Speaker 1: This is Adelaide's Jody and Hazy on over nine one nine.
Speaker 2: It's Halloween and time to get scary.
Speaker 1: Our next guest has been investigating the paranormal for over thirty years, taking locals to some of the most haunted places in Adelaide. Paranormal expert, ghost hunter and owner of Haunted Horizons Ghost Tours. Please welcome Alison Oball.
Speaker 3: Good morning to you and happy Halloween.
Speaker 4: Happy Halloween, can you too?
Speaker 1: This is your this is your wheelhouse here, Allison, this time of year, surely it is.
Speaker 4: Our busiest time. I must's met. Yes, however, actually are real Halloween here in the Southern Hemisphere. It's a Northern Hemisphere. I think ours is until the end of April.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Alison, let's go straight to it. Can you please tell us your most intense, maybe spine chilling ghost encounter.
Speaker 4: Our main ones will be here in South Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh, great.
Speaker 4: Z Ward, which is the asylum that we do the tours are. I was in one of the rooms there, one of the cells with the tour, and we all become silhouettes because we don't have lights on and I have the silhouette of a guest, right in my face, which is really off putting because nobody wants anybody back close to your face. So I made a polite point of trying to make make them move back, touch them or move back. So I broke off and said, I'm sorry, I soid is that somebody next to me? And I put my hand out to touch them. My hand kept going. Now several people in the room freaked out, but they said my hand went out. Whatever it was, leaned back away from my hand and then completely vanished in front of them. End of tour, everybody was out that room. I'm like, they go.
Speaker 3: Yes, money back, because that's what you pay for.
Speaker 2: What sort of people aren't crossing over?
Speaker 1: What sort of people are going you know what, I've got business to do here on earth, and I'm going to linger around and I'm going to be a spirit or a ghost or whatever you may call it. What sort of people are still sticking around now?
Speaker 4: Normally, I would say with asylums and jails, especially the criminal ones at the end of the day. In the old days, they were very religious then. And if you've committed a crime, if you've murdered somebody or something like that, obviously where you're going to go.
Speaker 3: You think you're going to hell?
Speaker 4: So doesn't Adelaide jail or an asylum look a lot better.
Speaker 6: Around?
Speaker 4: That is not fact. That is not fact that it's just I've always thought about it myself. Why are the places like jails and sloanes seem to be very active?
Speaker 3: Alison?
Speaker 5: Are you immune to fee like? Do you still get scared like the rest of us?
Speaker 3: Oh? God, yea.
Speaker 4: Not in my own places. I'm used to them. I know how far it will go and what to expect. But when I go to America and England and you are in those huge penitentiaries and there's only two of you because you've hired it just for the two of you, and nobody else is on site near there for the night, Yes, you still feel that fear?
Speaker 3: You do it?
Speaker 4: But you do you do feel that fear?
Speaker 3: Do you feel in danger?
Speaker 4: I must have met there wars one time in Zedward where I did leave. I bailed.
Speaker 2: Where is this bloody asylum?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That's here, it's campus.
Speaker 2: Yeah jeez, okay, yeah, good old? I say, so, why did you bail?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: During the something flat Bush fires nine years ago and I was going to I couldn't get home because I live up in the hills, and I thought, well, that's all right, off stairs Edward, because I've got the keys. I'll just live there.
Speaker 2: All the places just a rest head for the night.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's like a perfectly nice Stanford on North Terrace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I bailed ten minutes because something moved across the hallway. About five minutes later it was got closer. It flitted again. It was this time was closer to me, and the whole feeling, the whole feeling was whatever that one was, It just felt that one wanted to hurt and it's just come out. I slept in my bus for the night. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another wise decision.
Speaker 1: Are most of these ghosts or spirits or whatever you want to call them paranormal beings?
Speaker 2: Do you ever speak make a sound?
Speaker 4: That's very rare. I've had it twice in my own home, and there was witnesses to one of them. We were sitting here in the office and a woman's voice in the office just went hello, and we just could not find the cause of it. And then I had one the other day. It was a male voice doing the same thing. I'm sitting here working in the office on my own at home and I just heard the mail boys saying hello, and there was absolutely nobody. Nobody read and my house isn't haunted. Yeah, it was very, very bizarre, Alston.
