Speaker 1: Dan Houston's Monday to Wednesday at the Berk and it Tabin, Exelsat and Lighthouse War if you just know it's a Borough hotel, Dan.
Speaker 2: Good morning to you.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's two weeks ago. Damn. But how important is that Hawthorne win? Look now, when you look at the ladder which is just so congested, you know you don't win that game. You're in a very different position, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, when you look at it like that, and when you look at them absolutely smashing Brisbane and the wins that they've had, you know you do value that Hawthorne win. They are a very good side and you know, I'm sure ladder on down the year we'll look back at it and be very thankful for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally called the game on Saturday. You gots professional job against North. It wasn't exactly a raucous atmosphere down there, was it felt What did it feel like to playing? Because at times we thought this this has got a real trial game sort of vibe to it in terms of the the crowd numbers and the enthusiasm generally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was. Well, I've played there a few times and there's been a decent crowd. That's probably one of the lower crowds, but they were pretty vocal at some stage, especially when the ball Jason ran Fancas is going at it with the tagger and all that sort of stuff, which was good. It was good to have that sort of atmosphere and you know, we love getting down there when we can, but you know, it is also good playing in front of forty thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Is there any good, any good exchanges with Jason out They look like he was he was holding his own against the north boards. Did they talk much to him or does the effect you're getting thumped by ten goals tend to sort of quite the chirp a little bit?
Speaker 3: I think when you look at it from a TV perspective, I couldn't tell because I was playing down back that there was a little bit of chirp towards him. And he definitely, you know, vibes, offered and played really well and I love when he kicked a few gals. He definitely didn't shy away from letting them know about that.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't feel it doesn't get affected by it, You don't, because he's still young bloke. Sort of it almost gets him up at about you reckon.
Speaker 3: I think when you're that competitive, if people want to take you on and get out, yeah, it just takes you to another level. And that's definitely Jason and he loves it. And you know, if any other team wants to get under your skin, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Now warning, I don't know if you're aware of this, because this is only broke last night, and I suspect the club talking about it today. Tom ren were reported to us earlier this morning that all the club's got a memo but holding the ball r all interpretations being tightened up. They they're giving umpires that they've told umpires less time for it to be considered. You've got had pro opportunity, so more and more people are going to be getting pinged. Just on the face of it that having seen how it plays out, and again, you guys will be the first ones to see what the new interpretation held all unfolds. You happy with that? Do you think it's been getting a bit silly?
Speaker 3: I think there's been a few things that you've seen and it's like, well, it would be holding the ball, but you can't take them to ground. I think that's sort of that one needs to sort of be eliminated. And I think I saw Boky say something on AFL three sixty last night that you can't define what holding the ball looks like these days, and you know that's not for me to decide, but I think that's a that's a good way to go about it, is just really give us a a really clear indication of what it looks like so that we can just play footy from there.
Speaker 2: Then you're going to go from last Saturday game with hardly any atmosphere to one that's just going to be a total spectacle tomorrow night under lights. You might have to pack your brolly.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, I know, I know what's like sixteen meals. I was just there. I think last time we played it looks super wet and it was point two of a meal, So you.
Speaker 2: Don't, well, that was the Hawthorne game. Was that misty rain that Sunday are though? Yeah, you don't need much moisture to change the game in an instant, do you? No?
Speaker 3: You don't, you don't. I think, you know, hopefully the rain holds off, but it doesn't look like it, and you know, we'll have to adjust our game style a little bit. But I think it'd be a good contest. Culton love contested footy and if it's wet, there's going to be heap to that.
Speaker 2: What do you do? Do you do you think it could result in last minute changes to you know, if you're a big lumbering tool forward, it might not be your cup of tea. But if you're somebody likes zipping around on the ground, which could better Port more than Carlton with all their big tools, couldn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good question. It's definitely something that hasn't been discussed or not that I know of, but I think, yeah, definitely, I think maybe it's something might look into. I'm not too sure, but you know, definitely, small on the floor is a really beneficial thing to have in a wet game.
Speaker 1: You've been part of some port teams that have had wonderful mine around success minor premiers finished regularly in the top four. Has it ever felt quieter as the top four side as it does right now? You're halfway through the season. You guys are third on the ladder. Yet you tune into all those shows everyone talks about SYDNEYCAU Sydney'd be terrific, to be fair, their top but the Excellent revival seems to have captured everyone's imagination across the border, and gwos early form was something that everyone got excited by. You're sort of happy just skate along and doing your thing this year because it doesn't have the hype that has had in previous years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, as you said, we've been in this top four bracket for a few years now, and you know, there's been a little bit of hype, and then we've got to finals and we haven't quite been able to deliver. So I think for us this is expected and internally that's you know, what we're aiming for. But I think when we get to finals, that's where the hype will come and hopefully we can you know, get that little marginal gain and take it to the next level and go that little bit further, which I'm sure we'll drive a little bit of that height.
Speaker 2: Should listen in Friday, mate, your chairman is going to be co hosting the show with Will Kochi is coming in here for the full three hours. He's replacing me while I'm having a dental operation.
Speaker 1: You're going to need to deliver a win on Thursday night, Dan, because otherwise it's going to be hard work for me on Friday.
Speaker 2: There angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, good stuff. We'll catch you next week and all the best for tomorrow night, big game. The national audience watching in. It's going to be an absolute cracker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be love a big Thursday night game or Friday night game. And yeah, hopefully after this game we have a good win and the heart starts to turn a little bit for us and see how we go.
Speaker 1: Good stuff. David Penberthy and Will Goodings six to line five, double a breakfast