Speaker 1: Tell us about your first kiss.
Speaker 2: I was twelve. I went to it twelve. That's yeah, it was actually I love that.
Speaker 1: Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 3: Is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 4: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 3: Okay, we are super excited to have Rachel Evn in the studio today. You might remember her from Love Alan season three. She is queen of all things nerds and pop culture.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey guys, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Hi, it's so nice to have you here.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming in. First question, where's your head At?
Speaker 1: We knew he was going to do it, of course, trying.
Speaker 4: To get it and trying to get it going on this podcast. Really, where's your head Someone's.
Speaker 2: Got to say it. Look, it's it's at a good place right now. I'm feeling good. Nothing's going wrong at the moment. Do you ever ever have those times in life where things are just going so right and you're just waiting for something to go wrong.
Speaker 1: You're waiting.
Speaker 2: I was like, what's the other shoes dropping? When's that happening?
Speaker 1: Don't you love it? Though, when it's everything's good and you're like oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and everything's calm, and you're like, okay, what's what's coming?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When's the storm rising at.
Speaker 4: Such a weird feeling? Help? I'm just always a twister.
Speaker 2: Just you should really consider then what's the problem.
Speaker 4: It's a problem. I'm software very sol away. Do you have an ick and a turn on for us as well?
Speaker 2: And this is something I mentioned before. I don't know what is happening in the world of social media, but we're going back to the old ways where everyone's like, I want to provide a boyfriend, and men are like this is how to be the top one percent alpha of like males. I don't know why we're going back to.
Speaker 4: So what's happening.
Speaker 2: So there are a lot I'm seeing a lot of talks and videos and just guys posting on threads of how they're giving advice of how to be like the alpha male.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so like's like send me the leak, so like to.
Speaker 4: Be like, there's a difference between being an alpha male and just like a confident male. I reckon what's the difference? Well, well, like opening a door for a woman or like you know, that's like getting that. Are they getting that mixed up?
Speaker 2: No, it's they're saying things like, don't watch porn.
Speaker 1: Don't watch porn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make six figures, you have to save yourself a high caliber women, things like that, and I just think it's just real.
Speaker 4: Top G stuff. Yeah, I was like, and you turn on.
Speaker 2: My turn on? I don't even know. Well, actually, I'm going to say this. Recently, my boyfriend got a haircut, and I don't know a man with a fresh haircut nothing better.
Speaker 1: That's got the hat off already.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm in the real awkward stage of growing it back, growing back to what so what it normally should be. I shaved it on a whim.
Speaker 1: You kind of didn't like it.
Speaker 4: That is not a compliment blonde though.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, justin Timberlake, you should get his noodle hair.
Speaker 4: No, my hair doesn't grow like that. I don't think I pulled that off.
Speaker 1: I mean you did.
Speaker 3: Getting a haircut that close to the wedding was pretty brazen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a pretty alpha male move.
Speaker 4: I backed myself in that this could grow back. I've been using all my fiance's like hair treatments that I meant to grow your growth bumb Yeah. Growth my hair, so I've been trying them.
Speaker 1: Growing like straight up is Yeah.
Speaker 4: It doesn't grow, It doesn't grow long, it grows thick.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Rachel, we first saw you on our screens for Love Island Australia Season three.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about that experience. How was that for you?
Speaker 2: So that was back in twenty twenty one. I'm not sure how old you guys were when you did Love Island. I was twenty one, so I felt like.
Speaker 4: A young Yeah, I feel like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And this is so tough to say, because it was fun. The games and all that were a lot of fun. I also found it quite traumatic. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. Did you have a similar.
Speaker 3: Experience, Yeah, Like I don't like to be told what to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, if anyone asks me, you know, if anyone asked me about it, I always say, don't recommend it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, That's what I said.
Speaker 4: I'm like, look, I try something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, go I f I'd another hobby mea yeah, look again. Parts of it were definitely fun. I think maybe I'm just a sensitive person and I struggled a lot emotionally on the show and off the show because of all the drama that happened afterwards as well. It's not something I recommend people do.
Speaker 4: How long were you on it for overall?
Speaker 2: Because our season only went for I think thirty days all up filming, that's clear. Yeah, not including dark days though, so dark days would have added more days. But I was on it for ten days.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, that's cute. I did like all that probably like.
Speaker 3: What fifty I reckon it's yes days like talking about her boyfriend's haircut and that's what about mine?
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry I did say to you before you walked in whose podcast.
Speaker 2: His name is? But to be fair though, because I don't know if you guys had this as well, but we had pre quarantine before the show. Yeah, we had seventeen days in an isolated room.
Speaker 4: Now you've one up us, so we only did seven Oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did well. Tina did more. Tina, I think did twenty four days. But I did seventeen days isolated room with like no technology, nothing, and because it was COVID times, we couldn't get room service or anything. So we had they were giving us groceries like every like a few.
Speaker 1: Days cooking your own meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cookal terrible, Give me some Chinese food or something. But it was I think seventeen days in a lockdown without like seeing anyone else and then going straight into a show again. It was all COVID times, so we were restricted of like who we can be in contact with. We were constantly getting checked. And then I was in another ten day isolation after I got eliminated because the show hadn't caught up to my elimination yet.