Speaker 2: What do your people do if they do in CA to a spirit or a ghost.
Speaker 4: Not panic? Yeah, you know, it's like I say, in houses, people are frightened because it's the unknown, and it's probably just somebody who used to live there that is still just sharing their home.
Speaker 5: I'm still doing this though, Alison. Thank you so much for chatting with us this morning. It's absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, Allison, when I go I'm coming back to Haunt Hazy excellent, stick around with your camera in your life, and.
Speaker 3: When I see you coming, Alison, I'm going to go hello.
Speaker 4: I've already told my team that the tourists have to continue when I pass over. If you here, if you hear Alison Noborne, owner of Haunted Horizons passed away, yeah, book your tickets. You are going to have the best go do what you've ever had.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Alison. That was amazing.
Speaker 3: It is time to share some ghosts. Oh that's scary, isn't it isn't that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're horrifying. Have you ever encountered a ghost?
Speaker 5: Not me personally, but my mother tells a story about when she was very, very small, like a prima school maybe seven eight years old, and she was in bed.
Speaker 3: With her brothers.
Speaker 5: She had three brothers, and that she swears, absolutely swears, that she was looking at the wall. It was the middle of the night, and that a figure came through the wall. A head came through the wall and looked her dead in the eye, and she said she was so scared that her voice wouldn't work right, and it looked at her and it basically looked up and down and then disappeared.
Speaker 3: And then they found out that it matched.
Speaker 5: The description of the person who built the house and lived there their entire life.
Speaker 2: And did they die grizzly death?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that would have made the story better.
Speaker 3: We would have hang on, can I go back?
Speaker 5: But you can imagine a seven or eight year old telling her brothers the next day about her and the brothers how they would have reacted.
Speaker 2: Is she sure it wasn't a dream?
Speaker 5: She swears that she did, because she claims that she obviously couldn't get back to sleep. Yeah, so it would have been like two or three in the morning, and she stayed there completely wild away for the rest of the night and waited till their brothers woke up to tell them the story, which they obviously said, you're completely full of you know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know sometimes when you dream right and you're scared or someone's chasing you or they catch you, you try and scream that you can't in your dreams.
Speaker 2: So I have no doubts over der dream. Let's just say it.
Speaker 3: Oh my very goodness, she was eight years old. I have some compassion jokes.
Speaker 2: I think no one believed her at the time too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, let's go around the rooms. Yeah, produces are.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had I've spoken about before, because genuinely I don't believe in this stuff. I'll say, but this I cannot explain. I was living with mum and my dog about ten years ago, and my dog is terrified of storms.
Speaker 9: So it was middle of the night.
Speaker 8: I woke up because it was such a big storm and my shadows were going Yeah.
Speaker 10: I went as shout as we're going yeah, classic forest story.
Speaker 9: Well just set up and then it's thunder as well.
Speaker 8: My first thought was, oh, the dog's going to be losing it, so I'll get up and make sure she's all right. And then I went, oh, no, it's all good. Dogs on the end of my bed. Mum's already thought of this. She's come in and she's patting the dog and calming the dog.
Speaker 9: And so I open up myrs.
Speaker 8: I look at Mom and I go, oh, she al right, she's completely ignored me.
Speaker 3: Rude mum, mum.
Speaker 9: And then this figure just looked at me and disappeared.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: And I thought, just because it's the only the two of us at home, I assumed it was Mum patting the dog. Bin said she slept through the whole night. She never came in, didn't touch the dog, dog was completely calm. I thought I was dreaming. So I rolled over and wrote a note in my phone. Yeah, next morning, note was in there. It was like two thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Let's hear you ghost stories this morning, your spiritual encounters, give us a past thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 2: We'd love to hear you. Also your thoughts on did Hayes full of it?
Speaker 3: Yes? With love? Your thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: And also I sent as three thoughts on Are you a ghost? And do you break into people's houses have at their doctors?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to Jess. Good morning morning.
Speaker 1: Firstly, Happy Halloween. Secondly, what is your ghost story?
Speaker 11: She is about my daughter. She was three years old. A friend and I were going to pick up some plants just off a marketplace at a let's house. So we went around to this lady's house and as we're about to walk in, my three year old daughter says, Mom.
