Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne, Melbourn.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 3: Gonna be great, gonna be a good day.
Speaker 2: This is Jason Lauren. No, you're one hundred. Well, good morning everybody, and happy mon Good morning, morning Standad, good morning.
Speaker 3: Excited. Were you for the cool change? Jase Friday?
Speaker 1: She was warm today, so nicee. I thought Friday was hotter Saturday a little overcasting.
Speaker 3: It made a bit muggy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did.
Speaker 3: Friday love the heat though. I was loving it.
Speaker 1: You should have seen me Friday afternoon in the Lilah in the pool, little Corona in hand living.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We had a little Christmas party and and well it was close to home, so we're walking and Paul was like, don't worry, the cool changes come in.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh Jesus, how do you know that?
Speaker 4: And he was downstairs on the couch watching the races and he goes, oh, the commentator is on the races just said it. And I was like, he's in Adelaide. I was like, there's a cool change in Adelaide. It's still hot as balls here.
Speaker 2: That'll come tomorrow, yes.
Speaker 3: But it was really muggy yesterday too. It's like humors.
Speaker 1: You know what I realized because I bought one of those lilas where you're half in the water and half out.
Speaker 2: It's a mesh.
Speaker 1: It's got mesh and then inflatable around the side.
Speaker 2: It's nothing.
Speaker 1: It's not the most attractive look. It's like a man in a bath. Half goes down. Look good in.
Speaker 3: You know it's called a bath.
Speaker 2: A man in a bath nothing.
Speaker 3: Worse than a man in a bar. It's a silent f there's no f in bath.
Speaker 2: I think of one. It's the city right now is blanketed in fog. I know it's quite dangerous.
Speaker 1: That's going to cause dramas. So if you are flying, make sure you are log on a check that the flights are going to be running on time. My family flew back from sit On yesterday a little bit.
Speaker 3: They got to lay. Yeah, a lot of the flights have been delayed this weekend.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I kept calling him bomb threats, but they eventually let the plane.
Speaker 3: Did you you had a weekend at home with just one child?
Speaker 2: Yes? Were you waiting at the airport with signs and balloons? Not balluss the bath?
Speaker 1: I couldn't get to an airport.
Speaker 3: He's in the bath. There was no time to pick up the balloons.
Speaker 2: Clar you look tired. Have you been watching the cricket all week? Watching the cricket? Now I'm crying. I'm crying many tears for Australia. Were ship and on? Who are they playing?
Speaker 3: I didn't even know the cricket was just down the country India?
Speaker 5: Oh and where are we playing India?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: Perfect? Perfect, smarter? They need five hundred and twenty two runs to win and they've only got seven wickets in hair. So there's a chance, there's a chat. There's always a chance.
Speaker 3: Why we no good anyway, we talk about it next. But I love cricket.
Speaker 2: Chat.
Speaker 3: You know how much I love cricket.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna we're gonna have a chat about the cricket coming up to see Also, guys, it's.
Speaker 3: Tailor week.
Speaker 2: This time.
Speaker 1: Next week, one of our Melbourne listeners will be over in Canada, Vancouver for the final night, the closing night of the years.
Speaker 2: To her, how good she's done six shows there?
Speaker 3: How do you know how many shows she's done on the tour?
Speaker 1: Five hundred? No, I think, no, no, no, just shive two hundred?
Speaker 4: Oh really, my god, I don't know how she does at night after night. I was exhausted after going once.
Speaker 2: You know, my favorite is Saturdays, we've got the pista.
Speaker 3: You don't think she does.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's on the margie she looks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My favorite of those video on line where it's like the car convoy leaving the stadium or on the way in with the people just postgoing the Queen's here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seriously, one hundred and fifty two shows she's done. Wow, well you could be at that final show of Taylor Swift. Will be announcing on Friday. Five more or really yeah, five more days to get the running four days, five days, four four days to get in the running. On Friday, we'll be announcing the winner.
Speaker 1: After seven o'clock this morning, we will give you a chance to get on the standby list. So we've got a lot coming up on the show today, including your chance to win a cheeky thousand dollars before six thirty this morning, So keep listening, we'll tell you how you can win that. And Singing superstar James Blunt is in Melbourne and he.
Speaker 2: Caught up with gen Z.
Speaker 3: Oh, he said, gen Z, twenty year old.
Speaker 1: Producer, why do you hear how that chat went coming up on nov.
Speaker 2: Weather screens change every day, don't they.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it cloud's about Well that's because the weather changes every now, but.
Speaker 1: More like just the sometimes the level. Sometimes I'll you know, I do sympathize. Thank you, Clint, thank you. So I'm trying to find that iPhone setting where I can change it from light to dark.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can change the background of yours. I've got a dark setting. I'm light.
Speaker 1: Look so, so if you open your iPhone right, see how it's like you're going.
Speaker 3: To text black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can go light, can't.
Speaker 2: You know that?
Speaker 1: No, I'll tell you something that's going to blow you.
Speaker 2: It's really cool. Actually, I quite light the dark setting.
Speaker 3: No, why do you do the dark?
Speaker 1: Because he thinks he's young and cool and I've never seen that. You know what, Clinton, You and I are about one year off from going.
Speaker 2: Maybe I could hear them laughing in the airlock. I enjoyed it too.
Speaker 3: At all. The opposite.
Speaker 2: I'm dressed in full black, you are not in cricket whites.
Speaker 1: You're also a year off using the enlarged text.
Speaker 4: As soon as I know, no enlargement, bring back the BlackBerry I say, I love the BlackBerry.
Speaker 1: You're the only one at that campaign.
Speaker 4: No, Paris Hilton had hers for a long time, sheets for like one hundred years after everyone else.
Speaker 1: Really, okay, hey, let's talk your favorite subject.
Speaker 7: Isn't that the sound of summer? What it used to be when the cricket was on Channel nine? But now who loves cricket?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: Well this should be fun, Lauren.
Speaker 2: You come from a family of some cricketers.
Speaker 3: I do, Yes, I do. My stepdad is a very good cricketer.
Speaker 2: It was a very played a Test for Australia. It's pretty big.
Speaker 3: Does that mean he had a bag your green?
Speaker 2: He's got a baggy, a bag of green, bag of green?
Speaker 1: This cricket think sounds like a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: All right. So at the moment Australia and dies straight three for twelve chasing, well, they need another five hundred and twenty two runs to win.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of runs.
Speaker 2: Is that possibles? Yes, yes, it is. Well anything is possible, isn't it? Well?
Speaker 1: Yes, but no, bring back Bradman. He would have done it.
Speaker 7: Just you know, when you're when you're chasing that sort of target on a fourth day, pitch you're in you know chance right, I've got a list of words here or cricket that.
Speaker 2: It's a bit easy. How's that? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: You're out?
Speaker 2: Well, you called it. You're appealing for a wicket, that's you know, you're it's an appeal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like Showy got him? I know, okay, I know be a snake, do you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: All the up participated in Aber Snake? How the community feeling it is?
Speaker 3: Thirteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirteen edit one day International.
Speaker 3: I don't know out one of them.
Speaker 1: I'd like to get seats in that pool they set up.
Speaker 2: Oh really, it's at the Gabba Gabba.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's like a pool that they've set up on the boundary line and people sit in the.
Speaker 2: Pool boundary rope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the ground on the field.
Speaker 1: It's like a little makeshift pool.
Speaker 3: Would anyone want to do that?
Speaker 2: Because it's hot and safety on the bus and.
Speaker 4: Then you've got one hundred thousand people looking at you and your board shorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you've got a rig right there, you get down at the stadium yack.
Speaker 2: In limited overs cricket, there is a method they use called the Duckworth Lewis method. What is it?
Speaker 3: That's when you go out for zero.
Speaker 2: Now that's a duck. But you know what, I'll give you points for trying Jase the Duckworth Lewis method. What does it mean?
Speaker 1: You quack to throw the opposition off, like in the Mighty Ducks when they get quack. That's quare quack quack quack quack, and then the Indians are like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Then got him?
Speaker 3: I'm guessing that as just incorrect. Duck.
Speaker 7: The Duckworth Lewis method happens when it rains, so they reduced the overs of a match wet weather. All yeah, basically, so the chasing team has a target to get in less over some Lewish person it was, you know.
Speaker 1: I like Ducky because he wanted to shorten the game.
Speaker 3: Interesting that the Ducks don't want to be out in the rain though.
Speaker 2: Lauren, why do you raise the bat when.
Speaker 3: You get a hundred?
Speaker 2: Correct? You do this?
Speaker 3: You weiitra.
Speaker 2: Retiring or fifty? Are you doing for fifty or one hundred and fifty or multiple fifty?
Speaker 1: Put it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go bigger.
Speaker 3: On one hundred hundreds of big one.
Speaker 1: I remember Babe Ruth used to use the bat and point to the stand where he's going to do the home run.
Speaker 2: He did pre pre pitch. Yeah, do you ever do that?
Speaker 1: Increase?
Speaker 3: And he'd say where it was going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah he just told the bat out. He always go straight there, right over the fence. Oh rum, how's that anyway? Wrong? Sport? Last one? What's a man cad?
Speaker 8: At?
Speaker 2: A man cad thing over you? Okay?
Speaker 4: That's the man cad is the human that comes out with the water boy, the.
Speaker 3: Man he's a man caddy carrying the drinks.
Speaker 2: It's not a box and it's not a drinks caddy. Do you one more?
