Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: We're skipping the intro today and just cutting straight the fucking Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a close brand I because we've got a lot to talk about it and in these episodes What meant to be on Nova likes them to be ten minutes, but we talk.
Speaker 1: We stretch around you like.
Speaker 2: Twenty minute one. Sorry Hannah. Anyway, I was saying last week that I was going to see sis Rack, and I went and saw it, and I thought i'd give you all an update on that because I had a terrible fucking time. Oh now I'll get there. I'll get there. First of all, I put it on my story a lot of people asking for a review. Look, not my favorite, but not the worst camp fun may I don't know it, just like I kind of felt it was one of those musicals where I went, did we need this? Did we need this to happen?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I we will say the cast, the production, all the rest of it. Nothing against them. The cast was fabulous, everyone hit every note. It was gorgeous, but like just the actual storyline, I was like, did this need to be a musical? I just went because I went and saw Cruel Intentions, you know, like the nineteen nineties movie Cruel Intentions. They made that a musical and I went and it was like a jukebox musical, so they just had like pop songs to tell the story yep, And I went like, fabulous job everyone, but fuck, we didn't need this, you know. I didn't need to come and see it anyway. So it was a bit the same with Sister Act. I went, well, this is fun, but I would never see it again. I was disappointed because Casey Donovan wasn't even on, which was the whole reason I went and saw the show. I don't even think I've ever watched the Sister Act musical, but I went for Casey Donovan because I love her. She unfortunately had COVID end influenza RAE, so rest up girlfriend, but she wasn't on. Now the girl who was her un study absolutely fabulous, what a star, and I actually was like this role was born. She was born to play that role. She did, like such a good job. I felt the audience was very awkward. The show itself pokes a lot of fun at Christianity and you know, Catholics and things like that, and I said that in last week's episode that I knew that was going on because they'd gotten some complaints. The audience just wasn't on board with how much of a mockery the I guess production makes of religion.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't people know that before going?
Speaker 2: Did you research?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So that was like it was almost uncomfortable to being an audience member because I was like trying not to piss myself, but all the you know people around me were like ooh ah, you know, like they weren't there for it.
Speaker 1: I wish I lived in Sydney so I could come nd you every time I see you going to a musical on your story, I'm like, damn it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But look, I was just like it was good. It was a nice night out with my friends. You know, we got cheap tickets because you know, I know someone who knows someone's We've got a bit of a discount on them. And that was nice. It was lovely. But I wouldn't see it again, and I don't think it's a must see to be honest, but good job to them love it. I'd probably give it three out of five stars if I had to give it a rating. And maybe it was the environment, the people in the audience. Maybe it was the fact Casey Donovan wasn't on stage that made me like not have as good an experience. But there was something that happened that actually made me have the worst theater experience of my life. First of all, since COVID, I feel like theater etiquette in general has gone way downhill. Like people aren't turning their phones off. People's phones are ringing, people are coughing, crinkling chip packets and crinkling, getting up and going to the toilet every two minutes, Like people are always like you know, in a theater show. It's just kind of like I get that some people need to use the bathroom. I get it, but like the amount of people who get up or got up like five ten years ago, I feel like maybe one or two people because you know, they can't control their bladder and they've got to go fair enough. I feel like people just get bored and go for a fucking one to have a vape out the front. Just sit on their phone in the foyard. I don't know what they're doing. Actually, people sit on their phone in the show, like you can see the phone like lighting up their face.
Speaker 1: They get in trouble like with their phones.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's similar to all the custom service we hear from everyone who works in customer service. Why bother us telling someone to put their phone away or be quiet or stop talking? Ohlahlahlah, because you just like don't want the haspen.
Speaker 1: So I can't stand like I'm sure a lot of people are the same. Even when I'm like working in our office. I can't deal with like the typing and hearing people sniff and cough like it drives me up. Either got to put headphones on or like go downstairs because I can't deal with the noises and I feel the saophonia.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is? Yeah, you got misophonia.
Speaker 1: Whenever I'm at the movies or if I go to see a musical, like the distant coughing and like sniffing like makes me want to leave, Like I can't deal with those noises.
