Speaker 1: Gooday, and welcome back to Drafted Talk and all things super Coach Draft this Sunday night, March thirtieth, twenty twenty five. It's yeah, boy Dossy here talking waver I pick ups four round four. I'm here with Alekdog and Leakedog outside of Carlton related emotions. Mate, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm well mate? Another weekend of draft gone, another weekend of pretending real the football team I support didn't play.
Speaker 1: No, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 2: It's good. Won both my main leagues. And that's the important thing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: That is good. I believe I beat Patch, our good friend from the show this week in our draft league. So always always a good thing to get at w of you mates. But for those wondering at home, we didn't do a show last week. This podcast won't be a weekly feature on your feed, but will jump on when we can. Even We'll try and get Patch on it some point in the season as well. But we are talking all things draft because we do love the game and you can still make a league if you're a bit late to the party on Super Coach Draft as well, and grab your mates, especially if your classic team's gone. To absolute no good like like mine is turning out to be. You can always have a bit of fun in draft. But one thing Lecdog you will be doing every single week is your weekly article called cop them and drop them like the name all come up with by you there Leck, but you'll be able to find that exclusively on Code Sports for all your draft needs. And Lecdog you've been nailing your picks of late.
Speaker 2: Yes it's going well early and not to toot my own torn and horn, and we do track in the article the results from the previous week. But as a sneak peak, if you want your advice on who to grab, I pretty much nailed it this week. Jack Henry eighty eight, Jake Bowie Bowie one sixteen CJ only fifty eight slight this there, but I still I did say he was a Benchi Nathan Odris school one oh four, Georgi Georgiades who was dominant and scored all these points in about five minutes. Seventy eight and Taylor Walker at ninety one were the were the cops from last week. If you grabbed any of them, you'd probably be pretty happy. And then the drops of the of the guys who did play Lake Acres twenty five, Andrew McGrath thirty four, Aaron Norton fifty three, and then Tim Turanto, who I suggested was a trade not a drop. Ninety four points so pretty good, pretty good scoring record, and every article we tracked the previous week's performance, so you can hold me accountable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you subscribe, I think that's been my favorite part so far. And you were, to be fair pre show, you were turning your own horn to me. You were saying, how how well you did last yow, that's why we wanted to bring it up. But yeah, it is good to see you're holding yourself accountable their lex so check that out on Code Sports. We do have a super Coach draft section there on the side now, so I'll put that link in the description. But let's get to our top five waivers heading into round four post round three, and like I said, we are recording Sunday night, so if things do change around, you know, that's not our fault. It's Sunday night. So lekdog. I'll let you start with the first one, and the way we do this will just go one by one here, So who's your number one wave? Will I pick up.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to cheat because again it's it's Jake Bowie. So he was in the article last week. He's still in under Let me have a little twenty fours and he's just got a plumb roll. It was a bit higher up the ground this week, but essentially halfback, maybe pushing it a little bit up onto a wing, but pretty much half back. And he's just been dominant. One sixteen last week, ninety seven the week before, and I think he had about a ninety two old double chick now about a ninety two in that first week as well, so he's been on fire ninety six. He's got a great role Melbourne in't defending well through the middle of the ground and not putting a heap of pressure on so he is getting plenty of opportunities and just a really under owned player. And for a guy who, even if you look at just his pure average ninety six point five before this weekend, if someone's averaging that, I would have expected them to be picked up in more teams than he has been. So grab him if he's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unreal, I've got him in my top five. He's down at fifth for me, but it's only because he's actually been my boyfri so so long and I've probably gone way too early on him and he's let me down in the past, so I'm not willing to go there just in case things fall off the rails again like they have for me in the past. But yeah, I love the role, love the player, So an awesome pickup. And yeah, still way under owned at the moment now, I just will say, for percentage wise, I think we're going under sixty percent owned as our threshold here, likek I've kind of I've kind of stuck under. I've actually got under forty five ish percent at the moment, So hopefully these guys, you know, they might not be a valuable in your league, but well maybe I've got a couple of lower percentages at the end as well to talk through.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't think I've got anyone sort of above forty, so we'll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get so this guy may be missed due to that, but forty point four percent is my number one player and it's Jace Bergoyn, so.