Speaker 3: Go a man cad? Is it?
Speaker 4: If you get so tired that they put you in one of those buggies of shame, like at the airport and they drive you off.
Speaker 1: Like carting you around a man caddy?
Speaker 3: That makes sense, It.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, but it's it's a it's a you can go out via a man cad. Basically, if you're out of your crease, the bowler can come in as a ball and knock the bails.
Speaker 3: Across the line. Well done. That is cricket one O one from Clintonton Away.
Speaker 2: We used to play like a man beach cricket.
Speaker 3: You've done two hundred drums.
Speaker 4: You should get a caddy, a little they drive you off.
Speaker 2: They need that little caddy.
Speaker 1: They've got the golf course that goes around the airport, that big, great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he comes, Cheryl to Jim Bib.
Speaker 3: We are up to date with all.
Speaker 2: The So if you're out, what do you say?
Speaker 5: Got him coming up later on this morning, James Blunt is in town and we sent our twenty three year old producer gen Z, who had no idea who he was, to go and catch up with him.
Speaker 2: Take a listen to how it went.
Speaker 6: No, but they originally told me I was interviewing JB. I thought, oh my god, I'm so sure. I let go to get like sung, like one less loanly girl, like baby, but I think I think you're beautiful.
Speaker 8: We fine, Yeah, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: He's such a nice guy. He's such a nice guy. She even want to go party.
Speaker 3: Actually walk in and sad I thought I was interviewing Justin Bieber.
Speaker 1: And then backed it up with this, have you ever had a wet pussy shot?
Speaker 8: I'm sure I probably haven't.
Speaker 9: If I haven't, I'm definitely open to it.
Speaker 3: It is one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Do that now, he sounds scared. We could do it.
Speaker 3: I want to do that now, love his voice. Oh my gosh, I can't. So just some backgrounds.
Speaker 4: We sent our twenty year old producer who had never heard of James Blunt to do a James Blunt interview and it's coming up later and I haven't heard it yet, but I've heard it is glorious to listen.
Speaker 1: Why I'm all for it. But coming up next, how would you like to score yourself a cheeky thousand dollars thanks to Cogan Get an awesome Black Friday deal at Cogan dot com with up to seventy percent off a range of TVs, tech appliances and more. Cogan dot com Black Friday sale on now. That is clicking awesome, And I'll tell you how grand could be yours next on over, guys, Black Friday sales are coming up.
Speaker 4: I know. I'm confused though, because I feel like they've already been on for a week.
Speaker 1: That's what they do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh no, it's still going ye, don't worry. So Black Friday is like two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A lot of businesses do that, but the big one is this Friday?
Speaker 2: Buy a lot of stuff you don't need doing at the moment. You Christmas shopping mind some skincare.
Speaker 3: I did some Black Friday shopping.
Speaker 2: Well, I purchase something for you guys.
Speaker 1: That you have never had on Black Friday. Yep, I've really heard wait till Friday. No, I'm going to give it to you inside the next ten minutes. First though, Jason Lawrence, Yeah, we are doing a nose rush. This is a bit of fun and it is all thanks to our mates at Cogan. You could score one thousand dollars cash. How this works is we are going to tell you a household item. You will get thirty seconds to find it and let us hear it down the phone line. If we do, you win the money.
Speaker 3: It's pretty easy. Our player today Brooke from Clyde Morning.
Speaker 4: Brookie, Hey guys are going we are thank you now. You know how this works here thinks So that's confidence.
Speaker 1: Hey, brook tell us about yourself.
Speaker 2: Who do you live with?
Speaker 1: Fe many in the house.
Speaker 10: It's just my partner and I. I'm twenty eight and my partner's thirty. No kids, yes, not married?
Speaker 3: You all right, well, this isn't appliance. You definitely get it.
Speaker 1: She will definitely have this now, Brook, a big house, wall house. What are we talking?
Speaker 10: Street? Bedroom to bathroom too living.
Speaker 2: I'll be very shocked if you can't know this in thirty seconds. For one thousand dollars, you have thirty seconds for us to hear you find and turn on a hair dryer, start the clock.
Speaker 1: We're away. What room you're running to?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: On Sweete, go Go go go, Brook?
Speaker 1: Do you normally pack it up and put it away?
Speaker 2: Or what will be out on the bench like my wife's shy.
Speaker 4: He see, even if it's messy in me on suite, we always know where to find exactly what we need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't answer, Brook. Do you normally leave it on the bench or is it wrapped up?
Speaker 10: It's wrapped up on the side of my on three drawer, so I have to get it out.
Speaker 3: And I have to plug it into the You did well mirror?
Speaker 2: Did well, girl friend? You did well?
Speaker 6: Rookie.
Speaker 2: You can get an awesome Black.
Speaker 1: Up Friday deal at Coogan dot com dot or with up to seventy percent off a range of TVs tech appliance as a more Cogan dot com Black Friday Sale Now on that is clicking awesome and brook from Clyde thousand dollars or yours?
Speaker 2: Thanks, got on your Brookie. I would say, what would you say?
Speaker 1: I would say you and Clint are cultured. Right, you both traveled the world, right, You've experienced a lot of things.
Speaker 4: That's the nicest thing you've ever said to it. I'm not done, okay, but we're worldly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say you are both worldly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, However, sometimes.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have the street cred that someone like me growing up in the rough suburbs would have. Oh there is something you guys haven't experience that I would say most dozzies have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do, sapboard screen street.
Speaker 1: I'm going to add some street cred to you next. So look, guys, I grew up in Brisbane, a bit rougher up.
Speaker 3: There, right, Yeah, my fiance is from Brizzie boy.
Speaker 2: I mean it's very when you say rougher, it's very nice. Still, it's nice.
Speaker 3: There's rough parts of every.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't have the style we have here in Melbourne. How'd you just describe poor your fiance when you met him?
Speaker 3: He used to wear lots of bright colors. Who used to just like Willie Wonka.
Speaker 2: He came to.
Speaker 3: Melbourne, he was navy, black, gray and white.
Speaker 1: You know why because she goes. I flogged those colors out of him and now he absolutely did.
Speaker 3: Smacked the color out of him. So you can keep your personality, just not that shit.
Speaker 1: So now he wears dark clothes and looks depressed. Fits him with the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: There's one thing that I mentioned on the show last week, and you guys were like, what what You didn't get your head around it or understand?
Speaker 3: Well, I can't. I actually can't remember.
Speaker 1: It was in relation to when you run out of fuel, and I said this stiphening fuel out of the calf of the lawn mower. We sucked the pipe and then just as the fuel comes out, he quickly put in the Jerry kid.
Speaker 3: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Do you not know? Brodie? You know what I'm talking That day you got a sucklck.
Speaker 3: No, I never saw, don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like it's a thing he's still ain't getting.
Speaker 4: You were talking if you run out of fuel, and you were saying, you like siphon the petrol.
Speaker 2: Out of a car, have a car, but you suck it out.
Speaker 3: Sucking it out in the hose. What if it goes in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the technique.
Speaker 2: You've got to go danger. Yeah, yeah, there is. And as soon as you.
Speaker 1: Feel the fuels coming, quickly take it out of your mouth and put in the jerry can and they'll start running.
Speaker 3: Because it's lower. Yes, it's gravity thing.
Speaker 2: Bring in the jerry can.
Speaker 3: I'm not sucking petrol out of any.
Speaker 1: I thought we'd give it a go today.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Is that what a jerry can looks like?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I always thought it was more like the watering cans.
Speaker 7: I've seen some jerry cans and that's a big that's a big baby, right.
Speaker 4: That's he's already doing it because you've got the hose down.
Speaker 1: I just got some fuel on my shoes.
Speaker 2: It's not got fuel in it. Yeah, no's not fuel.
Speaker 1: We're gonna need a bucket.
Speaker 3: So he's bought a giant jerry can in and he's put a hose in it.
Speaker 1: I need a bucket to put the fueling. Are playing Zoelander when planks? I'm not sprain petrol over the studio?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to have You should have done that twelve months ago that old studio looked like it already had around. Okay, all right, so what you have to do if you have to.
Speaker 3: But I thought you said it was a clear hoose so you could see.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes you can't get a cley hoose. That's why you use you cut a little bit in your teens. You never cut a little bit of the garden hose up?
Speaker 3: Was my style?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, from glen Waverley.
Speaker 3: Maybe same. Some of my brother's mates might have done that though.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna have the jerry can a little bit?
Speaker 2: Hang on, are you going to give it a her now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's doing it.
Speaker 2: We're not doing it after you do it. I'm not touching lips.
Speaker 1: Do you want to have a hood? First? You have heard first name?
Speaker 2: What about Lauren?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not honing on the I'm not putting the parking No, I'm not putting the hose in my mouth. And there's no way I'm letting that be a video that lives on the internet for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: All right, No, national television, it's different.
Speaker 1: You lost your credibility years ago. All right, So is it actually going here?
Speaker 2: We go?
Speaker 4: You need to It's not petrol. Surely, come on clean, stop whispering. We're live on the radio.
Speaker 1: Dar It's not water.
Speaker 2: Hang on, sorry, Brady, it's diesel. It's diesel.
Speaker 3: Okay, he was cheaper, is it actually?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 1: You need to suck?
Speaker 3: No, don't. You can't get what if he gets it in his mouth?
Speaker 2: He won't in his mouth.
