Speaker 1: Appoge Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode about I a Bad Mom podcast or on Instagram? Two Am I a bad mum? You always look at me at the start of the episode, like, what's she gonna say?
Speaker 1: Where's she going with this?
Speaker 3: I had such a bad mom morning this morning. This morning's chaos was purely because of me. My alarm went off at the gym at four point thirty rough right, yeah.
Speaker 1: And it window it's so cold right now.
Speaker 3: And I flicked what I thought was my gym alarm off because I set two of them, so the first one goes off automatically. I pressed stop, and then in my head, I thought I picked my phone up and turned off my four point thirty five alarm, which is my second one, but I didn't. I turned off my third alarm, which is like the six fifteen, enough time to get up and get ready and then get Gracie off to school and all of that stuff. But obviously I was asleep and I just flicked off the six fifteen, and then the second gym one obviously went but I didn't sort of half even work that out, so I'd pressed stop on that one obviously, and then nothing went off at six point fifteen, So then I don't know, by chance my body's like woken me up. It's six twenty five. I have to have Gracie out of the door in twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh to get planned to get up at four thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like I planned to get up at four thirty and then and then four thirty five my alarm went off again. I'd obviously just press stop on that, but then I'd picked my phone up thinking that I'd turned off my gym alarm when it was and it was my get up.
Speaker 1: You have to go alarm.
Speaker 3: I don't tend to be like this all year, but as soon as I get into winter, I'm a fucking hot mess.
Speaker 1: I hate being old mans. I hate yeah, cold mess. I hate being cold.
Speaker 3: This morning, twenty minutes in order to get her a even out of bed, be dressed and operating, and then in that same time get myself dressed and operating, do little lunch boxes for her, and then also get her cereal in a takeaway bowl so she can eat in the time frame in the car.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, crazy, twenty minute. Let me get so twenty minutes. So when I think about my girls, eighteen minutes of that is get out of bed, Get out of bed, get out of bed exactly, and then you've got like, hurry up, choose in hand, breakfast in hand.
Speaker 3: At one stage, Katie, I looked at her and said.
Speaker 2: Eat this cereal put in your mouth.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to drive the car. I feel sorry for it because I'm just bugging.
Speaker 1: Stundar twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: One eye opened having to shuffle cereal down.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mum for mixing shit up?
Speaker 3: I know it's actually just a little fun reflective moment. But Katie, this is so different to what I have ever done. And I don't actually even know why I did it. I think because I walked past something in the Ida. I was getting stuff on the way home, and I had to get a couple of things for dinner, and I was walking through Ida, our local Ida, which is highly overpriced.
Speaker 1: Just needed to add that in just made me feel better. And I just genuinely.
Speaker 3: Was walking about Sistan and all of these DIY slime.
Speaker 1: Kits were reduced for half price. Slime Don't worry.
Speaker 3: I paid fucking overs for everything else but the slime kids for half price. But it looked really creative, and I thought I would just get one for each of the girls, right number one hate slime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that shit goes on your carpet, Elsie.
Speaker 1: You didn't even really budget it.
Speaker 3: So I took it home and I went, oh, so I got you something, an IgA, and I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: Can I have a look.
Speaker 3: She came out and she goes, oh, slime kid, thanks, mum, walked straight back into the TV room.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I think I was like waiting for a reaction where she was really excited. Yeah, anyway, let's fast forward.
Speaker 3: She sat down, we ate dinner, that was all well and good, and then she goes, I think I might get my slime kit out.
Speaker 1: Is that okay? And I was like, yeah, for sure, that's great.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely gonna video it, you know, like what I'm like with screen time?
Speaker 1: I was like, why like.
Speaker 2: A haul like of what she's got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a hal or like an unboxing or an anyway, instead of me doing what I normally do, which is absolutely not put the screen down and you do not need it, just sit there and be in the moment, enjoy the slime kit for you, Like, who are going to send it to? You're not putting up on your YouTube channel, you don't have one anyway. Instead I was just like, yeah, sure, go for gold. And she sat there no way to lie for the next hour at different times like doing this screen stuff, but like actually enjoying the whole process, but not only that, then relaying step by step what she was doing. So it was really interesting to see Amy drop my guard to allow her that. But she's doing it all in front of me, so it's not going anywhere, it's not being sent anywhere, it's not being shown anywhere. But for her it was something completely new. But it was just really interesting to watch that creative sort of flow.