Speaker 2: Move him off my list.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable that he's this lowly owned at the moment, but a bit of a role change clearly playing a bit more defense now. He took three kick ins on the weekend, but also one hundred percent time on ground. This guy's just so clean with the peal. Love the way he plays, and look if they're going to start using him, if Port's going to start using him as their distributor now that Dan Houston's gone, you know, alongside Kane Farrell, because it seemingly looks like they need some help back in defense. Scored one hundred and twenty one on the weekend, started the season slow with a fifty, and then moved into that role one hundred and twenty seven hundred and twenty one since, so he should hopefully we'll see how DPPs are tracking, but you'd presume that he's going to get dual position status, and that happens after round five this year, so it's a round earlier, so you don't even have to stash him in your midfield for too long. It's for two extra rounds and then he should hopefully be a defender. So he's my number one wavell I pick up this week if he's there, grab him.
Speaker 2: He's just a jet, isn't he He's just so good.
Speaker 1: He's a gun. Who have you got second Leck.
Speaker 2: This is a my boy. This is a guy who's in thirty seven point five percent of teams. This is a John Noble. He was in all my preseason thankings. I own him in every single keeper league I play.
Speaker 1: You were talking hibout big time preseason. I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's come out so obviously. Gold Coast have only played the two games seventy eight and then the one twenty on the weekend playing half back, but predominantly playing on sort of the left side of the ground if you're looking from defense, and he pushed really high the ground and was impacting, you know, forward to the ball as well. But we know that he can sort of slop back and opposite Dan Rioli, all of a sudden, they've got a couple of happens. And I guess the hype for me on him preseason was you don't acquire a guy like that for the price they paid unless you've got a role for him. And very clearly to me that that's plumb halfback roles there, and he's a kicker first. So that's what I love about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful, he's he I think he was a special mention on my list or maybe top five. Yeah, No, he was a special mention for me, but I know he's your boy, so fair enough that he's cracked in there. I've still just don't know what to think of the Suns, but I do have a son as my number two and drafted in a lot of probably our leagues and a bunch of I guess coach, you know, the experienced super coaches, I would say, have this guy on their team. But Bailey Humphrey forty two point five percent of leagues he has owned in but one hundred and eleven on the weekend and off to a flying start, playing much more midfield this year, getting a lot of midfield exposure. He's available as a forward. So while I don't think these massive scores necessarily are sustainable for the season, the Suns are off to an absolute flyer. So we've had some pretty big scores across the board in their midfield at the moment. But look, he's going to be playing at least some midfield exposure and some pretty decent center bounce numbers as well from Bailey humphreyhim. When you've got a forward that is doing that, look you just get them up. You get them in your team straight away early in the season. So look, I know he's probably not available in your legue, but forty two point five percent he might be. So if he is, go grab him your third lecdog.
