Speaker 1: Let's head to money con huge night last.
Speaker 2: Time the Monico brand Prix. It's like the most iconic of all the Formula One racers. I've always wanted to go. And my fiance Paul is there at the moment, and he said to me called yesterday and he was like, once in a lifetime. Back, once in a lifetime, and I'm like, well, can we make it twice in a lifetime so I can go once too?
Speaker 1: Have you told Clinton what you wake up to at three o'clock this morning?
Speaker 3: I'm tied. So he's there, He's on a boy's trips, like.
Speaker 1: Luxury boat with some big names. He's over there with Maddie Damon.
Speaker 2: Mattie Damon, they're there together, and they decided at three point thirty this morning, is that Paul was going to FaceTime me, who was in the pitch back sound asleep in Melbourne, and matt was going to FaceTime his wife in New York and then make us talk to each other, just hold just on speakerphone.
Speaker 3: And they were in the conversation.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I could just call Lucy if I wanted to talk to Lucy at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: But I was sleeping anybody.
Speaker 4: Did you take it?
Speaker 3: I took it?
Speaker 4: Or did you talk about eighteen minutes?
Speaker 1: Eighteen minutes?
Speaker 2: And I was looking at it before it was eighteen yep, eighteen minutes. I sat on the phone to them and then they were like, I think Lossi's gone. I was like, I'm still here. I was lying in the pitch black in my bed, just with it on.
Speaker 1: Speak of Jason Bourne. You don't hang up that phone.
Speaker 4: Having a wound boy would have gone straight through the keeper with me.
Speaker 1: Just let it.
Speaker 2: Really, I thought maybe there was a situation. I was excited that he call me on a boys trip. I was like, ooh, juicy, something juicy's happened. He just wanted to wake me up.
Speaker 1: Something exciting happened for our local lad. Though.
Speaker 3: How much Grand Prix do you think the boys watched on their boys trip?
Speaker 1: I don't think they know.
Speaker 4: They seek question. Can they see you can.
Speaker 3: See the track from the well technic big screens all around if.
Speaker 1: You're watching the race, they would see the Yeah, did you hear the cars in the background when they ring?
Speaker 3: No, it was o'clock at night over there. I wonder if they're still going in the background.
Speaker 1: Don't answer that that's in tapment.
Speaker 2: But yes, anyway, big night at the Montico Grand Prix. Very proud of our Melbourne boy, Oscar Piastree, who started in p two, finished in p two. It was one of the only Grand PRIs where they finished in the same position as they started. A very tricky course to overtake.
Speaker 4: Time from the front.
Speaker 3: You're very tricky.
Speaker 1: We were proud. Someone we spoke to a little bit earlier was a lot more proud than us.
Speaker 3: Nicole Piastre.
Speaker 2: Oscar's gorgeous mum who lives here in Melbourne with his three sisters. He's obviously off traveling the world. We spoke to earlier, your family and just so gorgeous. You guys are just glued to the screen watching him go around like beaming with pride. But seeing him on the podium last night, standing up there with his trophy, that's what you live for, right, That's what he lives for.
Speaker 5: And he's been going for a long time. He left at fourteen well to pursue this dream. But when they're so happy, he's so happy, and I think just I mean, not many people get to actually achieve their dreams, a dream come true. To be on a podium in Monacoil, just being a Formula one car.
Speaker 1: Amazing did you see and not the crash? I'm not talking about on a Lap one, but there was a boat crash. What happened?
Speaker 2: I saw the headline and I asked, like Jesus, if this is pulling his stupid mates, But it wasn't. It wasn't him. Someone took it. It looked like a tender, one of the smaller boats.
Speaker 1: My dad always said, if you want some entertainment, grab a six pack and sit down at the boat ramp and just watch idiots trying to put boats on.
Speaker 2: Well, these boat those boats they have over there are amazing, so that it wouldn't be a cheap mistake that was made when the boat crashed over the jetty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was an out of controlled tender.
Speaker 4: It looked like it had no driver. I think you driver fell off a ghost boat.