Speaker 4: That on your phone, on your phone, So you did a lot of time then isolated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did more.
Speaker 1: In jail.
Speaker 2: That was tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but would suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I hated it. Yeah, I hated the isolation.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like Love Island is so hard.
Speaker 3: It's I feel like for every contestant who goes on there, I feel like we're all like, oh, it was so traumatic and so hard, but then it's also so good, like it like there's parts of it that was really good. But then also what you can do after this show, I think, is what makes it all worth it. Would you say it is worth it or isn't? Like if you had to redo life, would you do it again or would you not?
Speaker 2: You guys probably have a different experience because you won and you were a runner up, right, so you guys had that leverage of you know, Love Island Australia winner. I was the first girl eliminated. When you're one of the first eliminated, you're pretty much like irrelevant straight afterwards. So you're not you're not going to be able to leverage yourself as easily if you are one of the early ones gone. Like, if you think you can go on Love Island and get a career straight off it, you're kidding yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had this conversation with someone recently. I don't think going on reality TV gives you a plack. It doesn't in Australia as well. Like, you can't just go on TV and be like, I'm gonna, you know, have a podcast. I'm gonna you.
Speaker 2: Know, you have to be memorable. You have to kind of market yourself in a great way and like you guys, you guys have this incredible podcast.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Another person who's done as well is Callum. He's hilous done really well. I'm a pop culture girl, Like, you have to market yourself well enough to make something from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean I actually didn't realize that you were off first, But now I'm thinking back and I'm like, oh, yeah, that's right, but you have You've done incredibly well, like probably as well as anyone else on your season, like Tina's done amazing. But I mean, you have like eight hundred k followers on TikTok. You have such a niche that you've really honed into. Like I feel like you have absolutely smashed it out of the ballpart.
Speaker 4: You came in with that as your thing, didn't you at like a cosplay that was like they introduced you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they introduced me as at that time, it was just like the Star Wars girl. Yeah, And I was like, okay, fair enough, And it was completely fair. I think that. But that was also the most hate I got was surrounding that. They're like, oh, she's such a pick me girl. She's obviously doing all this for male attention. I was like, there's so much you can do for male attention. I was like, like, Star Wars, let me tell you that right now, let me like style, let me just like something, and yeah, So that was like my whole thing. And then after the show, I was like, Okay, they've this is what they've set me up as I was like, I love movies. I think I can make something of this, and I just, yeah, like you said, honed into it and really worked my absolute awesome and here we are now because of it. And yeah, So Tina has been on I think three of the Love Island like Love Island Games season four as well, and her and I pretty much have like a very similar following, but she won it and I didn't.
Speaker 1: What was your following before Love Island? So has this?
Speaker 3: Basically my question is what's the following before? But then also like has this grown from Love Island?
Speaker 2: So before I went on Love Island, I think I was at about twenty k on Instagram and three hundred thousand on TikTok.
Speaker 1: So you had a big following.
Speaker 4: We didn't even me Love Island.
Speaker 2: I think I would have done just as well of percent. Yeah, Like I don't, don't get me wrong. When I got off the show, I think I had an actually twenty thousand on Instagram and maybe I don't even remember my TikTok, But it wasn't like a drastic change, like everything has happened because of what I've been posting for the last few years. Yea, But yeah, I don't think Love Island gives you that unless you like win or make a runner up. I don't think it gives you the platform that what people expect it to.
Speaker 4: Be, especially now as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I don't watch it, do you guys? Do you guys watch it?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna watch it this yeah, because of something that I can't say yet, but we'll say it soon.
Speaker 4: She's a bomb.
Speaker 1: I'm not going back.
Speaker 4: Yours was the last season that I watched because we ye. So if anyone wants to listening, go back and listen to these reviews.
Speaker 2: Can I get a rating of what you think?
Speaker 1: I liked it?
Speaker 4: Matt, I was holding it done.
Speaker 3: It's like Matt doesn't watch reality TV though, and I think that's the key point, Like you struggle with anything other than yourself being on TV.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I'll dabble in maths, I'll dabble in like Love is Blind. I won't watch these unless Tammy's watching it, and then I'll watch them with her. I don't go, let's watch this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not something you actively put on. I get that. I can't watch reality TV anymore because I'm like, I know these things aren't as realized that they're set up to be. Yeah, I can't even watch Mass. I think Mass is so toxic and like how that damage is people after the show. I think it's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't imagine Love Island is about to come out.
Speaker 1: I think in October.
Speaker 3: Do you have any advice for the contestants who are about to go on?
Speaker 1: It might be listening to this.
Speaker 2: I'm probably the worst person because everything you're not meant to do I did. I would say, like, don't cry, don't cry hard. Yeah, you did cry. I think I remember that.
Speaker 4: Crying nothing.
Speaker 2: The guy I was coppled up with cried as well, But everyone gets hate for crying.
Speaker 4: I don't understand that you're seating the dudes cried hates. I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were like cuddling in a circle or crying together. Yeah, it's breaking down toxic masculinity. Though it's fine, we love that.