Speaker 1: You can use my water. Okay, Look, you gotta go, and as soon as you feel the liquid coming down the pipe, quickly chuck it in the pans.
Speaker 3: Okay, go clin, go, go go.
Speaker 1: This is going to make your man.
Speaker 3: This is here he goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, ready, he's stiffing it.
Speaker 3: He's not sucking. My god, he's sucking. He's sucking. He panicked.
Speaker 1: You couldn't close.
Speaker 2: Come on clear.
Speaker 3: Okay, you go, Jay, show us how you do it.
Speaker 4: Here we go, all right, Jason, Oh my gosh, if you could see his face is down on his knees.
Speaker 3: He's sucking. He's sucking. He's sucking. He's sucking. He's sucking. He's sucking. Here we go. Come on, bro, he's not doing a very good job. He can't do it.
Speaker 1: This is a full plate.
Speaker 3: Give me, put your money where your mouth, give.
Speaker 1: Me a second, the post is very long.
Speaker 3: Oh they put a whole hose in there.
Speaker 2: I'm exhausted from doing that. Okay, it's like I was a r B T.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he's going again. All right, here go brother. Okay, he's sucking. He's trying to siphon the fuel.
Speaker 2: He can't do it.
Speaker 3: He can't do it. After he bagged dude.
Speaker 2: He can't do it, not as.
Speaker 3: He can't. If I can do.
Speaker 4: It, actually, all right, producer, Brody's going to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you get in there.
Speaker 3: It didn't go right, It didn't go well, what are you doing? It didn't go well?
Speaker 2: Okay, experiment.
Speaker 1: So that's what you do if you run out of feel.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just think that. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: I think he was only watering there. My dad used to do that all the.
Speaker 1: Time's don't worry.
Speaker 3: It was only water. We're just playing.
Speaker 1: It was diesel.
Speaker 2: No, it was water.
Speaker 3: You may not have been diesel.
Speaker 2: It was deesel.
Speaker 3: That's what you use, are you all right?
Speaker 2: Bro do?
Speaker 1: So it was this time on for Friday, we're talking about where have you run out of fuel? It's happened to it's happened to me.
Speaker 4: What about that guy that called that on his second day of having his driver's license run out.
Speaker 2: Of field with the We did have a lady.
Speaker 1: She didn't get to air, but she she ran out of fuel twice, ran out of feel once, went and got a jerry can, filmed it up to get home. Ran out of fuel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the same day.
Speaker 1: And then there was you that said, you've never run out of fuel until you realize do you drive an electric cave?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Got you copped it on the social.
Speaker 4: No, what I said, I hadn't run out this week coming I throw it out of fuel in one week.
Speaker 1: We are about to launch a service here in Melbourne that you are going to love. Next You've got Jason Lauren Clint here as well. Listen, we're just talking about whenever you run out of fuel. I was just teaching you guys how to do the old one, suck out of a jerry cannon.
Speaker 2: You call it. What's the method called siphoning?
Speaker 1: Is it siphoning?
Speaker 2: Is it? Surely that it's named after someone?
Speaker 1: And you know what, that's when they started locking fuel caps on cars, because back in the eighties people are going around and sip Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: Well, it was around this time last week that we asked you on thirteen, twenty fourteen, where and when have you broken down? Turns out it happens to a lot of our listeners that they run out of Petrolhon.
Speaker 2: I run out in McDonald's drive.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a rock bottom.
Speaker 1: They push you to the waiting bay of shame?
Speaker 2: Arlie run out? Did you get the bumper truck push you the rest of the lie on the bumper truck of show?
Speaker 12: Let me tell you, I'm about hold about ten meters from the end of the tunnel.
Speaker 2: I can see the light.
Speaker 11: I can see the.
Speaker 13: Lights in my castole.
Speaker 1: I am very proud to say we are launching an initiative.
Speaker 4: Finish Yeah, because we realized a lot of our listeners have a bad habit of running out of sport. Well, you two both ran out of field last week, both of you myself.
Speaker 1: So Melbourne, we got you back.
Speaker 2: If you've been an ass and you've run out of gas.
Speaker 14: Jason Lawrence roadside assistance.
Speaker 2: If it's between six and nine, we get to you on time.
Speaker 14: Jason Lawrence roadside assistance.
Speaker 2: So how this is going to work?
Speaker 7: He needs to Jerry, can we need a jerry can.
Speaker 1: So we are going to have a jerry can full of fuel. We've got a jerry care yeah, yea, yep, We've got a jerry can full of fuel. We're going to have the Nova car fully fueled up and ready to go.
Speaker 2: It all the time.
Speaker 3: So who out there needs us? Who needs a jerry can fuel?
Speaker 1: And if you run out of fuel between six and nine, you can ring us thirteen twenty four to ten and we will dispatch one of the team with a jerry can.
Speaker 3: Ask for jas Lawrence roadside.
Speaker 2: Yep, we'll be there now. I will point out.
Speaker 4: By the way thirteen twenty fourteen, if you're sitting on the side of the road because you run out of petrol this morning?
Speaker 3: Is it you have? You run out of field? It's early pre seven am.
Speaker 2: Grim.
Speaker 7: The irony in me taking place in a petrol rescue, given how many.
Speaker 4: Times you're an expert at send you, how do you know how Tory can mate?
Speaker 2: If Jenny rings and goes home in the Burnley and it's flashing, Clint will be like, you can make it.
Speaker 7: Did we get a call last week someone who filled their car up with a jerry can because they ran out of fuel and then they ran out of fuel, driving.
Speaker 3: To Yes twice in one day.
Speaker 1: Now, can I just a couple of bit of house cares a bit of housekeeping here? We don't do keys locked in the car?
Speaker 9: Why not.
Speaker 4: Get the coat hanger out? Brodie would know how to break into a car to get a coat.
Speaker 1: You know how to start a car as well to get away from the cops. Only doing fuel, We're just doing fuel.
Speaker 2: We're doing diesel and look we're not diesels. We're going to do It's tricky to get out of the pump.
Speaker 3: We're just going to do our best. You know, we can't guarantee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason Lawrence Roads, We'll.
Speaker 4: Just do our best, so we don't guarantee it is it is unletted fuel.
Speaker 2: Lonely, I think we start with fuel and we'll start with that.
Speaker 3: Do you know about the EV drivers out there that might need a battery?
Speaker 1: That's that's on then felt they can bring the ABC. Do you know what they do in Dubai?
Speaker 3: What are they doing?
Speaker 2: That's a ten out of ten from you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm not really got the giggles today, haven't you live? Real fire slapper?
Speaker 1: In Dubai they have a truck that you can order like Uber and it comes round with a big tank on the back and feel your car up in your driveway. So on a Sunday night when you're sitting there going, oh, I'm gonna have to get fuel on the way to schoolmorrow and everything you ring mister petrol, he pulls up, fills up.
Speaker 2: They got it everywhere in there Middle East.
Speaker 3: So you don't need that because you've got us. Can we play the jingle again?
Speaker 1: Yeap? Jason Lawrence Roadside Assist where.
Speaker 3: We're just doing our best.
Speaker 2: If you've been an ass and you've run out of gas.
Speaker 14: Jason Lawrence Roadside Assistance, if.
Speaker 2: It's between six and nine, nice, we'll get to you on time.
Speaker 14: Jason Lawrence Roadside Assistance.
Speaker 2: Welcome morning everyone, and welcome to you Monday. What have we got three weeks left of school?
Speaker 3: Something like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when school goes through to the fifteenth, Yeah round then, yeah, three weeks left.
Speaker 3: I know who's more excited? The kids are the parents?
Speaker 2: Kids?
Speaker 1: My god?
Speaker 4: Thing and article the other day that was like what not to gift your teachers an inter of youew, thank you, and it was like teachers represent we don't.
Speaker 3: Want any more I'm the best teacher ever.
Speaker 2: Months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got no more room for the best teacher ever.
Speaker 1: Mind Margarita mix and say cheer for the year. Yeah, you know what I mean. Last two weeks of school. What are you doing? Cleaning desks, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, the excitement on the last week of school. I still remember it like I'd get butterflies because it'd be warm, you'd be excited.
Speaker 2: Felix has got a school camp next week at the.
Speaker 3: End of the year. Yeah, interesting timing.
Speaker 1: For two nights. I was like, why just do two nights? You might as well stay there for the summer break.
Speaker 3: Send him too, summer camp. Yeah, that's very a very like us.
Speaker 2: Thing is twenty first of December. What the kids do? It's late.
Speaker 1: Not all the schools.
Speaker 2: That's an extra week for.
Speaker 3: You can't it's very close to Christmas.
Speaker 1: No, I might go to Christian School God one of the.
Speaker 4: Twenty fifth of November, so exactly a month away from Christmas. Good timing for these Black Friday says, Hey.
Speaker 2: Guys, huge hour coming up.
Speaker 1: It is Taylor Swift week here at Nova. That's right coming up inside the next sixty minutes. Inside the next sixty minutes, we are going to give you a chance of winning your way to Taylor Swift. That's right.
Speaker 2: It is the closing night of the Eras Tour.
Speaker 3: It's finally coming to an end.
Speaker 2: I know, and you could be there.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is listen out to Nova and we will put you on the standby list. I'll tell you now, it's going to be be four eight o'clock this morning, so keep listening and we will.
Speaker 2: Tell you when she's already crying. Taylor coming up next though.
