Speaker 1: We got get you every morning, every day, Adelaides.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting time of the year when it comes to traffic.
Speaker 3: Congestion, absolute nightmare as we speak. And I'm sure there are plenty of motor of sitting in the traffic right now just nodding along in agreement. But we took a call last week and it was from a woman who was saying that she commutes a very, very long way and it was quite unheard of for a little old Adelaide, South Australia, because how long does it take you to get to work.
Speaker 2: Four o'clock in the morning. It takes literally nine minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get the right time as well. But even leaving work, yeah, you get from here and even to heinh Marsh, if I get a good run, it takes like three or four minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, we're so very lucky, just not at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very congested at the moment. This is Jasmine from Christie's Peach This.
Speaker 4: Morning is Jasmine from Christie's speech. Good morning, Jasmine, good morning. You off to work today?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Whereabouts your work?
Speaker 1: I'm more than late.
Speaker 2: Nice, that's quite a drive. Christy's how long.
Speaker 4: Does that taken?
Speaker 2: About an hour? Oh goodness, got an hour? About an hour compared to what it was maybe ten to fifteen years ago. That's some solid stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just wonder like people would be easily sitting in the car for an hour at the moment. But what's your regular normal commute to work? So we have a family member who lives at in Middleton, so she will jump in a car, drive to Seacliff, jump on the train, train it from Seacliff into the city, jump off the train onto a bus from the city to North Catalade every single day.
Speaker 2: What times you to work? About four point thirty.
Speaker 4: Per believable route. Let's do this. Let's find Adelaide's longest commute, shall we?
Speaker 2: Marie?
Speaker 5: Morning to you, morning guys. How are you?
Speaker 4: We're good? Marie? What was your commute?
Speaker 5: Well? I was commuting from Flagstaff Hill all the way to Port Adelaide and having to do two different school drop offs along the way, so it depending on traffic, there was an accident or roadwork, anywhere from an hour and fifteen to an hour and a half, usually longer. You know, Happy Hill Road isn't great, So and I tried every shortcut you could think of, and yeah, on the way home would be forty five minutes to an hour every day.
Speaker 2: You never tried one seventy and fifty did you? There? That's a lee shutely.
Speaker 3: But did you ever just instead of stopping a car to slow down and go kids drop and roll.
Speaker 4: Just get out?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, definitely, No, it was you know, like sometimes driving home, I've been tears. It's like, oh, myst I just want to get home, you know, it's a long day.
Speaker 3: Not anymore though, Right.
Speaker 5: Well, you're asking on the wrong morning. I've left home at seven thirty and I'm still in the car. But that's unusual because of the roadworks almostly, now do.
Speaker 2: You sometimes on your commute to school, when you're listening and over, you're like, wow, it's been an hour and a half, but it feels like five minutes because it had such fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I have to say, you guys are awesome. I love it. It definitely makes it easier.
Speaker 4: So yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I thought that was going to go on a severely different Areasa.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for Marie absolutely fishing for compliments there and yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Marie. So Marie has set the target at let's call it an hour and a half, okay, an now and fifteen to an hour and a half, yeah, let's call it an hour and a half. Who can beat that.
Speaker 4: Nightmare on the roads at the moment.
Speaker 3: So we are taking your calls on thirteen twenty four tenth this morning.
Speaker 4: Your longest commute. I know, we get it.
Speaker 3: At the moment, everything feels longer, but god, people are doing some hours on the road. Ordinarily, let's go to Sue. That's already an hour and fifteen away from Adelaide, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I drive into the city myself an hour and fifteen.
Speaker 6: But how he drives from Stress to Edinburgh and a half two hours?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Edinburgh and Scotland. Sorry sir, so how much time is that then?
Speaker 5: Hour and a half to two depends on traffic.
Speaker 2: Could be two hours? What two hours?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: So four hours total? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Wow? In the carriage and every day that's a lot. Thank you so much, Sue, Rachel, good morning, good morning to you. This is your hobby.
Speaker 4: What's he doing?
Speaker 1: So we've got a flooring company, so he has to go look at port, he has to go out to dry Creek to Pi cup Stock right, and then the work's back at Port Lung tomorrow the work's back down at Highmush Island. So he goes from Portlallunger out to Dry Creek and then down time Marsh Island.
Speaker 4: How long in total, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He leaves it like quarter to six. You won't get back till about eight thirty.
Speaker 3: If it's any consolation driving around that is a beautiful part of the world.
Speaker 1: It is, Yeah, absolutely, it is some so far, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 3: For Elisa from Sterling, good morning, Good morning, Okay, describe your morning for us.