Speaker 4: Who were you coupled with Chris Gordon's and then what happened?
Speaker 2: Him and I were coupled up. We were going really good and then there was an elimination that happened and they were like I forgot what the question was. But Lexie and I got put into the bottom two of whatever that elimination was for the girls, and so it was her and I and then Chris, Aaron and Taku had to make the viision if he was to get voted out, and my own partner voted me out.
Speaker 1: So that sucks. What happened with him after this show? What didn't happen to tell us the guy I.
Speaker 4: Was bringing back myself? I've told you before. I literally saw him yesterday. Weird, weird, and I'm not going to lie. I didn't. I just looked after and I was walking my lunch break to go get something from the post office and I looked at him. We made eye contact and I was like, fuck, that guy looks very European.
Speaker 1: I myself look and it was Rachel's partner from the show.
Speaker 2: Literally crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's with the timing? Have you ever seen him on the Gold Coast before?
Speaker 4: No, the Old Coast is pretty small.
Speaker 2: Coast is small, but like, I live on the Gold Coast and I see him, I think like once a year.
Speaker 4: Interesting on good terms, I guess you'll tell us what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we're not on bad terms or anything. I did recently unfollow him at the beginning of this year because I wanted a clean splate of not following anyone I had previously been with them, things like that. But he so he was obviously he started dating Zoe from the show, and then afterwards they had she I don't know if she's told you guys about it, but she briefly told me about what happened, and they just had a complicated relationship. They broke up, and then Chris started dating Lexi, which at the time was Zoe's best friend.
Speaker 1: That was scandalous.
Speaker 2: We had Yeah, yeah, so that was that was huge, And I think how Chris and Lexi went about it. I yeah, they were just not telling the truth to sudden people. But in the midst of this, this is what I was talking to about before.
Speaker 1: In the midst this is big tea. This is big tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the things I've never actually like spoken about online before. But it so Chris and I were messaging after Zoe and him broke up, and I was like, great, like we can pick up what we had on the show basically, and there was a lot of like flirting happening, and he was like, yeah, well we have a lot in common. Like I'm like, I'm interested rage and I was going away to a trip to cans and I was like, do you want to come over and like we can just hang out because he was like I don't want to be seen out with you and things like that red flash. I was twenty one at the time, so I was like, that's so fair, like you know, we can't be seen out together whatever. Anyways, And so he comes over. Nothing, nothing happens or anything. We're watching a movie in my in my room, we buy some snacks, and then we kiss again. Nothing else happens, We just kiss. He loses his shit at me, and I was like, why are you acting so weird about this? Like he's just like we shouldn't have done that, like that wasn't okay. He leaves my house. I was like can we talk about this? He's like no, I don't want to talk to you, like this isn't anything, And I was like, why are you at my house?
Speaker 4: Who did who made a move?
Speaker 2: It was very mutual, like I won't make a move on someone unless I think that feeling's been reciprocated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: So he like probably wanted to kiss. He kissed you and then was like.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you've done this.
Speaker 4: This is yeah, this is the thing.
Speaker 2: I was like, it takes two people to make out, you know, Like, this isn't this Like I did not know. I was like, and you're in my room, like at my house. And then he and I feel terrible. I'm like, oh my god, did I overstep a boundary? Did something like? And I try messaging him. He pretty muchun follows me on everything, and I'm like, what is going on? And then I think it was like a month later or like whatever. A couple of weeks later, him and Lexi have announced they're in a relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah and I together.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's someone proved this theory. There was a photo of them at the beach and she's like cuddling his back, and that happened like just after New Years and he came over to mine just before New Year's and then they announced it like a few weeks after that. So I think I don't know if they were together, but they were sleeping together probably Yeah.
Speaker 4: Gee whiz buddy.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: What other drama has happened behind the scenes of Love Island that has never come out before.
Speaker 2: There's there's been so many things. I think everything's pretty much come out now, but this is probably just a different view of it all. The whole Tina and Emily situation, So the situation where Emily had something with Mitch, but they Tina and Mitch hadn't announced they were broken up. Yeah, the night that Emily told Tina that news, which was a huge night, was the night of my twenty second birthday. So I invited all the Love Island girls out and I like, I booked pink Flamingo booth at a club, like I had organized everything. I was like, we're gonna have a great night, so much fun, my twenty second birthday, gonna have a great time. And so they're out, we're all drinking and everything, and then I go off and get a drink somewhere. And apparently what happened whilst I was away was Tina said, Emily king, tell me the truth, like, have you kissed Mitch? And Emily was like, we've.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're having sex. We were sleeping together.
Speaker 2: Well I don't know how many times that happened or anything. I only got told about once. Oh okay, yeah, but they had slept together, and Tina absolutely lost her shit, like absolutely yes, and like you'd be upset. Yeah, you'd be upset like the girl that he said don't worry about I understand that's.
Speaker 1: Always the girl I say, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Really, but like like all the props to Emily, Emily just stood there and took the yelling. Emily just stood there and was like, I'm so sorry. Like, and Emily and Tina weren't friends. That's one thing I will say. They weren't friends. They had no communication. The first time they had talk was at my at my birthday.