Speaker 2: Yeah I can't. Here. So I actually heard someone in front of me, who was doing worse than crinkling, coughing, getting up and going to the toilet. She was just flat out talking, talking like she was at home on the lounge, chatting to the lady next to her. She was in a group of four, and then she was sitting next to a man who wasn't with her, and she was just to her would be well. She was just talking to him and he's trying to like, you know, give her h yeah, yeah, no worries. And she's talking to him. She's talking to her sister next to her. There's two other ladies that she's with her on the shoulder, I'll get their honey, and she's leaning forward saying to the other ladies like, you know, I don't don't even know what she was saying, but she was actually just talking it like not even a whisper. It was loud, and I went sh and then I went sh and she still didn't hear me. So I tapped her on the shoulder, tapped her on the shoulder three times and said and she turns around she goes, are you fucking serious? Fuck you? And I was like whow. So now everyone's like look and she keeps turning around and going, eh, dare you haw, dear hew, dare you the whole rest of the time, and then I went, I just kept going. I said, be quiet, you're disrespectful. And then she turns around. She's huffing and puffing, and then it's almost the intermission. I would and also everyone around her for the last twenty minutes has been turning around and looking and shaking their heads and like everyone knows this is going on. First of all, if someone says sh to someone, back them the fuck up. Yeah, because no one else jumped in, I've gone. I was like, Okay, I was getting so frustrated for twenty minutes. I was like, I've got to say something. I finally said something, and I thought, right, I've I've burst the bullet here. Everyone else is going to eat everyone else is going to jump in now that I've said something. No one did. So then at intermission the lights come on, she stands up and she turns around. She starts yelling at me, and she at first like, I don't even know what she was saying, because I knew this was given her reaction, and I knew something was coming, so I was prepared. I was ready to go, and I was calling her, ash, go get fucked to your stupid blah blah blahah yeah, yeah yeah, because she was yelling at me too, and I said, you're so disrespectful, you're you're just because she was going, you're you you assaulted me blah blahlah. I've tapped her on the shoulder, grow up, you're stupid. Anyway, The point is she's going at me's going, you need to go back into your little hole that you wherever you came from, because the world's not like what you think it is. And I'm going, I literally asked you to be quiet because you're so disrespectful. And she goes, how am I disrespectful? I said to me, everyone around you, the performers on stage, everyone, Skyla who never says anything. He's going at her as well, like it was a whole on her. So we did and let me tell the story. We'll get there anyway, try to be logical like going on it. I'm going, I said, I'm not going to be made to feel bad because you are a disgusting, disrespectful human being. Everyone's looking like I'm like, I can't just like back down now. She goes she goes I actually asked everyone around me whether I was talking too loud, and they all told me I was talking very quietly. I said, you shouldn't be talking at all, you know, like I'm just not holding back. Everyone's looking. I'm like, you are a disgrace, disgusting. You can get out, go go outside, blah blah blah. Anyway, I'm just saying whatever I can to disuffuse the situation. I wasn't actually yelling that loud, by the way, Yeah I should say I wasn't yelling that loud, but I wish I could have. But I was just going, you are not gonna make me feel bad. I said to her, You're not gonna make me feel bad. You are the wrong person in this situation. I can't believe you are accusing me of being rude when you are talking throughout a performance and again during a big number like where we can't hear what you're saying. I'm not kidding. It was quiet, vulnerable scenes where there's nothing happening except two people talking, and she's talking, and she's just talking about god knows what. Anyway, she goes out to intimate. She comes back with a glass of red wine that is filled to the fucking brieman. I am sitting in a white jumper, and I thought that's not a good sign. I thought I can't provoke her anyway. When she came and sat back down, she actually didn't sit in front of me. She sat in one of her friend's seats, so she was actually like three or four seats down now, so she wasn't in front of me. Then, what's actually worse than her is her friend who she was sitting next to.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck are these people?
Speaker 2: Right in the second in the second half, then they both were talking to each other and loudly and pointing and oh my god, like being loud on purpose. And she's saying things like, I hate bitchy men. Don't you just hate men who are bitches? Looking at me?
Speaker 1: How old about people?
Speaker 2: How fucking fifty or something, I don't care what. It doesn't matter how old you are. You could be grow twelve. And if you're talking, I'm going to tell you to be quiet, please. So she's going on and on. She's got a red wine. Oh my god, I'm going if I say anything, that's going all over me. But surely someone else will say something again. The whole time, I can still hear her. Everyone's shaking their heads around her. Everyone. The usher comes down and tells her she needs to be quiet. She doesn't be quiet. She then drinks so much red one she passes out during like the third last song, and she's asleep on the lap of the person next to her. The usher comes down and is like RSA vibes like she's got to go, and so the other person wakes her up, and then she's still gonna around like and then another person finally went, and she turned around and goes, oh, back at you. I was like, I am fucking appalled at your behavior. You are literally scum of the earth, Like what is going on? And then yeah, she fell asleep at the end anyway, for the last few songs. But my thing is what's worse than her behavior is actually the friend she was with enabling that behavior.
Speaker 1: If I went to anywhere with you and you were acting that way, I would say, what the are you doing it? Right? You would pull your friend up and right be quiet or go outside.
