Speaker 1: Mitch Moses. Welcome, mate. How you doing? Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Very good, very good.
Speaker 1: Jeez, the boys played well yesterday?
Speaker 2: They were well, they were well.
Speaker 3: We wanted to put in an 80-minute performance yesterday and it felt like we did that. I thought our forwards were outstanding and our back five really laid a good platform for us to be able to play.
Speaker 4: I think they must be just trying to get some actual decent, talented rugby league minds on this show because you and I have been doing this for a while. I don't think so, not at all. Now Mitch. Is there writing on the wall for you and I?
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing when I was watching Super Saturday.
Speaker 4: LAUGHTER yesterday Mitch don't give away too many trade secrets but a little bit of the game plan because you just never let the Sharks off the canvas at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah we wanted to start fast I think they really pride themselves on starting fast and we wanted to come out of the blocks and fly at them and I felt like we did that straight away and yeah we thought there was a bit of we could get a bit of joy in an area and they're three man there so we wanted to do that as much as possible really lay there and and play back through their middle.
Speaker 2: And I felt like we did that yesterday.
Speaker 4: And do you enjoy the, the responsibility or having to be the senior ball player, having inexperienced spine members? Like, do you enjoy having to be the guy that gels everyone together, puts a game plan on and tells everyone where to be?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like early in my career, I struggled a lot with that, taking control enough. And as I've got a bit older, I feel like I'm, I'm at a stage now where I can, I can do that and feel really confident in getting the boys around the park and, allowing Ronnie to be able to play the footy that he's playing and really create for us and me just get the boys around the park, kick well and finish ourselves.
Speaker 4: You should take a lot of credit for the Volkman performance because part of a senior playmaker is to create space for others. And there was a play yesterday. You guys drifted across the field, like turning back in some back rows at different stages. A lot of teams are doing this play where you drift across the field and the Sharks defense just come in, and take advantage of it and really hit Jack Williams and lose a ball. But the key part to this is not the actual play. It's actually the conversation you have with Twiddle afterwards. So you're drifting across. You've seen something. So what are you saying here? Get the group together. What are you trying to communicate?
Speaker 3: We had that look, I think, a few sets before and I dropped Jackie Williams and then the half actually tackled him. So we had that look again and then I just felt the back row was coming out and really jamming the drop runner. So, which was Jackie Williams, so I wanted to grab up her and we didn't really get it on, but I said just be aware if he comes out again, just for him to hook under as well and he'll get a good look there, but we didn't actually get it back on, but We tried to, we didn't really touch the ball much in good ball in the second half.
Speaker 4: It's a good intel to, you know, the yin and yang of halves combination, the spine members. When you've got one dominant figure and you've got some inexperience, you need to get on the same page. Whether it's origin, whether it's club football, that key figure in terms of the halfback needs to get everyone on the same page.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's almost like, you know, like in big games, you know, the art of communication with everyone. Like you might get a repeat set and a really big occasion, a state of origin, the crowd screaming.
Speaker 1: You know, that.
Speaker 5: Ability to pull the spine in, quickly have a chat and disperse again.
Speaker 4: But then in origin, Mitch is playing with Nathan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right? So there's a difference. Like both equal level in terms of being able to pull the trigger at different stages.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How's that compared to the inexperience of what is Parramatta?
Speaker 3: Well, I probably took a few lessons out of what I learned off Nathan in those situations and took it back to club then and probably in those clips, that's where you see it. But, yeah, he's so good at, you know, there's a break in play, grabbing the spine. making sure everyone's calm and everyone knows their role and everything like that. And, yeah, I feel like we're all on the same page. We both loved our footy, so it was very easy to communicate around.
Speaker 2: What we wanted to do and what we wanted to get out of the game, I guess.
Speaker 5: It's a great combination because you've got Nathan who plays the game like an exact science.
Speaker 1: And sometimes in the state of origin and you pull people together.
Speaker 5: At the last moment, it's hard to do that like he does at Penrith. It takes time to bed that down. But then you've got yourself who's more of a reactive player. But the other one too, I think, which is probably emblematic of you know, how you guys worked the relationship was the fact that, you know, you were doing the long kick and he was doing the short kick, which just was, you know, the cornerstone.
Speaker 1: Of the win. How did that come about, Mitch?
