Speaker 1: Appogiae Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the She Rises Podcast. I'm Ashy and I'm Tiana. This podcast is about female empowerment.
Speaker 3: And encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 2: We help you shed the shame, grow to a new level. We're gonna laugh, cry, and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 3: Get ready for your next level of self.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, Welcome back to She Rises with Ashy and Tiana.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: I think today's episode it's more on the heavier side. It's gonna be quite vulnerable and raw for us, and I also feel like it might ruffle a few feathers with our opinions.
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 2: Just remember these are our opinions and our experiences. You don't have to always agree with them. Just try and have an open mind, open heart. And we're also just not saying one raise the right way to go or the wrong way to go. Everyone's so different, everyone's journey is different. I just want to start the episode with that, before an occurrence or trigger trace has come out up. But today we're talking about anxiety, depression, panic attacks, anxiety attacks, all the things that we have experienced and our take on kind of how we've moved through them as we've both experienced all of that and more.
Speaker 3: I think what's important to note in this conversation as well is to one come in with an open mind, like what actually said, but also to know you can take and leave whatever either feels right for you or doesn't feel right for you. So if something doesn't resonate, leave it, that's so fine. If something resonates, take it and pass it on in a conversation or something like that. But just know that everything that is shared in here is not something that you need to take as like gospel. No, we're just sharing our opinions and sharing what we've been through, our experiences and what we believe is beneficial for us.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. And like, just because we have a certain opinion, we don't know your history, we don't know what you've been through, what your doctors advised. So this isn't us giving advice. This is literally our stories, our opinions, our lives. Yeah, so let's take it back. I'm thirty six years old. When I was around eighteen or nineteen is when my mom and stepdad officially got a divorce. And my mom had to change her name move away. He was threatening to kill us. I was recently with Steve. I felt so depressed all the time, like so sad all the time, anxiety attacks all the time. I didn't want to get out of bed. It was affecting my relationship, my friendships, like literally everything. I didn't love life. I didn't like life. I didn't I don't know. And I had two other girlfriends who I worked with who went and got depression and anxiety medication and they felt so much better. So I quite easily got pretty influenced. I remember going to the doctor and saying, I just feel so depressed all the time. I'm in a depressed state all the time. I can't seem to shake it. I don't want to get out of bed, I don't want to go to work. I have anxiety attacks all the time. I feel so out of control. Andy, straight away I was like, you have depression and you've got anxiety disorder. So we're going to put you on two lots of medication. And my friends with me and they were on it and they were like, yeah, I do it. You know, you feel so much better. I was like, okay, cool, I didn't think to do any research into it. I didn't get second opinions. I was just like, I fucking hate life, I don't like myself. Make a goal away. I can take these pills sweet easy, right. That's how black and white it was for me. I was on them for maybe about a year, and I felt so numb. I just couldn't feel anything. So I didn't feel better. I didn't feel worse, and I didn't feel as panicky and as depressed, but I definitely was far from happy. And I remember having a couple of sessions with a beautiful counselor called Moira, and I told her how numb I felt, and she explained her opinions and thoughts on them as well, and she never once said to me, don't go on them, but she said to do more research into how they can really like numb you out. Yeah, And I did a bit of research, and I just made the decision I wanted to come off them. I probably should have like winged myself off them. Yeah. So I came off them, and the panic attacks came back, the anxiety came back. I was back to feeling really really shit. But then I also did a tony robins Call. Also learned so much more about human psychology and started on this personal development journey, and I felt like I was making progress and getting to know who I was, and I kind of got myself