Speaker 1: So she didn't owe her anything, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: She didn't owe her anything at all. And then Tina obviously has run off. Ari and Zoe have gone after Tina. Emily's disappeared. So I come back. I've missed all of this. So I'm just sitting in like this. I'm sitting in this booth.
Speaker 1: By myself, just like, happy birthday to me.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys. I have a question.
Speaker 3: So there was a lot of things online talking about that. There was like pushing, shoving, some sort of like tussle.
Speaker 2: Between Tina and Emily. Yes, Tina, look, Tina did scream at No, there was no Emily is not a confrontationial person. She just stood there and took it. She was there was no no, there was there was no touching, there was no punch on or anything. Okay, but it did apparently happen outside, like outside the club. So Tina's screaming at her and these random people are just walking by, and it's always like, oh my god, I hope no one's filming this right now. Yeah, so oh yeah, And then Emily's come back into the club like twenty minutes later and just come found me, and then she pulls me aside into the bathroom and she's like, I was like, what's happening, what's going on? And she's like, I kissed match well And I was like, oh, you could have told me this, but I invited you all. I would have had two separate birthday like I would have like set something up. Yeah, jeez.
Speaker 4: We always said they should probably follow the drama after the show. I know a lot of your season, a lot of people slept with each other afterwards. I know I've heard things here and there.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, oh you must have known more than I do.
Speaker 4: Then, yeah, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, so.
Speaker 4: That no one from anyone did it. I mean probably now it's not really that's Rispectley.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the boys from.
Speaker 4: Yes, Aaron, Taku, Mitch, my mate Ben one of my groomsmith. Oh yeah Ben, Yeah, Noah Noah and then that's it, dude said, I just saw your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well look they're not. Noah's a sweetheart. Don't talk to Ben that often. Sorry, I met him handful of times. I think absolute sweetheart. Aaron and I are like on good times, but I like, I wouldn't we like Aaron? Yeah, Aaron's nice. Aaron Actually, after your Guys podcast, he actually apologized.
Speaker 4: To me, why what do you do? On their podcast?
Speaker 2: He set Chris up as like this like amazing guy, and then I was like trashing his name, and then all the stuff came out about Chris actually not being a good person, and then Aaron apologized to me.
Speaker 4: You gotta be careful about that. Yeah, back so on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw it though I saw it on the show. I remember something had happened and I on the show. I went straight up to Courtney as it was happening. I was like, I think I've been Gasolt right now. I was like, I think this man is not who he says he is, and yeah, look, Chris, there's nothing wrong with Chris. I just think that he just has Gold Coast boy tendencies.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we've spoken about Love Island. Let's talk to Rachel next about her love life. Okay, Rachel, you did not find love in the Love Island villa, but recently nobody.
Speaker 2: No one's going they was the reason I entered Love Island. Really, I was like, oh, they found it, I can have it too. But apparently he's cheated by the.
Speaker 1: Time this is out.
Speaker 4: Probably what's happened. That's what I don't want to dive too much into it by the time this comes out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. An, so you didn't find Loveland Lit, but you did find it recently.
Speaker 1: Tell us everything.
Speaker 2: So we met this is obviously how every great love story starts. We met on a dating app.
Speaker 1: Love it? Yeah, love it.
Speaker 2: I have always been very I'm going to say judgmental. I think you're when you're trying to find like the right relationship. It's not something you go searching for. It's something that should come to you. And that's why I've always been skeptical about dating apps, because I'm like, when you're on a dating app you're looking for something, but I had just I was seeing a guy in May, and like, I was just feeling deflated from the whole dating game, and so I was like, I need some validation. So jumped into Hinge. I matched I think with like four people and I was like, great, I feel great. But this one guy he sent me a rose and he sent me a cheesy pickup line that says I thought the bottom of my laptop was hot. And I'm like, you, I like this.
Speaker 4: I should probably get a MacBook price.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a really bad yeah. And I said, oh, that was good, and his reply was if you think that's good, you should see where I'm taking to dinner next Friday. Sending your number, he was like, where did he take you? He took me to Little Truffle on the Gold Coast exactly.
Speaker 4: We just spoke about that. There they're doing the food for my wedding. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Great food.
Speaker 4: Great. The other thing is he's romantic in there.
Speaker 2: It is romantic. Well, he's from Brisbane. He drove all the way from Brisbane, which I basically live in. Anyways, right, Matt, you do I.
Speaker 4: Said that before.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 4: He doesn't, but I have a choke with some of Tammy's friends that where you live is practically Brisbane, and so, yeah.
Speaker 2: He drove all the way to Brisbane to take me out on a date. Que Yeah, and he he's just one of the sweetest men I've ever met. He opens all my doors, he knows the sidewalk rule. And like I said this earlier, I'm a very sensitive person. I think that's what I've struggled with in previous relationships or situationships, is that I don't even want to say I overreacted things, but like they'll do something and I'll have like a big reaction to it, and I just I feel like I was just constantly getting lied to or manipulated with the guys I was seeing, And so with him, he's just so like kind and just open to knowing my emotions and understanding and he like, yeah, he's just such a beautiful person. He's twenty five, mature, He's very mature. Yeah, he's very mature. He's got a sister and a mom, so he's and like his mum is constantly like you make sure you open doors for her. I touch a door handle. So yeah, he's been raised very well. Less I'm so happy for you. Thank you. It was about time because I hadn't been a relationship since well sorry, a serious relationship since before Love Island. Yeah, that was that's been like four years.
