Claire. Let's go to Jack from Highbury. Jack, what are your thoughts on this one? How old are you kids when you stop checking their phone?
Speaker 12: I reckon fifteen sixteen. It's a bit of a milestone for a lot of things. So fifteen, I'll stop checking your phone I'll stop thinking about it. You can, you know, start just be coming out all halfter that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jack, you've got three daughters ages.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so they are eleven, six and one. So I got my hands pretty full.
Speaker 1: Yes you do, sir, Yes you do.
Speaker 12: You've got to be pretty on the ball.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: Some people start not you're right do that, or say, well, I had the kid, she's my daughter, so until they're eighteen, I make good decisions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, i'd argue Jack that your wife technically had the kid.
Speaker 12: Well, happy they come out of me too, y'h.
Speaker 1: So true, that's so true. It takes two to tango.
Speaker 6: Yes, so true.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jack. Let's go to Danny from Sky. Hey, Danny, Hi, how are you going good?
Speaker 3: Good? What are your thoughts on this one?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm a school teacher, so I spent a lot of my time putting kids as families with social media issues. Yeah, and I'm a really strong believer that you should be checking your kids' phones until they are eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, you're having.
Speaker 11: The same passwords. You should be regularly checking their phone. And if you built up a relationship. I got two teenagers at home and they'll come and tell me, you know, and I ask me, is this okay, I've got this message?
Speaker 7: What should I do?
Speaker 11: But if you've got it, that trusting relationship, it's really important.
Speaker 3: So good because I guess, Danny, one of my biggest feezs as a parent is that there's some bullying stuff going on behind your back and your kids the recipient of it, and they're not saying anything.
Speaker 2: I bet there's a you've seen a fair bit of that.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, they don't want to dub on their friends. But you know, if true friends, they wouldn't have sent the message in the first place.
Speaker 1: It was words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that time we had a voice of reason on this show.
Speaker 1: It feels good.
Speaker 6: It's quite refreshing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Definitely key message and all this, I think and two very very key words private browsing. Joe's. Whether you're paying a mortgage or you're trying to get into the rental market, it's really really tough out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is extremely tough to find a rental property at the moment.
Speaker 2: There's a rental crisis Andrew.
Speaker 1: House, Yes, and particularly in Melbourne, Sydney, and you see some of these open houses there's like hundreds of people yeah, looking at say one room.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know that would be so disheartening.
Speaker 1: This little story has gone viral on the Internet's about a certain gentleman from the States who's renting I think it's in Sydney, and it's really drawn some interesting opinions, not just from his housemates but the public in general. He's asked his housemates to cover the water, gas and electricity bills while he takes a three month holiday. Bear in mind, he's still paying rent. He just doesn't want to pay the extra bills, right. She's also said, though, old chip in and I'll pay my share of the internet, but the other bills I shouldn't have to pay because I'm not there.
Speaker 3: Well, my first thought on this is quite emotional, like la di da, You're taking a three month holiday and yet you don't want to pay your water bill.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, well that's actually quite a point. Yeah, your experience in the rental market.
Speaker 2: Well no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Well, I was just explaining to you offer that I was married at twenty one twenty two, so I basically went from home straight into the marital home. So I haven't had a lot of experience in this area, but I would assume that if you're sharing a house, you need to share the responsibilities and utilities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what you think that he should have to pay even though he's not there using the plants, he's not using water, he's not using electricity.
Speaker 3: I kind of do, because it's like swings and roundabouts. Some stage someone else might go on a holiday. Well, and then they turn around and go, I'm not paying it like and they're going to say it exactly that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like speak English, we can't understand what we're saying. Maybe write it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: These things just work in waves. Sometimes someone's going to pay more, sometimes someone's going to pay less.
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Apps?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: And no, no, I thought you were going to stay.
Speaker 5: In my experience, which there's been a lot.
Speaker 4: If I ever was to go back and rent now with people, I would. I'm a fan of like split the whole lot up and pay weekly. And what I mean by that is you don't pay for the room that you're in, look at the whole house and you go, how much is the house costing us?
Speaker 5: How much is bills costing us?
Speaker 4: Let's split that up and let's pay X amount every week, so it's all covered no matter what.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 4: I look back at all the issues I've had with living with people, and there was always problems with bills would come in, people wouldn't pay them on time.
Speaker 5: People owed you that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: So the last few places I stayed in Queensland, it was always your rent and your bills, and it was you don't say it was rent. Was two hundred and fifty coverage your bills a week and that's what you paid.
Speaker 3: Okay, SAME's fair and reasonable.
Speaker 5: Which I think is fine.
Speaker 4: But yes he's not there, but bad luck, like he's still living out of home.
Speaker 5: I think he's still got to pay it.
Speaker 1: If it blows out, Like say, if you're trying to coverything, but you use more water. For example, you have a little tears and beers. Not on Friday night, just an hour back at first, you're using more water.
Speaker 2: If you describe your last Friday night, it was.
Speaker 5: Love Friday night, too busy.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's got to say, look, while I'm away, you know, I pay a quarter.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know. This is a hard one, but my thing is just paid all together.
Speaker 1: Zoe's a renting expert, your thoughts on this.
Speaker 6: I'm a share house expert for sure.
Speaker 9: Absolutely not. He doesn't have to pay bill as well he's away. I know it goes against the ground, but he's not using them bills. I mean, in my experience, we pay bills as they come, so we split it evenly. But if I were to go away for three months, Eddie would cover the bills, I'd cover.
Speaker 3: My rent yeah, yeah, right, Okay. What I would like is if Zoe just stopped coming to me and saying, can you pay my electric?
Speaker 2: That would be so nice.
Speaker 1: The message I got out of this is just avoid the rental market, give yourself a great, nice and earlier