Speaker 1: On Skylands Australia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panehy Show. Coming up tonight Peter Dubbin's plan to combat far left propaganda and Australian schools. We'll bring your footage of a liberal MP heckled in a mosque shortly after announcing millions in upgrades. Elon Musk taking on Australia's e Safety Commissioner and another courter in battle joining me tonight, Patrick car Lyon, batiel Ga Sagon, Kosher Gaida and Stephanie Bastian and left. He's losing it. We never forget that. Tonight we featured this sad news for white men everywhere.
Speaker 3: I will no longer be dating weight men and looking for anything other than a weight man.
Speaker 2: But first to the ever increasing list of iconic Australian locations that have been declared off limits, mostly in the name of aberige cultural heritage. To GB's Ben Fordham has been covering this important story.
Speaker 4: We've had a massive response to our series dedicated to Australia Off Limits. These are areas where people used to be able to go and enjoy the beauty of Australia and now in some parts we're locked out. It includes Kakadoo National Park, Cape York Lake Air, the Bundercliffs, the Finnis River, the Grampians Rangers, the Flinders Rangers, Mount Gillen and of course Mount Warning. Mount Warning in New South Wales has now been shut for five years.
Speaker 2: Joining me now for more on this is News Corps Senior writer Patrick Carlin and Patrick These are iconic Australian locations. I would argue every Australian should have access to them, and yet we can't climb Mount Warning. I think that band's been in place now for around five years and the list seems to be ever growing, including locations right here in Victoria.
Speaker 5: Look the Grampians down here in Victoria. I mean it's been basically limited to rock climbers. Apparently it's world class for rock climbing. And part of the problem here, and it's true of Matt Warning as well, is the processes that happen for these bands to come into place are so secretive. They're driven by activists who have agendas to push.
Speaker 1: In a lot of these cases, the.
Speaker 5: Wider Indigenous community doesn't feel that the bands are justified we don't understand why these things are happening, and they're not explained in a way that it's at all convincing.
Speaker 2: And I think the Voice referendum brought a lot of these issues to the forefront. These were things that perhaps worried people, but they were too shy, too hesitant to talk about this, to post about this on social media. But now it's on the agenda. And I think what you just said about conflict even within the indigenous community, because there are a lot of Indigenous groups who are against these various bands. They think they're counterproductive and they're not required they're not required to respect to show respect for that area.
Speaker 5: And look, it's unhelpful to the bigger indigenous cause. I mean, some of these sites should be protected, but we need to understand why they need to be protected, and that's not happening in these cases. And as you say, the pendulum has swung back a little bit. People are a bit more daring in saying in sort of expressing their sort of views that hang on. This doesn't make sense. This is pandering to a small group of activists as opposed to the wider community interest. What's going on here. I think we're seeing that more and more, which is to be welcome.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Australians should be able to say what they think on this important issue. Now, let's hear from Opposition leader Peter Dutton. Here he details his government, if it were to be elected, would stop schools indoctrinating students with far left propaganda.
Speaker 6: The cop Wealth government doesn't own or run a school, but we do provide funding to the state governments and we can condition that funding. We should be saying to states, and we should be saying to those that are receiving that funding that we want our kids to be taught the curriculum and we want our kids to be taught what it is that needed to take on as they face the challenges of the world, and not to be guided into some sort of an agenda that's come out of universities. That's the way in which the government can try and influence the New South Wales government, or the Queensland government, or the Victorian government, whatever it might be.
Speaker 2: Patrick. They do control funding, but also the curriculum is a big part of this problem. So much of this is a feature of the curriculum. It's not a bug. It's there deliberately and it's across the curriculum. You can't even teach maths without taking into consideration indigenous culture or perhaps sustainability issues. It is just a cross curriculum requirement, so that seems to be at the heart of it, more so than even the funding.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, Peter Dutton talked about the university ideologies sort of filtering down. You look at Macquarie University. I think it emerged last week that law students are being marked as part of their oral presentation on how well or how badly they do the acknowledgment of the country. That is ridiculous. That is way too far. And as you say, you've got grade twos and grade threes teachers being encouraged to invoke sort of indigenous dance to talk two plus.
Speaker 1: Two egles four. I mean it has gone too far.
Speaker 5: It is imposed and sort of it sort of becomes the norm, sort of by stealth in a.
Speaker 1: Way that a lot of parents do. You get upset by it. They don't feel like they're in control of how their kids are being well.
Speaker 2: If the academic standards were flying, you'd go, okay, perhaps we'll cop this because at least the results speak for themselves. But we are pumping more and more money into this sector with results going the other way. So I think there needs to be a massive rethink about how we're handling this. I let's talk about Conservative group Advanced. They rose to prominence during the Voice referendum. You may remember some of their ads and campaigns then, and they're stepping up their social media campaign ahead of the May III election. Let's have a look at one of their ads. I think they're far more effective Patrick, in communicating their message than the Liberals.
Speaker 7: It Australia.
Speaker 2: Of course what's doing.
Speaker 7: I would prefer that it wasn't there, but we live in circumstances where just as Australia has vessels in South China Sea and vessels in the Taiwan Strait and around of a range of areas, this vessel is there. What our task is to do is to make sure that we represent Australia's national interest.
Speaker 2: We do that each and every.
Speaker 7: Day, and I have every confidence, every confidence Patrick.
Speaker 2: I just think they are far more effective in getting cut through, particularly with people who are a little bit apathetic, who don't live and breathe politics. The Liberals learn a lot a lot from Advance.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, look Albanesi has looked weak when it comes to questions of sovereignty and Chinese ships in the proximity of Australia. It's something you want to hear a leader be very very vocal about, very passionate about, and nothing is more important than sovereignty. And that's sort of that social media sort of cut It cuts through all the nonsense, doesn't It just gets straight to the heart of it.
Speaker 1: Which is is Anthony Alberanesi week.
Speaker 5: When it comes to these big ticket items, it is very effective and.
Speaker 2: I think the Coalition may have to think about going negative. They never want to go negative. But the latest News poll released yesterday was not good news for the Peter Dutton or the Coalition. They're now trailing Labor after leading for the whole year up until now, so they've lost momentum at the crucial time.
Speaker 5: Look, the start of the campaign hasn't been amazing for Peter Dutton and the Coalition at all. It will be interesting to see when the levers start getting flipped to negativity and all the rest. You'll see that happening. I mean, these things it's like a pressure cooker. As a day gets closer and closer, it gets more and more desperate from both major sides as it goes along.
Speaker 2: Absolutely now Patrick, the Coalition's Shadow Minister for Multicultural Affairs. Jason Wood was yesterday heckled at a Melbourne mosque he was visiting to announce six and a half million dollars in taxpayer funds to upgrade its facilities. Let's have a look at what happened, and you're not welcome.
Speaker 8: Here by the Gaudia that.
Speaker 9: I'll break your face for I'll break your faith Geoudia.
Speaker 2: In a statement of Sky News, a spokesperson for Jason Wood said Jason Wood, MP and Zahid Safi were invited for the gathering organized by the Afghan Islamic Center. There were pro Palestinan supporters and they started heckling and raising their voices against our presence at the event. Jason made the announcement and received a pause from the crowd. Nearing the end of Jason's speech, there was some commotion at the back of the crowd. While Jason and Zaheid were leaving. There were some fights among groups of people in the crowd, not related or targeted at Jason. The Afghan community members are also angry and feel embarrassed by the incident, as Jason and Zaheid were guests of the community, Patrick, the worshipers there were reportedly furious that their aed celebrations were being politicized and being made part of a federal election campaign. But I've got to say, it's not a fantastic look when you're announcing millions in upgrades and then being told you're not welcome.
Speaker 5: And look, we're getting hard inedo these sorts of scenes where it looks like that's disturbing footage there. It looks like it could break out into unchecked violence at any minute. This one gets complicated because you've got the pro Palestinian protesters who came in, You've got some aspects within the mosque itself who were unhappy about the sization of that event. We don't like these scenes. We've been seeing far too many of those scenes since October seven, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: It does not look good.
Speaker 2: It is not a good look, and it may have just been allowed minority, but you can understand why some members of that community are pretty embarrassed by that, Patrick, Carla, and thanks for your time tonight. Joining me now is Sky News contributor Kosher Gaeta kosher. Let's start with an incredible story. A toddler aged around three has been booted from a British kindergarten after being accused of abuse against sexual orientation and gender identity. And this poor kid is not alone. In the twenty twenty two to twenty three academic period, ninety three other children in state primary schools in the UK were suspended or permanently excluded for homophobia or transphobia during that period. As JK. Rowling noted today, this is totalitarian insanity. If you think small children should be punished for being able to recognize sex, you are a dangerous zealot who should be nowhere near kids. I can't help but agree with that. I mean throwing kids out of preschool and primary school of a gender identity sensitivities.
Speaker 8: That seems mad, to say the league and I think you know what we're seeing here is the lag time between these big institutions like K through twelve schools and many others versus where the public is and the electorate is. And this is an eighty twenty issue. It's probably a ninety nine one issue. I would say when you zoom in on specifically toddlers and young children and all of this manners.
Speaker 10: Everybody understands it.
Speaker 8: You have to have a stock and those things. The health institutions that we're doing intervention interventional strategies around the trans issue have all walked it back in the very progressive parts of the world, including the UK and Scandinavian elsewhere, and the schools just haven't caught up. And whenever you see these edge cases come into the fore, it just really shin laid on it and hopefully we see some fast movements in the other direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Australia is almost an outlier when it comes to these issues because, yeah, the UK has had a bit of a reckoning, They've changed their policies, they've pretty much banned these gender firming so called gender firming care for children, whilst in Australia it's a very different picture. Indeed. Now let's look at France briefly. The leader of the right wing party their national National Rally, Marie Le Penn, has been banned from public office for five years by prison court after being found guilty of fraud offenses. Kosho. There is got to say a great deal of suspicion around this prosecution and sentence It's been seen in many quarters as a political prosecution. I don't know if that's fair or not, but certainly she is the main contender at this point and she won't be able to run as things stand.
Speaker 8: Absolutely now they're saying her campus and she'll appeal it, and the odds seem favorable that will be overturned on appeal. We'll see, because the stakes only get higher. Who knows what the details of the legal case are. This is breaking news, but I think it does not feel like a coincidence to a lot of people who are asking questions that you have Marine Lepen in France, you have the Romanian yes who candidate who the election was annulled and now he's been banned. You have very bolcenario in Brazil who also was put in jail. You have Imran Khan in Pakistan, who it was very popular as.
Speaker 2: All populous slaters are very much popular.
Speaker 8: Out of course Trump, who we know that they tried everything in the kitchen sink at him, and that the commonality is that these are all populist, nationalist folks from that wing of the right side of politics.
Speaker 10: They're very, very popular.
Speaker 8: I think Marine Leapen is at the top of the polls in terms of popularity, and then coincidentally, somehow there's all this criminality that the court seemed to find in them and taking them off the ballot or taking them out of the running. It's certainly raising a lot of eyebrows.
Speaker 2: It certainly is. And you mentioned Romania. We're talking here about NATO allies and a question, this is what Jadi Vance was lecturing Europe about, just how sound is your democracy? You like to lecture the rest of the world about threats to democracy, but just how sound is Europe's democracy where the elite seemed to decide who's fit to govern and who's not. And we saw even in the Netherlands where the election results were and even Germany where the AfD, who were the second most popular party were kind of excluded from.
Speaker 8: The funnyasy alliances at the other side from the left and the right join.
Speaker 10: To exclusive exclude them.
Speaker 8: And I think jade amount to speech is eaging very well, and it is going to eage very well the more and where we keep seeing these things happen in Europe.
Speaker 2: Now, a video clip featuring South African President Cyril Ramafosa has resurfaced online and here here explains and it's crystal clear the policy they have of confiscating land without compensation.
Speaker 11: The question of land, the land of our poor fathers and our poor mothers might return to our people. We found any failure, and we found any pavement of compensation.
Speaker 2: And perfect kosher. That certainly explains why Donald Trump has decided to pull funding for South Africa. But what is the rest of the international community doing, including Australia, because we're talking about farms being confiscated from white farmers and as you heard, they're no compensation.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I think this is an issue that angers certain parts, certainly the right side of politics, who have been crying for a while about the outrage machine seems to always be selected and trained on people who are disadvantaged, who have more melanin in their skin, and when somebody has lest melanin, like the white farmers of South Africa, it just feels like the response has been inadequate, especially from Christian countries that have very generous refuge in asylum policies like Australia, la like America. Can they do more or should they be doing more to take them in as well as punching back the way Trump is with sanctions, cutting off ed etc. So this president and some of his speeches are really really quite gyrant that his problem is that the richest man in the world and very famous person happens to be Elon Musk, who's really raising the attention on this issue, and we're going to see more of this.
Speaker 2: I think, well, I just can't understand why there's not just political pressure being put on South Africa. We saw during the apartheid era sporting teams refuse to travel. They are all sorts of international sanctions and all sorts of measures that can be taken to bring the country into line and say you can't institute racist policies. The rest of the world's not going to be okay with that. But when it's the other way, when it's whites being discriminated against, those sorts of measures are not at all employed other than by Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: That seems to be the only inference that many people are drawing. Like what is different because you're right, South Africa has been on the receiver and of huge sanctions from around the world when it was reversed.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Now let's have a look at more craziness from the UK. This story is causing shock waves. It shows just half far the UK has fallen in terms of valuing free speech. In January this year, six British police officers turned up to rest a couple mum and dad, who had criticized the policies of their daughter's school in emails and a WhatsApp chats group with other parents. So you can see that you can't get that many cops to show up if your house has been broken into in the UK, but they'll come for these supposed hate crimes.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: The couple were arrested in front of their crime child, detained for eight hours, and after a five week investigation, the case was closed no charges. And what's incredible here, Kosha is we still don't know And the parents say they don't know what they said that warranted this police attention, So they're not even told this is what you said that crossed the line or caused an offense or caused a complaint. I mean, this is not a first world country that values free speech.
Speaker 10: It's almost unrecognizable.
Speaker 8: And it's so sad because that value comes out of there, from the Magna Carta and everything else. So much of all of these institutions can be sourced back to England, and that's why I think it burns and hurts people so much more. Again, that JD Vance speech is aging very well, both the speech as well as when Kure Starmer was in the White House they sort of had a little back and forth and here Starmer said he's very proud of the heritage of the UK with free speech.
Speaker 2: For that.
Speaker 8: This does not shine that in a good light. It's also very or Willian sort of driving a wedge between parents and children sort of, and the States sort of coming into the right of a parent and parental rights, pushing back against to school and how their kids are being educated. So there's that layer on top of the free speech layer. And I hope this story doesn't die and we get some pressure put on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope there's at least some clarity around why these parents were targeted and staying in the UK. A new set of sentencing guidelines for UK judges is coming to effect and it encourages judges to be more lenient towards people from an ethnic or faith minority. Pretty Much everybody gets a discount except for you guessed it, white men. Even Kiir Starmer is against this lunacy.
Speaker 12: I'm disappointed in less response, and the Lord Chancer is obviously continuing to engage on this, and we're considering our response, and you know, all options are on the table, but I am disappointed at this outcome.
Speaker 2: The end result of this is if you're a white man, particularly a straight white Christian man, then you're going to receive a harsher sentence then if you're not. And it's not just the two tier justice system that we've seen in effect, this is now a sentencing recommendation.
Speaker 8: And that continues its official See also the war between the judicial brand. We're seeing that a lot in the US and the legislative branch run Stromer is objecting to it.
Speaker 10: And yet you see the other side where.
Speaker 8: The judicial branch wields a lot of power and they can do things like this to make life very difficult even if it maybe is not constitutional, and maybe some challenges will be broad. I hope that they are with that. And it's just more coming from the UK. It's really even a piece all that together with the earlier stories that you've covered, it feels again, oh.
Speaker 2: We've got more another example of the two tier justice system in the UK. A pro Palaestidian activists who spat in the faces of two police officers has walk free after she claimed it was an accident and that she was in fact aiming at the Israelis the counter protesters, but missed Kosher. This is incredible. We saw people locked up for being at anti immigration protests. We saw people receive jail sentences who didn't actually commit acts of violence themselves, but they were at violent protests. And then you say this someone walking free after spitting in the face of police officers.
Speaker 10: She sounds very charming.
Speaker 8: Yeah, since again that two tiered thing, whether it's official or unofficial, everybody understands it. And you know, you can look at a spectrum where I just think of San Francisco, where they've had a version of this after Black Lives Matter, they decriminalize things, especially.
Speaker 10: For certain groups of people.
Speaker 8: Everyone can see the outcome of what that's done to once great and iconic city, so much so that even the very progressive left wing of politics has tried to recall people and they're punching back a little bit. And then on the other end you have President bookle A and El salvad Or, who has very strict way of going after and prosecuting criminal behavior.
Speaker 10: This obviously isn't in that league.
Speaker 8: But the point is you can see what happens when you're soft on crime and then selectively soft on crime for certain groups. That is a recipe for very bad social implications. And then on the other side you have somebody who's really, really strict, and it can just completely improve the way of life over there.
Speaker 2: And we'll see absolutely. And when you've got these two t justices, we've seen it in the US, you'd argue it exists in Australia as well. It undermines trust in the system, and in the US certainly trust in those institutions plummeted. And it's part of the reason why Donald Trump was elected. He's been elected to remedy that koshergata. Thank you so much for your time today. Still to come, lefties losing it. Plus the polls are in on Trump's tariffs and deportation policy. B Tiel Gasagne is up next. Welcome back, and now it's time for lefties losing it now. I presume this next item was an April Fool's Day joke, but apparently it's real. Kamala Harris is set to be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to headline a real estate conference in Australia on the Gold Coast and wowee, one of those land rats love hearing and inspirational speech from this fine orator.
Speaker 13: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 2: You know, you think you just fell.
Speaker 13: Out of a coconut tree. You know when we talk about our children. I know for this group, we all believe that when we talk about the children of the community, they are a children of the community.
Speaker 2: We are watched.
Speaker 13: The television coverage of just yesterday. That's on top of everything else that we know and don't know yet based on what we've just been able to see. And because we've seen it or not doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but just limited.
Speaker 10: To what we have seen.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I miss sir. Now you may have heard of the concept of fatho where you f around and find out. Well, this nixt dude found out alright. Here he is being confronted by the owner of the tesla he vandalized. Allegedly, you just bought a.
Speaker 1: Test I can wipe it off.
Speaker 12: No, no, it's not, nor is hete crime suit.
Speaker 14: Did you write a swastika on I'm sorry you're upset.
Speaker 1: Did you write a it didn't even work.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you're upset. It didn't even work. Really, these lefties are vile. Let's go back to that interaction and see if this guy understands that the Fatho equation is real. The more you for Am, the more you're going to find out.
Speaker 1: It's at the police right now. It's being fingerprinted. What do you mean it's being fingerprinted because they were trying to track you down. Thankfully Facebook tracked you down.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm sorry for what and I apologize.
Speaker 15: I have nothing against for what are and I have nothing against you.
Speaker 16: So why did you write a swastika?
Speaker 17: Obviously I have something against Elon Musk, but that's.
Speaker 5: Not because we paid for it was so it was bought and paid for a long time.
Speaker 1: That's why it's misguided. And obviously I did not intend.
Speaker 9: To do this.
Speaker 2: Oh, he didn't mean to do it. He doesn't like a mask. Sceince been charged with a number of offenses, including criminal mischief and harassment. Now, this mindless vandalism from the left is nothing new, nor are attacks against cars. They've been doing it for years. It just wasn't directed exclusively to Tesla's in the past. Here is it, oldie but a good Yeah, Lefty court king at vehicle because it had a pro trump sticker. I think he's more scared of the wife than the cops. Imagine being married to this aging soy boy.
Speaker 18: The green Toyota tunder of pickup truck that you walked up to do I remember what you did? What did you do to it? Let's cor Actually, why was it? The bumper sticker? And she's got a sticker that says let's go Brandon or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it.
Speaker 18: Inferior admit that that's the only reason he did it. You don't know who owns this truck or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the only reason to it.
Speaker 15: A key?
Speaker 10: Do you know what key used?
Speaker 1: I'm guessing you know it's expensive to repaint the trunk. I'm gonna have to repaint the truck. Did You've been too true? But I leave a stick in the seats. Brothers, here's the unfortunates.
Speaker 18: She wants to press chargers. So I'm thinking to jail search nations around when you damage someone's property over one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: It's a felony.
Speaker 18: For a felony, criminal misship for heality, it's about six thousand dollars. Directing to Trump, he has to go to jail, and tomorrow morning we'll have first appearance in front of a judge.
Speaker 1: A fortunety, stupid, stupid, speaking, stupid, and.
Speaker 2: I regret to inform you that the all fools are at it again. All fools that stands for affluent white female lefties.
Speaker 16: It's time to speak up. They're rolling back segregation. They are rolling back segregation. To be clear, the Civil Rights Act of nineteen sixty four is still in place and has not been disbanded. But we know what their goal is. There is always step one in a process, and we absolutely know what their goal is.
Speaker 2: She must think if you repeat something, it makes it true. Let's hear it from this white savior and her fever dreams about Trump bringing back segregation like some sort of democrat.
Speaker 16: This time, white people, we are the ones that are going to be on the front crossing that bridge, Do you hear me? We are the ones that are going to stand in the streets. Our black countrymen have done their time at the front of the lines and it is our turn. It is our turn to face the water hoses, and to face the dogs, and to face the tear gas because we have let this happen.
Speaker 2: Not on my watch, not on her watch. Folks, imagine being so unhinged with fantasies about the return of segregation. Do these people have jobs? By the way, that video has had millions of views, gone viral on TikTok and elsewhere. Perhaps this next lady saw this video because she seems rather animated than thinks she's going to encounter white only signs across America.
Speaker 17: Let me walk into a business and see a weight only sign. I'm right, I'm about a way as they get.
Speaker 1: Look at how hell I am, ma'am, and.
Speaker 17: I will use every ounce of that white privilege. I've got to absolutely up their day.
Speaker 2: This next woman is perfectly okay with property being destroyed.
Speaker 19: Destruction of property is a perfectly viable source of protests. No harming humans. Obviously, human life is sacred, no matter whose it is. But property is These are just things. These are just cars.
Speaker 2: They're just cars. I wonder if she'd call the cops if I destroyed her Subaru? And bad news. White men, these aw fools will not date you. I just hope you can cope with the devastation and pick up the shattered pieces of your life.
Speaker 3: Friendly reminder as a white American woman, Yeah, I will no longer be dating white men. I'm looking for anything other than a white man. Okay, just a heads up.
Speaker 2: Yes, these women are just here in their own lunchtimes, and they are so divorced from reality that they have no idea how awful they appear to normal Babel, listen to this story.
Speaker 15: I found out today that somebody that I work with is a conservative, and he's somebody who's really intelligent, and he's somebody who works in climate tech as a super smark guy, somebody I would never have thought was conservative, and apparently he is. And it's surprising and it's disgusting. But what's most surprising to me is the level of sudden hatred that I have for him. Sudden hatred for this man who I used to respect suddenly just went poop, went boop, and I hate him.
Speaker 2: Now. Now to sixty minutes and Leslie Stall, who has rightly been criticized with this absurd question to American Israeli man Keith Segal, who was kidnapped and starved by her mass terrorists.
Speaker 9: I saw a sexual assault with female hostages.
Speaker 20: Keith says things got worse for him after Viva was released and that early ceasefire collapsed.
Speaker 9: The terrorists became very mean and very cruel and violent, more so, much more so. They were beating me and starving me.
Speaker 2: Do you think they starved you or they just didn't have food?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 9: I think they starved me and they would often eat in front of me and not offer me food.
Speaker 2: What in God's name was she thinking? Yes, that Hamas terrorists don't have food? Leslie? Do any of them look amaziated at their sea hostage handover rallies. Now, let's hear from the White House Press secretary, who is furnishing the hostile media with some unwelcome facts and figures about tariffs, tariffs imposed by other nations on US products.
Speaker 10: Look at the.
Speaker 21: Unfair trade practices that we have. Fifty percent from the European Union on American dairy, you have a seven hundred percent terraff from Japan. On American race, you have a one hundred percent terraff from India. On American agricultural you have nearly a three hundred percent terra from Canada on American butter and American cheese.
Speaker 10: This makes it.
Speaker 21: Virtually impossible for American products to be imported into these markets, and it has put a lot of Americans out of business and out of work over the past several decades. So it's time for reciprocity.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is journalists and author Batilla Gasa Gone Batia, Caroline Leavitt there giving them media some facts and figures. And there's polling today showing Americans think Donald Trump is too focused on tariffs and should be more focused on inflation. But the two issues are of course linked.
Speaker 14: Yes, absolutely, Thank you so much for having me read. It's great to be here with you. These are definitely linked. The reason inflation hits working class people so hard is because they don't have enough money not to notice it, not to notice the increase in prices. And the way that you fix that is.
Speaker 2: By getting them more money.
Speaker 14: And the way to get them more money it's not by simply raising taxes on the rich and redistributing it and giving them handouts they don't want that. It's by creating a marketplace in which the product of their labor is more expensive, and then their labor becomes more expensive, and then they get more money to take home. And of course this is win win for working class people. They make more money and then they are more competitive as consumers in the marketplace. The people who don't like this are massive corporations, Wall Street and other rich people who think they should be able to employ their neighbors for pennies on the dollar, for the kinds of wages they would never dream of working for. So you know, this whole tariff product is designed to help struggling working class Americans. So of course rich people are going to be very angry about it. They're supposed to be. Trump is waging class warfare against the elites on behalf of the working class. The elites are supposed to be very angry, and that's what you're seeing in Wall Street and in the stock market. You are seeing rich elites who hate Donald Trump punishing him for standing up for the American working class.
Speaker 2: And it's been interesting to see so many of the elites, so many of these left leaning, very earnest types, arguing for illegal immigration, essentially because who else is going to do those jobs at those wages. And it's the sort of argument you could have put forward to defend slavery, and that point seems to be lost on them, that this is neither good for the people you're bringing in or enticing to come in illegally to work for these low wages, and it's certainly not good for the American working class who are then also having to compete with illegal immigrants for those low skilled jobs.
Speaker 14: Yeah, remember Nancy Pelosi going out there and saying, but who will the crops? Or Jasmine Crockett. I know a favorite of yours, Rita, who a few weeks ago was giving a speech in which she said to the audience, nobody here wants their children to go into hospitality. I'm sorry, the majority of people who work in hospitality in America are American citizens by a wide margin. Why are you out there insulting people who do an honest job for a living, who work really hard, and you're out there sneering telling an educated audience, well, you would rather die than see your child go into this industry. What kind of a message does that send to your fellow Americans? And it's so connected to other crises we see the crisis in masculinity because effectively, what we did was we shipped five million very good, working class, class, masculine, macho manufacturing jobs overseas, and then we imported millions and millions of people into this country to work in genitorial service, landscaping, construction jobs that rely on brand, that used to be jobs that working class men could get a lot of dignity out of. And what message that sends them. This job is beneath the dignity of an American. Of course, men feel like they've been totally degraded in the marketplace, in the dating market, in society, and their families. It's really horrifying and the downstream effects of this are enormous.
Speaker 2: Now, with SAW polls released earlier today also showing that most Americans, despite the medium meltdown, are supportive of Donald Trump's deportation policy, with fifty eight percent backing that policy. And on the deportation front, there was this update again earlier today, complete with incredible footage. Let's have a look at this. It's like a motion picture of this stuff, but it is indeed real. It's seventeen gangbangers, the worst, the worst here, murderers and child rapists being transferred to El Salvadorbatia this policy, despite the media campaign, remains popular.
Speaker 14: Absolutely. How could you not cheer that, How could you not cheer like the humiliation of child rapists. This is a great day in America. And that video is testimony to yet another world leader getting on his knees and begging Donald Trump for a scrap of approval. And it's so amazing, Rita, because you would think that Americans would love that. They would love to see world leaders getting on their knees and begging Donald Trump for a scrap of approval because they know that he's going to put America first. But of course, as we know, you know, the liberal elites hate this. They love they worship weakness, they loathe power, and they loathe strength. So of course they're out there denouncing the proper treatment of gang bangers and child rapists. But we reader, we will rejoice now.
Speaker 2: I mentioned sixteen minutes a little bit earlier and this remarkable exchange.
Speaker 9: The terrorists became very mean and very cruel and violent, more so, much more so. They were beating me and starving me.
Speaker 2: Do you think they starved you or they just didn't have food?
Speaker 9: No, I think they starved me.
Speaker 2: On the same episode, we heard not just about the physical but also the psychological torture inflicted on hostages. This is Yadine Bibbers, whose wife and children were kidnapped and murdered.
Speaker 20: They were murdered in cold blood, bare hands, just to tell me, ah, doesn't matter. You get a new wife, get the new kids, better wife, better kids. They said that, Yeah, many things, many things.
Speaker 2: It's hot to fathom. Just had deprive that all is to tell a father his children you've murdered, don't bother graving them. You'll get better kids.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I mean it says a lot about hemas, which is that you know, human life means nothing to them. They cannot imagine being attached enough to wife or children they would actually grieve them. The Leslie Stall interview, the sixty minutes interview. You noticed what she did there, right, She was carrying water for Hemass. She was saying to him, did they really starve you? Are you sure they didn't just run out of food because.
Speaker 2: Of the evil Israelius?
Speaker 14: I mean, can you imagine at this stage carrying water for hemss? And the truth is is that the liberal mainstream media just cannot quit Hemass no matter what they do. There is some instinct in them that tries to rescue hamas, carry water for them, and rescue their reputation. It is unfathomable how the leftist mainstream media are the stenographers of terrorists.
Speaker 2: It is incredible that she would come up with that question and then keep it in the interview because as we know, they record hours, so there was no reason to keep that exchange. But obviously sixty minutes they thought that was a perfectly appropriate question to ask a man who's been tortured, starved, kept kid, kept hostage for those months, or maybe your captors didn't have food. I mean, we've seen the her mask captors at these disgusting handover ceremonies they have, and none of them are malnutrition are suffering from malnutrition. I would ask you about Defense Secretary Pete Hegzeth. He's upset the left again, this time with a tattoo. Reportedly, it's a new tattoo, It's in Arabic, and it's a symbol of defian and sah. Do you know what the meaning behind this tattoo and why it's enraging the left so much so?
Speaker 14: The tattoo says kafir, which means infidel, which is what Islamists call people who are fair game for being killed.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 14: The Islamist, the radical Islam that we have today that we're dealing with today is an imperialist vision. They want a world caliphate and they believe that they should be able to rule, and anybody who is an infidel is you know, fair game. Their life does not count for anything, and it is. It's his defiance. He's saying, come at me, come get me. I am exactly that thing that you fear and that you loathe and that you hate and that you want to kill. And I think, honestly, pretty cool, pretty sexy. I'm not above admitting that.
Speaker 2: It is actually an awesome tattoo. I don't have any tattoos, but I reckon that would be on the short list if I were to get one. That is just just a kick ass message right there. So it's saying to the extremist, I'm not ashamed, come get me. Yeah, it's no I've got to say. And if it's upsetting all the right people, that just makes it even better now. But Tea, I'm still not sure whether this next story is an April Fool's joke or not. It will certainly release this information well before April one here in Australia, and that is that Kamala Harris, Yes, the failed vice presidential candidate, is heading to Australia to a real estate conference. She's going to headline a real estate conference on the Gold Coast where she's rumored to be paid five hundred thousand I'm not sure whether that's US or Australian dollars to deliver one of her infamous word salads. Can you believe this?