Speaker 2: My third is I'm just switching things around here on the fly, and this is I'm okay, I'm going to switch to this man. It's going to be Dan Curtin and played the first round for Adelaide sort of in defense, didn't score much, scored twenty six points, but then the last two weeks has played forward and in an Adelaide team that's packing a lot and defending not a lot and scoring a lot, his little niche role in the forward line has generated some points eighty two last week, ninety this week. He's available in a hell of a lot of teams. I'm just scrolling down to actually try and find him. You can't find him. I think he's in sub ten percent of teams. Let's pull him up, and he's in that four point four percent of teams of leagues, and he's available as a forward. And I think anyone who's available is a forward at this point in the season that has a little bit of upside or is in a little bit of form is someone I'm going to jump on because I'd rather feel him than like your Sampal Peppers and that sort of player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huge for huge for the keeper league's perspective as well. That seemed like a breakout game in particular this week against North But yeah, once to keep an eye out. I don't know if I have as much faith as you do. Perhaps is that the role or the scoring continuing, But yeah, Adelaide another team that's just killing it to start the season. My number three, and a bit of bias from my beloved West Coast Eagles, and they did just play moments ago. So I don't even know if this final score is going to be scaled at all. But Ryan Marrich played amazing game this game against Freemanner in the Western derby one hundred and twenty three points. And he has got the defensive distributor role at West Coast at the moment. It was flagged in pre season, but then I don't he didn't play in the first week and it was sort of like, oh, what's going on there? Doesn't have you know, he's clearly out of the out of favor, but he's come in the next two and put up some solid scores. He was sorry he was sub the first week, scored well in very low time on ground. It was like a thirty three in a quarter basically. Since then, had two really solid games and come out with a massive game this week. And the other thing that I like about it as well, like other than just the fact he's taking kickins, he's the guy back there. He makes some mistakes, but he's twenty years old, so you know, yea hope that they persist with him. The thing that happened in that game as well though, was Jeremy McGovern was injured. I think it was a groin that he did there, so job security should be there long terms. Harry Edwards was subbed oubt so you know he's up in the favor. You'd imagine if he's taking kickings and got that role. But yeah, I think Ryan Marrick only three point four percent of teams at the moment available as a forward and he's got that prime distributing role. So yeah, one one that I'm really high on and probably hoping to pick up in many leagues this week bloody beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well, he was definitely on my list. So if we're going to stick in that under selected forward line. I've got a bit of a curly one. His name's been Long. He's in two point four percent of teams. He scored eighty seven points against Melbourne and ninety six points against West Coast. The points were pretty high against Melbourne and he only kicked one goal, where as he kicked four goals against West Coast. So he's generating points from basically possessions, and he kicks a hell of a lot more than the handbles. He really has no reason to handball. So he's currently inform goal Coaster currently inform. He's a forward. I'm willing to take a punt or a risk on a guy like this in the forward line, even if he's on my bench. He's a guy I'm looking to grab. I don't think it's gonna last, but I think we'll let gold Coaster upen about. He's someone I'm willing to ride.
Speaker 1: I really like that we have different players, and I think it's because we sort of set little different thresholds. But this so far, like again, not much crossover here, which is awesome. To get some more names on the podcast. I've gone again a bit higher in ownership again but under forty percent. Thirty two point two percent at the moment. Hugo ga Sea, a player that's talked about a fair bit in classic circles as well this preseason, had a chance to really score well this week with no Jack Steele as a late out, but still the signs were really good here able to score has midfield role, and he was the sub last week. You'd hope that after that performance he avoids it for a little bit, and I'd be I'd be willing to spend a waiver just to see if he holds that role for a while, because his potential was amazing. Obviously super high on him in keeper leagues, but his potential is amazing for this year. Should he just hold onto that role, and the Saints look pretty good with him in there, so look, I'd be again, I'd be willing to spend it just to see if he can, if he can hold onto that role even with Jack Steel back in the side, if he can get his scoring up a little bit around this mark. But yeah, an amazing game from Hugo Garcia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bit of rage trading for classics or people drop him last week and they're probably not super happy with that decision at this stage. I've got another more highly owned player thirty three point four percent to round out my top five mid only Tom Atkins, midfielder from Geelong eighty five ninety six and a one oh five to start the season, fourteen tackles, eleven tackles and twelve tackles fourteen the most recent, twelve the first. He's being a defensive stopper in the midfield and he doesn't even need to touch the ball to get points because he's just generating tackles. So I think for now, midfield is actually really shallow for mid only players, and he's one that I have my eye on if he's available.