out of it through the inner work that I'd done, but it wasn't over. The panic attacks continued on four years. I'm trying to remember the last one I had over five years ago, but I went through a couple of year period where they were so bad. I used to be on the floor physically pulling my hair out, scratching my whole body, screaming like like I could not breathe, and Steve would just like hold me to try and stop me from like calming myself and to try to get me to calm down. And sometimes I wanted him to hold me, and other times I would like resist and want to like not be touched, but he was so worried, like of me hurting myself, and I felt so out of control. And I didn't speak to anyone about this. I was so embarrassed because no one talks about having these big episodes. Yeah, it was a time where like the trolling was really bad online. I was just not coping with life and that's when I hired a life coach, and they really helped give me tools and strategies to help when I start to feel you can feel it coming on. You can feel the shortness of your breath, you can feel the sweating. You might get shaky, you can't think straight, You're so focused on these thoughts, it just literally consumed you. So they gave me tools and strategies so when I can start to feel those triggers and signs come on, that I can get a hold of them before they get a hold of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, continuing on over the last couple of years. Like I would say, I am far from an anxious person now, which is really cool to reflect back on. Takes me a lot to get anxious, and even if I get anxious thoughts, I'm very quick to like coach myself. You saw me the other day when something happened, put my phone down. I was like literally said to myself in my head, like you're safe, Tiger's not attacking you, You're okay. Like I had to like calm myself down. Doesn't mean that I wasn't right and I wasn't upset, but I have to coach myself. So if I don't, I can see myself spiraling.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the longer that I've worked on myself and I've got these tools and strategies that have proven to work for me, it's just gotten less and less and less. So it's really cool to be in a phase just where I'm at right now that I can take care of myself and not allow it to get that bad. And one thing that really struck me was when the doctor said to me, you have depression and you have an anxiety disorder. That became my identity. That's who I was. If you had asked who's actually, I'll be like, oh, I'm depressed at the moment and I have anxiety, so you probably won't want to hang out with me, and I would like isolate as well. That was who I was. Whereas now, if I ever feel I'm in a lower state, and I know everyone's situation is different, I definitely believe in depression and anxiety being a disorder for sure, But now that I've worked through all of that, I will say instead of saying I have anxiety or I feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack, I was like, I'm having anxious thoughts because I'm worried about the future now. I want to talk about that with whoever, or sit with myself, or just regulate myself so I can calm my nervous system and then see what I need to do. Yeah, you know, And if I ever feel myself getting depressed thoughts, it's because I'm going back in my past. Yeah, I'm thinking about what's happened, and I'm going back to my victim or I'm replaying situations in my head. And that's when I also book sessions with a coach too. If there's more things I need to talk about, I'll get it out and I'll work through it. So that's kind of been my journey with it. And it was really really hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that awful hard.
Speaker 2: So she would I felt like I had no one to talk about it with. I was so embarrassed, so embarrassed, and I remember telling one of my girlfriends and her reaction just shut me off even more. Not that she did anything wrong, but she was like, holy shit, she.
Speaker 1: Had a big reaction.
Speaker 2: It was a big reaction. It wasn't like I get it here for you. It was like, oh my god, you pull your hair. Yeah. I was like yeah, and like scratch myself. She's like, oh my god, I was wondering what these marks were in your arms from fuck, Okay, what do you do about those?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm never telling anyone ever.
Speaker 2: I was like, I am alone in this. I've never heard anyone talk about this, So I just have to hide this and be ashamed of it. And even Steve I was so embarrassed, and I felt so bad that he had to be there to witness all of that.
Speaker 1: That was awful.
Speaker 3: That was gonna be my next question. I was just about to say, how is it for you to be seen in that? By Steve?