Speaker 1: This is a horrific story. We'll go there next.
Speaker 2: I want to take you to Tasmania this morning. On the spirit of Tasmania.
Speaker 1: I am massively into tasy Pinos at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'd love it.
Speaker 3: No, the winery is a great and Tazzi. Yeah, beautiful hotels, beautiful restaurant.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to jeese as well. He'd love the team getting.
Speaker 3: Into cheese like bougie cheese.
Speaker 1: Which is ironic because my dad was pulled the cheese man cheese on. Yeah, that's why, because they used to import cheese and sell at the shops. That was their business. Yeah, and I never ate it one so it was a.
Speaker 2: Fridge full of cheese. Good, it's my paradise cheese.
Speaker 3: You love a Chile.
Speaker 2: Are the people at Meredith's doing big tubs at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got a big tub noats.
Speaker 3: I sent it to Clint. I was like, we've got to.
Speaker 2: Go to trug I'll show you factory.
Speaker 1: Meredith's goats cheese. You can I put it on pizza.
Speaker 2: Wait until you see the tub at sixty bucks on special.
Speaker 1: When you open it, though, how long does it last?
Speaker 2: Well? How long could you eat it? How quickly can you eat it? That's look a question.
Speaker 3: It's a twenty twenty four bucket bonanza.
Speaker 4: Two kilo bucket equals jars of Meredith's.
Speaker 3: It's dairy. You'd love that.
Speaker 4: It's just a special thing they're doing for Christmas. We have to go to traggon Nina traugon Na. It's in Tragan Nina sixty Yeah. I know it's money and a lot.
Speaker 1: Of it actually says absolutely bargain.
Speaker 4: But when you think about how much each charkos. Because I love that stuff. You can have it on anything, Have it on salads, have it on Bikie's.
Speaker 2: Pizzas, have it on pizza. It's a Black Friday chees for your past us.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Meredith. Shout out Meredith, you're doing a good job.
Speaker 2: Should we head back to Tasmania.
Speaker 3: To say it was Saturday, the thirtieth of November. We missige.
Speaker 2: That's that's a tea.
Speaker 3: There's any leftover?
Speaker 1: Real roller coaster?
Speaker 3: I forgot? Oh no, we haven't had the thirtieth of November yet. Tell me the twenty fifth of.
Speaker 2: I told you it's a real roller coaster. This show. Let's say back down the roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Imagine if we turn on Meredith, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to go this weekend, clear diaries.
Speaker 1: Let's flash forward to next Monday. Guys, you know what we forgot to day?
Speaker 3: Got the bloody cheese sale.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going to Tasy not for cheese.
Speaker 2: But as I say, the roller coaster is heading downward. Because a man, a sixty nine year old man, was holidaying in Tasmania. He's from Lithuania, in the Eastern Bloc of Europe. He's kayaking with friends when his leg became wedged between rocks in the river rapids. He was trapped on the Franklin River. Nowhere to go. That leg was going nowhere so after several attempts to free him, they had to make the horrible, horrible decision to amputate od.
Speaker 3: It's like that movie one hundred and twenty seven hours.
Speaker 4: Yes, where they went he went rock climbing, Yes, and got stuck with the army.
Speaker 1: That is chess like.
Speaker 2: But think about that's not even a that's.
Speaker 7: Well, thankful this fellow had help. There was help at hand. He didn't have to do it himself. It wasn't a home job. But he's now recovering in hospital, thankfully. Sparked quite the rescue effort question.
Speaker 2: Question, Remember, they've still got plenty of cheese. Would they leave the leak there?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: What do you mean what's stuck between the rocks? No, they'd retrieve it.
Speaker 1: Well, if they could retrieve it, they would have got him out.
Speaker 2: No, but it might be easy to wedge.
Speaker 1: And you're like, well, why any that right?
Speaker 2: I don't know forever surely not.
Speaker 3: But all I'm saying is I think they would try and get Yeah, they would in the remaining body.
Speaker 1: You see where I'm coming from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I just my brain doesn't go.
Speaker 2: Horrendous, isn't it? Horrendous? Situation?
Speaker 1: Goodness at the end of the day. If you're the one in that situation and they go, mate, we have to amputate, but you're going to live, of course, you know what I mean, surely.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what a story. Jeez, a shocker.
Speaker 4: It's just like that movie of which I've never seen, by the way, obviously I just know about it, but I haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be watching that movie when you're on holidays, but.
Speaker 1: When you when you're in that situation. Right, he's at his leg amputation.
Speaker 3: It's not a common situation, no.
Speaker 1: Not that dramatic. But people have lost limbs for many different reasons.
Speaker 3: Like my friend nearly lost her toe getting a pedicure on Friday. They shave.
Speaker 4: They're doing that thing where they shave the bottom of your foot, and they went up and took like half a toll with the with the heels shave it.
Speaker 3: You know that he'll shove a bit.
Speaker 1: It's like, remember my two year old found the meat cleaver at home and took the end of his toe.
Speaker 3: That's right, Archie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were playing this this little piggy, So this little piggy.
Speaker 3: That was naughty.
Speaker 2: You found the sixty nine year old Lithiuanian.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Well, he didn't shave much off his toe.
Speaker 1: He took the top of it.
Speaker 2: Off, a little bit of skin.
Speaker 1: He've seen the piece of the I've still got a home in the nugget box.
Speaker 2: Happy twenty first. Remember the time that you cut off your toe.
Speaker 3: Your friends lost a tone? Wasn't it a lawn more incident?
Speaker 1: Nine to Mini we call her her dad ran over a foot with the lawn youch poor thing in heels.
Speaker 2: Actually, I was getting my hair cut the other day and the barber who was cutting my hair, young fella barber's son and Glenn very right, shout out. He was telling me that he was at a party at the weekend and he wasn't actually sleeping very well because he was at a party. One of the girls tried to close the door, and the door closed in your finger and shut the finger.
Speaker 3: Off the w a a party.
Speaker 2: Yep, what door couldn't couldn't salvage finger? That finger gone would have been grim safe.
Speaker 3: It's not cream save unless scream.
Speaker 2: That's crim safe. Oh god, Kimmy's friend. They tried to you.
Speaker 7: Know, they retrieve the tip and put it in some ice to the hospital. But it ain't gone.
Speaker 1: Back goes go with me here thirteen twenty four ten. Have you had something amputated or lost a part of your body and what was the reason?
Speaker 2: Yeah, whether it's.
Speaker 1: The finger in the door, I can finger in the door, lawma, and the toe lawma, and so legging the rock thirteen twenty four to ten. Have you lost a body part and how did that happen? Lauren said, it's not common. I think you'll be surprised.
Speaker 3: Well, we just had four examples then.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly thirteen twenty four to ten. I don't really want there's something off for a prize.
Speaker 4: For Yeah, well you know what if you will if you chop your finger off in the door, if.
Speaker 1: You're willing to share your story, then I've got vouchers up for grabs. How about tow hundred bucks to drop at Jack's Cafe. Take a moment for yourself today with a rich velvedy and smooth brews to make coffee from Jack's Cafe. Mornings are better with Jack's Cafe and hungry Jack's thirteen twenty four to ten. What leam did you lose and how'd you lose it? You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and still to come, your chance to get on the standby list to go to Vancouver, Canada and be at the closing night of Taller Swift's Eras tour on Friday. So we will leave the studio, go to someone's house, put them on a plane and send him there.
Speaker 2: Yep, how good.
Speaker 7: Right now, though, we're talking amputation because a man was kayaking with friends in Tasmania, Tasmania, when his leg became wedge between rocks in the rapids. He was trapped and they had to make the very painful, dramatic decision to amputate above the.
Speaker 3: Knee because he couldn't get his legs and get his leg in the rocks.
Speaker 1: The end of the day though, it saved his life if you're in that situation. And I remember, there was an episode on E Street back in the day.
Speaker 8: Just like the movie Yes Street East.
Speaker 1: They went through a lot police rescue, remember police rescue.
Speaker 2: Oh they were chopping things left front and center. Yeah they did.
Speaker 4: But right now, on thirteen twenty four to ten, we want to know have you lost a body part?
Speaker 3: Laura from Wherabee?
Speaker 2: Was it you?
Speaker 3: Someone you know?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 15: Guys, I know.
Speaker 12: It was actually my friend in what we did one of the summer camps a few years ago in America and we were just we were it was some campers with the in wheelchairs and we were loading them onto this barn on this wooden plank. Yeah, so it was all accessible for everyone to get on, and we were moving the plane and one of the women in an automatic wheelchair just automatically went forward and as we're moving the plane for them to get on, she went straight over my friend's finger and completely took it off.
Speaker 6: A.
Speaker 3: Finger down. It was clean cut off.
Speaker 12: Laura, completely cut off.
Speaker 3: Get it attached.
Speaker 12: She went straight to the hospital, but they could not put it back on.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they did with the finger? Great mystery? What do you do with it?
Speaker 3: Which finger was it?
Speaker 10: Will?
Speaker 1: You'd be headless for the middle one because you'd want to flip the birds to the person in the wheelchair, But it.
Speaker 3: Was her index finger on the main one, the pointer.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're still okay?
Speaker 2: Do you really have Archie's toe still the.
Speaker 1: End of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's in the nugget box.
Speaker 2: What's the nugget nugget?
Speaker 1: Chicken nuggets in the freezer, as if we kept it in the bottom of the.
