Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today always was always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, last week, after we did our pod stuff here, I went to another recording studio to record some demos for voice acting work right, And in a lot of the reads that I was doing, because I was in the little booth thing and then I was getting feedback in my ears, and in a lot of the feedback I was getting, she was saying, like, you're sounding really ozzy, Like can you just try and tone down how Australian you're sounding? And I was like, yeah, of course, I'm like trying not to sound like this. And then it's got me thinking, I think I'm blaming you.
Speaker 2: Why why drag me into this?
Speaker 1: Because I have been getting so many dms lately of people saying, when I'm just talking on my story day to day, you sound like Matt. Everyone's saying you are starting to sound like Matt. Yeah, And because I think, like, you know, when you're just hanging out with someone like more all of a sudden, like you'd rap off on each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I've noticed I'm starting to say words the way that you do sometimes, and I think that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I love this, and you know what it actually is, a petty gripe of mine. Yeah, because this has been me my whole life. What I have, all these little things that I say and I do, and then other people adopt them, which I don't mind.
Speaker 1: You just subconsciously I love it, do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that, like you will say things in the same manner that I do, and it happens to a lot of people in my life, but also other influencers and content creators who watch my content then adopt that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And what I then get pissed off at is when people tell me that I have copied someone else because they have adopted my saying like I mean that Surrey, Surrey. I've been saying that Surrey for years. I don't know whether someone else originated that before me. But then Milli Graham in the in COVID started doing the teacher videos and she was like, oh, Surrey Surrey. Boys, Now I'm not saying she copied me specifically, but like, it really fucking pissed me off that everyone was like, you're doing the milligram. Sorry, I'm like, that was my fucker. I didn't even know who many Graham was when I was saying sorry, But I actually saw it myself.
Speaker 1: I saw on one of our high scrollers tiktoks last night someone was saying that you're trying to be Mitch. Me too, Kombs.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing, well, I'm offended. I'm quitting my job.
Speaker 1: That's not on I don't know one of the most recent ones. I can't remember what video it was, but someone said he's trying to be Mitch or something like. That's a comment back and be like, Matt's been around forever. Fuck off.
Speaker 2: And also they don't know the law that Mitch and I were really really good friends. Also, Mitch is weird. It's Mitchell to me, Oh sorry, it's Mitch Cherry and Mitchell Kumbs.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's called Mitchell Mitchell.
Speaker 2: I don't know any but yeah, Mitchell and I were such good friends for a long time and we still are. Obviously, we just don't see as much of each other as often as we did because we used to work so closely together. But obviously when you spend that much time with someone, you're gonna, as you say, rub on one another. Yeah, and we're both Bogan Gays, so it makes sense that we're very similar. But yeah, I don't know. I've got it the whole time. When I started YouTube, I was I was copying Michael Finch. I said, I started my fucking channel before him. When I did Facebook videos and people would say Sandra was like Trish by Christian Hull. I'm going, Sandra was around first.
Speaker 1: You know, this person said, this guy always trying to sound like Mitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm assuming they mean Mitchell koumb Yeah, who knows who else would it be. But see, it's also so funny because I see Mitchell Creams and i A is so distinctly different. I listened to Mitchell Creams and my voice would never be that fucking bargain. It's like, it's funny that that's the way.
Speaker 1: But yeah, people m me going, oh my god, the way that you just like just when I'm chatting on my stories about whatever, people go, you sound like Matt right now. And I'm not even trying to put on a voice. But when you hang out with someone often enough, but you just start picking picking up the way they say things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love it. I love that people adopt like Sammy and all the rest of that. I can't even think off the top of my head. As well, there was a moment where everyone was saying Celara, Celada Clada, which technically I didn't create. I was working at McDonald's at the time, and Taylor, a girl that I worked with who was a very good friend of mine, she actually came up with it, but then I adopt did it from her?
Speaker 1: I think the one thing I say I find myself saying that you say is ki okay, yeah, Like I'll be talking to April at work, I'm going and I'm like, oh my god, that was mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So there's like so many little things and I love that people who adopt them and use them in their lives and all the rest of that. But I just fucking hate when, like other people get credit for what I do. But I've always struggled with that my whole life. Hate people copying me and then getting praised for it, Like especially like even in school when you like do a project or something and like you'd in a group project, you've done the work, someone else gets a credit for it or whatever it may be, or like anyway that I could tell you a million stories about all but all the times I've been pissed off about that.