Speaker 2: I mean now, in hindslight, I'm like, Wow, he has loved me at my absolute worst. He has seen me like no one has ever seen me before, my most roorst, most vulnerable, awful moments to reflect on, and he just held me in all of it, not once that he put me down or anything. He would always speak to me after about it and say, like, I get really worried and scared when you get like that. I hate seeing you do that to yourself. I would do anything for you not to do that. Yeah, if we would like be in a huge argument sometimes I would get like that, and I don't think that was nice for him either, because then it would distract what we actually needed to talk about. So then it would make him scared to bring up that topic again in case I got really worked up. I see yeah, And once he highlighted that, I was like, oh, yeah, I don't want to do that, because how is he ever going to feel safe to come to me and open up this conversation. He's just going to have to sweep everything in case I have an anxiety attack, And I was like, I don't want my relationship to be like that. So that was a really big wake up call and just more motivation for me to want to focus my nervous system regulation daily, not just when it gets bad, not when I'm getting my period, not when life gets hard. Day to day. I worry about how much water I drink, if I'm getting enough nutrients, if I'm taking my supplements. Where's my nervous system at, where's my battery at? Do I need to plug in? If I need to plug out from everyone? What do I need right now to keep myself in the best state to be able to handle and manage whatever I need to handle and manage because life's never going to be like this. It's always up and down. So so many learnings have come so far, but I would never go on medication again. Personally, for myself, I didn't find it helped me at all. It just numbed me. But short term and long term I don't think that benefited me. Yeah, Whereas I do know some people that need to be on it and are on it and it's made them feel a lot better and it stopped them having suicidal thoughts and they're able to live their life and be peaceful. And I'm like, awesome, Yeah that works for you. Great. So that's why we said it start. It's not a one size fits all. But for me personally, I didn't feel the medication that I was put on was good for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to ever numb out. I want to feel the depth of the pain because that represents how much I loved something or someone. You know, when I'm feeling something, it's because I care about it so much. If I'm numbed or don't give a shit about something, and I don't give a shit about it, but if I'm feeling it, because it shows how much I care and I'm a very caring person, you know, So I don't ever want to numb any of that out. I kind of welcome that in now because I feel like I can hold it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like we should just end the episode there, because fucking mic drop.
Speaker 2: No, I want to hear yours.
Speaker 1: No, everything you just said, you just had.
Speaker 3: I was thinking as you're talking, just towards the end, and I was like, fuck, I'm so sucked into like just.
Speaker 1: Hearing this story and your experience in that.
Speaker 2: I think I've shared that with you before, having this depth.
Speaker 3: No, we've spoken about panic attacks for sure. Yeah, that's really incredible.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's in the long journey. But I'm definitely proud to be at the other side, that's for sure. Yeah, and so stoked that I can show my kids how to manage life without it getting that bad. Yeah, you know your journey, tell me all about yours.
Speaker 3: Oh, my journey was more around the time where I had, like the sex tape happened. So when that kind of experience happened, it was like the first trigger of experiencing.
Speaker 1: Panic attacks for me.
Speaker 3: So in that time I was in a very low state mentally though, so I was not in a good way mentally. I was struggling. I had suicidal thoughts. I felt quite depressed. I think I labeled myself this is like high functioning anxiety or like high functioning depression. Like that's how I saw myself in that point, Yeah, because I was feeling all these things behind closed doors, but on the forefront, it looked like I was doing so much.
Speaker 2: You could still functioning, do everything you need to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was like my heart was aching and like my thoughts were eating away at me. And I just remember when that first happened and having an almost panic attack. It wasn't like a bull on panic attack, but it was like enough that like I couldn't regulate myself for a few hours. Like I was in that state of like I don't know what to do, and I don't know who to call, and I don't know who can help me. It was like when I just found out about the video being released, and I was sitting in the bottom of my shower and I was like just so overwhelmed emotionally, like I was crying and I was shaking, and like my whole body was responding, but I didn't know how to stop it, and it was just like that for like a literally like a couple of hours, and I was like, there's nothing that I know how to do or how to stop this because I'd never experienced it before. My nervous system was so dysregulated, my breath was so short, and I just I couldn't turn twenty one, didn't feel like I could turn twenty body, didn't have anybody necessarily to call to be like, hey, this is what's happening, because I was just like, this is something that like I should be shameful of, Like I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be experiencing this.
Speaker 3: And so after that, I kind of fell into party and drugs and that sort of stuff to cope, to cope, yeah, to like numb myself out, and to kind of get the confidence back that I had lost when I was sober. So through that experience, it was just me, you know, this care free version of myself came out when I was drinking. But then what the aftermath of that was more panic attacks. Was me coming down for two weeks at a time and just being in a fucking absolute mess of a state mentally in that place, and then that leading to panic attacks, and so it.