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that cat's midfield. It's it's not super deep outside those top players, so he's getting a pretty nice role in there as well. My fifth to round it out wasn't in fact Jake Bowie, so you mentioned him up the top twenty twenty four percent owned, big fan of him as well, but a couple of special mentions. I suppose I do have a guy that's massive at the moment in salary cap leagues, and Sam Davidson available as a forward looked out standing on the weekend, mature age rookie coming into the system one hundred and twenty nine points for the Western Bulldogs. Bit salty. I didn't play him on field, and you'll probably hear about that on the Phantom's Lair talking about that. But yeah, he's one that I'm you know, i'd be probably willing to spend because he's lower owned in Draft League seventeen point nine percent, so you you know he's going to be more available than some of these guys were talking off the top. And there's a word that I used to use and still do use at times, observable first in this setting and hit boy, he wants the pill. He wants that Sharon bad So, Sam Davidson, you know, I think he's a good option in draft as well. I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it. And if we're going to jump into honorall we mentions s guy and similar Van is sort of Murphy Red. That's sort of that rookie priced super coach classic type player that's available in plenty leagues. But the name I want to throw at you this is a Kerball and I only know about him because I have him in a dynasty league where we have to to play a key position players each week. Anthony Camerini from Saint Kilda has been switched from a undersized full forward to essentially a full back or an attempt to try and fill a Josh Battle type hole in that Saint Kilda side. And then we've only got a small sample size. Fifty six in round one was him playing as a forward, and then he's put up a seventy eight and a ninety five in defense. Now, one was a win against Geelong and the other was against a win against Richmond, who you know, he was kind of running around with Tom Lynch and then basically doing whatever he wanted. I don't think it's a long term play. I don't think it might even pay off next week. But he's one I'm watching. It's a role change. He's scored two decent scores and he's a forward and at some stage soon he'll be for defense eligible. So he's just one that I'm looking at. He's in almost literally no one's team in Super Coach Draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be happy like picking him up free agency. You're definitely not spending a waiver, but now, no, no, no, you could pick him up later in the week and stream if you're really struggling in that forward line and hope it pops for a few weeks. I'm just looking at their injury report as well, someone like a Googal Howard to fill that role. Still five ish weeks away on their last injury report, So yeah, it's a decent shout. Can't say I've been thinking about him too much in my plan. Think about him a lotad that you mentioned off the top as well in special mentions, but he was in your article last week. I think you said tex Walker still ten percent owned. Yeah, improved, improved chromb side there as well. I think he's one of his early scores was he got subbed off I think in the first game in a bit lower time on ground from memory. So his last two games outside of that one, he's scored really well. So texts could be good in that forward line for the Crows if we're going to see more of it up there. The Wizard. The Wizard has been I mean, he's been unreal. One hundred and thirty four on the weekend. You've got to give him props. Started off with a stick inca in the season, but they've got the buy this week, which is why I didn't mention them him as a pick up this particular week. I think it's going to be a topsy turvy ride with any small forward as well, So I probably wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but gee, you're probably going to get some of these ceiling scores, which is unbelievable from a small forward player that I will just my last special mentions Cam McKenzie twenty nine percent. Again, I didn't mention him just because they the Hawks do have the buy this week, but I think his role in that midfield looks pretty solidified now, And if Cane Corns's words have anything to say about it, I think he said he's One of his tweets was that he's a future Brownlow medallist, so that's you know, if you have any sway with Big Cano. He's talking a lot about fantasy this year, mainly in a negative light, but if you're if you're that way swayed, I think Cam McKenzie could be a nice little player this year as well for your midfield.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think he's got a pretty solid locked in role. I mean, he's definitely got lots in spot on the team. James Warple needs to come back, but Conor McDonald came out of that forward line. He has moments at the midfield, so there's definitely minutes available currently.
Speaker 1: All right, Lefdog. Well that's that's all we have for the waivers this week. Again, you can catch copham and drop them from Lekdog. That is his waver Wire article weekly exclusive on Code Sports, so check that out every week. Like I said, we'll jump on for a pod from time to time when we can, but you can grab that every single week of the season with the great left Doog here, so great to jump on again. Let Dog. Good luck for the Blues this week, mate, Hopefully your fortunes turn around a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks mate. Good luck with us coast, aren't you? I am so are we both currently bottom two on the latter YEP.
Speaker 1: Commiserations mate, and all the best in draft though, all the best in draft all right, guys, enjoy leave us a rating and review if you're enjoying these draft episodes, subscribe on YouTube, comment whatever you want. Hit us up on Twitter as well. I'm at hk dos Lefdog. You're right left Dog on Twitter as well. A bit more active this year as well. Well, Let Dog on the Twitter.
Speaker 2: Sphere, so I haven't come out for a time. It's a little bit.
Speaker 1: Jump on board and we'll talk to you soon.