Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on Noverer one hundred, let's cross to Sydney and talk about this man.
Speaker 2: We've just hit eight hundred k's.
Speaker 1: Five days, eleven hours. Couldn't be more proud of myself. Good morning guys. So it's five am. Ah here, I have a few coughs. Dun scroll, try and stand up?
Speaker 3: Can't stand up?
Speaker 4: Pain is worthwhile? That is Ned Brockmos motto, I guess you could say. And right now at Sydney Olympic Park, a man that I think should be a strain of the year, I couldn't agree more is doing something extraordinary, extraordinary in that he is running sixteen hundred k's. Sixteen hundred k's that's a lot of marathons and a lot of running. At one stage he was doing what twenty hours a day.
Speaker 3: It's like what he's doing, I mean, I think the whole point of it, he's getting uncomfortable, right, but this is like, this is super and stuff.
Speaker 4: It's the uncomfortable challenge. Basically, it's to support people experiencing homelessness. Now Ned Brockman is surrounded by a family, friends, a huge team who are going to will him every step of the way. One of those amazing people is Ian Brockman, Ned's dad.
Speaker 5: Good morning morning, he's gone.
Speaker 3: I mean, how are you going? But how is Ned going? Can we get an update this morning? Because it's all anyone in my friendship group is talking about how's Ned going?
Speaker 5: Have you got all dated for me to tell you or not?
Speaker 4: Proud?
Speaker 5: I can't really, It's very things change all the time, so you get updates and people just all over the plate.
Speaker 4: He's like a warrior, he looks, he looks wounded. I mean, what's it a toll? Is it taking on his body?
Speaker 5: Oh? Well, it's documented and he's just it changes is a feed one day? Then there's the back of the hips. You know, there's all sorts of stuff happening.
Speaker 1: And can I can I ask because the dad? Is it hard to watch like your son going through that paint? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well what was harder earlier? I mean the goal post to shifted a bit and he's been happier and everyone seeds all that, so we just move on.
Speaker 4: Do you do you get emotional watching it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Maybe it's probably soon here behead, I get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how proud are you an?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well I can't reach the sun so that it will be beyond that.
Speaker 1: You are so you are Australian mate. You sound like you're on the castle.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's so good. I mean, your son is a superstar. But we're watching him go through this and like, I was out for lunch with some friends.
Speaker 4: Yet like and yes, so I'll tell you the truth.
Speaker 3: I was sitting eating dumplings for lunch yesterday watching like thinking, God like.
Speaker 4: He is doing forget the kung pow chicken, ran some.
Speaker 3: Kung haowd chicken and throwing some fried rice around while he was running his nineteen thousand.
Speaker 4: It came up in conversation, didn't he did?
Speaker 3: And we were watching on the Instagram and we're trying to catch up to see how he's going. We've seen his body go through so much like he's been running with his blood nose clean. I think he said his feet have gone up like two sizes.
Speaker 5: The dumplings while he was going on, well, that's exactly it.
Speaker 4: We felt guilty. We felt guilty. I'll do it for Ned. We said, you know what, we ain't getting a newber home. We're going to walk.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, two one gay, how about four hundred?
Speaker 5: Udge us please?
Speaker 3: I'm trying now what is the donation up to because he's doing this for us all to donate and raise money and awareness for homelessness here in Australia. How's his fundraising going. I'll just notice, Oh my gosh, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: So now you now, am I right in saying you're turning your attention to corporate Australia as well. Ned's pledge is what it's called. We're encouraging everyone to support it, getting companies involved by donating one hundred thousand dollars or more and in return, what they're going to be given the ability to sort of showcase their company in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yeah, no, we want to get them on board. It's only dropping the buck for them. For them.
Speaker 1: Guys just running through some of the stuff, Clint, you were saying he's running with a blood nose. His shoe size has gone up three sizes because the swelling on the feet.
Speaker 3: He's been wheelchaired out to the track to run in the morning so that he doesn't consume any energy or put any extra pressure.
Speaker 1: I see he's got strapping tape over his nipples. Is that because they're just bleeding from the shirts rubbing?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That seems to be a standard thing that happened.
Speaker 3: I has he talked about like after this? Like is he going to go and sit on a beach in Hawaii or something and not move for a month?
Speaker 5: And how think you'll go that? Or he'll stay in Sydney?
Speaker 4: And is he just wired a bit differently?
Speaker 1: Like? What was he?
Speaker 4: What was he like growing up?
Speaker 5: Oh? He questioned everything. He's definitely definitely a very strong world. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 4: Have you joined him for a few laps.
Speaker 5: I'll let the young troubles do that. I've got too much. I've got too much to do with the milk runs.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 1: Have you got other kids? You know, other kids sitting on the couch at home at the moment that you're looking at, Go and get off your arts and do what your brothers do.
Speaker 5: They're all busy himself, I've got three over retrievers.
Speaker 4: Much you must have something to do with the dad?
Speaker 3: Well, well, I reckon, good on you and you must be so proud. I know the whole country is behind him and we'll be watching him as he completes this amazing adventure.
Speaker 5: No, it's fantastic. I thank you for everyone who's giving him the supporter.
Speaker 4: Believe I believe we're live on TikTok as well. Now are we streaming our interview on neds?
Speaker 3: How do you watch Ned's TikTok.
Speaker 1: I've told you, Clint, you are way too old to be on TikTok the talk.
Speaker 5: Don't worry. I'm on it too, mate, everybody, and.
Speaker 2: Lauren is asking mist mate, we're on TikTok live.
Speaker 3: At the moment, I just waved like you could see me and I remembered radio.
Speaker 2: The cross over TikTok live radio station for love.
Speaker 4: So these boys are these boys are quite a big thing on the tok.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Well can you tell them when they're done with you that they should stop watching TikTok and put on no on Monday to Friday six till nine.
Speaker 4: We need all the listeners we can get.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, can you pass our best onto Ned. He is doing absolutely amazing workout there and raising money for homelessness, which God knows we need it. So each you know what you the know on the head earlier Clint, he should be Australian of the Year.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks guys, and just encouraging everyone to get on board and dead pledge as well. That'll yeah create an absolute movement before for Australia to get involved and get those big donations into net.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So trying to raise ten million dollars for those experiencing homelessness. So you company that wants to make it difference, you can get in touch inquiries at Ned's Uncomfortable Challenge dot com.
Speaker 1: Thanks fellas Ned Bruckman running to raise money and he's still happens.
Speaker 4: We live on the internet, guys.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we go live on TikTok, but I'm so embarrassed the followers.
Speaker 1: No one, don't worry.
Speaker 4: Last time I should do a dance like Belinda Russell and David Campbell.
Speaker 1: I almost went an extra show on the holidays. My son walked in again with my phone and he was live streaming on Instagram and I was in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: I'm like, at one stage of.
Speaker 3: Any stage of undresses, too far for Jason on the Internet.
Speaker 1: I take one button off. Lauren's like that account to just shut down.
Speaker 3: Jason Laurens Lauren Wake Up Feeling Good on Nomber one hundred.
Speaker 1: Lauren on Socials