Speaker 1: A ghost boat, and it's like all through the marina and then driven up onto the dry dock, just missing people.
Speaker 2: Those boats are so big, some of them that that wouldn't have been a tiny boat and looked minuscule next to some of those big boat. Paul said that there were boats out there that were so big they couldn't even get into the marina.
Speaker 4: It's a bit like Jason's boatliners.
Speaker 1: You've got a shower on yours? Actually, actually I have a water off.
Speaker 3: Have a toilet on your boat?
Speaker 1: No, you just stand at the back and like you lean on the back and you get a mate to hold you by the shirt so you don't fall in.
Speaker 3: He's still a wizzer off the side.
Speaker 1: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess so. I thought you might have had an actual proper toilet. You've got an underneath?
Speaker 1: No, or it is. It's a tiny.
Speaker 3: It's not a tiny. I've seen it. Have a steering wheel, does have a thing at the back place.
Speaker 4: Imagine you it's Paul On, your.
Speaker 1: Movie star Matt Damon would not be on this boat in it.
Speaker 3: He'd love it. He'd love the tiny.
Speaker 1: Hey, what are you guys like behind the wheel?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good, I'm okay.
Speaker 3: No, please terrible and.
Speaker 2: Gets distracted when I drive in your car. Last time I got whiplash.
Speaker 3: You did, you're driving?
Speaker 4: You knew that was bad, but I put Miss Universe on her back. Excuse me, I'm sorry I flipped her in the celebrity g Yeah, and she rolled.
Speaker 1: On her roof. I like the way you said it better.
Speaker 3: Very different to having missus Universe on her back.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty fourteen. Who should not be behind the wheel?
Speaker 4: Quint mawha maa ma wa if And I in the car right now.
Speaker 1: Isn't she? I think I'm saying, you know what was the mobile? Oh no, because it'll.
Speaker 3: Ring you think she shouldn't have her driver's lisses.
Speaker 1: Like if I go in the car with low I cannot sit in the passenger seat her spatial awareness. I'll be like, and my anxiety will just go through the room. She's going to hit the rims. She's going to hit the rims, and.
Speaker 3: Then having a passenger, it'll.
Speaker 1: Be like that's the gutter, or she'll go the.
Speaker 2: Other passengers who think they should be driving, like just get up and walk.
Speaker 1: Then would she want to say you could park another car between her car and the gun?
Speaker 3: That's considerate of her. Well, if someone else needs that park, they can park in between.
Speaker 4: Thoughtful. She's got you there.
Speaker 1: When she's reversing out the driveway, I tell the kids to run for cover.
Speaker 3: I'll just park wherever I want.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I went to this long game on the weekend and I just thought this no standing looks good to me.
Speaker 3: There was no parking.
Speaker 1: Does he put the hazards on?
Speaker 3: I don't know where they are.
Speaker 1: You don't know where the hazard button is in the car?
Speaker 3: Na I told you that?
Speaker 1: So what do you got?
Speaker 4: An indicator and a Deefer drag?
Speaker 3: Left it there?
Speaker 4: Do you do this there?
Speaker 3: When I came back and it.
Speaker 4: Was no ticket?
Speaker 3: No ticket, that's a win, that's a win.
Speaker 1: Oh there was no wheels either. It was up on blocks thirteen twenty four ten. Who should not be behind the wheel? Yeah, you want to dob your selfie or a partners eight past nine or across.
Speaker 3: I liked the heckness, this sickness of that for once. I'm having a rough morning, aren't I?
Speaker 1: Last night mum was watching the Formula One.
Speaker 3: The boy went, well did any oscar piastre well done?
Speaker 1: I'm a podium spoke to his mum from Brighton this morning when he comes back to Melbourne. How is he with you behind the wheel if you pick him uprom the airport in the Torago? Is he like the driver?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He's not great.
Speaker 1: Imagine that your Formula one driving your mum's driving your car?
Speaker 4: You'd be like, get out of the right lane.
