Speaker 1: Welcome to another edition of Code NRL podcast. I'm Alex, also known as NRL Soapbox. I'm joined by Dean Bulldog, Richie Mate and Fadema Kadou. We're going to get into tonight. In today's episode, it is going to be a spicy one. We've got some crazy results from the weekend. We're going to analyze where New South Wales are at and discuss the commentary around Laurie Daily. And there's also some killer matches coming up this week that we need to explore. So the big news from the weekend, Bulldog the Titans have won against the Panthers, an absolute upset this time. When Jaden Campbell's making that conversion, there's no trainer running in front of him. They've got some things in their favor. They seal the deal with Zane Harrison. The question is how to rate their performance and are they finally becoming a good site.
Speaker 2: Yes and no wishy washy start up. Okay you have to sit on the fence.
Speaker 3: Yes it was a great performance. No, they haven't become a great side. I did more than one win against an under strength Panthers side.
Speaker 2: To put a bit of trust in the Gold Coast every week. I'm sorry, I'm a long way short of that. Just now. Good luck to them. It was a great win.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the Panthers were without all their origin stars plus Casey McLean. So look, I thought the Panthers looked lost at times, quite pedestrian without Nathan there. But in terms of the Gold Coast, it was a terrific win and it's a building block for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: But there's a long way.
Speaker 3: To go before there anywhere near being a consistently elite.
Speaker 1: In a rule And do you feel like don't you feel like the defense is improved dramatically though they had some close results.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it it looks like their attitude defense is improved. That's what I sort of see when I look at a game. And Josh Hannah is a very good coach and it's going to take time. But we've said that about everych every coach came back to when they came in. God knows when we've had fifty eight rebrands and it's the same side. They've been rubbish, let's be honest, And it takes time to for a coach to rebuild the structure the environment, but it is going North. I've got no doubt about that, but there's a long way north to go. Sorry, they've traveled about Tensify.
Speaker 1: Still thinks you're rubbish. Sorry for Tima. How did you see it?
Speaker 4: They looked very good in their retro jerseys. Yeah they yeah, yeah, yeah and Captain Charger. So yeah, they've got stuff going for them in terms of that sort of things. But look, they're beginning to look like an improved team. I think the emergence of Zaane Harrison has been really important for.
Speaker 5: Them for such a long time.
Speaker 4: For years, like if you go back all the way to Ash Taylor, they've sort of had a trouble with finding that guy who's going to be there, you know, long term number seven. At one point it was Ash Taylor, it was Tanner Boyd, it was Toby Sexton, you know, all these guys who had talked about is the next big thing but never really came through for them. Zaane Harrison, I know he's only twenty and he's only played what six seven games now, but he does look like the real deal when their spine finally looks at all. I mean, we've seen what Keanu Kinney can do, Like he's just an absolute, you know, live wire when he's in that mood, good young forwards coming through Cooper Bye aramahou So yeah, I think they've got the building blocks of a really really.
Speaker 5: Good young team.
Speaker 1: So you reckon Zane Harrison's the half they need to stick with right now.
Speaker 4: He's showing all the fundamentals of a number seven and Jayden Campbell looks like he feels really comfortable in that number six role.
Speaker 1: Ye, so yeah, yeah, I think Zane Harrison's had incredible composure for a young guy coming in and when your ice games and if you're building when you're so new into your career and you're already getting clutch moments and finishing games, that's a very promising sign for a playmaker that they're actually going to be a clutch player. Pretty stoked for him.
Speaker 2: Stoked.
Speaker 1: He's also a new South Wales Blues fan. Hates the Queenslanders, so very happy about that. There are a couple of upsets over the weekend. So we have the Titans, which is the biggest one. I know the Panthers had some players out, but it's still a very impressive performance. Then we also had the Bulldogs taking on the Eagles and winning it, and then we almost had a very near upset with the Dragons and the Nights. We'll get to the Bulldogs in a second, but the Dragons finally started playing some footy bulldog what'd you make of that one? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought they were pretty unlucky, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the death, I think even Cole Flanning had the chance to ground the ball and he couldn't quite do it. Wasn't on Carle, of course, it was a difficult one for him to catch and put down.
Speaker 2: But there are some gentle signs coming through. I'm gonna feel sorry for Dean Young.
Speaker 1: It's the worst.
Speaker 5: Let's go through this gip by being very diplomatic.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get the fire out of you.