Speaker 2: In the nugget box. What if you put that in the air fry.
Speaker 3: Don't so if you just tuned in.
Speaker 4: Jason's son cut off part of his toe once, and I'm calling absolute nonsense on you keeping the toe.
Speaker 3: Such a lie, such a liar.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's made the move from Hampton East to Bentley, but I garantee, I swear in the kids lives we had it in the freezer at Hampton East.
Speaker 3: Wow, couldn't be reattached.
Speaker 4: So no, you freaky teaky family over there kept it in the freezer.
Speaker 1: And then lou one of the meat cleaver, out of the house. So I gave to produce a jazz Remember you guys cooking with it?
Speaker 2: I have it, but Claudia, my partner, won't let us use it for cooking food. I just give that a bit of sprain wipe, thank you exactly.
Speaker 1: Checking my goodness, Mark and Berdia, what what what body part of you left?
Speaker 11: So I lost the end of my right thumb. I was chopping firewood with a tomahawk. I took it clean off, so I ran inside. I covered it for a couple of minutes to try and stem the bleeding. Uncovered it realized how much was missing.
Speaker 3: Did you have it the extribute?
Speaker 11: No, it was still in the glove. I went outside and the magpie had it in its mouth. It looked at me and flow away a magi ironic because my last name is Pendlebree and apparently Scott Pendlebree is a distant second cousin.
Speaker 3: Oh there you goes, so you're part of the magpie family anyway? Was your other cousin who took off with you?
Speaker 2: Wow? Ow, I've how the magpie looked at him too, see.
Speaker 3: You just like that? Brenda? Good morning, something happened to you at work?
Speaker 10: Good morning guys. Yeap. When I was sixteen, I got my first job, working nights after school with my mum at a deli.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: Here I am slicing away from ham for a customer.
Speaker 3: The ham slice of freaks me my.
Speaker 10: My hands slipped and I sliced the top of my thumb off.
Speaker 4: You know what, You got to be so careful with those meat slices, with the bread slices, like at Baker's side. I always think all these kids working here popping the bread and bad.
Speaker 1: Have you used the bread slice of cold?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that fat. You've got to use the plastic shield, the safety shield.
Speaker 3: Always use the safety shield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but have you ever used it.
Speaker 2: It's a living it's pretty, it's quite satisfying.
Speaker 1: I mean it is quite hard going to put the bag over it. I'm like, you found respect for the people bakers to light how they bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes.
Speaker 3: Lots of missing thumbs in Melbourne, lots.
Speaker 1: Of missing limbs. I was just going through photos in my phone. There's the top of the thumb, top of the toes, on the top of the toe, so.
Speaker 2: Rack it's so off.
Speaker 1: That's the top of his toe. You said he hardly took anything off that is I mean that's which to big toe.
Speaker 3: So that's underneath.
Speaker 1: No, that's the end of it, so clean off the end. So it was taken. It got just to the top of the nail.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot of blood on it, is we.
Speaker 1: Well, that's we found that a couple of hours later when we got back in the hospital. That's but how if it was one of us, we'd have to get a full skin graph, graph graph and everything for him because he's only because he was only a year and a half, it grows back, it goes back. Plastic surgeon said, in six weeks you won't even notice and.
Speaker 3: Is his totally fully going back.
Speaker 1: We're now doing this. Little Piggy has returned.
Speaker 4: Great because if you lose a toe, it can really ruin you balance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, he's he's back.
Speaker 4: I can think if you had to lose a toe or a finger. A finger is less sort of life changing, I believe, because your TOAs can ruin your balance.
Speaker 3: Your hounds are just like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they're very important, very important, very important. But losing the top of a thumb is apparently better than losing your toe.
Speaker 2: Apparently apparently. I'm gonna take your word for it. So that went in the nugget box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here, I'll I'll see. We're still got it. It's just goney, don't steal the gum, your chance to head off to Canada and see Taylor and our favorite segment of the week is back. I love my partner, but I remember this Wednesday is a very important day.
Speaker 3: It is we are trying to get Melbourne or reconnect for Christmas.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about it for a week, so hopefully you've been thinking about someone you miss, someone you haven't spoken to for a while for no other reason than life being busy or life getting in the way.
Speaker 1: After eight o'clock, I'm going to try and reconnect with the maine of mine. We spent like all our twenties, late twenties, early thirties, you know, going out on the mean streets of Brisbane.
Speaker 3: And when was the last time you saw it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Big?
Speaker 1: A number of years. He was part of my old coffee gang. You know how he used to catch up at Jamie's coffee shop.
Speaker 3: That was before you had kids.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: And isn't it funny like just going past a location, we'll bring back so many memories. Last time was in Brisbane, I drove past his coffee shop and I was like, all the boys just jumped into my life straight away. And we weren't ever falling out or anything. It was just we're at different stages in our life. I went off to have kids, we just sort of grew apart.
Speaker 4: It's like, have you ever driven past your old high school? Yeah, it feels like yesterday I was turning in those gates. Now I haven't seen some of those people for ten, fifteen.
Speaker 3: Twenty years.
Speaker 1: Got that yesterday. It was a big day. It's been more than yesterday.
Speaker 3: You were twenty years since ione to school.
Speaker 2: Yeez.
Speaker 1: Well it's not just us for you too. So raged and I think we actually a lot of people around Melbourne have been calling up and joining in no fremento.
Speaker 3: Did this hit to strike a chord with you?
Speaker 11: I certainly did.
Speaker 16: Jory went to primary school with this amazing chick, lost connection with her at high school.
Speaker 2: Belinda in Indieava Hills.
Speaker 1: What's your story?
Speaker 10: Yeah, my friend Minique, we used to work together six seven years ago.
Speaker 1: She was the best.
Speaker 10: She was there for me in a really hard time, no judgment, no anything. In a hard to find people like that.
Speaker 3: How much would you love just to reconnect and just have a laugh with her?
Speaker 10: I would love to go out with her.
Speaker 2: I sensor reunion video.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday. It is reconnect for Christmas Day. We want you to be a part of it. So yeah, after eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if hearing this makes you think of someone that you're like, geez, I miss that person. I'd love to just reach out and say hi. But you feel like it's been too long. It hasn't been. And Wednesday is the date to do it.
Speaker 1: But coming up next, how would you like to jump a plane and head to Vancouver to see closing night of Taylor Swift thirteen twenty four to ten. To get on the list. Here in number one hundred, we have managed to score tickets to the closing night of the eras to us, plus flights and accommodation. We want to send you to Vancouver, Canada, and right now we are putting you on the standby list.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, hey, Clint, do you love the proposal videos? I do imagine how many there's going to be at the final.
Speaker 2: Show being in said.
Speaker 3: Mary me, Julie, You'll never have to be alone and love you somewhere we be.
Speaker 2: Alone, right.
Speaker 1: Imagineing the final twenty two kit special.
Speaker 3: I reckon It'll be Travis.
Speaker 2: I reckon It'll be.
Speaker 3: I reckon It'll be Travis.
Speaker 2: That would be.
Speaker 1: Hilarious.
Speaker 3: All right, let's put some big on the standby list.
Speaker 4: Lisa from Patterson Lake's congratulations here on the short list.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, thank you so much. I basically will do anything to release because I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Thanks time. I feel like we put Lisa on before.
Speaker 3: Have you been on the list before?
Speaker 2: Lisa.
Speaker 15: Yes, I'm constantly running Lake for work because I am a twine.
Speaker 10: Step through to you guys, please, thank you?
Speaker 1: Is this the first time you're on the LISTA if we put you on before?
Speaker 11: No, I sen I'm on, I'm on.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought I recognized the name and location. I'm like God, Patterson Lakes Love tell.
Speaker 2: Us a lot of winners through Patterson Lake.
Speaker 4: Alright, I please to get through twice, desperate to get through.
Speaker 2: Em Yeah, you're on the list.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much.
Speaker 17: My daughter is going to be.
Speaker 3: Oh you're going to be Yes, popular mom.
Speaker 1: Being able to turn her daughter. She got her on the list.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that's so exciting. How much does she love Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: Emma the biggest fair the Sorry she missed out when she came to Melbourne. Yes, couldn't get tickets.
Speaker 2: Now how your daughter thirteen?
Speaker 3: Am you sound so emotional?
Speaker 1: You are on this You're on the standby list. Friday we head to a winner's house and packed their bags. So good luck.
Speaker 3: Okay, Emma, Emma, you're such a good mom.
Speaker 2: What would it mean if it was you on that plane with your daughter?
Speaker 1: I'll stop trying to make it.
Speaker 2: Like a dream.
Speaker 10: Come true for her.
Speaker 3: Has she ever been overseas before? Do you guys have passports?
Speaker 15: We just we went to Bali, so the first time this year she get her hair bread.
Speaker 1: You can't be hitting the Vancouver with the braids in. That's that's gonna come right.
Speaker 3: We've got to put more on the list. Let's go to Rhianna and in one long morning.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 2: You you made it.
Speaker 3: So good? Can we do one more? We take one more?
Speaker 1: Okay, look at the look at the grinchy out there.
Speaker 4: One more on the list because that girl had already got through the first bloke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point, Clint.
Speaker 3: Any lads out there want to go to tity like Blood's Trip.
Speaker 2: There's one there, Blood's Trip, got it? Okay?
Speaker 1: Ali in Parkville, Elie Eli l a year, No worries.
Speaker 3: Where are the boys swifties?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Here we go, there's one here. Let's take that one.