Speaker 3: I felt like we kind of picked it out from the first two games that we weren't kicking the ball as far, I guess, in the first two games. And how we felt origin footy was played. And if you have field position in origin footy, you go a long way in winning the game and, putting yourself in a position to win the game. So I felt like me just releasing Nathan, taking the pressure off him by doing the long kicking and allowing him just to free flow and take opportunities when he could. And I felt like the combination worked really well. And yeah, any time that I could roll around and kick a ball, I tried to as much as possible just to relieve the pressure and allow Nath just to play the footy off the back of that.
Speaker 4: Because some of the commentary is that some combos don't work. You need to have yin and yang. You need a controller. You need a ball runner. At the end of the day, that combination between Moses and Cleary basically just says if you're willing to do the team first thing and want to win for the estate, Any combination can work.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: The fact that Nathan and Mitch can go, well, you know what, Mitch, you've got a longer effective king game. You take the yardage ones and then I'll take these ones. But as long as I'm swinging left and you're swinging right, we can be first receiver, we can be second receiver. It does not matter. So, yes, there's a template for controlling half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: But when you get the selfless mentality of that and you get the best players on the field, like anything is possible.
Speaker 1: That was like, mate, your Queensland side is one of those games.
Speaker 5: You've got all these, you know, huge players, guys who want quality ball, are used to getting a quality ball all the time in good field position, but the ability to suppress the ego and coexist.
Speaker 4: Well, Jono was a first receiver, dominant playmaker at the Cowboys, right? When we went into camp, he goes, you know what? That's your strength. You take care of that with Cameron. I'm just going to float around. When I see an opportunity, you get me the ball. I mean, so as long as that's the mindset, I think any combination can truly work.
Speaker 5: What about this competition, boys, like... We've got a situation where, I mean, it's always the way. As we're starting to see, you're going, okay, you get an idea on a team, right? They're probably the team to beat.
Speaker 1: They're next.
Speaker 5: And all of a sudden, bang, injuries and suspensions.
Speaker 1: Start to happen. Last weekend, there were some big ones. The biggest one is Sammy Walker. Yep.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to ask, you know, can they win the comp? Of course they can win the comp. But what does this do, do you think, in terms of the other, you know, really elite teams?
Speaker 4: I'll set up for Mitch to talk about the halves and the combo. Look, they are individually as talented as any other list in the competition. Nafahu White is a wrecking ball. Tedesco can break open anything. Mark Nwong and Etowah, so every time he touches the ball, something will happen, right? So Sam's got this ability to be more effective in the red zone than most other halves. He's sure can gain the long passing. So you imagine Cherry Evans steps in or Savala steps in. Maybe they become a little bit more structured. Maybe they become like a bit of a set play mentality for one or two, three, and then play off the back of that. Like if Sam Walker's effectiveness is his unpredictability, right? So maybe the Roosters narrow that down a bit and start doing a little bit of sequence play to get the best out of Savala and Cherry Evans.
Speaker 3: I think having Savala there, it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I think he brings his back rollers onto the ball really well. He creates for his fullback in Teddy. He's got a long kicking game and I think in finals games, in those tight games, you need to be able to kick long, hold the ball and really use your defence, I guess, as a mechanism. But But, yeah, if he can just simplify his game and allow the strike outside that you just mentioned and really narrow his footy down, they'll go a long way.
Speaker 4: Well, for 20 weeks it was Penrith's title, right? They have a bit of a slip-up with Isaiah, lose a few games, the Warriors elevate. The Roosters beat Penrith. We go, well, the Roosters are in pole position. Sam Walker's gone, they lose a couple of games. So it really is the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Here come the Dolphins.
Speaker 5: And, look, we had a yarn about this before is that, Mate, one thing about the old bloke, Wayne knows how to press play. And all year, I mean, the last two years, they've battled injury after injury, and finally they're starting to get their team back.
Speaker 4: So as a Titans owner, you had a front row seat to Souths on the weekend, just caught sucking on a couple of schooners down 28-4. But seriously, on a football.
Speaker 1: Point of view... Alcohol, when you're down 28-0, alcohol is the answer.
Speaker 4: Do you think Souths can do it? Like, do you think there's a team in the bottom of the eight, maybe it is... South Sydney. After what you saw in person, do you think South Sydney can go deep in September?