Speaker 4: In your heart launched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hard launched with the Instagram. I've never hard launched someone on my Instagram best line. It was the first one. I thought I was going to lose followers, but I did it.
Speaker 4: I was literally how did all the.
Speaker 2: No, everyone supported it so much support from it? He actually lost followers? Did He was.
Speaker 4: Like, is he in the public eye?
Speaker 2: No, he's got nine hundred followers, all of the girls.
Speaker 1: You're like, my bye, I love that.
Speaker 4: You gotta love that thought. I love that. Yeah, you'd be happy with that. Definitely happy.
Speaker 1: I'd be happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, you don't have.
Speaker 4: To make him call anyone doing it themselves.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call a few people. I was like, don't tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Just tell us about your first kiss.
Speaker 2: I was twelve. I went to it.
Speaker 3: Twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually I love that your first.
Speaker 3: I mean with him, but I actually kind of want to know about first kiss at twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really interesting. Tell me tell me about him. He's great. There No. My first kisses when I was twelve. I went to a really Christian school and we had like youth care on Friday afternoons and I had my first kiss. We ran behind the Oval bathrooms classic.
Speaker 4: Heck, had you worded it up before that? Meet me there? At this time, Sky were like, Sky, that's random?
Speaker 3: Yeah you again on twenty four Okay, yeah, I was like, yeah, I didn't have Sky.
Speaker 1: Did you have guys like we had as?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't even know what people listening is. Probably don't know what message is either.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like people listening know what MSN is.
Speaker 4: MSN you keep.
Speaker 2: Saying, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Explain it.
Speaker 4: It's a chat forum you got and you would have like a handle, so you'd have an at hot mail that's where hotmails came from. That was yours, so that was your login, and then then.
Speaker 3: It was like a little chat kind of off one and then you want to get the attention of the person you like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was like a full chat Facebook.
Speaker 4: A picture of Facebook Messenger, That's what it was like. But it was different, like you guys, Sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't know what that was, but yeah, we know about us face times.
Speaker 3: Face like it was a yeah, like cool, So he could see your face, you could see his face.
Speaker 2: Oh no, But how we organized it was just through like the chat.
Speaker 4: The chat.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 2: I was very serious.
Speaker 4: Now let's speak about what we were asking my boyfriend's first kiss.
Speaker 1: I've got a better one, the very first ever kiss. No, I love to hear it.
Speaker 2: Where do I start? So we actually kissed on the first date. Didn't do anything else, just throw that out there. Just kissed on the first date. He so he walked me back to my car and where his car was was on the other side of the road, and I was like, I'll just drive you there because it's raining.
Speaker 4: He didn't pick you up.
Speaker 2: I would not let him pick me up. I had on a hinge. So what if he was a serial killer.
Speaker 4: I don't know if the dating game for a while, I don't know.
Speaker 2: For two but if okay, you have to think from a girl's point of view.
Speaker 4: The date's bad, you need to get out of there, need to get.
Speaker 3: Out of it.
Speaker 1: What a blissful what a blissful life you've lived.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's been a while ages.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, he did offer, but I was like no to cow drive. So I drove him back to his car and then we were talking in the car, had our first kiss, and I it was a very memorable kiss for me. I don't know, I kind of felt like, you know the movies, Yeah, I love that's cringey. No, it doesn't not to me. That's such a hopeless romance. You can tell me everything.
Speaker 4: I agree, Like when I kiss tame him for the first time, it's fu. Do you know when you kiss so on like you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that was kind of what sealed the deal for me. I was like, I see this boy again because him himself, I actually thought he was too nice at first. I didn't like him at first. I'm like, I love my toxic man. I need some red flags. Yeah, I was like, I need Why isn't he jealous about what I'm wearing? Other guys staring at me?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: But so I thought he was too nice. That kiss really like sealed the deal for me. And the other thing is on our first day, I didn't get butterflies when I always got butterflies with like most of my axes and things like that, And I was like, Oh, shouldn't I be feeling like excited or anything? Like that. It wasn't until later I realized that I felt very at peace with them, Like I felt just calm.
Speaker 4: And love that that is that's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, that's yeah. I liked that feeling. I like how I feel around him.
Speaker 4: What did I always say that I wanted someone that how I feel. I wasn't focused on anything about them. I was more focused on how I make do you make me feel me? Tell people that, like on a first date, don't worry about how it's going, worry about yourself and how you feel a hundred percent that's the main thing, because if you're going to date him, you want to feel good when you're with them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and like that. Yeah, I one hundred percent agree. Our first day, like I said, I felt very calm and I just kind of like I just opened up to him about things that you know, people you don't usually tell until you're.
Speaker 4: Getting to believe trauma dumped on him.
Speaker 2: I didn't trumb dump.