Speaker 2: Let's let's look at this way. Dean Young came in when the club needing, and he's a club legend, as was his father.
Speaker 3: But of course him coming into a side that's really struggling, it's going to impact on his ability to retain the job full time and the same roster is there. Should we judge Dean Young this year or on what he could potentially do next year with a much improved roster. Look, as much as they've improved. They nearly toppled the Knights. I get all that, but they still got beaten. And they've won one game this year, one game. So it's very hard to talk positive about the Dragons. I want to, but I just can't.
Speaker 5: I think I'm beginning to shift on this.
Speaker 4: Originally I thought, with you know, with a kind of roster overhaul day Ne and how badly they were going, and the fact that Dean Young was part of Shane Flanagan's coaching stuff, that maybe they needed to look completely, you know, they needed a fresh start, look elsewhere. But again, I know they've only won game, won one game. Who knows how many they'll win by the end of the year. But there has been enough improvement to think that whatever Dean Young's doing with that group, especially you know he's he's picking a lot of young guys looking at the future, particularly in the forward pack, enough improvement there to show that the players are responding to him. And he's even finally got a bit of effort out of our homes and we're.
Speaker 1: Going to touch.
Speaker 4: But you know, even he has also found a little bit of form, nowhere near his peak, But you know, the players are responding to whatever he's doing.
Speaker 1: But you can't. It's really crazy to assign a coach for potential. Oh, he's going to get this squad and they might start playing well. That would be a really risky decision to put a coach in when you're right, bulldog, he hasn't got the wins on the board. The thing is, though, the the Dragons beat the Knights on pretty much every stat line, everything, possession, completion rate, off floats. They were killing it, so they actually looked like they were playing great footage. But you've got to ic your moments, and I generally think that game was symptomatic of the Dragon season. You can put all this effort in, but they don't look like a team that believes that anything they do will affect the result.
Speaker 3: They're down on confidence. It must feel right now that everything they try it turns to you know what, Yes, and it is it has look next to you better times ahead. But I don't like clubs that look too far ahead. You've got to play for now. You've got your fans. Now, you're asking sponsors to sponsor, you're asking fans to play big bucks to turn up. You can't just go next year be better. It doesn't work that way now, not that simple. You've got to play for now, and Dean Young is desperately trying to get some results this year, but it's just not happening. And I feel sorry for Dina because he's putting the effort in. But again, I come back, it comes down to w's and l's.
Speaker 2: That's right, and then the W column is one one tick. It's not good enough.
Speaker 1: No, it's not good enough. Well, speaking of teams that are trying to play for now and try and redeem a season, Kennary Bulldogs got up against my beloved Manly Seagulls. I've never been more angry watching a game of footy in my life. I am furious over that result, and not just because Bulldogs fans hate my takes on their team and they were very much in my DM's bulldog, giving me a lot of grief. But they did play decent, They defended quite well. There were some amazing individual efforts from Bulldogs players, but there's a lot of question marks over that Bulldogs win. Fatima, How did you see well?
Speaker 5: I thought the move.
Speaker 4: Of Critter into the habs was interesting. We've seen in and you know, mid game zero sort of go to that when things aren't going well for them in attack, which has pretty much been or if we're honest. Yeah, look, they got the win, they got the winning golden point, they won three from four. Now they've got an easy ish run in the next month, so they have a chance to springboard their season. But I think moving Critter into five eight and then Burden out into the centers. I always said Burden might be a better center, and we saw, you know, he made a stack of runs. I pick nineteen runs on the weekend. Still papers over the issue that they have a massive halves conundrum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: And the thing is they keep you know, now they cycle Burden with Creator the rest of it. Lachlan Galvin is their best five eight, but they can't play him at five eight because they don't have a half.
Speaker 1: Back, right, So you think Galvin should be playing six, right, I do.
Speaker 4: But this thing, I actually agree with Gus Gould when he says he is their best seven at the moment, but he's also their best five eight.
Speaker 1: And this is where I definitely disagree with Phil Gould on this one. So firstly, I think Bulldogs Fens are pretty happy right now. That win covered a multitude of sins like that was a terrible attacking performance by the Bulldogs. It would blew my mind that Saldo has said Burton's our six, he's our five eight, this is our spine, this is the best one we've got. And then halfway through the season he moves Burton to center, which what everyone has been asking for. We've got to and then, and then, and then fans would have been like, okay, great, Galvin's going to go and play five eight. We're going to put Stephen Crichton into five eight. And once again you see that the Bulldog's attack is very pedestrian. They scored one try off a lucky kick and one try of Lachlan Galvin playing like a six which is a dummy and run to score. So that's all they were able to do with the abundance of possession that they had against a very depleted middle forward pack from Manly Bulldog. What do you make of their attack?