Speaker 5: There is no coach in the league who knows how to time a run like Wayne. Wayne will time a run like 90% of coaches won't risk a bad season. you know, for the initial outcome. I mean, most coaches in the league, they're thinking about playing finals. So come on, let's get.
Speaker 1: Off to a good start.
Speaker 5: Wayne will risk missing finals to peak at the right time of the year. Now, the biggest thing about South Sydney is they're too generous in defence for the opposition. They let the opposition play a little too much football, but they're coming together.
Speaker 4: When you talk about time in your run... Latrell Mitchell's had an injury for eight or ten weeks. Roll him out for 20 minutes against the Titans and they got the rivalry on Friday night. You could see South Sydney turning up Friday night and dominating. Latrell Mitchell's impact on South Sydney, just timing the run for the most influential player in their team just to start strutting him stuff on the left-hand side of the field.
Speaker 3: Well, just before he got injured, he was winning games by himself on that left edge.
Speaker 2: He was that hard to stop.
Speaker 4: I remember.
Speaker 3: that game against Newcastle, they obviously lost that game, but individually he got them back in the game just by himself. And the performance that he can put in when he's on, like it's, scary.
Speaker 5: Mate, after the game, after we sort of went in and condolences you just sort of.
Speaker 3: Skip across to the other dressing room i see you went from condolences to a party.
Speaker 5: Have a beer so yeah saw wayne and mate he was up on his toes mate honestly went into the south dressing room it was like a nightclub although i haven't been to a nightclub in 15 years that's such a lie i haven't been to trish come on you're in vegas not so long ago yeah.
Speaker 1: That's true um But, mate, it was just rocking. Everyone's really happy.
Speaker 5: And I saw Jackie Whiten, right, and I said, oh, mate, it's good to have the big fella back talking about Latrell.
Speaker 1: He goes, yeah. He said, mate, did you see when Curtis Moran hit him in the first run? Like, jammed him.
Speaker 5: And Jack said he went past. He said when he hit him, Latrell went, oh, and he went past and said, you.
Speaker 1: Forgot how hard it is, didn't you? Mate, it's interesting. Boys, Waz Knights.
Speaker 5: This is a tough game to really get a feel of, Mitch.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have seen this game, but... Mate, Wyles were awful early.
Speaker 5: Their first 20 minutes was the worst 20 minutes they've had, I reckon, in the last two seasons. Mate, defensively, there was no energy there at all. You'll see a try coming up soon.
Speaker 1: Where I forget who scores it here.
Speaker 5: But even a bloke like Aaron Clarke, who's been so good, just basically... doesn't get up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, the Knights were up for it and the Warriors have been up for a long time. Then the Sofidi send-off happens and it completely changes it. I think Justin Holbrook takes a lot of positives out of that. To be down to 12 players for the majority of that game and to still score points, to still compete, there's something in what Justin Holbrook has instilled in the Newcastle Knights that can be a good thing. I don't think they can go deep in September, but I think they're definitely team of the up. For me, the Warriors, I think it was just their... they're not off if they make it.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, they're going to have, there's going to be one of those games. They've been up for a long time, that slight little dip. But tell you what, it says a lot about a football side when you're, that 20 minutes, you're awful. And you got without energy and suddenly you swing it.
Speaker 4: Well, the part to it is, we've spoken about this, like Jack Cleary is a fifth or sixth string halfback.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the Warriors system still allows them to score 40 points, right? So I think that's probably the key for the Warriors is that they can plug in, plug out. but their system is pretty structured but super effective when you get their festering coming in and setting up tries.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Warriors, they're just such a hard team. They've got such a big pack and can roll forward. If you're a half in the back of that, it really simplifies your game. You kick long to the corners and really build pressure like that. They're good at holding the ball and completing high and really suffocating you in their own end. um yeah like you said they got a rookie kid there come in and jet he didn't yeah it didn't really yeah and and yeah too you like wade egan and aaron clark like they're the work they do in that middle yeah in the middle and you know to pull in and you know by the time the ball hits halves hands on that sweep they haven't got a tough decision to make you know what i mean like egan's so good at getting out and making that initial decision and it's simple for them it's pass short or run the football.
Speaker 4: Well, talk us through that, right? So first receiver like you or Nathan play a lot of on the advantage line and set up players, whereas the Warriors attack is a lot of Aaron Clark. And is it easier for an experienced half to be at the back of Aaron Clark or up the front?