Speaker 4: I showed him he wants his cast so he can get away.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: But like, I don't know, I just I was just cracking really bad dad jokes and things like that, and he just thought I was hilarious. Here we are.
Speaker 3: You're a bit of a self proclaimed geek. Is he a little bit geeky?
Speaker 2: Not really. He's the opposite of Messa. Yeah, like I'm a very he still loves movies, don't get me wrong, and we can talk about movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, he is your class.
Speaker 2: You know that sound that's like six five, finance eyes whatever. Yeah, he's he works in corporate. Okay, six five, he's six three. I want you to know, I dated a boy that was five seven and I'm five to ten.
Speaker 4: That's not even that's child, Oh my god, child.
Speaker 1: All the short kings are literally like coming for you. Be careful, be very careful.
Speaker 2: Sire is tall.
Speaker 1: My partner is six three, so high five five.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I can wear heels. I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course he's a rugby.
Speaker 2: Player, like well, plays rugby on the weekends.
Speaker 4: Like he's the tough guy.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, he's just your class, like Australian guy in here. Yeah, I'm the opposite end of it.
Speaker 1: So it's rare that I meet a girl that's the same height as me. I love meeting a tall girlie.
Speaker 3: I'm just like yeah, yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love being this tall. But one thing I have found, particularly with Gold Coast boys tall girls. Is not it? Really a lot of guys have an issue with Have you ever found this? A lot of guys have issues with tall girls.
Speaker 3: Only one of my ex's had an issue with it, and I think it was because he was a bit shorter, so I think it was like an insecurity of his Whereas I feel like if a guy is in their power and just like confident in themselves, then they don't have a problem with it. In fact, they're like, like, I really want a tall girl. You obviously are in a relationship now, Rachel, But I'm sure you have had some crazy people slide into your dms. Who's the craziest or who's the most memorable personal? Is there a memorable DM that you've had most recently?
Speaker 2: And this was It wasn't like flatatious or anything. He was just like inbiding me out, but it was I don't know if you guys have Did you guys grow up with Nickelodeon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know the show Victorious?
Speaker 2: Of course, you know the nerdy guy from the show, No Robbie. He was the guy with the curly hair. So he slided to my DMS. So which I thought was pretty cool. Yeah, because I was like, I grew up watching you as a child.
Speaker 4: How old would he be, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but he was, so he's now.
Speaker 1: Naturally And what did he say?
Speaker 2: He was like, oh, you should come out to Brisbane, Like, I'll put you on my guest list.
Speaker 1: Put my guests Dave.
Speaker 4: Who said romance was dead.
Speaker 1: Like, can I bring my boyfriend on your guest.
Speaker 2: At the time, it was like I need someone to come with me, but I did not not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: Wow, Now, what about because obviously your content is very geeky, it's.
Speaker 1: A Niche describe your content to our listeners.
Speaker 4: I kind of.
Speaker 2: Explained as like pop culture content because I talk about all things movies and comic books and gaming and all the rest.
Speaker 4: And you do cosplay. Is that correct word for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well I've kind of slowed down on it a lot, but yeah, that is the correct word.
Speaker 4: Cosplay. So you'll dress up as like some like you know, superheroes.
Speaker 3: Your transitions are out of control, you like like Rachel literally does the best transition. She goes from like I don't know what you start as, but then all of a sudden, you have like a lightsaber and I'm like, is it lightsaber?
Speaker 1: And that taught me that lightsaber For a long time, I know.
Speaker 3: Lightsaber and it's actually like, I'm going to post this on our Facebook page for everyone to see this TikTok.
Speaker 1: I just love it.
Speaker 2: It's so cool. I really appreciate it. I put a lot of for into those videos so good. I love transition videos. I think there's so much fun. And even that my light saber videos, some people are like, oh, they're so cringe when you actually I should have brought one, But when you actually hold these like giant glowing sticks, they're so cool.
Speaker 4: I have Skywalkers from a New Hope, the one that you have like a solid one and it light starpening makes hundred dollars or something.
Speaker 2: You got a near pixel one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't mean I'm not that geeky, but yeah I got a really expensive one.
Speaker 3: Guys are both movie but before they had a full conversation, and I swear to god, I understood like one part of it. Like they were talking about probably at least twenty movies all in the space of like two minutes, and then they said one and I was like, I've seen that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one rom come.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, we love Okay, let's as we've got you here in your self geek geek difference, you're not a.
Speaker 3: Nerd' they're more on nerd than so what's the difference?
Speaker 4: So your book smart, like.
Speaker 2: I think nerdy is smarty on one sudden topic though, like I think I'm nerdy about movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, does that makes sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think you're nerdy.
Speaker 4: About movies, nerdy about okay, and what's geeky loving all that sort of stuff?
Speaker 2: Like a geek is like someone who like comic.
Speaker 4: Book guy from the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like someone will literally fight you over like Batman versus he wins you're asking the wrong in the movie one.
Speaker 4: But I would, Well, we had this debate on the podcast, Harry Potter or Star Wars and you like both, don't you?
Speaker 2: I do like both, but I definitely have a favorite.
Speaker 1: Okay, Harry, Why I don't?