Speaker 2: Come on to up. You're going you're not You're going? Thank you, very happy you?
Speaker 3: That will make happy Tom?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 18: No, well essentially, Tom, who do you want to go with a girlfriends?
Speaker 11: The real bus?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: There you go on.
Speaker 3: That's that's boating.
Speaker 1: Blows through fastly different is just gone seven weeks. A lot of people out there in relationships love their partner.
Speaker 4: But especially on a Monday morning when you spent too much time together.
Speaker 3: Over the weekends. Exactly, just little things that irritate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's those small little things like.
Speaker 4: I was saying last week, Like Paul's inability to use like a bath mat when he gets out of the shower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or the way Luke cracks an egg in the pan. She likes to put half the egg in the pan, half the egg on the gas.
Speaker 3: Stove tribbles down the start.
Speaker 2: Do you guys get through the weekend unscathed or are you going to contribute?
Speaker 4: I'd a lovely weekend with my partner, PAULI, but he still does things but just drive me up.
Speaker 1: My wife was away. She came back Sunday afternoon. However, I managed to pull the list together thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: But she came back from I love you.
Speaker 3: I love you, says allah.
Speaker 4: But those things that just annoy you, little things that irritate you about your partner.
Speaker 1: I love my partner, but.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number if you want to vent about something small trivial just really gives you that.
Speaker 1: Hick tell you what someone's going to walk out with the two hundred dollars Strand Bag voucher Shop the Strand Black Friday Sale up to fifty percent off travel, leather, handbags, and more. Shopping sort or online at strandbags dot com dot au terrific.
Speaker 4: Know, I love my partner, but I don't like, I don't know how he does this, but us so far or our couch, it's not it doesn't sit up against more, you know how some people have them gets in like really specific spot front, two legs on the rag in the back part of It's not Paul must run and jump on the couch every time he sits on it, because it pushes back off the rug and it ends up halfway back into the walkway.
Speaker 3: It just dry, And I'm like, it needs.
Speaker 1: To be symmetrical on the rud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just also if that's like are you twelve? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Running and like rolling on it? But then just put it back if you've moved.
Speaker 3: Every time I walk down the stairs, I look at it and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, that's annoying. That's because you can see it out of place.
Speaker 3: How did they get.
Speaker 2: I hear I love my partner, but she should drink out of sippy cups.
Speaker 3: What do you she is?
Speaker 1: Spiller, massive spiller. We're at the boundary. Yesterday afternoon, we took the kids of the pub just for a little early dinner. Yeah, and she had a glass of prosecca for some reason. She she must love the thrill in her mouth. She just puts it on the edge of the table.
Speaker 2: So it's sort of just on the edge.
Speaker 1: Then she gets theatrical with her hands, and then prosecco flying across the dining room.
Speaker 2: Idea.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit of an I knock glasses over all the time, so I empathized.
Speaker 1: With that, Like maybe after the eighth prosecco, but not your first one.
Speaker 3: I was so excited though, It's like sub first one's most exciting.
Speaker 1: Thirty.
Speaker 2: My drink'stles in it. It's got a rose chrissy, you love your part the.
Speaker 15: Hello, guys, I love my partner, but he works me up at five am this morning because you were posting around in the outside bin like a spotterm looking for his scoop for his protein powder.
Speaker 10: He tucked it out.
Speaker 4: It happens, those little scoops also, just the way men scoop protein powder, Like get it in the glass.
Speaker 3: That always ends up with powder everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's hard, it's complex. I was like, that's a big tub, little glass.
Speaker 1: You ever trying to do baby formula with that tiny little spoon? Bunny stuff all over the bench? Got your pablos here thirteen, twenty fourteen. You love your partner, birds either go for it high over.
Speaker 17: I love my partner, but he always eats his dinner, leaves his plate on the table twenty five years and he walks to the kitchen, grabs his glass and water and leaves his.
Speaker 16: Plate on the dinner.
Speaker 4: You are going to the kitchen, at least put it in the sink. Is right next to the sink, and Paul will just put it in the sink, and I'm like, it's even draws. You don't even have to bend down. We've got a dishwasher drawer right next to this in ink. It's actually easy to probably put it in there. Then put it in the sink.
Speaker 2: Maybe where do you sit on licking of plates?
Speaker 3: Licking?
Speaker 18: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like a dog? You lick a bit of sauce of gravy on the air.
Speaker 3: Who does it? That's why you're single. That's why you're single.
Speaker 2: I think he would your finger.
Speaker 3: Oh, like you scoot your sauce with your finger, and I've never seen you do at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: I got a curiosity. When you're waiting for the meal to come out, do they give you crayons and drawing?
Speaker 3: Diana and Barry, Good morning, Diana.
Speaker 1: Hang on, there we go.
Speaker 2: Hey, you love your partner.
Speaker 19: But oh my god, when he has a cup of cup of coffee and he wants a teddy baby shit, but when he dunks, but he doesn't want all the little crumbs in there, so he cleans his teddy baby skits. Then he dunks the steady slurps, and then he has these cup of teeny slips. You've got to cover my ears because I got Mordy His Oh my god is annoying.
Speaker 4: I agree, because Paul drinks his tea really hot, like really hot, and so he has to slurp it a bit and I'm like, nah, I'm with.
Speaker 19: You, yes, and it's just right, And there's these little slips constant sound like oh, and it's just I've got to cover my ear because I'm sitting beside him, and I just want to throw something at him.
Speaker 1: Let's head the ring word get I know?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: We are excellent mates?
Speaker 3: All right, Nathan.
Speaker 1: He's a cafe. And what's the specialty this week?
Speaker 10: Specially be our little fried chicken, got like that floor on it.
Speaker 3: And yeah you cafe call give it a shout out.
Speaker 2: Little ray in black bent not ray Blackberdon Do you do a muffin? Yeah, we do it.
Speaker 1: We do a blueberry cocking up muffin.
Speaker 13: Yeah, every day.
Speaker 3: Out every day. That's a lot of favorite. All right, Nathan, Let's see if we can win you some cash. I believe you want to go for the five thousand dollars question this morning.
Speaker 1: All right, he's confident. Let's roll the dice for five k, five thousand dollars. All right, It is all thanks to your play this week. Your place is phrase number one.
Speaker 2: You get.
Speaker 1: It's made with the goodness of real fruit and dollops of happiness. Open a cup of joy and your play your day.
Speaker 3: All right, Nathan, Let's do it for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You're going to hear a question. You hear a three two one count down, Make sure you're answering that time. If you don't know, give it a crack and have a guest within the buzzer. This is your money will be.
Speaker 3: Yours if you're right.
Speaker 1: This is gettable. Remember Lauren said, if you don't know, guess here comes your question.
Speaker 2: What here were the first Air Jordan sneakers? Really? Three two one?
Speaker 1: Nathan forty seven?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so you were born when these came out? It was nineteen eighty four, exactly forty years ago. Oh no way, yeah, the fortieth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see the movie Air?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great movie, wasn't it? Great?
Speaker 3: Great film?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Nathan, that's okay.
Speaker 1: At your mate Matt Damon and Ben Affleck together again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Matt, Ben.
Speaker 4: It was their first film they did through their own production company, out of equity. They're doing some great things to come.
Speaker 1: From the Cracking movie.
Speaker 2: If you haven't seen it, it's a great movie. He's got Jason Bateman in the visitors love him.
Speaker 3: It's a brilliant film.
Speaker 1: Hey, five K question returns this time tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What are you giggling out? Chuckles?
Speaker 1: I'm laughing because coming up next, we sent our twenty five year old producer gen.
Speaker 3: Z twenty five, but eighteen at heart.
Speaker 1: Exactly to catch up with James Blunt. This is how she opened.
Speaker 16: So you're obviously huge back like forty years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh no, gen Z, gen Z, I love James JB. He's a good sport about it.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping I haven't heard this yet, but I'm so excited you're going to.
Speaker 1: Hear it next on over Hey, big night, last night at rod Labor.
Speaker 2: Good Bye, my lover.
Speaker 1: I love this man.
Speaker 2: Goodbye fire. You're beautiful, beautiful James Blunt back in the country now.
Speaker 3: I love him. I've always liked I think he seems like such a good sport. He is a good Sport's the mickey out of himself.
Speaker 1: Which is the perfect target for us to send gen Z to catch up with JB.
Speaker 3: Gen Z, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How old are you again?
Speaker 3: Twenty five? She looks, So did you know James Blunt?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Did you know any song? That song that we just played? You know, yeah, okay, right, you'd know that one. What was bad? Though?
Speaker 1: She was confused when she did go to the interview, because I thought, you're very enthusiastic about saying yes to this straight away. And that's because our executive producer pitched him as JB.
Speaker 3: Oh, who did you think you were meeting?
Speaker 2: Take a lesson?
Speaker 16: No, but they originally told me I was interviewing JB.
Speaker 3: I thought, oh my god, I'm so sure what I let down?
Speaker 6: I was hoping to get like sung like one less loanly girl, like baby, but I think I think you're beautiful.
Speaker 3: We're fine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: It will be fine. Did he sing for you?
Speaker 4: No, He's got such a great speaking voice as well. It's so unique, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I know, but back to his singing voice. He went so well in the charts a number of years ago, So.
Speaker 16: You're obviously huge back like forty years ago.
Speaker 3: I'll take that.