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like even if Aaron Clark doesn't want to pass, he has a carry and he gets you a quick ruck no matter what.
Speaker 4: And then he'll take as a half.
Speaker 2: And then you can step up and play on the front foot.
Speaker 3: So I feel like if you're doing your role, like, You simplify your role in that team as a half and just get the ball to the big... You've got big back rowers there and play off the big forwards. And you look at the halves that come in, they just plug in there to do their job and they get results.
Speaker 1: And Hanson, he's been good the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: The strength of a system right up against the free-wheeling Adlib. If Adlib works, it looks great and super hard to stop, but the system is quite.
Speaker 2: Wade Egan's a big part.
Speaker 3: Like you said, the way he creates for the halves as well. on the trial line is massive.
Speaker 5: Tough day for Newcastle, yes.
Speaker 1: The loss.
Speaker 5: Mate, brave effort when you're down to 12 men against the Warriors in New Zealand, but Jacob Saifudi's gone for the season. If there's an area they're a little short, it's middle forwards. And also Francis, Manu, Lele Lua, that was a bad one. It's a bad one, you're sucking on the green whistle. I mean, the green whistle's fantastic, but.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the Knights know that they're going to play finals, right? So... The thing about the Knights is they need to win week one. They've got the bye now where they finish is yet to be determined. But I feel like if they can, you know, the Sharks are slipping up. Like if the Knights get a home final week one, I think they can win that. You know, where the Sofini or all that are there, they're best players. At home, I think if you finish in the bottom part of the eight to get that home final week one, hopefully you get through and then you play a team that's been beaten up at the top of the ladder that, feels like maybe a couple of injuries or maybe some suspensions or something, you might just get an easy way into a prelim.
Speaker 1: Mate, what about the Dolphins?
Speaker 5: Like, we sort of said, as this season started to move toward the back end, you're watching them start to pick up momentum and you're watching the progression of Max Plath and Donahue and then Isaiah Katoa coming back. Mate, they're coming home with a wet sail. Jeez, they're a dangerous team.
Speaker 2: We versed them the other week and we felt the full force of it.
Speaker 1: Upper Brisbane, the.
Speaker 3: The way they suffocate you with Cattell's kicking game, he puts it in a corner, he makes you come off your trial line the whole game. And then the way their forwards are just flying off the line, you don't have much there. So if you're struggling to get out of the backfield, it's going to be a long day for you. But their outside backs are just– Herbie Farnworth is– Mate, Herbie.
Speaker 2: He's the hardest man I've ever had to tackle.
Speaker 4: Mate.
Speaker 1: And, you know, the question mark around the Dolphins is defensively. And, mate, their defence.
Speaker 4: Did you see that last 20 minutes defensively?
Speaker 1: Sensational.
Speaker 4: Like, try savers everywhere. Dolphins jerseys in the picture. And I think this is going to be part of the issue with the Roosters on Friday night is go look at the game plan that the Dolphins did. That left-hand side attack with Herbie Farnworth attacking Daly Cherry Evans. Latrell Mitchell, Cody Walker are going to see that and they go, you know what? We're doing exactly the same thing because that right edge defensively for the Roosters is was under pressure from word go. And we all knew that the Dolphins attack could do that. But the question mark, was their forward pack and their defence able to stop a powerful forward pack? Well, the answer's yes. Like what Gilbert, Plath, Donoghue, what they all did, they are dead set premiership threats now.
Speaker 5: It's just a question on Max Plath. I played against his old man. His old man was just such a pain in the arse.
Speaker 1: Just chirped all the time. Just so.
Speaker 2: And I look at Max, I reckon he's just.
Speaker 1: Got a big.
Speaker 4: He's not a chirper.
Speaker 1: He's not a chirper.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, no. Well, he hasn't been chirping, but he's.
Speaker 3: A great player. Like, you can play him at nine... Locke on an edge as well.
Speaker 2: If you have to.
Speaker 3: He's just such a good player to have in your team.
Speaker 2: And I think he's coming off the bench for him.
Speaker 1: At the moment. Yeah, yeah. And playing edge.
Speaker 4: And not one-dimensional. Like a middle forward on the edge playing number nine is a hard worker. Good, you know, play long minutes. But Origin, he's got a couple of flick passes, fourth plays. Like he comes up with tries.
Speaker 1: He's a competitor.
Speaker 4: He is more than just that sort of middle forward that plays long minutes.