Speaker 4: I don't see it. I just don't.
Speaker 1: Harry Potter is so good.
Speaker 2: Harry Potter is phenomenal. Harry Potter collectively far superior than Star Wars start. However, Star Wars best film is better than Harry Potter's best film.
Speaker 4: There you go and what's your favorite one? Return of the Jedi, And that's my favorite as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's better than Harry Potter's best film.
Speaker 4: But I think, why do you not like the Empire strikes Back? This is probably not what our audience want to hear, but just curious. I ere strikes Back, you do, But why do you prefer the Return of the Jedi?
Speaker 2: I think Return of the Jedi just kind of like sum like how the story was told get perfectly told, and it summed everything up really well. My least favorite is from the prequels.
Speaker 4: To be honest with last Jed. It sucked. It was the worst film of all time.
Speaker 2: That's sequels. I think the sequels actually ruined Star Wars. But Fourth Awakens is good. I like Fourth Awakens.
Speaker 3: See this is this is what I was talking about before, guys, I was not following.
Speaker 4: And I was worried that maybe I wanted to be as well. Okay, but on that, but also.
Speaker 3: Just before we continue, favorite Harry Potter movie Prisoners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Good Wife, Yeah, Chamber's Secrets.
Speaker 2: Chamber of Secrets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you like?
Speaker 1: I still love.
Speaker 4: Don't Die.
Speaker 1: It's like it's the first one.
Speaker 3: It was the most magical because it was like the awakening of.
Speaker 4: Harry Potter watching kids throw around spous like. I don't think it's magic.
Speaker 2: It did not the universe like quite well in my opinion. But I think I think from third onwards, when they changed directors and it started getting more dark, there is one it really like peaked.
Speaker 4: Okay, fun fact, what we're gonna say, Well, we were talking about dms. You obviously have a lot of geeks following you to like, are you just like the queen of like Nerdville and heaps.
Speaker 2: I get a lot of messages, yeah, are queen? They're like yes, or mighty Queen. Well, the thing is there's other girls out there that are obviously heavy into cousplay and all that that I have much bigger following for me, I would say in Australia, I'm probably the biggest couse playing pop culture creator there is. But in the world like, yeah, yeah, this girl's past period.
Speaker 3: Do your following, so I'm assuming it's mainly male based. Do your followers every DM you and ask you to put on an outfit or to role play or like, does it get kind of a bit sexual?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gets it's Honestly, the reason why I've slowed down pretty much on that side of things was because it was getting to like harassment. Like really, obviously a lot of men have fantasies they want to outlive, but trying to do that through a random gal on the internet is not it. And yeah it was. I just it got too intense, and I would get the most horrific messages of like in depth detail of what these guys wanted to do to me in certain like suits and things like that, and I was like, I want nothing to do with this anymore.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, just out of curiosity, like, what's any suits that are.
Speaker 2: Like I okay. The main question I would get was always the slave Layer costume.
Speaker 4: That's the big Oh that's that's yeah, without sounding slazy or anything, Yeah, yeah, that's I grew up on that, my favorite film.
Speaker 2: That's the That's the main one. But then it was there's like certain characters that I haven't like dressed up as or anything that guys would be like do this, Like who is a catwoman? Second favorite? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sexy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, There's just there's like and then anime guys, Oh my god, anime guys are like crazy level different level, and there's a lot of like anime characters and girls that are obviously highly sexualized, and so they're like dress up as this, And I was like, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Could you do like an only fans of dressing up in like different animes?
Speaker 2: There is money in that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was thinking. And then it's not like naked or like whatever. Would you know?
Speaker 3: Okay, do you have any of your own fantasies from kind of like movies or anime.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not like I don't have this dream where I'm like I want a guy to wear a costume. Yeah, no, there's no dream of that of mine. But like, you can't tell me you didn't watch like the Rise of Skywalker with Kyler Ren and his helmet and you were like, I mean I would like sleep with a helmet on Adam.
Speaker 4: Like Kyla Ren, girls love Adam Driver as well. I don't see it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, screams are going to scream masks?
Speaker 2: Did you ever watch Scream? And you're like kind of jealous?
Speaker 1: I actually did it?
Speaker 2: Tell me?
Speaker 1: He was so what like the guy with the scream.
Speaker 4: Mask is like.
Speaker 3: Sleeping together is that the fantom Like the idea of it's kind of hot, Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean sure, like I'm open to anything.
Speaker 3: We have monogamy like not we like me and Michael have monogy.
Speaker 1: You and Tammy have anogamy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've always said I'm yeah, yeaheah.
Speaker 2: I mean, like the it's not something I would ever actually ask someone to do, but I think the idea of it is just.
Speaker 4: Hot, you know, to do it once or just the mask.
Speaker 2: I think just the mask, like a shirtless mask.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Opposite end of the spectrum, Has there ever been a guy who has had like a fantasy who you've been with or dating.
Speaker 2: I did get into it with one guy at a time and he was speaking how teas to.
Speaker 1: Me, what's her tea?
Speaker 2: So there's a character.
Speaker 3: Could just feel like, you guys have a different language, and I'm just trying to keep full different language a real language.
