Speaker 1: This is the Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: This is not a sweeping statement. Choice of Van's a legend absolute But let's do.
Speaker 1: This Swans sweep.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: We're going to get controversial today. I can feel it. What is your unpopular opinion? What is the one thing that you believe in your heart of hearts? But you're nervous to say.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four to ten? Jump on the line and share them with us.
Speaker 2: Mind's a bit of a reverse one. Because we had Chinese takeaway last night. Maybe the kids and I ordered something. When it arrived, both of my youngest kids, Kit and Peek both went, what we ordered? Chinese takeaway? And you ordered that? That is not a menu item that you order. It was tofu and stir fried vegetables.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's pretty pathetic.
Speaker 2: They would discuss it. They said, not in a million years would a normal person order that.
Speaker 4: I said, well what would I?
Speaker 3: What do you order?
Speaker 2: They go, you know, spring rolls, chicken and cash nuts, lemon chicken dumplings.
Speaker 4: I guess if you were a vegan you would go for that.
Speaker 3: I just loved stir fried tofu and broccoli.
Speaker 4: I guess I get that. It just it is a little disappointing, and if my mum ordered that, I disowner.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to say my sweeping statement is that is a perfectly rational and fine.
Speaker 3: Dish to order for takeaway. It's stuff.
Speaker 4: A vegan option, yes, says a lot about a person's character.
Speaker 3: But I'm not a vegan. I just like to get out the whole rules are that you're not. Let be honest.
Speaker 4: I know that's also not really a sweeping state. This yes, and you should have another one.
Speaker 2: Whole meal bread should be discontinued.
Speaker 4: Agree across the board retweet why do you exist?
Speaker 2: Like if you don't like white bread, there's multi grade, magical have that?
Speaker 3: What is that weird whole meal? Who buys it?
Speaker 4: Doesn't belong?
Speaker 3: It is nothing? It discontinued.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts on Rye bread? Because I enjoy Rye Fine, okay.
Speaker 3: Cool fine, Rye can stay that whole meal. Jog on.
Speaker 4: My sweeping statement is jog on. If you are over the age of eighteen, get off the EA scooter. Scooters are for young kids and for people in their early teens. When I see Craig who's thirty eight with a helmet on in a suit riding to work work on an e scooter, the word pathetic comes to mind. Really, I just think they're just you look like a clown, bro.
Speaker 3: But he's doing good for the planet.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about the planet.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I know you never are. I don't. I don't. I don't think you're allowed to.
Speaker 2: Be a child or a teen on an e scooter. You've got to be eighteen and over or something, all right. I know that because I hired one for peg legally and then pushed her off it because it.
Speaker 3: Went so far?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 3: When she was like, I want to have a go on, then I said, sure, I'll hire one for you. I'm old enough. Anyway, she gets on it, it flew off at such a clip. I grabbed her to save it. The Crissy Swan show Let's go Unpopular.
Speaker 1: Swan's sweepy steamers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said that the whole mill bread should be discontinued. And I'm talking across the board, every incarnation, every shop, every machine, stop it.
Speaker 4: I get it. I'm with you, and I think adults shouldn't be on any scooters. I just think it looks a bit funny and weird. I'm sorry, and I get there.
Speaker 3: They're doing it in Europe all the time. Surely it's cool there.
Speaker 4: No, Well, you can only get bicycles now in Europe, even in Melbourne. I believe they've outlawed the scooters because they're so dangerous, really and they're kind of annoying. And to your question about what if you want to support the environment, buy a Tesla or get a hybrid car like your car? You know you can do your bit.
Speaker 3: You can't even say Toyota.
Speaker 4: I wasn't triref You want me to say what car you have? Yeah, get a Toyota hybrid?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is it so shameful?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I was being respectful of your primary You were like, no, I wasn't doing it for that.
Speaker 2: I can say Tesla, fine, I can't say Twota.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'd learned to drive in an eighty eighty series Toyota. I love Toyotas.
Speaker 3: I love Tweetas too. Hey, Nick, what is your unpopular opinion?
Speaker 6: I think that all face clash is a rip off.
Speaker 7: Surely your thin can't change that much from your.
Speaker 2: Neck or your shoulders to you, So that's so interesting me because I feel the same about hand cream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just use I'm just like it's just skin.
Speaker 2: I'll just use my facial moisturizer and give it a little once over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would love to know the science behind it. So, Nikki, are you saying like you just use like showered l on your face?
Speaker 8: Imperial leather?
Speaker 4: Oh stop it?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, with the little golden sticker. Yeap blocks the drains all the time.
Speaker 8: Probably not environmentally friendly, but I use that on my face.
Speaker 7: I've never actually used face wash.
Speaker 8: I just think it's the biggest rip off.
Speaker 9: Eight bucks for faith wash, eight bucks of six bars of imperial.
Speaker 2: Eight bars, eight dollars. I'm people pay a lot more than that. So you're ahead, You are ahead.
Speaker 4: Nick I love that. I'm going to send you a new generation Echo Show five with Alexa. So when you want to listen to swey now you just say, hey, Alexa, play Nova.
Speaker 7: Oh thank you, that's great.