Speaker 1: Isaiah Katoa, boys. We spoke to him a little bit, Mitch. Do you reckon he could end up one of the greats? Definitely. I mean, it's early. I understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very early. But, mate, he's a quality player. I think– how old is he?
Speaker 1: He's like 23.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just the way he can control a game at that age as a halfback is like– I haven't really seen it before besides Nath, really, and yourself, Cooper.
Speaker 4: And Matthew. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I sort of.
Speaker 5: I wasn't even playing first grade at 22.
Speaker 1: Go and have a laugh.
Speaker 3: But, mate, he definitely could. Like, he's a quality player and he's real professional. Obviously, I had a bit to do with him in Origin Camp when he came in and he's so professional, wants to learn all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really leading that team well.
Speaker 4: Maybe one of the things about the Dolphins is I don't believe in the theory that you have to lose one to win one, right? But they're going to play finals for the first time. They're going to have to travel to Sydney at some stage maybe. The intensity of getting your best game on a big stadium, because you're going to walk up against either Penrith and Nathan, been there a thousand times, Fisher-Harris and the Warriors, you're going to instill something there. The Roosters are finals hardened over a period of time. So the Dolphins are going to have to do something that that club's never done before. And most of their players outside Felice Cofusi and maybe a couple of the Broncos at this stage haven't had a lot of finals experience.
Speaker 1: Lachlan Gelden, boys.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, I don't know a young player who's come in and had so much pressure on his shoulders and so much criticism, so much attention than Lachlan. But I'll tell you what, at the back half of this year, he's been really good.
Speaker 1: And Mitch, it was his best NRL game the other night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: I think how the game is at the moment really suits how he plays footy.
Speaker 2: He loves to play off the cuff.
Speaker 3: And over the advantage line and plays really flat and fast and I think the Bulldogs kind of took a little bit to get used to how he plays. And obviously the Bulldogs are a very structured team and they'll play to this spot to get.
Speaker 2: A big shift on.
Speaker 3: And I think what the Bulldogs did, they really adapted to how he plays. And I think that's why they were getting a fair bit of joy towards the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that kick showed that he was thinking one thing, but the outside players were on a different path. So he's got individual bruises. This try here, the one for Preston. Now, there's been question marks whether Galvin can play seven. This kid can play seven. The fact that He knew that Jack Cole had some defensive deficiencies. The ball was going to left-hand side. He over-called it. He got to the target defender. And the double pump in the combination with Preston, like that is halfback 101. Like you could build off that. There's a little bit of the communication thing. I think that's why Stephen Crichton was moved to six. So he's got some development in game management and communication. This guy's already.
Speaker 1: Got, right?
Speaker 4: But pure ball playing. That bloke has set up Preston for 100 tries this year. That's gold as a half.
Speaker 3: Even the ball he gave Burton for the Burton try as well.
Speaker 4: He used up Preston.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: And got McLean interested. That's smart. That's footy awareness.
Speaker 5: I must say, it's the strangest left to right pass I've seen how he fires it. I've said that to him. I said, mate, it's a strange pass. He goes, yeah, everyone's trying to change it.
Speaker 1: But it works. Don't change it.
Speaker 5: Boys, look back on the contenders and the side that Mitch played yesterday, Koops, with Cronulla. It's hard to believe that a team that goes on such a great winning run and who's playing such good football suddenly have a loss and loses focus on all the things that got them there.
Speaker 1: And I understand there's no trundle. I understand they're tricky, but.
Speaker 4: I think there was a couple of moments that says that the Sharks aren't dialed in. The first set, Kautonga runs straight through Nico Hines. Now as a halfback, you're probably going to make your first tackle your best effort and then worry about everything after that. All right, they're not playing so well. They get down at halftime. Fitzgibbon gets them in the sheds. Kifusi, first hit up off the kickoff, tries to offload it out the back. Like they're just not doing the things. Now Fitzy, we know Fitzy, he's a tough dude. He wants toughness first. and then wants to finesse after that. I don't think they're going about their game at the moment with toughness. They're just not willing to roll up the sleeves. When Nico Hines is playing well, he's playing north-south. At the moment, he's finessing the ball east-west. Trindle is a big part. If I'm Fitzy... I'm getting a lot more out of Newell Blake and they're starting front rolls. Braley needs to become the focal point of their attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: While Trindle's out, yeah.