Speaker 1: Would become like more freaking.
Speaker 3: It was only like over a couple of month period when I was in like a really hectic party stage, it was.
Speaker 1: Like it would bring it on more.
Speaker 3: I remember every single time feeling like I couldn't share it with anybody because I was just I felt so isolated in it.
Speaker 2: Lonely, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I felt like no one could relate to what I was going through, so I didn't know how to explain how I was feeling and what it was doing to me and my mind, my nervous system. Like at the time, I didn't have the words. I didn't know how to describe that or explain that.
Speaker 2: Did you ever go on medication? Did your doctor ever say to no?
Speaker 3: So I didn't go on medication. But my family just have always kind of just been more natural, holistic side of things sort of things. So it wasn't really my first option. I had considered it at one point, but I just for me, I was like, no, it's just not an option. So I kind of just I got stuck in it for a while. I got stuck in my own mindset. I really felt like a victim in that point in my life as well, because I felt sorry for myself that I had to go through that experience, and then with the anxiety that had come from that of like social anxiety and not wanting to meet new people, and also yeah, just feeling like I'd gotten myself into this situation that I couldn't get myself out of. And I was just like, life is shit, you know, life is shit.
Speaker 1: This is not fun.
Speaker 3: I feel dull. I feel like a shell of a human of myself. And it was like the lights are on, but no one's home. It's like I'm knocking and no one's there. And that's how it felt. It was like an empty body. It felt like that for a little while. But yeah, so I think after that I really leant into training and walking. Think that's why health is such a huge part of my journey now, because it was a thing that really helped me get out of really hard times. And whilst I didn't choose at the time to go on medication, and that wasn't the route that I wanted to go down. The immediate thing that I wanted to do was like, go find a psychologist because I was like, well, it's clear to me, and it had been like six months or so or however, long, and I was like, it's clear to me that I can't get myself out of this and I don't have the tools and resources to know how. And I was like, but I know that I want more for myself. I recognize that right now, I feel really stuck and I feel stagnant and I feel like a victim. But I don't know what steps to take. I can't see not even the next step out of this. So it was like, I need someone with outside context who can kind of help pull me or at least guide me in the direction of like where to go. And I was so desperate for that, Like I was like, I don't fucking care who gives it to me. Just someone helped me, you know. And then I went to a psychologist. I just felt like judged and shamed and like what I was going through wasn't a big enough deal or problem because she'd probably dealt with people who are worse.
Speaker 1: Could have been a projection, yes, but that's how I left feeling.
Speaker 3: And then I just hired a life coach and I stayed with her for like three four years and never looked back. That was the trajectory of changing my life and what was really helpful for me was to do this self inquiry work, but also to not label myself. Like what you said about the identity thing, I would really cling on to things like that, so I'd be like, oh my god, I've got fucking high functioning anxiety or I've got depression, and then like I would run with that, yes you.
Speaker 2: Know, and then it limits you, hey, because you feel like you can't do anything because well, I've got depressions. How can I do that?
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I did. Yeah, I was like, well, I'm depressed because I just had X y Z happen. I'm not allowed to be happy. I'm not allowed to experience things. I'm not allowed to go after my dreams. I'm not allowed to do any of these things because someone with depression doesn't do that. Yes, as humans, we like to label ourselves, and not in a bad way, but.