Speaker 2: It was a.
Speaker 3: Victory based on defense. I don't think it was based on attack. And all I thought they were very lucky. Let's be honest, Bulldogs fans would think, well, if Jamar Foggley kicks one goal of his two misses, both hit the post. I might add two missfield goals, but look, you you make your own luck, and good luck to the dogs. It was a much needed victory, but I didn't see much there to give me any confidence moving forward that this is a semi final side.
Speaker 2: They had a great win. Have a penrith what about eight weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Was that's the key swin.
Speaker 3: I have not seen one statement victory from a Cannaby side that suggested me this side is surging towards the finals. We've got the one of the best centers in the world. They've had to move into five eight. I'm still yet to be convinced crit is are ball playing six. Yeah, it worked and they'll probably sticked with it this week. Yeah, good luck to him, but there's still as you said for Teama quite rightly, there's still a lot of issues there. How many times is Cameron sirel though, and I don't blame Sero here because he's desperately trying to find the right combination to push him into those finals. But how many times this year has he tinkered with his spine? It seems to be every single week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's the thing, right when if you're going to make such a big change in your halves at this point of this season, it's just going to be Groundhong Day with everything that happened with Toby Sexton, which was probably around the same time, same time.
Speaker 5: This year, you know.
Speaker 4: So look, their attack is pedestrian, right, they're averaging less than eighteen points, I think it's seventeen seventeen and a half points per game. Only the Dragons have scored less tries than them this year, right, But their attack has been a problem for a couple of years and zero. You know, he's just trying to find something that works. But that tinkering is right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this tinkering started with Toby sex and I mind ed. Yeah, it's been rounds to go.
Speaker 2: We're coming up to about a year now, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put your cards on the table. Who should their spine? But you go first.
Speaker 3: I'd still go Look, I think Lachlan Galvin's are six. I think it's generally accept you. But in this case, I mean, I guess you have to look at Canby's point of view at some point and go, well, who is the seven? So look right here right now, going toward the finals, I'd still go cretter in the center's Burt at six, Galvin at seven. Well, I think we know Galvin is a six incoming years.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, what for you we're looking.
Speaker 4: For right now, not the future, the future, Okay, So I think Galvin should be playing at six, someone like Sean O's Sullivan at seven. They do have they do have a young kid called Alex Conti.
Speaker 5: He's a half back. He actually was named on the extended bench on the weekend. But he's also only twenty years old.
Speaker 4: So I don't know whether you do that to have two twenty year old sort of you know, carrying the season, and then I'd have tret out fullback.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: People don't like that idea. They're sort of like, you know, you don't use your Ferrari at fullback. But he's He's just.
Speaker 4: He could be so influential for them in the same way that Tommy Tobo is influential for many with him at full back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd go move Hayward to Locke. We're losing that ball playing ability that he has. Put whoever you want in a hooker, they'll do better, and then play Sean and Seldom for the experience in game management, Luckie Galvin because he's actually been their best player. He'll be great at six. Keep Connor Tracy at one because they need him for that defensive backbone. So we've sold all those problems for the Bulldogs are welcome.
Speaker 2: Zero.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about a couple of something I picked up recently in three losses over the past two rounds that is going to be incredibly detrimental to teams finals chances is the goalkicking. So let's just lay this down. Last week the Warriors lost to the Sharks because Adam Pompey missed a penalty kick on the siren, was absolutely kickable and missed it. They also stuffed up their field goal chance. This week, our Holmes is sitting a meter away from the right upright and misses it completely. And then for the manly game they actually as well scored, so the Dragon scored more tries than the Knights, the Eagle scored more tries than the Bulldogs. Jamal Fogg and he misses to Ruby and Garrett missus one. And then they botched two field goals attempts, So that's five opportunities where they didn't ice the game. Is goal kicking. Here's here's my here's my hypothesis, and you guys can wrestle with this. Do you need to have a clutch kicker in order to make the Grand Final?
Speaker 2: Well, you need a good goal kicker.
Speaker 1: Does I want him to be clutched?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Can you the moment you.
Speaker 2: Think all of them would be clutching? All of them practice?
