Speaker 1: Hey, guys, I want to talk mobile phones. They can you did you got a shiny new one? They can get you into trouble every now and then with errant texts and the.
Speaker 2: Like what's your reals? Used to do media training for the footballers.
Speaker 3: It pertains more to social media.
Speaker 1: But I would always say, if you have to ask yourself, should I post this?
Speaker 3: Don't?
Speaker 1: So you could apply that to a text, Should I text this?
Speaker 2: Don't?
Speaker 3: This is more around voicemails.
Speaker 1: I thought voicemails were dead d ed because people are texting in the first instance, right to check in to do something.
Speaker 4: But they do this thing now where remember you used to have to call one oh one and go through it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now they will just pop.
Speaker 2: Up to them.
Speaker 6: Who does or you get like you ring someone and they go after the turne leave your message.
Speaker 2: It'll be transformed into.
Speaker 1: Every now and then, though, Jason, a voicemail catches my eye, and this one did because it's from someone who would never leave me a voicemail. It's from a now former colleague. But friend Tony.
Speaker 2: Jones now does he realizes the.
Speaker 1: Length You can you can see how long it goes for, and it goes it went for a while, and it immediately sort of.
Speaker 4: Note because voice notes, I've accidentally sent many people by his Lauren.
Speaker 1: That's a really interesting point you make. It's a voicemail, but hit play, Jason.
Speaker 7: Sorry, mate, I got completely tied up today and didn't get a chance to call you back. We are a little short starved.
Speaker 4: Ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 7: I'll try to chat with you over the weekend. But I bet you're just relishing this lightened workload. Good on you, you deserve it.
Speaker 3: Talk soon, So hang on.
Speaker 5: He's tried to send he's tried to send a voice to text, and he sent a voice not call me. No no no no to voice.
Speaker 8: No no no no no no no no no no no what So he's tried he's tried to send a voice send a voice to text, and he's accidentally called me and left a voicemail.
Speaker 3: Oh that's on my voicemail?
Speaker 2: Can I hear?
Speaker 7: Sorry, mate, I got completely tied up today and didn't get a chance to call you back. We are a little short staffed.
Speaker 4: Ha ha ha. But he thinks, now that's better than me. When I do them, I go hija's full stop.
Speaker 5: How are you going? Question?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 5: I thought you have to put all the punctuation.
Speaker 2: And then it reads it back.
Speaker 6: Hi Jack, No, No, we want to talk boomers.
Speaker 4: On text, Boomers on technology in technology.
Speaker 1: This all follows his voicemail I received a couple of days ago from our mate TJ.
Speaker 7: Sorry mate, I got completely tied up today and didn't get a chance to call you back. We are a little short staffed.
Speaker 9: Ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 1: So his explanation, he says, I feel so stupid. I just left you a voicemail. I thought I was dictating a text. So if I sound like a robot, you will know.
Speaker 2: Why he was doing.
Speaker 5: Is so good.
Speaker 6: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number boomers and technology.
Speaker 4: So somehow every time I send my data photo like just text it to him, he sends the same photo straight back.
Speaker 5: And I don't know how, and I don't know why.
Speaker 4: As soon as we send him a photo, I always get a replyment or Dad's replying to my photo and he sends the same photo back.
Speaker 2: We want you to see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he tries to save it, but he somehow.
Speaker 2: Forward to save button report Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, don't. I sends it back to our I grouped out the family.
Speaker 3: Jack all the time jen Z.
Speaker 6: Twenty five year old or how old are you twenty twenty twelve, twenty twenty year old producer said, we're not great on the old text.
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, who even uses voicemail? That's a big boomer. Well okay, anyways, you guys always use full stops, and it's no one uses full stops or question question marks. It feels like you guys are mad and all, like you're yelling at the full stop punctuation?
Speaker 2: Can you also not eat the microphone?
Speaker 5: No one uses punctuation anymore?
Speaker 10: No, you guys are boomers.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 5: Look at us all we're all.
Speaker 6: Like, I'm like Lauren, I text you, I go, hey, laws, what's up? Dot dot dot.