Speaker 6: Mine's a little bit different. I actually live right next door to my work, but in the more brilliant But in the morning I get in my car with my daughter and I drive her an hour to Stalisbury for school and then an hour back, and then I walk across the road to my wife.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it would sometimes what about if your daughter's running, lady, you guys running that because of your daughter, It would be really hard not to get just a little bit angry at her. Just for the inconvenience factor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I can kind of start when I need to, so that doesn't matter. But yes, there's been times where it's been a right, we need to get out the door. And then in the afternoon I walk back to my car across from my work and then I get back in drive down and then drive back and pick her.
Speaker 1: Up as well.
Speaker 3: Listen, my question is how come if you live in Sterling your daughter goes to school in Salisbury.
Speaker 6: Well, we moved to Sterling for my work in April and she's in year ten and that she has a fantastic friend group and is doing really well, and we just didn't want to disturb that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: OK, that's cool, mama, Lisa, Yeah, thank you. Yeah, some really really solid commutes. Remember produce a flag you were telling us that used to be that was Adelaide's reputation. Twenty minutes anywhere. Yeah, and you'll find yourself one side to the other. That is complete blogy. Everytime someone comes to Adelaide and they're like, I really love this place, like friends of mine, I'm like, yeah, mate, it's twenty minute city. I don't know why I still say that, because it's not Yes, and I reckon there was an eye opener even for me. The other day. It was like Sunday afternoon and traffic was completely congested in the middle of South Road. Yeah, where's everyone going? It was?
Speaker 3: It busy like you could be any time of any day. Traffic will always be congested on South Road.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. Lint chocolate balls. We all love them and we've all probably at some stage in our life received them as a Christmas gift.
Speaker 4: Question without notice? What flavor? What color do you like?
Speaker 1: Dn?
Speaker 4: You can't go past the white.
Speaker 2: Balls, the white balls. I like the red balls.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, I mean the color of the chocolate, not.
Speaker 5: The ugh.
Speaker 2: We're talking. You like the white ones. It is sickly sweet.
Speaker 4: I love white chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like the stocks. Then milk chocolate ones, which I think are the red ones. Okay, but there's also the ones mixed with hazelu. They're pretty nice as well.
Speaker 4: Do you feel dad when you get the dark chocolate? No, one likes dark chocolate.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Don't be that person gifts on dark chocolate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I feel.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're a teacher and you've ever taught one day in your life at Christmas time, you will get in undated with link.
Speaker 4: Balls because that's the fancy chocolate. Back in the day.
Speaker 3: It used to be the cabri roses, not so much anymore. Lint ball.
Speaker 2: Why do we think that teachers love limp balls?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Four ten and you're a teacher, do you hate limp balls?
Speaker 2: Teacher has just been linted, balled up to your eyeballs and you're like, I've had enough. So some of their words in their slogan is excellence and expertly crafted. Sure, so keep that in mind. There's a class action lawsuit against lint. It was launched following an article by the US Consumer Association reporting that questioned the presence of lead and cadmium in dark chocolate bars from several manufacturers. What's cadmium. It's like a silver, silvery metal. Okay, it shouldn't be ingested.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't mean the lint balls.
Speaker 2: So this report found that of the twenty eight bars tested, eight had high levels of cadmium, including one from lint, and another ten bars containing lead, including a lint bar, so while other bars had high concentrations of head metals. The class action plaintiffs argued that they paid premium prices for lint because they believe they were purchasing quality safe dark chocolate. So the plaintiffs argued that Lint deceptively marked their dark chocolate bars as expertly crafted with the finest ingredients and safe as well as delightful, when the bars in fact contained significant amounts of.
Speaker 3: Still, I'm thinking of the ads now, and it's always just that one guy with the big white hat, you know, making all the jobs book and he hand rolls them every single lin ball. He doesn't by.
Speaker 2: Hand joby does. Unfortunately he uses lead and cadmium. What about this? Though, Lynce lawyers argued that words like excellence and expertly crafted are unactionable puffrey or an exaggeration that consumers would not take seriously.
Speaker 3: Suffrey is such a good word, isn't it. Look at that man's audacity and his puffery.
Speaker 2: So the Eastern District of New York District Court dismissed Lyn's motions, saying, well, you're not supposed to take it seriously. We're not actually experts, and it's really not that well crafted.
Speaker 4: It's not really a real white hat chef's hat.
Speaker 2: We're just exaggerating. But you know what, I'm pretty comfortable with it, okay, because sometimes you just got to sell the sizzle, don't you? Yeah, and maybe you do exaggerate, just ever so slightly unrelated though, Joe's. We've just released our latest promo, Starn Your Day, with two radio experts who are all always funny and always completely up to date with what you need to know.
Speaker 3: I did not know that Tate McRae was the Kiddler, always.