Speaker 3: They should all be striking these days and around eighty eighty five percent that's the expected figure in the old days. That's so like an old fart if you're kicking about sixty five percent or a good goal kicker. Now, it's true the roof. But look, clutch kicking doesn't come down to practice. It comes down to pressure, and it's up to the person as to whether he can handle that pressure. And pressure does funny things to normally strong minded people. But look and answer your question, yes, clearly, I get just as frustrated around field goals and the inability of professional rugby league teams to position themselves for a match winning field goal. Yeah, they fumble and they bumble, and they go left, they go right.
Speaker 2: It's not that flame and hard.
Speaker 3: If you've got a right foot kicker, send a couple down the left edge and come back and stand.
Speaker 2: Back twenty minutes week.
Speaker 3: It was rather than standing up neither defensive fly and getting get charged down, it was a bumble of fault.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask you about that, Sophie.
Speaker 4: Then Manly set up in the late in the first stanza of Golden Point, what we what?
Speaker 1: I was dying. I was dying watching it. So clearly, So the criticism of Jamal Foggerty from Raiders fancies that he didn't It wasn't a clutch goalkicker in those key moments. Now that's unfair. It's probably accurate, but it's unfair in terms of well, everything else he brought you can't be you can't be everything. He's not Nathan Cleary. Okay, So he clearly though likes We've seen this before. I've seen him hit a couple of field goals for Manly. He likes to be twelve meters out in front and slam it through. And so that's what that's the Clearly the position he was trying to set up for the Bulldogs are the best charge down to him in the camp. They are so hungry and fast off the line to get to that player. You can't do that. You have to be you have to have the balls and bravado like Critter to drop all the way back and now all the attentions on you. You've really got to nail it. But at least you've got space in time. So I thought the same was with the Warriors as well. I think it was Tomorrow Martin where they watch their opportunity and you're right, the position, you're too close. You've got to be clutch. So on that, who would you want if you've got you've got one player to choose from in the competition. It's the Grand Final, it's sixteen all you've scored in the right hand corner. Who would you want kicking for that goal to win the goal?
Speaker 2: Or a field goal?
Speaker 1: A goal guy, and then we'll go field goal.
Speaker 2: Let me put him on the spot, all right.
Speaker 3: The best treaker in the competition, I've got no doubt is jermainus Zako.
Speaker 1: That's who I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he's hitting eighty five. Yeah, he's killing it. He's six and six.
Speaker 3: Again, I think out there at Campbelltown on the weekend. So if you're asking me for the best kicker, yeah, i'd go Jamaine.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then what about clutch for field goal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably Nay or Cherry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cherry doesn't many.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, I got to tell you again, as a Manly fan watching DC kick that field goal to go up by a point, it was almost like you were saying, see what you're missing, guys field goals.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And there's also that argument of like maybe teams need to get more strategic and when you're ahead by six or twelve, just get to get an extra point ahead so you Can's almost.
Speaker 2: They feel like it's a mental weakness to take the one point. Yeah, you've got to go for the try. It's a sign that you've surrendered by taking the point. It's bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if there's a point there and it's an important point, take it. Take the point a bit like man, I'm bit old fashion. If it's two points, take the two points. It's hard to try, man, it's hard to try. So it's easy to take the two.
Speaker 1: Pretty clear that if your team's not going to win the camp unless you've got a clutch goalkicker. Moving on from last weekend's results, let's go back even further into the past and talk about the abominable loss for the New South Wales Blues. The Maroons absolutely smashed them. There's been a lot of chat about Laurie daily about the selections, the bench rotations, but then individual players performances as well. So let's break down first if a teama, where did New South Wales go wrong on Wednesday night?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: That feels like such a big, loaded question because you know there were going into that game chats about how poor New South Wales have started in their last few games. I don't think we saw much of that. I think there was a lot of intensity that was high energy. But yeah, the bench rotations were a bit of a headstrap scratcher. You've got Adam Fanil Blake comes on. I think what plays eight minutes? You know, the decision not to start with with Cam Murray.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I don't know. It just it wasn't good. I mean.
Speaker 4: And then I think we said a couple of shows ago that Ethan Strange was going to be one of the hardest decisions now that Mitch Moses was available, because it was almost like a lose lose situation for Laurie. Now in hindsight, everyone's saying, well, oh, Mitch and Nathan didn't work.
Speaker 5: They're too similar.