Speaker 16: That's giving iconic.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So do you still get nervous, like performing in front of soldier crowds?
Speaker 8: I'm do you know, I'm super chilled? Actually?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, I feel like you're very You've got a very chill aura.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is giving iconic iconic.
Speaker 16: He's such an icon now is an icon You've never heard of him?
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 2: He is such a good guy.
Speaker 3: Even though he told you to f you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were you nervous interviewing him?
Speaker 3: I was very nervous. Okay, this is this is great, o Clint, because it's giving iconic.
Speaker 2: James tries to.
Speaker 1: Get a bit funny with her, but she doesn't get the joke.
Speaker 3: She's too young.
Speaker 9: Do you know I am in the Cockney the Dictionary for Cockney rhyming slang. Really yeah, James Blunt specific thank you, James w Well you know, No, you're a complete.
Speaker 8: Now to James Blunt would be that is you You're a complete?
Speaker 3: Do you still not get it? I didn't understand. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: I'll explain it off the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, explained it off the air.
Speaker 1: You're a complete, another James, But I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: It means you're a legend. You should go around telling people it means you are a legend.
Speaker 2: James blot So I always say to Jason all the time.
Speaker 1: Guys, she took him at present.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 16: No, I think you should put these on.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 16: So I've recently just been to the recent boiler.
Speaker 8: Room and the safety glasses.
Speaker 6: These are speedies, like you just speed through the audience basically. But I think you should try and get on the list and do a little set.
Speaker 3: But you have to wear these because small club?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it goes off.
Speaker 2: Small club.
Speaker 3: Did you give him speed? We were literally matching the speed and he thought they were safety gone.
Speaker 1: Go to our socials. Will post some of the interview and here at the table with gen Z in speed Dealers.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Also, I know we're only playing snippets now, but we will put the whole podcast, the whole interview up as a podcast online.
Speaker 1: Gen Z, I've got one more. She tried to give him a gen Z test. Take a listen.
Speaker 20: What do you think me Brizriz not brisbanez rez is?
Speaker 3: Do you have Riz?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Of course absolutely?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 16: What would you rate your Riz game?
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, a whole bottom half of it?
Speaker 3: Not about no cap.
Speaker 8: Well, you know I'm pretty chilled, so yeah, I would say so no cap.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 9: What about Sebes Well, I don't really like hanging out with them, but I you know, I don't mind that they can do what they like, you know, and live and let live.
Speaker 8: But the Seeds they're cool with me, but you know, we just we don't hang so much.
Speaker 1: You didn't get any of that?
Speaker 16: Did you know he was making that?
Speaker 11: And get it?
Speaker 2: Eyes his career.
Speaker 3: You tell him, mom, I can't be bothered, can't be bothered?
Speaker 1: What's cappened?
Speaker 3: No cap like truth, no lie, no ca no cap no cap no cap is truth. So if you say something and you're like seriously, like, you go no jack, But.
Speaker 1: Then we wouldn't be able to say seriously.
Speaker 3: Oh, gen Z, you went to the show last night?
Speaker 7: How was it?
Speaker 16: It was unreal? Mean Jizzy went and shout out to James, but it was unreal?
Speaker 11: What was it?
Speaker 8: Popping off?
Speaker 2: Was popping off?
Speaker 3: It was iconic, just like he did.
Speaker 1: Forty years ago.
Speaker 3: He's in his comeback era. Guys, James, his comeback here. Oh my gosh, I love you.
Speaker 2: You are iconic Sis thirteen, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: If your kids speak like this and you don't understand what they're saying, right, if they're walking around the house, no cap, no capabs.
Speaker 3: What do your kids say? You've had to learn?
Speaker 1: Oh many many things suck. That's how Felix says, hello, now suck, I no what's up? And he goes, no sup sup Super thirty No.
Speaker 3: Cap bra everyone's saying bra B thirty, twenty.
Speaker 2: Four to ten.
Speaker 1: Do you not understand something your kids say? Give us a kid saying, Yep, give us a call here at Nova. Well done, James, James, shut up.
Speaker 2: Hey, coming up reconnect for Christmas. This was a bloody great idea of yours.
Speaker 3: Laws.
Speaker 1: There's those friends in your life who you've drifted apart from, not because of any falling out or anything like that, just life has gotten in the way. And this Wednesday, we're all going to reach out to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we want everyone to reach out to someone they miss, just say.
Speaker 1: Hello, how's this. We're chatting about this the other day and I brought up the coffee boys.
Speaker 3: That I used to hang out with you haven't seen in ten or eleven.
Speaker 1: Years my phone. Last night I got a message from one of them, who haven't spoken to you in years. Hey, I was listening to the podcast and you brought up the coffee boys. He goes mate, brought back some memories. Oh, it was so nice.
Speaker 2: His names Max.
Speaker 1: We're going to get him on the air coming up in the next few minutes.
Speaker 3: And you guys haven't seen each other in ten years.
Speaker 1: Be the first time I've chatted to him on the phone in years.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I can't wait. I can't wait to see how you interact with your lads bloods lads.
Speaker 1: Mates started with coffee, coffee and kicks, Coffee and kicks the group. Hey, we're talking about do you not understand how your kid speaks? We just sent our young producer gen Z to catch up with James Blunt.
Speaker 4: Different languages with beautiful fresh posh accent, and then gen Z talking about speedies and sieves and other words that I can't even remember.
Speaker 20: What do you think bris means brez friz not brisbanez.
Speaker 3: Risma.
Speaker 2: We've learned that. And sieves is seb ye.
Speaker 3: Can't be bothers.
Speaker 1: Cbf And what's the other one?
Speaker 2: I tip my hat to that cap cap cap on cap no, not capping copy No.
Speaker 3: It means like truth, bro, truth, that's true, not even no words of.
Speaker 2: A life cap cappuccino, but this strong cap.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning. You've got an eight year old son. Do you not understand what he says?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So he says, ohio o hio hio hio?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 10: I have I have no idea what it means?
Speaker 15: Do you know what hi.
Speaker 2: Hio hio?
Speaker 3: Can you put it in a sentence? Even I don't know what that means? Thirteen twenty four. Can anyone look at this? All the old people we've all just reached for Google.
Speaker 2: I wonder how you spell it? Hi yep, yep.
Speaker 16: It just means like stranger, weird, so like all cringey, So like that's a I hiho oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah Ohio has been repurposed as a synonym for anything weird or absurd.
Speaker 3: The younger generations are embracing you spell it.
Speaker 2: I've been using hi, I've been using spooky, spooky. Yeah, like that's spooky. But that's spooky? Is that crazy?
Speaker 3: Scary?
Speaker 2: That's just creepy. That's a weird bit we' weird.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not young people language. That's old people language. I understood that. Like Scooby Doo's been doing that for Charie good morning.
Speaker 1: Can you not laugh at her encourages?
Speaker 3: What are the words we don't know that are happening in your household?
Speaker 10: Sigma sigma Everything is stigma?
Speaker 2: That that what sigma.
Speaker 4: It's something that's like I don't want to say the swear word, but like if I'm good, just ask me.
Speaker 2: That's big jam.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I think it looks like like maybe it's like cool like that sigma.
Speaker 3: Sigma Z what a sigma means?
Speaker 1: We need to know what sigma means?
Speaker 2: Is she calm sigma?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got a right, So that's it so cool, that's cool.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yourself sufficient?
Speaker 2: What just so she's right? It wasn't wasn't.
Speaker 1: Olivia in safered good morning, good morning? All right, your nephew. You don't understand him.
Speaker 17: Yeah, my nephew uses those other words in the same sentence, but he'll say sigma, skibbity, toilet, brize.
Speaker 2: He just kissed himself?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 17: Gimny toilet is the word toilet to I think it's like a cartoon or something, and it's terrifying if you google it, it's absolutely like jump scare warning.
Speaker 2: But I would say that gibbity toilet s gimmity toilet is like a.
Speaker 3: Series of a guy whose then pops out of a toilet.
Speaker 2: H j Z.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So skibbity means like bad and then toilet. The skibbity toilet is a reference to a YouTube of a guy. Yeah, like it's bad, You're bad.
Speaker 4: But it's hang on, what does skibbity toilet ris mean? It's a joke online? Is this supposed to mean somebody who can get women easily.
Speaker 2: No, what I know around here has that in my vocabulary. I do not have the skibbity Christmas.
Speaker 1: Damn it. Sandy in Mornington, Hello, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 10: You know what I should I should say?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 8: It's Japanese for good morning.
Speaker 3: I know that's old people language language.
Speaker 8: Learning Japanese at school.
Speaker 3: The kids buy linguine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not the reason, but I.
Speaker 3: Learned that at school. Sevenye is Japanese.
Speaker 2: That is skibberty. Chris Summer Sigma Yo.
Speaker 3: Wait what did I hi? I mean again?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Didn't it the toilet one? You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clinton?
Speaker 2: You too, doliness?
Speaker 3: What Jason Lawrence reaching?
Speaker 11: Next to Christmas?
Speaker 1: This weekend's tree weekend Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Yeah, first of December. I might go Midwak Hurrican Yeah, me too. Get organized so it's up and done for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Maybe Friday night first to December Sunday.
Speaker 1: Not in a great condition Sunday morning. Some m I did the tree midwek how good?
Speaker 3: But it is.
