Speaker 1: Apod Shaped Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of.
Speaker 1: Am I A Bad Mom? Podcasts?
Speaker 2: We muddle through parenting because there's no real well there are books.
Speaker 3: No, there's no red we're talking about this. There's no books that say how to be a mom? Yeah, raising girls, raising boys.
Speaker 2: It blows my mind that if you think about driving, for example, like you have to have a license, you have to have done lessons, you have to have passed your test.
Speaker 1: Like, don't you think I just have to do kids to anyone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Kids just willy nilly, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna have a child. You don't even know what you're doing. That's the thing though, you just don't think. No, this is a natural instinct I you that comes out that says I want to be a.
Speaker 1: Mom yeah, or a dad yeah, And it's just change your mind. Not really. I love my kids. I love them.
Speaker 2: Am I a bad mum for telling a little white lie?
Speaker 1: Not at all?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Holly is the kid that is not really scared of much, right, So she will pick up spiders, she will kill ants. I'm allergic to green ants, as we know. She just squashes them with their finger. I'm like, oh, whether you're allergic or not.
Speaker 1: They're really painful.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't care about anything like that. It wouldn't FaZe her. If she saw a snake like nothing like that. She will swim in the ocean. Doesn't even think about sharks like that. Stuff doesn't bother her at all. There's one thing that she has always hated and still hates to this day, and that's a gecko. She absolutely hates gecko.
Speaker 1: Who's geckos? I see through a lizard.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 1: Harmless. They are not even gonna like. They don't want anything to do with you.
Speaker 2: They're harmless unless you eat them.
Speaker 1: You're eating geko.
Speaker 2: No, No, this is an actual story. This actually happened. I'm pretty sure it was definitely in Australia. Yeah, there was a guy so we're going off talking, but there was a guy who they had like a kid's birthday party or something, and the kids were like messing around, like daring each other to eat a gecko for whatever reason, they were kids, And for some unknown reason, the dad stepped in and went a ate the gecko. He died from what he died, No, because they're so full of disease.
Speaker 3: He died, well, he took a hit for the kids. Luckily, I want to talk about that particular birthday party. If your kids are sitting around fucking daring each other to eat geckos, we need to talk about your kind of birthday party.
Speaker 1: A physician, I was like, I can.
Speaker 3: Come up with a few different party tricks to not have them eating geckos.
Speaker 1: Just ever.
Speaker 2: Hates gekos them, Thank god.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: She had one in their bedroom right and it was little. It was like a baby gecko and she just started screaming, there a ge go in my room. It's bedtime. At that point, I just go to sleep. I've gone in and quiet this geko. Like, honestly, it's so fast, like I'm chasing this gecko around the room, like she stood outside the door. It's then gone behind them. I'm like, I'm never getting this geko reach, Like it's so fast, like I just can't get to it. So I've done here.
Speaker 1: It comes in a little mom would do, and.
Speaker 2: I've gone got it. I'm going to go and let it out in the garden. So I've walked down and I've let it out in my hands and I'm like, oh good, Like the gecko's gone happy. If you go to bed she's gone to bed.
Speaker 1: We're all good.
Speaker 2: Two nights later, h she comes screaming out of the room.
Speaker 1: They ain't Gecko in my bed.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's the same fucking Gekko. That's the same one, the same size, looks the same. It's inner bed. I was like, Okay, I'll get it, don't worry. She's outside the room. She's like hyperventilating my cup. Believe it in my bed? It was touching me.
Speaker 1: How long has it been in there?
Speaker 2: And I've actually been able to catch it, truthfully catch it and I've got it in my hands, and I'm like, I've gone over to it. And because I'm telling the truth this time, I'm like, look, have a look in here, Geko, you can see it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go and.
Speaker 2: Let it outside. I've gone and let it outside, and we're all good apart from she's thinking.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: She's thinking and thinking and it's going over and ticking over and mind and she's turned to me and she's gone, you didn't catch it the other day, did you? I think you pretended to get it and then you told me you'd got it. You went downstairs, you let it out in the garden. But there was nothing there to let out, and you left it in my room and you didn't tell me, and then it ended up in my bed. I was like, that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, because I wanted you to go to bed. You've got nothing, You've got nothing to come back on. It's not like you're saying no, I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: No, You're never gonna believe me ever again. And she even said to me, she said, I asked you to swear on your life. And I was like, yeah, but swearing on your life, it's horrible, like I do that. No, I'm telling the truth.
Speaker 3: I'm telling the truth now like you saw it. It was there, But I'm not swearing on anyone's life.
Speaker 1: It's bad. And I didn't swear on anyone's life the other night. So that's your fault. That's on you. That was your story. You heard that, not me. Oh my gosh, that.
Speaker 3: Is so good, because I genuinely just to wrap up in Africa, Gracie literally said to me.
Speaker 1: Mam, there's Geko on my bed. Mom, and I.
Speaker 3: Had again the face through the net. Momm I just had to get home in bed the geko was on my leg. I was like thinking in my head, is it a gecko? Like, why would a gecko climb underneath the sheet, underneath.
Speaker 1: The douvet run over your legs.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I had to then prove a point because it was like three o'clock in the morning, it was on the second night.
Speaker 1: We'd only been there two nights. And then I literally pulled it back in. There was his baby geko, and I was like, thank god it wasn't a scorpion or something.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I reckon because I have never in my life ever I like geckos, and I have never had a gecko in my bed ever in my life, nor have I known anyone to have a geko yeah in there, But I reckon. They can tell that she didn't like them. You don't know how they say, like horses can smell your fear, and dogs.
Speaker 1: And some cats don't like people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cats like people that don't like them. So the people, you know, people that walk in and go, oh my sorry, I don't do cats, and you're like okay, yeah, and then they just like gravitate to that person like magnetic force.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well my cat Nala, you know, she doesn't like anyone. She doesn't like the world like you. Arches her back, like fuck off. She doesn't like anyone.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The only person she likes my dad, who's like really allergic.
Speaker 1: He's the only person she.
Speaker 2: Will go and jump and still on his lap. I'm like, who, even Ei Nala, you don't sit on anyone's lap. Dad's like, God is puffer out, can't breathe.
Speaker 3: Not only did you try and kill him falling over the back of the boat, also trying to kill him with your cat.
Speaker 1: He's never coming back to Australia. Breathe, Sorry, Dad,