Speaker 12: Why are we at the doctors?
Speaker 11: And I said, darling, we're not at the doctors. And she said, yes, we want to go to the doctor's mum. And she was going, why are you here? And I said, it's not the doctors and this lady's face she just looked at me as the lady that lived there, and went like really pale and had mely tears in her eyes. And I was like, are you okay? She said, what did your daughter just say? I said, oh, she just seaks throughout the doctors. I don't know what she's on about sort of things. And she just went really really pale, and she said this actually used to be a doctor's surgery and one of the doctors actually died in here.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 11: And yeah it was quite freaky. And yeah, there's no way obviously my daughter would have known any of that, and apparently she'd obviously seen something there, and yeah, a bit of a weird time, excellent ess story.
Speaker 2: Did she go into like how the doctor died?
Speaker 11: No, I didn't really died into that, I think unfortunately it was Yes, I don't know. I think she was actually related to the doctor, to be honest. Yeah, she didn't really go too much into it. But yeah, it was really awkward after that because she was just so pale, and yeah, she was kind of freaked out and my daughter, take.
Speaker 2: Your glance and go good.
Speaker 5: We can only assume a gruesome death to add to the story.
Speaker 1: We can't assume that it could have just been a heart attack or something. Oh my goodness, Scarlet, good morning, your ghost story.
Speaker 2: Go please.
Speaker 13: So when I was about fourteen, I was walking to a friend's house with just a few of my friends and we were cutting through the streets, so went back walked through an alleyway. The second I stepped in, all the hairs like stood up on my body, had this heavy feeling on my chest and like I could barely walk my legs were completely jelly. My friends even said to me, like, did you see a ghost or something? Because I was just I would have looked pale. Finally got through the alleyway. At the time, for some reason, all I could think of was my uncle who actually got murdered when I was two years old, which happened in an alleyway. So got home, spoke to my mum, looked at the newspaper article and that was the alleyway. Oh gosh. Yeah, did you have no explanation for it was a full body reaction, but I knew, so, yeah it was.
Speaker 5: How did you So? How did your mom feel about the situation? That must have sugar her a little bit.
Speaker 4: She was fouit.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I've had other experiences, so that's not new to me. But she was pretty freaked out. There's just no explanation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So speechless, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm speechless in this situation and I'm the grim Reaper today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. Should be used to this kind of stuff, I.
Speaker 2: Know, Well, normally I'm dispensing death. Yeah, wow, that.
Speaker 3: Is INCREDI fun when you're on the other side of it, is it? Grim Reaper?
Speaker 2: Let's go to Corny. You did the ghost tour?
Speaker 7: Yes, I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, which one.
Speaker 7: As the ward?
Speaker 1: Ok So if you missed it a little earlier, we spoke to a ghost hunter who does tours through the z Board, which of course was then old the Inside Mental Asil and what happened Courtney.
Speaker 7: So when we went on the tour, we go to the cells and the sort of tells you to go in there and she will lock the doors behind you. You're stand in there for a couple of minutes to get the feel of what they'd be like to standing in there. And as I'm standing in there, we's like we have to choose a part of the room where you want to stand and he have to stay still. And then she opens up the door to you know, let us out, and I go to try and walk out, and my whole body just throws and I couldn't move, like I was statue. I couldn't move. I was just staring at my age partner just like he's like, you're right, and I could not talk, like my whole body was just an ice. And he's like comes up to me face to face and apparently I was just staring at him cold and stay and it wasn't until he actually touched me on the arm. But I actually got released and my whole boy went back to filmal and I just been like what happened? Like you were like out, wow.
Speaker 2: Courtney, do you think something took over your body?
Speaker 7: Most definitely, like I was cold to the touch apparently when he touched me.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's so awesome. You got you got invaded by spirits.
Speaker 3: It was a spirit just hanging out inside you.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Courtney, that's incredible. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Here, that's good. There's some good stories too.
Speaker 2: By the way, I could do this all morning. I love it.
Speaker 3: It's Halloween, baby, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna be armed with all sorts of ghoulish stories, kings off jairs.
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 1: A woman marries a ghost but divorces him because he kept disappearing.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, disrespect the ghost.
Speaker 3: Actually Patrick's ways.