Speaker 1: Happen for her.
Speaker 3: My reflection as a parent was I loosened the string a little bit. They sat there for way longer than what they normally would, and instead of watching TV, they sort of did that, played with this slime, designed all this stuff like creative. But then right at the end, once you've major masterpiece, you squish it up and it's slim.
Speaker 2: So it's two things in one. So you've got slime and the actual making whatever you're making, Yeah, and then you've got the filming it and making it a kind of YouTube video that yeah, go on YouTube. But they're all doing that, I know. So when the girls get Christmas presents, for example, they then go on and do a hall and so this goes on their Snapchat, and so they film the things that they've got. Oh my goodness, I got this and I'm really excited and blah blah blah. Everything's content, right, even the part that it blows my mind. Yours that haven't got social media yet, they're already going, this is content, Like we need to film this. You know what my girls used to watch all the time.
Speaker 1: People are unboxing things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also people filming themselves playing video games.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: It's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find that so weird.
Speaker 2: And they make also people make me millions and all they do is film themselves going okay, and so this is what I have to do for this part, and then I'm gonna shoot this guy here and.
Speaker 3: For someone though, like myself, Katie that finds it hard to s it's still to watch, even the shows on Netflix that I want to watch, Like, I think about me wasting my life watching somebody else play a game like that blows my mudh It captures kids, little brains and does all that.
Speaker 1: Obviously we know why been.
Speaker 2: Scrolling through TikTok and it's like you're watching like three to four seconds of each video. Yeah, and they say.
Speaker 1: That now like nothing is capturing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it needs to be the first few seconds. Yeah, I know, twelve seconds tops, Like that's wild Hey, yeah, this is why they've got wild Man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well that's the first time ever ever let the girls do anything like that. It was just so interesting to see a different side of them. But also it was nice that they didn't want to go straight into like watching TV or whatever. I think Lego Masters is the current flavor at the moment, but like it was nice to see them just sit there and be creative.
Speaker 2: Imagine if Elsie says one day, Mum, I've been really thinking about what I want to do when I'm older, and I realized that this is going to take off, and I'm going to film myself making different things out of slime. You know, have kids subscribing all over the world. She's gonna be a millionaire. Yeah you thought she would be a millionaire from playing tennis or netball, or it's going to be making fucking slime.
Speaker 3: I had to do it twice though, I was like, looking at it going, you forget that there are devices going and they're doing a show technically right, putting on a show for themselves. And at the same time you're in the background, You're still like your normal household is functioning, and so like, at one stage, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, row, get outside, you idiot.
Speaker 2: Like it's capturing all of your.
Speaker 1: Me I was like, oh that is odd.
Speaker 2: This is such a thing, Rach. And you will no matter how much you protest right now, you will get to a point your kids will be all over social media and one day out day my girls do edits of Billie I List videos, right, yeah, they're not on the videos. Like, the two of them don't do anything else on this particular TikTok channel other than do edits of billy videos and put them together in cap car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've got like three million followers on there. It's insane.
Speaker 1: Billy are crazy good on them though. That's really cool cap Carters.
Speaker 2: I was like, why don't you use that channel? Stop posting your own stuff?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, slowly introduce who they are, like an introduction, yeah, and then go from there.
Speaker 2: The people behind the Billy Eilish aid it. They will never do that.
Speaker 1: No, just keep producing the music, Billy.
Speaker 2: They said the other day, they we, Mom, did you hear about something happened with Billy Eilish. I don't even know what it was. If someone said something bad or something and they were like, Mom, like it was so sad. I'm like, oh, poor Billy eilis crying into a million of dollars. Oh, and I think she's doing all right.
Speaker 1: I think she's brushed it off. Her management got rid of it, and she didn't even know