Speaker 3: Oh, mom, left right floor.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's lovely, Nicole Piastre, it's nice to talk to.
Speaker 4: There are some shocking drivers on the road, and I've got a theory it used to be Volvo drivers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they get a huge block your ears.
Speaker 1: I reckon.
Speaker 4: Tesla drivers are shocking.
Speaker 1: I agree? Are they just bin to your one over here might be saving the world.
Speaker 4: But maybe not you, Lauren, but you're he's the brothers and sisters.
Speaker 3: Uber. It's a Tesla. I kept getting Tesla? Or am I booking?
Speaker 1: I think you're booking the nicer route.
Speaker 4: Comfort comfort electric?
Speaker 1: Because my I thirty that rock up for me on Friday night to get home from the past economical. It was not a Tesla.
Speaker 3: That was a good driver.
Speaker 1: I don't know. My feet were in the front seat and I was little. She was tight.
Speaker 2: It's funny when you get really smaller, big there's three adults in the back and you're like, oh, just in the front.
Speaker 4: Do you know what you should say this? I got in. I got in the back right, so behind the driver.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. That's scarce.
Speaker 3: That feels lopsided to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rolling plane they like to seat you so you balance out.
Speaker 4: But it threw him and it through me as well, but I sort of went with it.
Speaker 1: No, it's probably I would freak out if that's where the passenger sat. I'm like, I don't want them behind me.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want to behind me.
Speaker 1: I like riding shotgun? Do you?
Speaker 3: I think some uber drivers find that quite confronting. They don't like it.
Speaker 4: You've got to go left back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back, left ways.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm gonna start going middle, do the right thing, the right things.
Speaker 1: Rogue that's right in the middle with a little strap thirteen twenty four ten. Who should be taken?
Speaker 3: The thought of you sitting in the middle seat in the back seat.
Speaker 1: And every time they'll look at the review mirror, I'll be like, come on right.
Speaker 2: Just your big head, hello, all right? Who shouldn't be behind the wheel? Melbourne, thirteen twenty four ten is our number? Jen in Wheelers Hill? Do you know someone who shouldn't be driving?
Speaker 4: My mother?
Speaker 3: Why? What's wrong?
Speaker 4: They're going to say, under the bus, But don't do that.
Speaker 8: I can do it because she leaves in West in Australia.
Speaker 3: Going to this and so what's wrong with their driving.
Speaker 8: She's fine ish on the road, like the most of the.
Speaker 3: Car finny in car park, Oh.
Speaker 8: Absolutely terrifying in car packs, not pedestrians. She's very respectful there. She's had three spender benders in twenty twenty three into her new car.
Speaker 3: Sender bender like she's.
Speaker 8: Parked badly and someone pulled in or pulled out and they scratched down the side of it. I don't understand why, I like, you let my brothers talk you into buying a car for a young family instead of the little jacks cracky you should be driving.
Speaker 3: What car is she driving?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 8: It's one of these when she bought it's one of these, like six seaters sudn.
Speaker 3: Nan Nan doesn't need one of them.
Speaker 1: My wife parked the down at half Moon Bay and then she's left the door open and the winds hit it, so it's throwing the door into another car.
Speaker 4: Did she did she just drive off the door? Did she drive off?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Laura, was she in the car, she was getting out of the car. She got out of the car with the door open, and then yeah, the wind hit it.
Speaker 4: She drove off?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the other owner was there. I said, please tell me drove off.
Speaker 3: She said, no, no, you can't be doing that of the test Leanna in Cheltenham, good morning. Who shouldn't be driving that?
Speaker 7: You know, my it's the neighbor.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with your neighbor?
Speaker 1: Have they hit the fence?
Speaker 7: He's about nineteen plus his death blind in one eye.
Speaker 4: Definitely that's allowed.
Speaker 7: I think, so it's not allowed, and I don't know he's still driving. He's driving his wife's weekly to the local chops and the cafe.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's so sad though, because you take their driver's license off, so you take their independence.
Speaker 3: But I think if you're blinded because you wear a patch.