Speaker 2: Girlfriend, a duo that has never made a mistake or mispronounced a single word.
Speaker 4: Don't mitcham an impulse? Are all brands are?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: It is consistently completely aware of what is happening in that morning show. You can score yourself a thousand bucks, just like our boy Danny did this morning.
Speaker 3: Well done to Danny from Monovara West.
Speaker 4: You want a thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: I meant our girl radio excellence, expertly crafted on no night, hazy weekday mornings from six on Where to Go. I would say a little bit of exaggeration. It's completely fine in our.
Speaker 4: Books, I would say that was a lot of puffery.
Speaker 2: Past limpballs.
Speaker 3: What about that Rosalind Park couple who came home from work to find a koala in their bedroom?
Speaker 2: Love this story? This is so It's so Australian.
Speaker 3: So quintessentially Ossie, isn't it So? Friand and Bruno came home just after midnight from work and found a koala just sort of ruffling through her bedside table.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine that?
Speaker 2: Dead said he was wearing a bell oft clover. He was carrying a sack as well, just.
Speaker 4: Looking for grandma's jewelry.
Speaker 3: So we caught up with Friend and Bruno yesterday and they recounted the moment that they came home and found a very little koala in their bedroom.
Speaker 7: I opened the door and I didn't sell my dog, so I thought this was a little bit odd because he always welcome us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you come home.
Speaker 7: I was looking for him and I comes from my walk away and I saw him is sleeping in his bed in my bedroom and I said, oh, your lace dog, you're there. And the kitchen makes some food and I was come back to my bedroom when I saw the caller grabbing my dog's bad and I put, oh my god, Brono, there is a call in your bedroom. And he said, oh, no, you'll lie, that's not possible.
Speaker 5: And I told him come to sit by yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh friend. The thing I love the most is the koala looks back and it looks back at you guys, as if to say, oh, you're home.
Speaker 3: She was like Lady White, a scrimming well and so had you ever really seen koalas before?
Speaker 7: But never in my backyard for example, and definitely not my bedroom.
Speaker 2: No you go, this is this is how stereotypes are born in Australia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it came in through the doggy door, found its way in.
Speaker 3: Oh. We went for a walk on the Cleveland National Park the other day. I dragged my teenager out of the house. You're going for a walk and it was pretty damn bland until we saw two massive koalas, just like cruising around eating eucalyptus in a tree, but that big units.
Speaker 2: Oh they're big boys. And you get them on the wrong day and you just go out to shake your hand, they will potentially take a clam off, bang, quick swift movement. You lost your hand.
Speaker 3: Gwala's the equal parts like so cute and so fluffy and gorgeous.
Speaker 4: But also terrifying.
Speaker 2: Moody Moody's. We would often I reckon it's happen about two or three times.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We found a rat in the bed and talking about myself. What do you mean our cat? Houston will go through this phase. He's a bit older now, so I think his rat catching days are done right in the prime.
Speaker 4: Stop and say a prayer for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's prime. When he was very, very generous because he was trying to give skifts, he'd bring back rats and several times he will bring back a rat that wasn't quite dead, so he'd wake up or he'd come back and there's a rat in the bed that is genuinely alive.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: It's very confronting one.
Speaker 4: Yes, no wonder you call Houston a d head regular.
Speaker 2: And then he'd leave us rat in the bed and literally strut out, look back over his shoulder and go, you're welcome, sweaty.
Speaker 3: I need you to confirm or deny something for me. Was there an occasion where you single handedly nearly shut down the entire race?
Speaker 2: I don't know about shut down the entire race, but I certainly are I certainly unfortunately caused quite a few admin errors because you know me, Jodes, I'm not quite a wizy when it comes to computatory.
Speaker 4: You just called it computer tree. You were it?
Speaker 2: Who is actually good at computatory these days, not it people. Oh so we had to. We got asked about a week ago if you needed a pass for the bailo Adelaide five hundred, if you need accreditation to pop three details, very very extensive little thing through to the administration via computer tree, and I put through all of my details. Everything seemed pretty smooth, and then all of a sudden I got an email back and they're lovely to the stuff at Adelaide five hundred. All the media staff saying, oh, look there's been a bit of an error here and it's actually was our system to melt down. You put in all your details, and then in the question where it said how many accreditations would you like, you said a thousand. It was a lovely lady by the name of Sammy McGlaughlin and she said, so, I'm guessing you don't need a thousand passes. I got a lot of friends. We're not that many friends who diggers to the five hundred standing get me a thousand passes? Thanks? So I said no, no, do you know what, I'll just take the one that's fine.
Speaker 3: And also something aware that you actually, never ever, ever ever go to anything that you say you're going to go to anyway, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: You don't even need one.
Speaker 2: There's a thousand spare seats.