Speaker 1: So her she's a singer. Her name is Bricardi, like Bricardi and Coke.
Speaker 3: Any relation to Cardi bar distant cousin.
Speaker 1: Briccardi by Riccardi and Cardio. Anyway, she married the ghost of a Victorian soldier named Eduardo.
Speaker 3: Never trust in. Eduardo said that since day did.
Speaker 2: This story is so good. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
Speaker 1: She reportedly ended the relationship after less than a year. So she met him in twenty twenty one and stated that the marriage began to fall apart due to her ghost husband's erratic behavior.
Speaker 2: I mean a war, said that, and then bloody reliable?
Speaker 3: Are they you ever?
Speaker 5: Have you ever tried to discipline a ghost? Absolutely? Because the worst thing is when they walk away from you. They literally walk out of.
Speaker 3: The room through a wall and they're like, where to from here? Go to your room? And he just walks out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that feels like me trying to get my five year old of bed. Go to bed. She just walks to a wall. Oh she goes?
Speaker 9: Where's she go?
Speaker 2: Don'no?
Speaker 3: Just drifts through, floats off.
Speaker 1: She described how he became increased simply possessive and unsettling, leading her to eventually divorce him.
Speaker 2: What about this bit though? He's the kicker? She said.
Speaker 1: He would routinely disappear and then emerge days later.
Speaker 2: Smelling of Chanelle number five, No, no, no, it gets better.
Speaker 1: Chanell Number five is Marilyn Monroe's favorite perfume.
Speaker 14: Oh whoa.
Speaker 1: So essentially he was ghosting and poking up with Marilyn Oh my god, Paul Bricardi and Coke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've got to be so careful. We'll give you this tip of free You've got to be so careful ghosts these days.
Speaker 2: Don't you.
Speaker 3: You can not trust.
Speaker 2: Them Father's money, not.
Speaker 3: Even during Halloween. Thinks to get a little bit blue.
Speaker 5: So we've got to get this little segment out of our sisman before we straighten up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Johnh Sure, no problem. What's got for me?
Speaker 5: I got a nice little headline here which I really feel like will connect with you on a personal level.
Speaker 3: You'll understand when I get to it.
Speaker 5: A feurious husband has been jailed after going on a rampage with a shovel following the discovery of his wife having sex with his brother in the back of a car while his mother sat in the front. I mean, I've told you some stories, but this is at the most top part of the top shelf.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: David McCulloch, who's forty one, played guilty last week to the fool and attack after catching the duo romping in the vehicle in Tasmania.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, right, and I feel like.
Speaker 3: Everyone who's from Tazzy knows everyoney to Dazzy.
Speaker 2: That's not entirely true.
Speaker 3: What was Dave actually like?
Speaker 1: Dave?
Speaker 2: I've never met Dave.
Speaker 3: Are you sure?
Speaker 5: The bizarre audio unfolded whinn as suspicious McCulloch tracked down his spouse sent to king after she failed to answer her phone multiple times. Classic the Bernie Supreme Court her during his sentencing hearing, Bernie, ain't.
Speaker 1: It's some strange things happening, Bernie. I mean I'm from Tasmania, so I can say that it's fine.
Speaker 3: Bernie, Supreme Court. We've said some stuff.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: He Fern, his wife of six years, with whom he also shares four kids, in the back of the vehicle with his brother Jamie, in a parking lot close to his siblings apartment building.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it's so incredibly connected, which is so tacy.
Speaker 5: Shockingly, his own mother was sitting unperturbed in the driver's seat when the pair were caught and the raunchy acts the court has heard.
Speaker 3: That's the biggest question. What do you doing, mom? What's what's going on in front seat?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey, mum?
Speaker 1: I mean I can say how I mean, I grew up in Hobart, obviously I can safely say that never once have I had relations with the boy while mum sat in.
Speaker 2: The front of the tarata. Never.
Speaker 3: And you can, you can. You can hold your head high in was, so can Colleen.
Speaker 5: That's something particularly in Tazzy where it's not commonplace.
Speaker 2: No, so what on Joe's Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Can I confirm something though? Can you just be honest for a second, is or is it not your maiden name McCulloch. No, I want to talk to you about the moment where your kids are going through a traumatic situation, but you can't stop.