Speaker 4: He should have stuck with Ethan Strange. But you know, if we'd lost with Ethan Strange, we'd be having the same discussion. So Laurie's in a top spot in terms of his selections as people left, right and center.
Speaker 5: This guy's got to come in.
Speaker 4: I'm always got to come back here, Liam Martin, Stephen Crichton, the trail Michol.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I don't know. It wasn't good.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like they actually knew south Well's performed fantastically for the first twenty minutes. It's like but it was almost like this. All the attention, energy and direction went into let's win the first twenty minutes, and then the game plan fell apart for the next sixty and Queensland just dominated us. There was so much criticism of those bench rotations, and I think rightfully so I could not fathom Adam fanol Blake getting on the field at that point in time. There was this is a time where you need to take advantage of a team's fatigue, and we chose power over pace and it obviously blew up in our face. You get a sim bin and then it's all over anyway, But the game was done. They had absolutely destroyed us. I feel for ca Toni Staggs, who put in probably his worst performance he's ever put in. Yeah, but it made me think that in New South Wales right now, they don't have faith in the game plan, they don't believe in what they what they're trying to achieve and they where's.
Speaker 2: This coming from? What are you basing that comment on?
Speaker 1: By the lack of performance?
Speaker 2: The second half was poor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and there's reasons and the first guy fair, go let's go through very quickly the bad points. I was like you, I was confused around the rotation. Okay, there was the Toni stag sindmon which did disrupt the bench. I didn't think we had enough bodies in motion.
Speaker 2: I didn't think we were played enough footy.
Speaker 3: I think we're just trying to get to our kicks, kick long and hope for the mistake. Queen's oun said stuff this, we're going to go rogue.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: We had Harry going down the short side and months of throwing pass over his head. It kicks across field, all sorts of things. They are exciting and we were left behind. There's no doubt about that. But in terms of selections, question marks too over Mitchell Moses, whether he should have played or not. But again, we don't know whether Mitchell Moses was fit. You think he was fit just because he didn't play well, It doesn't mean we should all jump the conclusion he shouldn't have plagued because he wasn't fit.
Speaker 2: We don't know that. So Laurie's got a few hard calls to make in.
Speaker 1: Terms of are you were biding at me saying they don't believe in the game plan? So you go on, Ham, well, what are you basing it? Because they played terribly and players no?
Speaker 2: Well then what are you basing on?
Speaker 1: But they could even if I spoke to them, do you think they're going to answer?
Speaker 2: Probably not believe in the game Probably not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what I'm saying is, I'm all for condemnation, I'm all for criticism, all for debate, and all for questioning Lorry.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a friend of Lorry's. I've always made that upfront, and I.
Speaker 3: Think some of the criticism has been justified, warranted, And if you have that opinion, I've got no problem whatsoever as long as it's measured, considered, and it's analytical. But the personal criticism is what's got to me. I see, it's been revolting. It's made me sick to the stomach. Some of the stuff I've read, it's unfair, it's unsettled, lorry, and I think it's and it's more social media.
Speaker 2: Let me point that out.
Speaker 3: Mainstream media is more analytical. But some of the stuff that I've read has been appalling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so let's and I'm a fan, so I'm not a journo. I'm coming from a different perspective and I am an online content creator. I am part of your enemy bulldog. So let me ask you this though, what for you, what is the line between legitimate criticism and personal attack, Because I've definitely come in defensive Laurie. At times I don't think his speeches are boring, for example, But other times I think there's legitimate question marks of what we don't know what he's doing, and it feels like genuine analysts and pundits don't know either. So what's the line.
Speaker 2: For you that the line of the saying, I guess is professional.
Speaker 3: Are we questioning his ability as a coach or are we questioning what he's done personally? And I think look it's a foggy line. There's no clear line that goes down the middle.
Speaker 2: It's in perfect a line. It's cloudy. But I just think that he gets it.
Speaker 3: Laurie's been in the media and been a coach for a long time as he was a player. He understands criticism. But I think some of the stuff that's been said written has been poor. But he gets it too. He understands it when you're lose by forty odd in Melbourne, you've got to suffer the consequences, and he is doing that right here.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you view it, Fatima?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I tend to agree.
Speaker 4: I mean, the reality is there's enough wrong there at the moment with the Blues where you could have completely legitimate criticisms, whether you know, like you said, with its selections, it's the game plan, the rotations, the you know, taking Critter into game one with the ac injury, not knowing how good or bad which will Moses hamstring was. So there's definitely there's enough there for the fans to criticize Lorrie without getting personal.