Speaker 1: Because we like to feel like we belong.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So what I've seen, even as a coach myself, is that we will tend to label ourselves and put ourselves into categories because we go Well, at least I know I belong here and it feels certain.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: But what I've also noticed is that it can be unproductive as well, and so at least again for me in my own journey, it was unproductive for me to do that. So now what I teach for my clients is to not label themselves at all. Like, if they come in with labels, I'm like, that can be true, but we're not going to use the language. We're just going to cut the language out and we're going to focus on XYZ and then we'll see how we go in twelve weeks time. Yeah. Yeah. It was a lot of mindset reprogramming, nervous system regulation, reprogramming, the stories and beliefs that I had about myself of who I was and what I get to have, and a lot of transformation of how I really saw myself instead of like boxing myself into the way that I was behaving or how my nervous system was reacting to certain situations or even the thoughts that I was having in my mind that were damaging and taking myself down like a really bad path. It was retraining myself to behave in a different way, you know, to think different thoughts, to choose different behavior, to acknowledge the behavior that I was choosing, and go Okay, what didn't work here, what ended up with a negative result, what ended up with a negative consequence, what ended up with a positive one, and then categorizing those and going, Okay, this is the direction that I actually want to go in and implementing those behaviors whilst doing the mindset work on top of that, and also just being really fucking gentle with myself. Yeah, you know, so letting go of the part of me that punishes myself. I'm still guilty of that today, Like I still can clock the parts of a human Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to clock that.
Speaker 3: That's been a huge thing for me, especially with the sex tape, you know, and experience is similar to that. I've punished myself a lot for behaviors that I've done, which has kept me in that mental state. It's kept me in my own mental prison. Has it allowed me to get out, hasn't allowed me to think differently. So it's looking at the ways where I was keeping myself in that box because that I didn't want to be in, and going okay, how am I limiting myself from growing beyond this place, and then constantly just referring back to that, Okay, cool, what's not working, How am I limiting myself?
Speaker 1: What's not working? What can I do better?
Speaker 3: And just constantly reiterating that process. You know, when I look back at like the person I was at one point, I really didn't love who I was. I wasn't proud of myself. I didn't think I was a valuable, contributing member of society. Like there were so many things, you know, and so to go from that version of myself to who I am today, it's the wide contrast of a different version of myself, you know, and it does takes a lot of conscious effort to get there, but it's so rewarding. And no matter how stuck that you might feel that you are right now, there is always light at.
Speaker 1: The end of the time, you know.
Speaker 2: And whether you're on medication or not, or whether you're thinking about going on medication or not. This is for everyone that's feeling in a low state and going through stuff you cannot underest to make the power of taking care of your body. I know when I was like really sad and going through things, and people would say, oh my god, just make sure you're eating real val and you're moving your body and you're leaning on the people around you. It sounds just general advice, it's actually so important. If you're not fueling your body with the right nutrients. There's literally supplements to help support your nervous system as well, and putting your hand up asking for help. When I had suicidal thoughts, I had to say I need help otherwise I'm out. I'm tapping out. I can't do this anymore for me. There is no light in the end of the tunnel. This is not going to stop, this is not going to go away, and I cannot live my life like this. So I had to put my hand up and get a lot of help. It's also finding the right person to help you too, because I had a similar experience with psychologists when I first started getting a lot of hate online and I wasn't coping with that. I went to three different ones. Two of them didn't even know what snapchat was, so like, Oh, can't you just block and delete the comments? Oh? I was like, if it was that easy, I wouldn't be coming it right now, and I just walked away. After my hour that was ticked off, paid two hundred and sixty dollars or whatever. I was like, I got nothing out of that. Yeah, whereas I found for me personally, life coaches were just game changes. I felt like I was talking to a real person that wanted to get to know me. It wasn't you're out of here after your hour. We're gonna sit here until you need me, and we're going to go all of this. And they tell stories of their life and their experience, and I didn't feel alone. I felt like they got me. They related this past client had gone through something similar. I was like, oh my gosh, I fucking get it. Yeah, Okay, if I've got some of that understands where I'm at, they know how to help me. They can sort me through this. There's light And that first session I had just gave me that little glimmer of hope, yeah, that I needed to get through another day without ending my life. It was game changing.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So just yeah, don't underestimate the power of seeking help, finding the right person, taking care of your body, getting out in sunshine, surrounding yourself with the right people. Your environment is so important, so important.