Speaker 4: And then Nico Hines jumps off the back.
Speaker 5: Cowboys, fellas, I mean, they're dangerous because you just don't know what they're going to, you know, no idea what they're going to give you.
Speaker 4: Their gap between their best and their worst is that far. To get beaten by... the Roosters a couple of weeks back. And then to have some games, like I think it was, they beat the Broncos at home and Todd Payton came out and said they hated Brisbane. Like it put emotion and put some fire in their belly and they played outstanding. So.
Speaker 1: And then the week after.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And the week after you get beaten.
Speaker 1: By 84.
Speaker 2: Well, they beat Penrith up there as well.
Speaker 4: Tom Dearden makes them a 10 point, 12 point better team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Tommy coming in the other night, I think obviously his first week back and, He probably didn't look 100%, but he'll be better for that run.
Speaker 5: Okay, question, Mitch, about finals in September. Okay, if you sneak into the eight, okay, and we're talking about that five to eight mark, who's the side you don't want to play first, do you think, in that bottom run?
Speaker 2: In the bottom bit?
Speaker 1: Probably Sears. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Because their ceiling is so big, but their base is pretty low as well. But it really depends on how their best players roll out of bed. If they feel like playing, they could beat you. I don't think anyone from the bottom part can do any damage.
Speaker 2: It'll be hard for them, yeah.
Speaker 4: But if there is one team.
Speaker 1: South. South's probably the one. Okay. Who's decided to beat? Is it Penrith?
Speaker 2: I think Penrith.
Speaker 3: I think they get Yowie back and... The form that Dylan Edwards is in at the moment, he's unbelievable. I think even Nath, he didn't have to do too much the other night except control the game. And he just had some other players come up with some big plays. And, yeah, I think he's just priming himself just for this final series.
Speaker 4: A month ago, I thought it was the Panthers and only the Panthers. Then two weeks ago, I thought it was the Roosters, slipstreaming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Sam Walker going down hurts them. I like the Warriors.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They are the only team that has been, you know, have their game style under control for the majority of the season.
Speaker 1: There's a God of Rugby League. Oh, the Titans. Titans. Mate, next year. Yeah, they can't.
Speaker 5: Hey, Mish, before we go, just before we go, because I want to take this opportunity to ask you this question. When we're talking about Penrith, and, you know, you give us as much as you want. I can understand you want trade secrets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But we're talking about Penrith, right?
Speaker 5: I think if there's any player in the last five years in their great run that's had the.
Speaker 1: Most success against Penrith, it's you. and your side pit. How do you play them?
Speaker 2: Stay in it. I think that's a big one.
Speaker 3: I think if you turn over easy possession against the Panthers, they'll just camp down on your try line and they don't care if they score. It doesn't take them the first set. They'll stay there for five sets and they don't care if.
Speaker 2: They come away with points.
Speaker 3: They just know the damage that they've done to you for tackling so much there, they'll get you at the end of the game. So if you turn over easy possession early against them, they'll make you hurt.
Speaker 2: But you need to take your opportunities.
Speaker 3: When you get down there, there's such a good defensive side.
Speaker 2: You need to take your opportunities.
Speaker 5: I'm a believer that basically how good an attacking side is, how intricate they can attack and how much of an exact size dictates sometimes how well they defend in the fact they recognise shapes. Like, do you guys, did you have a lot of success playing more in ad-libs all against Penrith? Earlier, yeah, it was probably a little bit more offload and try to catch them off guard. They were really good defensively, very structured defensively and everyone knew their role. So a little bit of ad-lib, a little bit of offload and just create a bit of havoc there.
Speaker 3: Early when we had a bit of joy against them early, not in the big games, but during the season we did. But yeah, I think, Mate, they're a quality side. They're a hard team to verse. And, yeah, a little bit of offload is probably the only way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, yeah, their left side defence too is a chink. So they need to fix up that if those teams are going to attack them.
Speaker 1: Well, Mitch, you've finally made it, mate. You've made it on the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, mate.
Speaker 1: Welcome to first grade. And, mate, it's been a pleasure. Hey, mate, appreciate you coming in, mate. Thank you. And congratulations on your season.
Speaker 4: How come I haven't made first grade yet? Am I?
Speaker 1: I'm still in. You're still in Holden Cup, mate. That is a thing.