Speaker 3: Laughing, so you need to leave the room. I think we've all been there at some stage as parents.
Speaker 1: Absolutely we have where they're like distraught and you're like.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: And there was an incidant in our household yesterday where both my wife and I were in that situation and unfortunately our little Lottie, who's a four year old little lady with so much sunshine, was in tears.
Speaker 2: I mean, you say sunshine, I say sas.
Speaker 3: Yes, sas sassy sunshine is what it is.
Speaker 5: Yes, So we left just for a second while they were both in bed, ready to ready to go to sleep, and then as what happens, you hear a bit of a thump, and then what came from that was a whole bunch of tears. Lottie was in tears because you've been hurt by a six year old Henry, and oh, here we go. We both looked at each other and like, all right, who's going to go in there and dress this? We both came at the same time. Lotty is in tears. Henry's sitting there pretending like nothing happened. Just two of them in the room, so we're not detectives. We can work out what's happened. And so he starts with something really, really stupid, And then we said what happened, and Lottie's response was Henry jumped on me and hit me in the nuts. We both looked at each other as I genuinely started laughing to the point where I have to leave the room. It's making Lottie cry even harder, and even Henry started giggling, you don't have nuts, bless you. Lottie could picking up the words around.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so cute. Didn't get resolved.
Speaker 5: It did get resolved. So the conclusion is that she ain't got no nuts.
Speaker 3: It is Halloween.
Speaker 5: Let's talk scary movies, and shall we, and in particular those movies that really scarred you as a cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those things that you watched as a kid and you're like, oh my god, I probably shouldn't have done that. You know, when mom and dad said, don't watch that because that will horrify you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I should have listened.
Speaker 5: She should have definitely listened to you, one of you. I don't think still to this day, if I watch this now, I would still be just as freaked out.
Speaker 3: And that is the exergum.
Speaker 4: It is a layer you will exclise with the truth to not an accident, an exercision.
Speaker 2: A million.
Speaker 13: I'm actually possessed by.
Speaker 9: I always wonder if that kid was scarred by acting in that role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, surely, Yeah, there was.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was a kid getting a little sneak peek of the Gremlins.
Speaker 3: Oh my, probably the most of the scene.
Speaker 15: Don't ever feed him after midnight.
Speaker 5: Showed you already at the Christmas party.
Speaker 6: Get Meeker, Let's go around the road.
Speaker 3: Produces.
Speaker 9: Yeah, babysitter made me watch sore.
Speaker 1: Babysitter. I hope she earned her eight dollars fifty an hour.
Speaker 9: And it stayed with me.
Speaker 3: That helmet scene, sore, freaky af you do not kill that six and Alison and Diana will die. This rule rot.
Speaker 8: Let the game genuinely given me shivers up my spine.
Speaker 1: What was the movie where there was the babysitter was in the house and she takes a phone call?
Speaker 3: What was that one scream?
Speaker 2: I don't think twenty four ten?
Speaker 3: Someone tell us scatty shack. I don't know, we're working.
Speaker 1: Does anyone know what I'm talking about? With the babysits alone in the house and she gets a phone call?
Speaker 9: Is that the same one of the phones coming from inside the house?
Speaker 3: Is it screamed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 9: Coming from inside the house.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's scream I.
Speaker 2: Just no, okay, here's your key takeaway from that. No one wants you to be right, not one of us.
Speaker 3: What about you produce a flak?
Speaker 5: I think produce a FLA's going in a bit of an alternative area when it comes to horror movies.
Speaker 10: I don't do horror movies. I refuse to watch them. I think they're silly and scary, that is you're right. Yeah, my life changed when dad let me stay up and he goes, this is good for your development, and he let me watch Lord.
Speaker 3: Of the Flies.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, now that's not a horror film, but the kids go a bit crazy, right yeah on the island and in primary school, I was a bit of a fact yeah, and that killed a fat kid with a rock and I'm like, great, that's me and then scarred me for life.
Speaker 3: Thank you for laughing at my name. I feel a new nickname.
Speaker 1: Come are we replacing mask?
Speaker 13: Are we?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Twenty four ten?
Speaker 5: Tell us the horror movie that absolutely scarred that you know what out of you.
Speaker 3: As a child.
Speaker 2: Please, we'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Share your trauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Halloween will soothe you.