Speaker 1: What you just said is so true as well.
Speaker 3: It just reminds me of my experience when I first reached out to a life coach. It's not always an easy decision to make. So it sounds all good and well for us to share these things, but we both in our own experience, have had to go through that moment of making that decision. And I remember being on a Discovery call with the first Life coach and she asked me what my top three roadblocks were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I basically gave her my whole life story.
Speaker 3: And then I remember getting off the call and being like, I just fucking told a random stranger and my whole fucking life. What if she tells everyone in the town. Because my fear of my lack of trust fathers was so in the forefront that I was so terrified that something was going to go wrong. But it was like, it's just being willing to push through the fear that your mind brings to you when you're trying to better yourself, because there's going to be resistance, there's going to be fear, But if you can see that, there will be a much greater purpose on the other side of you making this decision, and in your heart, you know you deserve more, You get to be more, There is more out there for you. You will be so much better off. So true yeah, and something as well like to at least for me when I went through that period. And this doesn't have to be true, this is just my opinion. I truly believe that sometimes depression is just stored energy. It's like the inability to process experiences that it stores and it stacks up and it comes out in that energy. I don't know if this all makes sense to some people. You guys might have a totally different opinion than me. But for me, when I was building up all of those emotions and I wasn't processing anything, I felt the most depressed that I'd ever felt because I felt stuck. I didn't know how to move the energy. I didn't know how to process the emotion. I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: How to feel what I was feeling.
Speaker 3: And then when I had tools and resources to be able to move that emotion and store trauma for my body.
Speaker 1: I felt like a feather. I felt so light.
Speaker 2: I felt like I've.
Speaker 3: Been carrying around a two ton bag of bricks on my back for the last six months. And then when I finally let that go, I was like, oh, I can breathe again.
Speaker 2: So cool. So I kind of agree in the sense I remember Tony Robins always refer back Tony Robins because you honestly changed my life with his courses. But I remember him explaining that with depression too, an anxiety and anything, it's the ability to be able to change your state. Yeah, if you can change your physical body and your physical state, it'll get you out of your head. And I remember one life coach told me when I started to feel anxious, to run my hands under cold water or get ice and put it on my wrist or on my forehead. And that's why cold plunging is really good for people with anxiety, because when you're in freezing cold water, or you're holding ice or putting your face in a bowl of ice, you're not thinking about what you're anxious.
Speaker 1: And that's so true.
Speaker 2: You are completely focused on how fucking cold you are, and you either breathe and get through it or you run away. That's normally what happens when you're in that state of panic. What do you do and how you show up? Me having a past of anxiety, getting in cold plunges, I panic and I want to get up and run. That is my work to be able to sit in the discomfort and learn how to breathe and know that I'm going to be okay. Yeah, but having a action that changes your state, like cold therapy is amazing for people that get really anxious, Oh so good. Even if I ever have depressed thoughts. Now I'm not depressed, but if I ever get myself a need depressed state, if I'm going through something really really heavy, there is lots of different things that change my state. And it's not numbing out. It's just changing my states that I can see a bit clearer or just pull myself out of the dark hole that I'm spiraling into. And sometimes it's putting something funny on the TV. Yes, sometimes it's being around a certain friend that just like changes my energy. It makes me see things from a different perspective. Maybe it's self pleasure. There's lots of different ways that can just change your state, get you out of your head, back in your body, back regulated, and now go, Okay, what's in front of me? What's true? What do I do with this? What do I want to do with this? I have so much choice and power within me. I'm not going to be a victim and go down that dark hole because guess what, I've done that and I fucking hated it and I nearly lost my life over it. So I'm not doing that again, and I do things differently. You know. It's really cool.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so true. It's so true. We should start doing cold plunges again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my gosh, what a beautiful way to kind of access that panicky feeling that comes up in you. But in a safe environment, yes, one undred percent. You know, it's like it's a controlled environment. You can get out and you want, but it's a way for you to bring that stuff always so that you can sue.