Speaker 4: We are exactly one month till Christmas, Melbourne. It is the twenty fifth of November and we've been talking about this for the last week or so. About this time of year, you get quite nostalgic and you think about those people that you had fun summers with back in the day.
Speaker 3: Or perhaps it was a work mate that you just loved and he lent on all the time. You just don't see them anymore. And so on Wednesday, think about it today, tomorrow, and on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: We want you to reach out to someone you miss and say hello, even if it's been five years, ten years. Use us as a catalyst for exactly yea, because I think many of us feel guilty that we haven't seen these people.
Speaker 3: Are spoken to them, but life's just got busy.
Speaker 1: You reach out to say. I was listening to Nova. They're talking about reconnecting with old friends, and you were the first person that popped in my mind.
Speaker 3: I want to stay high.
Speaker 2: And I guarantee you after you spit that.
Speaker 3: Out, oh my gosh, you will pick up where you're left off totally.
Speaker 2: I was talking about a coffee group, a coffee gang, the Coffee Boys. Yeah, this was last week.
Speaker 3: We used to hang out every week, these group of mates.
Speaker 1: Every single day we go to Jamie's Cafe and Brisbane sitting there and have coffees. And I remember when I was yep, and when I was about to have Felix, our first right, I was the first in the group to have a baby.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 2: I remember saying to them.
Speaker 1: Nothing's going to change, guys, I'll just be here with a kid in a baby cap that I haven't seen them in eleven years.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't be alone in that though, like.
Speaker 2: So dramatic.
Speaker 1: I was like, guys, you'd not even get I notice the difference.
Speaker 3: No, they'll say Felix and think it's you next time.
Speaker 1: So I was talking about that last week, and then last night, out of nowhere, I get this text on my mate Max, who.
Speaker 3: Was part of the gang, saying, did you get excited when you phone little.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable listening to you talk about the Coffee Gang in some repeats over the weekend, I was listening to your podcast. I still walk past the old site where Jamie's coffee shop was and think about us.
Speaker 2: Blows, great days, great days.
Speaker 1: You know I'm going to ring him now.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I can't wait to His name is Max.
Speaker 2: Dudley, Max Dudley, Do you know it? Yes, you know it. How do you know it? Hold that thought? Oh, Maxie, it's just a number one breakfast Max.
Speaker 1: You're on with Lauren and Clinton. Apparently you know as well.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Why are you stealing my friend?
Speaker 2: How do you know him? We met in a Digy nightclub one night. Yeah, now we've got a lot of mutuals.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know im through a friend. Yeah, well I'm a g I'm not.
Speaker 2: Trying to take your friend off. You don't worry.
Speaker 3: How long ago with you and Max? When did you meet?
Speaker 2: Would have been twenties? Hey Max, we're in our twenties?
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, some one of those bos.
Speaker 3: Who's old? Are you older?
Speaker 2: Yea hanging out with young kids?
Speaker 1: To make me sound And since you've seen each other, i'd be years now, Maxie, wouldn't it?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it would be.
Speaker 18: Maybe five five years.
Speaker 1: I was just saying to the guys, and we would hang out every weekend, and I was just telling the guys about how you out of nowhere. You sent me a message and I was listening to the show the podcast, and you mentioned the coffee gang and you walked past Jamie's coffee shop and doesn't bring back memories?
Speaker 18: Took me straight back. Yeah, yeah, and it was it was almost every day, like you would you finished work or we finished work, we go straight to Jamie through coffee and sometimes that would go on to the hotel across the road.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: From the coffee game, and then sometimes we'd all head back to Maxie and Jack's house.
Speaker 3: Did you have a name we used to name our friend's houses.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, a name.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it had a name, Wet and Wild. Well, well it was an adventure park.
Speaker 3: But Max, do you miss those days? Do you miss the boys you used to spend all that time with?
Speaker 18: Absolutely, because it was such a like it was such a key part of our lives. Like this is before kids for I think all of us. And at one point there I think it was before Felix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 18: We'd have a last for our Jase and it was, you know, it was almost every day, Is this the last of la?
Speaker 17: That was?
Speaker 1: And then it was it was it was a running joke on you nothing's going to change after having a kid. And then you know, because I was the first in the group to have kids, It's just life gets in the way. Hey, MAXI There was no falling out or anything like that. We just sort of drifted apart, and in fact, I think the last time we caught up, we're both in Bali at the same time, and I had Felix. Yeah, I had ballein and I had Felix with me and we caught up in Mississippis and had lunch.
Speaker 3: That must have been like ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it was. It was, And you know, you're exactly right.
Speaker 13: There's no falling out, but it's just, you know, that's what happens, is life.
Speaker 18: And we moved city, you know, you move city day, it was, But it's so you know, social media is so cool because you think, oh we're still connected in some way, but.
Speaker 1: It's not the same. It's not the same. But I'll tell you what. When we sat down at that bar in Bali, it was like, we're hanging out only a week before.
Speaker 2: What's what's my like as a mate?
Speaker 1: Break Blake, great blake, dependable, always in your corner, a bit bigger than me too.
Speaker 11: So I.
Speaker 18: Loves an after party. Sorry, but you know it's true, Like I reckon, if I sat with you today, we just talk about the same things we did ten years ago.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you two are still best mates. Listening to you.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you know, And I think maybe blokes are worse out it than girls because we just assume that that will always be there, so we don't need.
Speaker 2: To check in with each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you love the idea of this, max finding someone that you've just lost touch with for no particular reason and reconnecting with them.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And there's there's a little bit of regret there too. We should be doing this more, but I think more so a guy. My wife, she's just got a thousand mates she sees all the time and connects with all the time. I'm like, I haven't seen you in ten years.
Speaker 13: Oh well, yeah, it'll be.
Speaker 1: Fine, you're right, And then there is that little bit of guilt. But you know what, Park that a site mate next time in Brisbane. Let's let's head out one hundred percent.
Speaker 18: Yeah, let's let's not go to work weld.
Speaker 4: No, do we need written consent from the wives for you guys to reconnect.
Speaker 1: Oh look, you got to need to know forgiveness not commission.
Speaker 2: Get the valley, Maxie.
Speaker 1: Hey, Maxie, bloody good to hear your voice. Mate, you too, you too. Don't forget Wednesday. I know Wednesday is the day Melbourne.
Speaker 3: His music just gets me excited for Christmas.
Speaker 4: But it is such a nice time to reach out to those people that made you like a little extra special.
Speaker 2: Over the years, reconnect for Christmas.
Speaker 1: We want you to be a part of it. Wednesday here on nov.
Speaker 8: That is it.
Speaker 1: We are about to get out of here.
Speaker 21: But before we do, take Alive in Vancouver the closing night of the Eras tour.
Speaker 1: We want to put you on the standby list.
Speaker 2: Ilet's Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: You're morning Violet. Thank you, good morning school.
Speaker 13: No, we haven't them for the moment.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been overseas before, Violet?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 3: I have, so you've got a passport if we in case we turn up to your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can hear you're so nervous.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 1: I can hear the nerves in your voice. Are you okay?
Speaker 6: Yes? I love it so much.
Speaker 3: Did you say when she was in Melbourne?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 19: Oh no, oh, my cousins want to go, and my uncle and my brother and.
Speaker 1: Cousins. Yeah, they're not getting good Christmas present there. Have you watched the concert on Disney Plus at least of course? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: Stupid question with Violet, my mom, when do your exams finish Tuesday and tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh good time going to say tuesday or instat So you.
Speaker 1: Are on the standby list. We could be knocking on your door on Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Bye, oh my god, don't cry these people crying.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 3: To marry that's a waza.
Speaker 2: So are you're on the list?
Speaker 15: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: No, who would you take?
Speaker 8: My mom?
Speaker 15: She missed out and Taylor came to Australia, so I'd love to take it.
Speaker 3: How good?
Speaker 2: That's cool. Good daughter, Sophie, you are the list and let's go to Craigyburn. Hey Steph, Hey, you're on.
Speaker 16: The list.
Speaker 10: On my own traveling solo at the moment.
Speaker 3: What do you mean is that the plan for this trip to like kids just.
Speaker 19: Dropped the girls off ato, so they'll have to stop the coin.
Speaker 2: He's going to come you doors.
Speaker 1: Okay, So look on Friday, if you are the chosen one, we could be knocking on your door, flipping a coin and packing.
Speaker 3: Bags, making hearts and breaking hearts. Do you have a favorite child?
Speaker 2: Last? No way?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what my mum says when I know she likes my brother mow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't worry. I'm a parent's staff. We don't have favorites at all.
Speaker 11: Do we No?
Speaker 3: Probably changes every week.
Speaker 2: We should do that.
Speaker 1: We should did that as a contest favorite child, whole family goes to the airport. You can only take one.
Speaker 3: It was like the time I got it.
Speaker 4: We got an upgrade, and there were two upgrades, but there were three of us traveling. The negotiation in the airport was like you've never seen before. Was like begging for your life.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the back of the point, especially not if my two best friends are up the front. It's so sad.
Speaker 2: I have a great day Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It is a crappy one out there, and the week is looking just as bad.
Speaker 3: But it's warm, so we'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're paying for a good weekend, aren't.
Speaker 2: We come on?
Speaker 3: As long as we get clear for the weekend again.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. Abigori died. Meltra Singer is the next.
Speaker 1: We We'll see you tomorrow, Bank God, thank you.
Speaker 4: Jason Laurence Lauren Wake Up feeling Good on number one hundred Jason Lauren only on Socials