Speaker 3: It's fun, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Let's tell you calls next those movies that really really set you off in a really destructing path as a kid. Talking about those scary movies that you saw as a kid that absolutely shocked you and probably caused a bit of trauma.
Speaker 1: To be honest, well, you know how, we were just chatting about the I was like, oh, who's the girl the babysitter in the house alone, and you're like, it's screamed.
Speaker 2: I think it's screamed.
Speaker 3: Is it confirmation?
Speaker 2: It's not screamed.
Speaker 1: It was when a stranger calls and someone calls them and goes, have you checked the children?
Speaker 3: Horrifying? Isn't that that does sound good?
Speaker 1: We are asking on thirteen twenty four to ten, we're bringing out childhood trauma.
Speaker 3: Okay, talk about.
Speaker 1: Things that terrified you the movies more specifically that terrified you as a child. Emily from Golf You Heights?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 12: I was at my dad's house and he said, okay, you need to watch Finding Destination, but you cannot tell your mom.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh that what about dad?
Speaker 5: The Final Destination series was just outrageous. This is number three. The roller coaster scenes. You just felt like that if you were inside the Final Destination, like if that was you, you were the character. It didn't matter what you were going to do, you were going to end up dead.
Speaker 2: Emily, what was the plot?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What was it all about?
Speaker 12: It was the one where they were at the racetrack and the racetracks completely fell apart. And then I went back to months the next night and she was.
Speaker 11: Like, oh, that's so to speedway. So then the whole entire time I was just like, I'm going to die.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because yeah, it's just going to completely poor part.
Speaker 2: And also also thanks dad, Yeah, cheers dad.
Speaker 3: What a great, lovely thought process for a young child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that beautiful? Beteen twenty four ten, get involved this morning. Those movies that traumatized you as a kid, let's hear from you. We're going to take your calls next.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll take more calls straight ufter. Sabrina Carpenter a really ghoulish song on Overdime by Night.
Speaker 3: It's called Taste. It's Jodie Nazy.
Speaker 5: We're talking scary movies because it is Halloween, in particular, those scary movies that really really.
Speaker 3: Messed you up as a child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the Exorcist ruined you for life, did it not.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: I always wondered what it would be like to spew out blood but also walking backwards.
Speaker 3: On your hands and feet down the stairs. Yeah, you never got to live it out. But I thought, wow, do you know that's something else?
Speaker 2: Today's the day? Today could be to day?
Speaker 3: I went, why not? I'm just going to say it, and if you know the movie.
Speaker 5: You know, there's a moment where they're screaming the power of Christ compels you, and what's happening with that crucifixes.
Speaker 3: It's just not right, it's just not heavenly. Really messed me up.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm sorry, Yeah, it's kind of Matt from More Welcome morning, Matt.
Speaker 15: Good morning, guys. How are we good.
Speaker 2: Relive your childhood trauma for us, please?
Speaker 15: Well, one that messed me up as a kid wasn't It wasn't all that scary, but it was definitely one that gave me an irrational fear was a movie called Volcano.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was.
Speaker 15: I had to quickly look it up, but it was a movie I only watched it as a kid. I never watched it again because it's irrational fear. But it was apparently an earthquake happened in Los Angeles and it started like hidden on the Grand Volcano. And then I just got a rational fear that I'm gonna have a volcano erup somewhere near me in my life and I'm gonna burn.
Speaker 2: Whatever you do, Matt, don't watch shark Nado because you just Let's go to Vicky from Darlington, Good morning, Vicky.
Speaker 13: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was it?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 11: It was a movie I would have been probably, you know, maybe five years of age, just sitting in the loundry and playing with my dolls and that's on TV.
Speaker 3: He was that a mid day movie?
Speaker 1: I know, normally, Vicky, the midday movies are like some sappy, ridiculous like love movie where you know, someone falls in love with someone else, but not on this particular occasion.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's amazing. And all the moms and dads out there, you've just got to put it in perspective. You think your toddler's bad could be worse, could be chucky.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Sharon from Seafed Meadows. Good morning, Sharon, good morning.
Speaker 2: What was the movie?
Speaker 14: It was Critters.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I watched critis as well. Nothing about them all.
Speaker 5: They've come a long way and they're hungry.