Speaker 3: You know what I want, you know what I want. I'd love Laurie and I've spoken to about this I'd love Laurie to come out before the game and really get on the front foot and say, I've had a gutful of the criticism. I've had a gutful of people coming at me. I've had a gutful of everyone telling me what to do. I'm gonna do it my way. I'll do it a strong way, and I want the boys right behind me. I want their support. I want them to win for themselves, to win, for the coach, to win, for the state. How about And I know this is probably living in fantasy land that New South Wales actually your night. Yeah, yeah, I know we don't do that. We pick ourselves apart in one game one and we still tore each other to streets. It would be nic And I know a couple of coaches have wrung me about this, saying, can we try to get behind the state. It doesn't happen. We don't do it in yourself wells yet we bad Queensland. But they do it up there. They'll have their say and they will be questioning their selections and then after two days they go right, this is our team. Let's get behind them. It would be nice if we could do that. All this doom and gloom feels like we've lost a series three nil.
Speaker 2: It's one one. We've earnt that right by winning in Sydney. Was it fortunate? It was? We all get that.
Speaker 3: But we still go up there with a chance and outside chance, it's a chance.
Speaker 1: But I think I think the criticism of Laurie is is and he has become partly a meme online because of his inability to clearly and effectively communicate to the media. So what a fan is supposed to do that. We're not in the inner sactum, so we're just looking at results, how the team is playing. A lot of people do think we're unbelievably fortunate to get away with that win, and I did think we played poorly and just got lucky.
Speaker 3: So, but Laurie doesn't have to communicate to the media. Well, Laury has to do what he has to do to the media. He's going to communicate to the place, that's.
Speaker 2: His main role. He doesn't have to get.
Speaker 3: Up there and communicate to us with any analytical conversations.
Speaker 2: That's for the players.
Speaker 3: How he handles the media is up to him. I think Billy does it very well. That's not a criticism of Laurie. I think Billy every conversation Billy has, he every sentence Billy says has a meaning to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find Billy does a very good job. He does.
Speaker 1: But that's what you see. You've gone. You've said like he doesn't need to worry about the media, but Billy handles the media different.
Speaker 2: It's also for courses. Just because Billy doesn't doesn't mean Lurry's.
Speaker 1: Someone needs to. If we want New South Wales fans to get behind our coach, someone needs to have that clary and call that striking vision to unify this. So what do you want him to say something? Well, what do you want him to say? What do you mean? It's so many things. Hey, sorry, we got it wrong. These tactics aren't working. We have met together and we've taken respect with a very big honesty sessions. I'm taking responsibility. I'm sorry. Here's my vision, here's my vision. But he doesn't have to tell you that. I know he doesn't have to. But if you're saying we want to get the fans around Laurie daily, we need a visible.
Speaker 3: We should support them because we're born in yourself, well, not because the coach might't tell us.
Speaker 1: But if you support doesn't it out works. So you're saying that I just need to be fully positive about everything Laurie's doing.
Speaker 2: Not fully positive.
Speaker 3: I said quite clearly early on that there should be condemnation when it's necessary, and there should be criticism. But I think it's up to each individual. What is wayn Bennett give you nothing jack shit every week. But he's one of the greatest coach too, because he's got results. Look at des has That's why. Yeah, I'm just saying that each individual coach has an individual way of going about how their approached the media, what they want to let out of the bag, and what they tell their players.
Speaker 1: Yeah well, yeah, okay, Bulldog and I am not going to agree on this one, and I'm not going to agree with Laurie's coaching record. I think it's unfortunate for low because he's clearly from all reports, an incredibly likable bloke. I've been a great servant to New South Wales as a performer, but fans are getting frustrated with his coaching and the lack of results. That being said, Bulldog, there is still Game three. We could turn it around. My confidence levels are low, but maybe You're right, maybe I need to be more like a Queenslander. Okay, I'm going to get out of this this chat. Four bulldog punches, all right, out of origin. We look to the weak ahead and there are two really really exciting games coming on this weekend. We have the Battle of brook Far. We've got the Manly Seagulls versus the Melbourne Storm and then we're also going to look at the Dolphins and the Warriors, which is shaping up to be a decider of who could end up in second place with both teams in red hot form. Battle of Brookie Bulldog. What do you love about it?