Speaker 1: To summarize, if I sound more ausy, I'm blaming you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well I'm with you on that one. Then at first I thought I was going to get attapped. But isn't it nice to say that we spend enough time together?
Speaker 1: Now? Yeah, I'm morphing into you and your voice. And the hard thing is when I was doing those like ad reads, She's like, do it again, but like have less of an Australian accent. And I'm like, how, yeah, how when that is mea?
Speaker 2: Can you give us a little.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Why am I trying and say, what's the word? Give us a demo? Sorry of what you had to.
Speaker 1: I was saying that something I was doing Nature's way okay, which is vitamins, I think, yeah, And so I was trying to like promote the nature's way whatever. But she's like, you're saying nature like. Try and say like nature like but without sounding American American, So try and say try Nature's way new Vita Gummies. But try and say it without sounding Ozzy, but with an Australian accent.
Speaker 2: Try Nature's way Vita Gummies. What was it, Vita gummies? Yeah, just say that, Try Nature's way New Varta Gummies.
Speaker 1: Which is like, so you're saying nature, yeah, Nature's Yeah, like that, You've got to be like, try and.
Speaker 2: Try Nature's way, Natures try any more. There was nice, Nature is nice.
Speaker 1: Try Nature's way, whereas it's like Nature's Nature's why try Nature's way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. I just feel like I'm just not brought to you by also sponsored in any way. Fine, okay, yeah, kind So did you get that? So did you get through it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I got there in the end. And I actually I don't have I don't have the demo yet to show you, but I will show it in an upcoming episode because we made a discovery because when you're recording a voice demo, they want to show how much variety that you've got, you know, back to back in the demo, so that you can get booked for different kinds of jobs. And we had this one script which was like powerful and motivating and she's like do it in American accent, and I'm like, oh, okay, Like I've never practiced an American accent, and I'm like, what kind of accent? Just whatever comes out, Like just do the script in an American accent. And it was like one of those scripts. It's like chase your dreams and unlock your power blah blah blah. Nailed it. She was like, who the fuck was that. She's like, you sound like a forty year old woman, but like in the best way ever. And I'm gonna when I get the demo, I'll play it in here, okay, because I even surprised myself with how good I could do this American accent. And she's like, what the fuck? And then she's like, the way that you're talking in that American accent, that's what I want to hear in the Australian one. When I'm telling you to not sound Australian. She's like, whatever, that doesn't make sense though, That's what She's like, whatever you're doing when you're talking an American accent, you need to do the same for your Aussie one. Anyway, it was really interesting. I'll play the clip when I get it, hopefully by like next week or something.
Speaker 2: I learned, learned or learned something on TikTok the other day, which I was going to talk about it in the main episode, but actually I don't know if it's interesting or off, and I don't know whether you know it or not. Yeah, but I was going to include it in that section that we were talking about earlier this week about things we learned this week, yeah, or today or whatever. But do you know why flight attendants say hello to you when you bought the plane?
Speaker 1: Is it because they're sussing out whether you're going to be helpful in an emergency?
Speaker 2: No, but that's a really good I guess. Yeah. Obviously they say hello because like customer servers, they have to greet you aboard, but they actually if you next time you go on because I learned this before I flew back to Sydney from Brisbane. Yeah, and next.
Speaker 1: Time you go on, I'm going on a plane tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh well, take notice and then maybe you can come back to us next week and tell us. Okay, take notice of how they look at you and quite intently, like they actually purposely like really focusing on you.
Speaker 1: Literally going on like four planes this week, so I'll do it for every flight.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. So basically obviously they're saying hello because they've got to greet you on board, they've got to check your ticket, but they're actually looking at you really intently and like sussing out your response as well to see whether one you're sick or two you're drunk. And I was like wow, because I actually just going on to sickers in, like you've got a cold, or you're sick, or you're going to vomit or whatever, because you can't go on a fly if you're sick. Like literally, if you go to check in and they notice you're sick, they'll go you are too sick to fly. We're not allowing you to fly because you make everyone else on the flight sick. And this is like a pre COVID thing. This has always been a.
Speaker 1: Thing I'll never forget. When my sister, my mum and I went to Thailand.