Speaker 7: No, no, he doesn't. But when we walk down the driveway, he's like, ah, is that my husband called me? He calls that Anna or what?
Speaker 3: And he thinks you're his wife.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll definitely put him behind the wheel of a motor vehicle. He sounds. I hope he's my uber driver today.
Speaker 9: It's here he comes, stop it stop?
Speaker 1: Should give it away?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it respect your elders to stop?
Speaker 1: He'll be fine for the first part of the test when they say cover one on read the letters. Second part is going to get him though, Marco.
Speaker 4: He's definitely got a blind spot.
Speaker 1: Poor bugger should go all right?
Speaker 4: Okay, got another one.
Speaker 3: From morning time? Who should be taking off the roads?
Speaker 6: Well, it's a blanket statement. It's much like a test one. It's Volkswagon drivers. I see lots and lots of them because I'm on the road a lot, and we get a lot of dash can videos and we chuckle about every Friday night. But even while waiting for you guys on the call, I pulled into a very popular fast food restaurant car park and I saw one run up the back of another one while they're in the drive through. Volkswagen board.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's not praying in the drive through. He was just one of his big.
Speaker 1: Man Yeah, they're excited. Think it's at the second window. More more of a concern. Cant happening Friday night? Do you sit there with a vena and watch dashboard videos? Back to sorry? Do you sit there and watch dash cam footage back on a Friday?
Speaker 6: When we have Friday drinks, we tend to put out the best of the weekend. I would say about eighty percent of them a Volkswagen related What.
Speaker 3: Do you what do you do for across Justin. Are you a bus driver or something?
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm an engineer, but I might do a bit of driving. But it's just interesting that the demount we can see and it is getting scary, used to be rangers that it has been. Tesla's a little bit, but predominantly we're seeing Volkswagens. They just do silly things, and I don't know whether I think it's like the old Volvo. I'm driving a very safe car. I see lots of axes, but I never had one.
Speaker 1: Good on your Justin, you sound like a Volvo driver.
Speaker 4: He does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that we've really his like topic subscribed to.
Speaker 3: He's made for this chat. He heard this phone topic and he was like, that's me.
Speaker 1: We've been doing this for Friday nights for years.
Speaker 4: Finally look at this one.
Speaker 3: Guys, who's going to his dash cam parties? I wonder his family? Who's he having any stash campanies when they host them? I wonder can we go to you want to go to a dash cam party?
Speaker 1: We must go go.
Speaker 3: Vanessa from mill Park? Do you want to come to the dash can?
Speaker 2: I love to? Okay, we've got another guest for you, Vanessa, who shouldn't be driving.
Speaker 10: So my sixteen year old daughter got her learners two weeks ago. Mind you, she failed the online test full time before she got it right. And I've only been for one drive with her and my husband one drive. Also, we've both swept the wheel several times. You need to get the lesson mirror, kick the barrier. At one stage she didn't got no spatial awareness of the road, so she's hopeless.
Speaker 2: You need to get the This is what my parents did because the first time my mum took me out driving, I also failed my test.
Speaker 3: She I pulled over.
Speaker 2: We had such a big fight in the car that I just pulled over, left the doors open, and got out.
Speaker 1: My dad told me I can't steer, So I mounted that curb and said, I'm walking home.
Speaker 2: Does anyone have the courage to get in a car with someone for the first time that they drive. If I am ever lucky enough to have children, there is no way on earth.
Speaker 3: I'll say, here you go, here's the keys. You've never driven a car before, let's go.
Speaker 1: What you learn is on for a driving.
Speaker 3: I'll take him. I'll teach Hudson.
Speaker 1: You teach him how to do a burnout, how.
Speaker 3: To do a burnout. How to do that? I don't know how to do a burnout. Do you push the brake and accelerate at the same time? Is that what you're doing? It is just you're dowey.
Speaker 1: Seventeen past nine, you're on over one hundred. Good morning, Gonad, Jason Lauren.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren, Wake up feeling good on NOB one hundred Jason Lauren only on socials,