Speaker 3: You can do that in your shower. Were watching with Imperial leather?
Speaker 9: Hi, Kathy, Hey guys.
Speaker 3: What is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 9: You don't have to have red wine with steak. You can have muscado with steak.
Speaker 3: What's moscado? Is that red or white white?
Speaker 9: It's a sweet white wine, so it off sets the savory of the compliments, the savory of.
Speaker 4: The steak, because traditionally you should drink red wine when you're having a steak.
Speaker 9: Hey, Kathy, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Why is that? I've never known why? Sure, do you just drink whatever you like?
Speaker 4: I'd love to know why too, But it does. It does feel right, like. I love that you do this, Kathy and have a moscado with your steak, But I never would like the sweetness. Does the sweetness of the muscado not ruin your palette for the steak?
Speaker 9: I don't have an overly sweet muscado like sweet the sugary sweet ones and it's a really good combination.
Speaker 3: That's a similar rulegy.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed to have parmesan cheese on a seafood pasta dish. Yeah, I just put parmesan cheese on bod everything.
Speaker 4: That feels wrong. I get that. Hey, Priceline pharmacy voucher for you, Kathy.
Speaker 3: Haying to call.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 6: How you going cood?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You've gone to the laundry, my, I mean, it's one of my obsessions. But I don't understand what you're saying.
Speaker 6: So when people take their clothes off and they're inside out and then you wash them. So when you're the mom on the line, you've got to turn everyone's clothes in the right way and it takes forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, welcome to bloody hair. How old are your kids? How old are your kids?
Speaker 6: Sixteen and fourteen? And then I've got my three grandchildren and there's five, two and one, and then me and my husband.
Speaker 2: Please tell me, Nicole, that you do not do all of that unpaid labor for those grandchildren as well I do.
Speaker 6: And even the older children. My fourteen year old sitting right beside me, clothes inside out, Nicole, can I get.
Speaker 3: You put it? Is it a he or a sheep?
Speaker 6: Or girls?
Speaker 3: Put her on the phone.
Speaker 6: Right now, it's here right beside.
Speaker 4: I want to have a talk to her mom and mea podcast.
Speaker 3: What's the name Anna Hianna? Beautiful name? By the way, he is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Can you please just from member, Your mum is a person and she doesn't want to do all that, you know how you don't want to do it all either, does she. She's a normal person. Please just today take your school dress off and put it in the laundry. For the love of all that's good and holy.
Speaker 4: Thank you for Nicole. Have you had a day today, Phil, I'm sensing.
Speaker 3: That I've done seven loads of washing.
Speaker 4: You've had a bit on and I've.
Speaker 2: Got I've got to dry it all now and I have to get my hand in and get the little all the felt out, And I mean it's very depressing.
Speaker 3: Think very seriously about your decision.
Speaker 10: The Chrissy Swan Shows, The Christy Swan Show, Let's play around of unpopular opinions Swans sweeteas.
Speaker 3: I live for unpopular opinions.
Speaker 2: When someone says something that is unexpected and naughty fills me with joy.
Speaker 4: Same Swaney, And I mean that's ninety percent of our conversation when the microphones aren't.
Speaker 3: On, it actually is.
Speaker 2: That's why I love coming in here, because I know that you're always going to say something chicky, my sweeting's burning twenty four to ten. By the way, the most unpopular, the better. Like I'm still on a high from when that person called up and said I loved Donald Trump. Same and then had an answer for everything we said. And we're very kind about it. We're very open for him.
Speaker 4: That's what makes the world great. Difference of opinion. But also that woman couldn't answer my question When I questioned her about his policy.
Speaker 3: She said, it was a long time ago about the grab.
Speaker 4: All right, what's yours? Swan?
Speaker 3: Mine?
Speaker 8: Is this?
Speaker 3: I love food.
Speaker 2: I love every incarnation of sweet, savory, salty, Whatevermamy, there's the new one that's coming, sweepy sament, the bloody hell is your marmy? Also, no, o, Mummy isn't a flavor anyway. I think the worst flavor cross the board in every incarnation is orange and chocolate. I do not understand the existence of jaffers.
Speaker 3: I do not understand Terry's Chocolate orange and how popular it is.
Speaker 4: Wait, No, Terry's Chocolate Orange. Is that the ball wrapped in orange foil in the blue box? Yes, I love them. Mum used to buy them for me for Easter. They're elite. What are you talking about, woman?
Speaker 2: Chocolate and orange? No, it doesn't go. It's citrus and cream.
Speaker 4: No, I disagree, But that's the point of sweeping face.
Speaker 3: And that's true.
Speaker 4: That's right, And I like that you have that. Okay, mine? Today? Is I automatically dislike you if you have this particular ring tone? Okay, I hear it. A couple of people have it in.
Speaker 2: The This is it the Crazy Frog to buy it for eight dollars ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Remember buying I Do and be like stealing mum's phone. And I changed it to Apologize by one Republic and it stayed like that fifteen years.
Speaker 3: That is a great song. It's a great song.