Speaker 1: Dot dot dot Yeah, And you know what a full stop is the end of the conversation.
Speaker 5: I mean we're yelling, no, yelly, you want to hear yelling.
Speaker 10: No, it means that you're mad. Like if you give me a full stop, I'm like, oh they're mad.
Speaker 4: No, correct, No, no full stops anymore?
Speaker 10: Yet to know from me?
Speaker 5: Full stop?
Speaker 6: Oh no, you're happy to use it. Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number boomers and technology techno What to be.
Speaker 4: Seen yeah, Facebook, I mean that is the reading ground for it on Facebook is just iconic.
Speaker 6: In return, I got two hundred and fifty dollar Coga vouchers to go join us on the air here at Novar Morning, Melbourne, twenty six past seven. You're on the air with Jase and Lauren. You're listening out for Lady Gaga Paparazzi. When you hear the song, give us a ring and you will win your way to the corporate suite for Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: This is the one. Not yet.
Speaker 6: When you hear us play that, that's when you give us a ring and you're winning your way to the VRP suite for Gaga.
Speaker 1: Ah good, But first we're talking boomers and tech right and this will follows it A voicemail I reci from my mate Tony Jones, right News. But he thought he was He thought he was using voice to text. He's just woken. He must have woken too. A furry of text messages him that we're talking about the radio. So TJ, this is for you. This is what you sent me.
Speaker 7: Sorry, mate, I got completely tied up today and didn't get a chance to call you back. We are a little short start, ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 5: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: Can I just get that isolated audio please?
Speaker 5: Ha ha ha?
Speaker 4: I love boomers on technology? Who one of our team? Maybe it was that old producer and her mum. Every time she wrote on Facebook, you know how like on Facebook, if you write a comment, it'll say Lauren Phillips and then my comment. They would write their name at the start to write it.
Speaker 3: So it would always come on to Phips.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kayla and Hastings. Is your mum a tech boomer?
Speaker 11: Shocking?
Speaker 10: God?
Speaker 4: What does she do?
Speaker 11: A happy birthday pay post for me on Facebook? And instead of just uploading one picture of me, she uploaded her whole camera roll.
Speaker 5: Yeah is there anything dangerous in there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Not really, just some recipes that she'd screenshots and brasstof.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, remember when I remember when our old producer was good friends with Darryl Braithwait. She had to ring him mid show because he uploaded a photo of himself on the toilet like looking at He must have been scrolling while he was on the loop and he's hit take.
Speaker 4: Photo and posted it. She was like, I've got an emergency. Were like, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: What's happened?
Speaker 5: Darryl Brave fots done a duny shot. Want to get it.
Speaker 2: Down, Darryl, you need to remove the photo.
Speaker 5: Get it off, dazzler.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's get to Matt from Endeavor Hills.
Speaker 2: Hey, Matt, Yeah, we're good buddy.
Speaker 3: Are you Are you a boomer that struggle with the tech or no? Somebody.
Speaker 11: I used to work at a IT retailer and we had a customer come in whose iPod was getting heavier because it was getting full.
Speaker 5: Hang on, No, they actually came in and said that.
Speaker 11: Yes, and then when we bought the new one, she's like, oh that's much better.
Speaker 5: Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Ella in ivan Ho, good morning, Good morning guys. How are you you got a story about a boomer using technology?
Speaker 9: I do bless them, the grandparents. Every suggestion emoji that comes up, they clicked, So I end up having to try and pretty much read a messic face off just emoji.
Speaker 4: Oh cute, Although I reckon it's pretty cool if your grandparents can text and use.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, it is pretty cupid.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when you get a mensageses about sixty emojis, it's a hard one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like charades on it is it is?
Speaker 2: You guys speaking on the emergencis.
Speaker 5: Yes, hate gen Z. Are the kids still using emojis or always boomers? If we're using emojis, yeah, you're still boomers.
Speaker 10: I feel like you always will be.
Speaker 2: Are your kids still using emojis?
Speaker 10: I only do it with you guys so I can blend in with.
Speaker 3: Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials,