Speaker 1: Apod Shaped Production. Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Lad? Podcast? Continuously, we asked the same question, there's quite a lot of shame involved in parenting. Yes, there is, especially at the moment I'm like shaming myself for things like could I have done that better?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should I not be doing that in front of them? Or whatever it might be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I I was only talking to someone that has a little boy and he's only nineteen months old, and I was chatting with her because it's her first and she was like, oh gosh, and he was sick, and then I went, oh, should I send him shake here or shouldn't I?
Speaker 2: And then I have to take work off and did it like sin? She was, it was a really big thing.
Speaker 3: Said, I just feel like, you know, the mother guilt is just so heavy. And I was like, yeah, it's only your first one too. Like it does not go away, I said, if it makes you feel better mine at ten and twelve, I said, And I still tend to get it. I said, I just don't beat myself up as much as what I probably did when they were younger, Like.
Speaker 2: I clearly have to say, hand on heart, I.
Speaker 3: Don't beat myself up as much over the small you know, the whole don't sweat the small stuff.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I'd be a head case.
Speaker 3: I mean I have moments where I'm probably you know, I would be on the tendency of a head case.
Speaker 2: But like that's just because of my kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bad mum or embarrassing them.
Speaker 2: This is a standard.
Speaker 1: This is something that happened a couple of weeks ago when we were at the races, Big Girls say, out of.
Speaker 3: The races, Big Girls day Out.
Speaker 1: Can I just say just on that quickly For people listen to this podcast for a while, they'll know that I'm the one that likes to have one more drink and I'm the one that's like, I'll stay out later. Yes, and Rachel's very much the I'm done off, I go send myself to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, this particular.
Speaker 1: Day, you were on mighty fine form, thank you. So I had agreed to do a charity bike ride the next morning seven am.
Speaker 2: Yes, Rizzy, to debate. Good on you. I love that.
Speaker 3: I have to give you a salute for that because that was a mighty fine effort to be able to back up and do that the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely was a struggle, but got in the Maxi taxi yes, and got to our house and I think a couple of the people said, we're.
Speaker 2: All getting out.
Speaker 1: We're going to go go in the house and we're going to have read before bed drink. Everyone said just one, and I went, yeah, I think that's a great idea. I look at JJ's like, no, no, no, absolutely not. If they come in from one more drink, which won't be one more drink, it will be five. We are never getting up and doing that ride in the morning. Rachel ends up at.
Speaker 2: The pub shuts. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I wish I was doing the ride the next day because I was seeing you like you were giving me like the updates. I still just couldn't even take the donner off my head. I was just like laying in bed like I'd had delegated everything out to everyone else. Katie, Sam, Sorry, you'll need to take your daughter to this. You'll need to take your other daughter to this. Oh yeah, it's also my nephew's birthday party. Could you go to that on behalf of all?
Speaker 2: I wish I went home when you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you didn't. You partied on But what happened during the day is I had asked the girls if they could do a couple of jobs.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: One of the jobs included vacuuming the house. We've recently got a new vacuum. Because it doesn't matter how many of those fucking cordless dysons I try and buy and invest in because they're not cheap.
Speaker 2: They never work.
Speaker 1: I use them for maybe a month or a couple of months, and then they stop working. They stop sucking. I honestly r I changed the filter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on? Why? I don't know, but the onlys okay, yeap will digress.
Speaker 1: Okay, they hate me, So I've gone back to old school. Plug it in the electricity, Oh yeah, great, yeah, because then you know they're gonna suck. And you're chatting to somebody at this moment, and I've come and interrupted you because I am face timing my sixteen.
Speaker 2: Year old and I'm having flashbacks.
Speaker 1: You is trying to work out how you put the vacuum together. So it's the pulling the cord out of the and then it's the pieces together, tending the what do you call that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the head of the vacuum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they're extending it and then furnishing it to the hose thing yep, so that it's all together, because it's been in the cupboard so it's been dismantled.
Speaker 3: I'm concerned. I mean I'm concerned. I'm actually not that person when that comes to that stuff. I go, oh, gosh, that's all too hard. But it's actually it's so easy to put together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm on FaceTime and I'm at the races, drink in hand on FaceTime, trying to explain how you put the vacuum together, and it's made me giggle and I've gone, Rach, you're gonna die. Look, I'm on FaceTime trying to show her how to use the vacuum. I forget in this moment that I'm on FaceTime and she's hearing me say that to you. So she's got super upset. She's hung up. She sent me this missage. Oh my god. I read the message and I felt so bad laughing at me. I was just trying to do a good thing. I was like, oh my god, I feel terrible. No, so then I've sent a nice message back. Ah, I didn't know how to use that vacuum either, blah blah blah blah, and rage has decided to take my phone and send her this a video saying, so shall I play it?
Speaker 3: No, don't play it. I don't need to hear myself. I'll do a day of the races. I do now remember sending a video to say, I'm very sorry for laughing at you, but it's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: But it's like, but we get it.
Speaker 1: But the funny thing was she was she angrier after that. No, it was a nice video, and I was like, oh, that's a nice video, Like felt a bit better about the situation. What was funny is when I saw the video on my phone the next day in a sober LIGHTLD and I just went, hmmm. If I was a sixteen year old, I would be looking at that and I would roll my eyes and be like drunk mum.
Speaker 3: Drug mum's at the races. I thought I was tracking all right on that day. I thought by that stage I was. It all went downhill when we said a shim our way somehow into the members section, and that's where I felt like it went down. After that, we were still getting quite intact photos.
Speaker 1: My thing is, Holly actually said to me the other day. We said something about something was over eighteens, and she reminded me, oh, I'll be able to go there then next year, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I went, oh, it's going to be so much fun. We're going to go to retros together. She was like, I am not going to retros with you and your friends? Why not we.
Speaker 2: Get hanging with us? Were the cool cats.
Speaker 1: What's funny, though, is that it wasn't just Holly that didn't know how to use the vacuum. Because I asked Amelia to do some vacuuming the other day. She's bypassed the actual bit where the head is attached to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, whole part. Yeah, you just need to get a stick it and put the sticker on.
Speaker 3: And put one number one, stick number two, stick that, number three, stick that and just say put number one into number two into number three and they'll be fine.
Speaker 1: But what she's done is she's got the hose, the flexible hose part that's attached to the actual bloody into the head of the vaunt, know what the names of them are, The flexible hose part. She's put that straight in to you know, you get different attachments, different heads for it. Put that straight into the head, and then she's going, why is it so floppy?
Speaker 2: Why is it so ready? How do I get down and use that? It's just floppy.
Speaker 1: It's like you haven't put the actual, actual stiff part on it.
Speaker 3: That actually probably has a handle on it. Right If I'm thinking about my plugin dice in from home, it actually has a handle on it where you vacuum from And.
Speaker 1: I'm also very aware all the words we're using around vacuums because we don't know floppy, floppy, sucking, hard part.
Speaker 2: A vacuum cleaner, some up a vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 3: In ten words, floppy, sucky, hard, long, hard part, not very good, didn't do the job, doesn't suck anymore. It's like me, sounds like a marriage.