Speaker 3: You know, watch Sharon.
Speaker 5: If we sat down and watched Critters now we would laugh because it's so just not very, very scary at all.
Speaker 14: It was the scene where the little girl is sleeping in a single bed and the creater is underneath the bed and she hangs her arms and legs over the edge because it's hot, and he comes up from under the bed and eats her feet and hands. And I couldn't. I slept in a bowl for years. I could not put couldn't, couldn't hang over the bed.
Speaker 3: It's not the thing.
Speaker 5: And then for the rest of you childhood, you're this sweaty little ball in.
Speaker 3: The middle of your bed in the fetal position, gulf by you.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, oh you poor love.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sharon.
Speaker 1: Cassie from seakhliss around this out for us.
Speaker 4: What was the movie? Good morning? It was signed the Alien movie?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but it.
Speaker 13: Did so much damished me.
Speaker 7: I was so young.
Speaker 13: I literally left half glasses of water.
Speaker 15: You know the movie.
Speaker 7: You know that the water is what can you know? Kill the alien?
Speaker 4: Yes, I left half glass the water all around the house for years and drove my parents insane, like we did into my teenage.
Speaker 7: Into teenageas I'm not kidding, was amazing.
Speaker 3: I just cruise around the house. Well a glass of water.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, Cassy is thirsty.
Speaker 3: Oh good for the animals, I guess, oh, I guess there you go.
Speaker 6: Okay, now, Cassie, you know I still struggle to drink a full blast.
Speaker 5: What a magical space this is too usually good friends coming head to head in I would say almost Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the fierceness of this.
Speaker 1: We will fight to the death in Battle of the Bangers, There's no question. And if you haven't heard it before, this is how it rolls.
Speaker 2: We have a theme. Each week.
Speaker 1: You choose a song, I choose a song, and then you get to vote on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page for the song that you want to hear tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Write about this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's simple and I love that too.
Speaker 2: You choose the music right now? Would you do? You care to read out the school?
Speaker 3: Wow, it's twenty one to fifteen. It was good to say that.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how many more weeks we have left in the year, but there is a trophy for Battle of the Vegers Supreme Champion Battle the Bangers, and I probably need to win every single week from here and then to be even eligible to be in the mix.
Speaker 2: No, I think you're out.
Speaker 1: I think we did the mask badly last week and you had to win last week and you didn't.
Speaker 3: Again, We've got more than six weeks left on the Nah.
Speaker 2: No, we don't no, mate.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm the diamonds. This is the gree I'm the diamonds and you are the silver fan.
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Does that feel not nice? I'm just trying to come. I'm strong. Still lost a series though.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you have to play dirty? The minute you start losing, you discussing? Don't bring the do don't you very dare bring the Diamonds into this just because they just lost the consolation Cup.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, cheers.
Speaker 5: I'll try anything at this stage. Yeah, all right, Halloween theme. Would you like to go first like you always do?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please, the Queen of Halloween Marianna with a bit of disturbia.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's definitely fits the theme.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? Jade's my song?
Speaker 5: I know you well enough to know that you're going to really like my song and that you're going to hope that my song wins.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Cranberryese zombie.
Speaker 4: That is good.
Speaker 1: That is good.
Speaker 3: Za Never never have you sung along to my song like that?
Speaker 2: Never know, these are bad signs for me.
Speaker 5: There you go, well, and this will show just how much I'm not liked in this space. You're you're probably going to win this with a full endorsement for my song. You could tell me people to vote for my song and you still get.
Speaker 3: To win this. My soul.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, that's how I feel in songs, A song, song song each You never a Tuesday where you pants me pretty much right?
Speaker 5: Please get voting at Jody and Hazy. So you've got a Zombie by the Cranberries versus disturb You by Rihanna. Boy our boy need a victory. We will play the Winging song tomorrow morning at eight.
Speaker 1: Last week it came down to one vote, solitary, and I think we had the most votes we've ever had.
Speaker 5: It was hundreds of votes, came down to one vote for the first time in weeks and weeks, your husband voted for your song instead of my song.
Speaker 3: It really hurt me, really.
Speaker 1: You know, when greg Odie the man you have a complete romance with votes for his own wife, You're in trouble mate.
Speaker 3: What happened there