Speaker 2: I love the memories.
Speaker 3: I can remember that day, so all those years ago when rugby league was rugby.
Speaker 2: League and men were men and we didn't have six A games Bunkers.
Speaker 3: The glory brings a tear to a lass I seriously, but it should be a great game. Look, obviously, the Forsball resurgence just took a minusetack just a pothole.
Speaker 2: On the weekend. Melbourne have now won three straight.
Speaker 1: I think they're like five from six or something.
Speaker 3: I still don't think they can get to, okay, the top four or Grand Final. It this season may end up being a limp into the finals. That reminds me a bit of last year. Use up a lot of juice draw to get back into the competition after a pause. But they got there, the Panthers, and in the end albit they got to a premium. They fell just short because I think they'll just add a fuel. So look, if they can make the finals and they do run hot with Munster Brant so far longer than that far of course your own hughes. If they run hot, they can beat anybody. But at the moment, I think they'll fall just short. Yeah, okay, yeah, And so who you're picking for the weekend do you think I think many will get him at Brookvale? And that other game you talk about Dolphins Warriors terrific game.
Speaker 2: Dolphins are now in a second people favorite.
Speaker 3: And then I who have thought that I always called them a smoky I don't think they were smoking anymore. I think they were general contenders, Yeah, genuine premiership chances. I got so much speed. They without all their guns on the weekend too, and they still beat the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Sophie, you've got me on the hoppy. Where's that game being played?
Speaker 5: That game.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll still go the Warriors. You know why.
Speaker 3: They've got a bit of grin of had a missyear the Warriors, which I haven't had years gone by. They was had a bit of flair. But I think the Grits getting him home and I think they'll get the cash up there for team.
Speaker 1: Are your thoughts my thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you let's go Dolphins Warriors dodge teams? He thinks in more better chance of who think's going to finish higher on the ladder?
Speaker 5: Are those two a couple of weeks ago when we said the Warriors?
Speaker 4: But now so obviously they lost turn of Boid the season Jackson Ford. They're waiting to see just how bad that Peck injuries is. He's been the best, most consistent forward all year. He's going to be a massive loss for them if he has ruptured that Peck muscle.
Speaker 5: I really like the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: They're just such a joyful, fun team to watch. They remind me of my team camera from last year. So yeah, I was going into the final series thinking if camebra are going to me sitting.
Speaker 5: At sixteenth they look like they are. The Warriors were going to be my team.
Speaker 4: But I think I might jump on the Finns band, you know, and you think about, you know, the win on the weekend it came they were heavily undermanned without their origin stars, and then Izy Katola is a late emission. The way Cody nick Garima is playing, you know, he's close to the career best form for him, a lot of players at career best form, and there's just there're a feel good story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And well, the thing about the Dolphins is I've looked at their injury list and there's almost nobody out. They're facing the next ten games with none of their men out, which means they've already in roaring hot form and they've got all their players available. I generally think whoever wins this game is going to end up being second place in the competition. And I think the Warriors have a steeper hill to climb because losing just through the injuries that they've had, the acls Metcalf hasn't got back into the team and found form. Yet they're lacking that clutch playmaker that they need. For that they need to capitalize on all their forwards hard work. So I actually, generally I think the Warriors are still a great team, they're going to finish top four. I think Dolphins are absolutely going to smash them up there. I think they're just ready to go and that the Dolphins end up finishing second and just on the Battle of Brookvale. How could I forget Manly are absolutely going to smoke the storm. Not just because I've got a really really hate Albourne and I love Manly, but the boys are informed. They always get up for this game. I know Melbourne are on a good streak, but it's going to be Manly by thirteen plus.
Speaker 2: Really, what can you get for nineteen bucks these days? Or can you get about four coffees?
Speaker 6: Although I know you're like a sword, so probably only three for you because they charge a bit more for the fancy stuff.
Speaker 7: Now it is well right now for twelve months, you can get twelve months of Code Sports for nineteen dollars. That's exclusive analysis, breaking news, deeper club dives and coverage across the NRL, the AFL, Cricket, netple and more, plus Super Coach.
Speaker 2: Plus you know what else you get, Mick, you get you and me. That's a special.
Speaker 6: Bonus for that nineteen dollars for twelve months, but getting quick because the deal ends on June thirty.
Speaker 2: My birthday.
Speaker 6: Oh, I get you some cripture of your birthday. Just go to Code sports dot com dot au to subscribe.