Speaker 4: Oh I love it, dude, Yes, Okay, back to this ring tone though. If you have this ring tone, I love all our listeners, but you've got to change it because I don't like you. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: So if you're out at a restaurant or something and you're on a date or whatever and it's going well and that that ring tone happens.
Speaker 4: I hate you why because it's just so like, Oh, you're trying to be different by not having the normal lifehone ring tone, which I just have. And you've picked out of all of the select like there are so many options, you've picked piano riff, Like, do you think there's some old sophisticated New York.
Speaker 2: Like like the Blues Brothers or something cring. My phone is always on either silent or D and D and I don't even know what ring.
Speaker 3: Maybe I've got crazy.
Speaker 4: Now you just have you'd have a Siri call Christy Swan.
Speaker 3: Calling Christy Swan.
Speaker 4: Shut up, you do not We didn't even said that, No Swan, Okay, well I hate you. Third a twenty four to ten. Oh that is so sad. What is your sweeping statement? Jump on the line. Maybe it's you I've heard in the office, and that's why it's annoyed me.
Speaker 2: I don't even know the Chrissy Swan show, and we're doing a round of unpopular opinions.
Speaker 1: Swan's sweeping statements.
Speaker 2: I have said that orange and chocolate together is a terrible combination. I've never understood it, not there, not now, not ever.
Speaker 4: And I've said that if you have the piano riff ring tone, I do not like you.
Speaker 2: It's usually like a guy that fancies himself as one of the Blues Brothers, you know, funny fun or me.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four to ten. What is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 3: He de hello, HELLI I'm well, how are you good? What is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 2: But by the way, I still love you even though you're about to say something very controversial.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it is a bit of noxious. Actually what I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to say, I'm here for it. D I'm on your side.
Speaker 11: I think shopping centers should have designated times when you are allowed to take young children and no other time.
Speaker 4: Agreed.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite shopping center? What are you talking about specifically? Is it like Indrapilli Turmbul term Side where.
Speaker 11: I yes, yeah, those big Indra Pilly all of them. I knew it was Interi, but any any big shopping center.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you? Yeah? Go you go.
Speaker 11: Before I had children, I honestly thought children should be banned all together. Then once I had them, I realized you do sometimes have to take them, but you know, a window of time.
Speaker 3: Can I sell you I went.
Speaker 2: I went to a big Westfield today for the first time, and I was there at nine thirty. Between nine thirty and ten thirty, there was no no one around, as in I mean there was people there. It wasn't like, you know, twenty eight days later it was in a zombie apocalypse, but there were no small children.
Speaker 3: It was so calm. I loved it. So there's your.
Speaker 4: Tip deep Priceline pharmacy voucher for you. Let's go to Penny.
Speaker 3: High pen Hi.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 3: I love your sweeping statement.
Speaker 5: I believe that teachers shouldn't be allowed to teach at the same school where children attend.
Speaker 3: I Gray, Penny, Now, why why do you think that?
Speaker 5: Oh, because it's like every year they're winning every Easter hat parade, they get picked for the sporting events. I'm like, oh, this is convenience.
Speaker 11: There they tot off again.
Speaker 2: I agree with your opinion, but for different reasons, because I would have hated to never get a break from my parents.
Speaker 3: Like school.
Speaker 2: School is my community, Like that was where I came alive.
Speaker 3: Imagine if mom and dad were there too.
Speaker 4: Oh, I imagine if Mum and dad heard every time I was called to the principal's office.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I felt sorry. I feel sorry for kids of teachers at school.
Speaker 4: There's no escape Priceline pharmacy voucher for you, Penny.
Speaker 3: Jewels, Come on, tell me what is it? What jewel?
Speaker 8: Well, hello, guys. I just wish it was okay to say to people if they really really have bad body odor or they're very smelly, to be able to say it to them without offending them, because they always get offended. Hr you can't. It's a very awkward thing. I think we should be able to say it and feel good about that and let them go and do something about it.
Speaker 2: I would love to know why we can smell it and they can't. That's what I'd like to know. I reckon, there must be some biological thing. There must be a pheromone thing.
Speaker 8: The worst thing is going into chemists warehouse where they have miles and racks of deodorant and half the people stacking the shell.
Speaker 4: Think you mean line there, juelie. Obviously we're going into price.
Speaker 3: Line and nobody smells a price line.
Speaker 4: Only we're gonna give you a price on pharmacy voucher.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, go there instead. Yeah, it smells good all the time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, let's finish your tanyus money.
Speaker 3: Hi Tan, Hi, Chrissy, how are you well? I'm all right now, But what are you about to say to me?
Speaker 7: I think coffee is the most disgusting drink known to man. It is the most vile, putred tasting liquid you could possibly put in your mouth?
Speaker 3: Are you so vim? Are you drinking like SKFA blend forty three out of a java?
Speaker 7: I don't drink coffee it is I can't even eat cherramsou because of the coffee flavor. My mother was a really good cook when it came to terramissou. And for you, you and some Tina Missile. No Mama, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I can hear that, I can hear the grief in your voice.
Speaker 2: I know that you wish that this wasn't true for you.
Speaker 3: The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 10: For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com.
Speaker 6: Do you