Speaker 2: I was, is this another shit in yourself story?
Speaker 1: No, but vomit.
Speaker 2: When, which I've been told we need to give a disclaimer for by the way, so vomit talk coming up. So switch. Some people really can't cope with hearing stories about pooing, poohing or vomiting and someone I know told me that they thought, you know what I'll do, And they've got the like a massive fear of hearing about like it makes them sick and like the hearing vomiting. But pooy, Yeah, they were going to the nail salon and put their headphones in, and then played that episode where we talked about Bali and having issues coming back from Bali and how I was like shipped myself in the hotel and her hands were preoccupied so she couldn't turn her headphones off get him out of here. Shaken. She was shaken, having a panic attack while it was happening. So here's your disclaimer, if you haven't already switched off, I'm not going.
Speaker 1: To give any comedy anyway. We went to Thailand, I would have been I think I was just eighteen and my sister was fifteen. Not that that matters, but that's how long ago. It was, okay, and had a great time, And then at the airport on the way home, we both ordered a sandwich from like a little cafeteria thing, And I don't know if it was a sandwich that made us feel sick or we just so happened to like get sick at the same time, but we both got sick in the airport, and then we had to catch two flights, Like you get on the first little domestic one, then you get on the big long one home. So on the domestic flight, my sister and I both vomiting, like going to the toilet vomiting, and they gave us like a charcoal tablet. Have you ever had one of.
Speaker 2: Those soaks it all up, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that didn't help, like just spewed it back up, trigger warning. And then the whole flight home, like the I don't know how long the flight is, eleven hours or something like that. We were both just sick the entire time, I think, especially my sister. She spent more time in the toilet than like in her seat on the plane. And then the flight attendants picked up on the fact that we were both sick, especially my sister. And then at the end, like everyone was exhausted, like done the long haul flight, but the whole plane had to sit there for ages on the tarmac because quarantine had to come onto the plane and like quarantine us, and everyone was so mad because you know, when you're off a long flight, you just want to get the fuck off there. We had to wait like half an hour or more for quarantine to come and check that we were fine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so embarrassing it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would not recommend so shit, Yeah, be careful.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's actually the reason they actually don't care if other people get sick. Maybe that's the reason is it causes too much ADMIN for them. Yeah, Like it's because I always just assumed you weren't allowed to fly if you were sick, because you might give other people your sickness. But now that they think about it, the quarantine thing would fuck me off. As a flight attendant. I go these two little bitches.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you the story.
Speaker 2: Toilet, I got to clean that lader and also quarantine's got to come.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The stories that pissed me off the most is the stories that you've heard where people have like blind drunk on a flight and it makes the plane turn around and go back to where it was where it started. Really, so people have let's say they go on a bali from Melbourne. I've heard stories on the news where people are so reckless, like up in the air that they turn the plane around and land and drop that person back home, or they go to a completely different city to like drop that person off. Imagine I'd be furious your whole trip getting like flung around because it's some person. I've never been drunk on a plane. I like, I've had like two wines or whatever, but I have never been drunk on a plane. But I know people get like pissed on a plane, especially if it's like their long international one where you have free alcohol. I think it's easier, yeah, because of the altitude or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't remember if I've ever been drunk on a plane or not. Not on a domestic flight, but I'm trying to think when I went to because I flew business.
Speaker 1: That's the only time I have had a couple of red ones is on a domestic flight.
Speaker 2: A couple of red wines. I'm not a red wine drinker. I love a red I don't get around it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I've just started enjoying a Pinot Greese. I love a rose. I love a savv B as we know little Sammalon.
Speaker 1: But if you like savvy b, you can drink red.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah? Okay, and then and then I've gone off. Muscado mescato was a big.
Speaker 1: One for me back in the day, like, yeah, I give.
Speaker 2: Me sweet get a bottle of sweet lips. Yeah, bottle of sweet lips. It was like three dollars fifty from Dan Murphy's and you'd go go go with your sweet lips moscato. And some nights sometimes I would get a case of six and it would be gone over the weekend. Like four bottles one night, two balls the next night. There's only three standard drinks in a bottle. But anyway, before I tell you about my trauma, how about we just wrap this closed episode? Close friends, episode up, Remember, like subscribe, join our broadcast channel. I can't remember what else I need to tell you. We'll see you next Tuesday.