Speaker 2: So it's a language from Star Wars and Jabba the Hut is like this gross slug looking thing.
Speaker 4: We'll post it on the face.
Speaker 2: Obviously I didn't know what he was saying because I don't speak at these, but yeah, he was just speaking.
Speaker 4: Did you translate c three P wasn't translated.
Speaker 2: I know three you actually, but yeah, don't try.
Speaker 4: Murder me when it comes to you guys.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I just kind of let him do his thing.
Speaker 3: We are about to run out of time, but I have a couple of quick fire questions for you. If you had to pick your three favorite fandoms, what would they be?
Speaker 2: Harry Potter Marvel? He sounds so disappointed.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't. I was actually just signed, was literally signing, okay, and.
Speaker 2: This is this is a book one but passing accent okay. Yeah, yeah, Actually, I.
Speaker 4: Guess what movie is going to be your movie of twenty twenty four two?
Speaker 2: Easily? Like that movie is a masterpiece.
Speaker 4: I saw it three times, Yeah, in the cinema. It's unreal.
Speaker 2: I think Wicked's also going to be up there, Wicked with Ariander Grande, Yeah, based on the Wizard of Oz Yeah, and then Gladiated too.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be unreal. Yeah, me unreal.
Speaker 1: I need to put them on my list.
Speaker 2: I gotta watch.
Speaker 4: Is there a reboot or sequel you would like to see made? Honestly, they always miss anyway.
Speaker 2: I can't even think of a really good besides doing part two. I don't think of like a really good sequel. They're actually, this isn't something I asked for. Do you guys remember the movie sky High?
Speaker 4: Who's in it?
Speaker 2: Random people like absolutely, it's.
Speaker 4: The premise of it. I've probably seen it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a superhero movie. Butt them going to a superhero high school and they have to Okay, Well, then I can't relate to you.
Speaker 1: Guys. What exciting things do you have coming up?
Speaker 2: I've got a lot of exciting things actually, so I'm doing an interview. I can't speak too much about this, but I've got an interview coming up next week with a few cast members of a very big TV show, which was incredible to get. There's some more traveling coming up for me with yeah, with some cool brands and yeah, so just focusing on that. That's the end goal is to move into more media and interviewing and presenting.
Speaker 4: Is your goal to like go to Comic Con San Diego?
Speaker 2: That's not my ultimately, but you will go one day. I would love to go one day.
Speaker 4: I would love to go as well.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's huge and like intense, and I would love to just be around like minded people. Yeah, and that's when they do all their big announcements for new things coming out as well. So I would love to go to that.
Speaker 4: I've got some questions for you. Favorite Spider Man Tebby McGuire. Yeah, okay, I like Tom Holland.
Speaker 3: I was saying to Rachel before that I think she's going to end up in the movies. I just feel like you have that face or that look, or there's just something about you.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to just say it right here, right now.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're going to end up on a movie, and when you do, you have to come back to where's your head at?
Speaker 1: And I I told you.
Speaker 2: The directors going to watch this and be like he spoke to imagine if it star was No, that's crazy, So I would That's the ultimate dream. I would love to be an actress, but I like I said before, I would love to be the girl next door on a sitcom like what Penny was in The Big Bang Theory or Robin and How I'm At your Mother, How I'm At your Father?
Speaker 4: Sorry about your mother?
Speaker 2: Your mother? Yeah, I'm sorry. Im watching How I'm At your Father.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't recommend just for the sake of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'm watching How'm at Your Other?
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 4: I get a lot of topics that I bring in too, Like meetings, I'm like, this is what I spoke about this theory or they spoke about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of things. I learned a lot from that show, to be honest, a lot about dating from that show. I identify really as Ted Moseby, as a hopeless romantic someone that's like, there's always an best thing just around the corner. You just have to be hopeful. Yeah kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I would love to be an actress. Absolutely. I have gone some extra roles on huge Hollywood movies, but they're extra roles.
Speaker 1: It's time to step It's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's a place to do somewhere.
Speaker 2: Rights is the place to be to be on films. Like, they're filming so many things.
Speaker 4: So many things. Mark Wilburg's here at the moment filming that movie. I think they've got like something else is a Godzilla thing coming again a few years ago.
Speaker 2: But yeah, really that already came out.
Speaker 4: She went to school with was in it? Oh, really, I did drama class.
Speaker 2: I was so wrapped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was in it. I was likely drama class with her.
Speaker 2: What did she do?
Speaker 4: She was like the teacher like a split second.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was like.
Speaker 2: Running a podcast.
Speaker 1: Rachel, thank you so much for coming on. Where's your Head Out?
Speaker 3: We've absolutely loved having a loved hearing about all of you, all amazing stories. We're so excited to keep watching you seeing where you're going. I feel like you're going to be in a Hollywood movie very soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well you have been, but as a featured extra.
Speaker 4: In the sitcom, you'll get there. Put it on your vision board.
Speaker 2: It is on my vision board.
Speaker 4: Actually, what is it like a photo a penny?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's a photo like a girl on sat Cool.
Speaker 3: Love it, love it? No, you're you are going to do amazing things. We're so excited to keep watching and until next time, I se