Speaker 14: It's kind of a key hole, like a window into how the elites operate, which is, they confer upon each other credentials, and then for the honor of having those credentials, they pee each other a lot of money to listen to what each other have to say. And that's the whole game, really is. You go to an elite university, you get these elite credentials, you become part of the club. That credential was given to you by an equally godless empty headed you know, a moral a moral character. And then as a result of having that credential, you can then you know, do things like run for office even though you haven't been able to show any success, any accomplishments. And then you will simply fail up higher and hire and hire, at which point you will be able to ask for five hundred thousand dollars per word salad. And that really is the whole game of it. And I think that it is infuriating, and it should be infuriating. It's funny, but it's also there's something about it that is like, really, really, really insulting to people who actually work really hard and whose jobs actually matter. I mean, Kamala Harris, it doesn't matter if she knows what she's talking about at the end of the day. That's what we learned from her entire career. But there are people out there who make a fraction of what she made, whose jobs actually really matter, and if they mess things up, people die, you know, and what do they have to shure for it?
Speaker 2: This is going to be hilarious if this actually comes happens. I'm still in disbelief about it, I really am. And who's going to be buying tickets for this? I mean, the real estate agents probably just won't want to be on the Gold Coast for the big party. It's normally a bit of a junket from what I understand. They're not there for the speeches, but headlining Kamala Harris. Really, Now, before you go, I've got to ask you about Columbia University. New York Post reports that fresh from botching the response to the pro Palestinian protest on campus and the Trump administration threatening to pull four hundred million in federal grants, well, they may have fresh problems at Columbia, where once the once prestigious school having students not accept offers. This is, according to a top admissions consultant, this reputational damage that is hard to recover from Batia.
Speaker 14: There's the reputational damage. There's the fact that many Jewish students are not going to go there. I bet you also a lot of international students who really like Hamas are now thinking twice about applying to Columbia because they know that they're not going to get a pass. I wonder if that visa issue is also impacting the enrollment, because of course, these universities make a lot of money off of foreign students. So I think, you know, we're really seeing a sea change here, and it is one hundred percent the result of the Trump administration pulling off once again things that I thought were totally impossible, like trying to get elite universities to behave in a moral way.
Speaker 2: It is a new era in the US. Pattillonga Sagon, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much for having me. God bless you.
Speaker 2: Rita still to come. Libor accused of indulging in sexism misogyny in their election ad Stephanie Bastin has the details. Welcome back. Joining me now is Women's Forum Australia's head of advocacy, Stephanie Bastian. Stephanie, Let's start with Billboard Chris, a friend of this program. He is now in Australia. He's here for court hearings in Melbourne, along with social media platform x. Both of them are challenging the E Safety Commissioners censorship of a post expressing criticism of gender ideology and Australian transactivist Teddy Cook. This is a battle for free speech, steph It's one that a lot of Australians are not aware of. Tell my audience why this is important.
Speaker 22: All good Evening reader. Last year, Chris Elston, also known as Billboard Chris, posted a critique a criticism of the appointment of transactivist Teddy Cook and her appointment to a board to the World Health Organization drafting trans policy. The e Safety Commissioner demanded that it be removed. She said it was offensive, he used female pronouns. Cook is a biological female who now identifies as a man, and so she was unable to get it blocked from Twitter altogether, from ex altogether, but she GEO blocked it in Australia. So Elon Musk and X have filed to appeal this decision. The debate of the matter is whether or not it constitutes of cyber abuse. But at the end of the day, these positions of power need to be scrutinized the people going into these positions. Teddy Cook is a public figure. She's an activist, and so if she is looking to join boards and partake in boards that are going to have global influence, and there are certain questions ray about the things that she's posting on social media or the things that she advocates for, including tax funded surgeries with no limited age limit for them, then people are right to raise criticism and ask questions.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, nobody in a role like that should be above criticism. And I've seen the posts. They're not offensive and I think they're very much expressing a mainstream view and it's a problem in Australia if even mainstream views sometimes stating biological facts is deemed so offensive that these Safety Commissioner sees fit to have the post block to have Australians not be able to see it. Now, Steph, you've pointed out that while the Labor Party talks a big game on tackling sexism and misogyny, they're now using sexism certainly the objectifying of the female form in political ads like this.
Speaker 1: Authorized p ericson ALP camera.
Speaker 2: And they also had this one. Have you ever had this.
Speaker 8: Authorized p ericson ALP camera?
Speaker 2: It's certainly a curious way to be promoting many caare but is it just a bit of fun?
Speaker 10: Steph?
Speaker 22: Look, I don't know what's going on in the Labor social media department, but there's a lot of weird ads coming.
Speaker 10: Out at the moment.
Speaker 22: The heart of the matter is they're equating their policies to half naked women to appeal to voters. I mean that is old fashioned misogyny and sexism, and they are the one party that will constantly go on about it. They'll see it where it's not even there, and they're calling it out and they're criticizing, but quite clearly there's a double stand. If they think they can win a few votes, they're not afraid to use it, and I think it should be.
Speaker 10: Called out.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and you have done it on this program, Stephanie Bastian. Thank you so much for your time, and that's all the time we have tonight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Up next is Newsnight.