Speaker 2: That I needs to do it more often, but I kind of I think I avoid it because it's uncomfortable. But now I'm talking about it. Yeah, back to those cold plungers.
Speaker 1: This is a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: When I lived in Cronolla in Sydney, I went to an EMF that had a recovery center, so they had cold plungers, hot spas, all that sort of stuff. So I was going a couple of times a week and I was the most regulated.
Speaker 2: That I and Sauna too. Sauna was doing like bouncing between because heat can do the same thing once it gets to a certain temperature. I remember Katie Jay and I went to a retreat. We were in a sauna, a bunch of us, and once it got to like ten minutes, I was ready to hop out, and I remember someone else and there was like, no, No, when you're ready to hop out, you stay in five ten minutes longer, get really uncomfortable. Don't get out when it starts to feel uncomfortable. You get the benefits when it gets really uncomfortable, and to sit in that. That's how you calm yourself down. Is when things start to get hard, do you just run away? It's no, you sit there. So I stayed another ten minutes and it was really fucking hard.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Mentally it was like, oh, this is where the work comes in. So interesting.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like going to the gym. Yes, you know, it's like when it starts to hurt, you don't stop. You go another five Yes.
Speaker 2: That's right, you go to you can't do anymore. Oh that was such a powerful episode, I think, and like we said at the start, or repeat myself again, just because I feel like I need to take what you want from it. Yeah, our stories, our personal experiences. If you relate, amazing. If you don't, that's cool too if you learn something even better, if you take anything away from this, I think, just make sure you don't ever feel shameed for needing help and for not being okay. It's okay not to be okay. Yeah, but you don't have to suffer and live in that state forever. We're living proof you can get out of it.
Speaker 3: It's really important to acknowledge that how your feeling is true, because for as long as we gaslight ourselves whenever actually fully addressing the problem, we're just putting a band aid over a gushing wound and that will come up tenfold later. If you don't deal with it now, you'll have to deal with it later and it will be heavier, you know. So it's okay to sometimes admit that, yeah, you're not okay and that things aren't how you want them to be.
Speaker 1: But that's the first step.
Speaker 2: And if you're in our forum like this is what we want to create a safe place for women to come and bring anything and everything and get rid of all the shame and know that you're safe to be able to bring it in and you're being held and be supported through that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And at the end of the day, we're here to just normalize these kind of conversations and to normalize the scary things to talk about. Like we want to talk about the things that people don't normally talk about. So we just want you to know that it's safe to bring it in and that you don't have to be judging yourself or fearful or just in any kind of place of judgment on what you're experiencing and going through, and just knowing that we're stronger in numbers.
Speaker 2: I love that numbers thing because it kind of reminds me of like our next Devender are running, which by the way, is sold out.
Speaker 1: Ut we sold at in four days.
Speaker 2: Guys, craz so grateful. We had our Valentine's event not long ago and it was so beautiful. We sold it out for that one and literally had girls upset they missed out. We're like, make sure you're ready for the next one. We doubled the tickets more than doubled, so we have like, yeah, fifty amazing women coming for our next event, and this one is going to be a little bit more uncomfortable just to sit down dinner. We get to like have a hangout like the Galentines one. What was more depth than that, we had a guest speaker and whatever. But this one you're actually going to be doing some work and we're going to be taking you through some exercises that it's going to be a peling back the layers. But we can't wait to show you, likeck how fun and playful it gets to be. Yeah, and Tatiana and Stephanie are hosting. Oh yes, spicy bitches can't wait. Speaking of the Facebook forum, they get first access to the event. So if you missed out on our Galentines, if you're listening, you're probably missed out on our Mystery Masquerade. Yeah, get in the forum because for our next one, which will probably be probably June. Yeah, make sure you're there to get first access. So you can just search Sheet Rises on Facebook or we'll leave the link in our description box as well. Yeah, all right, see on Friday.
Speaker 1: Bye guys,