Speaker 2: I was appalled at the fact that fair enough she's talking, she's a loser, but like for the friend to be encouraging her and they were pretending they were going to elbow me in the face and all the rest of this hell and like, oh, just a darrow disgusting Like I was just like, oh, seriously, I mean and I and you know what I said, like not to them, but I thought to myself, bring it on, Babs, like you elbow me in the face, You're going to jale Like come on, you know what I mean, I am suing you to the end of the earth because I'm looking at your jewelry and your rmez bag and I'm thinking, surely you got some money. I'll see you damages. This is my face, it's my moneymaker, you know.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 2: So I was quietly hoping there would be a little assaulting there for me and I could get a payday. But no, nothing of the thought. Damn anyway, it left such a sour taste in my mouth. This is a message to the scrollers, who I'm sure who all are absolutely great and have theater etiquette. Turn your phones off off, not on silent, because I went to one a few weeks ago where it kept the phone kept buzzing in the seat behind me and the group chat was going off, so the phone was on silent, but all I could hear every two seconds was I'm like, can you not just respect everyone around you and turn it off? The only time I turned my phone off is in the theater. I don't think I turned my phone off at any other time, but in.
Speaker 1: The theater, people go like, why go to something like that.
Speaker 2: A'm not scared that like do not disturb won't work and you'll it'll ring.
Speaker 1: Just turn your phone off and enjoy it or get the fuck out anyway.
Speaker 2: I feel really good that I've got that off my chest. Now, what would you like to say? Because I've had my rent, I feel that was a therapy session for me. Thank you for listening. Everyone.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna like because that seems so ridiculous. I thought, towards the end, you're gonna say, I've just made this up for the sake of the poet.
Speaker 2: Nah, Like was that ridiculous? Nah? Someone asked me if my knife story from last week's episode was made up. I said, no, I don't think I've ever I've never made up a story on high scholers. I know, with like my comedy shows, it's like you know you you've got the truth, and then you're added a bit of GST and then you know you've got the story and a punchline. But with high schoolers, no, everything we say here is one hundred percent true. So yeah, that's what happened. And obviously I throw in some theatrics, like I was yelling. I wasn't yelling in the theater, but I was saying, oh you're oh, you're disgusting ill yack, Yeah, get away, you're stupid. Been there.
Speaker 1: I would have chimed in with you.
Speaker 2: Well, so it was so nice that Skylark.
Speaker 1: I would have videoed well, I you know, I consider.
Speaker 2: Doing all of that and saying does anyone know who this woman is on my story media and going disgusting? I just think you're disgusting. That's how I feel about people like that, just the lack of respect for other human beings boring. Anyway, that's off my chest. I feel great.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: What would you like to say?
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of silence and being quiet, well, it's not real. Literally have much to say. Like the other night, I was out with a bunch of friends and AJ and we just walked past this random little bar in Newcastle and they had a little chalkboard out the front and says silent disco tonight.
Speaker 2: And did you go Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it was so fun. So yeah, like I think we need to bring back silent discos more.
Speaker 2: So, what is the benefit of a silent disco, because I don't think I've ever been. First of all, is there only one channel?
Speaker 1: No, so there's four or like depending where you go. And it was free, like you just walked in. They handed us all as a set of headphones. My only first thought was how feral is this? Like these headphones are being worn? Who knows how many times you literally put the headphones on, so it's absolutely dead silent in the bar and on the dance floor it's dead silent. You put the headphones on and there's a little channel flicker on the side and then each channel, like the headphones will change color. So then we just put them all on and it's just fucking hilarious because you'd go on the dance floor and you're having the best time and you like take the headphones off and it's just like you can hear people's feet, like people laughing or like singing really bad. But it was actually so fucking fun. It's like the most random thing ever. We had no idea. It was on for any of you that are in Newcastle. It's at the Rogue Scholar Bar, which is this random little bar in town. And I can't remember exactly, but I think the guy said to me that they do them once a month, so look it up if you want to have like a fun activity to do with your friends. And it's right next door to Jam's karaoke bar, so you could do like a karaoke night and silent disco night. But it was just the most fun ever. And then like you'd put on one channel and it'd be a really good song and then you'd be like to all your friends, come on, go on this one. Then you'll be on the same or you'd like vibe with someone across the room who's also listening to.
Speaker 2: The same one, Like oh yeah, fun.
Speaker 1: I loved it, Like it's so fucking fun, but like how do you talk? Don't? Yeah, you take the headphone off and the nude yelling, but it's not even very loud in there. I've got some videos on my front I'll have to show you. Okay, it's just it's fucking creamy, but like so fun, and I say, bring back more silent discos.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do a high school of silent disco. Yes, surely, stuff the live shows. We're doing a silent disco. You can all come. You can have Brittany and Money on one channel, you can have me on another channel.
Speaker 1: It was so good, It was so random. But yeah, maybe you need to go there because then you can't be interrupted by anyone.
Speaker 2: Sounds like heaven to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just put on the headphones and have a good time.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what else to say. After I got that off my chest.
Speaker 1: That was a good therapy.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, what happens in close friends days in close friends? Okay, I don't need that getting back to her, she might sue me for defamation. I'll bring it on though. I wish you'd videoed it, so do I. Anyway, sit you next Tuesday. We got to say that, ye es, I forgot. That was our little outr. See you next Tuesday.